PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Mattia Perin (Goalkeeper)

Latvian Eagle
19-09-2017, 07:55 AM
This one seemed to slip under the radar but someone mentioned on a thread a week or two back that we had a bid of 18m rejected for Genoa Goalkeeper Mattia Perin in the Transfer window. I must admit I didn't hear anything about it but did find one article about it after reading that on here.

Excellent goalkeeper, 24 years old and captain of Genoa. Been linked to the likes of Inter, Manchester United and Liverpool, and he agreed a deal to sign for AC Milan if they ended up selling Donnarumma in the Summer but obviously he stayed so they cancelled the deal.

As I say he is a great keeper, capped at International level. The only down side is he has down both of his cruciate ligaments in the last two seasons whixh could be a bit of an issue.

This is the only article I can find but as I say someone did post on here we had bid for a young Italian keeper so it does match up.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crystal-palace-mystery-pl-club-made-late-18m-bid-24-year-old-goalkeeper/

And of course the customary highlights video ;)...

cs-RlXsaH_c

Malarkey
19-09-2017, 08:01 AM
:(

SilentAssassin
19-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Absolutely no chance.

Latvian Eagle
19-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Absolutely no chance.

Maybe but apparently we bid for him.

East-End Eagle
19-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Still only 24, feels like he has been around for ages. Already seen as a bit of a legend at the rossoblu.

Latvian Eagle
19-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Still only 24, feels like he has been around for ages. Already seen as a bit of a legend at the rossoblu.

At least he is used to playing for a team in Red and Blue who struggle around the bottom of the table. :D

elgin eagle
19-09-2017, 08:55 AM
This one seemed to slip under the radar but someone mentioned on a thread a week or two back that we had a bid of 18m rejected for Genoa Goalkeeper Mattia Perin in the Transfer window. I must admit I didn't hear anything about it but did find one article about it after reading that on here.

Excellent goalkeeper, 24 years old and captain of Genoa. Been linked to the likes of Inter, Manchester United and Liverpool, and he agreed a deal to sign for AC Milan if they ended up selling Donnarumma in the Summer but obviously he stayed so they cancelled the deal.

As I say he is a great keeper, capped at International level. The only down side is he has down both of his cruciate ligaments in the last two seasons whixh could be a bit of an issue.

This is the only article I can find but as I say someone did post on here we had bid for a young Italian keeper so it does match up.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crystal-palace-mystery-pl-club-made-late-18m-bid-24-year-old-goalkeeper/

cs-RlXsaH_c

Seems to rise and fall a bit.

SilentAssassin
19-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Maybe but apparently we bid for him.

I'm not sure he will leave Genoa or Italy for that matter.

No doubt it would have been an incredible signing but the Italian sides are starting to rebuild into really sides and Serie A is starting to become competitive again. Given how many Italians rarely play out of Serie A, I just can't see him coming to play in the Premier League. Feel as though we would have to be comfortably hitting mid-table of the Premier League to make him think of moving to us as he's very highly rated in Italy.

GreatGonzo
19-09-2017, 09:12 AM
I thought it was posted that a deal had been agreed for him but was cancelled when Frank came in?

gjohnk
19-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Seems to rise and fall a bit.

:p

Martin H
19-09-2017, 09:34 AM
I thought it was posted that a deal had been agreed for him but was cancelled when Frank came in?

Thought that was a different keeper, Robles? No idea if it was true. Just referencing other rumours.

Maidstoned Eagle
19-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Thought that was a different keeper, Robles? No idea if it was true. Just referencing other rumours.

Yep, Robles was mentioned by Benzhiyi.

elgin eagle
19-09-2017, 10:18 AM
:p

We didn't get where we are today by signing players without some form of cruciate damage.

Latvian Eagle
19-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Yep, Robles was mentioned by Benzhiyi.

Robles. What a horrific signing he would have been.

We don't seem to have any specific direction with signings I swear. Robles, Perin, the Danish guy are all totally different types of keeper. Are we literally just after anyone? :confused:

Martin H
19-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Robles. What a horrific signing he would have been.

We don't seem to have any specific direction with signings I swear. Robles, Perin, the Danish guy are all totally different types of keeper. Are we literally just after anyone? :confused:

Building a rumour on top of a rumour but .........

I don't know all of the keepers but would it be because some are BFS/club original targets who might not be able to cope with organising the back 3, sweeping that FDB would be looking for, some then to suit the latter and then maybe at the death SP literally just trying to find anyone because he expected FDB to go?

It's obviously a guess to explain what we hear rather than insight.

S.P.R.
19-09-2017, 11:52 AM

cs-RlXsaH_c

He was never linked with us directly, it was just known in the Italian press the an English club had put that bid in for him.

It may have been Everton before they decided to go for Pickford for all we know or West Ham before going for Hart on loan.

We were linked as there were not many Prem clubs looking for a first choice keeper.

Latvian Eagle
19-09-2017, 12:41 PM
He was never linked with us directly, it was just known in the Italian press the an English club had put that bid in for him.

It may have been Everton before they decided to go for Pickford for all we know or West Ham before going for Hart on loan.

We were linked as there were not many Prem clubs looking for a first choice keeper.

We can bloody wish! Seems a bit above the type of dross we seem to be linked with like Alex Cairnes.

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Mr Perrin? likely to go missing in games i'd have thought.

Neckinger Eagle
20-09-2017, 05:40 PM
Great! Super!

Neckinger Eagle
21-09-2017, 11:47 AM
If we're going to buy Perin we should also put a bid in for Grot the Leeds striker

Jim Cannon
21-09-2017, 11:55 AM
If we're going to buy Perin we should also put a bid in for Grot the Leeds striker

"palace grab Grot"?

Old Joe Paxton
21-09-2017, 11:56 AM
'The Fall and Rise of..etc'

jackstacks
21-09-2017, 11:57 AM

Behave!

jackstacks
21-09-2017, 11:58 AM
New keeper is a long time coming

5, 6, 7, 8 always pays to make them wait.

Tony
21-09-2017, 12:20 PM
We didn't get where we are today by not buying a decent goalkeeper...

... oh, actually, we did. :(