PDA

View Full Version : Parish v Jordan

ANDI29
18-09-2017, 10:41 PM
We have threads on players v players why not chairman's v chairman's,
Parish all day long

GorBlimey
18-09-2017, 10:44 PM
The devil makes work for idle hands. You'd be better off going to have a wank.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
18-09-2017, 11:02 PM
It doesn't matter.

RCUK
19-09-2017, 08:37 AM
It doesn't matter.

You sound like the Rock :)

Ralph
19-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Chuck Noades into the mix for added spice.

MENTALLY TOUGH
19-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Is this based on the quality of hairstyle ?

IanH
19-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Parish over Jordan all day long. The stuff with him lying about having bought the ground was ridiculous. And his upsetting of every other club's chairmen hampered us getting any decent players off any of them. He was good entertainment value though. I think Jordan's job in the Premier League was tougher though as there was less TV money around then and it was harder to get players to join us.

bubbs11
19-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Just a ridiculous mismatch. Parish v Noades is a much better match.

Maidstoned Eagle
19-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Chuck Noades into the mix for added spice.

And Bloye

Hector
19-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Parish by miles. Interestingly I heard Warnock on Talksport this morning saying he felt some players were to close to the chairman when he was at Palace.

eagles #1
19-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Parish over Jordan all day long. The stuff with him lying about having bought the ground was ridiculous. And his upsetting of every other club's chairmen hampered us getting any decent players off any of them. He was good entertainment value though. I think Jordan's job in the Premier League was tougher though as there was less TV money around then and it was harder to get players to join us.

Maybe not on the same level, but surely Parish's bullshit about redeveloping the ground/moving is getting close..

bubbs11
19-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Maybe not on the same level, but surely Parish's bullshit about redeveloping the ground/moving is getting close..

Cos it's just such an easy thing to do well isn't it...

Am Phibian
19-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Jerry Lim. Hands down. Beyond criticism.

eagles #1
19-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Cos it's just such an easy thing to do well isn't it...

About as easy as buying a ground off a reluctant seller, I'd imagine..

Night Eagle
19-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Gay snake hands down.... and hands up again.

palace_burger
19-09-2017, 11:49 AM

It's not BS it's bloody complicated though and not an easy one to resolve , and not a bare faced lie

Parish is by far the most clever little sausage between these two

GreatGonzo
19-09-2017, 11:50 AM

Do you mean LLoyds?

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 11:51 AM
What next, Tommy Black vs Yannick Bolasie?

mcmean
19-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Parish by miles. Interestingly I heard Warnock on Talksport this morning saying he felt some players were to close to the chairman when he was at Palace.

Which time? He was manager under both

rovens
19-09-2017, 12:03 PM
He was referring to Parish. He said Jordan always makes sense and knows his stuff

beef
19-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Please could someone add a poll to this thread? Despite all the recent negativity Parish wins by miles imo.

palacea
19-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Please could someone add a poll to this thread? Despite all the recent negativity Parish wins by miles imo.

or wait when they have both ended their runs and we can make a full judgement :cool:

beef
19-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Either way the mural is gone and the cables have been tidied. I still think Parish wins.

Shipp Ahoy!
19-09-2017, 12:19 PM

One told us he had bought the ground back, when he hadn't and had in fact let it fall into the hands of property developers (who thank god went under before they had a chance to do any damage) and took us to the brink of absolute ruin...

The other actually did buy the ground back for the club while saving it from ruin, has hired a full time architect as he desperately tries to finally sort the place out despite constant opposition and obstacles being placed in the way, all the while getting the club promoted to the Premiership and seeing the club in its longest ever spell at that level...

Sure, must be close :wallbash:

beef
19-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Always preferred the way Parish has communicated via the media as well. Jordan was too brash in the early days and I think it made us look silly.

nellis
19-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Which chairman?

EDIT you answered!

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Warnock was practically in bed with Jordan, so I assume he's talking about Parish.

Jordan's Jacket
19-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Jordan did wear a Butlins blazer, so he has that in his favour

Mictor Voses
19-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Really interesting comment from Warnock there. With Parish being such a Palace fan and genuinely nice guy you can see him being almost too loyal to players who have done well for the club in the past and almost becoming blinkered to the reality of things.

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Dominic Jordan banned me from Selhurst, so based on our recent home form I'm going to pick Jordan.

Chunt
19-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Based on achievement - Parish; Based on personality - Jordan.

Maidstoned Eagle
19-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Dominic Jordan banned me from Selhurst, so based on our recent home form I'm going to pick Jordan.

Well hes certainly shot up in my estimations after reading that.

Ruskin Old Boy
19-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Jordan's programme notes were far superior. They made for an interesting read and had little in common with the boring PR speak of 2017.

On the other hand SP has a better hairdresser. And ensured the club own the ground, cladding and all.

sw16girl
19-09-2017, 01:10 PM

Noades was not relucant - he sold the ground - just not to SJ. Rock who bought it also would have sold to SJ but the deal that Simon negotiated was so eyewateringly bad (and yes I did see the legal paperwork on this one) that there is no surprise it didn't happen.

sw16girl
19-09-2017, 01:12 PM

He was always very nice to me :supergrin:

Simon threatened to ban James and me and Neiltheeagle for blowing the lid off his clever little sausage routine but he didn't because the article was never printed in Neil's fanzine and when it appeared in the Guardian instead it was not attributed to us.

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 01:21 PM
On the other hand SP has a better hairdresser.

Debatable.

WandsworthEagle
19-09-2017, 01:48 PM

What did he ban you for?

WandsworthEagle
19-09-2017, 01:49 PM
He was always very nice to me :supergrin:

Simon threatened to ban James and me and Neiltheeagle for blowing the lid off his clever little sausage routine but he didn't because the article was never printed in Neil's fanzine and when it appeared in the Guardian instead it was not attributed to us.

Pretty sure that he did ban James from the Directors Box, but not from the stadium.

adman50
19-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Colonel Gaddafi v Puff Daddy would have been the real question.

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 03:01 PM
What did he ban you for?

I think it was because there was only enough standing room for one bald headed, hooded eyed, overly aggressive digit at Selhurst in those days.

:vader:

(You're getting nothing from me, elbows.)

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Pretty sure that he did ban James from the Directors Box

Even Blind Pew can see that this snippet will swing more votes towards SJ.

Ruskin Old Boy
19-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Pretty sure that he did ban James from the Directors Box, but not from the stadium.

He did.

Didn't he try to enter the Directors Box wearing a pair of jeans? Without red braces?

4 cryingOutloud
19-09-2017, 03:22 PM
We have threads on players v players why not chairman's v chairman's,
Parish all day long

You're 37 - FFS Grow up.

sw16girl
19-09-2017, 04:05 PM

I think it was because his daughter (who was not that old at the time) was wearing jeans.

Richard
19-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Palace Echo wasn't a fanzine by then - it had become the club's Pravda.

sw16girl
19-09-2017, 04:13 PM

That is a little unfair Neil was quite prepared to publish but when told it would result in a ban for him he said he felt unable to - I do not blame him in the slightest.

I simply arranged for it to be published elsewhere. The fact that SJ's actions meant that it was published in a national newspaper by a highly respected football journalist rather than a local fanzine with a rather smaller circulation is perhaps another example of SJ's inability to manage a company satisfactorily.

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 04:25 PM
I think it was because his daughter (who was not that old at the time) was wearing jeans.

Ah yes, silver medallist Mitchell as she is known. Jordan offered to throw his legal team behind a case of fraudulent misrepresentation against the girl who shoved in (could she be a Browett?) to claim first place in the All posho schoolgirl cross country event by way of apology, but 'James' was having none of it.

Back on topic, Parish v Jordan, which one threatened to beat up LLCOOLSTEVE's mum or something? I vote for that one.

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 04:31 PM

:D