PDA

View Full Version : Let's get ready to rumble

Buysakho
17-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Sadly I live in an area of Essex dominated by West Ham, due to fiancé e.t.c

Anyway in the street on sat one of them goes 5 games no goals no points that's palace down laughing.

I just thought are we f&@&&@ , we'll prove you and the smug pundits like shearer and redknapp wrong.

We're palace, let these plastics see our spirit. Ok Parish and board f@@@@@@ appointment of fdb . We are a striker short , I'd rather have Kevin Miller in goal than Hennessy too. I wanted Aki RIhilahti not hodgson but he's here and I actually think he will be sound.

Can't change what's been and gone , can stand together , this is what we're all about . We've overcome much worse than this.

Let's get ready to rumble and f@@@@@ make some noise cos every little thing is gonna be alright.....

Purepalace
17-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Brighton tut tut tut :hi:

PIE "N" MASH
17-09-2017, 11:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo&list=RDotCpCn0l4Wo

:p:p

Ooh Betty
18-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Sadly I live in an area of Essex dominated by West Ham, due to fiancé e.t.c

Anyway in the street on sat one of them goes 5 games no goals no points that's palace down laughing.

I just thought are we f&@&&@ , we'll prove you and the smug pundits like shearer and redknapp wrong.

We're palace, let these plastics see our spirit. Ok Parish and board f@@@@@@ appointment of fdb . We are a striker short , I'd rather have Kevin Miller in goal than Hennessy too. I wanted Aki RIhilahti not hodgson but he's here and I actually think he will be sound.

Can't change what's been and gone , can stand together , this is what we're all about . We've overcome much worse than this.

Let's get ready to rumble and f@@@@@ make some noise cos every little thing is gonna be alright.....

Let's get behind the team and be thankful we still have a team to support.

Wandle_Eagle
18-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Let's get behind the team and be thankful we still have a team to support.

I wonder if there will still be people saying this in 20 years time?

Buysakho
18-09-2017, 05:03 PM
It's amazing how many people want parish to throw another 40 mill at it in Jan. Have they forgotton about our history of 2 admins or maybe they just weren't around.

FourtyTwo
18-09-2017, 05:15 PM
It's amazing how many people want parish to throw another 40 mill at it in Jan. Have they forgotton about our history of 2 admins or maybe they just weren't around.

I was around for both administrations, and clearly want us to spend money in January - in order to fix the holes we have left ourselves with now.

Personally, the risk of administration is only there if we get relegated, and we fail to come back up in the first (or maybe second) season, and we throw money at it in an attempt to do so.

By all accounts, the reason for not sending in the summer doesn't appear to be a lack of funds, but a restriction due to FFP (or whatever we are constrained by) - there was clearly the money there for a striker (as we were close on Niasse and Tosun), and a goalkeeper was in the mix as well (albeit a foreign loan).

The key to spending money, be it in January or next summer, is to shift some of the higher-paid squad members who are not contributing enough relative to cost (Mutch and Sako clearly the big two here, although with Souare fit, I wonder if PVA may be on his way out to free up wages and bring in a fee), to free up the space in the weekly wages to bring additional people in.

£40m spent in January will probably buy you less than over the summer. But, I think this summer, prices shot up massively, and so Schlupp, PVA and Luka would have probably cost more in the summer than we got them for in January (maybe not PVA due to relegation). Therefore, spending in the right areas, to improve a team, in he right amount, is a no brainer - provided there's still a realistic chance of staying up at that point.