PDA

View Full Version : Better be careful with the Sakho chant!

Shipp Ahoy!
19-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Kick it out have accused Manchester United fans of singing a "racist" chant aimed at Lukaku, because it refers to him having a large... well, you get the idea!

Apparently, as it is a stereotype it makes it racist :rolleyes:

I thought racism was supposed to be offensive? I'm sure Lukaku is pissed off that people are suggesting he has a large *ahem* package.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495

GanbareWashi
19-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Maybe he thinks that "large" does not do it justice.

CharlieCPFC
19-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Disgraceful racism from Man United fans, the ground should be closed and a points deduction should follow.

How pathetic. What is football coming to?

Icy
19-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Maybe he has a tiny one and every time they chant it reminds him of his cocktail sausage appendage.

Either way the wankers deserve and hefty points deduction and relegation to league 2. Wankers.

ebyeeckeagle
19-09-2017, 09:43 AM

How pathetic. What is football coming to?

Indeed. We can't even sing about there ain't no black in the Union Jack no more, either. Even though it is true.

old geezer
19-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Maybe he has a tiny one and every time they chant it reminds him of his cocktail sausage appendage.

Either way the wankers deserve and hefty points deduction and relegation to league 2. Wankers.

So he has a wiener then

mroakley9
19-09-2017, 09:51 AM
There's no way that Lukaku doesn't have a giant cock

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 10:41 AM
May as well just get on with it and have all football songs sent to a Good Speech dept in the FA for clearance. Failure to sing a sanctioned song results in a heavy fine for the club and 'residential re-education courses' for any fans caught singing them.

Skin Up
19-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Jennifer Taylor-Clark: So you're saying is that black people ought to be flattered that their only achievement in this world is having oversized genitalia?

David Brent: I'm saying they shouldn't be a ashamed of them.

Jennifer Taylor-Clark: It's a myth.

Gareth: I don't know, Jennifer I could show you a magazine where... literally...
[holds up his hand indicating large size]

Jennifer Taylor-Clark: Could you?

Gareth: Well, I haven't got it with me, but next time you're in..

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 12:28 PM
May as well just get on with it and have all football songs sent to a Good Speech dept in the FA for clearance. Failure to sing a sanctioned song results in a heavy fine for the club and 'residential re-education courses' for any fans caught singing them.

so you think it should be acceptable to be racist?

Not having a go, just trying to understand the logical end point of your point of view.

taking your argument (which I think is nonsense, but you are entitled to it) to it's conclusion, what is the consequence of football fans not being allowed to sing certain songs? how does that affect you?

Popester
19-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Shows a lack of wit on the fans part...

Bipe
19-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Why the sense of outrage about this? It is a stereotype and if you promote one stereotype then what's your view on others? Maybe we should start a song about Zaha, Sakho et al listening to their ghetto blasters or selling drugs?

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 12:36 PM
so you think it should be acceptable to be racist?

Not having a go, just trying to understand the logical end point of your point of view.

taking your argument (which I think is nonsense, but you are entitled to it) to it's conclusion, what is the consequence of football fans not being allowed to sing certain songs? how does that affect you?

I don't think the song's racist. Do you? I couldnt care less what united fans sing quite frankly, just find this obsessive policing deeply tedious. Is Lukaku upset about this?

beef
19-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Kick it out have accused Manchester United fans of singing a "racist" chant aimed at Lukaku, because it refers to him having a large... well, you get the idea!

Apparently, as it is a stereotype it makes it racist :rolleyes:

I thought racism was supposed to be offensive? I'm sure Lukaku is pissed off that people are suggesting he has a large *ahem* package.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41317495

I think you should try and see the subtlety in this. Spreading a racial stereotype is not a positive thing.

BUNGLE
19-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Man u fans used to sing about Park eating dogs in his own country and no one batted an eye lid.

beef
19-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Maybe things are improving?

Maidstoned Eagle
19-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Fans sing about a player having big cock, man with big cock not upset by it...people with little willies are.

mroakley9
19-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Statistically speaking Lukaku, who is of Congolese heritage, almost certainly has a penis larger than the average man

http://www.top10hq.com/top-10-countries-largest-penis-size/

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 12:44 PM
I don't think the song's racist. Do you? I couldnt care less what united fans sing quite frankly, just find this obsessive policing deeply tedious. Is Lukaku upset about this?

Ignoring whether the song is or isn't racist for a second.

The regulations and organisation who is challenging the song, are designed to challenge racism and you seem to be unhappy about the way they are being implemented, so I was just trying to see, what you think is the bigger problem with it all? are you suggesting that generally speaking it should be ok for people to be racist at football matches?

what do you find "deeply tedious" about the "obsessive policing" ?

Also there is a logical fallacy in your argument, you've basically said that you don't think it is racist to suggest that all black men are essentially the same, yet said it should be whether one individual black man is upset or not that is the defining characteristic of whether all other black men, who you are saying, it is ok to define as all the same, are offended?

or are you suggesting as all black men are the same, one black man saying its ok, means all other black men have to be ok with it, because essentially you think, all black men are the same?

PauLo
19-09-2017, 12:51 PM
And they say terrace wit is dead.

PauLo
19-09-2017, 12:52 PM
The chant is a lazy stereotype. About as funny as a terminal disease.

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 12:57 PM
As far as i understand the song is not derogatory, i am not going in to bat for it, as i'm not a united fan and have never heard it sung.

How many genuine racist songs do you hear at English football matches these days? Pretty much zero. It's a sign of how much progress has been made that songs like this are all there really is, and frankly i doubt anyone in the street actually gives a toss about it. Only groups and people with agendas, and a need to be seen as active.

Maybe i just find how uptight everyone now is and how every walk of life must be examined for the cult of non-offence. Frankly i dont think it's healthy.

Shipp Ahoy!
19-09-2017, 01:14 PM
I see some of the over the top red tape brigade are on here too.

Total nonsense to suggest this is actually racist!

Has anyone asked Lukaku if he finds this offensive? I bet he doesn't... most logical normal people wouldn't!

eagle mart
19-09-2017, 01:18 PM
It should be banned because it's just a shit chant. And I'm talking about 'our' one, or the three people who were singing it at Anfield.

Not even heard Lukaku's.

Kidofwonder
As far as i understand the song is not derogatory, i am not going in to bat for it, as i'm not a united fan and have never heard it sung.

How many genuine racist songs do you hear at English football matches these days? Pretty much zero. It's a sign of how much progress has been made that songs like this are all there really is, and frankly i doubt anyone in the street actually gives a toss about it. Only groups and people with agendas, and a need to be seen as active.

Maybe i just find how uptight everyone now is and how every walk of life must be examined for the cult of non-offence. Frankly i dont think it's healthy.

so what is the agenda? surely if you think that "genuine racist songs" at football have stopped being sung it's because these "groups and people with agendas" which are to stop racism at football, exist and you should credit them for what they have achieved?

so are you saying it's bad to not want to offend people? why isn't it healthy?

Maidstoned Eagle

Has anyone asked Lukaku if he finds this offensive? I bet he doesn't... most logical normal people wouldn't!

But people are offended because he should be offended even though he isnīt offended. All logic goes out the window where the offended are concerned

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 01:19 PM

what is over the top?

Bubble Wrap
19-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Man u fans used to sing about Park eating dogs in his own country and no one batted an eye lid.

They sang that on Sunday against Everton,
"Park,Park for ever you may be, You eat dogs in your own country, Could have been worse you could have been a scouse, Eating rats in your council house".

tsunamiman
19-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Surely any assumption made about someone based purely on race is itself racist.

Whether this is offensive racism or not seems to be the argument that people are having. Imo all racism is offensive so so is this.

Joooe
19-09-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't suppose they've actually asked Lukaku's opinion on it?

Nothing says fighting racism like speaking on behalf of a black man without actually asking him want he thinks.

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 01:48 PM

Nothing says fighting racism like speaking on behalf of a black man without actually asking him want he thinks.

so you are saying all black people are the same?

Selhurst Celtic
19-09-2017, 01:50 PM

I heard that he was too busy folding his cock away to give an answer.

GreatGonzo
19-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Lukas one needs to go to.....

He may not be a murderer or war criminal!

ExiledStirling
19-09-2017, 01:54 PM
I read that as 'battered' and thought that would never happen in Scotland.

Up here the whole dog is battered.

ebyeeckeagle
19-09-2017, 01:56 PM
I read that as 'battered' and thought that would never happen in Scotland.

Up here the whole dog is battered.

Lazy stereotyping racist.

Icy
19-09-2017, 02:06 PM
There's no way that Lukaku isn't a giant cock

EFA. Shame, he was alright before he joined the Wankers

As for the rest of the thread - pushing the limits of pointless racism threads to the limit. Anyone that takes this thread seriously and isn't trolling needs to get out more.

Langers
19-09-2017, 02:07 PM
My wife heard this story on the radio and remarked that "it was being made bigger than it actually is"

:eek:

Icy
19-09-2017, 02:21 PM
:D

beef
19-09-2017, 03:00 PM

And the 'daily mail pc gone mad' brigade are also out in force.

trufan
19-09-2017, 03:16 PM
I think we should stop singing "Crystal Palace, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen." Surely there's a few Trade Descriptions offences in there? Wouldn't want the club to get in trouble, like.

PauLo
19-09-2017, 03:26 PM
I think we should stop singing "Crystal Palace, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen." Surely there's a few Trade Descriptions offences in there? Wouldn't want the club to get in trouble, like.

Has that chant got a racial stereotype? I've sung it all my life, can't seem to remember singing about that.

Can you point out the lazy stereotype for me please? Cheers in advance.

the drexciyan
19-09-2017, 03:38 PM
What is the problem with 'Sakho, Sakho, Sakho'?

ExiledStirling
19-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Has that chant got a racial stereotype? I've sung it all my life, can't seem to remember singing about that.

The word Palace wreaks of power and privilege, the word Crystal of opulence and excess, a stereotype endorsed by the word greatest in the chant.

CommercialStone
19-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Jennifer Taylor-Clark: So you're saying is that black people ought to be flattered that their only achievement in this world is having oversized genitalia?

David Brent: I'm saying they shouldn't be a ashamed of them.

Jennifer Taylor-Clark: It's a myth.

Gareth: I don't know, Jennifer I could show you a magazine where... literally...
[holds up his hand indicating large size]

Jennifer Taylor-Clark: Could you?

Gareth: Well, I haven't got it with me, but next time you're in..

I was also thinking of the office when I heard this story.

"Now you do not punish someone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs." "...If anything, they should be rewarded."

"They should be equal"

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 03:42 PM

It's not clearly stipulating whether the 'Crystal Palace' in the lyrics relates to the men's or wimmin's team, thus it's assuming that 'Crystal Palace' only equates to men's football, and by extension wimmin's football is inferior. Therefore it is a hate crime, offenders must be brought to book and where possible prosecuted. The club really need to send a strong signal or risk a derisory article in the Guardian Women's pull out.

Shipp Ahoy!
19-09-2017, 03:43 PM
And the 'daily mail pc gone mad' brigade are also out in force.

I prefer to think of myself as the living life having a laugh with no serious implications or offence intended brigade...

trufan
19-09-2017, 03:44 PM

Would be lazy stereotyping to confine this thread to racism, when IMO all our chants should be under the microscope in this current socio-political climate. I'm also gunning for Walking Down the Holmesdale Road (what about those folk who walk Up it?) and We Love You. What about those who merely Like Palace? Or have developed a mild antagonism towards the club while still turning up to support them?

These questions must be considered. It's important.

Son of Ron
19-09-2017, 03:45 PM
I hate bigoted racists who would refer to the size of a man's penis when singing at football - makes them a complete bunch of benders IMO

PauLo
19-09-2017, 03:46 PM
I prefer to think of myself as the living life having a laugh with no serious implications or offence intended brigade...

Sounds an awful lot like what some from the daily mail PC gone mad brigade would say. Must be a very fine line.

ExiledStirling
19-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Does not mean that you do not end up causing offence though.

The SPAG police will be spitting blood at your post.

PauLo
19-09-2017, 03:49 PM
The word Palace wreaks of power and privilege, the word Crystal of opulence and excess, a stereotype endorsed by the word greatest in the chant.

Well, i'm not going to stop singing it because I like it and i'm not offended so therefore no one is allowed to be offended and only i'm allowed to say whether you can be offended or not.

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 03:56 PM
It's not clearly stipulating whether the 'Crystal Palace' in the lyrics relates to the men's or wimmin's team, thus it's assuming that 'Crystal Palace' only equates to men's football, and by extension wimmin's football is inferior. Therefore it is a hate crime, offenders must be brought to book and where possible prosecuted. The club really need to send a strong signal or risk a derisory article in the Guardian Women's pull out.

You do realise, this makes no sense, even as satire.

I notice you didn't respond when I attempted to give you a chance to actually explain what you have a problem with beyond the initial statement.

You're perfectly entitled to your point of view, and you decry 'free speech' or something but nobody is stopping you singing the song or any song, they are just saying if you use your 'free speech' there is consequences.

What your argument is, is that you want the freedom to say whatever you like with no consequence and questioning, you don't want the moral pressure of having to respect anyone else, you want the freedom to do and say as you please and everybody else should just have to deal with it.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Bipe
19-09-2017, 03:56 PM

The 'has anyone asked him if he is offended' line usually gets trotted out by the 'PC gone mad' brigade.

Just to be clear - I am not personally offended or wound up by this nonsense but it is quite clearly a racial stereotype and I am baffled as to why some people are so happy to categorise it as the dreaded 'banter'.

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 03:57 PM
You do realise, this makes no sense, even as satire.

I notice you didn't respond when I attempted to give you a chance to actually explain what you have a problem with beyond the initial statement.

You're perfectly entitled to your point of view, and you decry 'free speech' or something but nobody is stopping you singing the song or any song, they are just saying if you use your 'free speech' there is consequences.

What your argument is, is that you want the freedom to say whatever you like with no consequence and questioning, you don't want the moral pressure of having to respect anyone else, you want the freedom to do and say as you please and everybody else should just have to deal with it.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

No offence, but I really cant be arsed engaging with you - i've noticed on many posts to a number of people you make wild stretches with what people say, rephrase them and then form them as questions. It's utterly pointless even attempting a dialogue with this kind of nonsense. Life's too short.

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 03:59 PM

This doesn't work either unfortunately.

that's just how language works not a stereotype.

ExiledStirling
19-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Well, i'm not going to stop singing it because I like it and i'm not offended so therefore no one is allowed to be offended and only i'm allowed to say whether you can be offended or not.
I think the point is you can take things a stage too far in trying to stamp down on discrimination and the real points of contention, the real issues that people should be pulled up for, can lose there power and influence when a stereotype about black men is given the same value in terms of rooting out and standing up to racism. It is stereotyping, nothing more, nothing else, and just because it involves black men in this case does not naturally make it racist.

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 04:02 PM
No offence, but I really cant be arsed engaging with you - i've noticed on many posts to a number of people you make wild stretches with what people say, rephrase them and then form them as questions. It's utterly pointless even attempting a dialogue with this kind of nonsense. Life's too short.

you don't actually want to defend your point of view or you can't?

That tends to suggest you do not like being questioned as I had guessed. You want the ability to say what you want, with no clapback or response, which is fine, I guess, but not how discussion works?

It's not nonsense, it's called debating, isn't that what you've been saying there isn't enough of?

PauLo
19-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Just to be clear - I am not personally offended or wound up by this nonsense but it is quite clearly a racial stereotype and I am baffled as to why some people are so happy to categorise it as the dreaded 'banter'.

This is where I stand too.

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I think the point is you can take things a stage too far in trying to stamp down on discrimination and the real points of contention, the real issues that people should be pulled up for, can lose there power and influence when a stereotype about black men is given the same value in terms of rooting out and standing up to racism. It is stereotyping, nothing more, nothing else, and just because it involves black men in this case does not naturally make it racist.

So stereotyping someone, because of their race, isn't racist?

meee
19-09-2017, 04:05 PM

PeterH
19-09-2017, 04:09 PM

Indeed. I cant imagine being a fan at Palace and thinking it is a good idea to sing that at one of our players

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 04:11 PM

People aren't racist out of nothing, racism was commonly accepted even as recently as 50 years ago, it was built on the fact that black people were used as slaves, treated as less than human, it was just commonly accepted that black people were inferior.

British society was built with an ingrained racism in it. Now these aren't violent stereotypes and culturally having a big dick is probably actually seen as a positive thing.

But these stereotypes, which were built up in a period alongside black people being considered as lesser or inferior, however positive their intention may be, re-enforce the whole stereotyping thing and re-enforce black people as not only being treated as other, but being treated as lesser.

It's not 'real' racism and stereotyping, it's about challenging the whole idea of viewing all people who are a little bit different to you as being the same.

The idea that progress being made on racism is linear is also a misconception, as you can see by the return of the alt-right and the KKK and the Nazi's in the US, for every bit of progress, there can be a regression, and the point of anti-racism groups highlighting these things isn't to oppress white folks (whatever some may say) It's to avoid progress that has been made regressing.

There was a story of a group of white teens trying to lynch an 8 year old in the states a few weeks back, in 2017!

The things that everybody is so happy that we have, we only have because people fought for them, and if you give up fighting, you go backwards, because those who want to drag things back to those times, still exist, albeit in a minority but whenever they get a chance to rear their heads, they will.

ExiledStirling
19-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Not to me. To me racism is discriminating against someone because of their ethnic background and/or skin colour. If the stereotype used are of the type 'they are thick', 'they smell', 'they are lazy' then that is a racist stereotype, not one saying they have big cocks, which in no way could be seen as limiting their career opportunities or having to deal with prejudice in their day to day life.

PauLo
19-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Not to me. To me racism is discriminating against someone because of their ethnic background and/or skin colour. If the stereotype used are of the type 'they are thick', 'they smell', 'they are lazy' then that is a racist stereotype, not one saying they have big cocks, which in no way could be seen as limiting their career opportunities or having to deal with prejudice in their day to day life.

A stereotype can still have racial overtones, though. There's nothing obviously offensive about other racial stereotypes like "black people like fried chicken and watermelon" either*, but it can still offend people because they've probably heard it all their life. It's lazy and outdated and needs to be stamped out the same way blackface is being stamped out (because some people still don't get how offensive that is)

*don't give me that "oh you thought that, so you must be racist" bullshit.

tsunamiman
19-09-2017, 04:36 PM
This kind of states my opinion better than I can.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/sep/19/manchester-united-racial-stereotyping-romelu-lukaku-song

Kidofwonder
19-09-2017, 04:36 PM

A stereotype based on race is still a racial stereotype.

I get you and I understand why you believe what you do and you're not necesarilly wrong just I think what the complainents are taking from things is that all racial stereotyping is bad because it perpetuates racial stereotyping of which some you agree is harmful and dangerous.

PauLo
19-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Also, I feel that the disclaimer that you don't have to be outwardly racist to say racist shit needs to be added to threads like this. I think half the frustration comes from that assumption.

Skin Up
19-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Caught the chant on YouTube and it appears to be sung to the tune of Made of Stone surely that redeems it a little? Maybe only a 20 point deduction rather than the planned 30?

mushroom
19-09-2017, 10:48 PM

Typical white privilege behaviour

mushroom
19-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Didn't there use to be a chant about Stuart Broad having a massive cock?

jimmy the gent
19-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Broad by name, broad by nature, evidently

mushroom
19-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Stuart Broad and his big pork sword

CP-RJW
19-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Same principle as the "Brighton take it up that bum" chant for me, regardless of how offensive various people think they are, they're shite, witless chants so shouldn't be encouraged.

racehorse-80s
19-09-2017, 11:35 PM
Statistically speaking Lukaku, who is of Congolese heritage, almost certainly has a penis larger than the average man

Having a longer ring finger than index finger also denotes a larger manhood , Glad to say i am living proof to that fact :o

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1968545/from-the-size-of-your-manhood-to-your-athletic-prowess-and-cancer-risk-your-finger-length-reveals-all/

PeterH
20-09-2017, 03:46 AM
Is there a chant about being scared of dogs?

Golf Boy
20-09-2017, 04:29 AM
Are hard working stereotypes allowed?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
20-09-2017, 05:16 AM
Celtic fans used to sing about Weighorst (a dirty honkey) being hung like a horse. I demand retrospective punishment for all their culpable fans despite the fact that all it made him do was grin from ear to ear everytime it was f*cking sung. A big cock is something to be f*cking proud of and I should know.

art malice
20-09-2017, 05:22 AM
Stuart Broad and his big pork sword

Bernard Langer and his big German wanger

Jon_C-Pal
20-09-2017, 05:28 AM

No, the definition of racism is to discriminate or prejudice a race of people to defame and make inferior to ones own race. Saying all black men have big dicks doesn't make white people superior, if anything quite the opposite.

Nostrils
20-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Having a longer ring finger than index finger also denotes a larger manhood , Glad to say i am living proof to that fact :o

In the interest of science, I have been attempting to stretch my ring finger and will continue to do so over a three month period. My only concern is that by stretching and elongating, I might surrender some girth (which I understand plays a very important role). All notes and chronological photographic evidence will be duly posted for your perusal.

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 06:11 AM
And we wonder why people call us Nigels

Jesus

thehalifaxman
20-09-2017, 06:25 AM
what if United fans had no idea of the racial stereotype and only know about the size of lukaku's dong. this would make kick it out the racists for jumping to conclusions.

yes. that's right. mind blown

also what is the sako chant?

art malice
20-09-2017, 06:32 AM
Eoin Morgan and his unfeasibly large organ

Raggy
20-09-2017, 06:59 AM
No, the definition of racism is to discriminate or prejudice a race of people to defame and make inferior to ones own race. Saying all black men have big dicks doesn't make white people superior, if anything quite the opposite.

Quite.

It's ironic that in a time where homophobia is under the spotlight, a chant complimenting a player on his physique is the one that gets people into trouble.

Jason
20-09-2017, 07:00 AM

It's ok. I think statements that are obviously a joke to the point where no reasonable person could take them seriously are ok.

Raggy
20-09-2017, 07:01 AM

It's a good line. But it will be tricky finding a song that it will scan to.

tsunamiman
20-09-2017, 07:05 AM
Stereotyping fosters discrimination.

Saying making an assumption about someone based on their race isn't a negative thing is ridiculous. Even if it's positive it's only because you're trying to highlight something else negative.

i.e. Thinking your girlfriend left you for a black man because you assume he has a large schlong rather than the more likely fact that you are a twat.

PIE "N" MASH
20-09-2017, 07:10 AM
Fans sing about a player having big cock, man with big cock not upset by it...people with little willies are.

I am not upset in the least,you can only piss with the cock you have:sob::sob::sob:

Shipsisourking
20-09-2017, 07:27 AM
I'm shocked that the filth have made up a chant.

PhuketEagle
20-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Yeah, must've taken all their collective brainpower to string 2 words together. (Or am I being derogatory/racist in my considered opinion?!) Maybe it was just observation, like Le Tiss's big nose? Lukaku could've stuffed a sweetcorn in his pants to fool everyone.

eagle mart
20-09-2017, 08:07 AM

Saying making an assumption about someone based on their race isn't a negative thing is ridiculous. Even if it's positive it's only because you're trying to highlight something else negative.

i.e. Thinking your girlfriend left you for a black man because you assume he has a large schlong rather than the more likely fact that you are a twat.

This thread has already been KOW'd - and you don't need to write a thesis on it. It's just a stupid sung by about 4 people becuase they think it's funny they can get the word penis and bellend into it.

in-exile
20-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Why should we care about Wank U?

Far East Eagle
20-09-2017, 08:56 AM
you don't actually want to defend your point of view or you can't?

That tends to suggest you do not like being questioned as I had guessed. You want the ability to say what you want, with no clapback or response, which is fine, I guess, but not how discussion works?

It's not nonsense, it's called debating, isn't that what you've been saying there isn't enough of?

The problem is, and I'm saying this as a socialist, you talk a lot of SJW bollocks. The rest of the world isn't the same as your university campus. HTH

Kidofwonder
20-09-2017, 09:36 AM
The problem is, and I'm saying this as a socialist, you talk a lot of SJW bollocks. The rest of the world isn't the same as your university campus. HTH

I just asked him to explain, i didn't sau anything more than that really

Kidofwonder
20-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Anyway this is from someone smarter than I. https://twitter.com/judeinlondon2/status/910415335106519040

Windsor_Eagle
20-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I doubt this adds anything useful to the debate, but Sakho controlled the ball excellently with his penis last night. True story.

Selhurst Celtic
20-09-2017, 10:04 AM
A big cock is something to be f*cking proud of and I should know.

I like a person who is proud of their partner. I bet you make a smashing couple.

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Ok, you are given a random maths test and told you will win 1million quid if get over 80%. You are told that you can be assisted by one of two people. A random British man of Singaporean descent or a random British man of Portugese descent. Who do you select?

Nigel_Scarfer
20-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Anyway this is from someone smarter than I. https://twitter.com/judeinlondon2/status/910415335106519040
Adrian Durham (of all people!) very succinctly put across the same argument on talksport yesterday evening. I had up to that point thought the song was just juvenile twattishness not worthy of being worked up about one way or the other.

Listening to his argument, I can see how it is offensive, although I don't think anyone who was signing it actually intended it to be or actually thought they were being racist. In my opinion, they are just juvenile twats signing a nonsense football song.

macstar
20-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Its an age thing, innit? The older you are the more grumpy you get..the more you think chants like this are childish

Selhurst Celtic
20-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Ok, you are given a random maths test and told you will win 1million quid if get over 80%. You are told that you can be assisted by one of two people. A random British man of Singaporean descent or a random British man of Portugese descent. Who do you select?

Whichever one is wearing glasses or looks a bit 'bookish'.

Nigel_Scarfer
20-09-2017, 11:33 AM
^^^that'll be the Singaporean then!

Nigel_Scarfer
20-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Its an age thing, innit? The older you are the more grumpy you get..the more you think chants like this are childish
Think so. Remember some of the nonsense songs and things we used to yell out from the back of compound 2. Completely hilarious to us at the time, but would look incredibly childish for anyone looking on.

Does anyone remember the "Timmeeee" chants to Tim Flowers when he was in goal for Blackburn at the Holmesdale or the "Seaman is a Jaffa" song against Arsenal for instance?

tsunamiman
20-09-2017, 12:49 PM

I have a Maths PhD so the probability of either helping me in any significant way is unlikely so the choice is irrelevant ;).

I don't get what the stereotype is here tbh. But the answer no matter what stereotype is used is a random selection surely.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
20-09-2017, 12:49 PM
And we wonder why people call us Nigels Pig-thick f*cking idiot Millwall fans mainly.... Eh?

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 12:59 PM
I have a Maths PhD so the probability of either helping me in any significant way is unlikely so the choice is irrelevant ;).

I don't get what the stereotype is here tbh. But the answer no matter what stereotype is used is a random selection surely.

Lol, fair enough.

People of Singaporean descent whether 1st or 2nd gen, are exceptionally high achievers academically, often in maths or tech related areas. Portugese i chose at random as a European group without an strong record in this area. There's a difference between a stereotype and a generalisation, and i would say it's a fair assumption that in the hypothetical situation a British Singaporean would statistically be more likely to have a maths based academic history than a British Portugese.

Selhurst Celtic
20-09-2017, 01:35 PM
What if he was of Portuguese/Goan extraction? Indians are well skill at Maths too.

PeterH
20-09-2017, 01:42 PM
But they have tiny cocks.

tsunamiman
20-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Lol, fair enough.

People of Singaporean descent whether 1st or 2nd gen, are exceptionally high achievers academically, often in maths or tech related areas. Portugese i chose at random as a European group without an strong record in this area. There's a difference between a stereotype and a generalisation, and i would say it's a fair assumption that in the hypothetical situation a British Singaporean would statistically be more likely to have a maths based academic history than a British Portugese.

Yes true, working in risk it is interesting that you are not allowed to discriminate on something that actually has statistical significance (Gender, Nationality etc) but these are usually causal problems based on something other than race which can be used to differentiate.

For people from Singapore to be able to travel and live in the UK they must be higher achievers than the average person from Singapore. Because the EU currently has freedom of movement this isn't necessarily true of portugal. So the difference isn't necessarily down to people from singapore being more intelligent just that we get the more intelligent Singaporeans (thanks autocorrect) coming to the UK and therefore creating brighter offspring. Which in itself breeds a stereotype.

Billyd
20-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Multi millionaire footballer getting sung about having a big cock. Shall we set up set up a go fund page to get him some support?

art malice
20-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Multi millionaire footballer getting sung about having a big cock. Shall we set up set up a go fund page to get him some support?

What, like some scaffolding?

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 01:58 PM
It's heartbreaking stuff. Apparently he's been in training all week, soldiering on as if nothing has happened. What an inspiration.

mroakley9
20-09-2017, 01:59 PM
What, like some scaffolding?

Probably need a crane to hold it up tbh

PoshPalace
20-09-2017, 05:28 PM
So do we have to also stop singing about our Serbian midfielder you will, in all probability, 'fuc8ing murder ya'?

Maidstoned Eagle
20-09-2017, 05:37 PM
So do we have to also stop singing about our Serbian midfielder you will, in all probability, 'fuc8ing murder ya'?

And a goalkeeper who,apparently,has the hands of God. Isnīt this offensive to followers of other deities and atheists?

EryrExile
20-09-2017, 07:15 PM

It would of course be utterly ridiculous to make a decision based simply on whether they're Singaporean or Portuguese, considering it's 2017 and we've surely developed as a society beyond such lazy and offensive stereotyping.

We'd have to know whether the Singaporean is one of those Chinese ones first.

Selhurst Celtic
20-09-2017, 07:16 PM
And a goalkeeper who,apparently,has the hands of God. Isnīt this offensive to followers of other deities and atheists?

There is only one God.

:vader:

danpalace07
20-09-2017, 07:24 PM
What I don't get it why you'd want to sing about a bloke's dick at the soccerball...

it's pretty casually racist (they wouldn't sing it if he was white) but most football fans don't like being told that they are being ignorant twats, especially the rags who will probably sing it louder

CP-RJW
20-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Is Serbians being murderers really a widely known and perpetuated stereotype?

EryrExile
20-09-2017, 07:31 PM

It's literally the only notable thing Serbia has ever done.

Selhurst Celtic
20-09-2017, 07:35 PM

CP-RJW
20-09-2017, 07:44 PM
It's literally the only notable thing Serbia has ever done.
I just don't think the average Brit would care enough about Serbia to even bother stereotyping them, unlike black men's penises for god knows what reason.

PoshPalace
20-09-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure, but the second verse, aired by the back of block B, was "he comes from Serbia, he'll traffic your daughter" which probably is a bit near the knuckle.

CP-RJW
20-09-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure, but the second verse, aired by the back of block B, was "he comes from Serbia, he'll traffic your daughter" which probably is a bit near the knuckle.
Ah yeah that's a bit below the belt, hope Luka hasn't heard that.

Icy
21-09-2017, 10:35 AM
I like a person who is proud of their partner. I bet you make a smashing couple.

west country boy
21-09-2017, 10:38 AM
It's literally the only notable thing Serbia has ever done.:lux:

big bad John
21-09-2017, 04:54 PM
So I assume they will put a stop to fans singing "Does your butler know you're here?" to the jolly old Fulhamista's. God forbid the white chattering classes get stereotyped as having someone at home scrubbing the jacuzzi, whilst one is enjoying one's Saturday afternoon, imbibing in some Chardo and doing a little slumming down at the Cottage.

CP-RJW
22-09-2017, 03:55 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41356197 It appears that Lukaku doesn't think the chant is a fun bit of banter.

PeterH
22-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Case in point - when we go there next week - would it be offensive (in the Kick It Out fashion) to sing songs about him having a tiny cock?

BERT'S HEAD
22-09-2017, 04:05 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41356197 It appears that Lukaku doesn't think the chant is a fun bit of banter.

We will never know. His agent would put that out as a matter of course.

ebyeeckeagle
22-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Case in point - when we go there next week - would it be offensive (in the Kick It Out fashion) to sing songs about him having a tiny cock?

If people want to sing about another blokes willy, that's up to them. Whatever rocks their boat.

Icy
22-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Brighton will be all over this