No Fosu-Mensah is a massive loss
Or RLC the game after

in-exile
24-09-2017, 04:49 AM
Can Mark Bright play?

Mr Bo Jangles
24-09-2017, 05:08 AM
Hopefully you are referring to the team line-up and not the final score

2 goals! Oh how I dream of getting 2 goals.

CPFC_Fan
24-09-2017, 07:41 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/idgas.gif

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 07:43 AM
---------------Hennessey-------------------------
Ward------Dann-------Sakho--------PVA
Townsend---Luka-----Cabaye------Schlupp
-------------Sako-----RLC------------------

I've changed my mind. Give Sako a chance.

rambo1
24-09-2017, 07:48 AM
------------------Hennessey----------------
Fosu-Mensah---Dann---Sakho----VanAanholt

---------Luka---------------Cabaye---------

Townsend--------Loftus-Cheek-------Schlupp

------------------Sako----------------------

Subs-
Speroni,Ward,Tomkins,McArthur,Puncheon,Riedewald,K aiKai.

JackTheBiscuit
24-09-2017, 07:55 AM
------------------Hennessey----------------
Fosu-Mensah---Dann---Sakho----VanAanholt

---------Luka---------------Cabaye---------

Townsend--------Loftus-Cheek-------Schlupp

------------------Sako----------------------

Subs-
Speroni,Ward,Tomkins,McArthur,Puncheon,Riedewald,K aiKai.

How many times does it have to be said TFM cannot play

Langers
24-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Ward----Tomkins-------Sakho--------PVA
Townsend---Luka-----Jairo-----Cabaye------Schlupp
-----------------RLC------------------

Decent for 45 mins so no need to panic - only seen the hightlights but Dann for Tompkins perhaps? Assume CB injured.

Lombardo's hair
24-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Who really cares. Complete f*** up of a season. Sacking FDB allowing players to dictate formations and tactics. All our eggs in one basket signing Sakho. Hodgson is an insipid Manager. His England reign wasn't poor because of Iceland.It was the Ross in the finals and lack of anything exciting in qualification. Big errors all round. I am rarely negative about the team etc but find little if anything to be optimistic about

palacelad197o
24-09-2017, 08:04 AM

Decent for 45 mins so no need to panic - only seen the hightlights but Dann for Tompkins perhaps? Assume CB injured.Who the feck is Tompkins :-)

jobiinthelastmi
24-09-2017, 08:05 AM
-------------Dann------RLC------------------

I'd play Dann up front in this one for a number of reasons. Firstly it's an extra defender. And secondly it's extra height; Man Utd with Matic, Fellaini and Lukaku are one of the league's biggest teams. Dann could even play at centre back and leave RLC up front on his own. Try for 0-0. That's all we can do.

Play Dann up front to get him away from the defence.

He's finished as a premier league centre half!

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Does it really matter? We will get rinsed whatever team we put out

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 08:07 AM

Decent for 45 mins so no need to panic - only seen the hightlights but Dann for Tompkins perhaps? Assume CB injured.

Agree about bringing in Jairo, but Puncheon is now first choice midfield sub as he is stinking out the bench, so it's not going to happen.

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Play Dann up front to get him away from the defence.

He's finished as a premier league centre half!

You're writing him off based on a defeat against the Premier League champions elect? With their small pacy forwards he literally couldn't have a more difficult match to play all season. Be patient with him, even Sakho was off the pace and understandably so.

beef
24-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Who the **** is Tompkins ?

Who do you think it is? Does a tiny typo now mean you now can't understand the name?

jobiinthelastmi
24-09-2017, 08:11 AM
You're writing him off based on a defeat against the Premier League champions elect? With their small pacy forwards he literally couldn't have a more difficult match to play all season. Be patient with him, even Sakho was off the pace and understandably so.

No

Two years of shit performances, noting that all our best wins last year came with him out of the side.

gjohnk
24-09-2017, 08:15 AM
TFM
TFM TFM Tompkins TFM
TFM TFM TFM TFM
TFM

palacelad197o
24-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Who do you think it is? Does a tiny typo now mean you now can't understand the name?It's ok lol I did the same check the opening post I was just joking mate :-)

beef
24-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Hennessey has to go and I think we'll have a bit more mobility with Benteke out:

-------------------Speroni--------------------
------Tomkins------Sakho--------Dann------
Ward----------------------------------Schlupp
-------Townsend---McArthur---Puncheon----
---------------------Cabaye-------------------
----------------------Sako---------------------

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 08:20 AM
No

Two years of shit performances, noting that all our best wins last year came with him out of the side.

away to Bournemouth when we stopped the slide? Can't remember who scored the crucial first goal? Look, Tomkins is the better defender if we are going to play a high line. But I expect us to be deep, and Dann to form a formidable partnership with Sakho

aashman12
24-09-2017, 09:09 AM
-------------Dann------RLC------------------

I'd play Dann up front in this one for a number of reasons. Firstly it's an extra defender. And secondly it's extra height; Man Utd with Matic, Fellaini and Lukaku are one of the league's biggest teams. Dann could even play at centre back and leave RLC up front on his own. Try for 0-0. That's all we can do.

Forger about height. We did that in the cup final with jedi and didn't get near fellaini

aashman12
24-09-2017, 09:11 AM

He's been shot for a while mate. Tomkins and sakho is our best pairing

thefox
24-09-2017, 09:12 AM

You think we can score 2 goals ?

HurstpierPalace
24-09-2017, 09:12 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/idgas.gif

This ^

We'll no doubt get trounced again so no more injuries whatever happens.

davech
24-09-2017, 09:38 AM
-------------------------- Jackson
--------- Mulligan --- Bell -------- Blyth-------Tony Taylor
--------------------Phillip --------------- Payne
Hughes ----- -- Whittle ---------- Cooke -------- Rogers

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Guys this is a much easier game to get a result. Man City attack you with unstoppable passing and pace. They have incredible creativity. If you sit back against them they will murder you. If you sit back against Man Utd they are limited. They use the pace of Lukaku and Rashford and the power of Pogba to open teams up. And they have struggled to open teams up in the past. Their 4-0 wins have been down to the opposition chasing and Man Itd picking them off in the final 10 mins. If we sit deep we can out-Mourinho Mourinho. Go for a 0-0. Play 4-4-1-1 and get everyone back defending. Personally I'd play Riedewald for added defensive ballast, but it won't happen. Instead I hope that when Cabaye goes off after 60 we don't hand them the game on a plate and instead bring Jimmy or Jairo back into centre mid to reinforce. Obviously we will need luck but if we can frustrate them you never know.

glaziers fan
24-09-2017, 09:45 AM
He's been shot for a while mate. Tomkins and sakho is our best pairing

Only Liverpool and Man City will be a struggle for Dann. We don't play either for a while. Against those teams Tomkins is the better bet. Against everyone else I'd go for Dann.

davech
24-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Or, being serious,

------------------------ Hennessey
----Riedewald ----- Tomkins ------ Sakho ------ v. Aanholt
Townsend ------ Cabaye ----- Luka--------- Schlupp
-------------------- RLC
--------------------------- Sako

Danny_Cheviot
24-09-2017, 09:53 AM
------- speroni-----------

--Ward--dann---kelly----sackho---tompkins---schlupp---pva--Riedewald---

---- townsend ------- Milivojević-------

that's a 8-2 formation

Fair play to Roy and the team for giving it a go in the 1st half at City.

Please, please, please 'Park the Bus' at Utd. If we scrape a 0-0 draw Jose's post match interview will be TV Gold that I can record and watch again, again, again and again.

And again.

Nostrils
24-09-2017, 10:06 AM
------------------Hennessey
--------Tomkins-Dann-Sakho-PvA
Townsend-Milivojevic-Riedewald-Schlupp
----------------------RLC
---------------------Sako

Speroni, Kelly, Ward, Souare, Cabaye, Puncheon, Lumeka

beef
24-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Prediction: Riedewald will never play for Palace again

pauldrulez
24-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Prediction: Riedewald will never play for Palace again

I bet he plays for us in October, if not next week.

bigGcpfc
24-09-2017, 10:25 AM
I't really doesn't matter who plays or what the formation is. I have said before we have a squad of physically and mentally weak players. If they go a goal behind , that's it, it's just how many they will concede from there. They are too easily forced off the ball and they have no leaders anywhere on the pitch. Far and away our best player is on loan our main striker is hopeless and our goalkeeper is the worst in the league. Hard to find any thing good to say about our club right now.

aashman12
24-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Or, being serious,

-------------------- RLC

Why play a left footed cb/def mid at rb???

penguin7
24-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Guys this is a much easier game to get a result. Man City attack you with unstoppable passing and pace. They have incredible creativity. If you sit back against them they will murder you. If you sit back against Man Utd they are limited. They use the pace of Lukaku and Rashford and the power of Pogba to open teams up. And they have struggled to open teams up in the past. Their 4-0 wins have been down to the opposition chasing and Man Itd picking them off in the final 10 mins. If we sit deep we can out-Mourinho Mourinho. Go for a 0-0. Play 4-4-1-1 and get everyone back defending. Personally I'd play Riedewald for added defensive ballast, but it won't happen. Instead I hope that when Cabaye goes off after 60 we don't hand them the game on a plate and instead bring Jimmy or Jairo back into centre mid to reinforce. Obviously we will need luck but if we can frustrate them you never know.

United may be limited in attack by comparison with City, but sitting too deep is not the answer. If we allow them to play in front of us on the edge of our 18 yard box there will be many chances for them to score, and Rashford and Lukaku are too good to miss them all.

Bringing in "added defensive ballast" would not help. Unless we have outlets to transition from defense to attack the ball will simply keep coming back into that dangerous area. Four at the back and two defensive midfielders are enough.

We need to use width, mobility and pace with players capable of moving the ball forward quickly, which will discourage their full backs from camping out in our half.

The injury to Benteke may not be a total disaster. Playing a target man just encourages players to lump the ball forward. Trying to shoehorn Sako into that role is not the answer. Wolves tried it and so have we, he has himself admitted that he dislikes playing there.

If Roy feels we need a focal point for our attack, I would prefer giving Ladapo his chance. He has been in form for the U23s, never going to be great at holding the ball up, but finds space well and can run in behind. An alternative is to play RLC as a false nine, but I think he is better a bit deeper without the central defenders tight on him.

Ooh Betty
24-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Speroni in goal and keep Ward & Puncheon away from the starting 11. Otherwise i don't really care.

Owngoal
24-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Why play a left footed cb/def mid at rb???

Tomkins yet to play there but did for W Ham.

Lombardo's hair
24-09-2017, 12:56 PM
I find it a bit ironic that the players believed to have been most upset with FDB are the ones that are being left out by Roy. Kelly Ward Delaney and possibly Puncheon.

adrenalin john
24-09-2017, 01:15 PM

Decent for 45 mins so no need to panic - only seen the hightlights but Dann for Tomkins perhaps? Assume CB injured.

2nd week in a row that you've picked the same line up I would.

jimmy the gent
24-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Can Mark Bright play?

He'll start, with Dougie coming off the bench for the last 30. Tony Finnegan stepping in for TFM.

Another Oxted Eagle
24-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Can Mark Bright play?

You'll have to have him as part of a front two then unless you can find a way to surgically separate him and the chairman without risking the life of either of them.

jimmy the gent
24-09-2017, 02:28 PM
You'll have to have him as part of a front two then unless you can find a way to surgically separate him and the chairman without risking the life of either of them.

I've often wondered how Parish takes a dump. Bright sitting next to him, looking at this phone. Must be awkward.

pallet
24-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Does it matter who.plays or what formation?

bigGcpfc
24-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Does it matter who.plays or what formation?

As was said in post No 38

tomlig
24-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Macca in for Schlupp. Ward in for TFM. Tomkins at the back. Dann up front with RLC behind him to complete the 4-4-2

Jim Cannon
24-09-2017, 02:58 PM

that's a 8-2 formation

Delaney in for Townsend and Luka in defence and we are set

Nigelbrag
24-09-2017, 03:47 PM
What makes this situation of having Benteke injured is what we have dreaded has finally happened, to even have to consider using our best Midfielder(RLC) who is Not a striker will only weaken another area, it simply says a lot of how poorly organised our transfer policy had been.
And another alternative suggestion has been Sako, a player who 90% of Palace fans would say in reality should be nowhere near the First team based on what we have seen from him over the past 2 seasons, merely sums up the depths in poor organisation we have reached for a premiership club, as we don't have too many alternatives to choose from.
How could it have been allowed to reach this stage?

Mad Raschic Ken
24-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Speroni

Tomkins
Dann
Sakho
Van Aanholt

Milivojevic
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Loftus-Cheek
Schlupp

Owngoal
24-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Dann up top would do better than anyone else we had

alanlee11
24-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Speroni

Ward
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA

Luka
Cabaye
Jimmy Mac

Townsend
Sako
RLC

philsick
24-09-2017, 05:23 PM
----------------speroni---------------
tomkins----dann---sakho-----P.V.A
-----------luka-----jairo-------------
townesend-RLC- -cabaye--schlupp
--------------

EagleSE24
24-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Speroni

Tomkins
Dann
Sakho
Van Aanholt

Milivojevic
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Loftus-Cheek
Schlupp

Would go with this.

palacemetros
24-09-2017, 05:38 PM
------------------Speroni------------------

Ward------Tomkins-------Sakho------Riedewald

Macca----RLC-----Luka----Cabaye-----Townsend

----------------Puncheon-------------------

I know Punch up top may seem a little crazy but there's been a lot of that going on at the Palace of late......

aashman12
24-09-2017, 05:51 PM
Macca in for Schlupp. Ward in for TFM. Tomkins at the back. Dann up front with RLC behind him to complete the 4-4-2

Where the **** does macca play if he comes in for schlupp?

st albans
24-09-2017, 06:16 PM
------------------Speroni------------------

Ward------Tomkins-------Sakho------Riedewald

Macca----RLC-----Luka----Cabaye-----Townsend

----------------Puncheon-------------------

I know Punch up top may seem a little crazy but there's been a lot of that going on at the Palace of late......

So many thing wrong with that. Macca on the right, Puncheon up top riedwald at left back......

st albans
24-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Same starting eleven as yesterday but RLC up top and punch to come back in

palacemetros
24-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Same starting eleven as yesterday but RLC up top and punch to come back in

No TFM though. At least I had eleven players!

GreatGonzo
24-09-2017, 06:30 PM
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Sakho Souare
Luka Reidewald
Townsend Cabaye VanArnholt
Loftus-Cheek

st albans
24-09-2017, 06:32 PM
No TFM though. At least I had eleven players!

Ah yes forgot about the loan. Tomkins RB then

sydnsteve
24-09-2017, 06:46 PM
No Puncheon please.

redemptionday
24-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Should put Jairo into midfield for extra legs (Cabaye off the bench) and just defend for our lives. I don't trust PVA to defend.

Palacebear
24-09-2017, 07:16 PM
Speroni

Tomkins

Dann

Sakho

Van Aanholt

Milivojevic

Riedewald

Cabaye

Townsend

Loftus-Cheek

Schlupp

This is the team I would pick.

Owngoal
24-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Hennessey
Tomkins Dann Sakho VanAnholt
Luka Reidewald
Townsend Cabaye Sako
Loftus-Cheek

elgin eagle
24-09-2017, 07:37 PM
I't really doesn't matter who plays or what the formation is. I have said before we have a squad of physically and mentally weak players. If they go a goal behind , that's it, it's just how many they will concede from there. They are too easily forced off the ball and they have no leaders anywhere on the pitch. Far and away our best player is on loan our main striker is hopeless and our goalkeeper is the worst in the league. Hard to find any thing good to say about our club right now.

Pretty mad considering the funds we have had over the last 5 years. We have managed to compile a squad earning 80 million quid a year that cannot score a goal. Even by Palace standards that's quite impressive. So let's imagine we have been relegated and are playing with who is left after Hennessey has been murdered, Fosu M and RLC have been returned far better players, and Dann, Sakho, Schlupp, PvA, Riedewald, Townsend, Cabaye, Wilf, Luka, Tomkins, and Benteke have been sold to get the wage bill back to 11 million again.

Speroni

Ward Kelly Delaney Souare

Puncheon Mcarthur Mutch Sako

Lokilo Bissaka

Subs

Dion
Akiotu
Cy Lee
Dreher
Kai Kai
Wickham
Ladapo

Green Bin
24-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Hennessey

Riedewald Tomkins Sakho Schlupp

Townsend Cabaye Lukas PVA

MacArthur

Dann

grand aigle
24-09-2017, 08:53 PM
What does it matter who plays, were gonna be gubbed again 4 or 5 nil after Wayne gifts them a nice easy goal in the 44th minute, followed by several more after HT!

jobiinthelastmi
24-09-2017, 08:58 PM
What does it matter who plays, were gonna be gubbed again 4 or 5 nil after Wayne gifts them a nice easy goal in the 44th minute, followed by several more after HT!

Laughable that people are still selecting him in their best XI

Johnny Byrne
24-09-2017, 09:35 PM
This is my side

Speroni

TFM
Tomkins
Sakho (c)
Souare

Townsend
Luka
Cabaye
PVA

RLC

Dann

Subs

Hennessey
Ward
Puncheon
Schlupp
MacArthur
Sako
Ridewald

Unbelievably poor planning on strikers by the club. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Stats74
24-09-2017, 09:43 PM
How many people have to say TFM can't play against his parent club (United)...like RLC can't play v Chelsea!

Georgie Boy
24-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Best thing we can do is lose the next two. Everyone writes us off, gets complacent and we start playing like underdogs. Stick with a regular starting line up, pushing aside injuries, and we'll scrape through I reckon.

Oh, drop Wayne. He's shell-shocked.

DARZET EAGLE
24-09-2017, 10:13 PM
This is the team I would pick.

Sorry powder puff attack.

DARZET EAGLE
24-09-2017, 10:18 PM
This is my side

Speroni

TFM
Tomkins
Sakho (c)
Souare

Townsend
Luka
Cabaye
PVA

RLC

Dann

Subs

Hennessey
Ward
Puncheon
Schlupp
MacArthur
Sako
Ridewald

Unbelievably poor planning on strikers by the club. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sorry Johnny TFM can't play against his own club, Souare is still not match fit, and Dann as centre forward...you are having a laugh.

DARZET EAGLE
24-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Best thing we can do is lose the next two. Everyone writes us off, gets complacent and we start playing like underdogs. Stick with a regular starting line up, pushing aside injuries, and we'll scrape through I reckon.

Oh, drop Wayne. He's shell-shocked.

Sadly I must agree which is not surprising given the crap comments about him on here. Speroni should have a run out.

mrgins
24-09-2017, 11:40 PM

Don't be silly, we'll never score two!

mrgins
24-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Or, being serious,

-------------------- RLC

Reidewald can play there?

mrgins
24-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Sakho Souare
Luka Reidewald
Townsend Cabaye VanArnholt
Loftus-Cheek

Finally someone mentions souare. Is he fit yet?

alf
25-09-2017, 07:57 AM
If things are going badly on the day, I wouldn't mind seeing Freddie Lapado coming on for a spell. Probably not good enough but he looks pacey is tall and scored two good goals in the u21's v Leeds one of which was similar to the chance Benteke blazed over v Liverpool. Maybe he deserves a chance.

glaziers fan
25-09-2017, 08:25 AM
If things are going badly on the day, I wouldn't mind seeing Freddie Lapado coming on for a spell. Probably not good enough but he looks pacey is tall and scored two good goals in the u21's v Leeds one of which was similar to the chance Benteke blazed over v Liverpool. Maybe he deserves a chance.

If we are going to play a youth player, at least give our most talented one a go. That's Lumeka.

davech
25-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Reidewald can play there?

Not the first to spot my error :D

Maybe need to put Ward there and drop Riedewald to the bench. We're a bit stuffed at RB atm as well :frown:

Or Tomkins at RB with Dann in the middle, but I believe Tomkins and Sakho are our best central defensive pair.

Who would be a manager?

BillyTKid
25-09-2017, 12:43 PM
If we are going to play a youth player, at least give our most talented one a go. That's Lumeka.

Lumeka is a small winger though. Surely the best way to crush his confidence would make him a centre forward up front on his own.

Icy
25-09-2017, 12:52 PM

Is it? Luke Dreher has been the best i've seen of the recent crop though I enjoyed Lumeka's little cameo the other day though. Neither are suitable to play up top though.

SteveyHawking
25-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Speroni
Tomkins Dann Sahko Van Aanholt
Milivojevic Riedewald
Townsend Cabaye Schlupp
Loftus-Cheek

Hennessey, Ward, Kelly, McArthur, Puncheon, Kai Kai, Lumeka, Sako

fuzziettt
25-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Here is my team for what it is worth.

Find a way of getting that point.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/e183dc7120f4bcc15b844ee66ce2cc73.jpg

smudgerseagles
25-09-2017, 01:51 PM
TFM won't be able to play will he as a loanee from the Mancs

beef
25-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Finally someone mentions souare. Is he fit yet?

Would be good to know. I think he's much better defender than PvA (who has been well and truly found out).

beef
25-09-2017, 02:15 PM
4-4-2 is nuts against Man Utd

lewisuk
25-09-2017, 02:20 PM
I don't know why but have this funny feeling we will start with McArthur upfront on his own Saturday

palacelad197o
25-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Speroni
Ward Tomkins Sahko Van Aanholt
Townsend Cabaye Loftus-Cheek Luka Schlupp
Sako

palacelad197o
25-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Here is my team for what it is worth.

Find a way of getting that point.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/e183dc7120f4bcc15b844ee66ce2cc73.jpg

TFM cant play

bigend1
25-09-2017, 04:27 PM
----------------Hennessey-------------------------
Ward------Tomkins-----Sakho--------PVA
-------------dann------------RLC------------------

I think dann will actually offer as much as benteke for much of this game. He can pass and shoot as we've seen but as an outlet he's likely to win balls in the air. This worked well with benteke and Ruben before and as we obviously spent last week working on it I think dann is more likely to continue what was the right approach. Sako wouldn't win nearly as much from that point of view so dann for me is the guy to play with Ruben just off of him.

Rlc can drop deep when required but much like the first half against city again.

Until the goal we played well against city and it should be more of the same against both Utd and Chelsea. If, IF Roy can keep their heads up it will go to the wire because we have a good side. One that will create chances so well have to see psychologically if they can handle it and if we can find a solution to the lack of striker

meee
25-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Speroni
Ward
Tomkins
Sakho
Souare
Luka
Cabaye
McArthur
Loftus Cheek
Townsend
Sako

GJN
25-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Hate to say it but don't care until the next two matches are out of the way.

Mad Raschic Ken
25-09-2017, 04:48 PM
----------------Hennessey-------------------------
-------------dann------------RLC------------------

I think dann will actually offer as much as benteke for much of this game. He can pass and shoot as we've seen but as an outlet he's likely to win balls in the air. This worked well with benteke and Ruben before and as we obviously spent last week working on it I think dann is more likely to continue what was the right approach. Sako wouldn't win nearly as much from that point of view so dann for me is the guy to play with Ruben just off of him.

Rlc can drop deep when required but much like the first half against city again.

Until the goal we played well against city and it should be more of the same against both Utd and Chelsea. If, IF Roy can keep their heads up it will go to the wire because we have a good side. One that will create chances so well have to see psychologically if they can handle it and if we can find a solution to the lack of striker

This may all be true, but I'm not sure he can do all that while also playing at centre back.

MAW
25-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Hodgson likes 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 variations:

----------------Hennessey---------

Ward--------Dann-------Sakho--------PVA

--------------RLC-----------

---------------------------Sako------

Gregz41
25-09-2017, 05:13 PM

I expect it will be this.

What a cluster**** of a season this is turning out to be.

Palacebear
25-09-2017, 05:13 PM

I think that is what Roy will pick or RLC upfront & punch back in the middle [emoji25]

MAW
25-09-2017, 05:45 PM
This type of formation will allow Palace to double-up the full backs if the pressure from MUFC gets too much - a temporary 6-2-1-1.

Cally
25-09-2017, 06:17 PM
We need height and power to cope with Mourinho's upmarket version of Pulis tactics with their team of giants. It will be quite different from the Citeh match, ManUre try to bully opponents.

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Hennessey

Tomkins Dann Sakho Souare

Townsend Cabaye Milivojevic McArthur Puncheon

RLC

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 06:35 PM
First time i've done this and felt it was a virtually fruitless exercise.

Banger
25-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Speroni
Tomkins Dann Mama Pva
Luca Jairo
Townsend Cabeye Sako
Loftus Cheek
Subs
Hennessey
Ward
Ladapo
Schlupp
Punch
Mcarthur
Lumeka

pauldrulez
25-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Speroni
Tomkins (yes, at RB)
Sakho
Dann
PVA
Jairo
Luka
Yohan
Andros
Schlupp
RLC

bigGcpfc
25-09-2017, 07:36 PM
I've got a feeling this Saturday. Not about the result, i'm going to see a Black Eyed Peas tribute band.

Skintagain
25-09-2017, 08:05 PM
First time i've done this and felt it was a virtually fruitless exercise.

Hogdeson reads this thread before every game, yours might strike a note, be positive.

Skintagain
25-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Lets not be negative a few things have been learned in the last couple of weeks. Punch and Mac are no longer good enough to start. RLC appears to have something as a No10.
We're getting closer to the best line up.
Its not Man City, we'll have a little more of the ball which means we won't be chasing so much and less likely to run out of steam.

For my money the best starting line up would be; for me as usual a box of 4 central defensive players, its very difficult to breakdown. Centre forward well, your guess is as good as mine, we'll have to work through them but Dann would be useful when defending their 45 corners so get the starting nod from me.

......................Hennessey
Ward........Tomkins...Sakho.......Schlupp
..............Luka.......Reidewald
Townie..........RLC/Cabs...................PVA
.................... Dann

elgin eagle
25-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Speroni
Tomkins (yes, at RB)
Sakho
Dann
PVA
Jairo
Luka
Yohan
Andros
Schlupp
RLC

Did Schlupp used to be a striker? I'm looking at our squad and the best options from the 25 for scoring goals seem to be Punch, Delaney, Dann, Mutch, RLC, Sako and Schlupp. Ladapo and Bissaka could make a name for themselves like whathisface for Man Utd did, but i'm not sure they'll get a chance.

Die hard Hoj
25-09-2017, 08:33 PM
---------------------------Speroni --------------------------
Ward-------------Sakho--------Tomkins-------------schlupp
-----------------------------Luka-----------------------------
-----------------L-Cheek------------Cabaye------------------
-----------Townsend-------------------------PVA-------------
---------------------------Dann-------------------------------

Stavros 69
25-09-2017, 08:43 PM
----------Speroni
Tomkins Dann Sahko Van Aanholt
Milivojevic Riedewald
RLC Cabaye Schlupp
---Townsend---

Mr Bo Jangles
26-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA

Townsend Cabaye Milivojevic Reiderwald Schlupp

RLC

Jay_eagle
26-09-2017, 11:37 AM
The fact we are resulting to Sako up front is a sad day for football everywhere. I'd let Puncheon have a go, he no longer works in our midfield. He can score chances, this might give him the impetus to actually have a shot!

steve hail
26-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Oh, God our help in ages past, our hope for years to come, our shelter from the stormy blast, etc, etc....

Hector
26-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA

Luka Cabaye

Townsend RLC Schlupp

Sako

I'd make Cabaye captain.

switchboard
26-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Speroni

Ward
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA

Luka
Riedewald

Townsend
Punch
KaiKai

Cabaye

Shipp Ahoy!
26-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Henno

Ward - Tomkins - Sakho - PVA

Luka - Reideweld

Townsend - Cabaye - Schlupp

RLC - Sako

Subs: Speroni, Dann, McArthur, Puncheon, Lee, KaiKai, Lumeka

See if we can get away with 12 ;)

If not then guess better take out Schlupp, move Cabaye out wide and play RLC in behind Sako.

Shipp Ahoy!
26-09-2017, 12:03 PM
The fact we are resulting to Sako up front is a sad day for football everywhere. I'd let Puncheon have a go, he no longer works in our midfield. He can score chances, this might give him the impetus to actually have a shot!

The same Puncheon who hasn't scored a goal since May 2016 despite playing in nearly every game???

Sako on the other hand has hardly played (thanks to being constantly bloody injured but still not really played) and scored the other week in the one game he started up front...

bigend1
26-09-2017, 12:04 PM
This may all be true, but I'm not sure he can do all that while also playing at centre back.

Haha thanks :p

OneSize
26-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Speroni
Ward ----- Tomkins ----- Sakho ----- PVA
Milivojevic --- Cabaye
Townsend --------------- Loftus-Cheek --------------- Lumeka
Schlupp

Son of Ron
26-09-2017, 01:06 PM
--------Hennessey
Tomkins, Dann, Sakho, PVA
-------------Luka
Townsend, Cabaye (c), RLC, Schlupp
-------------Sako

Subs
Speroni, Ward, Riedewald, McArthur, Puncheon, Lumeka

bigGcpfc
26-09-2017, 01:53 PM
I really don't care what the starting lineup is as long as Ward and Puncheon are not in it. I'm hoping RH has sussed the pair of them out and we move on without either.

Shipp Ahoy!
26-09-2017, 01:57 PM
I really don't care what the starting lineup is as long as Ward and Puncheon are not in it. I'm hoping RH has sussed the pair of them out and we move on without either.

Hmm, I would normally agree but with TFM not available...

bigGcpfc
26-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Hmm, I would normally agree but with TFM not available...

Then someone else, anyone. We really need to see the back of both of them.

bodger
26-09-2017, 04:01 PM
WH
Ward Tomkins Sakho PVA
AT Luka RLC Schlupp
Ladapo Lumeka

orpingtoneagle
26-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Park The Bus...oh forgot we don't have one of them either

Park the Robin Reliant

jimmy the gent
26-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Ward and pva up against mkityryan and martial/rashford? Thatll be fun.

pardew's shorts
26-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Hennessey

Tomkins Dann Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Milivojevic Riedewald

Townsend Loftus-Cheek Sako

Mr Palace
26-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Pardew's Shorts team is the one I would go with.

Kai
26-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Might as well put the bleeding youth team out. We'll get soundly beaten anyway.

cpfcfan1
26-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Who cares

We'll be 3 down at half time

Jordan's Jacket
26-09-2017, 04:53 PM
Who cares

That's the spirit. Although I admire your optimism

Thefunkymonk
26-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Assuming TFM canít play

hennessey (meh)

Ward Tomkins sakho pva

Luka Cabaye

Townsend RLC Sclupp

sako

bigGcpfc
26-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Hennessey

Looks about the best side we can put together.

AJ
26-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Who cares

Are mu in moscow tomorrow night for champions league? Let us hope for a few minor injuries and a chance for us to make a game of it on Saturday.

palacemetros
26-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Oh, God our help in ages past, our hope for years to come, our shelter from the stormy blast, etc, etc....

Or perhaps "Nearer my God, to thee..."

TheCharmer1
27-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Hennessey

best side we have currently.

Gyro1780
27-09-2017, 09:16 AM
2 changes from last game:
Ward for Fosu-Mensah
Sako for Benteke

elgin eagle
27-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Pardew's Shorts team is the one I would go with.

Its a very balanced looking team isnt it.

fuzziettt
27-09-2017, 09:01 PM
A bit of inspiration for all the fans making the trip.

https://g.co/kgs/UJNm3e

bigend1
28-09-2017, 07:47 AM
Carrick, ibrahimovic and pogba missing

Fellani and jones doubtful

Martial is a doubt as he limped off last night.

They could be weakened at least. I'd be delighted not to see martial and fellani

eaglejez
28-09-2017, 08:05 AM
we're gonna get stuffed.
The only modicum of interest being could we get a consolation from a corner

bigend1
28-09-2017, 08:12 AM
The standard has fosu-Mensa playing for us.

I suspect poor journalism but maybe Utd felt so bad for us they waved the clause so he could get game time there! #pity

Shoreditch CPFC
28-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Hennessey

I agree except start Speroni. If he screws up then hopefully it at least serves as a kick up the backside for Hennessey.

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 10:18 AM

I can't see it being anything else.

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 10:22 AM
We need height and power to cope with Mourinho's upmarket version of Pulis tactics with their team of giants. It will be quite different from the Citeh match, ManUre try to bully opponents.

Very good post. The challenge will be totally different. With that in mind, we could possibly play Jairo Riedewald left midfield? Also, James Tomkins comes into the reckoning. Might he play as the right back instead of Ward?

CharlieCPFC
28-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Hennessey
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Luka
RLC Cabaye
Townsend Ladapo Schlupp

spt1978
28-09-2017, 10:28 AM
TFM
TFM TFM Tompkins TFM
TFM TFM TFM TFM
TFM

:D

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Hennessey

Yes, that's more like it. As much height as possible, and 4-5-1 with RLC as a false 9, dropping back into midfield. Valencia is their key man. Stop their overloads on the right, with Mikitarian and Valencia and we can get a result. In that respect Riedewald is the key man to support Schlupp on that side. And let Sako take the space that Valencia has vacated. It may end up looking something like:

----------------------Hennessey----------------------------------
Tomkins-----Dann----------------Sakho------------Schlupp
Townsend---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic----------Riedewald
------------------------RLC----------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------Sako------------------

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 10:36 AM

They could be weakened at least. I'd be delighted not to see martial and fellani

Absolutely. Tomkins on Rashford and if they don't have Fellaini perhaps we can keep them out at set-pieces.

adrenalin john
28-09-2017, 11:00 AM
Hennessey
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Luka Riedewald
Townsend Cabaye Schlupp
RLC

Keep it tight, keep it tight, keep it tight. Hope for a break and the spirit of Darren Ambrose.

johnnybacaro
28-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Hennessey
Ward Tomkins Sakho Schlupp
Luka Jairo
Townsend Cabaye RLC
Freddie

Bench: Dann Sako Punch McArthur Speroni Lee KaiKai

Wouldnt play wilf, even if he is fit; let me rest for chelsea

johnnybacaro
28-09-2017, 11:48 AM

Remember the last time we saw a weakened Man Utd squad. Last game of last year and we still got pwned

Sharkba1t
28-09-2017, 11:53 AM

They've still got a great squad, but that news gives me a glimmer of hope.

bigend1
28-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Remember the last time we saw a weakened Man Utd squad. Last game of last year and we still got pwned

Not forgotten but fellani and martial are the players I fear most for us. Gives them too many options. With those missing Sakho and Luka can be competitive against Lukaku and miki.

I expect a defeat but that's positive. Sadly without benteke and wilf we are more than a little blunt but still a threat if Roy can get us effective at set pieces again

Jim Cannon
28-09-2017, 11:59 AM
On a positive note, Lukaku is well overdue for a bad game

jmemour
28-09-2017, 12:04 PM

We also had nothing to play for.

foresthillbilly
28-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Routemaster
Routemaster Routemaster

Routemaster Routemaster

Routemaster Routemaster
Routemaster Routemaster

Routemaster
Routemaster

beef
28-09-2017, 12:12 PM
It feels like we have a luxury of midfielders until you remember the striker situation. Hennessey has to drop to the bench imo.

Ward-------------Dann----------Sakho-------------Schlupp
----------------------------Luka------------------------------
------Townsend--------------------------------PVA---------
---------------------------Cabaye---------------------------
---------------------------RLC-------------------------------
-----------------------------------Sako----------------------

beef
28-09-2017, 12:13 PM
Also not feeling too bothered about this game. It gives Roy the chance to experiment - it could even pay off!

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 01:12 PM
It feels like we have a luxury of midfielders until you remember the striker situation. Hennessey has to drop to the bench imo.

Ward-------------Dann----------Sakho-------------Schlupp
----------------------------Luka------------------------------
------Townsend--------------------------------PVA---------
---------------------------Cabaye---------------------------
---------------------------RLC-------------------------------
-----------------------------------Sako----------------------

No Delaney?

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Hennessey
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Luka Riedewald
Townsend Cabaye Schlupp
RLC

Keep it tight, keep it tight, keep it tight. Hope for a break and the spirit of Darren Ambrose.

Yep, that's the right approach. I'd like to see Luka, Jairo and Cabaye in the midfield.

Del Gland
28-09-2017, 01:27 PM
As it is Man U and Chelsea, I would give one of the young kids a run out. Highly improbable that we will get anything out of these games so use them to blood the youngsters and see if they are ready to step up. I would much rather do this for the sake of our youth system than drag an over 30's has been back into the game. There's a reason that they are not playing and it's either that they are no longer any good or they are greedy for money. I consider the latter because they should be keeping fit playing at a lower level on short contracts.

beef
28-09-2017, 01:30 PM
No Delaney?

Needs a rest after last weekend's exploits :p

Green Bin
28-09-2017, 04:06 PM

that's a 8-2 formation

Blimey...if FdB came up with that it would be all 'players being played out of position' and 'unusual formations and tactics that the players don't understand'

I can see however this is a tongue-in-cheek formation...although you do have Schlupp playing roughly where he was against Southampton

McpfcS
29-09-2017, 07:01 AM
Won't be a better time to play United all season - three days after their game in Moscow.

mcmean
29-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Tomkins PVA

Luka

Townsend Cabaye RLC

Ladapo

McpfcS
29-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Tomkins PVA

Luka

Townsend Cabaye RLC

Ladapo

Ladapo hahahaha

ardeo
29-09-2017, 07:39 AM
Hennessey

Ward Tomkins Sakho Schlupp

Luka Riedewald

Townsend Loftus-Cheek Cabaye Sako

Jman
29-09-2017, 08:02 AM
Is Kai-Kai injured?

Surely it's his time to shine?!

Braders
29-09-2017, 08:27 AM
I think Sakho can nullify Lukaku (famous last words).

It will be how we deal with their wide men that will determine the result. We have been appaling in the full back position all season.

Do think that we will create chances but need someone willing to do the tough job of working the backline and not giving them time to settle.

I would go...

Hennessy

Tomkins Dann Sakho PvA

Cabaye Luka

Townsend Loftus-Cheek Kai-Kai

Sako

Loftus-Cheek is needed in the no. 10 role

AddoWolz
29-09-2017, 08:43 AM
....................Hennessey
Ward. .......Dann. ...Sakho. .....PVA
..................Luka. ....Cabaye
....Townsend. ...RLC. ............Sako

..........................Schlupp

Yes folks Schlupp is our secret weapon, unleash the Schlupp

switchboard
29-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Nobody going for Joel Ward upfront to repeat the heroics of our last hat-trick hero right back?

Nigelbrag
29-09-2017, 08:55 AM
We have to be realistic as the chances are we will be defeated with how we are currently.
With that in mind i would say we will be fighting for pride rather than expectancy and i would pick a starting team to reflect that. Personally i feel we should Not start with a striker as we don't have one of note so would be pointless, but go with a strong Five man defence, and a flexible mobile midfield that works hard defensively as well as supporting eachother as an attack. We will need to"suffocate" their play as they tend to swarm forward and put you under pressure, it is not a question of being negative but using a system to stem the pressure similar to what we saw happen in that defeat by City, i would go with a similar plan against Chelsea as we need if possible to get ONE point if possible from these Two games so as to boost morale and kick start our depressing season.
I would start Julian Speroni as we need a change to stem this run of defeats, Wayne "H" looks bewildered at times and this is filtering through to his defence and needs to be taken out of the firing line for now. Also with JS he gives the defence confidence and belief when in goal as he has shown before, we all accept he is not the JS of old but it could turn out to be the turning point in our horrendous season? what have we to lose by giving him a chance.
The other tweeking to the system would see RLC playing in midfield but as the more advanced Central attacking midfielder as he has the physical attributes to cope with their defenders, but is also capable of scoring a goal with his powerful shooting on sight policy.
We are in a position that none could have imagined we would be in so it calls for unusual measures and formations, but if it achieves it's goal who's complaining.

-----------------------------------------Speroni------------------------------------------

---------Ward----------Tomkins---------Dann----------Sakho----------Schlupp-----------

-------------Townsend---------Luka-------------------Cabaye---------Puncheon------------
-----------------------------------------Loftus-Cheek---------------------------------------

sunshine lucas
29-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Hennessy

Tomkin Dann Sakho PVA
Townsend Luka MCArthur Cabaye Schlupp
RLC

The Alamo.

bhcp
29-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Expecting depressing injury news in the press conference, hoping I'm wrong and what I've been told isn't serious *crosses fingers*

cpfcfan1
29-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Expecting depressing injury news in the press conference, hoping I'm wrong and what I've been told isn't serious *crosses fingers*
Why dont you just say?

bhcp
29-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Why dont you just say?

Promised I wouldn't until after the scan results.

Jesos
29-09-2017, 09:46 AM

Sako 12 weeks pregnant!!

Jman
29-09-2017, 09:46 AM

RLC...

cpfcfan1
29-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Had a feeling it was RLC...

bigend1
29-09-2017, 09:48 AM
We don't need anymore shit

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 09:52 AM
When is the press conference?

bigend1
29-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Roy has just trasfered aguero into his dream team?

Shipp Ahoy!
29-09-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm not even sure what would be the worst case but I guess on the list:

Sakho, RLC, Townsend, Cabaye(?), maybe Luka or something on Wilf (though I doubt it given all the positive update vids we get everyday).

My guess is certainly the first two, based on what has been suggested recently RLC most likely...

Palacebear
29-09-2017, 10:00 AM
Sako 12 weeks pregnant!!

With all the crap news coming out of palace these days, this made me laugh!

Cyneagle
29-09-2017, 10:02 AM
-----------------------Speroni---------------------------------
Ward-Dann-Sakho-Schlupp-Luka-Townsend-PVA-Cabaye-RLC-Sako

Palacebear
29-09-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm not even sure what would be the worst case but I guess on the list:

Sakho, RLC, Townsend, Cabaye(?), maybe Luka or something on Wilf (though I doubt it given all the positive update vids we get everyday).

My guess is certainly the first two, based on what has been suggested recently RLC most likely...

Sakho breaking down would be the worst news. Sounds like RLC if the other posters are correct, which will be another disappointment.

Ffs, I wish our luck would change.

beef
29-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Nobody going for Joel Ward upfront to repeat the heroics of our last hat-trick hero right back?

The achievement has been tarnished because it was against Wayne Hennessey...

Keith Powell
29-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Any pubs showing this game tomorrow?

Shipp Ahoy!
29-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Any pubs showing this game tomorrow?

Might be better off finding a pub not showing it ;)

bhcp
29-09-2017, 11:46 AM

Damn it, been confirmed :hmph:

AddoWolz
29-09-2017, 12:16 PM
.....................Hennessey
Ward. .......Dann. ......Sakho. ........PVA
..................LUKA. ......Cabaye
Townsend. .......McArthur. .......Puncheon

..........................Schlupp

wrightchipvcfc
29-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Think it will be
WH
Tfm. Dann. Sakho. Schlupp
Luka. Cabaye
Mcarthur
Townsend. Sako. Pva

Hudds Eagle
29-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Hennessey (by default

Ward (by default)
Dann (by default)
Sakho
Souare

Luka

Townsend
Cabaye
Riedewald
Schlupp

McArthur

We need mobility up front in a game like this. Someone who'll chase everything and put their centre halves under pressure. Let Jimmy Mac do the job, at least for the next two games where we'll be mostly defending anyway.

beef
29-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Coming round to the idea of Schlupp up front. He could cause a lot of trouble.

Thefunkymonk
29-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Anyone know what’s up with RLC?

cpfcfan1
29-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Anyone know whatís up with RLC?
Thigh strain

Stats74
29-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Think it will be
WH
Tfm. Dann. Sakho. Schlupp
Luka. Cabaye
Mcarthur
Townsend. Sako. Pva

It won't be TFM...he can't play v his parent club.
If fit, RLC can't play against Chelsea either.

bigend1
29-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Coming round to the idea of Schlupp up front. He could cause a lot of trouble.

Utd playing 3 at the back and will be pressing us. Schlupp has the pace in the channels to be an effective outlet.. drive to the byline and get us corners.

With Tomkins injured, Dann is needed cb so it's schlupp for me... I think

bigend1
29-09-2017, 12:39 PM
---------------Hennessey-----------------
-------------Luka----ridewald-------------
Punch----------cabaye----------Townsend
----------------schlupp ------------------

Subject to change

Dobbo
29-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Only 22-1 against winning this week :rolleyes:

Fatboy
29-09-2017, 12:48 PM
We will be lucky to get nil this week....

Shipp Ahoy!
29-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Only 22-1 against winning this week :rolleyes:

Should be 100/1.

glaziers fan
29-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Now we know the extent of the injuries:

--------------------------Hennessey----------------------------------
Ward------------Dann----------------Sakho-------------PVA
Townsend----Milivojevic-----------Riedewald---------Schlupp
---------------------------Cabaye------------------------------------
----------------------------Sako--------------------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Souare
Kelly
Puncheon
McArthur
Lumeka
Ladapo

cpfcfan1
29-09-2017, 12:58 PM
What odds on us scoring?

aj4england
29-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Utd playing 3 at the back and will be pressing us. Schlupp has the pace in the channels to be an effective outlet.. drive to the byline and get us corners.

With Tomkins injured, Dann is needed cb so it's schlupp for me... I think

Corners and free kicks , anything between 20 and 35 yards out Sako thunderbolt please , 20 yards and less Luka .

Windsor_Eagle
29-09-2017, 01:18 PM
---------------Hennessey-----------------
-------------Luka----ridewald-------------
Punch----------cabaye----------Townsend
----------------schlupp ------------------

Subject to change

Sako in for Schlupp and swap Punch and Townsend and I think that'll be the side.

bigend1
29-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Sako in for Schlupp and swap Punch and Townsend and I think that'll be the side.

I'd have schlupp in over both punch and Sako personally! I'm just gutted we only have one of him at the moment as I'd have three as a front three with his pace!

Dogburger
29-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Surely Ladapo has to be the striker ? Cant believe all these ideas of full backs or midfield players being our striker if we have one on the bench . Ladapo is part of our club ,he is a striker , play him .

Dogburger
29-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Hennessy

Ward Dann Sakho Riedwald PVA

Cabaye Milo
Townsend Schlupp
Ladapo

WinoEagle
29-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Jules
Alice the Eagle - Dann - Sakho - PVA
Luka
Townsend - Pete the Eagle - Cabaye - Riedewald
Parish

Subs:
Hennessy
Sako
Schlupp
Dougie F
Kelly
Mark Bright
Lumeka

Whyteleafe_Sage
29-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Hennessey
Ward - Dann - Sakho - PVA
Cabaye - Luka - Riedewald
Townsend - Sako - Schlupp

Subs: Speroni, Kelly, McArthur, Puncheon, Kaikai, Lumeka, Ladapo

rambo1
29-09-2017, 09:17 PM
-----------Hennessey------------
Riedewald--Dann--Sakho--Schlupp

Cabaye------Luka------Puncheon

Townsend---Ladapo--------Sako

Subs-
Speroni,Ward,PVA,McArthur,Lee,KaiKai,Lumeka.

davemorris04
29-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Makes no difference what team we play, we are awful and will lose at least 3-0.

Palacebear
29-09-2017, 09:28 PM
Hennessey
Ward - Dann - Sakho - PVA
Cabaye - Luka - Riedewald
Townsend - Sako - Schlupp

Subs: Speroni, Kelly, McArthur, Puncheon, Kaikai, Lumeka, Ladapo

Given what's available I would take that team. However, I expect to see Roy starting punch somewhere.

bodger
29-09-2017, 09:44 PM
WH
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Luka
AT Cabaye McArthur Lumeka
Ladapo

That's my team Punch has had enough chances. Sako is just not fast enough or fit enough to trouble them we have seen enough of Lee. Ladapo and Lumeka seem to have a decent understanding both move well something we lack. RH will stick with Sako and Punchoen to be fair that's the safe bet.

sl6 Eagle
29-09-2017, 10:01 PM
—————Why————
Do——We——Care——Anymore
———-As——The————-
Players——Don’t———Give
————A toss——————

We
Are
Absolutely
Fu***d
Relegation
Dead
Certs

averity
29-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Has to be ladapo up front, what sort of message does it send out by putting a player out of position over him! Also a striker all be it a young and not tried one is much more likely to score, as it's just natural to them, I bet I'm training he bangs them in

Payroll Legend
29-09-2017, 10:42 PM
Makes no difference what team we play, we are awful and will lose at least 3-0.

That's the spirit. Although not entirely unreasonable

McpfcS
30-09-2017, 06:14 AM
Has to be ladapo up front, what sort of message does it send out by putting a player out of position over him! Also a striker all be it a young and not tried one is much more likely to score, as it's just natural to them, I bet I'm training he bangs them in

He's almost 25

Of course it's better to play Sako out of position than Ladapo - who has no chance of playing above League 1 level.

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 07:22 AM
What odds on us scoring?Slim lol 14/1 lol it's laughable isn't it

Thefunkymonk
30-09-2017, 07:51 AM
Schlupp started his career as a striker. Has pace to cause serious pleinakens and work the line.. would be worth a pint up top with sako out wide

Thefunkymonk
30-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Or will wilf make a return......

chrisophiex
30-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Schlupp started his career as a striker. Has pace to cause serious pleinakens and work the line.. would be worth a pint up top with sako out wide

I'll drink to that.

AddoWolz
30-09-2017, 12:55 PM
..................Hennessey
Ward. .......Sakho. ...Delaney. .....PVA
..................Luka. ......Cabaye
Townsend. .....McArthur. ....Puncheon

...........................Sako

west eagle
30-09-2017, 01:23 PM
surely Roy is saving some players??

how can we have all these injuries??

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
30-09-2017, 01:28 PM
surely Roy is saving some players??

how can we have all these injuries??

saving for what ? Its International break next week ?

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o
30-09-2017, 01:29 PM

Have you ever see Ladapo play ? With due respect to both Trevor Aylott springs to mind..

buzzby
30-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Shocking Team
What a complete lack of investment by the board.
Some of the players remind me of the days of Langley and Aylott

It just shows that if we have more than 3 players injured, then we have no depth in our squad.
Reidawald should be playing ahead of no goals punch drunk

elgin eagle
30-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Hennessey,

Ward, Sakho, Delaney, Van Aanholt,

Milivojevic, Cabaye, Schlupp, Townsend, Puncheon, Sako