PDA

View Full Version : Strangely calm

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 08:51 PM
I'm not quite sure what's come over me, I was panic stricken a few weeks ago. But since Roy arrived I seem to have accepted things, it will be what it will be and I think we will come out fighting. The press are gunning for us; to be expected and I like that, it's reassuring, because we've always proved them wrong. Now's the time to show what our great club is truly about isn't it? Win lose draw, unwanted records, bring it all because we are Palace and we will come through this together and stronger.

I'm going to take my lad to his first game this year. I started supporting palace back in the early 90s and my first memories of this fantastic club are the 9-0 and the cup final.

Come on Roy and COYP. I love you.

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I should add, I've had a couple so, as the millenials would say, I'm totes emosh!

Happy Arthur
22-09-2017, 09:01 PM
I must admit I've accepted our situation and feel more positive.
If Brighton keep losing that will help get me through until post Chelsea.

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 09:04 PM
I must admit I've accepted our situation and feel more positive.
If Brighton keep losing that will help get me though until post Chelsea.

Oh yes, if we come 19 it will be palatable if Brighton are 20th. Plus we have those two games to get something out of this season, at the very least.!

Worksop Palace
22-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Calm ? Calm ? Fookin calm ? We're about to get absolutely rinsed by Man City and you're Calm ?

Yeah, me too

PALACEWU
22-09-2017, 09:14 PM
It's funny isn't it, all the turmoil and frankly ****ed up goings on still isn't enough to dampen the optimism we all feed off, bar the insufferable bells online I think we all accept what will be will be, and actually even though you could argue we should be in a stronger position having spent several seasons in the... epl, or is it premier league? I'm fairly sure it's not the premiership anymore, but that's the point, it's all about us, not anyone else, despite what someone might claim, whatever division, we're palace. I love it. We all love it. Up the eagles.

Jim Cannon
22-09-2017, 09:16 PM
No point in stressing over any of the next 3 games. I dont expect any points. What i do want is improved performances and no injuries though. If we sneak any points its a bonus

Shipp Ahoy!
22-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure why but I'm convinced we're going to get points out of the next 3!

Minimum of 2... though with a tenner on us beating City at 21/1 will go for that :p

Robson
22-09-2017, 09:17 PM
Embrace the Championship, don't fight it, it'll hurt more.

SeanPalace84
22-09-2017, 09:18 PM

Minimum of 2... though with a tenner on us beating City at 21/1 will go for that :p

I wish I was so optimistic but good on you mate.

ebyeeckeagle
22-09-2017, 09:20 PM
It's the Roy effect. You can't be annoyed at your Grandad can you?

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 09:21 PM
It's funny isn't it, all the turmoil and frankly ****ed up goings on still isn't enough to dampen the optimism we all feed off, bar the insufferable bells online I think we all accept what will be will be, and actually even though you could argue we should be in a stronger position having spent several seasons in the... epl, or is it premier league? I'm fairly sure it's not the premiership anymore, but that's the point, it's all about us, not anyone else, despite what someone might claim, whatever division, we're palace. I love it. We all love it. Up the eagles.

Absolutely, sums up my view

TWELLSEagle
22-09-2017, 09:22 PM
21/1??????? WTAF? I'm on that

chrisophiex
22-09-2017, 09:27 PM
I'd literally be delighted with a goal.

Coastal Palace
22-09-2017, 09:28 PM
One all.
And they'll be lucky to get 1.

NorthPalace23
22-09-2017, 10:07 PM
We can stay up with 38 from 30, should the worst happen.

I have a gut feeling we will get something from the next 3 though. We've beaten Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool this year so it's not beyond us.

I feel like the pressure is off in some ways for the next 3.

DARZET EAGLE
22-09-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm not quite sure what's come over me, I was panic stricken a few weeks ago. But since Roy arrived I seem to have accepted things, it will be what it will be and I think we will come out fighting. The press are gunning for us; to be expected and I like that, it's reassuring, because we've always proved them wrong. Now's the time to show what our great club is truly about isn't it? Win lose draw, unwanted records, bring it all because we are Palace and we will come through this together and stronger.

I'm going to take my lad to his first game this year. I started supporting palace back in the early 90s and my first memories of this fantastic club are the 9-0 and the cup final.

Well said sir.:lux:

Canute
22-09-2017, 10:24 PM

Very nice post! I feel the same way. Come on you Palace!!!

westsussexeagle
22-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Towards the end of last season for a while I was quite calm simply because I had given up all hope of not being relegated and was ready to accept defeat in every game we played. As such match days held little or no peril for me, no fear only an odd acceptance that defeat was inevitable. Then we started to win games. But not in ordinary games but away at Chelsea and Liverpool and then at home thrashing Arsenal and with each win my calmness evaporated and was slowly replaced by hopeful expectation. And then the results began to matter. F***ing Saints and Spurs but surely... but no Burnley.. WTF!!. By the time Hull arrived at Selhurst I was a gibbering mess. Last season it was the last few - this season it's started with the first few but it wont take much - at the moment I'd say 2 points from the next 3 (big ask I know) for Saturdays to become days of dread again.

99percent
22-09-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm on 0-0 for tomorrow :moo2:

Jim Cannon
23-09-2017, 07:10 AM

Easy to get 25/1 on us you know

RednBlue
23-09-2017, 07:16 AM

Come on Roy and COYP. I love you.Excellent post. Totally agree.

RednBlue
23-09-2017, 07:19 AM
It's the Roy effect. You can't be annoyed at your Grandad can you?He's younger than me...you can't be annoyed with your younger brother either can you (well, not for long :rolleyes:)

thereichstuff
23-09-2017, 07:33 AM
No point in stressing over any of the next 3 games. I dont expect any points. What i do want is improved performances and no injuries though. If we sneak any points its a bonus

Yep , sums it up for me .

Nostrils
23-09-2017, 07:39 AM

Much better odds on us to win both to score, which if we do win would be quite likely. 33/1 on 365, but probably better elsewhere.

DocSavage
23-09-2017, 07:39 AM

yes it's like leaving a busy street and entering the old peoples home

:)

i agree but do want a bit of positive excitement

Reg_Maudling
23-09-2017, 08:01 AM
I dreamt palace won today 3-1 but it was away to swansea for some strange reason

elgin eagle
23-09-2017, 08:20 AM
We are only 3 or 4 points behind a load of other teams, have some good players, and a competent manager and back up staff now. We aren't planning on winning the league, just staying up will be fine now. Just need to try and be in touch of the other 10 strugglers by January 1st.

Nostrils
23-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Nice interview with our Nig (maybe not ours, but still...) which was quite calming.

http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/players/former-crystal-palace-goalkeeper-nigel-13662189

AJ's right boot
23-09-2017, 08:51 AM
25/1 is an outrageous price. It means if you put 10 on us, at 25/1 you lose 10.

Windsor_Eagle
23-09-2017, 08:57 AM
The way I see it is that we have all the raw ingredients for a Palace fairytale.

We have a team who appear doomed. Breaking a new record in the PL for all the wrong reasons. The background of a circus surrounding our summer and a manager in the job for 77 days. A much maligned manager written off and abused by the press following a poor end to his England spell.

Externally, people have written us off without a hope and even within our own fanbase, self-flagellation is rife.

However, when the chips have been down at this club, the team and club have often responded rousingly. The fans dig deep and find their inner spirit. That alone is not always enough, but it gives us a fighting chance.

It feels like the manager is the calm, pragmatic person we need to guide us right now. The players have the talent. Give them the organisation and confidence and they can beat anyone on their day.

I always prefer going into the games against the top teams as I expect nothing and, therefore, something is a bonus. Against the lesser sides I always feel more uneasy.

COYP!

silver
23-09-2017, 09:02 AM

Well said ,spot on

Sick Bucket
23-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't think we'll get anything in the next 3 or 4 games and will be absolutely rock bottom after 10 games. At which point I might stick a tenner on us staying up. I have a strong feeling at some point we'll get it together and go on an amazing run. It's the sort of thing we do.

Leap of faith
23-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Calmness, it's the Sakho effect meandering it's way through the whole club!

JDawg
23-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Graft, organisation and pragmatism will get us out of this. Hodgson can do all three. Confident for the season although not sure about today

Langers
23-09-2017, 09:16 AM

I want to see the team first before deciding on those odds - I'm hoping Roy is smart enough to go for pace which means Punch comes off the bench to get the winner - Eagles!

PremierPalace
23-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Seem to be hints that Punch is dropped. Anyone heard anything?

Jim Cannon
23-09-2017, 09:29 AM

:D

Gollum
23-09-2017, 09:30 AM
In a perverse sort of way, I'm quite looking forward to the challenge of chasing 40 points from the 30 games left after Chelsea. And lumping a few quid on good odds at that point. This is potentially a mid-table team if Roy can set them up properly and we can avoid injuries to key players.
It's the Palace way to have an early season crisis followed by a backs to the wall chase.

Oli28
23-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Much better odds on us to win both to score, which if we do win would be quite likely. 33/1 on 365, but probably better elsewhere.
Just got 40/1 on Palace and both teams to score on coral.

JDawg
23-09-2017, 10:26 AM
See TS's advertising team were as sharp as ever this morning. PP offering odds for Burnley Palace

eagles #1
23-09-2017, 10:30 AM
It's called acceptance. We're down. Bring on the Millwall.

Lombardo 888
23-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Oh yes, if we come 19 it will be palatable if Brighton are 20th. Plus we have those two games to get something out of this season, at the very least.!

For me there are no circumstances in which it is palatable to get relegated. Palace is my priority, not what Brighton do or don't do.