PDA

View Full Version : Scott Dann -Striker

Johnny Byrne
25-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Seems to me the best bet in the short term is play Dann upfront. Sako can support him until Wilf is fit.

A central defender with an eye for goal makes sense and will know how to hold the ball up.

Tomkins and Sakho at CB with TFM and Souare at FB.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

palacea
25-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Seems to me the best bet in the short term is play Dann upfront. Sako can support him until Wilf is fit.

A central defender with an eye for goal makes sense and will know how to hold the ball up.

Tomkins and Sakho at CB with TFM and Souare at FB.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

:supergrin:

Hector
25-09-2017, 02:37 PM
There are many things people are taking the p1ss out of us why add another?

Billyd
25-09-2017, 02:47 PM
When this is actually a plausiable suggeation you realise just how ****ed we are.

mrgins
25-09-2017, 02:56 PM
Jimmymac?

Heath eagle
25-09-2017, 02:57 PM
It will be rlc for sure

MFBias
25-09-2017, 02:58 PM
We have to start Sako or Ladapo over Dann, if we pick Dann the message it sends out is that we are in complete disarray (which we are but no need to make it worse) that with no goals, we are now turning to playing a CB upfront from the first minute.

aj4england
25-09-2017, 03:01 PM
We have to start Sako or Ladapo over Dann, if we pick Dann the message it sends out is that we are in complete disarray (which we are but no need to make it worse) that with no goals, we are now turning to playing a CB upfront from the first minute.

Don't give a crap about what other teams think. The opposition wont expect it and we may get something out of it before they've realised whats happened. In this instance he can get back into defence :D

st albans
25-09-2017, 03:08 PM
No

palace_burger
25-09-2017, 03:10 PM
It will be rlc for sure

Not against Chelsea it won't be

redandblue
25-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Lets get Kevin Doyle back :)

GrayP41ace
25-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Don't give a crap about what other teams think. The opposition wont expect it and we may get something out of it before they've realised whats happened. In this instance he can get back into defence :D

If he started up top and scored, I'd leave him there, at least he'd be less likely to gift them a way back into the game in defence like most games he's played since coming back into the side :hmph:

To be fair though, the opposition might be expecting it, seeing as no one else has a clue what we're gonna do!

Martin H
25-09-2017, 03:13 PM
This would be a little crazy surely. For 5 mins at the end of a match but surely not for 90 mins. Better off playing a false 9 or even someone who will just run around up there and irritate them for 90 mins. Would think the only result of putting Scott up there would be another injury.

macstar
25-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Zero pace

Sp1Eagle
25-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Burnley away.

/ Thread.

Windsor_Eagle
25-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I imagine that at Zaha, RLC and Townsend will play as a rotating front three whilst Benteke is out. Sako being the bench option.

FourtyTwo
25-09-2017, 03:23 PM
When we won 2-1 at Anfield, I think we started that day with 4 wingers playing all across the front line, in basically a 4-2-4.

Bolasie - Zaha - Sako - Puncheon (I think).

It was working really well up to a point, and had their defence just not sure who to pick up, as they were interchanging positions, doubling up etc. Bizarrely, it was a break in play due to an injury to Sakho, and then his subsequent substitution, that allowed them to regroup and come up with a better way of dealing with it.

Alas that one of the 4 has gone, another injured and a third now not at the same level, but there are options to how we could play without Benteke. And whilst it is obviously a huge blow, the biggest mistake would be to play as if we still had him. A change of approach to fit the players we have available (something both Pardew and FdB often struggled with), and it might help us become a bit less predictable.

I reckon Zaha up front, with Schlupp and Townsend either side, and then a midfield three of Cabaye, Luka and RLC will be the default once all are fit and available.

Benzhiyi
25-09-2017, 03:29 PM
When this is actually a plausiable suggeation you realise just how ****ed we are.

Yep.

Rank amateur.

16eagles
25-09-2017, 03:32 PM
He's shite at defending so might as well. Our most overrated player in our history!
Should of dealt with 1st goal Saturday. Captain my ******* arse!

orp pisshead1
25-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Has to be Bakery then Ladapo imo as with Ladapo at least it's round peg in round holes .

16eagles
25-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Bakary against Man U. Wilf be back for Chelsea Simple.

Lordashenden
25-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Seen as Schulpp use to be a striker a sensible person would assume he could play there again. Just can't see him scoring many :wallbash:

Ardent Eagle Forever
25-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Been done before. Chris Coleman played as a striker under Alan Smith or coppell can't remember which manager.

AJ
25-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Roy needs to change the style. If he puts Townsend, Shlupp, Wilf or Sako up front the team need to play to feet, with 2 up front. Shlupp and Townsend are pretty quick so another option is to use that pace like we did for AJ.

beef
25-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Did Iain Dowie start this thread?

If we are going to stick a defender up front I'd rather we go for PvA. At least he has a decent shot on him.

There should be a whole bunch of midfielders to try out before going with a centre back.

Ralph
25-09-2017, 04:44 PM
He's shite at defending so might as well. Our most overrated player in our history!
Should of dealt with 1st goal Saturday. Captain my ******* arse!

If you seriously think he is the most overrated player in our history then you're lucky you weren't a fan 5 years back (and beyond).

:frown:

CPFC.1990
25-09-2017, 04:46 PM
The club is at a new low.

We've never had it so good though.

Even in the deepest, darkest admin period of 98/99 we had some strikers...... Fumaca.

Donaldtrumpin
25-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Any decent free agents haha? Adebayor *hides behind desk*

TWELLSEagle
25-09-2017, 05:31 PM

This. It's actually an option, one of our only options.

TWELLSEagle
25-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Been done before. Chris Coleman played as a striker under Alan Smith or coppell can't remember which manager.

Yep and did well

glaziers fan
25-09-2017, 06:31 PM
If at home, I think Dann up top is a serious possibility. Otherwise, no. Away from home we need pace on the counter.

TWELLSEagle
25-09-2017, 06:38 PM
If at home, I think Dann up top is a serious possibility. Otherwise, no. Away from home we need pace on the counter.

We need pace out wide but as a target man he could work.

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Let's not cement our current joke status. Play them where they're supposed to go, you can't start a Premier League game with a centre half up front. It's bloody stupid.

Bring in someone from the u23s who's been trained to play there. Put some pace in the team.

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Dear God.

EddieEdwards
25-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Need to find something for all our spare centre halves to do I suppose.

Bipe
25-09-2017, 07:17 PM
My memory may be failing me but I'm sure I recall a game in the mid 80s in which that Goliath of a man Micky Droy ended up being shoved up front...can anyone elucidate?

Biggineagle
25-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Seems to me the best bet in the short term is play Dann upfront. RLC can Play 10 EFA Not a bad shout :p

smoll
25-09-2017, 07:49 PM
NO

Stellavista
25-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Jesus wept.

arm chair eagle
25-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Paul Warhurst became as great goal scorer for Blackburn in the early 90's

fang
25-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Jesus wept.

He's not the only one.

rambo1
25-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Scott Dann should,most Definitely,Not Start as a Striker.
Bakary Sako,Ruben Loftus-Cheek,Jeffrey Schlupp,Sullay KaiKai,Freddie Ladapo,Jason Lokilo,Levi Lumeka or a Free-Agent are the Options against Manchester United.

TWELLSEagle
25-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Bakary Sako,Ruben Loftus-Cheek,Jeffrey Schlupp,Sullay KaiKai,Freddie Ladapo,Jason Lokilo,Levi Lumeka or a Free-Agent are the Options against Manchester United.

Jeffery schlupp? Barn doors and banjos spring to mind. The point is we need a target man, someone to hold up the ball. Lumeka, ladapo, Kai Kai are all too lightweight for the premier league

Worksop Palace
25-09-2017, 08:11 PM

Schlupp :supergrin:

You're a laugh you are

SeanPalace84
25-09-2017, 08:12 PM

Yep, mental isn't it.

Eagle's Nest
25-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Paul Warhurst became as great goal scorer for Blackburn in the early 90's

He scored four goals in 73 games for Blackburn. Calvin Andrew is a better striker.

rambo1
25-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Schlupp :supergrin:

You're a laugh you are

Jeffrey Schlupp,was a Striker,before he Moved to Left-Back.

Stavros 69
25-09-2017, 08:42 PM
I thought the thread said Scott Dann - Stinker

Chas
25-09-2017, 09:22 PM

The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

Hello, we are Crystal Palace, and we are a shambles.

knowlesyUCLA
25-09-2017, 09:50 PM
I think it will be Sako. RLC contributes too much in the centre of the park to move him further forward. FdB did that against Liverpool, played him on the right of the front three, and it didn't suit him, or rather we missed his ability playing deeper.

eagles2008
25-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Sign Danny butterfield back!!!

wapping eagle
25-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Would rather play Hennessey. At least that way he can't play in goal

Reg_Maudling
25-09-2017, 10:29 PM
What about Martin Kelly up front?

Martin H
25-09-2017, 11:50 PM
Isn't Ward our top scorer? He nicked the first one against Huddersfield didn't he?

orp pisshead1
26-09-2017, 12:38 AM
He's not the only one.

:D :lux:

orp pisshead1
26-09-2017, 12:42 AM
My memory may be failing me but I'm sure I recall a game in the mid 80s in which that Goliath of a man Micky Droy ended up being shoved up front...can anyone elucidate?

He definitely played up front one game but think it was late on rather than from the start. Didn't he once put the ball over the AW?

Asagaya_Eagle
26-09-2017, 01:04 AM

There was a reason he moved to left back

SOUTHGATE EAGLE
26-09-2017, 01:26 AM
It will be rlc for sure

Since RLC is the only player we have ( renting ) able to create a damn thing, who will pass the ball to him if he plays up front?

Sako needs to play ST until Wilf is back and then we can consider moving Wilf centrally to form a striker partnership with Sako. Play everything centrally to them, get them to hold up the ball and work it from there. Best we can do after the position the club put us all in.

Scott Dann is nowhere near mobile enough to be a makeshift striker and his knack for finding space in the box will be limited once he officially becomes a striker.

I think we are deservedly down now anyways.

TWELLSEagle
26-09-2017, 06:01 AM

Have you seen him play recently? He is as much a striker as Joel Ward is a centre back

GrayP41ace
26-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Which sums it all up perfectly :supergrin::supergrin:

bigend1
26-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Actually rA,mbo has a good point regarding schlupp. I'd say he'd be better than someone we sign on a free who will be physically wreaked until benteke and possibly wickham are back anyway.

Personally I'd have Scott up front. Have Ruben playing off him as he was doing so effectively against city during that first half. Scott may not be the most mobile but he can pass, shoot and header well. He'd be more of a problem with his back to goal but we'd be better off going higher for flick ons rather than to the chest of benteke and would have to be more accurate as Dann won't be running the channels. The added benefit of that is they've been working on that with benteke last week so Ruben will be suited. Most of our chances will be set pieces probably and whilst no benteke is still a blow Dann is a big threat in the air and a battler in the box.

So to schlupp. We'd have to play a different game but schupp could do a Jerome job there. Balls into the channel to give us rest bite and exploit his pace. He'd be a threat for his pace alone and whilst his finishing is lacking for a striker he would have the ability to possibly pick out the supporting runs of Ruben, cabaye, Luka and andros but more likely fire it off a defender for corners. The unseen work would be the fact his pace would keep Utd etc deeper. If he gets a sniff in behind he'd be away so they would have to sit back or play a very very risky offside trap. He has the pace, energy, strength and tenacity to be a problem for teams if we play in a way that makes the most of it. Add that tenacity and ability to tackle to the fact that teams will be coming to us now looking for a big boost to their goal difference rather than fighting for points he could be a good guy to take advantage of complacency at the back and in midfield. Get cocky and Jeff could be away with the ball.

It's an option for us

dowieslovechild
26-09-2017, 09:31 AM
It sounds crazy, but I honestly believe that playing Dann and Sako upfront is our best option. Far better than emergency loaning somebody else's deadwood. But I would imagine that Roy will opt for a Lee/Sako pairing.

Stats74
26-09-2017, 09:47 AM
It sounds crazy, but I honestly believe that playing Dann and Sako upfront is our best option. Far better than emergency loaning somebody else's deadwood. But I would imagine that Roy will opt for a Lee/Sako pairing.

You can't get emergency loans for strikers. Can only sign free agents now. Think emergency loans only come in for keepers IF three were registered originally...which they weren't. So that's where the next knee ligament injury will come!!!

wedgetail
26-09-2017, 09:53 AM
We need the Danny Butterfield solution, play a left back as striker.

EldraththeSane
26-09-2017, 09:57 AM
We need the Danny Butterfield solution, play a left back as striker.

Or THE Danny Butterfield solution, play Danny Butterfield... he is available...

Eagle's Nest
26-09-2017, 01:18 PM

We have strikers at the club. We may as well play in a big tent if we're going to start with Scott Dann up front.

jimmy the gent
26-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Not sure I can face the prospect of a Sako Lee partnership. Can't stand either of them. ******* hell what a state we are in!

jaspercpfc
26-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Not sure I can face the prospect of a Sako Lee partnership. Can't stand either of them. ******* hell what a state we are in!

best league in the world