PDA

View Full Version : Jimmay Mac - could do a job?

Windsor_Eagle
25-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Prepared to be flayed alive for this suggestion, but here goes....

Jimmy Mac. Not a first choice for midfield. Good shot on him. Good header of the ball. Great engine. Could he do a Jerome / Chamakh-esque role up top? Tirelessly chasing the back 4 down, running the channels etc. He's got decent off the ball movement too and could allow RLC, Zaha, Townsend etc to have a bit more joy in and around him around the box?

Ooh Betty
25-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Ffs

sl6 Eagle
25-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Haha surely this a joke right?

sunshine lucas
25-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Why not... desperate times....

Ralph
25-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Do it the way the French did years ago. Play a triumvirate up top of midfielders who can keep hold of the ball and encourage runners fro a second bank of 3 behind them.

Enables you to both flood attack and defence.

Zaha --- RLC --- Townsend

In front of

McArthur --- Milivoijevic --- Cabaye

Levski
25-09-2017, 04:39 PM
No other option. Seems at least as good an option as Rickie (broken) Lambert

beef
25-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Do it the way the French did years ago. Play a triumvirate up top of midfielders who can keep hold of the ball and encourage runners fro a second bank of 3 behind them.

Enables you to both flood attack and defence.

Zaha --- RLC --- Townsend

In front of

McArthur --- Milivoijevic --- Cabaye

That sounds quite sophisticated for Palace! At least I learnt a new word

Ralph
25-09-2017, 04:52 PM
That sounds quite sophisticated for Palace! At least I learnt a new word

Midfielders?

:supergrin:

Zohar's Penalty
25-09-2017, 04:55 PM
People rubbishing this or Scott Dann- genuinely theses are realistic possibilities, such is the absolute cluster**** of a situation we have put ourselves in.

It will be Sako, Dann, McArthur or RLC.

PoshPalace
25-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Good shout. He is, after all, our top scorer this season

Windsor_Eagle
25-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Glad that some don't think I am a mental:D

Clearly, the situation is absurd, but we can only whinge for so long. We also need ideas.

Jimmy probably won't get used up top. Zaha or RLC will be with Sako providing cover but I do think (genuinely) that Jimmy has certain qualities that could make him useful.

He is a decent finisher and can run the opposition defence. He could be a nuisance. He is also our top scorer :D:

Danny_Cheviot
25-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Good shout. He is, after all, our top scorer this season

Agree. I mean, he only has himself to blame.

Payroll Legend
25-09-2017, 05:07 PM
I think Sako played as a forward at times for Wolves, I'd like to see him given a run of games now.

Gregz41
25-09-2017, 05:10 PM
Mcarthur's shooting on the whole is average at best. I'm aware he scored with two very nice finishes recently in the cup, but over his entire career here that kind of finishing has been rare indeed.

Stellavista
25-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Has Roy resigned out of frustration yet?
He should. He's inherited an absolute basketcase.

Stellavista
25-09-2017, 05:14 PM
McArthur up front is not the answer.

4 cryingOutloud
25-09-2017, 05:18 PM

It is to his wife.;)

smoll
25-09-2017, 07:46 PM
NO

PalaceSi
25-09-2017, 08:17 PM
I must confess i'm looking forward to having someone up there who fancies breaking sweat chasing down the back four unlike Benteke and certainly unlike Sako. Jimmy Mac is not the worst shout and he can score.

Whyteleafe_Sage
25-09-2017, 09:05 PM
RLC or JM are our best bets up front at the moment, with Ladapo playing a cameo role off the bench.

Chas
25-09-2017, 09:18 PM
To the people laughing at this idea: Which striker should we play instead? Ladapo? Keshi? Gemma Bryan has been in good form.

CP-RJW
25-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Spain won Euro 2012 with Fabregas up front, think you might be onto something here.

doogleboy
25-09-2017, 09:25 PM
Windsor is normally a sensible poster. This shows he has lost his mind. Nailed on relegation

Windsor_Eagle
25-09-2017, 10:08 PM
:D

I might well have.

However, since I posted this earlier I am actually thinking it makes more and more sense.

What a ******* season this is turning out to be.

DARZET EAGLE
25-09-2017, 10:09 PM
To the people laughing at this idea: Which striker should we play instead? Ladapo? Keshi? Gemma Bryan has been in good form.

:supergrin:

GrayP41ace
26-09-2017, 09:10 AM
TO be honest, someone to run around and put pressure on Man Utd and Chelsea's back 3/4 for 60-70 minutes might prevent the continuous onslaught once they have time to build from the back cause Benteke hasn't moved out of the centre circle. Might give the midfielders a chance to push up a little and close some spaces too.

I don't think it's the answer, but it should never have been a question in the first place. Whatever we do shouldn't have been the solution in any way, shape or form, the fact it is, is a shambles.

Kirby
26-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Not a bad shout to be fair. Definitely knows where the goal is and is surprisingly good in the air for his size. Also works his bollocks off.

I'd rather see him than Sako, but I'm sure it'll be the latter.

Green Bin
26-09-2017, 11:04 AM

Jimmy Mac. Not a first choice for midfield. Good shot on him. Good header of the ball. Great engine. Could he do a Jerome / Chamakh-esque role up top? Tirelessly chasing the back 4 down, running the channels etc. He's got decent off the ball movement too and could allow RLC, Zaha, Townsend etc to have a bit more joy in and around him around the box?

Nothing wrong with this suggestion, in the past we have looked better when Jimmy Mac has been played well forward, in fact that was his role in the FA Cup. And I don't think we have many players who have scored twice in a game, which I think he has done at least three times (Ipswich, Liverpool and Newcastle). Has a decent shot and header. as a tandem with a young forward, or RLC or perhaps picking up scraps from Sako, it has legs

Jordan's Jacket
26-09-2017, 11:04 AM
If he had a bit more pace, I'd agree, but he hasn't, so I don't

Green Bin
26-09-2017, 11:05 AM

Keshi's on loan isn't he, because if you're gonna leave yourself short of strikers, might as well do a proper job

Jordan's Jacket
26-09-2017, 11:08 AM
How about Roy of the Rovers, or Billy the Fish (I know he's a goalie, but I think he could do a job)

Payroll Legend
26-09-2017, 11:10 AM

Sako

jimmy the gent
26-09-2017, 11:18 AM

Has Steve Parish hacked your account?

glaziers fan
26-09-2017, 11:19 AM
I must confess i'm looking forward to having someone up there who fancies breaking sweat chasing down the back four unlike Benteke and certainly unlike Sako. Jimmy Mac is not the worst shout and he can score.

Agreed, I think McArthur up front is a great shout. He's played as an attacking midfielder before, but actually his game would suit being further forward. Not sure about his hold up play! The key is that whoever plays there has support from the No10 (RLC, Zaha or whoever).

glaziers fan
26-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Sako or McArthur for me.

rambo1
26-09-2017, 11:24 AM

Better Option than Scott Dann.