PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference Live: Pre-Man City Friday 1:15pm

shropfan
22-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Just wondered if I had missed Roy's pre City press conference as I have seen no links to it?

GreatGonzo
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Just wondered if I had missed Roy's pre City press conference as I have seen no links to it?

Media requirement to have one before and after the game so there should be one.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 08:03 AM
It was great.

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Roy overslept. We'll have one next week, if he isnt down the doctors.

adrenalin john
22-09-2017, 08:10 AM
It was great.

I was shocked. Not in a bad way but I didn't expect him to so forthright about De Boer and explain so much about Alardyce, Pulis and Parish.

Bit concerned though about how he kept talking about the value of Zaha and needing to sell one player to buy two.

Eagle Kneevil
22-09-2017, 08:13 AM
The most astonishing bit was when he juggled chipmunks.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 08:21 AM
I was shocked. Not in a bad way but I didn't expect him to so forthright about De Boer and explain so much about Alardyce, Pulis and Parish.

Bit concerned though about how he kept talking about the value of Zaha and needing to sell one player to buy two.
And the fact that he has made Delaney his advisor.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 08:21 AM
The most astonishing bit was when he juggled chipmunks.

Racoons

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Racoons

Daft racist

AddoWolz
22-09-2017, 08:27 AM
I know Roy can speak many languages ( possibly 10) but doing the whole press conference in Dutch was tacking the piss a bit, still it shows Roy has a great sense of humour : upergrin:

Popester
22-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Was slightly surprised he repeated the "space monkey" joke about Townsend.

gcwhite
22-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Roy overslept. We'll have one next week, if he isnt down the doctors.

Daft ageist.

Asagaya_Eagle
22-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Said he was looking forward to a nice cup of tea

gcwhite
22-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Said he was looking forward to a nice cup of tea

and a sit down.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Daft ageist.

:p

I've got nothing.

Bryan
22-09-2017, 08:44 AM
The re-introduction of Bourbons was a nice touch I thought

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 08:53 AM
I suppose if they don't announce one nobody can complain when they feck it up. Its logical when you think about it. Plus Roy can turn up when he wants and nobody will be any the wiser.

Yogya
22-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Media requirement to have one before and after the game so there should be one.

Maybe media think it will be a slaughter rather than a game so did not bother with this. That is actually how I prefer it. When even Palace fans write off our prospects I just know we will do well. It is playing against Huddersfield and that elk when we are favourites that I normally fear for the worse

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Maybe media think it will be a slaughter rather than a game so did not bother with this. That is actually how I prefer it. When even Palace fans write off our prospects I just know we will do well. It is playing against Huddersfield and that elk when we are favourites that I normally fear for the worse

Those elk were a good team. Attacked in packs. Actually that might have been wolves thinking about it.

exiledeagle
22-09-2017, 08:58 AM
It was cancelled he is shopping at Iceland

shropfan
22-09-2017, 08:59 AM
I'll take that to be a no then?

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 09:00 AM
Its days like today when i wish we'd gone all out for Pearson.

hEyOtCCiwnY

gaQhHNUOdZ8

E0QiSBQWVBI

Missed the boat there.

Yogya
22-09-2017, 09:02 AM

It is not the manager though is it? Even under Frank, press conferences had become last minute affairs. Does make you wonder what has happened behind the scenes this year

st albans
22-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I'll take that to be a no then?

of course there will be

ebyeeckeagle
22-09-2017, 09:05 AM
This new fangled broadcasting of images via the internet is cutting edge, so no wonder we struggle with it.

ebyeeckeagle
22-09-2017, 09:06 AM
It was cancelled he is shopping at Iceland

Getting the prawns in for the sarnies?

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 09:08 AM
It is not the manager though is it? Even under Frank, press conferences had become last minute affairs. Does make you wonder what has happened behind the scenes this year

Does a bit.

Chillo
22-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Those elk were a good team. Attacked in packs. Actually that might have been wolves thinking about it.

... the ones he was dancing with?

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 09:15 AM
... the ones he was dancing with?

:)

They were wild dogs.

No bird-like Icelandic defending for Roy.

mroakley9
22-09-2017, 09:31 AM

I imagine the journalists know well ahead of time, but they don't announce it to us until right before it happens so that people have less time to complain that there won't be a stream of it

macstar
22-09-2017, 09:31 AM
nasty piece of work the Pearson. Will last 6 months in germany.

How he never got done for that McArthur incident is beyond me.

Purepalace
22-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Roy commented on the nip in the air, shouted house, had a little nap then asked if Countdown had started yet?

EddieEdwards
22-09-2017, 09:49 AM
1:15pm

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/watch-todays-press-conference/

chrisophiex
22-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Roy commented on the nip in the air, shouted house, had a little nap then asked if Countdown had started yet?

I didn't know he was a student ?

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 10:17 AM
1:15pm

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/watch-todays-press-conference/

Clashes with Home and Away.

No bad thing at the moment i suppose though.

mroakley9
22-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Clashes with Home and Away.

I didn't know my Mum was on the BBS

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Why only live on Facebook, only sad individuals without a real life belong to that - sums Palace up I suppose. SP needs to get our IT sorted so it can be shown on something Palace actually own. Simon Jordan would have sorted it out by now

elgin eagle
22-09-2017, 10:45 AM

She loves Home and Away. Evidently Roy isn't a fan though. Either that or he's got someone to record it. He'll be back in for Neighbours.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 10:51 AM

Only when she's not on Grndr

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 10:51 AM
She loves Home and Away. Evidently Roy isn't a fan though. Either that or he's got someone to record it. He'll be back in for Neighbours.

mrgins is going to tape it for him...on Betamax

palace_burger
22-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Why only live on Facebook, only sad individuals without a real life belong to that - sums Palace up I suppose. SP needs to get our IT sorted so it can be shown on something Palace actually own. Simon Jordan would have sorted it out by now

Truly laughable comment firstly that SJ is some kind of technical wizard, how long did it take him to fix a pixel on the jumbo trim! :)

Secondly you have called 'only' 2 billion people sad individuals! That's the number of month users of FB has. A little under a third of the worlds population is significant reach to start with.

Does anyone have a black kettle to hand?

As reported in the press yesterday it's expected FB (and Amazon) are likely to bid for live stream rights when the Sky TV deal runs out, they already show NFL etc

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Truly laughable comment firstly that SJ is some kind of technical wizard, how long did it take him to fix a pixel on the jumbo trim! :)

Secondly you have called 'only' 2 billion people sad individuals! That's the number of month users of FB has. A little under a third of the worlds population is significant reach to start with.

As reported in the press yesterday it's expected FB (and Amazon) are likely to bid for live stream rights when the Sky TV deal runs out, they already show NFL etc

Don't feed the troll.

jimmy the gent
22-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Meanwhile Jason Puncheon's getting stuck into his Ever Decreasing Circles box-set

RobertCPFC
22-09-2017, 11:16 AM

hEyOtCCiwnY

gaQhHNUOdZ8

E0QiSBQWVBI

Missed the boat there.

I'm afraid he won't be coming anytime soon. He has become manager of a Belgium side owned by the same people as Leicester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41359610

PALACEWU
22-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Haha good people skills.

Disco
22-09-2017, 11:48 AM
It is playing against that elk when we are favourites that I normally fear for the worse

I think we all Gnu that would be a tough game

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 11:54 AM

People who live on Facebook have one thing in common, their well-developed sense of humour..........

Mr Palace
22-09-2017, 11:57 AM
I agree - Facebook is largely for wankers and young girls. I look forward to reading the update from the conference on here later.

Selhurst Celtic
22-09-2017, 11:58 AM
I am friends with Steve Mandanda on Facebook.

smileysmith
22-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Says 1:15 start on the website - we're all a bit early aren't we??

New LP
22-09-2017, 12:10 PM
I agree - Facebook is largely for wankers and young girls. I look forward to reading the update from the conference on here later.

Yeah, there are no wankers on here and that's the main thing.

Payroll Legend
22-09-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm afraid he won't be coming anytime soon. He has become manager of a Belgium side owned by the same people as Leicester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41359610

Good lord.

I'd forgotten what an unusual character Pearson is.

Silks&Tekkers
22-09-2017, 12:19 PM
:No Sound on Live Steam on FB :eek:

richj363
22-09-2017, 12:20 PM
CRASHED

Payroll Legend
22-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Lol

Mictor Voses
22-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Roy looks knackered already and I very much get the impression that he has come to realise that the task is much harder than he thought it would be!

Silks&Tekkers
22-09-2017, 12:29 PM
We would struggle to run a tap at the moment, let alone a live stream on FB.

ANTEAGLE
22-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Sakho starts against City!

9Freedman9
22-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Get his confidence nice and smashed on his return then....

EddieEdwards
22-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Bottom up...

That's it from Roy. The full video will be on http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk very shortly. #CPFC

RH: We need to focus on our game, what we need to do well to stop them. We go there knowing our roles.

RH: We know what task lies ahead of us. May is still a long way off. We need to keep improving and working hard.

RH: One shouldn't be worried, anxious or scared by the challenge ahead. We must embrace it.

RH: The pressure's never off. It would be foolish to say that to the players. We need points and performances every week.

RH: We need to take each game as it comes, cause the opposition as many problems as we can.

RH: The centre of defence has been reasonably strong. Sakho is fit to start and will do on Saturday.

RH: Sakho was very good. I'd heard some good things about him and I can understand why he's a favourite at Selhurst.

RH: All wins give you a boost. We're in the next round of the #CarabaoCup and that's something we set out to do.

RH: Feedback on Wilf is positive, he's making progress. He's still on target for a return after the international period.

RH: We've got a large squad to choose from. Everyone made it through Tuesday unscathed.

Roy's here... Follow us for updates or watch it live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialcpfc/videos/10155757055405762/

Mictor Voses
22-09-2017, 12:34 PM

That should keep it to 4-0....

bodger
22-09-2017, 12:35 PM
I like the no comments so far on anything other then CPFC stupid questions do not deserve answers.

SEEPEEEFFSEE
22-09-2017, 12:35 PM

Might help keep the score down to 3!

Martin H
22-09-2017, 12:36 PM
WTF is so hard about streaming a press conference. You can do this on a fuffing mobile these days, let alone the comms that they surely must have there. You can lock down the bandwidth on the network so it's not impacted and so on. Come on guys, this is child of 5 stuff and with everything else being so s**** there really is no excuse for getting things like this wrong.

Penstone Eagle
22-09-2017, 12:39 PM
WTF is so hard about streaming a press conference. You can do this on a fuffing mobile these days, let alone the comms that they surely must have there. You can lock down the bandwidth on the network so it's not impacted and so on. Come on guys, this is child of 5 stuff and with everything else being so s**** there really is no excuse for getting things like this wrong.

Premier League with a league 1 set up with some things I'm afraid.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 12:48 PM

Working ok for me, on a very crap connection.

Chillo
22-09-2017, 12:50 PM

Chris G used to do periscope for pre-match things and it worked.

macstar
22-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Premier League with a league 1 set up with some things I'm afraid.

we are shite at everything

Martin H
22-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Working ok for me, on a very crap connection.

It started fine but then 'crashed/stalled before the end again' (windows 10 PC). Obviously be able to watch it later on the eagles site but really don't understand why this is so difficult at Palace these days. It used to be fine before and you always knew early on when the press conferences were going to be well in advance. Some of the latter I understand with the turmoil etc. but the comms failures can't be that.

In the big scheme of things it's trivial - but it's fuffing irritating and just unnecessary.

Not worth another thread but just watched the Fosu-Mensah interview. Who was asking the questions - does anyone know? It wasn't Chris and TBH the nature of the questions and style was more like a 3rd party journalist than internal. Gave Timbo a bit of a hard time I thought in terms of tough questions and didn't give him much help at all. He sounded very professional but by the end I felt sorry for Timbo.

Chris has a really good manner/style and seems to engage with the players really well. He seems to be doing less of the interviews himself these days - he's not working his way out to go on to better things is he? Would be a bit of a shame but I couldn't blame him I guess - although if he is reading this - Chris, we would all hate you and take it in turns to hound you to the end of the planet for the rest of your natural, maybe longer :D.

Braders
22-09-2017, 01:01 PM
**** me cheer up you miserable sods and stop moaning about EVERYTHING. I am aware that this is moaning in itself before anyone pulls me up for being a hypocrit.

Sakho starting is huge.

Neckinger Eagle
22-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Is that all Roy said? I rather enjoy his sage wisdom so was hoping for a bit more than that

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Is that all Roy said? I rather enjoy his sage wisdom so was hoping for a bit more than that

They kept asking him silly questions that weren“t Palace related and he wouldn“t answer them. :D

RobertCPFC
22-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Chris has a really good manner/style and seems to engage with the players really well. He seems to be doing less of the interviews himself these days - he's not working his way out to go on to better things is he? Would be a bit of a shame but I couldn't blame him I guess - although if he is reading this - Chris, we would all hate you and take it in turns to hound you to the end of the planet for the rest of your natural, maybe longer :D.

I've noticed he has done more work as stadium announcer this season and has been sharing the role with Mike so maybe that has something to do with it. Personally I like both of them hope they stay on for some time to come.

Maidstoned Eagle
22-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Not worth another thread but just watched the Fosu-Mensah interview. Who was asking the questions - does anyone know? It wasn't Chris and TBH the nature of the questions and style was more like a 3rd party journalist than internal. Gave Timbo a bit of a hard time I thought in terms of tough questions and didn't give him much help at all. He sounded very professional but by the end I felt sorry for Timbo.

There is a caption at the bottom of the screen which saysit“s something to do with the Premier League, they“ve had the same with Joel Ward and Loftus Cheek. So that“s why CG isn“t doing those interviews.

Johnnieboy
22-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Roy looks knackered already and I very much get the impression that he has come to realise that the task is much harder than he thought it would be!

Isn't that what every manager says after a few weeks here? :)

rambo1
22-09-2017, 01:14 PM

Could,Help,to Keep a Clean Sheet.
To,Nick,a 0:1,Victory.COYP.

brighton_eagle
22-09-2017, 01:18 PM
It started fine but then 'crashed/stalled before the end again' (windows 10 PC). Obviously be able to watch it later on the eagles site but really don't understand why this is so difficult at Palace these days. It used to be fine before and you always knew early on when the press conferences were going to be well in advance. Some of the latter I understand with the turmoil etc. but the comms failures can't be that.

In the big scheme of things it's trivial - but it's fuffing irritating and just unnecessary.

I think the TFM interview, like the Joel one a few weeks ago, isn't a club one. I agree with you though, the interviewer isn't very good really. I thought Timothy did very well for a young man though.

macstar
22-09-2017, 01:18 PM
I've noticed he has done more work as stadium announcer this season and has been sharing the role with Mike so maybe that has something to do with it. Personally I like both of them hope they stay on for some time to come.

whatever happened to the rudeboy man utd fan that got the boot last season lol

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 01:32 PM

You must really like him:D

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Yes, I can guess which posters are on there and presume they are not girls, especially my grand stalker

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 01:35 PM
CRASHED

They will be really good at broadcasting premier league games

Owngoal
22-09-2017, 01:39 PM
They kept asking him silly questions that weren“t Palace related and he wouldn“t answer them. :D

As you seem to be one of the few to have both seen and heard it did they ask him if he expected Man City to do an Iceland on us? Did he then say I don't want to talk about frozen peas....

cockles
22-09-2017, 01:41 PM
RH: ..... We go there knowing our roles.

That's what I've been waiting to see.:p

EdMan
22-09-2017, 01:47 PM
So glad we've got a manager who knows what his job is, and knows how to organise and communicate with a team.

FdB's well behind us now, thank f***. I couldn't have watched another game like the Swansea or Huddersfield.

I reckon we'll stay up, even if it goes to the wire.

beef
22-09-2017, 02:04 PM

It's actually amazing that we have computers and networks at all

PHIL BARBER
22-09-2017, 02:15 PM
So glad we've got a manager who knows what his job is, and knows how to organise and communicate with a team.

FdB's well behind us now, thank f***. I couldn't have watched another game like the Swansea or Huddersfield.

I reckon we'll stay up, even if it goes to the wire.

Agreed :p

jimmy the gent
22-09-2017, 02:34 PM
I thought Timothy did very well for a young man though.

Makes me chuckle to have a player called Timothy. Can't have been many in the English game over the years.

alanlee11
22-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Fascinating stuff. Not one question that prompted an interesting answer.

viking's no1
22-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Fascinating stuff. Not one question that prompted an interesting answer.

I would have thought someone would have had the balls to ask him if he's got a big cock or not.

Martin H
22-09-2017, 02:44 PM
There is a caption at the bottom of the screen which saysit“s something to do with the Premier League, they“ve had the same with Joel Ward and Loftus Cheek. So that“s why CG isn“t doing those interviews.

Oh right, thanks, that explains it. Thanks. It explains the tone and nature of the questions.

bourne man
22-09-2017, 03:08 PM
**** me cheer up you miserable sods and stop moaning about EVERYTHING. I am aware that this is moaning in itself before anyone pulls me up for being a hypocrit.

Sakho starting is huge.

Like most of us you find the positive, though unfortunately, the most vocal minority are only interested in finding the negatives

bigend1
22-09-2017, 05:24 PM
He just sounds like he knows what he's doing! It's simple and great

britabroad
22-09-2017, 05:46 PM
We will stay up and it will not go to the wire. Even if we lose the next 3 games. Others will falter later in the season and we will be steady as RH knows what he is doing.

4 cryingOutloud
22-09-2017, 05:49 PM
We will stay up and it will not go to the wire. Even if we lose the next 3 games. Others will falter later in the season and we will be steady as RH knows what he is doing.

Yes, of course he does, but do the players?:supergrin::supergrin:

britabroad
22-09-2017, 06:02 PM
They will get there. I honestly believe that.

chrisophiex
22-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Makes me chuckle to have a player called Timothy. Can't have been many in the English game over the years.

I feel a Ronnie Corbett inspired moment coming up......

bubbs11
22-09-2017, 06:07 PM
Just listening to Paddy Power on the radio. Man C are 1/7 to win tomorrow; the shortest odds for a side to win in the Prem since 14/15 season. We're 20/1 to win.

Easy money! :)

El Aguila
22-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Twenties!

the digger
22-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Just listening to Paddy Power on the radio. Man C are 1/7 to win tomorrow; the shortest odds for a side to win in the Prem since 14/15 season. We're 20/1 to win.

Easy money! :)

You'd have done pretty well from the Chelsea game last season

sussexeagle1
22-09-2017, 06:33 PM
On Betfair Palace are 70/1 to win 1-0 and 65/1 to win 2-1.

regal_eagle
22-09-2017, 06:45 PM
On Betfair Palace are 70/1 to win 1-0 and 65/1 to win 2-1.

Pretty much the same odds as Chelsea away last season.

Isle of Wight
22-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Save me going through all the press conference I just want to skip to the highlights, at what time does the Chipmonk/Racoon juggling start? Thx

jeffers1960
22-09-2017, 07:10 PM
You'd have done pretty well from the Chelsea game last season
Had £10 on palace to win that one ... happy daze !:lux:

bodger
22-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Pretty much the same odds as Chelsea away last season.

Great prices 22/1 is way to big. 14/1 v Chelsea was good mind you we were very lucky to win. If we do win 0-1 or 1-2 is the fav score so worth a small punt.

PeterH
22-09-2017, 07:15 PM

Vince Hilaire
Dean Gordon
Eddie McGoldrick

etc.

All wankers.

GorBlimey
22-09-2017, 08:00 PM

Sakho starting is huge.

I feel I have to moan about someone who moans about moaners and knows he's a hypocrite yet can't spell the word.

What's the world coming to? :D

orp pisshead1
22-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Vince Hilaire
Dean Gordon
Eddie McGoldrick

etc.

All wankers.

How's Hilaire a wanker?

Don't think the other two are for the record.

orp pisshead1
22-09-2017, 08:25 PM

Makes him a top man in my book as fully focused on us only. Who gives a shit about the wider footballing world this is about Palace:lux:

French Eagle
22-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Vince Hilaire
Dean Gordon
Eddie McGoldrick

etc.

All wankers.

Saw Eddie at wembley. said hello a gent and Palace fan. weird comment to make :frown:

Braders
23-09-2017, 06:45 AM
I feel I have to moan about someone who moans about moaners and knows he's a hypocrite yet can't spell the word.

What's the world coming to? :D

:p

Reg_Maudling
23-09-2017, 07:09 AM
Makes him a top man in my book as fully focused on us only. Who gives a shit about the wider footballing world this is about Palace:lux:

Pardew was so good at responding to those non palace questions and giving them their soundbites - a very popular manager among journalists

Sir Roy is only 'palace palace palace'

johnp
23-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Pardew was so good at responding to those non palace questions and giving them their soundbites - a very popular manager among journalists

Sir Roy is only 'palace palace palace'

Yes he was a clever bullsh*tter. Whilst he waffled on about non palace subjects, he avoided having to explain the pathetic performances and results under his management.