PDA

View Full Version : First Choice keeper

palace4me
19-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Since there has been no poll since Steve left.

Who should be first choice Goalkeeper from now until we sign a new keeper?

This isn't about who is right for the future, so no moo option, it's just about who play until we sign someone else.

costello
19-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Speroni

andyocpfc
19-09-2017, 09:25 PM
Jules.

Kirby
19-09-2017, 09:26 PM
No brainer. Jules.

boxthorncutter
19-09-2017, 09:33 PM
this might be the thread/poll to finally kill off Owngoal.

Nigel_Scarfer
19-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Behind a comfort blanket of Sakho, Tompkins and Luka, both should be just about ok until 12.00am on 1 January at which time our new number one will surely be unveiled. In meantime, sentimentality aside, I would have to go with Waaaaaayyyyyynnnnnne (why hasn't this taken off like the moronic Steeeeeeeve chants did last year?)

palace4me
19-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Behind a comfort blanket of Sakho, Tompkins and Luka, both should be just about ok until 12.00am on 1 January

You think we are buying at the start of the window?

More like Janurary 31st 11pm.

jobiinthelastmi
19-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Behind a comfort blanket of Sakho, Tompkins and Luka, both should be just about ok until 12.00am on 1 January at which time our new number one will surely be unveiled. In meantime, sentimentality aside, I would have to go with Waaaaaayyyyyynnnnnne (why hasn't this taken off like the moronic Steeeeeeeve chants did last year?)

Because Waaaaayyyynnnnnnee is a poor keeper?

BarcaPalace
19-09-2017, 10:06 PM
Speroni.

Blind_Eagle
19-09-2017, 10:34 PM
With sahko back in defence, Hennessay.

Sorry Jules. :(

cpfcben
19-09-2017, 10:41 PM
pointless poll. the reality is Jules was poor today. we almost conceded two goals from two terrible clearances. get WH back behind sakho and we have the short term answer

Loafster
19-09-2017, 11:05 PM
jules no doubt

Gregz41
19-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Felt a lot calmer with Sakho and Speroni at the back. Mainly down to Sakho, I expect. But I wouldn't be opposed to Speroni coming in for Hennessey.

mcmean
19-09-2017, 11:28 PM
We need positivity at the moment. Jules will give everyone a huge lift

mcmean
19-09-2017, 11:29 PM
pointless poll. the reality is Jules was poor today. we almost conceded two goals from two terrible clearances. get WH back behind sakho and we have the short term answer

I disagree. There was one sliced clearance but apart from that he made the few saves he had to well. Solid

Owngoal
19-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Toothless terriers. Jules against Southampton absolutely dreadful. Some of you live on another planet.

CP-RJW
19-09-2017, 11:38 PM
It appears that people are voting with their hearts instead of their heads. Wayne is poor but still far more up to it than Jules, you have to go back to early 2015 to find his last decent performance in a premier league match.

Gregz41
19-09-2017, 11:53 PM
It appears that people are voting with their hearts instead of their heads. Wayne is poor but still far more up to it than Jules, you have to go back to early 2015 to find his last decent performance in a premier league match.

2016! He had a fine game from memory up at Old Trafford in the away game just before the cup final.

Heppolette
19-09-2017, 11:55 PM

Rather starved of opportunities under Pardew who's shown himself to be a poor judge but BBC Man of the Match away to Man Utd April 2016 when he kept the score respectable.

Stellavista
19-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Neither. We needed/need a new keeper.

Lego Knight
20-09-2017, 01:36 AM
Toothless terriers. Jules against Southampton absolutely dreadful. Some of you live on another planet.

Quelle surprise.

grand aigle
20-09-2017, 06:59 AM

Certainly a different one to the planet you inhabit!

JDawg
20-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Interesting one.

WH has consistently been between the sticks during the period we've been poor (did it start with his howler against Villa?); JS was between the sticks in a period we did consistently better. Is this solely down to the respective keepers? Of course not.

Jules starting would certainly give the crowd a lift. We know he'd run through walls for the club so we identify with him. But were there signs of ring rust last night? Also, given the stakes, we have to park any emotion as a win would give the crowd a bigger lift. We don't get to see them in training. Perhaps Hennessey trains well but then has the crowd on his back at the weekend. Who knows?

We are not expected to get anything from this weekend's game so to an extent it's a free hit. If ever there was an opportunity to try out Jules in the league, this is probably it. If nothing else it may push Wayne.

But then I'm not making the decisions.

aderuk1
20-09-2017, 07:30 AM
Give them both 45 mins each game. Keeps everyone happy till we get a new keeper...

scro
20-09-2017, 07:35 AM
I think Julian is far from ideal but Hennesey has been at the scene of the crime too often not to be replaced even if only to satisfy a nagging doubt jules would be performing a more reliable job.

Jordan's Jacket
20-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Neither of them are very good

strolling bones
20-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Hennessey has be related to kevin miller, he's about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard and is probably on his knees praying to god , thanking him that he still gets paid for being shit at his job .

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 07:47 AM
So disappointing that for far too long a manager is left with choosing between a GK passed his sell by date and one who is so out of his depth.

:(

Tomo
20-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Neither is the honest answer.

However, we can say Jules "nearly" gave goals away, but we have one keeper who has gifted actual goals to the oppo.
I think Jules now needs to be given a run of games, which I've been pretty reluctant about previously.

JDawg
20-09-2017, 07:55 AM
So disappointing that for far too long a manager is left with choosing between a GK passed his sell by date and one who is so out of his depth.

:(

The only irritation with Pulis's transfer window is that he didn't bring Butland.

adman50
20-09-2017, 07:56 AM

Please confirm if you attended last night.

in-exile
20-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Please confirm if you attended last night.Do you fit through the turnstiles?

jmemour
20-09-2017, 08:07 AM
I don't think anyone (like myself) who votes Speroni is saying that he's the answer. We all love the guy, but he clearly isn't. Hennessey has consistently cost us goals and points, and at an even more alarming rate this season. Liverpool aside he's been awful in every game, he's in such horrendous form that he needs dropping and told he can earn his place back in training because at the moment he's atrocious.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Hennessey is currently the better of the 2 keepers, a game against Huddersfield reserves where he was never really tested is not enough to take him out of the team. If he comes in for Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and ships goals where do we turn?

I think it was quite clear last night that the defence that started the second half was probably our strongest minus TFM at RB. (Argument to be had between Dann/Tomkins) but they were far more responsible for the clean sheet that Jules was who was very well protected by them.

Get Sakho back in the first XI, get Souare there too, and then lets judge how the defence and goalkeeper are doing.

adman50
20-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Do you fit through the turnstiles?

Aye just like every home game chap.

You?

Kirby
20-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Hennessey is currently the better of the 2 keepers

Disagree wholeheartedly.

I want him back in because he's the better 'keeper. It's nothing to do with his club status.

Owngoal
20-09-2017, 08:59 AM
[/B]

Certainly a different one to the planet you inhabit!

LIAR - you said you had blocked me. Am I going to have to take out a restraining order?

Owngoal
20-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Please confirm if you attended last night.

Yep, had to sit in the awful Lower Holmesdale which was a fiasco as the lovely HF took over the centre of the stand so they could wave their flags and not bother with the football. Assume you stood with your back to the pitch?

Eaglesfan1
20-09-2017, 09:03 AM
Speroni.

I've still not seen anything from Hennessey to convince me that he's actually any better.

Have very little confidence in either though.

Dom the Eagle
20-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Let's remember that Hennessey looked half decent last season with Sakho in front of him.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Disagree wholeheartedly.

I want him back in because he's the better 'keeper. It's nothing to do with his club status.

Based on a reserve game last night, playing Ipswich U18s, or League 1 bolton last year? We haven't seen Jules be tested for 18 months and that was one good game (MotM) and one really poor one.

Obviously the only way to be sure is to play him but i worry at PL level he will be exposed and that we would have fared not better had he been in goal so far this season.

No matter which is in goal, the key will be getting a solid defensive structure in front of them to protect them better, and not leave players unmarked in our box.

eagleborn
20-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Disagree wholeheartedly.

And that's it really. It's just a matter of opinions and disagreement. If Hodgson comes in and chooses Hennessey (which is still to be seen) it's because he thinks he is the better keeper. We just have to accept that decision.

Kirby
20-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Based on a reserve game last night, playing Ipswich U18s, or League 1 bolton last year? We haven't seen Jules be tested for 18 months and that was one good game (MotM) and one really poor one.

He did nothing to warrant being dropped in the first place IMO, especially not for a 'keeper as limited as Hennessey.

I remember going to Fulham away on the last day of the season and thinking 'I bet Pulis is going to persist with WH from now on. This is a mistake.'

I haven't changed my mind since.

The only way to prove it is to give him a sustained run in the team, although starting with City, United and Chelsea probably isn't the fairest indicator :D

Eaglefoz
20-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Needs to be an 'either' as both just as good as each other. option in the poll.

Now Mama in front of them, either will be okay.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 09:35 AM
He did nothing to warrant being dropped in the first place IMO, especially not for a 'keeper as limited as Hennessey.

I remember going to Fulham away on the last day of the season and thinking 'I bet Pulis is going to persist with WH from now on. This is a mistake.'

I haven't changed my mind since.

..and yet you have many hailing how good a manager Pulis was. Then there is Allardyce and Pardew and through all that time Hennessey has been picked over Speroni. 2 season of consistency in that.

I think you were right about Pulis and my suspicions were that the change Millen made to Pulis team for the Emirates was to bring Jules in for Hennessey. We conceded 10 in the first 5 games that season which is more than this. It is not just down to the keeper though and i think we have more problems there than which of 2 keepers of not too dissimilar ability (albeit different strengths and weaknesses) we choose.

Saturdays goal Schlupp is turned far too easy at LB, Hennessey get something on it, and probably should have done a little better but i don't think he can hold it. He is unfortunate in that he manages to pick out the unmarked player in our box who scuffs an shot and bambi on ice cannot sort his feet out.

Could Hennessey have done better? Yes, Could Schlupp, the midfield, and Ward have done better? Yes too them too.

Yet when we let a player waltz through the defence, take a shot from close range he saves with his legs and their were groans? Why he did all you could ask to save a goal there.

If we sort out the defence, put proper protection in the midfield IMO that will have more of an effect on goals conceded than changing keeper.

mcmean
20-09-2017, 09:41 AM
..and yet you have many hailing how good a manager Pulis was. Then there is Allardyce and Pardew and through all that time Hennessey has been picked over Speroni. 2 season of consistency in that.

I think you were right about Pulis and my suspicions were that the change Millen made to Pulis team for the Emirates was to bring Jules in for Hennessey. We conceded 10 in the first 5 games that season which is more than this. It is not just down to the keeper though and i think we have more problems there than which of 2 keepers of not too dissimilar ability (albeit different strengths and weaknesses) we choose.

Saturdays goal Schlupp is turned far too easy at LB, Hennessey get something on it, and probably should have done a little better but i don't think he can hold it. He is unfortunate in that he manages to pick out the unmarked player in our box who scuffs an shot and bambi on ice cannot sort his feet out.

Could Hennessey have done better? Yes, Could Schlupp, the midfield, and Ward have done better? Yes too them too.

Yet when we let a player waltz through the defence, take a shot from close range he saves with his legs and their were groans? Why he did all you could ask to save a goal there.

If we sort out the defence, put proper protection in the midfield IMO that will have more of an effect on goals conceded than changing keeper.

This is the key issue here. A keeper who is clearly not premier league standard, and low on confidence shouldn't be in starting line-up.

Kirby
20-09-2017, 09:42 AM

I genuinely think the only reason they all picked him is because he offers height.

I can't think of anything else he does better than Speroni anyway, apart from kicking it a bit further.

Windsor_Eagle
20-09-2017, 09:47 AM
If we could have Speroni's shot-stopping ability and Hennessey's kicking, we'd have the keeper we need!

mcmean
20-09-2017, 09:50 AM
If we could have Speroni's shot-stopping ability and Hennessey's kicking, we'd have the keeper we need!

:eek: We need to put an end to this fallacy. WH's kicking and distribution is awful

johnbush
20-09-2017, 09:51 AM
Why should I vote? Whoever plays in goal is nothing to do with me, that's Roy's choice, poor chap. I'll support whoever it is - unlike some on here.

If it's to be Hennessey I've no doubt he'll be roundly condemned for any goals he lets in, regardless of whose fault it is, and that obsessive Jobbe bloke will become positively suicidal.

Windsor_Eagle
20-09-2017, 09:53 AM
:eek: We need to put an end to this fallacy. WH's kicking and distribution is awful

He boots it very long. There is no denying that. Far further than Speroni can boot it.

Now, that is not a major, major thing, and I am not suggesting that WH can land it on the head of a pin, but when the ball gets quickly passed back to him and he's under pressure I feel more confident that he'll clear the half-way line with the ball than I do Speroni.

mcmean
20-09-2017, 09:56 AM
He boots it very long. There is no denying that. Far further than Speroni can boot it.

Now, that is not a major, major thing, and I am not suggesting that WH can land it on the head of a pin, but when the ball gets quickly passed back to him and he's under pressure I feel more confident that he'll clear the half-way line with the ball than I do Speroni.

I agree with you that it's not a major thing, but I'd rather a 'keeper who can pick out our own players, rather than that of the opposition

eagleborn
20-09-2017, 09:57 AM
I genuinely think the only reason they all picked him is because he offers height.

I can't think of anything else he does better than Speroni anyway, apart from kicking it a bit further.

But the pertinent point is a series of successive managers have seen something in him over speroni that they think is worth having in the team. we all agree neither is good enough. But I'm happy to (and the rest of us need to) acce T that what the manager sees in this.

It's similar that I (and others) want puncheon dropped and don't understand what he brings to the team. But given that managers continue to play him we just have to accept it.

Martin H
20-09-2017, 10:07 AM
"............

Now, that is not a major, major thing........

I am not sure this is right. I think it's actually quite a big issue. The problem is that every clearance, deadball or otherwise, falls much shorter which brings our forwards deeper and invites their defence and midfield forward. This compresses the teams and makes it far easier for opponents to press and contain us. Clearances are even shorter in open play and if on his left foot and that could be even worse. Bearing in mind how many times our keeper touches the ball this all adds up and has a big impact.

Thinking about it Man City are probably the worst team to do this against.

Kirby
20-09-2017, 10:09 AM
If we're picking WH because he can kick it long we may as well put Damien Delaney in goal.

Tomo
20-09-2017, 10:12 AM
But the pertinent point is a series of successive managers have seen something in him over speroni that they think is worth having in the team. we all agree neither is good enough. But I'm happy to (and the rest of us need to) acce T that what the manager sees in this.

It's similar that I (and others) want puncheon dropped and don't understand what he brings to the team. But given that managers continue to play him we just have to accept it.

Also, we've spent the last couple of seasons trying to start with a new number 1 to replace Hennesey. It's not worked out for whatever reason but Allardyce was the only manager who really accepted that Wayne could be a proper number 1 keeper.
Even before the season started FdB said it was touch and go over who would be our number 1.

SilentAssassin
20-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Speroni 100%... players have confidence and so do the fans, that helps a lot having the backing of fans behind you as a keeper.

elgin eagle
20-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Needs to be an 'either' as both just as good as each other. option in the poll.

Now Mama in front of them, either will be okay.

Hope so. Speroni is technically better, but old. Weak on crosses and kicking on the wa(y)ne. Hennessey probably became a keeper due to his size and not being any good as a defender or striker. We need a new number one obviously but hopefully these two can keep us in touch with the other strugglers until January.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I agree with you that it's not a major thing, but I'd rather a 'keeper who can pick out our own players, rather than that of the opposition

However Speroni does not do that either. If they get it from Jules kick they are usually into our half, with Hennessey they are some way into their own half bringing the ball out. it is not a huge issue but it does change where you have to start defending.

wawman_15
20-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Players like Jules are what we need to get out of this mess. Being backs to the wall brings out the best in him too.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Hope so. Speroni is technically better, but old. Weak on crosses and kicking on the wa(y)ne. Hennessey probably became a keeper due to his size and not being any good as a defender or striker. We need a new number one obviously but hopefully these two can keep us in touch with the other strugglers until January.

I am not convinced we will sign a keeper in January. Not because i do not think we need one but because of who is likely to be available at an affordable price. If you look at Begovic for example, the deal was all done to go to Bournemouth in January but because Chelsea could not bring in a replacement in January it was put back to June.

Are we therefore going to find a clear number 1 who is available for a price we can afford in january?

If we are cut adrift i am not sure we will spend the money. If, from where we are now, we have got ourselves back into the pack then i think there is a chance that they will put it off until the summer when a wider range of options are likely to be available.

Eaglesfan1
20-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Serious question.

Other than being able to boot the ball further (but still very inaccurately) what is Hennessey significantly better at than Speroni?

Heath eagle
20-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Is the correct answer

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Serious question.

Other than being able to boot the ball further (but still very inaccurately) what is Hennessey significantly better at than Speroni?

Has a greater reach due to his additional height.

Conversely can you evidence based on anything seen in the past 18 months-2 years what Speroni is better at than Wayne?

Kirby
20-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Conversely can you evidence based on anything seen in the past 18 months-2 years what Speroni is better at than Wayne?

Goalkeeping.

Windsor_Eagle
20-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Goalkeeping.

:supergrin:

elgin eagle
20-09-2017, 10:58 AM
I am not convinced we will sign a keeper in January. Not because i do not think we need one but because of who is likely to be available at an affordable price. If you look at Begovic for example, the deal was all done to go to Bournemouth in January but because Chelsea could not bring in a replacement in January it was put back to June.

Are we therefore going to find a clear number 1 who is available for a price we can afford in january?

If we are cut adrift i am not sure we will spend the money. If, from where we are now, we have got ourselves back into the pack then i think there is a chance that they will put it off until the summer when a wider range of options are likely to be available.

The scandinavian one we were close to signing but left it too late. Maybe we have opened negotiations now so there are no hitches this time? Or Blake the jamaican? Seems to be some issue with him being Jamaican or something. Like Cool Runnings all over again.

Eaglefoz
20-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Hennessy
Can look dodgy on crosses (patting them down not catching)
Slow ground work (saves and closing down).
Height/reach is an advantage and gets him to some balls that Julian wouldn't.
indifferent distribution
Jules
Superb shot stopper
Not good on crosses but when he does get there, normally catches them.
Good ground work (saves and closing down)
Distribution now weak (as seen last night) kicks not reaching halfway line more often than not.
As I said earlier in the thread, either keeper will do, although with the added protection of Mama I slightly favour Speroni, without Mama I would have stuck with Wayne.

Palestinian
20-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Much as it pains me to say, based on last night I didn't see much from Jules to indicate that he would be better than Wayne and had forgotten how one footed Jules is.

The only plus point at the moment is that Sakho's organisation of the defence will help whoever is between the posts - it was very noticeable that WH improved considerably with Sakho in front of him at the start of the year.

jobiinthelastmi
20-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Serious question.

No part of his game is better than Speroni's

He's taller but it makes him vulnerable to shot stopping low down (which he's been caught out on) plus he doesn't catch or use the extra height anyway.

One on ones. No
Positioning, no way
Footwork, HA....
Distrubution, long maybe.. short no chance
Shot stopping, not for me
Age, yes, this is the defining factor!

adman50
20-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Yep, had to sit in the awful Lower Holmesdale which was a fiasco as the lovely HF took over the centre of the stand so they could wave their flags and not bother with the football. Assume you stood with your back to the pitch?

Nah I agree with you about the flags- I was in block D about row 15 I think.

All about the more civilised upper!

adman50
20-09-2017, 12:47 PM
No way whilst Margetson is on the coaching staff Wayne will be dropped.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Much as it pains me to say, based on last night I didn't see much from Jules to indicate that he would be better than Wayne and had forgotten how one footed Jules is.

The only plus point at the moment is that Sakho's organisation of the defence will help whoever is between the posts - it was very noticeable that WH improved considerably with Sakho in front of him at the start of the year.

Agree. That is exactly where i am on the GK issue.

andyocpfc
20-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Did Wayne actually improve, or did we just restrict the opposition to less chances because of Mama and Tomkins decent defending.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Did Wayne actually improve, or did we just restrict the opposition to less chances because of Mama and Tomkins decent defending.

Either way the goalkeeping was less of an issue.

JDawg
20-09-2017, 02:48 PM
Is the correct answer

If unhelpful given we can do **** all about this until January and we have to play one of them until then.

Owngoal
20-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Nah I agree with you about the flags- I was in block D about row 15 I think.

All about the more civilised upper!

Yep, view from the Upper is for the superior and taller supporter. Thought the view from the disabled section was fine as well (checked it out after all the bitching on here).

Owngoal
20-09-2017, 02:56 PM
No way whilst Margetson is on the coaching staff Wayne will be dropped.

But previous GK felt the same. He was therefore ridiculed about eating pies.

teesdale99
20-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Is the truth but not helpful as we don't have another option. Speroni has made some spectacular saves and is a legend but I'm afraid he was found out in his advancing years in the premier league with his inability to handle crosses - teams began to exploit this even more than they do with Hen (who should command his area far better for someone of his size)

Hen kicking is superior.

I'd probably give speroni a go purely on the basis that it would ignite a bit of passion in the crowd and it's one of the few changes we can make to personnel that might be an improvement other than the obvious players coming back from injury.

4 cryingOutloud
20-09-2017, 03:06 PM
No part of his game is better than Speroni's

He's taller but it makes him vulnerable to shot stopping low down (which he's been caught out on) plus he doesn't catch or use the extra height anyway.

One on ones. No
Positioning, no way
Footwork, HA....
Distrubution, long maybe.. short no chance
Shot stopping, not for me
Age, yes, this is the defining factor!

You're kidding, right?

Get a pair of spec's if you've not seen WH catch crosses, because he frequently does. Conversely, Speroni just stands on his goal line for crosses and relies on the central defenders to head them away, or parries the ball into harms way far too often. Like with a lot of people, you're getting too sentimental over Speroni.

Neither are top class goalkeepers and they both have serious faults and need replacing, but they're what we have so suck it up.

grand aigle
20-09-2017, 03:11 PM

But hardly ever uses it and rarely catches stuff up high anyway!

Biggineagle
20-09-2017, 03:14 PM
The Hen.

beef
20-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Jules - no doubt in my mind.

beef
20-09-2017, 03:56 PM
You're kidding, right?

Get a pair of spec's if you've not seen WH catch crosses, because he frequently does. Conversely, Speroni just stands on his goal line for crosses and relies on the central defenders to head them away, or parries the ball into harms way far too often. Like with a lot of people, you're getting too sentimental over Speroni.

Neither are top class goalkeepers and they both have serious faults and need replacing, but they're what we have so suck it up.

Nobody is saying Speroni is perfect. We know he's past his best and the club should have signed a number 1 in the summer. He's still better than Hennessey though.

WH's poor positioning, parries, flapping and slowness are evident in every game.

meee
20-09-2017, 03:58 PM
http://static.foot01.com/img/images/1024x768/2017/Jul/08/om-mandanda-a-vide-son-casier-a-crystal-palace-marseille-frissonne-iconsport_29117674-2,185693.jpg

4 cryingOutloud
20-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Nobody is saying Speroni is perfect. We know he's past his best and the club should have signed a number 1 in the summer. He's still better than Hennessey though.

WH's poor positioning, parries, flapping and slowness are evident in every game.

I disagree. He's not better than Hennessey who's positioning is just as good as Speroni's, and Speroni is the undouted king of parrying the ball away, usually to the feet of the opposition. Big men always look to be slow when compared to smaller men, but it's an illusion, and I have seen Speroni Flap and panic very often. The only real difference is that Speroni loves to be spectacular to please the adoring fans, but TBH, I don't care who's in goal, because they're just as bad, or good as each other. Neither is anywhere near as good as we need.

danpalace07
20-09-2017, 11:06 PM
a new quality number one

failing that, Jules. Sick of the sight of Calamity Wayne now

grand aigle
21-09-2017, 06:50 AM
I disagree. He's not better than Hennessey who's positioning is just as good as Speroni's, and Speroni is the undouted king of parrying the ball away, usually to the feet of the opposition. Big men always look to be slow when compared to smaller men, but it's an illusion, and I have seen Speroni Flap and panic very often. The only real difference is that Speroni loves to be spectacular to please the adoring fans, but TBH, I don't care who's in goal, because they're just as bad, or good as each other. Neither is anywhere near as good as we need.

Oh just like Hennessey v Southampton you mean?? And plenty of other times too!

andyocpfc
21-09-2017, 07:16 AM
Look back to how many times during the Premier League Wayne has been the MOM or even got any marking over a 6/7. Think back to Jules and he was regularly the MOM and just look back to that infamous game against Chelsea at home where John Terry scored the own goal. Jules was colossal - Yes, he's a bit older now but does a goalie really lose much of the talents in the space of a couple of years. I'm convinced Wayne is picked because of his size alone and the fact he's the Welsh national keeper.

Lombardo's hair
21-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Voted for JS not because I think he is the answer but because I think he is more agile and a better decision maker. than WH but is it more to do with nostalgia? JS has made errors. The one v Huddersfield 6 years ago was awful and there have been others. But I can't remember

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 08:25 AM
http://static.foot01.com/img/images/1024x768/2017/Jul/08/om-mandanda-a-vide-son-casier-a-crystal-palace-marseille-frissonne-iconsport_29117674-2,185693.jpg

Please ban pictures of this abortion of a player and saviour according to so many of you but not me. You can always use the picture from last season against Bolton of Jules flying through the air, until the embarrassment of someone pointing out the shot went wide. This thread yet again points out that many of you haven't got a clue about who our best keeper is (and I know Hennessy has faults but he is No 1 despite Jules still being given the shirt by SP)

Nigelbrag
21-09-2017, 08:49 AM
We all accept that Julian Speroni is not the answer long term, but we are looking at a solution Now to restore belief. His most important and vital contribution is that he brings stability and confidence to the defenders around him as we have seen on countless of occasions in the past, unfortunately Hennessey does not instill that in his defenders.
There is no doubt we Will bring in a new keeper in January, but for NOW to stop this losing mentality we need to take action to restore players confidence as a Keeper plays a major role in that, and if that means restoring JS in preference then that is what it should be.

viking's no1
21-09-2017, 09:08 AM
..This thread yet again points out that many of you haven't got a clue about who our best keeper is..

I would have thought the clue is in the fact that nearly 3 out of every 4 who voted for JS. Try looking a little harder next time.

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 09:22 AM
I would have thought the clue is in the fact that nearly 3 out of every 4 who voted for JS. Try looking a little harder next time.

Yeah and you all said Steve was the answer. Shame that none of the coaches, except for the unofficial one SP, has agreed with you. There are some intelligent posters who don't let sentiment get in the way of judging ability. Look at the highlights of the match - they match what I saw on the night for both keepers, nothing to do.

Kirby
21-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Anyone who doesn't recognise Mandanda was by far the best of our three goalkeepers is talking utter bollocks.

glenn.f
21-09-2017, 09:32 AM
Owngoal your defense of Hennessey is commendable although bordering on the side of lunacy in the extent of it. But you have got to admit Wayne hasn't been very good since he became our number one. Although his kicking may be superior there has been way too many errors that have resulted in a huge amount of goals against us over time. Granted there has also been numerous errors by outfield players that have put him in unfortunate situations but it would actually be nice for Wayne to bail us out of a few of these situations once in a while. How often do you hear a report and or watch a game and you see the words "fantastic save by Hennessey". Very rarely when you consider the amount of times Speroni would make a significant contribution in the past. So you can hardly chastise anybody who feels Speroni is deserving of being number one for the time being. It may be that should Julian get the nod, he may struggle and eventually Hennessey gets another chance, but for now there is plenty of doubt in the ability of Hennessey to entitle the question

Mad Raschic Ken
21-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Neither of them are good enough, but there have been so many errors from Hennessey that Speroni deserves the opportunity in my opinion. If he doesn't perform Hennessey can come back in. At the moment the lack of any competition for a starting place is unhealthy.

Far East Eagle
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Anyone who doesn't recognise Mandanda was by far the best of our three goalkeepers is talking utter bollocks.

I really don't understand the situation with him. He was excellent before us, by all accounts is playing very well again in France now. Why wasn't he given the chance here?

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Please ban pictures of this abortion of a player and saviour according to so many of you but not me. You can always use the picture from last season against Bolton of Jules flying through the air, until the embarrassment of someone pointing out the shot went wide. This thread yet again points out that many of you haven't got a clue about who our best keeper is (and I know Hennessy has faults but he is No 1 despite Jules still being given the shirt by SP)

Christ, LET IT GO MAN. PLEASE.

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:51 AM
I really don't understand the situation with him. He was excellent before us, by all accounts is playing very well again in France now. Why wasn't he given the chance here?

Probably didn't settle. It happens with players. Most people understand that. Well, except Own Goal. He thinks Mandanda was purposely trying to single handidly ruin the football club from the inside.

Far East Eagle
21-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Probably didn't settle. It happens with players. Most people understand that. Well, except Own Goal. He thinks Mandanda was purposely trying to single handidly ruin the football club from the inside.

It's a shame because he was a genuinely exciting prospect. Let' s see what January brings!

red&blue_moomin
21-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Owngoal is clearly WHs dad so you know.......

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Owngoal is clearly WHs dad so you know.......

Are you Jule's sister?

smoll
21-09-2017, 10:11 AM
We all accept that Julian Speroni is not the answer long term, but we are looking at a solution Now to restore belief. His most important and vital contribution is that he brings stability and confidence to the defenders around him as we have seen on countless of occasions in the past, unfortunately Hennessey does not instill that in his defenders.
There is no doubt we Will bring in a new keeper in January, but for NOW to stop this losing mentality we need to take action to restore players confidence as a Keeper plays a major role in that, and if that means restoring JS in preference then that is what it should be.
How do you know we'll definitely sign another keeper? We should have done in August and we didn't when we all know we should have so I don't trust us to do the obvious anymore. We all knew we needed more than 1 striker but we didn't address that either

Martin H
21-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I am still not convinced about the clamour for the return of Jules. It feels to me to be a combination of nostalgia and mostly the building frustration with Henn. I actually think Henn has been 'OK' so far this season. OK isn't good enough going forward but it is better than much of last year, so.... TBH I just want the best keeper on the day and I don't get to choose anyway so over to Roy.

I would say that Speroni at his best, which I remember well, would be an understandable choice. But I also remember how his distribution all but disintegrated (accuracy and distance), his struggle with crosses returned and his shot stopping started to dip to 'normal' instead of the 'pretty awesome' levels of before. He was like all of us, losing his form as he ages. On my personal 'panic' barometer, the situation has reversed. I used to panic when the ball went anywhere near Henn and be surprised if it went in with Speroni. However, now it's flipped around, especially when it's played back to him awkwardly or when he is under pressure.

None of this is intended to be disrespectful, it's a description. Neither is it saying Henn is good enough but it is why I would go with Henn still.

Whoever is chosen is going to have to be on top form and make a save or two and take some crosses as there is no way we will keep them at their end :D If they come out of Saturday with a clean sheet it will have had to have been a great performance.

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 10:13 AM

So you didn't see the massacre of goals he let in recently? He was so good for us that he was number 3 keeper and beaten by two keepers acknowledged by all on here as being not good enough. Why would anyone in their right mind think he was any good?

mroakley9
21-09-2017, 10:17 AM
So you didn't see the massacre of goals he let in recently? He was so good for us that he was number 3 keeper and beaten by two keepers acknowledged by all on here as being not good enough. Why would anyone in their right mind think he was any good?

https://i.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.webp

JamTheEagle
21-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Anyone other than WH at this point, it's felt like this for nearly 2 seasons.

red&blue_moomin
21-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Are you Jule's sister?

Yep.

How you can back a keeper that has consistently cocked it up for three seasons now I don't know. He costs us at least 6 to 8 points a season.. What the hell was he doing against Southampton. He's got more assists than most of our team this season.

Kirby
21-09-2017, 10:29 AM

:clown:

GanbareWashi
21-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Let's just see what happens when Sakho plays for us again in the prem. Any keeper will improve/ look better when he is in the team.

palace4me
21-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Do you fit through the turnstiles?

Neging me for starting this thread, wow.

grand aigle
21-09-2017, 12:42 PM

what does that even mean?? You need help boy!

4 cryingOutloud
21-09-2017, 03:58 PM

You're kidding! Dann & Delaney where always on their toes when Speroni was regularly in goal, because they knew he wouldn't come off his line for anything, and his ability of claiming crosses is far worse than Hennessey, infact non existent. I just wish people would judge players on ability and not on their longevity and loyalty to the club. That doesn't win matches or make them a better player.

4 cryingOutloud
21-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Yep.

How you can back a keeper that has consistently cocked it up for three seasons now I don't know. He costs us at least 6 to 8 points a season.. What the hell was he doing against Southampton. He's got more assists than most of our team this season.

As I recall, Hennessey saved us many points last season. Obviously you didn't see the Chelsea and Arsenal games. TBH, Neither is good enough to be a regular premiership goalkeeper, but until we can bring in a new one, we have to make do with what we've got. Regarding Southampton, where the fruck were the defenders? Hennessey made a save and everyone watched the ball, and lets not forget Ward on the line appearing to leap out of the way. Man, I can remember some howlers Speroni has made over the years, and the spectacular crowd pleasing dives he's made when a simple catch would have sufficed. Perhaps if we had a sound defense, our goalkeepers would do a lot better, but let's ignore that fact.

Martin H
21-09-2017, 04:26 PM
...... I just wish people would judge players on ability and not on their longevity and loyalty to the club. .......

I would add 'not on who they like and who they don't'

PerthCPFC
21-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Julian

CPFC.1990
21-09-2017, 05:03 PM
You're kidding! Dann & Delaney where always on their toes when Speroni was regularly in goal, because they knew he wouldn't come off his line for anything, and his ability of claiming crosses is far worse than Hennessey, infact non existent. I just wish people would judge players on ability and not on their longevity and loyalty to the club. That doesn't win matches or make them a better player.

WOW! More bullshit from you.....

The Otter
21-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I think there is definitely a sentimental aspect to people wanting Jules back in goal but it is not just that. I love Jules and have rooted for Wayne to do well but believe we have two number 2 keepers at the club.

I also believe Wayne is not performing to the best of his abilities because he doesn't feel his position is sufficiently under threat. No player deserves a free ride and for that reason I would play Speroni on Saturday. It may be a disaster waiting to happen but I don't see it as being any worse than we've seen for a while from Hennessy.

Call me sentimental if you like but I think Jules deserves another chance; not just for old times sake but because Hennessy's form isn't good enough. Sadly the keeper situation has become a very divisive subject on these boards. I think a spell out might be good for Wayne but I wouldn't hesitate to bring him back if Jules doesn't perform. I just want the best man for the job between the sticks.

the drexciyan
21-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Needs a 'none of the above' option.

montrealeagle
21-09-2017, 05:25 PM
For some reason Palace persist with playing with a goal keeper who remains rooted to his line. If you play that way, you need a goalkeeper who is agile. In the words of the Daily Mirror Wonder Wayne has " all the natural agility of a wooden bench".

CP-RJW
21-09-2017, 05:46 PM
For some reason Palace persist with playing with a goal keeper who remains rooted to his line. If you play that way, you need a goalkeeper who is agile. In the words of the Daily Mirror Wonder Wayne has " all the natural agility of a wooden bench".
In the words of Edmund Blackadder, Wayne's agility can be compared to "an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping."

johnp
21-09-2017, 06:06 PM
I am still not convinced about the clamour for the return of Jules. It feels to me to be a combination of nostalgia and mostly the building frustration with Henn. I actually think Henn has been 'OK' so far this season. OK isn't good enough going forward but it is better than much of last year, so.... TBH I just want the best keeper on the day and I don't get to choose anyway so over to Roy.

I would say that Speroni at his best, which I remember well, would be an understandable choice. But I also remember how his distribution all but disintegrated (accuracy and distance), his struggle with crosses returned and his shot stopping started to dip to 'normal' instead of the 'pretty awesome' levels of before. He was like all of us, losing his form as he ages. On my personal 'panic' barometer, the situation has reversed. I used to panic when the ball went anywhere near Henn and be surprised if it went in with Speroni. However, now it's flipped around, especially when it's played back to him awkwardly or when he is under pressure.

None of this is intended to be disrespectful, it's a description. Neither is it saying Henn is good enough but it is why I would go with Henn still.

Whoever is chosen is going to have to be on top form and make a save or two and take some crosses as there is no way we will keep them at their end :D If they come out of Saturday with a clean sheet it will have had to have been a great performance.

He has been awful. If we had swapped keepers with our opponents for every game so far this season, we would have several points in the bag and certainly be out of the bottom 3.

Pistol Knight
21-09-2017, 06:15 PM

Do you go to games, Hennessey never takes a cross he is always rooted to the spot with his arms up, good grief

johnp
21-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Do you go to games, Hennessey never takes a cross he is always rooted to the spot with his arms up, good grief

And because he is so painfully slow in everything he does, any header on target is in the net before he has even thought about reacting and trying to save it.

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 07:20 PM
what does that even mean?? You need help boy!

Please stop following my every word on these boards when you said you had me on ignore. Why are you using that racist term 'boy' on here. If you don't know just how great your zero Steve was in a recent game you can't love him as much as you clearly do me. Go away you weird stalker

Owngoal
21-09-2017, 07:23 PM
He has been awful. If we had swapped keepers with our opponents for every game so far this season, we would have several points in the bag and certainly be out of the bottom 3.

You clearly don't go to games. We have had a combination of suicidal defending and miss after miss by Benteke who with the chances he has had should be top scorer in the league

grand aigle
21-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Please stop following my every word on these boards when you said you had me on ignore. Why are you using that racist term 'boy' on here. If you don't know just how great your zero Steve was in a recent game you can't love him as much as you clearly do me. Go away you weird stalker

AS far as I'm aware I am allowed to read anything and everything on here if I am a signed in member! I see most of your ridiculous posts when they have been quoted by others. I am not and never was a fan of Mandanda, I am however not a fan of your hero Hennessey and will say so if I so wish....(as plenty of others do, hes really not as great as you think). Racist term boy? Dont think so, after all you used the term "abortion of a man" about Mandanda, was that not racist? I believe it was and I reported it, so dont try calling me racist!
If anyone on here is weird, it's you old man! So don't tell me that I can't reply to your posts, if you don't like it, simply stop posting bollocks!!
As for stalking you, don't flatter yourself old boy, you simply ain't worth it!

PALACEWU
21-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Boy oh boy oh boy.

DARZET EAGLE
21-09-2017, 09:59 PM

The Italian fella Mattia Perin is certainly agile, brave, and likes saves off his line according to his promotional video.

Oli28
21-09-2017, 10:07 PM
You clearly don't go to games. We have had a combination of suicidal defending and miss after miss by Benteke who with the chances he has had should be top scorer in the league
Not to mention the worst goalkeeper in the league

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 12:41 AM
AS far as I'm aware I am allowed to read anything and everything on here if I am a signed in member! I see most of your ridiculous posts when they have been quoted by others. I am not and never was a fan of Mandanda, I am however not a fan of your hero Hennessey and will say so if I so wish....(as plenty of others do, hes really not as great as you think). Racist term boy? Dont think so, after all you used the term "abortion of a man" about Mandanda, was that not racist? I believe it was and I reported it, so dont try calling me racist!
If anyone on here is weird, it's you old man! So don't tell me that I can't reply to your posts, if you don't like it, simply stop posting bollocks!!
As for stalking you, don't flatter yourself old boy, you simply ain't worth it!

Boy is a term used by racists to black people in the USA and South Africa. Abortion of a man does not refer to colour but to the fact he is a worthless human being in my eyes who took the club to the cleaners. You said on two occasions that you would put me on ignore and have not. You are a LIAR and a stalker. Your life is so humdrum you can't keep away from me. Sad, pathetic really. Never mind it will be Christmas soon. You can sit on Santa's knee and think it is me to get your weird kicks. Try reporting yourself to mods for freakish behaviour and childishness beyond the call of duty. What kind of MAN (and I use the term loosely) revels in reporting people? :moo2::moo2:

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 12:44 AM
Not to mention the worst goalkeeper in the league

Look, I know Jules can't get a game in the league but no need to come out with that kind of stuff

Good to see you supporting him...........

west country boy
22-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Boy is a term used by racists to black people in the USA and South Africa. Abortion of a man does not refer to colour but to the fact he is a worthless human being in my eyes who took the club to the cleaners. You said on two occasions that you would put me on ignore and have not. You are a LIAR and a stalker. Your life is so humdrum you can't keep away from me. Sad, pathetic really. Never mind it will be Christmas soon. You can sit on Santa's knee and think it is me to get your weird kicks. Try reporting yourself to mods for freakish behaviour and childishness beyond the call of duty. What kind of MAN (and I use the term loosely) revels in reporting people? :moo2::moo2:http://www.oocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/8960/ohboy.gif

grand aigle
22-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Boy is a term used by racists to black people in the USA and South Africa. Abortion of a man does not refer to colour but to the fact he is a worthless human being in my eyes who took the club to the cleaners. You said on two occasions that you would put me on ignore and have not. You are a LIAR and a stalker. Your life is so humdrum you can't keep away from me. Sad, pathetic really. Never mind it will be Christmas soon. You can sit on Santa's knee and think it is me to get your weird kicks. Try reporting yourself to mods for freakish behaviour and childishness beyond the call of duty. What kind of MAN (and I use the term loosely) revels in reporting people? :moo2::moo2:

Boy is a term used to describe a young male, and your posts would suggest that you are a young male at least in intelligence!. Trust me fool you are on ignore, BUT if someone quotes your post I still see it! Most of your posts are either unintelligible twaddle or praising probably the worst keeper in the Premier league, and sometimes I feel like responding. Your comment re 'abortion of a man" was , in my eyes a racist comment, as have been several of your others, borderline maybe but still racist. Thats why I reported you> If you dont like my response then report it. My life is so humdrum? Really? You have no idea do you??
You're still on ignore old boy, and will continue to be so, so as long as no one quotes your posts you'll be fine!
:jerkit::jerkit:

917L
22-09-2017, 06:46 AM
that helps a lot having the backing of fans behind you as a keeper.

How about the fans just back WH, the keeper the last 3 managers have picked over Speroni?

Spindle
22-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Need Jules in goal for the next 3. His shot stopping will be important as we likely face a siege from these lot. I've seen Golden Syrup spread out quicker than Wayne Hennessey.

DARZET EAGLE
22-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Need Jules in goal for the next 3. His shot stopping will be important as we likely face a siege from these lot. I've seen Golden Syrup spread out quicker than Wayne Hennessey.

Particularly if he is having a sticky patch eh?:p

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Boy is a term used to describe a young male, and your posts would suggest that you are a young male at least in intelligence!. Trust me fool you are on ignore, BUT if someone quotes your post I still see it! Most of your posts are either unintelligible twaddle or praising probably the worst keeper in the Premier league, and sometimes I feel like responding. Your comment re 'abortion of a man" was , in my eyes a racist comment, as have been several of your others, borderline maybe but still racist. Thats why I reported you> If you dont like my response then report it. My life is so humdrum? Really? You have no idea do you??
You're still on ignore old boy, and will continue to be so, so as long as no one quotes your posts you'll be fine!
:jerkit::jerkit:

All the intelligence and wit of a pile of steaming s**t.......
HUMDRUM STALKER!!!!

viking's no1
22-09-2017, 09:09 AM
All the intelligence and wit of a pile of steaming s**t.......
HUMDRUM STALKER!!!!

Can you two get a room?

grand aigle
22-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Can you two get a room?

Its ok the old man OG is now permanently on ignore, far too stupid/racist to bother with!

scro
22-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Hennessey is currently the better of the 2 keepers.

Another day, another keeper discussion. another reminder needed that GreatGonzo campaigned for a long time for Julian Speroni to be replaced by Lewis Price.

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Its ok the old man OG is now permanently on ignore, far too stupid/racist to bother with!

Third time you have said it. Ask a mod to help you if you are not able to do it yourself. Accusing people of being racist for being one of the few on here to realise just how crap Steve was really marks out your IQ and is a bit low, scummish really. Using grand in a username marks out an inferiority complex and points to a lack of a real father figure. Find someone else to fixate on.:hi::hi::hi:

Heppolette
22-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Nothing to lose from dropping Hennessey. Slow, lacks bottle and no presence.

Benzhiyi
22-09-2017, 11:27 PM
I'd like to see Roy select Jules tomorrow, but if it's the Hen can we all finally find something else to expend hot air about? That'll be, what, five different managers who've seen both face off in training and selected Wayne, despite JS's unquestioned status as a club legend?

eagleborn
22-09-2017, 11:37 PM
I'd like to see Roy select Jules tomorrow, but if it's the Hen can we all finally find something else to expend hot air about? That'll be, what, five different managers who've seen both face off in training and selected Wayne, despite JS's unquestioned status as a club legend?

Yep. Well said. Hennessey is not good enough. But if that many managers have picked him over speroni, people need to ******* accept it. There must be a reason why even if we can't see it this argument has gone on way too long.

charltonhater
23-09-2017, 01:06 AM

But Mandanda was given a chance!. Started a whole bunch of games, failed to keep any clean sheets, let in soft goal after soft goal which cost points in several games (Burnley away for example). Never once gained us points through making crucial saves. Was pretty much awful every single game he ever played for Palace.

French League is different to the Premier League. Not every player can be a success when they switch over.
Valerian Ismael was another player good in France before/after his time as a Palace player at Selhurst but the only person who enjoyed his time as a Palace player was Carl Leaburn.

Hedgehog
23-09-2017, 01:20 AM
I think if you put a guy who is 6' 7" next to a guy who in heels is 6' tops, and the tall guy is a international GK v the guy who is not... who would you put in goal - and I say this as someone who loves Jules.

Eaglesfan1
23-09-2017, 06:59 AM
All those different managers have selected Puncheon every week as well to be fair ;)

Benzhiyi
23-09-2017, 07:37 AM
All those different managers have selected Puncheon every week as well to be fair ;)

Ha! Fair pointÖ :vader:

palace4me
30-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Can't see why Wayne is getting picked at the moment.

Pistol Knight
30-09-2017, 04:14 PM

Manager or chairman?

Latvian Eagle
30-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Third time you have said it. Ask a mod to help you if you are not able to do it yourself. Accusing people of being racist for being one of the few on here to realise just how crap Steve was really marks out your IQ and is a bit low, scummish really. Using grand in a username marks out an inferiority complex and points to a lack of a real father figure. Find someone else to fixate on.:hi::hi::hi:

You are on ignore you **** stick. He can't see your response. :rolleyes:

Owngoal
30-09-2017, 08:51 PM
You are on ignore you **** stick. He can't see your response. :rolleyes:

Hey Mr Train Driver he has said that 3 times before and lied. Technollogically challenged I assume or just can't not stalk me. Keep up the good work. I am entralled by your insightful comments, not at all those of someone who hasn't a clue about keeping

grand aigle
30-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Hey Mr Train Driver he has said that 3 times before and lied. Technollogically challenged I assume or just can't not stalk me. Keep up the good work. I am entralled by your insightful comments, not at all those of someone who hasn't a clue about keeping

Before you start, you were quoted :jerkit: so I did see it. Do you mean technologically and enthralled? AS I told you, keep posting shit and Ill answer it OK?:jerkit::jerkit: Stalk you? Really? Why, are you so ******* important then? Or just thick as shit??

PS I've decided to take you off ignore and really piss you off old man>

Latvian Eagle
30-09-2017, 10:39 PM

Of course I don't. You keep telling yourself that sweetheart. :love:

Slimbloke'H'
30-09-2017, 11:28 PM
...This isn't about who is right for the future, so no moo option, it's just about who play until we sign someone else.

How on earth did this get through unscathed??? :)

Owngoal
01-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Before you start, you were quoted :jerkit: so I did see it. Do you mean technologically and enthralled? AS I told you, keep posting shit and Ill answer it OK?:jerkit::jerkit: Stalk you? Really? Why, are you so ******* important then? Or just thick as shit??

PS I've decided to take you off ignore and really piss you off old man>

Going to send me more personal messages asking me to lay off you 'stop it now' or you'll really show me? What an arse wipe you must be and what a boring miserable life you must have that you stalk me? Your so brave:hi::jerkit:
Have a good night thinking about me and enjoying the only thing your good at:jerkit:

grand aigle
01-10-2017, 06:36 AM
Going to send me more personal messages asking me to lay off you 'stop it now' or you'll really show me? What an arse wipe you must be and what a boring miserable life you must have that you stalk me? Your so brave:hi::jerkit:
Have a good night thinking about me and enjoying the only thing your good at:jerkit:

GO AWAY!

pauldrulez
01-10-2017, 06:40 AM
It needs changing.

He’s getting worse, and I think he needs time out of the spotlight.

Give Jules a chance, what is the worst that can happen?

Owngoal
01-10-2017, 09:32 AM
It needs changing.

Heís getting worse, and I think he needs time out of the spotlight.

Give Jules a chance, what is the worst that can happen?

We concede 8 goals at home against Chelsea and that's all you will remember about Jules?

Thefunkymonk
01-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Hennessey is shit.. jules is past it

But the fans wanted to spend our budget on sakho, weíve never had it so good, and the sun will come up tomorrow. So donít worry.

Oli28
01-10-2017, 09:38 AM
We concede 8 goals at home against Chelsea and that's all you will remember about Jules?
He won't concede 8.

Speroni is so past it but Hennessey is just a fundamentally terrible goalkeeper. At least Speroni might give everyone a bit of a lift, although that really is clutching at straws.

Presumably the u23 keeper is no where near ready?

jobiinthelastmi
01-10-2017, 09:46 AM

A career over 12 years at one club is not remembered for one poor game against league champions.

Hypothetically speaking... could be just what we need. We are conceding 4/5ís anyway. Canít be any worse. Heís guessing which way to dive now!!! That should be the end.

viking's no1
01-10-2017, 12:33 PM
The fans would cheer to the rafters if Jules turned out against Chelsea. It would give the players and fans a massive lift. Every player has been on the bench in this pathetic run except WH and he was responsible for the debacle at Villa. Time to change the keepers. For all our sakes please have this happen. The undroppable Puncheon is no longer a certainty so now is the time to drop WH.

Nigelbrag
01-10-2017, 01:15 PM
I am not blaming WH for our problems as it goes far deeper than that as it's been clear to see, but we MUST stop this losing mentality we currently have, and what Julian Speroni does he inspires defenders around him and gives them confidence, as he has done previously for as long as i care to remember.
Yes we all accept he is Not the keeper he once was, but currently we do not have an alternative it's either stick with Wayne or give Julian a chance and having conceded 17 goals to date its a no brainer, also lets not forget in the Two games JS has played this season we have WON, all be it against average opposition but as they say a Win is a Win.
Try it Roy as we never know stranger things have happened desperate situations calls for desperate actions, afterall what the hell have we got to lose? we have as good as accepted the club could be relegated.

Martin H
01-10-2017, 02:08 PM
I am not blaming WH for our problems as it goes far deeper than that as it's been clear to see, but we MUST stop this losing mentality we currently have, and what Julian Speroni does he inspires defenders around him and gives them confidence, as he has done previously for as long as i care to remember.
Yes we all accept he is Not the keeper he once was, but currently we do not have an alternative it's either stick with Wayne or give Julian a chance and having conceded 17 goals to date its a no brainer, also lets not forget in the Two games JS has played this season we have WON, all be it against average opposition but as they say a Win is a Win.
Try it Roy as we never know stranger things have happened desperate situations calls for desperate actions, afterall what the hell have we got to lose? we have as good as accepted the club could be relegated.

It sounds good but if that was true don't you think the Manager would have picked him by now? I.e. If the defence preferred Speroni in goal he surely would have been starting well before now. I think it was true back before Hennessy got his chance and to some extent it was why Jules probably kept his place for too long and struggled towards the end (if you cast your mind back he really had lost that edge he used to have at the end) but still had the players 'with him'. If they thought he was the best option, he would already be playing.

I am stil bemused that we haven't looked for a better option or maybe more accurately haven't bought one.

palace4me
14-10-2017, 04:02 PM
3 wins out of 3 for Speroni this season.

jobiinthelastmi
14-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Close the thread, we've found our man :lux:

beef
14-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Number 1

palace4me
14-10-2017, 04:05 PM

LOL

Far East Eagle
14-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Jules is now no.1. He made the defence feel more secure, which allowed Sakho to feel confident to go forward, which led to goal no.2. Can't go back now, hope Wayne stays on the bench

JamTheEagle
14-10-2017, 04:13 PM

LOL.

jobiinthelastmi
14-10-2017, 04:13 PM

LOL

silver
14-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Jules is now no.1. He made the defence feel more secure, which allowed Sakho to feel confident to go forward, which led to goal no.2. Can't go back now, hope Wayne stays on the bench

I have to agree with you on the confidence statement,spot on .

Maidstoned Eagle
He made a couple of vital saves today, handling was dodgy but all you can expect from a rusty keeper. Has to keep his place.

Benzhiyi
Henno haters would have soiled themselves had he conceded such a soft goal but otherwise Jules looked totally assured and clearly gave belief to those in front of him. Our best keeping display of the season. Absoutely deserves to keep his spot until Jan.

GrayP41ace
14-10-2017, 04:21 PM

Oops lol

For someone that hates the grief Hennessey gets, you aren't half quick to chuck it Speroni's way.

dannyb1
14-10-2017, 04:24 PM
should be number 1 until we can find a decent younger replacement.

CPFC.1990
14-10-2017, 04:46 PM

:hi:

Expat Eagle
14-10-2017, 04:53 PM
I never want to see WH in a Palace shirt again.

jimmy the gent
14-10-2017, 04:56 PM
should be number 1 until we can find a decent younger replacement.

Yep.

He may well be 3 years past his use by date, but he's still better than Hennessey who inspires chaos in his backline with his cowardliness, mogadon reflexs and awful communication. Keep Speroni in, but upgrade in January.

Don't think Roy's the type to change a winning team. Jules may have been a bit dodgy at times today, but has the jersey now and should stay in for Newcastle. WH coming in after that would be so depressing.

Latvian Eagle
14-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Bye Wayne. :hi:

Jim Cannon
14-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Speroni stays in for me for now at least.

glenn.f
14-10-2017, 05:06 PM
He made a couple of vital saves today, handling was dodgy but all you can expect from a rusty keeper. Has to keep his place.

Agree plus he does like a sliced skywards clearance but he was no worse than the Belgian national keeper at the other end, who only just got away with an even bigger piece of mis-handling late on.

Baffled Bob 2
14-10-2017, 05:07 PM
I don't like all the Hennessy bashing but it is a simple fact that Jools is better at making saves.

I know there is other stuff that a modern keeper has to do.

gilesy14
14-10-2017, 05:07 PM
#pray4owngoal

Alfie's army
14-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Jules

jimmy the gent
14-10-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't like all the Hennessy bashing but it is a simple fact that Jools is better at making saves.

He's simply better at playing for Palace.

Expat Eagle
14-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Wayne, I don't hate any Palace player and he does his best when selected every week. However, his best is simply not Premier league standard. I do get upset when I see incompetence hurting my beloved Palace every week and I'm delighted when a change is made that gives me my Palace back. The confidence simply swept back into the defence this week and the team was transformed. :lux:

For me, Jules keeps the shirt until January when we buy a new keeper, probably from abroad.

spotkick
14-10-2017, 06:25 PM
The Chelsea keeper looked shakey today. Wayne knows he has some comp in Jules. Good news let's see who can hold onto the shirt.

Otleyeagle
14-10-2017, 06:32 PM
If Hennessey had played like Speroni today he'd have been criticised. The goal looked soft, one shot bounced off his knees, he nearly fumbled another into the net, and his distribution wasn't great. Just saying.

spotkick
14-10-2017, 06:36 PM
If Hennessey had played like Speroni today he'd have been criticised. The goal looked soft, one shot bounced off his knees, he nearly fumbled another into the net, and his distribution wasn't great. Just saying.

Good points here.

917L
14-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Agree 100%

However his inclusion helped the crowd and avoided the dumb ironic cheers he got. So overall whilst forced, Speronis inclusion helped, even if his actual goalkeeping performance was no better than Waynes

ANDI29
14-10-2017, 06:46 PM

Disagree, the one that hit him on his knees would have been a goal if Wayne was in goal and the other save that he made to his right was very composed. Don’t forget he hasn’t played for a while.

CPFC.1990
14-10-2017, 06:48 PM

WHAT!?

917L
14-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Disagree, the one that hit him on his knees would have been a goal if Wayne was in goal

That really is utter bollocks

jobiinthelastmi
14-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Agree 100%

However his inclusion helped the crowd and avoided the dumb ironic cheers he got. So overall whilst forced, Speronis inclusion helped, even if his actual goalkeeping performance was no better than Waynes

Because the whole world know how shite he really is.

You are comparing a 38 year old to someone who should be in their prime! Speroni performed better and Dann looked back to his old self again.

Amazing what a goal keeper can do to a side. Might be enough to have his presence in there just to inspire people around him.

Wayne is done, Speroni is better but we need to look long term.

palacemetros
14-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Maybe Hennessey would have been criticised but the fact is that Jules' inclusion gave the whole team and the supporters that much needed boost in confidence. He will make mistakes, I agree. However it was fairly clear to me that his defence trusted his judgement and were not trying to second guess what he was going to do. I wish I could say the same about Wayne, but I cannot.

Braintree Eagle
14-10-2017, 07:56 PM

Blimey, you are brave! Fancy speaking factually like you just have about Julian Speroni on here. They'll be out to get you!

wawman_15
14-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Whatever he is doing must be working. 100% win record with him in goal this year. Bottom line is we have never been right since he left the no.1 spot even if it was Wayne or McCarthy or Steve. It’s just the way it is

Latvian Eagle
14-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Seems someone deleted a post.: