PDA

View Full Version : Open Message to CPFC Board

Johnny Byrne
16-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Today is a new low and unwanted top flight record. No fight, no togetherness, no spirit, no idea and no shape.

You have overpaid for players not fit to wear the shirt. Our fans, again, still sang throughout despite the poor performance. Our ground and academy still need massive upgrading and investment yet we have spent oodles of cash on....on what?

Only just over half of our squad is worth keeping.

The rest need selling (but no likely buyers in Jan - overpaid and poor resale value).

Sell

Mutch
CYL
Puncheon (sad)
Sako
Williams (sad)
Delaney (sad)
Ward (sad)
Kelly (sad)

Bring in 2 strikers and 1 GK (better than Hennessey) and give a some of our U23 a chance (Flanagan, Dreher, Lokilo, Lumeka, Wan Bissaka).

Please share this with Mr Hodgson and his team.

As a long term ST holder, I have been watching our team for longer I suspect, as you have.

If it's obvious to me ( and most of our fans ) why not you?

Thank you for reading this!

Joe85
16-09-2017, 08:14 PM
If we are adrift come January, i truly hope the board stop throwing money at the problem and start off loading.

CPFC.1990
16-09-2017, 08:14 PM
You're sad to see Delaney go? His behaviour has ruined any legacy he had with us.

CPFC.1990
16-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Gonna be a mass exodus like in 1995.

Going to be a few tears for the little Palace fans who haven't yet experienced one of these relegations.....:( That's who i feel sorry for.

CPFC since 1989
16-09-2017, 08:18 PM
You're sad to see Delaney go? His behaviour has ruined any legacy he had with us.

Most top flight players are spoilt.

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2017, 08:19 PM
The players who whinged about De Boer have a big responsibility to deliver.

CPFC.1990
16-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Most top flight players are spoilt.

Would never say Delaney is a 'top-flight' player, although he possibly thinks he was/is.

Heath eagle
16-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Today is a new low and unwanted top flight record. No fight, no togetherness, no spirit, no idea and no shape.

You have overpaid for players not fit to wear the shirt. Our fans, again, still sang throughout despite the poor performance. Our ground and academy still need massive upgrading and investment yet we have spent oodles of cash on....on what?

The rest need selling (but no likely buyers in Jan - overpaid and poor resale value).

Sell

Mutch
CYL
Puncheon (sad)
Sako
Williams (sad)
Delaney (sad)
Ward (sad)
Kelly (sad)

Bring in 2 strikers and 1 GK (better than Hennessey) and give a some of our U23 a chance (Flanagan, Dreher, Lokilo, Lumeka, Wan Bissaka).

As a long term ST holder, I have been watching our team for longer I suspect, as you have.

Agree 100% top post, plse pass to Roy

cdm61
16-09-2017, 08:23 PM
You can't sell players if there is no one to buy them

L'head Eagle
16-09-2017, 08:28 PM

Sell

Mutch
CYL
Puncheon (sad)
Sako
Williams (sad)
Delaney (sad)
Ward (sad)
Kelly (sad)

Won't be listened to, Parish considers these players as the heartbeat of the club and will continue to give new contracts and trust their opinion over a manager.

Heath eagle
16-09-2017, 08:32 PM
You can't sell players if there is no one to buy them

Just take emm to the dump on Brighton rd in south Croydon then

wrightchipvcfc
16-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Selling mutch and sako is like selling a car at a auction and they have to push the car in good luck with that one

scro
16-09-2017, 08:42 PM
we could be all but dead and buried by January at which point I suspect the owners will be battening down the hatches and doing there best to limit the damage. I don't think that will involve trying to get strikers in.

Wolfnipplechips
16-09-2017, 08:44 PM

Meh.

You have to sort through all the recycling there.

Pop em on eBay and hope Elgin sees them.

cdm61
16-09-2017, 08:46 PM

Still have to pay their "wages"...:veryangry

Thefunkymonk
16-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Open message to board .....

Don't go on twitter spouting about how great our squad is compared to Burnley.. especially considering we are the worst side in the league by a long shot and setting shit records left right and centre

Oh and also..... can the overpaid piles of shit I watched today put their hands in their pockets and refund match tickets please... spend 800 for season tickets for me and my kid.. got to be the worst value for money ever

Salad_Burnet
16-09-2017, 08:49 PM
I don't understand this BBS meltdown tonight. I thought we were alright today. Most people at the game were positive.

H.Bomb
16-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Our identity is dead. Tourists and glory hunters all over.

Thefunkymonk
16-09-2017, 08:51 PM
I don't understand this BBS meltdown tonight. I thought we were alright today. Most people at the game were positive.

You taking the piss?

Benzhiyi
16-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Lots of our players were available over the summer - at least one who started today was told by de Boer to find a new club - but a lack of long-term planning, and various issues with our ongoing transfer strategy, means we're lumbered with past-their-prime journeymen in their late-'20s and early-'30s who we desperately need to shift but can't because clubs at the bottom end of the Premier League or tier(s) below can't or won't match their astronomical wages.

Long sentence there. Sorry.

Benzhiyi
16-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Lots of our players were available over the summer - at least one who started today was told by de Boer to find a new club - but a lack of long-term planning, and various issues with our ongoing transfer strategy, means we're lumbered with past-their-prime journeymen in their late-'20s and early-'30s who we desperately need to shift but can't because clubs at the bottom end of the Premier League or tier(s) below can't or won't match their astronomical wages.

Shipp Ahoy!
16-09-2017, 08:53 PM

It's the BBS, the place has gone massively downhill since we came up... As has a lot of our fan base.

If we do get relegated I will enjoy going back to what is actually supporting a team. Success has gone to a lot of heads.

PeterH

We HAD to win today with the games coming up - simple as that.

917L

Nobody anywhere near me was positive

Understandably

keltic eagle
Meh.

:supergrin:

Hector
16-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Today we got a record we don't want and I'm pretty certain it'll get worse but I still believe we have a chance of staying up. It'll be hard and not very pretty but guts and hard work we can do it.

Heath eagle
16-09-2017, 08:55 PM

Would that one player be ward

Nth Kent Eagle
16-09-2017, 08:56 PM
I didn't hear much positivity near me today in the Arthur. Plenty of fans who are just resigned to relegation.

FetchamEagle
16-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Are you serious!? Take those rose tinted specs off son !!

PeterH
16-09-2017, 08:59 PM
It's the BBS, the place has gone massively downhill since we came up... As has a lot of our fan base.

If we do get relegated I will enjoy going back to what is actually supporting a team. Success has gone to a lot of heads.

I agree with the sentiment.

But we have just broken a top flight record for being crap. We have lost 3 home games without scoring a goal - against Huddersfield, Swansea, and Southampton. That's not to bad if we are playing them in the Championship, but to cut it in the Premier you have to take some points there.

Even then it wouldn't be too bad, but on the back of having the worst record in 4 leagues in all of 2016, and an appalling home record for just about 5 seasons - you have to understand the frustration. Many fans mostly go to just home games - so haven't experienced the joys of the cracking away record.

elgin eagle
16-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Meh.

:)

Can few a few remaining unsold sadly. Think we might have to go backwards before we can go forwards sadly. Need Wilf back so badly. We probably only have a couple of bad apples but they can be so damaging.

SteveHKent
16-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Can you say any more about which players you think are not fit to wear the shirt?
I'm not sure if you are referring to recent signings or to players who are now past their prime - or both ? Thanks !

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Great decision to give Delaney another year! Sums up Palace in a nutshell

Olympian2
16-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Don't go on twitter spouting about how great our squad is compared to Burnley.. especially considering we are the worst side in the league by a long shot and setting shit records left right and centre

This.

Time for the players to get one almighty bollocking, too.

SW11 Andy
16-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Agree 100% top post, plse pass to Roy

Bugger all to do with him. Parish and his ego train call the shots.

SeanPalace84
16-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Don't think Hodgson realised what he was getting himself into.

SeanPalace84
16-09-2017, 09:40 PM
We HAD to win today with the games coming up - simple as that.

Yep, it really was a must win.

PemboExpress
16-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Don't go on twitter spouting about how great our squad is compared to Burnley.. especially considering we are the worst side in the league by a long shot and setting shit records left right and centre.

Yes, because it means jack shit if they are not united, passionate and motivated with a good manager to harness that. Burnley have a great manager.

I think Parish also tweeted positively about the current squad vs that in our first season. Yes, the squad may look better on paper now than then, but that squad was all the things highlighted above (and better than the sum of their parts) and all of us would take their end result of 11th right now.

Joe85
16-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Don't think Hidgson realised what he was getting himself into.

Pulis
BFS
FDB

Now Hodgson.

**** them all. They knew exactly what they were getting into - Multimillion pound contracts.

**** them all.

Apart from Roy.

Until he inevitably gets blasted out the door too.

ianace
16-09-2017, 09:47 PM

FDB told Kelly & Ward they weren't good enough.
What did he say that was wrong?!

greybot
16-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Pulis
BFS
FDB

Now Hodgson.

**** them all. They knew exactly what they were getting into - Multimillion pound contracts.

**** them all.

Apart from Roy.

Until he inevitably gets blasted out the door too.

Who wouldnt want to be a Palace manager? It's a short term contract for millions.

Blind_Eagle
16-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Our identity is dead.

We have just set another Premier League record and are on track to also beat Derby's long standing points record. We are enjoying an unprecedented period of success, I can't remember the last time we broke so many records in a single season.

Our identity remains exactly the same. :)

MENTALLY TOUGH
16-09-2017, 09:51 PM

That he didnt mention the names of about another 18 players in the squad.

crowboro eagle
16-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Get your head out of the premier greed clouds and start concentrating on your football club again. We have lost our identity. In 27 years of going to Selhurst I don't recognise it anymore. The fans come first not corporate money grabbing deals. The fans are suffering and before long you'll be watching football in a half empty stadium with the hard core fans. And your coporate deals will be sitting in the emirates eating prawn sandwiches. Choice is yours Tuesday at Burton Albion or Old Trafford??

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Nothing at all

Popester
16-09-2017, 10:05 PM

He then told them they were in the starting 11/squad. He should have just frozen them out completely.

fang
16-09-2017, 10:06 PM

Where were you sitting?

Palacebear
16-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Where were you sitting?

Behind the sofa!

We were crap again. 5 games, no goals & no points!!!!

How were we ok?

CPFC since 1989
16-09-2017, 10:26 PM

How do you know? Then he plays Ward in every game.

fang
16-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Behind the sofa!

We were crap again. 5 games, no goals & no points!!!!

How were we ok?

Not saying we were. I was replying to a poster who said that most people at the game were positive. As far as I could see, most had been on Prozac for a good few weeks.

Jim Cannon
16-09-2017, 10:31 PM
If we are adrift come January, i truly hope the board stop throwing money at the problem and start off loading.

Nobody wants our rubbish, they get paid too much

CPFC.1990
16-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Where were you sitting?

In the Saints end.

CommercialStone
16-09-2017, 11:10 PM
Plenty of fight...

little dedders
16-09-2017, 11:19 PM
I'm genuinely embarrassed to be a Palace fan at the moment. I left the game today pissed off not because of the manner of the defeat but because I realised that I don't actually remotely enjoy being a Palace fan anymore.

Steve Parish has an enormous amount to answer for. Everything he has done at the club has been completely superficial. No long term legacy to show for our 5 years in the Premier League. Bakary Sakho and Chungy still getting game time.

Lombardo's hair
16-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Nobody wants our rubbish, they get paid too much

I don't think wages are the issue. It's the first part of the sentence that sums it up. SP has let his heart rul his head. He cares about the players who got us here and kept us up. That is epitomised by giving Johnny Williams and Delaney new contract. Ward turned down a contract. So he obviously doesn't want to stay. He ain't good enough at present nor is Kelly. Kelly proved that v Swansea Ward at fault for first goal v Huddersfield. CYL sent to development squad sets up Burnley winner. I think FDB played them to show SP how week they were especially with YC RLC JR WZ Tomkins all absent at various times. FDB was f****" over by this club. Not because he wasn't a good manager but because he was honest about the players. Sam was aware of it. He said as much. Sad to say I now think SP is the problem. He is too close to the players. He needs to toughen up or move on.

rbarmy
16-09-2017, 11:30 PM

Hpalace
16-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Hunker down guys. The rollercoaster that is Palace it at a desperately low point, it's been lower ( a lot lower) and it's been higher. Right now is a low but if we didn't expect this rollercoaster then why support Palace?

Already explaining to my young son that we are 20th in the league but he can't follow his mates and support a top 5 club. Up or down, down or up it's our club. End.

Ronnie9
17-09-2017, 12:36 AM

Oh and also..... can the overpaid piles of shit I watched today put their hands in their pockets and refund match tickets please... spend 800 for season tickets for me and my kid.. got to be the worst value for money ever

This is the most sense I have read on here

Hong Kong Eagle
17-09-2017, 02:32 AM
Agree with OP, we have developed into a squad of highly paid players many of whom not fit for purpose.

If, and I say IF, SP allowed players to moan to him directly about FDB then that is 100% wrong. e.g reports Ward was upset because FDB told him he was not good enough for PL and clearly he is not good enough

Nothing above has not been said before but please no more " best squad we have ever had " talk.

At the moment we can't score, can't keep a clean sheet and can't get a point at home

Hong Kong Eagle
17-09-2017, 02:35 AM
How do you know? Then he plays Ward in every game.

No other choice for right sided full back sadly

Flappy Chicken
17-09-2017, 03:08 AM
The time for sentiment is over ship those players out and give the youngsters a chance, can't be any worse.

Worksop Palace
17-09-2017, 04:51 AM

Ha ha ha

Good one

Sir.S.C Remembered
17-09-2017, 05:06 AM
People really are very emotionally unstable. Without that goal early on people would be polarised and saying what a great first step it was to get a point.

steve hail
17-09-2017, 05:15 AM
People really are very emotionally unstable. Without that goal early on people would be polarised and saying what a great first step it was to get a point.

Except it really wouldn't have been. They were far better than us. The good thing is Roy H. is well aware of this, but blimey he has his work cut out.

Good luck to him.

917L
17-09-2017, 05:26 AM

So pretty dumb to tell the only played you have in that position that he isn't good enough, don't you think?

Not exactly great man management

New LP
17-09-2017, 05:54 AM

But there was an early goal as usual. So to talk of an alternative scenario where there wasn't one is silly. That's football isn't it? Goals are vital.

nickchev
17-09-2017, 06:05 AM

Really???!!! TFM started at right back for Holland only a few weeks ago. Put him there and bring Sakho in. Simple.

Olympian2
17-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Really???!!! TFM started at right back for Holland only a few weeks ago. Put him there and bring Sakho in. Simple.

Yep

Penstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 06:19 AM

Lol

S.P.R.
17-09-2017, 06:24 AM

This is what I have been thinking, why is TFM not at right back. Tompkins & Dann should have been centre backs yesterday.

When Sakho's back, it has to be:

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho - Schlupp

-------------- Luka-----------------
------- McArthur - Cabaye --------

------- Townsend - Zaha ----------
------------- Benteke --------------

PeterH
17-09-2017, 06:25 AM

That post is bollox.

What IF? Are you serious? We lost tamely at home again. We see some hope away from home and then it is crushed next home game.

Huddersfield ALL SHELLSHOCKED

Liverpool That is better, unlucky.

Swansea WTF is this now

Burnley This is better / dont sack him yet

Southampton Same as Swansea / no new manager boost for us.

Seriously, what are you watching/drinking?

Windsor_Eagle
17-09-2017, 06:27 AM
I'm genuinely embarrassed to be a Palace fan at the moment. I left the game today pissed off not because of the manner of the defeat but because I realised that I don't actually remotely enjoy being a Palace fan anymore.

Steve Parish has an enormous amount to answer for. Everything he has done at the club has been completely superficial. No long term legacy to show for our 5 years in the Premier League. Bakary Sakho and Chungy still getting game time.

I'm deeply disillusioned with Palace but I am not embarassed. Weirdly enough, this level of ineptness has restored my 'gallows humour' about Palace and that is strangely comforting.

Whilst I can see that people describe this team as unlikeable, I am not there yet because their poor performance is not the result of not caring or not trying hard enough. They are devoid of all belief and confidence. This season hinges on whether Roy can rebuild either in any meaningful way. The only crumb of comfort I have is having hear his post match conference is that he has hit several nails on the head about our issues and this match gsve him the acid test he needed.

I think we need to (mentally) prepare for a relegation this season and see if that can ignite a bit of a Dunkirk spirit amongst us all.

S.P.R.
17-09-2017, 07:06 AM
I'm deeply disillusioned with Palace but I am not embarassed. Weirdly enough, this level of ineptness has restored my 'gallows humour' about Palace and that is strangely comforting.

Whilst I can see that people describe this team as unlikeable, I am not there yet because their poor performance is not the result of not caring or not trying hard enough. They are devoid of all belief and confidence. This season hinges on whether Roy can rebuild either in any meaningful way. The only crumb of comfort I have is having hear his post match conference is that he has hit several nails on the head about our issues and this match gsve him the acid test he needed.

I think we need to (mentally) prepare for a relegation this season and see if that can ignite a bit of a Dunkirk spirit amongst us all.

Agree, although, my crumb of comfort hinges on what lift Sakho & Zaha give the team when they are back.

It could be like flicking a switch, similar to when big Sam got it going.

Got to just enjoy watching Zaha when he's back, as may be his last year with us, if results come then great, we can start looking at the table again.

Ralph
17-09-2017, 07:13 AM
So we're being wrecked by our interfering chairman but as fans we can write to Roy Hodgson and tell him what needs to do and who to sell.

Anyone else see the irony?

norwoodeagle
17-09-2017, 07:25 AM

Nothing if as a manager you think that will motivate the individual.
Compounded by then selecting the players, i.e. Not good enough but I will select you anyway.

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
17-09-2017, 07:38 AM
They are devoid of all belief and confidence. This season hinges on whether Roy can rebuild either in any meaningful way. The only crumb of comfort I have is having hear his post match conference is that he has hit several nails on the head about our issues and this match gsve him the acid test he needed.
This is my point...i think on paper the squad is not bad..good enough to remain outside bottom 3. Now that's not what we wanted at start of the season and as many have said shows that huge mistakes have been made by the Board. But as it stands it is what it is..the challenge will be to get what squad we have confident.

Just one bit of luck and one goal could make all the difference..and start to give them the belief. Yes and we all know what the next three fixtures are..so Roy will have to work some magic there.

When you are down on yer luck nothing but nothing goes your way...but as Sir Steve used to say it evens itself out over the season..and when it does that belief confidence will return.

thefox
17-09-2017, 07:46 AM
This is what I have been thinking, why is TFM not at right back. Tompkins & Dann should have been centre backs yesterday.

RLC for McArthur and don't bother with Hennessey and you are there.

Green Bin
17-09-2017, 07:47 AM

I was positive after the Burnley match, I guess I could be positive that we aren't conceding masses of goals. But there were very very few positives from the Southampton match. One gifted goal and the energy was drained straight out of the side. And the next three games are going to do serious damage to our goal difference. And don't forget two of our better players TFM and RLC wont be able to play against their respective clubs.

We're back to where we were just before Holloway went, but this time we've already spent oodles of cash and lost the spirit that got us promotion.

And I would say that the so-called Palace way of playing has landed us in this mess for the fifth season in a row. This is no quick fix or chance of a miracle, this is a long spell in the Championship (if we are lucky)

mb23
17-09-2017, 07:47 AM

RLC.

Palace Dan
17-09-2017, 07:48 AM
At the end of the day this is Palace we are talking about. We like most supporters of most teams have to take the rough with the smooth. If we go down, we go down.. what do we do?? Give up supporting? Give up on the club when it needs support??

That way we become like Manure. Remember the Cup Final? No joy in winning that trophy... just wanted the manager out. Win Europa League last year. No joy. Need to win European champions league. They are entitle. They have the god given right to succeed.

Not for me and most proper fans of proper clubs. If it goes sour then it does. We fight on. Rebuild. Try again

To be honest. We probably aren't good enough at the moment and the writing has been on the wall for months.

Keep the faith. Stay strong! COYP!!!

S.P.R.
17-09-2017, 07:52 AM
RLC for McArthur and don't bother with Hennessey and you are there.

Oops, forgot about RLC!:supergrin:

S.P.R.
17-09-2017, 07:57 AM
How about now...

-----------Kicking Back*----------

----------- RLC - Cabaye --------

*(Like they can have in Hockey)

Mad Raschic Ken
17-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Nobody anywhere near me was positive

Understandably

I was positive for the first hour. I didn't think we were bad. We gifted them a goal (standard), but Southampton didn't look threatening and we had created a decent number of chances.

The last half an hour was shocking though. We seemed to just give up.

Windsor_Eagle
17-09-2017, 08:04 AM
If we can get this team out on a regular basis then I think Roy *could* work relative wonders.

Hen

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare

Luka

RLC - Cabaye

Townsend -------------------- Zaha

Benteke

Subs:
Speroni
Ward
Dann
Jairo
Punch
McArthur
Wickham / Striker

mb23
17-09-2017, 08:06 AM
If we can get this team out on a regular basis then I think Roy *could* work relative wonders.

Hen

TFM - Tomkins - Sakho - Souare

Luka

RLC - Cabaye

Townsend -------------------- Zaha

Benteke

Subs:
Speroni
Ward
Dann
Jairo
Punch
McArthur
Wickham / Striker

Agreed. Bizarrely everyone but the manager seems to know this (hopefully Roy will soon). Schlupp/PVA on the bench for Ward, though.

Jim Cannon
17-09-2017, 08:06 AM

I have been saying for months I have never really seen Schlupp as a full back and his performance yesterday where he didn't just fail to pick his man up constantly, it was almost as though he hadn't noticed he was even there. PVA is not great defensively either. Its as though SA bough us 2 left wingers who can tackle a bit.

GrayP41ace
17-09-2017, 08:07 AM
He then told them they were in the starting 11/squad. He should have just frozen them out completely.

That's the problem, he want allowed to replace them, so had no choice but to play them. Proving his point to Parish in the process! Not good enough.

mb23
17-09-2017, 08:10 AM
I have been saying for months I have never really seen Schlupp as a full back and his performance yesterday where he didn't just fail to pick his man up constantly, it was almost as though he hadn't noticed he was even there. PVA is not great defensively either. Its as though SA bough us 2 left wingers who can tackle a bit.

Can't deny they helped keep us up last season, which was the aim of bringing them in. PVA even won us the three points against Boro. Not their fault if Parish hired managers since who's styles don't suit them.

That's the problem with constantly changing managers. No two are the same, and it means there is no consistency on the training pitch. It's no wonder we look like we haven't got a clue at the moment.

Godstone Eagle
17-09-2017, 08:24 AM

:supergrin::supergrin:

Jim Cannon
17-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Can't deny they helped keep us up last season, which was the aim of bringing them in. PVA even won us the three points against Boro. Not their fault if Parish hired managers since who's styles don't suit them.

That's the problem with constantly changing managers. No two are the same, and it means there is no consistency on the training pitch. It's no wonder we look like we haven't got a clue at the moment.

Yes fair point

the drexciyan
17-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Gonna be a mass exodus like in 1995.

Going to be a few tears for the little Palace fans who haven't yet experienced one of these relegations.....:( That's who i feel sorry for.

You can't be a Palace fan without experiencing some pain along the way. Anyone who got on and thought we were a bog standard PL mid-rank club is about to undergo a transformative experience.

the drexciyan
17-09-2017, 08:55 AM
I mean, why spend shitloads of money to go to away for meditative retreats when you have Palace challenging your value-systems every week?

minch1
17-09-2017, 09:01 AM
I don't get this "the club have embarrassed me" bit "my pride has been hurt." I am glad of the fact that we have a club which is loyal to people who have been loyal to it and served us well. I am glad of the fact we have been successful for the past seven years compared to our clubs previous achievements . As one of the people who were attending when the gate was half what it is now I can see what has been achieved. I see this current situation as an unfortunate chain of events which will get resolved. Our club is in the black, with money to spend, a more than reasonable squad and an experienced ex England Manager. There are a lot of clubs in the land who would love to be in that position. Including us seven years ago.

Nelson Muntz
17-09-2017, 09:03 AM

[CENTER]Hen

We're never going to get anywhere with Hennessey in goal.

Danny_Cheviot
17-09-2017, 09:04 AM
How about now...

-----------Kicking Back*----------

----------- RLC - Cabaye --------

*(Like they can have in Hockey)

Dann for Tomkins and we are there. He'll play better with Sakho marshalling him.

palacemetros
17-09-2017, 09:12 AM
In the Saints end.

:D

cantspell
17-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Bugger all to do with him. Parish and his ego train call the shots.

Parish's ego is letting us down badly - likes the chase of securing a marquee signing despite other positions needing filling first - poor!

fly eagle
17-09-2017, 09:31 AM
A lot of people confused why TFM isn't playing rb. Well maybe because Sahko has not being available to play and neither has Tompkins. Cannot blame a manger on that one.

Lots of tho he wrong main one being we are incapable of building a football club with solid infrastructure. Our scouting is an absolute shambles, just look at the transfer windows since we have been up. If u fail to plan the u fail and this has been coming for a while. Clubs like spurs, although much bigger than us have gone up a level from their perspective base by having a long term strategy and everything they do is aligned to it. What is our strategy?

red&blue_moomin
17-09-2017, 09:43 AM

wtf? Against burnley we it actually looked like De boer could sort it out.

This was a backwards back to the Huddersfield performance. It was bar a few players a total shite performance. They dropped deep they stood off they failed to press the player with the ball barely won second balls. Hit hopeful balls to Benteke with no one out wide to flick it onto. The less said about Joel ward the better he was beyond ******* shit.

The only hope is mama and wilf alongside rlc, Tfm and luka lift the rest of the team then that kickstarts cb and yohan into gear. Otherwise I think we actually could go down.

glaziers fan
17-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Yes, totally agree. He bottled it. But was that his decision or was he leant on by Parish? There's going to be a massive rebuilding job to do in the summer, whether we are relegated or not.

glaziers fan
17-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Absolutely agree. It is a mental problem more than ability or effort. Hope Roy can get the best XI on the pitch, and we can find some confidence from somewhere. Pray for a Selhurst revival, and hopefully a groundshare with another club next season!

Eagle Kneevil
17-09-2017, 09:52 AM
wtf? Against burnley we it actually looked like De boer could sort it out.

This was a backwards back to the Huddersfield performance. It was bar a few players a total shite performance. They dropped deep they stood off they failed to press the player with the ball barely won second balls. Hit hopeful balls to Benteke with no one out wide to flick it onto. The less said about Joel ward the better he was beyond ******* shit.

The only hope is mama and wilf alongside rlc, Tfm and luka lift the rest of the team then that kickstarts cb and yohan into gear. Otherwise I think we actually could go down.

Not sure about the first bit. May just have been because Burnley are/were worse than Southampton (as reflected by final league placings last year).

mb23
17-09-2017, 09:58 AM
Yes, totally agree. He bottled it. But was that his decision or was he leant on by Parish? There's going to be a massive rebuilding job to do in the summer, whether we are relegated or not.

With the amount of players out of contract in the summer, plus TFM and RLC going back to parent clubs, it's inevitable. I wonder whether Parish sees more value in going down and building a new team on Championship wages than paying the inflated wages we have been for the last few years.

Of course if we do go down then I doubt most of our under contract players will want to stick around either, so we could well have an entirely new squad next year.

bigend1
17-09-2017, 10:08 AM
Add Sakho, zaha and Luka to that team and we'll be a good side.

Tough fixtures mean we could be 0 points in 8 games. Can we come back? I don't know

Will the comfidence of the players handle it? I don't know

Nigelbrag
17-09-2017, 10:15 AM
The person i feel sorry for is Roy Hodgson, he seems to have inherited a squad of very disillusioned players who seem to have lost faith and direction in the club, which may sound harsh but one look at our performances surely confirms that.
What i was Not aware of (forgot) was until hearing it on the Sunday Supplement this morning, that we have NOT scored in 9 of our previous 10 league games which is a shocking stat, and to confound it further knowing where our weakness lay to then NOT to make signing a striker or Two a priority is unthinkable, hence we now sit with this incredibly unwanted non scoring record, to me it beggars belief.
We are now left until January with just ONE striker CB, who on current form could not hit a barn door from 5 yards, this was incompetence by management (Parish as he appeared to be the decision maker) of the highest level, how could this and other errors be allowed to have gone unnoticed?
This now leaves Hodgson as the scapegoat and open to all the insults should we fail to stay up, and the task he then faces in January if we are still in the bottom 3 who does he bring in? who would be willing to join? knowing any decent signing will cost heavily along with high wages, or does he start planning for the Championship.
One thing for sure is if the worst happens and we are relegated it could be a very long time before we see the riches of the Premiership again, and it possibly could all have been avoided by sensible planning by our Decision Maker who we know who that is, at the very start.

mb23
17-09-2017, 10:25 AM
The person i feel sorry for is Roy Hodgson, he seems to have inherited a squad of very disillusioned players who seem to have lost faith and direction in the club, which may sound harsh but one look at our performances surely confirms that.
What i was Not aware of (forgot) was until hearing it on the Sunday Supplement this morning, that we have NOT scored in 9 of our previous 10 league games which is a shocking stat, and to confound it further knowing where our weakness lay to then NOT to make signing a striker or Two a priority is unthinkable, hence we now sit with this incredibly unwanted non scoring record, to me it beggars belief.
We are now left until January with just ONE striker CB, who on current form could not hit a barn door from 5 yards, this was incompetence by management (Parish as he appeared to be the decision maker) of the highest level, how could this and other errors be allowed to have gone unnoticed?
This now leaves Hodgson as the scapegoat and open to all the insults should we fail to stay up, and the task he then faces in January if we are still in the bottom 3 who does he bring in? who would be willing to join? knowing any decent signing will cost heavily along with high wages, or does he start planning for the Championship.
One thing for sure is if the worst happens and we are relegated it could be a very long time before we see the riches of the Premiership again, and it possibly could all have been avoided by sensible planning by our Decision Maker who we know who that is, at the very start.

Top post. Parish has royally messed up this season. He's put his own image ahead of the best interests of the club. I can't think of a single club where that approach has helped.

New LP
17-09-2017, 10:30 AM
I don't get this "the club have embarrassed me" bit "my pride has been hurt." I am glad of the fact that we have a club which is loyal to people who have been loyal to it and served us well. I am glad of the fact we have been successful for the past seven years compared to our clubs previous achievements . As one of the people who were attending when the gate was half what it is now I can see what has been achieved. I see this current situation as an unfortunate chain of events which will get resolved. Our club is in the black, with money to spend, a more than reasonable squad and an experienced ex England Manager. There are a lot of clubs in the land who would love to be in that position. Including us seven years ago.

This will all fall down like a house of cards if we are relegated.

Nigelbrag
17-09-2017, 10:32 AM

I said this at the time and many other times, we needed a LB that was able to defend as a priority and attacking secondary, and the guy that fitted the bill perfectly was Kieron Gibbs.
Instead we brought in VA and Schlupp at a cost of 28m, and along with Souare are left with 3 LB noted for attacking but NOT defending, why was Gibbs not added instead of one of the others?
This was yet another bad decision made with so many others.

Celestial Empire
17-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Sell

Mutch
CYL
Puncheon (sad)
Sako
Williams (sad)
Delaney (sad)
Ward (sad)
Kelly (sad)

A good rant is probably good for your state of mind, but lashing out in all directions, when our new start under RH is just a few days in, is pretty pointless don't you think ?
As RH said, the fandom have to stay with him and give him some time.
Endlessly listing the mistakes, won't help, will it ?:)

the drexciyan
17-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Parish: if you're reading this, which I doubt, just get it sorted asap. We all make screw ups, I personally love you in a south London type of way but I'm looking to you to dig us out of this now. I'd rather it was you than someone without the clubs interests at heart but please just kick some arses and get it turned around.

Dedders
17-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Parish: if you're reading this, which I doubt, just get it sorted asap. We all make screw ups, I personally love you in a south London type of way but I'm looking to you to dig us out of this now. I'd rather it was you than someone without the clubs interests at heart but please just kick some arses and get it turned around.

This
Please ignore the ungrateful tw ats that give you grief every two minutes
You've made a few mistakes recently-- please dig us out of this now
It'll be our greatest escape yet if you can

minch1
17-09-2017, 12:16 PM
This will all fall down like a house of cards if we are relegated.

Our club and team need our support not criticism from within at this time. The HF were great yesterday and set a good example particularly after we went 1-0 down. It was a shame some sections of the crowd took to booing again. Joining the media and other outside sources in criticising our club is detrimental. Let's face it the media and other teams supporters love nothing better than see us fail. What is the point in us the supporters contributing to it. If we do that it will fall down.

SteveHKent
17-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Sell

Mutch
CYL
Puncheon (sad)
Sako
Williams (sad)
Delaney (sad)
Ward (sad)
Kelly (sad)

Can you say any more about which players you think are not fit to wear the shirt?
I'm not sure if you are referring to recent signings or to players who are now past their prime - or both ? Thanks !

civil eagle
17-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Our club and team need our support not criticism from within at this time. The HF were great yesterday and set a good example particularly after we went 1-0 down. It was a shame some sections of the crowd took to booing again. Joining the media and other outside sources in criticising our club is detrimental. Let's face it the media and other teams supporters love nothing better than see us fail. What is the point in us the supporters contributing to it. If we do that it will fall down.

The HF should give us break and stop with the bloody drum watching that crap is bad enough but the constant incessant banging drives me nuts. It stops anyone else or any other part of the crowd gettling going and stifles any atmosphere from starting in other parts of the ground

Lombardo's hair
17-09-2017, 03:59 PM
From the snippets I've heard about the problem with FDB it seems that he was no different from morinho or pep inthat he identified players that weren't good enough and should be moved on. The players thought his training sessions were weird. Now correct me if I'm wrong but is our squad full of great or good players? I don't think so. A few that seem to have been targeted by FDB for those comments have been guilty of some poor defending and a god awful back pass. Also isn't English football years behind the rest and maybe his weird training sessions are innovative and once the players adjusted they would be all the better for it? English football stagnates because we stick to the norm. We don't like change. For decades training consisted of long distance running and sprints with the odd ball work. We didn't learn from the Hungarians in 1953 and we have been arrogant in our views on the rest of the world. Apart from Brazil Spain Argentina Germany and Italy. We need to change and if the training was weird what was so weird? I think our players are in a comfort zone and are complacent. SP needs to take control in a dispassionate way when listening to player gripes

dannyturner
17-09-2017, 04:12 PM
So far all I've seen this season is an increase in JCLs who look up from their phones at three minute intervals to slate individual players.

jobiinthelastmi
17-09-2017, 04:24 PM
So far all I've seen this season is an increase in JCLs who look up from their phones at three minute intervals to slate individual players.

The club once personally gave a free ticket away to an Irish fan who complained about the away end in one match he went to.

old git
17-09-2017, 04:26 PM
The HF should give us break and stop with the bloody drum watching that crap is bad enough but the constant incessant banging drives me nuts. It stops anyone else or any other part of the crowd gettling going and stifles any atmosphere from starting in other parts of the ground

Bastards trying to support the team while the rest of us want a good moan.Utter bastards.

foresthillbilly
17-09-2017, 04:28 PM
The Board, would hopefully not respond to open messages.

You would hope they have learnt this much as a minimum,......nevermind using Twatter

Ralph
17-09-2017, 04:28 PM
We've spent an awful lot of money to end up with a team as poor and arrogant as Aston Villas.

Dutch O
17-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Windsor eagle spot on as usual

Gregz41
17-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Can't agree with this. We barely laid a finger on Southampton in that first half. Their players seemed to dwarf Mcarthur, Puncheon and Cabaye.

There's a real issue at home. I'm not sure it's just one thing, but we always start so slowly. The away team finds their rhythm within the first 5 minutes, builds confidence and then the inevitable happens. I could understand this fresh off our first season in the PL, but average teams aren't getting out of 2nd gear and are taking the points at Selhurst. Sunderland and West Ham have completed 3 wins in a row at Selhurst. It's embarrassing.

Se9 eagles
17-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Can't agree with this. We barely laid a finger on Southampton in that first half. Their players seemed to dwarf Mcarthur, Puncheon and Cabaye.

There's a real issue at home. I'm not sure it's just one thing, but we always start so slowly. The away team finds their rhythm within the first 5 minutes, builds confidence and then the inevitable happens. I could understand this fresh off our first season in the PL, but average teams aren't getting out of 2nd gear and are taking the points at Selhurst. Sunderland and West Ham have completed 3 wins in a row at Selhurst. It's embarrassing.

The number of empty seats yesterday shows a lot of people have had enough of our pitiful home performances and have voted with their feet......

Johnny Byrne
17-09-2017, 09:55 PM
A good rant is probably good for your state of mind, but lashing out in all directions, when our new start under RH is just a few days in, is pretty pointless don't you think ?

As RH said, the fandom have to stay with him and give him some time.

Endlessly listing the mistakes, won't help, will it ?:)

Thanks Celestial. I'm just sharing my thoughts about our playing squad. RH has a massive job on his hands keeping us in the PL for next season. As a fan of 50 years I hope he succeeds. If not, we go again in the EFL Championship next season. But, what a wasted opportunity the PL would be for us.

palacelad197o
18-09-2017, 08:57 AM
We've spent an awful lot of money to end up with a team as poor and arrogant as Aston Villas.Spent in the wrong areas

Gazpacho
18-09-2017, 10:04 AM
A long, long, long list of problems, some of which have been bubbling on for some time without any proper correction.

We are now in a tailspin and need a strong and effective management team to pull us out of the nosedive and get us flying evenly again.

The playing squad has all the hallmarks of Aston Villa 2 years ago where the spirit, desire and belief was missing from most of the players. Their recruitment was based on analytics which cannot measure heart, passion and character. Sakho and possibly a couple of others excepted. I believe there are a few who will do their very best.

Never have we spent so much in wages and fees and seen so little fight from such a bunch of over inflated egos.

Is Roy young and energetic enough to take on such a monumental task which should fill his every waking hour? Realistically probably not - but he will know the problems and Steve, the Board etc should at least listen to what he tells them and know that what he says will be honestly delivered.

For now we'll have to stick with what we have and hope that this squad discovers a backbone and some pride and stops being such a laughing stock and a pushover.

Sir.S.C Remembered
22-09-2017, 10:05 AM
That post is bollox.

What IF? Are you serious? We lost tamely at home again. We see some hope away from home and then it is crushed next home game.

Huddersfield ALL SHELLSHOCKED

Liverpool That is better, unlucky.

Swansea WTF is this now

Burnley This is better / dont sack him yet

Southampton Same as Swansea / no new manager boost for us.

Seriously, what are you watching/drinking?

I wasn't talking about the other games. Yes I get there the feeling fans have is not in isolation game wise though.

I accept that they did score early and we did not do enough to overcome that. We had a few big chances but not huge numbers of chances. They were kept quiet too though (although were 1-0 up so no need to push). Southampton have started slow but have some good players so losing 1-0 in a fairly even game (chance wise - games aren't won on possession etc) is not an awful start for a new manager when the place feels like it has been rocked by changes and he had 2 days to prepare the side.

My point was more that if we'd had scored an equaliser but played at the same level people would have a totally different perspective on the game as the polarisation in football (not just on here) is ridiculous.