PDA

View Full Version : Live Com and Updates: Crystal Palace 0-1 Southampton 12:30 KO (Sky sports 1)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
16-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Zaha cant save us got beaten up by Huddersfield other teams know how to stop him

The crime is that, once again, our only route to goal is Wilfred Zaha.

Only been saying this shit for years.

McpfcS
16-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Think people are getting a little carried away - we weren't awful today by any stretch. Neither were we great. There is no sense of a lack of application just a lack of quality in some areas and a lack of confidence in all areas.

DARZET EAGLE
16-09-2017, 02:25 PM
McArthur ******* awful, Puncheon and Ward nearly as bad. Luka has to start, sheer class. RLC is wonderful and TFM is very intelligent and uses the ball smartly. Stick him at RB, drop Dann when Sakho is fit and put Tomkins next to him. Schlupp at LW while Wilf's out with PVA behind would help as well

not the worst performance ever but the changes are obvious imo. We had the better chances but as usual didn't take them

Because we have no strikers other than Benteke on the pitch.:rolleyes:

Great Lombardi
16-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Well at least Keshi Anderson just scored for Swindon... that's cheered everyone up [emoji6]

Stavros 69
16-09-2017, 02:29 PM
How can anyone think TFM is a CB.
He's clearly a RB

Mr Palace
16-09-2017, 02:30 PM
How can anyone think TFM is a CB.
He's clearly a RB

It's so obvious. He's a weak Cb but i bet he would be an excellent RB. He has to play there over ward.

mrgins
16-09-2017, 02:30 PM
With wilf and sakho back, we will be steadier. Puncheon is the wrong choice for captain and seems to be losing the players as much as fdb was. Just going to create rot within the team if that doesn't change. Our transfer window in January is crucial to our survival

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Sad to see ward so poor despite his obvious effort should have been substituted for Kelly or tomkins near the end

newish eagle
16-09-2017, 02:33 PM
With wilf and sakho back, we will be steadier. Puncheon is the wrong choice for captain and seems to be losing the players as much as fdb was. Just going to create rot within the team if that doesn't change. Our transfer window in January is crucial to our survival
Survival? I admire you're optimism mate!

We will be long adrift by January. I'm afraid we're this seasons Villa.

costello
It's so obvious. He's a weak Cb but i bet he would be an excellent RB. He has to play there over ward.

Have to disagree. Was excellent at CB today.

rhiannapaul
People saying there would be a mass exodus when we go down. Would we really miss any off them bar Wilf ?
Should never have let Jedi go proper leader on the pitch

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 02:34 PM
I thought fosu mensah wasn't great
He looks inexperienced and hesitant on the ball doesn't come forward takes the slow safe option
He will be a fine player in years to come
We are helping out man utd

McpfcS
Just pray that Hodgson moves TFM to RB once Sakho is fit and not drop Dann or TFM to keep Ward in the side.

Mr Palace
Have to disagree. Was excellent at CB today.

He's a quality player don't get me wrong. But his position has always been RB. He could become a good CB but he got bossed last week at Burnley. I'd have him at RB where he will be even better.

mrgins
16-09-2017, 02:36 PM
He looks inexperienced and hesitant on the ball doesn't come forward takes the slow safe option

He won't play next week

PHIL BARBER
16-09-2017, 02:37 PM
What has happened to Jairo ?

costello
16-09-2017, 02:37 PM
He's a quality player don't get me wrong. But his position has always been RB. He could become a good CB but he got bossed last week at Burnley. I'd have him at RB where he will be even better.

I hope you're right. But as I say, we will miss that pace through the middle.

exiledeagle
16-09-2017, 02:39 PM

I thought this - he looks comfortable on ball , has played in midfield , maybe would offer something better than Puncheon McArthur and Cabaye ?

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Bakary sako great physique nothing else

PHIL BARBER
16-09-2017, 02:40 PM
I thought this - he looks comfortable on ball , has played in midfield , maybe would offer something better than Puncheon McArthur and Cabaye ?

I felt McArthur and Cabaye were very poor today, we need energy in Midfield.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
16-09-2017, 02:41 PM

He will once Sahko is fit. I think TFM will be a star there.

We have to drop Puncheon, play Luka alongside Cabaye and advance RLC. The midfield can work that way. We have no midfield playmaker and no coherent movement ( nothing like the last match against Burnley anyway but ho hum... ) but at least we have a great runner in RLC, a bit like Guedioura would have been in an ideal world.

We can still stay up. But we need Wilf, Benteke and RLC all to stay fit. It's only when they are are all present that our system will scrape by. We have shockingly little creative depth in this team, and it is inexplicable and tragic how we have brought no one in midfield able to pull the strings after two miserable, failed seasons of trying to transition from hoof-run-and-sling-it-in.

SeanPalace84
16-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Bakary sako great physique nothing else

Disrespectful!

You forgot about his hair.

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Disrespectful!

You forgot about his hair.

My apologies

His new hair is premier league

DARZET EAGLE
16-09-2017, 02:52 PM

No news on this, it seems very strange, he didn't even make the bench.

Langers
16-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Everyone assumes our season is over already but Roy will turn it around but I think we need to win the next three to have a realistic chance of the champions league next season

bern5161
16-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Sad to see ward so poor despite his obvious effort should have been substituted for Kelly or tomkins near the end

Kelly or Tompkins. It really is dire.

Langers
16-09-2017, 03:18 PM

Jairo is clutching at straws

bodger
16-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Well nothing changed missed two or three good chances looked poor defending against the wide players c/bs and g/k no talking the players looked shot, is RH the man to pick them up i doubt it. Sako has no place on a football pitch until he is fit and that is not going to happen any time soon did he even move?. Wilf and Sakho will make us so much better as will Punch and Ward being benched. Our non recruitment has cost us we all(SA included) new we needed at least five players in key areas we got two RLC and FM JR was not needed but welcome so no striker no g/k no cover for Wilf or AT and only got Sakho in late that is bad management.

red&blue_moomin
16-09-2017, 03:21 PM

He shite he's been shite for two seasons. As are WH, Kelly and Damo. Dann is going that way too.

Cleon
16-09-2017, 03:22 PM
My one and only contribution to us thread is to say that we were utter dog shit. Better against Burnley. Schlupp was utter utter crap. Puncheon needs to be dropped. And if Hodgson really planned, as he implied in the post-game press conference, that we should be pumping long balls up to Benteke up flick on, then we might as well pack up now.

It's ******* depressing.

red&blue_moomin
16-09-2017, 03:24 PM

?
He did pretty good read the flight of the ball well. Cleaned up or prevented a few Soton breakaways. Made some good passes.

Nigelbrag
16-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Who is watching MOTD tonight?

Unfortunately Peter, we Palace are gluttons for punishment or should i say mostly masochists. :)

Happy Arthur
16-09-2017, 03:26 PM
The only way to get out of this is to have players that will give everything. I just can't see this group doing that.

red&blue_moomin
16-09-2017, 03:37 PM
No news on this, it seems very strange, he didn't even make the bench.

Probably saving him for the Carabo cup. Pretty sure Hodgson going to use it to try other players to find out what the 'best' team is.

Expecting

JS
Kelly Tomkins Jairo/Sakho PVA/Soare
Luka Cabaye/Punch Mutch/Lee
Kai Kai CB PVA/Andros

ANDI29
16-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Muted rather than hostile. Decision to sub RLC was rightfully booed IMO

The guy hasn't played for weeks

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Crumb of comfort but southampton really are a better team than burnley swansea and huddersfield

Shipp Ahoy!
16-09-2017, 03:47 PM
City are shit. Going to be easy next week!

:sob:

Shipp Ahoy!
16-09-2017, 03:47 PM
City are shit. Going to be easy next week!

:sob:

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 03:55 PM
I will never accept why we are losing in a premier league match and we have no forward to bring on as a sub

exiledeagle
16-09-2017, 03:56 PM
I will never accept why we are losing in a premier league match and we have no forward to bring on as a sub

Still difficult to comprehend isn't it

rhiannapaul
16-09-2017, 03:56 PM
And watford looked good its going to be terrifying next week another record biggest defeat ever ?

grand aigle
16-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Strange how the foul count was almost equal 12-13 I think yet we had 5 yellow to their 1 (which was for dissent).. Think Madley has an agenda with us?

elgin eagle
16-09-2017, 03:59 PM

After today i agree. We looked like an 80's 4-4-2 side (when all teams played this way) that had a player injured and had to sacrifice one of the strikers. The trouble was we still had 11 players flattering to deceive instead of 10. The ridiculous decisions this summer will stop us getting 12 poxy wins despite spending 80 million net in the last 2 transfer windows on mainly defensive players whilst ignoring the keeper and goalscoring positions.

Yoda
16-09-2017, 04:01 PM

Yes, and fans who are already having a go at Hodgson's team selection need to remember this.

Us having no backup, fit striker who might change the match, or at least offer support to Benteke is not Hodgson's fault.

He must look at the bench with a rather heavy heart, knowing all he can do is tinker around a bit with limited options.

Kylie_Tracey
16-09-2017, 04:06 PM

they were able to bring on an Italian international :confused:

Panther
16-09-2017, 04:10 PM
Strange how the foul count was almost equal 12-13 I think yet we had 5 yellow to their 1 (which was for dissent).. Think Madley has an agenda with us?

Don't know about that but I think he might have passed with flying colours from the Clattenburg College of Egotism.

Nigelbrag
16-09-2017, 04:12 PM
We are so poor in our play it is unbelievable, with barely any fluency in our movements for a now well established premiership team is unforgivable. Even watching Brighton play last night was more exciting and that hurts to say, i honestly can't think of any team in the premiership who's outfield play is as poor as Palace.
What has gone wrong? this overall performance was really that bad, we must have 5/6 players who just are NOT capable of playing in the premiership, i really do feel for Roy Hodgson having to build a team with this rabble, where to next?
Oh i forgot, MAN CITY away.

Nigelbrag
We are so poor in our play it is unbelievable, with barely any fluency in our movements for a now well established premiership team is unforgivable. Even watching Brighton play last night was more exciting and that hurts to say, i honestly can't think of any team in the premiership who's outfield play is as poor as Palace.
What has gone wrong? this overall performance was really that bad, we must have 5/6 players who just are NOT capable of playing in the premiership, i really do feel for Roy Hodgson having to build a team with this rabble, where to next?
Oh i forgot, MAN CITY away.

bodger
Yes, and fans who are already having a go at Hodgson's team selection need to remember this.

Us having no backup, fit striker who might change the match, or at least offer support to Benteke is not Hodgson's fault.

He must look at the bench with a rather heavy heart, knowing all he can do is tinker around a bit with limited options.

That would be the same fans who booed FDBs first loss and called for his head after three losses. RH should be sacked now dont put of for tomorrow what you can do today.

PremierPalace
16-09-2017, 04:15 PM

He's my new Clattenburg. Hate the twat

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 04:38 PM
It was the incompetent pre season and incompetent transfer window that led us here not Roy hodgson after three days

Reg_Maudling
16-09-2017, 06:03 PM
?
He did pretty good read the flight of the ball well. Cleaned up or prevented a few Soton breakaways. Made some good passes.

TFM looks 'good' at centre back only next to dann because at least he has pace but frankly dann (who i like) is looking mid championship level, but TFM's judgement at 19 is not yet there at premier league level, lovely for us to give him plenty of time to learn at this level whilst we lose

will be best bet at the moment though at right back

Jordan555x
16-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Because he's our captain and drives the team. I think he'll have a good one today.

How did that prediction work out?