PDA

View Full Version : Stop blaming the many managers and chairman it's the players players players

FetchamEagle
16-09-2017, 07:57 PM
The one positive out of this disaster of a season (isn't it embarrassing!) is that we as fans are finally beginning to understand the root cause of the issue, the players ! If Conte, Pep or Ferguson was managing this bunch of misfits they would be getting exactly the same results, we have too many sub standard players in our first eleven.
Hennessy- worse keeper in the league by a long way - embarrassing
Ward - best days behind him, does nothing positive in a game, a mistake waiting to happen
Dann - what a fall from grace, almost unbelievable should be nowhere near the match day squad when Sakho is fit
Puncheon - wow what has happened to him !? Awful not worthy and hasn't been for two seasons
Mcarthur - just not good enough, predictable, slow and doesn't change games

With Lee & Kelly is it any wonder we are 5 games in pointless and goalless.

Roy remove these frauds from 1st team action, if you want something that us fans would respond too and ultimately thank you for it would be to shake this team up, they have stopped delivering and they need to go....... as a season ticket holder slapping to Selhurst from deep in Surrey game in game out to watch these no hopers underperform I've gone from supportive, to frustrated, to annoyed and now I'm just bored !! Shake it up Roy if we are going down let's do so having tried something with players that at least have some pride for us fans !!!

ANDYEAGLE
16-09-2017, 08:01 PM
So who is responsible for signing the players you describe as not good enough?

glenn.f
16-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Bollocks to all these confidentiality clauses that we seem to hit our managers with, i am itching to know what De Boer actually thinks of our individual players. I think it would be beneficial to actually gauge what a player of his standing regards as our current weaknesses, despite his own possible limitations of man management. Perhaps if it is out there and tally's with a fair few of our own opinions it could force the heirarchy to stop defending the players rather possibly replacing them.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Irrespective of De Boer, Parish, Alexander or anyone else, the players need to look at themselves. Those who whinged about FdB have a special responsibility.

in-exile
16-09-2017, 08:20 PM
It's obviously true that most our players are taking the piss.

BW_Palace
16-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Weird how the likes of Dann, McArthur, Puncheon got worse. Almost as if they got older and slower. Surely not beyond the ability of the board to get the concept of aging and plan accordingly? A lack of effort isn't the issue here.

IanH
16-09-2017, 08:27 PM
The players aren't good enough - they try hard but most just don't cut it at Premier League level. If you look at the players' career histories most have struggled in other teams at the bottom of the Premier League or been relegated from it - Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Tomkins, Townsend, Benteke, Puncheon. Van Aanholt, McArthur and Wickham. And players like Lee and Sako aren't even at that level. This squad have lost games regularly under Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce, De Boer and Hodgson. It's not the managers fault.

spt1978
16-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Irrespective of De Boer, Parish, Alexander or anyone else, the players need to look at themselves. Those who whinged about FdB have a special responsibility.

Agreed. The board also need to take responsibility though, they created a culture where the players can bypass the manager and bitch to the board.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Agreed. The board also need to take responsibility though, they created a culture where the players can bypass the manager and bitch to the board.

Oh indeed. Mr Parish and Mr Alexander should have told the players to let their performances do the talking.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Another depressing day at Selhurst was lit up with the hilarious sight of Bakary Sako trying to jump for a cross and failing to get his oversized girth more than about 2 inches off the ground. The bloke is an utter disgrace and steals a living from this club

spt1978
16-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Another depressing day at Selhurst was lit up with the hilarious sight of Bakary Sako trying to jump for a cross and failing to get his oversized girth more than about 2 inches off the ground. The bloke is an utter disgrace and steals a living from this club

Surely his contract must be up soon? Think I read that it would be at the end of the season.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Surely his contract must be up soon? Think I read that it would be at the end of the season.

Thing is he will be pocketing his 65k a week until then for doing absolutely Fock all as usual.

spt1978
16-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Thing is he will be pocketing his 65k a week until then for doing absolutely Fock all as usual.

Totally agree, cannot wait to see him on the released list.

in-exile
16-09-2017, 08:43 PM
He's got a lovely car though....one of the best in the training ground carpark.

MENTALLY TOUGH
16-09-2017, 08:45 PM

Apart from the individual responsibility how have the fitness staff let him get into that shape. Utter disgrace from not just Sako, but the Palace staff.

Big Gav
16-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Players to blame a huge part yes but we as fans knew what players needed replacing for a while and nothing NOTHING has been done. Hennessey has needed replacing for ages, Ward although I love him is not up to standard now. Puncheon is a shadow of the player he was as is Dann. McCarthur another on a downward spiral. No leadership on the pitch, no pace or drive without Wilf. No back up striker, no back up winger anywhere near up to premier league standard.

Heath eagle
16-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Apart from the individual responsibility how have the fitness staff let him get into that shape. Utter disgrace from not just Sako, but the Palace staff.

Very good point , his size today astounded me , pulis wouldn't of had this shit , week piss poor management

palacemetros
16-09-2017, 08:53 PM

Seriously I would have him cleaning the toilets out in the Arfur! He's on contract at the club - get him to do SOMETHING!

PemboExpress
16-09-2017, 09:07 PM

Yes, players were in a much fitter state when Ben Garner was there.

eagleincroydon
19-09-2017, 06:48 PM
i get the feeling prem league managers don t like south london much they rather go to a northern club

palace_burger
19-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Can't believe we have done nothing about the moaning palace fans who are clearly aging each year, adding nothing positive, moaning without knowing all the facts or have any experience in running a club, surely these should have been replaced in the last transfer window... They are stealing a living by spending all day on the bbs when they should be doing stuff at work.... Total miss management lol

Eaglesmad123
20-09-2017, 06:49 PM
The club is run like the conservative party. An old pals network

New LP
20-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Can't believe we have done nothing about the moaning palace fans who are clearly aging each year, adding nothing positive, moaning without knowing all the facts or have any experience in running a club, surely these should have been replaced in the last transfer window... They are stealing a living by spending all day on the bbs when they should be doing stuff at work.... Total miss management lol

The irony is that the bbs is actually populated with people like you who insist that people be positive at all times and resent and wish to shut down any opinion which isn't saying how wonderful everything is at all times. Get over yourself, of course people are somewhat fed up at the moment. Unless they are utterly deluded and incapable of a grown up conversation obviously.

steve hail
21-09-2017, 01:49 AM
If we can't have a moan when we've just broken the all-time record for the worst start to a season in the top division, when can we have a moan? :)

eagleincroydon
21-09-2017, 07:16 PM
i think palace been in worse situations

Leap of faith
21-09-2017, 07:21 PM

Damn right!!!

DARZET EAGLE
21-09-2017, 10:12 PM
The club is run like the conservative party. An old pals network

Leave it out, Corbyn's Party would Nationalise us.

New LP
21-09-2017, 10:17 PM

So people can only have a moan if Palace are in the worst situation they've ever been in in the club's existence since 1905? I'm trying really hard to get your logic here. If there is any.

jimmy the gent
22-09-2017, 02:57 PM
The mess that is our squad is the result of changing managers every five minutes, every time with a different agenda. Holloway to Pulis, Pulis to Pardew, Pardew to Sam, Sam to FdB, FdB to Roy - the club is utterly bi polar about the type of football and players it has sought. Having an overly involved chairman in player acquisition, and a general jobs for the boys backroom team, won't have helped either.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 03:32 PM
So who is responsible for signing the players you describe as not good enough?

Of the current squad? Freedman, holloway, Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce, FdB...and SP.

We have struggled for the last few seasons with several different managers and the same players.......the players DO have to shoulder at least 50% of the blame.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 03:33 PM
If we can't have a moan when we've just broken the all-time record for the worst start to a season in the top division, when can we have a moan? :)

When we break the record for the largest defeat in premiership history?

Palace Bear
22-09-2017, 03:50 PM
The players aren't good enough - they try hard but most just don't cut it at Premier League level. If you look at the players' career histories most have struggled in other teams at the bottom of the Premier League or been relegated from it - Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Tomkins, Townsend, Benteke, Puncheon. Van Aanholt, McArthur and Wickham. And players like Lee and Sako aren't even at that level. This squad have lost games regularly under Warnock, Pardew, Allardyce, De Boer and Hodgson. It's not the managers fault.

Not strictly true, they've only lost game not games under Hodgson. If they've regularly lost under Hodgson then they've regularly won under him too.
:D

beef
22-09-2017, 03:51 PM
So people can only have a moan if Palace are in the worst situation they've ever been in in the club's existence since 1905? I'm trying really hard to get your logic here. If there is any.

No, but a bit of perspective might stop some fans moaning all of the time.