PDA

View Full Version : Why is Luka still on the bench!?

cpfcben
16-09-2017, 03:54 PM
He is our best midfielder by a mile. Last season we were crying out of for a holding midfielder. We have a great one, now play him.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Shipp Ahoy!
16-09-2017, 03:56 PM
He will next week.

vincentinbetwee
16-09-2017, 03:59 PM
He is our best midfielder by a mile. Last season we were crying out of for a holding midfielder. We have a great one, now play him.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Exactly!

917L
16-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Because FDB tried a ridiculous experiment with him at center back in pre season, then wondered why he looked poor when dumped back in midfield on opening day.

Would expect RH will re instate him next week

Martin H
16-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Because FDB tried a ridiculous experiment with him at center back in pre season, then wondered why he looked poor when dumped back in midfield on opening day.

Would expect RH will re instate him next week

You really can't be suggesting he forgot how to play in midfield after a couple of pre-season friendlies. :D He is an established professional, international footballer FFS. This isn't a 9 year old.

Either he took his 'bat home' (which I really don't think sounds like Luka to me) or he was simply in the poor form that we did see a few times last year (albeit never back to back). Today he looked right back on his game and hopefully that will be what he needs to get himself back in the frame and playing well.

Gollum
16-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Amongst the many lessons Roy will have learnt today was that Luca needs to be the defensive anchor in the team from now on. And the potential next captain as well.

CharlieCPFC
16-09-2017, 04:12 PM
He comes on and looks one of a very few who lacked fear and wanted to make things happen. He's always looking for the forward ball and the right one at that too. He looked a shadow of his former self today and I'm sure will return to his old self.