PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sampson - England Women's manager

Pages : [1] 2

Olympian2
20-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Been following this for a while albeit only through the media.

There's just something about him that doesn't seem quite right to me.

'...set to leave his role....'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41326806

gilesy14
20-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Been following this for a while albeit only through the media.

There's just something about him that doesn't seem quite right to me.

'...set to leave his role....'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41326806

His pervert eyes.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 02:35 PM
sad, two FA hearings and an independent inquiry,huge support from the England team last night but his reputation seems to be in tatters, I wonder why Aluko is pushing more to destroy the poor guys reputation, I saw her performance on tv a few weeks back, quite pathetic in all honesty she clearly seems deluded and should seek help.

waddoneagle
20-09-2017, 02:39 PM
He has done a fantastic job and the players like him, except one that was dropped :p

Shipp Ahoy!
20-09-2017, 02:41 PM
sad, two FA hearings and independent inquiry,huge support from the England team last night but his reputation seems to be in tatters, I wonder why Aluko is pushing more to destroy the poor guys reputation, I saw her performance on tv a few weeks back, quite pathetic in all honesty she clearly seems deluded and should seek help.

Something definitely doesn't seem right about her.

Hes been cleared by several reviews as you say including an independent one. Maintains huge support from the squad including other black players...

She came out with all this after being dropped too...

I smell something foul for sure.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 02:50 PM
She was dropped the next game after she made her initial complaint. Sampson claims he was unaware of her complaint when he dropped her, and it was for purely footballing reasons.

There has been two investigations but the integrity of both of them has been questioned.

I have no idea where the truth lies in this, and my observations are of no relevance to getting to it, but when I have seen Sampson interviewed from a personal point of view I have not been convinced by what appear to be stock answers citing the two investigations, and him not wanting to engage beyond that.

Two investigations and the story has not gone away.

Eagle's Nest
20-09-2017, 02:55 PM
She was dropped the next game after she made her initial complaint. Sampson claims he was unaware of her complaint when he dropped her, and it was for purely footballing reasons.

There has been two investigations but the integrity of both of them has been questioned.

I have no idea where the truth lies in this, and my observations are of no relevance to getting to it, but when I have seen Sampson interviewed from a personal point of view I have not been convinced by what appear to be stock answers citing the two investigations, and him not wanting to engage beyond that.

Two investigations and the story has not gone away.

It looks as though Sampson had some banter that most people just thought was funny and in no way believed that to be his actual viewpoint. Then he came up against Aluko, a qualified lawyer, who possibly had a different perspective on what's acceptable. She makes a complaint, he drops her and then she's sees herself fighting what she feels is a double dose of unfairness.

But that's just me reading into it.

Galo
20-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Apparently there are new allegations against him

3 Beers at HT
20-09-2017, 02:58 PM
A player no longer considered the best in her position is dropped to give others a chance. Instead of working harder to regain their place, and in fear of falling out of the limelight, the race card is played to continue the publicity charade.

IIRC Eluko was awarded an £80k settlement but still free to talk about it and a new, 1-year contract worth another £20k, even though she won't play under MS' management? Nice work if you can get it.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 03:04 PM
A player no longer considered the best in her position is dropped to give others a chance. Instead of working harder to regain their place, and in fear of falling out of the limelight, the race card is played to continue the publicity charade.

IIRC Eluko was awarded an £80k settlement but still free to talk about it and a new, 1-year contract worth another £20k, even though she won't play under MS' management? Nice work if you can get it.
As I have already said she was dropped straight after she made her complaint, not before.

This also is not just an issue of race.

Like I also said I have no idea where the truth lies, but amazing to see some of you apparently do.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Apparently there are new allegations against him

I wonder from any other players or is it Aluko with her race card driven agenda? she can make all the allegations she wants is there any proof though?

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Both BBC and Sky reporting he is about to leave his role as England manager.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:12 PM
I think we have another David Jones scenario

3 Beers at HT
20-09-2017, 03:13 PM
As I have already said she was dropped straight after she made her complaint, not before.

This also is not just an issue of race.

Like I also said I have no idea where the truth lies, but amazing to see some of you apparently do.

The complaint was made concerning a comment to another player in a meeting at which Eluko was not present. Nothing was made of the situation by the player concerned (although that doesn't stop the right to protest on behalf of others).

You are incorrect in your assumption that I know the truth, I'm merely expressing my opinion on the subject.

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:13 PM
He comes across as a bit slimey

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 03:16 PM
The complaint was made concerning a comment to another player in a meeting at which Eluko was not present. Nothing was made of the situation by the player concerned (although that doesn't stop the right to protest on behalf of others).

You are incorrect in your assumption that I know the truth, I'm merely expressing my opinion on the subject.
So why did you decide to have a pop at her if you had not made a decision on where the truth lies?

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Oh, well then..

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:17 PM
So why did you decide to have a pop at her if you had not made a decision on where the truth lies?

its a sign of the times, so typical

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:18 PM

surely one mans reputation cant be assassinated purely because he might appear"slimey"

mushroom
20-09-2017, 03:21 PM
All the players ran to hug him after the first goal, it seems the squad believe him. Some of the players that have defended him have been Aluko's teammates at club level.

I wonder if it was changing room banter that is fine when you all get along, but when you don't like someone, banter can be deemed or even used to score points.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 03:24 PM
I wonder from any other players or is it Aluko with her race card driven agenda? she can make all the allegations she wants is there any proof though?

Not according to two independent enquiries. Now " new" allegations surface which, for some strange reason we're not considered by the independent QC concerned.
Wrong kind of QC according to Gordon Taylor, PFA Chairman. There just seemed to be a whole host of minor football related complaints previously, which were settled.
Now, having claimed racist remarks were made, together with Parliament's opportunity to hammer the FA's governance through a Parliamentary enquiry and the media's shameful bias in the coverage of the story, the guy was doomed.

3 Beers at HT
20-09-2017, 03:25 PM

I've made no mention of a decision on where the truth lies, merely expressed my opinion in the form of 'having a pop at her' on the basis that an inquiry by her employers and an independent inquiry led by a barrister cleared MS.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 03:30 PM
I've made no mention of a decision on where the truth lies, merely expressed my opinion in the form of 'having a pop at her' on the basis that an inquiry by her employers and an independent inquiry led by a barrister cleared MS.
Why dont you just stand by the words you wrote than try and claim you have not decided where the truth lies.

Your words are damning of her;

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Oh, well then..

Oh well then what ?

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:31 PM
surely one mans reputation cant be assassinated purely because he might appear"slimey"

Where did I say it should be ?

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Where did I say it should be ?

you seemed to imply it

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Oh well then what ?

You infer that as he "comes across as a bit slimey" he is not to be trusted. Or have I completely misconstrued your otherwise thoughtful and probing observation?

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:35 PM
you seemed to imply it

No I didn't

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:36 PM
You infer that as he "comes across as a bit slimey" he is not to be trusted. Or have I completely misconstrued your otherwise thoughtful and probing observation?

Oh so sorry that my opinion / gut feel about someone is less valid than yours

Condescending arse

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 03:37 PM
No I didn't

so why mention it?

3 Beers at HT
20-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Why dont you just stand by the words you wrote than try and claim you have not decided where the truth lies.

Your words are damning of her;

I stand by the words I write as my own personal opinion, however, as I've indicated to you, in my opinion (which is clearly different to yours), the results of the two separate inquiries give rise to doubts about Eluko and the situation.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Oh so sorry that my opinion / gut feel about someone is less valid than yours

Condescending arse

So Kylie-Tracy was right. You did imply it. Unless you want to debate the meaningful difference between imply and infer.

"Condescending arse" How rude!:supergrin::supergrin:

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Are people really convinced by this?

i60jAuTevD8

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 03:45 PM
I stand by the words I write as my own personal opinion, however, as I've indicated to you, in my opinion (which is clearly different to yours), the results of the two separate inquiries give rise to doubts about Eluko and the situation.
Agree with you on that, there are doubts all over this story, but as the investigations have not allowed this story to go away, I am both fascinated and confused by the whole thing.

If, as reported, Sampson is standing down, the reasons for it may give greater clarity to it all.

A few days back his integrity was called into question about what he has said to reporters and how it differed to what he told the enquiries.

www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/12/mark-sampson-defends-himself-eni-aluko-ebola

CP-RJW
20-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Did a terrific job footballing wise but always struck me as a bellend. I do hope that I won't be attacked by the condescending nitpickers for this observation like Worksop was.

mushroom
20-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Is the whole complaint that he joked that her relatives might have ebola?

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 03:59 PM
So Kylie-Tracy was right. You did imply it. Unless you want to debate the meaningful difference between imply and infer.

"Condescending arse" How rude!:supergrin::supergrin:

It's my opinion that he comes across a bit slimey

Now **** off

Payroll Legend
20-09-2017, 04:01 PM
The ebola comment was rude and unfunny if said. Makes him look like a bit of a twat and could easily cause offence to Aluko, but is it racist? Not sure it is. In fact it isn't is it.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 04:01 PM
It's my opinion that he comes across a bit slimey

Now **** off

:hi:

Kirby
20-09-2017, 04:03 PM
I don't see why Aluko and the others would pursue it so vigorously if there was nothing in it. Attacking him in such a way isn't going to help their chances of getting in the team. I wouldn't be surprised if more information comes to light and he's found guilty.

Edit: he's been sacked. Ha!

Louis
20-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Is the whole complaint that he joked that her relatives might have ebola?
No, that was part of it .... my take ...

Before the recent allegations, there were reports of Aluko being criticised online and not being happy about it.

My guess, particularly as two or three other players (Spence, Sanderson and Asante I think) are supporting Aluko, there is something in her claims against Sampson. He did say something about needing to improve his communication, although denied he'd said what she claimed he had.

It's a pity for England womens team, as they have improved a lot since he took over, and credit has to go to him for much of this.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 04:07 PM
She wasn't getting in the team on form and at 35 is unlikely to do so. Maybe she just has a personal agenda?

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 04:08 PM
So she was 31, dropped by her club, coming to an end of her career, then gets dropped by country and blames racism? She's now going to have a larger platform / profile in the media, and also for her legal career if she pursues it. They had an independent enquiry which exonerated him, the team and players are seemingly behind him, remarks which Aluko alleges were said with multiple witnesses have not been corroborated. Seems a very flimsy, dubious case to throw a man's career and reputation under the bus for.

redeagle
20-09-2017, 04:08 PM
I could imagine him making the Ebola comment in a David Brent kind of way. He looks the type. In other words an idiot rather than a racist. However the FA are notoriously jumpy about this sought of stuff.

Kirby
20-09-2017, 04:09 PM
She wasn't getting in the team on form and at 35 is unlikely to do so. Maybe she just has a personal agenda?

I think that's a stretch, especially as she's not the only one suggesting it.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 04:09 PM
No, that was part of it .... my take ...

Before the recent allegations, there were reports of Aluko being criticised online and not being happy about it.

My guess, particularly as two or three other players (Spence, Sanderson and Asante I think) are supporting Aluko, there is something in her claims against Sampson. He did say something about needing to improve his communication, although denied he'd said what she claimed he had.

It's a pity for England womens team, as they have improved a lot since he took over, and credit has to go to him for much of this.

That's an awful lot left who aren't supporting the claim.

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 04:10 PM
I don't see why Aluko and the others would pursue it so vigorously if there was nothing in it. Attacking him in such a way isn't going to help their chances of getting in the team. I wouldn't be surprised if more information comes to light and he's found guilty.

Edit: he's been sacked. Ha!

Media profile, victim status, exposure for her legal career, and of course, money.

Glad you find a man getting sacked and having his reputation ruined on extremely weak and dubious evidence funny. Nice one.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 04:11 PM
I think that's a stretch, especially as she's not the only one suggesting it.

The personal agenda suggestion may be a stretch. The other claim from a player is that she is not being picked because she told the manager she was getting a divorce.

Fatboy
20-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Step Forward - Alan Pardew !!!!
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03344/PARDEW_FINAL_CROP_3344154b.jpg

Kirby
20-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Glad you find a man getting sacked and having his reputation ruined on extremely weak and dubious evidence funny. Nice one.

:D

Neither of us are party to the facts, so don't give me that.

Let's just see what comes out (if it ever does).

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Everything i've seen about this case leads me to think she is acting duplicioutsly and using very tenuous incidents to bring down a man's career vindictively and for personal gain. I could be wrong, but looks that way to me. Fact that he's been exonerated by independent legal investigation, and his team seem to back him, speaks volumes. The whole case stinks IMHO.

elgrande
20-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Everything i've seen about this case leads me to think she is acting duplicioutsly and using very tenuous incidents to bring down a man's career vindictively and for personal gain. I could be wrong, but looks that way to me. Fact that he's been exonerated by independent legal investigation, and his team seem to back him, speaks volumes. The whole case stinks IMHO.

And she got 80k

mushroom
20-09-2017, 04:28 PM

Yep... he may well be guilty of other stuff... but I struggle to find the racism in him joking that her family might have a disease.

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Looks like my gut feel was right then eh

mushroom
20-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Is it noncery he's been accused of?

Tony Montana
20-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Looks like my gut feel was right then eh

what, that's he's been sacked for being "slimy". Spot on fella, gimme tonight's numbers if you would. :rolleyes:

ElwissAtMemphis
20-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Has anybody else noticed the uncanny resemblance between these two sinister-looking blokes who have apparently harnessed the psychological power to get groups of young women to yield to their demands in public. Are they possibly related?

Weird Beardy Bloke Currently Looking For Employment
http://i.eurosport.com/2017/09/18/2169967-45356750-2560-1440.jpg?w=600

Weird Beardy Bloke Currently Looking For Employment
http://derrenbrown.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/derren-brown-secret-new-york.jpg

SE5eagle
20-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Are people really convinced by this?

i60jAuTevD8

I would.

So...erm... yes?

Sh*t, i've got meself sacked again.

Terrace Bickle
20-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Hmmm smacks of a bit of a witch hunt.

mushroom
20-09-2017, 05:19 PM
Hmmm smacks of a bit of a witch hunt.

By all accounts the sacking has nowt to do with the ebola joke.

Terrace Bickle
20-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Seems it was hunt the pork sausage not witch. Allegedly Aluko is denying she slept with him, but other team mates did.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Apparently dates back to his time at Bristol!

mushroom
20-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Seems it was hunt the pork sausage not witch. Allegedly Aluko is denying she slept with him, but other team mates did.

Top man

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 05:33 PM

we are party to the fact that two FA and an independent inquiry has seen him cleared , Sampson's only crime it appears at the moment that he might appear a bit "slimey,shifty or looks in a particular way that people dont like" how would you like it if you found yourself out of a dream job you adore on the basis of a hidden agenda and forcing you out of your job because it might appear to be a safe option, would you think it was so hilarious?

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 05:35 PM

a scorned woman?

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Allegtions were made in 2013, he was cleared in 2015 and is not a safeguarding risk and is clear to coach anywhere else. The FA Chief Exec read the full report LAST WEEK and has deem his conduct, specifically boundaries between a player and a coach was inconsistent with working at the FA.

Witch hunt!

gilesy14
20-09-2017, 05:39 PM
The mysoginisyic chaps from earlier in the thread look a bit silly now.

Sounds like a dodgy f*cker that Sampson. Good riddance.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Sounds like a dodgy f*cker that's Sampson. Good riddance.

Any explanation as to why, having been cleared by the FA safeguarding panel and free to work for anyone else in the game, the Cheif Exec is using a report written 2 and a half years ago, which he only happened to read last week to sack him?

Can see this going to tribunal.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 05:43 PM

what " Gotcha! England woman's football manager in fling with player shock horror!" can just see the headlines now!

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 05:45 PM

where has anyone gone up the misogynistic road on this thread?

Terrace Bickle
20-09-2017, 05:51 PM

A stupid comment, but if he is innocent hopefully he is taking legal advice.

Robin
20-09-2017, 06:02 PM
I reckon he knows how a witch felt in Salem.

Tomo
20-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Any explanation as to why, having been cleared by the FA safeguarding panel and free to work for anyone else in the game, the Cheif Exec is using a report written 2 and a half years ago, which he only happened to read last week to sack him?

Can see this going to tribunal.

The FA tried to sweep it under the carpet. "Nothing to see here Guvnor".
Someone suggests that it's probably worth investigating the past.
New fella reads it and thinks "**** this. He's more hassle than it's worth."
They're not going to go sacking someone without a reason right now are they? Would make even more of a mockery if he sued and won.

Re: earlier post about just being an idiot and not racist. That might well be true, but surely posters could see why someone from African descent might find that offensive? Anyone who doesn't is probably an idiot and racist.

mushroom
20-09-2017, 06:19 PM
They're not going to go sacking someone without a reason right now are they? Would make even more of a mockery if he sued and won.

Re: earlier post about just being an idiot and not racist. That might well be true, but surely posters could see why someone from African descent might find that offensive? Anyone who doesn't is probably an idiot and racist.

I don't think anyone thinks it wasn't offensive.

(If he said it)

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 06:20 PM

it my auntie had bollocks blah blah blah, he's been cleared of racism towards a player and the response of the England girls and their celebrations by players of mixed race and of African and Caribbean ancestry after they scored last night would suggest that there is more chance of you being a racist than he is, why even mention that he "might" have made racist comments to a player? madness.

mushroom
20-09-2017, 06:22 PM

I think they commissioned a independent enquiry.

GreatGonzo
20-09-2017, 06:26 PM

Be interesting if we ever find out if he has been sacked or paid up.

Tomo
20-09-2017, 06:27 PM
it my auntie had bollocks blah blah blah, he's been cleared of racism towards a player and the response of the England girls and their celebrations by players of mixed race and of African and Caribbean ancestry after they scored last night would suggest that there is more chance of you being a racist than he is, why even mention that he "might" have made racist comments to a player? madness.

He's made a comment that someone found racist. Whether it was misheard, or unintentional doesn't stop the fact it offended someone.

I see we already have the classic, other black people like him so he can't be bad, being trotted out.

Regardless, that's not what he's been sacked for. From what I've read, that was an internal investigation...

Tomo
20-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Be interesting if we ever find out if he has been sacked or paid up.

Guardian suggested it's a sacking. On a £150k a year and only being paid £20k so a couple of months notice.

Jules
20-09-2017, 06:30 PM
FA chief exec won't survive this. Giving Aluko £80k, but keeping Sampson in post. Allowing him to be in charge last night, having read the Bristol report last week.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 06:31 PM
He's made a comment that someone found racist. Whether it was misheard, or unintentional doesn't stop the fact it offended someone.

I see we already have the classic, other black people like him so he can't be bad, being trotted out.

Regardless, that's not what he's been sacked for. From what I've read, that was an internal investigation...

its not that he cant be "bad" other black people like him because he is clearly not a racist, dont you think fellow black members of the team would tend to stick together in an issue like this? it seems like you've condemned that guy already and is there any evidence that he even used terms that were deemed racist? Ebola,slavery etc or whatever he was alleged to have said?

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 06:34 PM
So do I have this right the FA have sacked him, as they do not want him shagging England players but because they are happy that he works in football, they have no problem with him shagging players at club level?

The FA are a bunch of incompetent wankers.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 06:43 PM

This x 1000 ^^^^^

Golf Boy
20-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Guardian suggested it's a sacking. On a £150k a year and only being paid £20k so a couple of months notice.

Bbc says contract paid up.

I'd be surprised if sex wasn't involved in this somehow.

westsussexeagle
20-09-2017, 06:51 PM
So do I have this right the FA have sacked him, as they do not want him shagging England players but because they are happy that he works in football, they have no problem with him shagging players at club level?

It is hard to see it any other way otherwise how could they remove him and at the same time argue that it is perfectly acceptable for him to continue coaching? As to the highlighted part this seems to have become their standard modus operandi nowadays so not really a surprise although you forgot to add spineless to your description.

Wolfnipplechips
20-09-2017, 06:54 PM
its not that he cant be "bad" other black people like him because he is clearly not a racist, dont you think fellow black members of the team would tend to stick together in an issue like this? it seems like you've condemned that guy already and is there any evidence that he even used terms that were deemed racist? Ebola,slavery etc or whatever he was alleged to have said?

Christ almighty.

It's not a ******* US supermax prison.

Do you really think people stick together along the lines of their colour in 2017?

Sp1Eagle
20-09-2017, 06:57 PM

I think it's a bit of both.

He is clearly a bit of a **** but i think she has thrown her toys out of the pram as she wasn't getting selected. Neither of them will come out of this well.

Golf Boy
20-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Why did she get 80k if he was racially abusing someone else?

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Christ almighty.

It's not a ******* US supermax prison.

Do you really think people stick together along the lines of their colour in 2017?

wouldn't there be similar accusations coming from the other black and mixed race members of the team if he has form in this area? its clear there hasn't been and the way the entire team celebrated with him last night shows something very special in their regard to him

Wolfnipplechips
20-09-2017, 07:01 PM
wouldn't there be similar accusations coming from the other black and mixed race members of the team if he has form in this area? its clear there hasn't been and the way the entire team celebrated with him last night shows something very special in their regard to him

Kin ell Kylie.

What has "form" got to do with it?

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Kin ell Kylie.

What has "form" got to do with it?

form in regards to his so called alleged racism? poor guy has been hung out to dry, who about some comments about his brilliant achievements with the team?:confused:

SE5eagle
20-09-2017, 07:12 PM
To avail of the vernacular of these hallowed boards:

A 'bang average' nonce quilt.

I send no regards to the mother.

Wolfnipplechips
20-09-2017, 07:15 PM
form in regards to his so called alleged racism? poor guy has been hung out to dry, who about some comments about his brilliant achievements with the team?:confused:

He doesn't need form. If he was racist he was racist. If he wasn't, he wasn't.

there is no requirement to show a pattern of behaviour.

SE5eagle
20-09-2017, 07:16 PM
It's a bit like if you found out Bobby Robson had been fingering Peter Beardsley:

You wouldn't know who to feel sorry for...

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 07:17 PM

Either way, he's been sacked.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 07:18 PM
wouldn't there be similar accusations coming from the other black and mixed race members of the team
For starters, Drew Spence.

She has accused him of asking her how many times she had been arrested.

Neckinger Eagle
20-09-2017, 07:19 PM

Top goal scorer in the top league in the country last season. Hardly out of form.

EryrExile
20-09-2017, 07:20 PM

He did well to knob so many professional athletes.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 07:26 PM

He could be a reformed racist ? He is one of three categories

gilesy14
20-09-2017, 07:27 PM

That guy at Crewe was decent at bringing kids through in the 80's - maybe people should get off his back?

Golf Boy
20-09-2017, 07:31 PM
Bit odd complaining about the team celebrating a goal with the manager.

Kylie_Tracey
That guy at Crewe was decent at bringing kids through in the 80's - maybe people should get off his back?

He is a convinced peadophile what a daft example

Skintagain

Oh my giddy aunt, what do you have to do to get in the England Ladies Team.

OMG, I've said Ladies, should it have been Women's, I must be guilty of some sort of ....ist, oh no I've missed out those binary tosser's and those that identify as an Apache Attack Helicopter not to mention..........., its offended bingo.

Biggineagle
20-09-2017, 07:32 PM

IIRC Eluko was awarded an £80k settlement but still free to talk about it and a new, 1-year contract worth another £20k, even though she won't play under MS' management? Nice work if you can get it.Interesting:p

Neckinger Eagle
I've been through the thread and cannot see anything relating to her original complaint. She alleged that he asked a mixed-race player how many times she had been in trouble with the police. She also said there was a culture of bullying.

Selhurst Celtic
the way the entire team celebrated with him last night shows something very special in their regard to him

Maybe he's sleeping with all of them.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 07:34 PM

:supergrin:

gilesy14
20-09-2017, 07:35 PM
He is a convinced peadophile what a daft example

I'm unconvinced personally.

Skintagain
20-09-2017, 07:37 PM

Except her? Woman scorned etc.

Biggineagle
20-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I've been through the thread and cannot see anything relating to her original complaint. She alleged that he asked a mixed-race player how many times she had been in trouble with the police. She also said there was a culture of bullying.Bit like school then? Case closed?

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm unconvinced personally.

Would his CRB certificate convince you ?

Eagle's Nest
20-09-2017, 07:39 PM
This is the FA being an absolute crock of shite, again. What a mess.

Cleared of any wrongdoing in 2014, cleared to work as a football coach in 2014 and then sacked in 2017 by the FA. They claim this has no relation to the other situation with Aluko.

Fatboy
20-09-2017, 07:58 PM
It's a bit like if you found out Bobby Robson had been fingering Peter Beardsley:

You wouldn't know who to feel sorry for...

His manicurist ?

Percy Dalton
20-09-2017, 08:03 PM
This is the FA being an absolute crock of shite, again. What a mess.

Cleared of any wrongdoing in 2014, cleared to work as a football coach in 2014 and then sacked in 2017 by the FA. They claim this has no relation to the other situation with Aluko.

One of the worst examples of FA weakness they and Aluko are pathetic and the BBC have milked this in their normal PC manner. Disgusting

Fatboy
20-09-2017, 08:03 PM

Apparently his cock is bigger than Lukaku's......

Wolfnipplechips
20-09-2017, 08:11 PM
One of the worst examples of FA weakness they and Aluko are pathetic and the BBC have milked this in their normal PC manner. Disgusting

Not as pathetic as you though Percy you utter no mark.:p

Time and time again you demonstrate your ability to pontificate on issues you have absolutely no knowledge of.

In one post you slate the FA, the BBC and a woman who's has represented England 102 times and describe it as disgusting.

You fraud.

Presumably you would have sorted this out in a flash whilst banging goals in by the hatful?

Brett
20-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Blimey, I thought our Coneyhallian would have backed the white man over the black woman.

Brett
20-09-2017, 08:19 PM

Itís like UKIP bingo

PeterH
20-09-2017, 08:20 PM
He got fully paid off. If the FA have a case to answer he should be able to take them to tribunal. He has to weigh up whether he has a case to answer and maybe he will think he hasn't done so bad with the pay off.

However, this puts a slur on his ability to get another job - and he may want to discuss that with his legal team.

Worksop Palace
20-09-2017, 08:25 PM
He got fully paid off. If the FA have a case to answer he should be able to take them to tribunal. He has to weigh up whether he has a case to answer and maybe he will think he hasn't done so bad with the pay off.

However, this puts a slur on his ability to get another job - and he may want to discuss that with his legal team.

Sky said no pay off

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 08:47 PM

Not forgetting SJW White Knights of choice, the Guardian.

JAS78
20-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Sky said no pay off

Sky said there will be a pay off to cover the normal legalities, so he won't have done too badly

Obviously not in the Sven and Capello bracket but this isn't men's football.

Tomo
20-09-2017, 09:10 PM

Not condemned anyone.

2 people have come forward and said he spoke to them inappropriately and made comments that they deemed racist.
He's now been sacked for something completely else.
Why would the FA (as incompetent as they are) get this deep in one case, then just sack him for something else without being certain.

It's quite clear that at best he's an idiot, most probably an idiot and a pretty nasty bit of work, and at worst those 2 and a sexist racist.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Time and time again you demonstrate your ability to pontificate on issues you have absolutely no knowledge of.

On the BBS? Who would do such a thing?:supergrin:

PeterH
20-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Sky said no pay off

BBC said contract paid up in full.

'Last year Sampson signed a new contract to remain in charge until 2019. He has had his contract paid up in full by the FA.'

rhiannapaul
20-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Hope he fights this ..his livelihood mortgage ruined for few words by bitter rejected past it player

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Why would the FA (as incompetent as they are) get this deep in one case, then just sack him for something else without being certain.

Because if you throw enough mud at someone sooner or later it sticks, and the FA are terrified of having anything off message related to them.

PeterH
20-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Hope he fights this ..his livelihood mortgage ruined for few words by bitter rejected past it player

I suspect that having his contract paid off comes with signing something that negates legal action on his part.

And his sacking is related to an earlier issue. Looks a lot like being more than just a coach at Bristol...

It might be something like me being less than professional (and a bit slimy) with one or some of my female (or male - why not) students.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Someone has already made the point why she was not past it (top league goalscorer) ,and also as has been repeated a number of times on here, she made a complaint, and was dropped straight afterwards, not she was dropped so then made a complaint.

Sam Spade
20-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Someone has already made the point why she was not past it (top league goalscorer) ,and also as has been repeated a number of times on here, she made a complaint, and was dropped straight afterwards, not she was dropped so then made a complaint.

But she admitted that she had been criticised for her attitude by Sampson prior to the complaint.

mushroom
20-09-2017, 10:15 PM
But she admitted that she had been criticised for her attitude by Sampson prior to the complaint.

Maybe it was a joke when they got on.... but after they fell out... she decided it was a racial comment.

in-exile
20-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Meh.

ExiledStirling
20-09-2017, 10:25 PM
and had it been bad then?

Admitted or just volunteered?

Chillo
20-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Would his CRB certificate convince you ?

No, that only proves you haven't been caught yet.

adrenalin john
20-09-2017, 10:37 PM
I have no idea what happened between him and certain players. Probably only those involved truly know

However, based on absolutely nothing bar gut reaction, he has always come across a complete creep to me.

Isle of Wight
20-09-2017, 10:47 PM
So we get an England manager, that the team demonstrate their support for after the 1st goal last night, that is successful and media tear it all down. It seems journalistic faux outrage wins again.

Eagle's Nest
20-09-2017, 11:11 PM

If you read the reports, Aluko isn't the reason he was fired.

Kylie_Tracey
20-09-2017, 11:28 PM
No, that only proves you haven't been caught yet.

off course it does't it lists every single conviction and caution , I take it you've never seen an upto date CRB? certificate?

jimmy the gent
20-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Throw enough shit at someone, and it'll stick. I dont know how anyone can watch that clip of her crocodile tears and think she's being on the level.

Another Oxted Eagle
21-09-2017, 04:29 AM
I'm awake at stupid o'clock feeling rough so have been doing some elementary Google digging on Sampson. Like quite a few on here I found Aluko's interview far from convincing and therefore felt a bit sorry for MS.

Not any more !

I don't want to link to anything for fear of upsetting the mods but some simple googling will lead to some other Forums where people were predicting back in 2014 that he would be fired once people realised what he was up to (with insider info and examples)

RedStripe Eagle
21-09-2017, 05:21 AM
Does seem like he has acted inappropriately and should have been sacked for what he said did, also does show that there could be some issues in the England women's dressing room, seems very similar to the KP and the England cricket problems, with racism added in on top

The bit I find odd is I still do not understand why I still find aluko very untrustworthy - the video, her Twitter comments (going back about a while) - a lot of things don't add up here and she does seem v matey with only Sanderson and spence on Twitter - but not the other players?

Adlerhorst
21-09-2017, 06:19 AM
So the FA investigated him a few years ago for a potential safeguarding threat for his actions at Bristol (report was when he was England manager) and what, they forgot to read it, now read it and sacked him.

It's weird. They have intestigated twice over the racism issue and found no issue. It almost feels like they don't want to go through the racism thing again so have now sacked him for something they already investigated and didn't take action against him for before.

It's quite impressive for Sampson, the FA and Aluko to all come out of this looking bad.

Tomo
21-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Because if you throw enough mud at someone sooner or later it sticks, and the FA are terrified of having anything off message related to them.

But they would have to ensure that the reasons are watertight.
After all that's happened previously they couldn't then just go and sack him for no reason. Would only bring more trouble there way if he were to sue.

That's not trying to hide the fact It's clear as day how incompetent the FA have been.

Skintagain
21-09-2017, 06:28 AM
Very strange interview from Martin Glenn, he's okay to work in football, he's been cleared of all allegations by us and independently. Even so we've decided to sack him.
Over the things he's been cleared of??
If his contract hasn't been paid up I would expect a tribunal.

Far East Eagle
21-09-2017, 06:31 AM
What a joke women's football has become. There was a very clear feminist agenda against him as he was a man managing the women's team. Then there was all this cry-wold racism bollocks where a player, unhappy she had been dropped tried to make out he was a racist. And now he's been sacked for getting his willy wet. There are plenty of women working in the men's game. I hope they too will be sacked if they shag a player.

Skintagain
21-09-2017, 06:31 AM
But they would have to ensure that the reasons are watertight.
After all that's happened previously they couldn't then just go and sack him for no reason. Would only bring more trouble there way if he were to sue.

That's not trying to hide the fact It's clear as day how incompetent the FA have been.

It seems to me that Aluko is out to see that this will run and run and the FA want out.
Getting rid of him is the way out, now there's bullying for you.

And I see gloating about it on twitter. Drop someone and your career gets destroyed.

ExiledStirling
21-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Drop someone and your career gets destroyed.
Why are you trotting out this shit, when for the umpteen time it has been stated on this thread, she put in a complaint and then she was dropped for the following game. He claimed it was for footballing reasons and was unaware at the time that a complaint had been made.

As has also been explained the reason he has been sacked is not related to her complaint and because of his activities when at Bristol. Now I dare say had a spotlight not been placed on him because of the complaints made against him by Aluko and the other footballer whose name escapes me just now, he probably will still be in his position, but grounds exist for the FA to sack him, so why are simply glossing over such basic facts, to present a very partial view on something you really do not have an inside track on?

RedStripe Eagle
21-09-2017, 07:31 AM
I hope they too will be sacked if they shag a player.

Karen Brady.........

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Karen Brady.........

Eva Caniero

RedStripe Eagle
21-09-2017, 07:36 AM
Eva Caniero

She did get sacked, didn't Brady get a promotion? But then if you work for the porn barons then I suppose what you get is what you get.....

RedStripe Eagle
21-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Porn barons, sorry I meant dildo kings..

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 07:42 AM
She did get sacked, didn't Brady get a promotion? But then if you work for the porn barons then I suppose what you get is what you get.....

she won a tribunal case for her wrongful dismissal didn't she? Brady's antics resulted a badge of honour

Skintagain
21-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Why are you trotting out this shit, when for the umpteen time it has been stated on this thread, she put in a complaint and then she was dropped for the following game. He claimed it was for footballing reasons and was unaware at the time that a complaint had been made.

As has also been explained the reason he has been sacked is not related to her complaint and because of his activities when at Bristol. Now I dare say had a spotlight not been placed on him because of the complaints made against him by Aluko and the other footballer whose name escapes me just now, he probably will still be in his position, but grounds exist for the FA to sack him, so why are simply glossing over such basic facts, to present a very partial view on something you really do not have an inside track on?

Its not shit at all, its a view taken from the overall outcome of what happened and lining up what facts we know in their most likely way.

The problem with Bristol is that he'd already been cleared by the FA themselves and although cleared its now a sackable offence.

Martin Glenn himself said.
Is Mark Sampson fit to work as a coach in football generally in your opinion?
Mark Sampson is absolutely clear to work as a coach in football.

Saying that and then sacking him simply doesn't add up.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 07:52 AM

I also think you keep getting the timeline wrong ES, and as Skintagain and others have said and my research has led me to believe she was clearly dropped and then started her agenda driven campaign against Sampson because her nose had been put out of joint and, I dont wish to sound patronising ES because you seem a decent fella but it might be an idea that you drop that viewpoint.

Popester
21-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Women working at training grounds do get sacked for sleeping with players.

Eva Carneiro wasnt sacked for sleeping with a player, she claimed constructive dismissal. And she settled her Tribunal claim.

It does seem very strange that the FA knew about the report but only recently read it. I suspect Sampson was on thin ice over the growing number of recent complaints about inappropriate behaviour and the old dusty report was a convenient last straw.

Jules
21-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Women working at training grounds do get sacked for sleeping with players.

Though they're far less likely to be sacked if they aren't in a position of influence over their sleeping partner, or his team-mates. Karren Brady's bloke got shifted out to Sheffield United to prevent this situation.

As for the timescale question, there was a phrase that stuck in my mind - that Aluko was dropped for "un-Lioness behaviour", which supposedly amounted to looking a bit moody in team meetings. She then raised a complaint about bullying and racist comments, made to her and Drew Spence(?).

EDIT: just read back an old article, which supports ES's version, that she complained and was then dropped on the grounds mentioned above.

"Aluko goes on to say that her 11-year England career, encompassing 102 caps, was ended within a week or so of detailing her experiences in what was described as a confidential report for what the FA’s technical director, Dan Ashworth, called a “culture review”. Sampson is said to have visited her at Chelsea’s training ground and said he was dropping her for “unlioness behaviour” on the previous England camp. Her view is that it was “retaliation” but the FA has told her the two are not related. According to Newton’s report, Sampson’s explanations for leaving out Aluko related to her attitude and behaviour."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

Sam Spade
21-09-2017, 08:27 AM
and had it been bad then?

Admitted or just volunteered?

1. Yes.
2. Volunteered the admission under BBC "scrutiny".

I'm also puzzled why every sympathetic report refers to her occupation as "a qualified solicitor". I wonder if they would see that as relevant if she was a plumber.

Olympian2
21-09-2017, 08:44 AM
It does seem very strange that the FA knew about the report but only recently read it. I suspect Sampson was on thin ice over the growing number of recent complaints about inappropriate behaviour and the old dusty report was a convenient last straw.

Agreed

Popester
21-09-2017, 08:56 AM
1. Yes.
2. Volunteered the admission under BBC "scrutiny".

I'm also puzzled why every sympathetic report refers to her occupation as "a qualified solicitor". I wonder if they would see that as relevant if she was a plumber.

It is a bit like the regular references to Iain Dowie being a rocket scientist, or Bamford rejecting a place at Harvard. The media like to highlight things about footballers which indicate that the player is intelligent.

ExiledStirling
21-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I also think you keep getting the timeline wrong ES, and as Skintagain and others have said and my research has led me to believe she was clearly dropped and then started her agenda driven campaign against Sampson because her nose had been put out of joint and, I dont wish to sound patronising ES because you seem a decent fella but it might be an idea that you drop that viewpoint.
I heard it trotted out a number of times when this case was discussed in the media a short while back, that she was dropped after making a complaint, so took it as fact as I never heard it actually disputed.

However as you perhaps suggested to me to do, I have delved a little deeper and I think you are probably right re the timeline.

Honest mistake on my part, but apologies to all that I pulled up on this point.

It has obviously changed how I view this now.

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:10 AM
What a joke women's football has become. There was a very clear feminist agenda against him as he was a man managing the women's team. Then there was all this cry-wold racism bollocks where a player, unhappy she had been dropped tried to make out he was a racist. And now he's been sacked for getting his willy wet. There are plenty of women working in the men's game. I hope they too will be sacked if they shag a player.

A post so vile that it includes the holy trinity of ignorance. That's quite an impressive feat.

Percy Dalton
21-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Aluko is clearly paying the racist card to settle a score with him. The FA to pacify the PC media have caved in although they have said he is OK to work in football ? If he is OK to work in football then he is OK to still be England manager. Three investigations have cleared him the current England squad are right behind him, so why sack him for any other reason than politics

Kirby
21-09-2017, 09:21 AM
we are party to the fact that two FA and an independent inquiry has seen him cleared , Sampson's only crime it appears at the moment that he might appear a bit "slimey,shifty or looks in a particular way that people dont like" how would you like it if you found yourself out of a dream job you adore on the basis of a hidden agenda and forcing you out of your job because it might appear to be a safe option, would you think it was so hilarious?

Yes, I'm sure he's been sacked for looking shifty. FFS.

Far East Eagle
21-09-2017, 09:23 AM
A post so vile that it includes the holy trinity of ignorance. That's quite an impressive feat.

I generally use a yardstick of people like you to see if I'm on the right track. If you're offended, I'm probably right.

1. There is an agenda in the media (read the Graun) and Twitter against Sampson because they are unhappy a man in the manager of the women's team.

2. He was cleared of the racism charge.

3. I don't see any problem with two consenting adults having sex. Why do you care so much about what people do in their bedroom?

Olympian2
21-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Aluko is clearly paying the racist card to settle a score with him. The FA to pacify the PC media have caved in although they have said he is OK to work in football ? If he is OK to work in football then he is OK to still be England manager. Three investigations have cleared him the current England squad are right behind him, so why sack him for any other reason than politics

See Allardyce, Sam.

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 09:24 AM

My reading of it. Aluko and everything thats come with her case in the media has thown enough mud, and now the FA have come to the conclusion that the case has become toxic. Never mind that he's been cleared of the charges. Whole case has stunk from start to finish.

bourne man
21-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Think from some of the posts on here we have a few posters who feel strangely threatened by women and have an odd agenda against them

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Think from some of the posts on here we have a few posters who feel strangely threatened by women and have an odd agenda against them

The fact it's a black woman has blown their mind.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Yes, I'm sure he's been sacked for looking shifty. FFS.

I didn't say he had, I merely commented that his only crime was the so called shiftiness or sliminess that some on here had labelled him as, although had the accusers on here been on the FA disciplinary hearing I'm sure they would have added these traits to the evidence, laughable really the poor guy has been hung out to dry.

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 09:43 AM

You watched the Aluko interview and think she's telling the truth and not acting vindictively?

Sam Spade
21-09-2017, 09:43 AM

Are you suggesting that her gender and ethnic background absolve her claims from scrutiny?

SEEPEEEFFSEE
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM
The Aluko claims against Sampson were pretty specific, she's either a complete nut job or simply doesn't have the proof required to ensure Sampson is bang to rights.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM

I think its the opposite of feeling threatened rather just seeing through what an agenda driven lot of cobblers she has been spouting off, the performance on breakfast TV was pathetic and her comment on the England players celebrating on Tuesday night as being "disrespectful" even more so, I think Warren Barton has more credibility this day and age than her and thats saying something.

Far East Eagle
21-09-2017, 09:48 AM
You watched the Aluko interview and think she's telling the truth and not acting vindictively?

Black people are infallible. All white people are racist. Get with the times, dude.

Worksop Palace
21-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Sorry ?

Why would anyone feel threatened by a women they don't know who has no bearing on their lives ?

Bizarre comment

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Are you suggesting that her gender and ethnic background absolve her claims from scrutiny?

That's a strange jump in logic.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 09:55 AM

stumped you though hasn't it ! :D

Sam Spade
21-09-2017, 09:55 AM

How?

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 09:56 AM
The irony being that it's the usual right-on brigade that actually display prejudice in this case. They see a black woman with a white male boss, and already their minds are made up, without looking objectively and judging the people on their actions, independent of whatever group they belong to.

PauLo
21-09-2017, 09:56 AM

I don't know if she's telling the truth or not. She's not backing down from her claims, though. And although i've never been racially discriminated against (much like all the posters on here), I would imagine i'd be angry if I was constantly battered by people that don't know the situation and only going on little bits of info in the press.

Worksop Palace
21-09-2017, 09:57 AM
stumped you though hasn't it ! :D

:lux:

Popester
21-09-2017, 09:58 AM

Katharine Newton is a well-regarded barrister and employment law (i.e. discrimination) specialist. She carried out an independent investigation into the allegations and didn't find in Aluko's favour.

http://www.oldsquare.co.uk/our-people/profile/katharine-newton

Kidofwonder
21-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Aluko made the allegation ages ago, was dropped by Sampson for "unlioness like conduct" but never told what that was. Other players spoke in private to her about being uncomfortable with his behaviour towards them, so she persued it. She took the £80k in damages and signed some kind of temporary NDA, as to not damage England's chances at any of the major tournaments because playing for her country meant a lot to her and she wanted to stand by her team mates. Why would she torpedo her own career over nothing?

PauLo
21-09-2017, 10:00 AM
How?

Because that's got nothing to do with what I posted. I was merely backing up bourne man's post with an additional comment on how people appear to be acting on here.

Jules
21-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Sorry ?

Why would anyone feel threatened by a women they don't know who has no bearing on their lives ?

Bizarre comment

Because their mummies weren't always nice to them.

Windsor_Eagle
21-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Something odd about all of this. The exception being of course that the FA seem to have handled it atrociously. That is par for the course.

I don't know if Sampson is a wrong'un or not. I don't know if Aluko is fibbing or not. However, this has the hallmarks of the FA now seeing Sampson as toxic and finding some reason somewhere (no doubt after consulting with their lawyers) to sack him.

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Aluko made the allegation ages ago, was dropped by Sampson for "unlioness like conduct" but never told what that was. Other players spoke in private to her about being uncomfortable with his behaviour towards them, so she persued it. She took the £80k in damages and signed some kind of temporary NDA, as to not damage England's chances at any of the major tournaments because playing for her country meant a lot to her and she wanted to stand by her team mates. Why would she torpedo her own career over nothing?

'other players told her in private' - yet have not come out publicly? Hmmm...

Her career is almost spent. she was 31/32 during the incidents, dropped by her club and as a fwd almost certainly in the twighlight of her international career regardless.

Fact that she has now garnered a media profile, and niche for her post playing legal career, should she wish to pursue that, is also pretty uncomfortbale IMHO.

Seems to me she has acted out of self interest and spite all along. I've seen her interviews and she comes across as vindictive and false. Frankly a lousy actress. The crocodile tears on that BBC piece were laughable.

mushroom
21-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Aluko said she laughed at his alleged comment. 3 years later it brings her to tears in a interview. I'm not having it. I've been in plenty of dressing rooms... I've heard and been subjected to far worse.
Anyone that's played in a football team will have experienced similar stuff.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Her career is almost spent. she was 31/32 during the incidents, dropped by her club and as a fwd almost certainly in the twighlight of her international career regardless.

Fact that she has now garnered a media profile, and niche for her post playing legal career, should she wish to pursue that, is also pretty uncomfortbale IMHO.

Seems to me she has acted out of self interest and spite all along. I've seen her interviews and she comes across as vindictive and false. Frankly a lousy actress. The crocodile tears on that BBC piece were laughable.

guess who will be appearing next on Big Brother?

Worksop Palace
21-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Because that's got nothing to do with what I posted. I was merely backing up bourne man's post with an additional comment on how people appear to be acting on here.

How do people appear to be acting ? Some think she is taking the proverbial and some don't. It's called opinions. Just because someone's feeling is she is not genuine doesn't automatically mean they are racist and misogynistic.

I think Sampson is shifty. Don't know the guy but like everyone else I form an opinion only from what I see.

Why do you constantly feel the need to label people because of their view or opinion ?

Kylie_Tracey
Aluko said she laughed at his alleged comment. 3 years later it brings her to tears in a interview. I'm not having it. I've been in plenty of dressing rooms... I've heard and been subjected to far worse.
Anyone that's played in a football team will have experienced similar stuff.

to think Don Revie use to give his Leeds players naked soapy massages!

Worksop Palace
guess who will be appearing next on Big Brother?

Jimmy The Gent ?

adrenalin john
21-09-2017, 10:11 AM
I am amazed how convinced some people are one way or another. I think only the various players and Manager know exactly what happened. And even they may genuinely interpreted the others actions or words falsely.

Generally people's comments shed less light on what happened but shine brightly on their own agenda's

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 10:12 AM
The whole case sets a pretty terrible example to others. If you can claim to be one of any of the Identity Politics groups of choice, you can pursue anyone in the workplace over the slightest of claims, earn yourself a substantial pay off, and bring down your boss, all the while being a 'brave victim' in the eyes of the wider media.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Jimmy The Gent ?:supergrin:

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 10:13 AM
I am amazed how convinced some people are one way or another. I think only the various players and Manager know exactly what happened. And even they may genuinely interpreted the others actions or words falsely.

Generally people's comments shed less light on what happened but shine brightly on their own agenda's

dont be such a silly sausage

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Jimmy The Gent ?

Be the cheap option at least. Being voted out first round would also mean the garden wouldnt suffer in my absence. I'm in.

PauLo
21-09-2017, 10:18 AM
How do people appear to be acting ? Some think she is taking the proverbial and some don't. It's called opinions. Just because someone's feeling is she is not genuine doesn't automatically mean they are racist and misogynistic.

I think Sampson is shifty. Don't know the guy but like everyone else I form an opinion only from what I see.

Why do you constantly feel the need to label people because of their view or opinion ?

There are shades of grey to everything. That includes discrimination. Do I think people are being obviously and overtly mysogynistic? Of course not. But people, including myself, will have pre existing beliefs and thoughts about everyone, be it a black woman or a white man. Subconsciously, these views will seep into there views and beliefs. It's just the way they were raised.

Questioning those beliefs is important and sometimes those views need to be challenged.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 10:21 AM
There are shades of grey to everything. That includes discrimination. Do I think people are being obviously and overtly mysogynistic? Of course not. But people, including myself, will have pre existing beliefs and thoughts about everyone, be it a black woman or a white man. Subconsciously, these views will seep into there views and beliefs. It's just the way they were raised.

Questioning those beliefs is important and sometimes those views need to be challenged.

I think you underestimate human nature in people, and I sense you tar people with the same brush which is rather sad, questioning the way people have been raised is even more ridiculous and irrelevant.

penguin7
21-09-2017, 10:25 AM
A state of panic exists in the FA. A permanent banner at the ground reading "Super White Army" and referring to the colour of Tranmere shirts had to be hidden....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127

And typically the FA refuse to comment, taking no responsibility for their decision.

PauLo
21-09-2017, 10:27 AM
I think you underestimate human nature in people, and I sense you tar people with the same brush which is rather sad, questioning the way people have been raised is even more ridiculous and irrelevant.

Why? It's human nature and not something we can control. You seem to assume I mean that people are growing up in households where they're taught that woman and lower life forms or people of different ethnicities are somehow below white people. That's not what i'm saying at all. It's a lot more subtle, hence why some people don't recognise what they're saying and get wound up when told their views can be viewed as offensive to some.

It's not all black and white.

Sam Spade
21-09-2017, 10:29 AM

You implied ( by your support of the previous post) that posters were being mysogynistic and racist by questioning and (in some cases) pouring scorn on the players version of events.
This is a discussion forum where views differ. If a poster has been mysogynistic or racist you are able to report them. If they are merely doubting a version of events then that is reasonable surely?
Now, I ask you again, do you think her gender or ethnicity preclude her version of events from scrutiny ( and hence agreement or doubt)?
The poster who opined about posters having an agenda against women and your assertion that it was black women in particular does the case for support for her claims no good at all.

Worksop Palace
21-09-2017, 10:31 AM
You implied ( by your support of the previous post) that posters were being mysogynistic and racist by questioning and (in some cases) pouring scorn on the players version of events.
This is a discussion forum where views differ. If a poster has been mysogynistic or racist you are able to report them. If they are merely doubting a version of events then that is reasonable surely?
Now, I ask you again, do you think her gender or ethnicity preclude her version of events from scrutiny ( and hence agreement or doubt)?
The poster who opined about posters having an agenda against women and your assertion that it was black women in particular does the case for support for her claims no good at all.

Well said

Windsor_Eagle
21-09-2017, 10:34 AM
For those who haven't read it, the independent report into Aluko's allegations against Sampson (click the link on this webpage to open up the detailed PDF letter).

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/17/fa-statement-170817

Tomo
21-09-2017, 10:37 AM

I'd imagine they're the same sort of person who thinks It is a woman's fault if she was raped if they're wearing a short skirt.

Edit: because the original post wasn't quite what I intended.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 10:40 AM
I'd imagine they're the same sort of person who thinks a woman deserves to be raped if they're wearing a short skirt.

and I'd hope there is not one single person on this forum that would believe that, a ridiculous example if you dont mind me saying

mushroom
21-09-2017, 10:41 AM

Absolutely.

I base my opinion/theory on...

The team and ex players (one mixed race) supporting him, even current teammates of Aluko support MS. Surely they are closer to this than most.

Two enquiries finding him innocent (FA and independent enquiry)

Aluko's interview... seemed totally fake to me... a joke that made her laugh 3 years ago, now brings her to tears ??

Aluko not cooperating with enquiry.

I apply logic and my limited intelligence to come to a conclusion, I judge each situation independently... and I don't have a agenda to push. I respect everyone's opinion on this, without smearing their opinion with insinuating racism or misogyny.

Worksop Palace
21-09-2017, 10:42 AM
I'd imagine they're the same sort of person who thinks a woman deserves to be raped if they're wearing a short skirt.

Kin ell Tomo

mushroom
21-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Jeez.

BERT'S HEAD
21-09-2017, 10:48 AM
to think Don Revie use to give his Leeds players naked soapy massages!

Is that why they were known as "dirty Leeds?".

west country boy
21-09-2017, 10:51 AM
I'd imagine they're the same sort of person who thinks a woman deserves to be raped if they're wearing a short skirt.There have been some very rum posts from both sides on this thread, but I think you win, young Tomo.

IanH
21-09-2017, 10:56 AM
So first Sam and now this guy have been sacked over scandals rather than the team's performance. No wonder squeaky clean Southgate is in charge :D

WIZARD
21-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Is this linked to the England ladies race row?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41337127

PauLo
21-09-2017, 11:03 AM
and I'd hope there is not one single person on this forum that would believe that, a ridiculous example if you dont mind me saying

Whilst it's calmed down drastically and those that say it got roundly admonished, some have said it in the past.

3 Beers at HT
21-09-2017, 11:08 AM
Is that why they were known as "dirty Leeds?".

'Were' known?

Dirty L666ds

ExiledStirling
21-09-2017, 11:26 AM
For those who haven't read it, the independent report into Aluko's allegations against Sampson (click the link on this webpage to open up the detailed PDF letter).

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/aug/17/fa-statement-170817
I wonder why Aluko refused to speak to Katharine Newton the barrister appointed to investigate her claims.

Reading Newton's report summary, a lot of the accusations made seem very petty, and in some cases clearly refuted, and in others on the balance of probability having no grounds.

Maybe if Aluko had participated in the very investigation she had triggered Newton's report would have a different slant, but without her input, how else is the investigation going to fully deal with the claims and counter claims.

As it is, the report through no deliberate attempt to do so, makes Aluko appear as someone who is over sensitive and perhaps full of her own self importance.

Windsor_Eagle
21-09-2017, 11:29 AM
I reached similar conclusions ES.

I hasten to add of course that this DOES NOT appear to be the reason behind Sampson's sacking, but the inexplicable decision to suddenly bring up an issue that an investigation (3 years ago) previously cleared him of seems very odd.

Golf Boy
21-09-2017, 11:49 AM

They were uncomfortable - she gets 80k. How does that work?

Old Joe Paxton
21-09-2017, 11:51 AM
sad, two FA hearings and an independent inquiry,huge support from the England team last night but his reputation seems to be in tatters, I wonder why Aluko is pushing more to destroy the poor guys reputation, I saw her performance on tv a few weeks back, quite pathetic in all honesty she clearly seems deluded and should seek help.

Hmm. Very strong opnions. You know some inside information? Or you just happen to have strong opinions on race? Do expand

Old Joe Paxton
21-09-2017, 11:53 AM
As far as I know his dismissal does not seem linked to the England players race row. Seems to be concerned with different, more intimate issues.

Old Joe Paxton
21-09-2017, 12:04 PM
The England player allegations:

'The whole situation is “a mess”, aptly described as such by sports minister Tracey Crouch. The FA’s handling of the Aluko case also warrants fresh discussion, not least since it emerged that Chelsea’s Drew Spence came forward to corroborate Aluko’s claims. The £80,000 pay-out to Aluko - despite Sampson’s innocence being maintained at the time - looks increasingly grubby.'

The Evening Standard

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fa-s-role-as-guardians-of-football-left-in-a-total-mess-by-astonishing-blunders-made-with-mark-a3640276.html

Golf Boy
21-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Whilst it's calmed down drastically and those that say it got roundly admonished, some have said it in the past.

Are you saying there are BBS'ers who have said that if a woman wears a short skirt, she deserves to be raped?

Kidofwonder
21-09-2017, 12:16 PM

Nothing scares you more than educated black women does it?

mushroom
21-09-2017, 12:17 PM
Are you saying there are BBS'ers who have said that if a woman wears a short skirt, she deserves to be raped?

It will be easy for PauLo to back this claim up.

Kidofwonder
21-09-2017, 12:19 PM
i think if you dig through the Ched Evans thread, you'll find some posts that make insinuations close to that mark.

mushroom
21-09-2017, 12:31 PM
i think if you dig through the Ched Evans thread, you'll find some posts that make insinuations close to that mark.

That's not what you said.

Another Oxted Eagle
21-09-2017, 12:32 PM

Sorry KoW, I have no problem with you personally but why the ---k would you say something like this. Surely this is just like the Forum equivalent of flicking someone's ears until they react ?

adrenalin john
21-09-2017, 12:34 PM
As Alderhorst succinctly said. Out of the FA, Sampson and Aluko none of them come out of this looking good - quite the opposite.

The whole thing is a mess. Aluko may have genuinely felt suspicion about Sampson - that is either misplaced or unprovable. And in defence of anyone in Sampson's position football is a passionate sport and at times emotions will run high. As a manager you need to squeeze every last bit of fight and effort out of players. At such times will we always speak absolutely calmly and evenly?

The FA are simply paranoid of being labelled anything -ist.

No one really knows what happened except the protagonists and even they have mis-intepreted the other party's intent or words.

west country boy
21-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Nothing scares you more than educated black women does it?Thick as pigshit eternal students are more scary in my o.

mushroom

I just did a search of the Ched Evens thread... there was no mention of women wearing short skirts deserved to be raped.

the only mention of the word "skirt" in the whole tread is....

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=12948225&postcount=2090

Far East Eagle

Nothing gives you more of a hard-on. Why do you lot care so much about race? Are you over-compensating for those racist feelings you have in you buried deep down in places you don't talk about at parties?

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Hmm. Very strong opnions. You know some inside information? Or you just happen to have strong opinions on race? Do expand

have I mentioned anything about her race?

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 12:40 PM

what a foolish idiotic thing to say

Selhurst Celtic
21-09-2017, 12:40 PM
This is a good thread. There's been discussion, arguing, jokes, & now and again some good posts.

The next step is for the Society of Black Lawyers to pick up this case on behalf of Aluko, and for Pardew to be named as the new manager.

Robin
21-09-2017, 12:45 PM
The guy has been hounded out of office by a media sh*tstorm. Hard to believe that there is anything so terrible in the FA safeguarding report or he would never have got the job in the first place. He has been cleared of the later allegations by two enquiries. It doesn't exactly feel just or fair.

BERT'S HEAD
21-09-2017, 12:48 PM
The guy has been hounded out of office by a media sh*tstorm. Hard to believe that there is anything so terrible in the FA safeguarding report or he would never have got the job in the first place. He has been cleared of the later allegations by two enquiries. It doesn't exactly feel just or fair.

This story will run awhile methinks.

Kylie_Tracey
21-09-2017, 12:49 PM
This is a good thread. There's been discussion, arguing, jokes, & now and again some good posts.

The next step is for the Society of Black Lawyers to pick up this case on behalf of Aluko, and for Pardew to be named as the new manager.

with John Terry as the assistant manager and a place for Mullery in an ambassadorial role

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 01:47 PM

Exactly this. Sets a very bad precedent in all walks of life and industries. Attack someone with extremely weak accusations, they get cleared twice by independent review, keep at it, and sooner or later the company will fold as mud inevitably sticks.

mushroom
21-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Exactly this. Sets a very bad precedent in all walks of life and industries. Attack someone with extremely weak accusations, they get cleared twice by independent review, keep at it, and sooner or later the company will fold as mud inevitably sticks.

He was sacked for misdemeanours in his previous employment.

PeterH
21-09-2017, 01:59 PM

I think it excites me. But don't let the missus know.

jimmy the gent
21-09-2017, 02:07 PM

Yet the FA said he was 'categorically not a safeguard threat'. Surely the FA would have done their due diligence, ref checking etc at the time of application and concluded he was fit for the role?

Seems to me this is another example of weak leadership at the FA. Similarly to Sam's sacking. Media shitstorm over what is frankly pretty weak charges, and they shit the bed, and throw an employee under the bus.

Worth remembering Sampson's career and reputation have been massively damaged. It's not like he's rich, look at his positions previously, hardly on the premiership gravy train. So now he's marked as toxic, will struggle to find work in the only profession he's had. It's not like a top premier manager getting multi million pound pay offs after a career at the top table.

Tomo
21-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Edited my previous post because it wasn't quite what I meant/intended it to be.

Terrace Bickle
21-09-2017, 03:12 PM
So in summary the FA are totally incompetent and heads should roll, but they won't. Bunch of *****.

Percy Dalton
21-09-2017, 04:50 PM

I don't think so yet again there was an investigation and he was cleared. The allegations were apparently anonymous. There were some issues but these seemed unimportant until the FA wanted an excuse to sack him

EryrExile
21-09-2017, 05:36 PM

No.

He's saying that there are BBS'ers who, upon putting on a short skirt, suddenly find themselves quite supportive of the idea of women being raped, in a way they aren't when wearing other clothing.

Or at least that's how I understood Tomo's post.

CP-RJW
21-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I interpreted it as a hyperbolic (and to be honest an outrageous) way of saying that there are BBSers who would engage in victim blaming if a woman was raped by asking "what was she wearing" etc. It's not really a negative indictment upon the BBS as it's a problem throughout society, but the way he phrased it was unacceptable.

Golf Boy
21-09-2017, 05:58 PM
Edited my previous post because it wasn't quite what I meant/intended it to be.

I see that. You are now slightly less of an tw@t than before.

wedgetail
21-09-2017, 06:06 PM
All I got out of the the interview of the FA bloke on the radio was that Sampson wasn't sacked because of anything before he joined the England team or while he was the manager of England. It was serious or not serious depending on the sentence, it was also something that was unknown by the FA at the time of his appointment but the FA kew about it.

Chillo
21-09-2017, 06:17 PM

I can't understand why people don't seem to have realised this and are banging on about Eni Aluko.

PeterH
21-09-2017, 06:32 PM
I can't understand why people don't seem to have realised this and are banging on about Eni Aluko.

Exactly this.

It appears clear enough that two investigations and an independant review by a female barrister didn't find a case for Sampson to answer for. Although you have to ask why the 80k was awarded, and if you're looking for scapegoats - you can start by investigating and sacking the person/people who authorised the hush hush money.

You can also start the investigation into who hired Sampson without doing the proper due dilligence into his previous job roles. Then demote them accordingly so their incompetence doesn't affect the next candidates for the job.