PDA

View Full Version : Fosu Mensah & Loftus-Cheek missing games.

4 cryingOutloud
22-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Both Fosu Mensah & Loftus-Cheek will be missing missing from one of the next three matches as they cannot play against their parent club, and IMO that will make us weaker. Who will take their places?

Glɑzier
22-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Obvious answer is ward for tfm, not so sure about Rlc, perhaps jr or macca

4 cryingOutloud
22-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Obvious answer is ward for tfm, not so sure about Rlc, perhaps jr or macca

Wilf is expected back for that game, but no guarantees.

Mr Palace
22-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Tomkins to take TFM's place at right back next week (I think TFM will play RB tomorrow). With Dann and Sakho CB next week.

As for RLC, Luka, Cabaye and Riedewald centre mid with Zaha back on the left wing.

GreatGonzo
22-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Ward will play at RB instead of TFM. RLC will be replaced by one of Luka, Jairo, Punch, McArthur or Cabaye depending of who is in anyway.

Stavros 69
22-09-2017, 08:00 PM
The loan system is a joke, not being able to play against your parent club!!
How has this rule not been changed.

Shipp Ahoy!
22-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Can't agree on this.

Say we had one of their clubs last day of the seaaon and they had the title riding on it... whats to stop them dropping them a line suggesting they deserve a bumper contract IF they win the league... need a goal in the last minute and what does the player do? 'Accidentally overhits a backpass past the keeper...

There are serious implications there.

glaziers fan
22-09-2017, 08:21 PM
I'm not convinced TFM will play ahead of Ward vs Man City so we won't need to find a replacement for him.

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Tomkins or ward for TFM and Riedeweld for RLC

Glɑzier
22-09-2017, 09:05 PM
I'm not convinced TFM will play ahead of Ward vs Man City so we won't need to find a replacement for him.

What?! But TFM's miles better than Ward, Ward is a good squadie now as far as I'm concerned.

Stavros 69
22-09-2017, 09:32 PM
Can't agree on this.

Say we had one of their clubs last day of the seaaon and they had the title riding on it... whats to stop them dropping them a line suggesting they deserve a bumper contract IF they win the league... need a goal in the last minute and what does the player do? 'Accidentally overhits a backpass past the keeper...

But it should be up to the club to decide.
We need both TFM and RLC over there next couple of games.
They are not going to throw it for their parent clubs at this point of the season.
If this was the last game with relagation on the cards, it might change things. Not in this case. It should be up to the club paying their wages I.e us to decide.

EagleSE24
22-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Out of interest, do games against your parent club count when serving a suspension? For example, if TFM were to get a red tomorrow and a one match ban, would he be back for Chelsea or are you unable to serve a ban in a game you're not eligible to play in?

917L
23-09-2017, 07:15 AM

It has been changed, originally loaned could play against their parent clubs, but usually got a niggling injury or suspension just before so seldom did, as the teams had a sort of gentlemans agreement

At least it is now clear that loanees cannot play against their parent clubs

Benzhiyi
23-09-2017, 07:39 AM

I'd drop Dann before I'd drop Fosu-Mensah, who has been our best player this season.

PauLo
23-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Can't agree on this.

Exactly. Or the other way round even. We loan out someone who then goes on to score a goal that gets us relegated. Whether it be a goal to send us down or in a result that will eventually lead to relegation.

Them not playing is the best answer. Besides, it's not the team we loaned a player froms fault that we don't have adequate cover.