PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Devante Cole - Fleetwood Town

DaveP
26-09-2017, 08:29 PM
I really think Palace need to be looking at this kid!

He is Andy Cole's son and is absolutely scoring for fun currently in League One for Fleetwood. Yes a big step up but deserves a chance and if the worst happened and we did drop this season he would be ready made for the Championship.

Definitely a player we need to be looking at, wouldn't cost huge amounts either. One to watch!

Golf Boy
26-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Who was the last bloke we looked at from Fleetwood but baulked at the fee?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
26-09-2017, 08:37 PM
Who was the last bloke we looked at from Fleetwood but baulked at the fee?

Mr Vardy

DARZET EAGLE
26-09-2017, 09:48 PM

He is Andy Cole's son and is absolutely scoring for fun currently in League One for Fleetwood. Yes a big step up but deserves a chance and if the worst happened and we did drop this season he would be ready made for the Championship.

Definitely a player we need to be looking at, wouldn't cost huge amounts either. One to watch!

Very good pedigree, worth a punt.

Eaglesmad123
27-09-2017, 09:03 AM

30 goals in 130 appearances.

jimos_uk
27-09-2017, 09:06 AM

Charlie Sheringham.

This kid should be worth scouting, though.

gold76
27-09-2017, 10:24 AM
As an aside, I wonder how much truth there was that we could have got Andy Cole in for 500k back in the day

aj4england
27-09-2017, 11:00 AM

Good suggestion. I give it 10 posts before you get the 'we are a big prem league club we should be aiming higher than someone from Fleetwood' brigade shoot you down. I expect that Burnley, who seem to have adopted a model of good enough for the prem but will mix it in the championship approach meaning that regardless of if they get relegated (which they probably wont) they will keep most of the team together, will be after him if hes any good.

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 12:19 PM
As an aside, I wonder how much truth there was that we could have got Andy Cole in for 500k back in the day

Very much true. Although wasn't it part of the Ian Wright deal? And Noades preferred the cash up front rather than Cash + Cole?

CP-RJW
27-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Like Tom Ince?

Eaglesmad123
27-09-2017, 12:48 PM
If he wasn't Andy Coles son would he even be considered

CharlieCPFC
27-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Like Tom Ince?

Tom Ince would easily get into our starting 11 right now.

jimmy the gent
27-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Not many kids of fanous footballers make it at the top level. Frank Lampard, Jordi Cruuf (maybe), jamie redknapp, old red nosed dane's son at leicester. Other than that can't think of many.

jimmy the gent
27-09-2017, 01:02 PM

If fully fit squad, i doubt it. A good third option to Zaha and Townsend, but certainly not better than either.

Latvian Eagle
27-09-2017, 01:08 PM
If fully fit squad, i doubt it. A good third option to Zaha and Townsend, but certainly not better than either.

I think he meant right now as in... Whilst Zaha is injured.

jimmy the gent
27-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Well yeah, considering our back up wingers are Lee and Sako, clearly Ince is better. But then so is a 37 year Tommy Black probably.

CP-RJW
27-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Yeah but that's hardly a compliment to Ince as our squad has less depth than a paddling pool, the point is that like Jimmy the Gent implied, having a daddy who was good at football doesn't really mean much.

aashman12
15-10-2017, 03:13 PM

100% mate. Him and fosu Henry off Charlton are the type of gambles we should be looking at

aashman12
15-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Yeah but that's hardly a compliment to Ince as our squad has less depth than a paddling pool, the point is that like Jimmy the Gent implied, having a daddy who was good at football doesn't really mean much.

Ince wouldn't get in our side

Nigelbrag
15-10-2017, 04:01 PM
I would say if we were relegated then Cole would be an interesting call to bring into the squad and develop, for now it would be far too much a gamble if still a premiership club next season.

CP-RJW
15-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Ince wouldn't get in our side
He would with Wilf injured, which he was at the time of posting.

Chillo
15-10-2017, 05:42 PM

No way; far too lightweight.

CharlieCPFC
15-10-2017, 06:50 PM
No way; far too lightweight.

Only just seen this, but as LE stated it was implied because of Zaha's injury from our poor depth.

Jim Cannon
15-10-2017, 07:50 PM
I would say if we were relegated then Cole would be an interesting call to bring into the squad and develop, for now it would be far too much a gamble if still a premiership club next season.

The trouble is we never take these gambles and then bemoan our scouting network and moan about what might have been when other clubs do it

Mister Parks
15-10-2017, 08:04 PM
The trouble is we never take these gambles and then bemoan our scouting network and moan about what might have been when other clubs do it

Kwesi Appiah and Keshi Anderson have been taken from non league as a gamble. Going back we had Steve Galloway, Andy Gray, Ian Wright, Tony Finnegan and going back even further we had Terry Long!

The occasional one makes it nowadays but most find their level for whatever reason -- ability, desire, application.

JDawg
15-10-2017, 08:26 PM
If we get to January and we're in touch, this would be a waste of money. If not then perhaps, assuming we don't have somebody already on our books who is better.

Where we are, the Premier League isn't a place you take gambles. The past couple of seasons have shown this.

Jim Cannon
17-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Kwesi Appiah and Keshi Anderson have been taken from non league as a gamble. Going back we had Steve Galloway, Andy Gray, Ian Wright, Tony Finnegan and going back even further we had Terry Long!

The occasional one makes it nowadays but most find their level for whatever reason -- ability, desire, application.

I remember all of them bar Long. But this is not taking a player from non league, he is in league 1