PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Huddersfield (H) - Carabao Cup

glaziers fan
16-09-2017, 06:25 PM
-----------------------------Hennessey---------------------------------
TFM------------Dann---------------------------Sakho-------------PVA
-----------------------------Milivojevic----------------------------------
Townsend------Cabaye------------------------RLC--------------Zaha
-----------------------------Benteke------------------------------------

Get our best players out there. We desperately need a confidence boost. Actually pleased Roy will have the chance to see his players in action before the next 3 games. Play the first team. Right the wrongs of FdB. Change to 4-1-4-1. COYP.

Shoreditch CPFC
16-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Strongest team, giving players returning from injury and youth a chance except Benteke who should probably still be on the bench.

Speroni
Fosu Mensah. Tomkins . Sakho. Souare
Luka Cabaye RLC
Townsend Ladapo Lumeka

bigend1
16-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Run out for Sakho, and cameo for anyone needing fitness

Otherwise close to a full team for anyone not going to be shattered at the weekend.

Benteke stays at home

We try to win. Not for the cup of course but benteke can time his 4th and 5th yellow card to be suspended next round and not in the Premiership! For that reason we need to win

Mr Palace
16-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Must play our best team to hopefully win and restore some confidence. There is no point in playing a reserve team. We will lose next weekend anyway so let's not waste a good home draw.

Seanee Pawnee
16-09-2017, 07:04 PM
We should play complete B team as huddz will do what they did last time we played em, kick us of the park!

jobiinthelastmi
16-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Swap keeper and go with the strongest team we have.

Seanee Pawnee
16-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Hennz

Ward
Delaney
Kelly
Schlupp

Lee
Mutch
Puncheon
Koliko

Lukema
Kai Kai

Slimbloke'H'
16-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Threads merged.

glaziers fan
16-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Threads merged.

Thanks Slim :)

bodger
16-09-2017, 07:40 PM
js
FM Tomkins Sakho Souare
Luka
Lokilo McArthur RLC Schlupp
Ladapo

Mad Raschic Ken
16-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Speroni

Fosu-Mensah
Tomkins
Sakho
Souare

Milivojevic
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Benteke
Kaikai

in-exile
16-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Let's kick these ***** off the pitch to make up for Wilf's injury from them!!
Fed Up with our soft as shit bunch of pussies...time they got some balls out on show!

glaziers fan
16-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Fed Up with our soft as shit bunch of pussies...time they got some balls out on show!

This^^^

Leap of faith
16-09-2017, 10:35 PM

^^^^This

BuffotheEagle
16-09-2017, 10:57 PM

Yes definitely this! I swear every time we put a challenge in today it was so pathetically weak the ball just rebounded straight back to the Southampton player who'd been tackled.

BUNGLE
17-09-2017, 03:11 AM
Speroni
Mensah Tomkins Sakho Pva
Luca Jairo
Lukema Lee Sako
Ladapo

mpfn
17-09-2017, 06:59 AM
If available, Sakho and Soaure need to play.
JP needs resting, play Luka in the middle, and Cabaye further forward.
Sako needs to lose around 2 stone before he's considered for the team, embaressing for a pro footballer.
TFM to right back, take Ward out of the firing line.

firesign
17-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Strongest team possible. Need a win to boost confidence. And it would be nice to win a cup :)

Thefunkymonk
17-09-2017, 07:21 AM
Literally don't give a shit

mb23
17-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Speroni
Fosu -Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare
Luka
RLC- Cabaye
Townsend - Benteke - Schlupp

Subs: Hennessey, Dann, Kelly, Sako, Puncheon, Lokilo, Ladapo

Die hard Hoj
17-09-2017, 07:41 AM
Speroni
Fosu -Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare
Luka
RLC- Cabaye
Townsend - Benteke - Schlupp

Subs: Hennessey, Dann, Kelly, Sako, Puncheon, Lokilo, Ladapo

This, but I'd play PVA instead of Schlupp.

eagleborn
17-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Can we just forfeit in advance. I don't want any risk to any players. Or play the under 18s

Lingfield Eagle
17-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Certainly wouldn't play Benteke, if he's our only striker he's got a long season ahead of him and needs resting wherever possible.

Mad Raschic Ken
17-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Can we just forfeit in advance. I don't want any risk to any players. Or play the under 18s

You have to be kidding. We need all the opportunities that we can get for the manager to work on on the team and to try things out. I think it's fortunate that we have this game to play right now.

Jim Cannon
17-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Playing our strongest team is crazy talk. We can't afford any injuries. I would put out players needing fitness - Bacary Sako should be played for 90 mins with a brief to kick lumps out of them

rambo1
17-09-2017, 08:00 AM
-----------------Speroni--------------
Fosu-Mensah--Tomkins--Sakho--Souare

-----------------Luca-----------------
--------Puncheon------McArthur-------

---Lokilo-------Ladapo--------KaiKai---

Subs-
Hennessey,Ward,VanAanholt,Dann,Cabaye,Zaha,Benteke .

Yoda
17-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Certainly wouldn't play Benteke, if he's our only striker he's got a long season ahead of him and needs resting wherever possible.

Yes, we should definitely give our second striker a run out......oh.

Windsor_Eagle
17-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Roy had already said he is going to assess some squad players.

Sooo

Speroni

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare

Jimmy - Luka - Punch

KaiKai - Benteke - Lokilo

Bench:
Hen
Ward
PvA
Jairo
Schlupp
Cabaye
Ladapo

glaziers fan
17-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Roy had already said he is going to assess some squad players.

Sooo

Speroni

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare

Jimmy - Luka - Punch

KaiKai - Benteke - Lokilo

Bench:
Hen
Ward
PvA
Jairo
Schlupp
Cabaye
Ladapo

Did he? In that case:

-------------------------Speroni----------------------------------
TFM-------Tomkins------------------Sakho------------Souare
--------------------------Luka------------------------------------
-----------McArthur-----------------Riedewald------------------
Sako--------------------Benteke--------------------Kai-Kai

Subs:

Hennessey
Dann
PVA
Ward
Cabaye
Townsend
Lokilo/Lumeka

Stavros 69
17-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Speroni
Mensah Tomkins Sakho Pva
Luca Jairo
Lukema Lee Sako
Ladapo

Something like this

grand aigle
17-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Play kids, lose the match, avoid any injuries to so called first team players, get out of the pointless cup which we're never going to win. Much more important things to worry about than a stupid cup!

palacejim
17-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Weakest team possible.

ForzaPalace
17-09-2017, 12:02 PM
Literally don't give a shit

This

palace_burger
17-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Club announce that Roy will start both Sakho - Souare

Cpfcbob
17-09-2017, 12:11 PM
There's two players left in our squad that have grit and know how to battle fight

--------------------Speroni-------------------
--Delaney---Delaney---Delaney---Delaney---
---------------Delaney---Delaney---------------

Oli28
17-09-2017, 12:13 PM
There's two players left in our squad that have grit and know how to battle fight

Delaney is one of the worst offenders when it comes to downing tools when he doesnt fancy it.

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 12:16 PM

I'm sure Parish indicated that he'll never get.injured.

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 12:17 PM

But not good enough

Nigelbrag
17-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Must play our best team to hopefully win and restore some confidence. There is no point in playing a reserve team. We will lose next weekend anyway so let's not waste a good home draw.

I would normally agree with your reasons given.
But for Roy it's dammed if he does and dammed if he don't should injury strike especially to Benteke, also Sakho and RLC all 3 vital to ensuring our chances of survival, for me they would come of the bench if needed. But as you say restoring confidence is crucial, so i would go for a balance of experience along with maybe introducing Three of the promising youngsters to bring energy, also a chance to make Roy seeing what is at his disposal in a competitive game.
I would go with this, and then introduce Sakho and RLC with 30 minutes to go to up their fitness level.

---------------------------------Speroni------------------------------------------

---------Fosu-Mensah--------Tomkins---------Kelly----------PVA

-----------------McArthur-------------Luka------------Cabaye--------------

--------------Townsend--------Ladappo-----------KaiKai----------------

Martin H
17-09-2017, 12:30 PM
I would normally agree with your reasons given.
But for Roy it's dammed if he does and dammed if he don't should injury strike especially to Benteke, also Sakho and RLC all 3 vital to ensuring our chances of survival, for me they would come of the bench if needed. But as you say restoring confidence is crucial, so i would go for a balance of experience along with maybe introducing Three of the promising youngsters to bring energy, also a chance to make Roy seeing what is at his disposal in a competitive game.
I would go with this, and then introduce Sakho and RLC with 30 minutes to go to up their fitness level.

---------------------------------Speroni------------------------------------------

---------Fosu-Mensah--------Tomkins---------Kelly----------PVA

-----------------McArthur-------------Luka------------Cabaye--------------

--------------Townsend--------Ladappo-----------KaiKai----------------

I would think Souare will get mins won't he? I would also rest Cabaye for the weekend.

exiledeagle
17-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Sure RH indicated it will not be our strongest team by a long way

hedge end eagle
I would say Speroni, Wan-Bissaka , tomkins, sakho, Souare, Kai Kai, jairo, mcarthur, schlupp, Lokilo, Ladapo - would play Lokilo in behind Ladapo, jairo in the middle with Jimmy, schlupp and Kai Kai on the wings, sakho and Souare to have 45 mins

Would like a cup run but don't think we can afford injuries atm

hedge end eagle
I would say Speroni, Wan-Bissaka , tomkins, sakho, Souare, Kai Kai, jairo, mcarthur, schlupp, Lokilo, Ladapo - would play Lokilo in behind Ladapo, jairo in the middle with Jimmy, schlupp and Kai Kai on the wings, sakho and Souare to have 45 mins

Would like a cup run but don't think we can afford injuries atm

Gollum
17-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Delaney is one of the worst offenders when it comes to downing tools when he doesnt fancy it.

What game was that ?

delboy01
17-09-2017, 12:49 PM
We have to give another forward or two a run out so ladapo/kaikai and the fringe players who have looked like they could do a job.

Really don't care about this cup now.

Stavros 69
17-09-2017, 01:16 PM
The amazing thing is everyone has the same formation.

bodger
17-09-2017, 01:41 PM
We have to give another forward or two a run out so ladapo/kaikai and the fringe players who have looked like they could do a job.

Really don't care about this cup now.

I care but you have to give the 23s a chance Ladapo Lumeka Lokilo Kirby KaiKai all can be involved at some point JS Tomkins Souare Sakho PVA need games mix and match. I am going and want to see the young lads in a real game we have to have better options then Sako Lee and Kelly on the bench.

Norwich_Eagle
17-09-2017, 02:10 PM
------------------Speroni------------------

-------Milivojević--------Reidewald-------

Zaha---------McArthur---------Townsend

-------------------Ladapo------------------

Subs: Henry, Wan-Bissaka, Kirby, Kaikai, Delaney, Cabaye & Benteke

Oli28
17-09-2017, 02:57 PM
What game was that ?
Off the top of my head.... Chelsea at home under Warnock.

Plenty of others last season under Pardew.

eagleborn
17-09-2017, 02:58 PM
You have to be kidding. We need all the opportunities that we can get for the manager to work on on the team and to try things out. I think it's fortunate that we have this game to play right now.

It's one of those cases that hindsight will determine.

We may win and set off a scoring / point gaining spree.

Or, we could pick up injuries and red cards and make things worse.

Could go either way.

Martin H
17-09-2017, 03:01 PM

Zaha---------McArthur---------Townsend

Would like to see that but surely Wilf isn't ready? I would keep Macca fresh for Saturday and play Punch there. I suspect we already don't care about this competition and so we could instead try KaiKai there.

davech
17-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Get our best players out there. We desperately need a confidence boost. Actually pleased Roy will have the chance to see his players in action before the next 3 games. Play the first team. Right the wrongs of FdB. Change to 4-1-4-1. COYP.

I like that, except that I suspect Wilf is still unfit, so would put Lumeka in his place.

We have to risk possible injuries to get a bit of cohesion and hopefully confidnece in the best starting XI.

Let's crock one of theirs to even the score. Perhaps Mutch could come on in the last few minutes and finally 'do a job'. But he would need to run fast enough to catch someone.

Owngoal
17-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Agree we should play our strongest possible team with a new captain. If Ben gets a goal it will boost his confidence. Winning is a habit. A clean sheet would also be nice. If Huddersfield put out a decent team and we don't take it seriously the confidence of the club will be shot

Glɑzier
17-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Let's get Damo to kick Mooy into next year.

Agree with most of Norwich's lineup except that no way we should be playing Zaha in this one, although it is tempting to give him a run out.

Bissaka--Tomkins--Sakho--Souare

Lokilo/Sako---------McArthur---------Kaikai

cpfcfan1
17-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Wilf is ages away, stop putting him in your lineups

adrenalin john
17-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Youngsters and reserves needing a run out. Don't care about the result just hope we can injure as many of their key players as possible

montrealeagle
17-09-2017, 04:35 PM
I am assuming, from this side of the Atlantic, that there are no "up and coming" goalkeepers in our "Academy" that warrant a "call up" .

ForestGateEagle
17-09-2017, 04:51 PM
I am assuming, from this side of the Atlantic, that there are no "up and coming" goalkeepers in our "Academy" that warrant a "call up" .

No - just unceremonially sacked one after the transfer deadline, to screw up his career in order to free-up a place for a non-existent free agent.

Nigelbrag
17-09-2017, 05:17 PM
I would think Souare will get mins won't he? I would also rest Cabaye for the weekend.

My thinking with playing Cabaye is to give the team a "passer" this is important as Huddersfield are a decent team and will look to progress, as should we, or RH could consider a more solid option of Riedewald and use Cabaye off the bench. As for Souare, as much as i would like to see him given a run out don't you think after over 1 yr out and just one game in a non competitive game may be a little risky? again possibly coming off the bench.

Glɑzier
17-09-2017, 05:24 PM
My thinking with playing Cabaye is to give the team a "passer" this is important as Huddersfield are a decent team and will look to progress, as should we, or RH could consider a more solid option of Riedewald and use Cabaye off the bench. As for Souare, as much as i would like to see him given a run out don't you think after over 1 yr out and just one game in a non competitive game may be a little risky? again possibly coming off the bench.

Roy Hodgson has confirmed that he intends to name new signing Mamadou Sakho and long term absentee Pape Souare in his starting line-up on Tuesday night (https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/hodgson-plans-to-start-sakho--souare-on-tuesday-night/)

Agree we don't start Cabaye though - he played 90 yesterday.

lewisuk
17-09-2017, 05:44 PM
This is how i would set up on Tuesday 4 -2-3-1

Gk - Speroni
LB - Souare 45 to 60 mins (if he has it in him ) if not pva
RB - fosu mensah
CB - Tomkins
CB - Sakho - 45 to 60 mins (if he has it in him ) if not Dann
DM - Luka
DM - Riedewald
AM - RLC or Cabaye (depending on RLC fitness)
LW - Schlup
RW - Townsend
ST - Benteke

SE5eagle
17-09-2017, 05:45 PM

^
100%

Don't play Wilf or Benteke, get 11 men out there to absolutely f'k them up from the first whistle til the last.

SE5eagle
17-09-2017, 05:51 PM
In fact, after the final whistle, climb in the shower with them and bum them senseless.

Winter's coming.

Lombardo's hair
17-09-2017, 06:04 PM
^
100%

Don't play Wilf or Benteke, get 11 men out there to absolutely f'k them up from the first whistle til the last.

Play Delaney Kelly cyl Puncheon Ward instructed to kick their players up in the air. Hopefully Puncheon will get a straight red for doing so and it won't matter if the rest do either. They should do for Wilf. And when the Huddersfield players mosn about the treatment hope the ref books them. In fact I hope Roy head butts Wagner

Lombardo's hair
17-09-2017, 06:07 PM
This is how i would set up on Tuesday 4 -2-3-1

Gk - Speroni
LB - Souare 45 to 60 mins (if he has it in him ) if not pva
RB - fosu mensah
CB - Tomkins
CB - Sakho - 45 to 60 mins (if he has it in him ) if not Dann
DM - Luka
DM - Riedewald
AM - RLC or Cabaye (depending on RLC fitness)
LW - Schlup
RW - Townsend
ST - Benteke

I wouldn't risk any i.portant players apart from those trying to get .atch fit. Can't risk benteke. I hope Roy looks at some if the youth players Especially basdaka and jomilo

TouchyAndalou
17-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Benteke definitely shouldn't play and neither should Cabaye. Roy should use the game to ease a couple of injured first-teamers back into action and also have a look at the fringe players to see which if any of these players could contribute between now and January.

Sakho and Souare should both play if ready, along with two of Delaney, Kelly and Tomkins with the remaining one on the bench.

I'd play Jairo in midfield with I guess Mutch.

Kai Kai, Lee and Sako ahead of them, and Ladapo up top.

That just leaves Speroni in goal.

Green Bin
17-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Benteke definitely shouldn't play and neither should Cabaye. Roy should use the game to ease a couple of injured first-teamers back into action and also have a look at the fringe players to see which if any of these players could contribute between now and January.

Sakho and Souare should both play if ready, along with two of Delaney, Kelly and Tomkins with the remaining one on the bench.

I'd play Jairo in midfield with I guess Mutch.

Kai Kai, Lee and Sako ahead of them, and Ladapo up top.

That just leaves Speroni in goal.

If Sako plays, he'll use up his quota of appearing for two games on the trot before aquiring another mysterious injury....actually that could be a good thing!

Trying to decide whether to go...quite like the idea of seeing Mutch as the front striker, he has got a shot on him, might be worth seeing if he's got any motivation.

Despite that awful back pass I still like Lee, he can be a busy player and he does get a challenge in (I was going to say...and doesn't give the ball away that often)

Be nice to see us play Wan-Bissako, Loliko. Lumeka. Kai-Kai, Phillips. I see the club has announced that Sakho and Souare are going to be starting, clearly ticket sales have been pretty sh#t, so if they also play Lukas, Reidewald and Speroni, could be worth watching

Shoreditch CPFC
17-09-2017, 06:42 PM
[]
Agree we don't start Cabaye though - he played 90 yesterday.

shouldn't he be able to play another 90 mins?

Dogburger
17-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Well I don't suppose the Huddersfield team will look anything like the one we faced last month so no point in kicking their kids up in the air .
Roy has said Sakho and Pape will get a run out which is good news and I guess the reserves will get a game

Speroni

Kelly
Tomkins
Sakho
Soare

Sako
Riedwald
lee
Kai

Lapado
Lumeka

teesdale99
17-09-2017, 07:01 PM
This is one game I'd definitely start puncheon in, with a view to him not starting any other games for the foreseeable future. An hour for souare followed by pva, same for sakho and Tomkins partnering Kelly. Ward at rb with a view to tfm starting st the weekend. Lapado up front with sako and Kai Kai either side. MacArthur and reidewald in midfield with punch.

Lokilo, lolito (? Can't remember his name - came on v Burnley - Mutch and lee on the bench.

Rest the main protagonists and undroppables.

GreatGonzo
17-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Some players need to get some time on the pitch for fitness, apart from that i would have it as the second string:

Speroni
Ward - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare
Reidewald - McArthur
Lee ------ KaiKai ------ Sako
Ladapo/Lumeka

SA Eagle
17-09-2017, 07:36 PM
What game was that ?

Fulham home under Holloway; Swansea and Sunderland at home under Allardyce.

brighton_eagle
17-09-2017, 07:36 PM
We have players needing fitness and game time, so they should play:

Sakho
Souare
Tomkins

Other than that, play reserves. We don't need any injuries to players like Benteke, RLC or Andros.

Latvian
17-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Jules
Kelly/Tomkins Sakho Tomkins/Kelly Souaré
Chungy Luka Rildeweild Mutch
Lumeka Ladapo

Bench: Third choice GK/Youth GK
Kai Kai
Delaney
Sako
RLC
PVA
Lokilo

Fully agree that we need to get into them & **** them up - particularly whichever **** finished-off Wilf.

Latvian
17-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Jules
Kelly/Tomkins Sakho Tomkins/Kelly Souaré
Chungy Luka Rildeweild Mutch
Lumeka Ladapo

Bench: Third choice GK/Youth GK
Kai Kai
Delaney
Sako
RLC
PVA
Lokilo

Fully agree that we need to get into them & **** them up - particularly whichever **** finished-off Wilf.

Gyro1780
17-09-2017, 07:58 PM

Excellent selection & would be my team too. :p but expecting Souare to start at LB

Gyro1780
17-09-2017, 08:01 PM

Not necessarily. Nobody expected us to beat Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool last season.

Latvian
17-09-2017, 08:08 PM
Our B team tend to beat our first team anyway - bring on the u23s/development players!

norwoodeagle
17-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Strongest team poss to give Mama and Pap a run out and to get a win and go on and WIN the league cup.

Norwich_Eagle
18-09-2017, 07:23 AM
On the basis that Zaha is still injured rather than requiring minutes for match fitness I've made a slight amendment:

Townsend---------McArthur---------Sako

Tomkins, Sakho and Souare need the minutes.
Reidewald needs game time in England.
Sako needs to make an appearance or two so he can go back to being injured.
Ladapo needs to play so we can rest Benteke.

eagle101
19-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Would like to see something along the lines of:

Speroni
Wan-Bissaka - Tomkins - Sakho - Souaré
Milivojevic - Riedewald
Kaikai - Loftus-Cheek - Sako
Ladapo

Sharkba1t
19-09-2017, 04:43 PM
I might not risk Sakho after Huddersfileds treatment of Zaha

Wouldn't put it past them to stick another nail in our coffin.

TWELLSEagle
19-09-2017, 05:08 PM
I don't see the point in resting a striker desperate for a goal. Play benteke, we have to risk it.

TWELLSEagle
19-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Speroni
Fosu-Mensah - Tomkins - Sakho - Souaré
Milivojevic - Riedewald
Townsend - Cabaye - RLC
Benteke

4 cryingOutloud
19-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Strongest team poss to give Mama and Pap a run out and to get a win and go on and WIN the league cup.

We are the strongest team possible at the moment. We're hold up all the rest of the premiership!:supergrin::love: Also, we should play Speroni and make Hennessey watch him come out and collect all their crosses :rolleyes::eek:

Nostrils
19-09-2017, 05:35 PM
I hope he plays Milivojevic and Riedewald together. We need to start bossing the midfield, and although they're defensive midfielders, both like to move the ball forward. This could be key to our survival/winning the Premier League.

bigend1
19-09-2017, 05:37 PM

Sako-------------McArthur------------Kai Kai

Once Luka has impressed enough to start at the weekend drop Jimmy deeper and sub Luka for lee.

Fosu subbed for ward at half time to decide who gets the nod at the weekend

Other subs as required for fitness.

Benteke left safely at home

johnnytemper
19-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Hennessey
Kelly Tomkins Sakho Souare
Luka Riedewald
Sako Lee Lumeka
RLC

Think this is the time to test out our Benteke-free plan B (in case of injury or suspension) against presumably a decent opposition. Not saying RLC is the solution (think he'd do alright TBH, featured there for Chelsea at times IIRC) but certainly whether it's him, Lapado, Sako or whoever, they should get minutes in the role tonight. Would like to see Lumeka get another run out after a steady debut at Burnley, Reidewald needs an opportunity in midfield, and rest of the team is made up of those that need the match practice the most.

Al From Bromley
19-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Don't think anyone got the actual line up right, but then, who would have? :)

jonn63
19-09-2017, 06:25 PM
I don't see the point in resting a striker desperate for a goal. Play benteke, we have to risk it.

Defo he may score and start a roll.

thehalifaxman
19-09-2017, 06:27 PM
try Jordan Mutch up front

Mike 'n Tom
19-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Looking at the negative comments it seems sad we are down in the League Cup. It's a chance to prove the mettle of our players; a chance to get something positive in a dreek season and it also shows we still respect our Football tradition. We are currently crap but we're not chickens.

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Everyone at the club needs a boost, plus the opportunity to turn up against Huddersfield after the opening day debacle should be taken by the players.

norwoodeagle
19-09-2017, 08:41 PM

Phase one job done.
On to City on Saturday followed by the next round of the League Cup.

Listening to the radio commentary the second half performane was error strewn and shows the lack of depth and quality in the squad.

Still a win and clean sheet is what counts from tonight.

palace4me
19-09-2017, 08:42 PM
OMG a win