PDA

View Full Version : Fixture Information No Upper Holmesdale hor Huddersfield Cup Game

Owngoal
13-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Just received an email telling me that they are not opening the upper and that I will have to find a seat in the lower. No offer of course of money back. No way do I want to be near the HF - don't mind looking down on them, which I do normally

sylvan eagle
13-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Just received an email telling me that they are not opening the upper and that I will have to find a seat in the lower. No offer of course of money back. No way do I want to be near the HF - don't mind looking down on them, which I do normally

Opening a can of worms there

Owngoal
13-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Opening a can of worms there

Have to try and find something funny about it. Best view in the stadium is what you pay for and that is what I am used to

PeterH
13-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Have to try and find something funny about it. Best view in the stadium is what you pay for and that is what I am used to

Indeed.

Little Fozzie
13-09-2017, 04:13 PM
FFS, penny pinching on a few stewards now. Was looking forward to the front row of the upper for a change. Sounds like we won't even get to choose a new seat either, just go where there is space

Little Fozzie
13-09-2017, 04:46 PM
How is this even going to work? How will the stewards know what seats are free and which ones aren't?

Owngoal
13-09-2017, 06:02 PM
How is this even going to work? How will the stewards know what seats are free and which ones aren't?

It is a shambles. Really poor from the club. Had great seats. Not anymore

Dorking .Eagle
13-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Rather peeved, as bought 4 seats together literally minutes after it went on sale to get a really great position at the front, so the kids get a great clear view.

The email says stewards will direct us to available seats. Be very interested in where they plan on moving us to. To be honest would rather sit in the Main Stand than the Holmesdale Lower if the Upper is not possible.

Shame the club can't just take tickets off sale and just provide a few safety stewards for the upper (for those who already bought tickets) with all refreshments available in the lower only

Maybe the saving might pay for some row numbers to be painted on the steps???!

Little Fozzie
13-09-2017, 06:40 PM
You'd think they would be trying not to piss fans off at this point...

Bit of a cheek as well to say your ticket is valid only in the lower tier. Can't even move to the main stand.

Dorking .Eagle
13-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Bit of a cheek as well to say your ticket is valid only in the lower tier. Can't even move to the main stand.

Quite. Imagine it another way around, for example saying Main Stand fans have to move to Holmesdale Lower. The Lower Tier is very different to the Upper, and I don't just mean the view. Even the Sainsburys end is preferable to the Lower to be honest.

Polak
13-09-2017, 06:57 PM
This is absolute rubbish from the club. Bought my seats on the Saturday after the draw to make sure that I got good seats and now me and my son have been booted out. No other way to describe it. Really shoddy behaviour.

Wolfnipplechips
13-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Presumably of you've bought a ticket in the upper already you have entered into a contract with the club?

Piss poor.

GreatGonzo
13-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Just looking to get my ticket.

Looking at the availability i would be surprised if we get a gate of 5k!

PeterH
13-09-2017, 08:22 PM
I can't advise from afar. If it was me, I would ask for a refund. And explain why. Enough people do that and it might sink in.

Owngoal
13-09-2017, 10:39 PM
There was a time when Steve Browett would have picked up on this, not any more.

palacemetros
13-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Well, we've well and trully arrived in the Premier League haven't we?

Oli28
13-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Well, we've well and trully arrived in the Premier League haven't we?
The club have shown this level of disregard towards its fans for years now.

tomlig
13-09-2017, 10:47 PM
This is a ferkin disgrace. How about a stand up protest in the Lower?

Yoda
13-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Rather peeved, as bought 4 seats together literally minutes after it went on sale to get a really great position at the front, so the kids get a great clear view.

The email says stewards will direct us to available seats. Be very interested in where they plan on moving us to. To be honest would rather sit in the Main Stand than the Holmesdale Lower if the Upper is not possible.

Shame the club can't just take tickets off sale and just provide a few safety stewards for the upper (for those who already bought tickets) with all refreshments available in the lower only

Maybe the saving might pay for some row numbers to be painted on the steps???!

Hey, don't go thinking you can just come over to the Main Stand now your beloved Holmesdale Upper is closed!

We're trying to have a snooze in there don't you know.

palacemetros
13-09-2017, 10:54 PM

Yeah, I know. And each time I keep forgiving....until the next time...and the next....and the next....:frown:

New LP
14-09-2017, 01:22 PM

Hold on though, I thought we had the greatest owners in the world?

Owngoal
14-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Hold on though, I thought we had the greatest owners in the world?

Once upon a time, they were fans

PeterH
14-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I think it's pretty poor if they've already sold you the tickets.

I don't know how anyone can excuse that.

For these cup games people love to try out other areas of the ground that are usually taken up by season ticket holders. That's one of the bigger draws of going to otherwise unattractive cup games - midweek on school nights.

Owngoal
14-09-2017, 04:19 PM
I think it's pretty poor if they've already sold you the tickets.

I don't know how anyone can excuse that.

For these cup games people love to try out other areas of the ground that are usually taken up by season ticket holders. That's one of the bigger draws of going to otherwise unattractive cup games - midweek on school nights.

Don't think I have ever seen trouble in the upper either so need very few stewards. You just know the finding a crap seat will be a shambles. Rarely get the chance to sit in the 'gallery' as all STs so a fair few will have got their seats there. Also have a feeling there is less leg room and when you are tall that matters.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
14-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Probably deemed it a suicide risk as things stand.

SE5eagle
14-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Probably deemed it a suicide risk as things stand.

:D

PUDDERS
15-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Just visited the Box Office and (with the help of the always polite Ryan) switched our 8 seats to the Main Stand

Dorking .Eagle
15-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Thx Pudders, will do that tomorrow morning. :)

wrightchipvcfc
15-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Just visited the Box Office and (with the help of the always polite Ryan) switched our 8 seats to the Main Stand

Ryan is a palace fan your see him around the country it shows that he reAly makes a effort in his job top man I've seen fans in box office not want the other staff and wait for him to be free

St.AlbansEagle
15-09-2017, 02:16 PM
This is a disgrace, made worse by silence by the club. Not impressed

mikethetie2010
15-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Glad big bro has managed to resolve but it shouldnt have been necessary . Its crap service again and however well they resolve retrospectively doesnt alleviate the bad taste

King William
15-09-2017, 07:19 PM
This is a disgrace, made worse by silence by the club. Not impressed

Are you surprised though. We are only the fans these days.....well down the list of priorities

Owngoal
16-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Amazing that most clubs charging a tenner for these games, we not only charge more but shit on our fans by the way we treat our own fans and the way the team plays. Club is currently a monumental fu*k up

Keith Powell
17-09-2017, 12:39 PM
A person who sits next to me bought a ticket for the upper tier for Tuesday before the game yesterday no mention of it not being open .

Owngoal
17-09-2017, 02:55 PM
A person who sits next to me bought a ticket for the upper tier for Tuesday before the game yesterday no mention of it not being open .

We have had an email from the club telling us to use different entrances than on our tickets and stewards will find us a seat in the lower H. Smacks of total incompetence. Why should we have to show up earlier because of their tight wad incompetence. Depending how it goes on the pitch SP may find himself the subject of comment from some pissed off fans

New LP
18-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Depending how it goes on the pitch SP may find himself the subject of comment from some pissed off fans

I'm sure he'd care massively about this right now.

Pointsforprizes
19-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Disgraceful treatment of loyal fans. Parish has really lost the plot!

Owngoal
19-09-2017, 12:11 AM
I'm sure he'd care massively about this right now.

Lose the fans and you lose the club - he would care massively

Polak
19-09-2017, 07:18 AM
I emailed the box office on Thursday stating that it was shoddy treatment of supporters. I said that I wanted to swap my seats in the Upper for specific seats in the Lower and wanted to pick them up on Saturday before the Southampton match as I didn't fancy a free for all on Tuesday evening. Box Office posted me the replacement tickets which arrived on Friday which was good work.

EddieEdwards
19-09-2017, 10:44 AM
I emailed the box office on Thursday stating that it was shoddy treatment of supporters. I said that I wanted to swap my seats in the Upper for specific seats in the Lower and wanted to pick them up on Saturday before the Southampton match as I didn't fancy a free for all on Tuesday evening. Box Office posted me the replacement tickets which arrived on Friday which was good work.Yes, the box office are happy to swap Upper Tier tickets for seats elsewhere - I swapped mine on Saturday for Main Stand seats. It would have been much better if it had been made clear in the original communication that this option was available, rather than just telling fans who had booked early in order to get their choice of seats that they would be directed to available seats in the Lower Holmesdale.