PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Carlton Cole

RCUK
27-09-2017, 11:32 PM
Mirror reporting today that were looking to sign carlton cole.

We may as well sign carlton palmer for all the good this is going to do.

TheCharmer1
28-09-2017, 04:12 AM
This is beyond embarrassing, if true, this guy got booted out of an Indonesian club, he was so bad

Dogburger
28-09-2017, 04:30 AM
This is really scraping the barrel ,an embarrassment to the club and a piss take . We deserve better than this . Give Lapado a run or one of the other kids ,would rather see one or two of them given a game than turning to well past it players who were never that good anyway .

Bintang
28-09-2017, 04:37 AM
This is beyond embarrassing, if true, this guy got booted out of an Indonesian club, he was so bad

Played twice as a starter from five appearances without scoring a goal. In August 2017, Persib terminated his contract.

Seems the manager didn't want him anyway and stated that when Cole played it was like playing with 10 players.

Worksop Palace
28-09-2017, 05:56 AM
We are becoming a bit of a joke aren't we

Mad Raschic Ken
28-09-2017, 06:07 AM
Played twice as a starter from five appearances without scoring a goal. In August 2017, Persib terminated his contract.

Seems the manager didn't want him anyway and stated that when Cole played it was like playing with 10 players.

Based on the start of this season he sounds like a like for like replacement for Benteke.

M Padovano
28-09-2017, 06:19 AM
This is really scraping the barrel ,an embarrassment to the club and a piss take . We deserve better than this . Give Lapado a run or one of the other kids ,would rather see one or two of them given a game than turning to well past it players who were never that good anyway .

Highly likely agent fuelled nonsense.

Why do so many people always believe what they read in tabloids?

Brexit Britain.

TheCharmer1
28-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Based on the start of this season he sounds like a like for like replacement for Benteke.

Oh dear

cpfc4evandeva
28-09-2017, 06:22 AM

Yep. I don't care about us being shit, but having a chairman likening the only striker in the entire squad getting injured to the same odds as the sun not coming up is a fairly absurd.

Still, maybe he was right? The sun certainly appears to have stopped shining on SE25 as of late :(

Nostrils
28-09-2017, 06:35 AM
I take it he isn't match fit either. Signing an under performing, below par player that's reportedly got a poor work ethic and has barely scored in quite literally years is hitting a new low. I'd far rather play Sako, Ladapo or even Mutch etc... all of whom are match fit (RLC is more effective moving the ball up the pitch imo). We've made our own bed, having Carlton Cole laying in it with us won't help (that's a bit strange isn't it?).

eagle-leg
28-09-2017, 06:48 AM
I take it he isn't match fit either. Signing an under performing, below par player that's reportedly got a poor work ethic and has barely scored in quite literally years is hitting a new low. I'd far rather play Sako, Ladapo or even Mutch etc... all of whom are match fit (RLC is more effective moving the ball up the pitch imo). We've made our own bed, having Carlton Cole laying in it with us won't help (that's a bit strange isn't it?).

Im coming to the same conclusion. Just stick with what we've got. I cannot see that any of the players we are meant to be looking at will have any impact whatsoever.

Once wilf ia back i would sjggest that we play a fluid front 3 with wilf townsend and sako like we did a few years back with bolasie.

We are just gonna have to learn to play on the floor; which by all accounts is what we did against hudderafield in the cup.

Or you could push RLC into the central position and bring in Riedewald to midfield.

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Surely if the options are Cole, Lambert or Diabaté we push the boat out for Diabaté.

Edit: Just seen Diabaté rejoined his old club.

eagle-leg
28-09-2017, 07:00 AM
Surely if the options are Cole, Lambert or Diabaté we push the boat out for Diabaté.

So what would you do now? I thought that you had literally been begging for wilf to play down the middle. Seems the perfect opportunity to test your theory.

Worksop Palace
28-09-2017, 07:06 AM

Push the boat out for a non attached player ......

Why ?

Just use what we've got. Season is gone, we're going down. Blood some youngsters for next season

eagles #1
28-09-2017, 07:13 AM

Becoming? We've played 6 games and haven't scored a single goal, and it's likely to be 8 games with no goal and no points...

:D

CPFC31
28-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Getting a joke now. To have got I'm this position we deserve to go down. Carlton ******* Cole.

cpfcfan1
28-09-2017, 07:19 AM
What have we got to lose by offering him a few months? Ladapo isnt good enough, nor is the answer Sako up top.

Neckinger Eagle
28-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Surely there must be a better clapped out striker from the South London area or ex-Palace we can sign?

eagles #1
28-09-2017, 07:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MT1X_Hpnt_o/SvMMI0ryJ4I/AAAAAAAAAkw/JJFpwtsSoCs/w1200-h630-p-k-nu/Clinton+Morrison+100.jpgSurely there must be a better clapped out striker from the South London area or ex-Palace we can sign?

My man! Braaaap.

Jordan's Jacket
28-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Shearer is available too

JJ
28-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Sends a great message to sone of the younger players at the club who might well be busting their arses for an opportunity in the first team.

If the rumour is true, of course...

cpfcfan1
28-09-2017, 07:35 AM
Whats ashley paul robinson upto these days, he was always on dis ting

RCUK
28-09-2017, 07:36 AM
If we're not careful Parish will sign Pardew as a striker.

jaspercpfc
28-09-2017, 07:37 AM
Whats ashley paul robinson upto these days, he was always on dis ting

He completed football back in 2014, and isn't currently with a club. He also lives in New Addington so it appears he has completed life as well.

Farcical. As I said on another thread I'd rather see some bit part players grow a pair, show a bit of hunger to step up. Invariably the likes of Sako and co are probably not good enough but why spend another 30k a week on wages for another player who clearly isn't good enough and is unlikely to be match fit. to join the ranks. It really speaks volumes of our aspirations and preparation of a club that we are days away from October, and we're deliberating signing Carlton Cole and then the club have the audacity to say we're in a golden generation. :D:D
Stop wasting money and bit part players who will contribute nothing. I'd rather save the funds and either use it on our academy or give something back to the fans. It would be all too easy to get a Cole etc in and our bit part players wold still be content picking up their £££50k being a bit part squad player.

I have a big issue with the likes of Sako getting paid 50k. Sako may be a pleasant guy, he's clearly popular by some on the other individuals in the squad, but truth be know he's largely done **** all since he's been here. He had a very good 45 mins at home to Villa, and look effective at Stamford Bridge but not a lot else of note. He's very quick to post his bespoke "Ryu" or "dragon ball" football boots and doing Insta stories from his white Merc. He strikes me as a person who is style over substance, and although he walks around with a smile on his face, I'd like to see a little more urgency from him to actually fight for our club, too frequently he looks so complacent. My gut feeling is if Sako is used up top he may need to work the channels which would be natural for him, and we'd need runners coming from deep to get on the end of bits.
As for Cole we were linked when we first came up back in 2013, and the general consensus then was avoid. The guy has been on a paid holiday for the last few years and has achieved nothing. Signing the likes of Carlton Cole concerned me when we went up in 2013 as he would merely be a passenger on a conveyor belt which saw the majority jump off next May. I'd rather we went down tomorrow, than buying poor footballers such as Carlton Cole, and Parish should be embarrassed at even exploring at this move.

Braders
28-09-2017, 07:39 AM
Ladapo isnt good enough, nor is the answer Sako up top.

How do you know?

Billyd
28-09-2017, 07:43 AM
How do you know?

Ladapo was not long ago playing for Margate and will be totally out of his depth.

Sako is a shit waste of space.

Reps AJ
28-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Cole was shit when he was "good", god knows what state he's in now

bigend1
28-09-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure we should sign anyone given the options but if it's lambert or Cole it has to be Cole.

Lambert will likely never be fit enough to play again. Cole is relatively fit training with a club. He's also younger and suited to the big man we are used to having.

Lambert wouldn't be fit in time to play before benteke and wickham are back if at all. Cole at least would be an option

ozzieEagle
28-09-2017, 07:55 AM
He was linked with Melbourne Victory two years back and the fans here were hoping he wasn't signed !!!

eaglejez
28-09-2017, 08:04 AM
what an embarrasment

elgin eagle
28-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Would rather play Schlupp up there with Sako left. PvA and Souare can both pretend to be left backs.

Sp1Eagle
28-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Play the youth ffs.

Jason
28-09-2017, 08:21 AM

Well yes, once we found ourselves in the position we did when the window shut, we should have been doing all we could to get Diabete in, as he was literally the only available option who appeared remotely capable of doing a job at this level. The fact that we appeared not to do so has to go down as another own goal.

But as you say, that ship has sailed now, so we have to look at the options we actually have. And if we exclude moving existing starters up front, those options appear to be Cole, Lambert, Sako, or Ladapo.

Lambert appears to be finished due to injury problems, while Cole seems to have completely gone off the boil. If he can be bothered, Sako probably has all the attributes to do a job of sorts in much the same way Jerome did a few years ago, and we certainly have other attacking players who can capitalise on that kind of approach. Thinking about it, that probably seems the least worst option. And Ladapo being on the bench represents a once in a lifetime opportunity for him, and that might just drag a few acceptable performances from him.

The above isn't ideal of course (to say the least), but given we appeared not to pursue the one free agent who might have actually made a difference to us, it's probably less bad than bringing someone in who is finished and unfit just because they were once a striker. If we were going to bring someone in though, I'd take Cole over Lambert simply because he is more likely to be fit.

rambo1
28-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Push the boat out for a non attached player ......

Why ?

Just use what we've got. Season is gone, we're going down. Blood some youngsters for next season

We've Played 6 Games,still in September & a Space was Created in the 25,by Releasing,Kleton Perntreou,to Sign a Free-agent.
Carlton Cole,Rickie Lambert & Cheick Diabate,are all,Good Short-term Options.
We're Not Going Down.

Nigelbrag
28-09-2017, 08:26 AM
I really cant believe there is any substance to this rumour, management have blundered this season beyond belief already so to now even suggest they can be so naive to want a player that even NO lower league club wants, is inconceivable.
Surely Roy Hogdson even though he has been pushed up against a wall since joining, will not succumb to this hideous suggestion of Carlton Cole or even Lambert, when the reality is based on their recent form and fitness levels warrants a contract? sadly we made our bed now we have to lay on it, unless there is a hidden gem out there that we can unearth.
In my opinion somehow we need to make do with what we have even if that means giving Ladappo a chance, or juggling the pack around and playing with midfielders pushing up from deep to give us an attacking option, but without a striker of note.
It is not ideal, but then when you don't have strikers that score what alternatives is there, hideous management planning has got us into this position and they need to be taken to task at a later stage if the worst was to happen.
For now we need to unite the players into fighting the cause of saving the club from a disastrous relegation battle, but importantly don't make the mistake of making panic signings and regretting yet another poor decision later.

Icy
28-09-2017, 08:29 AM
what an embarrassment

That's an understatement. Joke of a professional. Why dont we just call Anderson back if none of the Under 23's is up to the task.

Al From Bromley
28-09-2017, 08:37 AM
Ladapo was not long ago playing for Margate and will be totally out of his depth.

Sako is a shit waste of space.

Have you heard of that Jamie Vardy fella? He used to play for Fleetwood.

aj4england
28-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Shouldn't of let Kwesi Appiah or Keshi Anderson go based on this

jaspercpfc
28-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Have you heard of that Jamie Vardy fella? He used to play for Fleetwood.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Another player we missed out on. When he signs can we amend the title to "sex drugs and Carlton Cole" :D

Montyburns76
28-09-2017, 09:27 AM
We’re going after the wrong Cole what’s Andy up to these days

TWELLSEagle
28-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Oh just **** off. What a shower. Can't we please stop embarrassing ourselves. Play ladapo or lumeka. Just accept we are fukked and brought it on ourselves

TWELLSEagle
28-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Bet we do this then do a full on promo video with twitter interview or something. We have no shame

Silks&Tekkers
28-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Embarrassing club to support at the moment. They are genuinely leaving us fans open to so much ridicule from the footballing world, even my Millwall mates are laughing at us.

bigend1
28-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Bet we do this then do a full on promo video with twitter interview or something. We have no shame

For you :love:

Stavros 69
28-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Do we have anything to lose by signing him for 3 months?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
28-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Wouldn't be Palace unless we brought in a washed up shithouse striker at some point in the season. Saves us doing it in January I suppose. Ameobi, Adebayor,AJ, Doyle etc. How many PL goals did that lot get for us between them? Embarrassing.

Owngoal
28-09-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes as he was shite when he was 28 - 5 years on? Has never been a goal scorer of any ability.

viking's no1
28-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Several games probably.

Owngoal
28-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Wouldn't be Palace unless we brought in a washed up shithouse striker at some point in the season. Saves us doing it in January I suppose. Ameobi, Adebayor,AJ, Doyle etc. How many PL goals did that lot get between them? Embarrassing.

Doyle and AJ should not have the term shithouse attributed to them, both were class IN THEIR DAY. Over the hill, yes. Carlton has always been shithouse

Chris Finch
28-09-2017, 09:52 AM

The money we saved by not paying Niasse's agent?

The money we could have paid upfront for Tosun instead of in installments?

AJ
28-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Yes as he was shite when he was 28 - 5 years on? Has never been a goal scorer of any ability.

He is due a goal then?:supergrin:

glaziers fan
28-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Well yes, once we found ourselves in the position we did when the window shut, we should have been doing all we could to get Diabete in, as he was literally the only available option who appeared remotely capable of doing a job at this level. The fact that we appeared not to do so has to go down as another own goal.

But as you say, that ship has sailed now, so we have to look at the options we actually have. And if we exclude moving existing starters up front, those options appear to be Cole, Lambert, Sako, or Ladapo.

Lambert appears to be finished due to injury problems, while Cole seems to have completely gone off the boil. If he can be bothered, Sako probably has all the attributes to do a job of sorts in much the same way Jerome did a few years ago, and we certainly have other attacking players who can capitalise on that kind of approach. Thinking about it, that probably seems the least worst option. And Ladapo being on the bench represents a once in a lifetime opportunity for him, and that might just drag a few acceptable performances from him.

The above isn't ideal of course (to say the least), but given we appeared not to pursue the one free agent who might have actually made a difference to us, it's probably less bad than bringing someone in who is finished and unfit just because they were once a striker. If we were going to bring someone in though, I'd take Cole over Lambert simply because he is more likely to be fit.

I agree with all that. Sako is a better option than an unfit journeyman, and the best option currently available to us. He has a golden opportunity to make amends for 2 years of questionable attitude/injury woes (delete according to your chosen belief, minus the hard facts).

If he can lead the line, hold it up a bit and provide even a semblance of a threat then he has done a job. Goals would be a bonus. And if he doesn't, we can ship him out in the summer. He is playing for his future, which should benefit us, if he has still 'got it'.

READING EAGLE
28-09-2017, 09:57 AM
we need some backup if sako get injured

Thanet Eagle
28-09-2017, 09:58 AM
We’re going after the wrong Cole what’s Andy up to these days

Would be better off with Nat King.

Palace Dan
28-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Or George?

Icy
28-09-2017, 10:05 AM

Besides money, points and self respect you mean?..

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 10:05 AM

What if he doesn't? What if the sun comes up tomorrow?

davech
28-09-2017, 10:07 AM

Another half a million quid?
Another small bit of the smidgeon of dignity we have left?
Another 2-3 matches without a remotely match fit striker at this level?

Offset by the £100 in extra shirt sales, half of which will go the the player in "Image Rights"?

mean
28-09-2017, 10:08 AM

If? When surely?

Owngoal
28-09-2017, 10:11 AM
He is due a goal then?:supergrin:

From memory one of our greats, Calvin, finally scored when the ball rebounded off his arse? Carlton probably has a huge arse by now

Jim Cannon

When he gets injured, not if

Jim Cannon
If? When surely?

Beat me to it

TWELLSEagle
28-09-2017, 10:45 AM
As opposed to what?

Hi Carlton, look this is awkward but we really don't want anyone to notice you. Could you use the back entrance and pretend to be benteke? It's ok to call yourself a palace player, just not in public as we don't want you. Thanks

I dunno, as opposed to signing a decent striker in the window? As opposed to giving out kids a chance? We like to put on a professional, media savvy front but our summer can be summed up as wholly unprofessional and embarrassing for all concerned.

RisZero
28-09-2017, 10:55 AM
May as well play Sako there as shooting is the only bloody thing he can do

Lombardo's hair
28-09-2017, 11:02 AM
When he gets injured, not if

Yeah and what if the moon don't rise......

cdm61
28-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Just so embarrassing

Lombardo's hair
28-09-2017, 11:07 AM
I would either play Sako or one of the kids. In fact I'd love us to blood one of the kids. You never know. Could be our Rashford moment. Only problem is I can't remember a couple of their names. The one that played v Burnley or keshi or ladapo. If they don't score then no change but maybe just maybe the unknown more mobile alternative may catch out opposition. Sick if us signing past it injury prone stop gaps.

kark
28-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Play Sako or Ladapo ffs, let's take our relegation with some dignity

bigend1
28-09-2017, 11:11 AM
I dunno, as opposed to signing a decent striker in the window? As opposed to giving out kids a chance? We like to put on a professional, media savvy front but our summer can be summed up as wholly unprofessional and embarrassing for all concerned.

I haven't argued with that. You were slamming the club for welcoming the player. Sounded like you'd rather they boo while he signs the contract

As the noises come out about the players FRANK turned down and didn't accept Campbell extending its more and more pointing to the gargantuan **** up that was appointing him. Slagging the club for firefighting is a bit pointless.

We are where we are, the blame shit should be over as the mistake was simply appointing frank. The rest is the fallout not a new mistake, just limited and mainly poor options

Zulu84
28-09-2017, 11:12 AM
Would rather start a game with ten men than have to deal with the amount of s++t I would get from my mates if we actually signed Cole...

TWELLSEagle
28-09-2017, 11:14 AM
I haven't argued with that. You were slamming the club for welcoming the player. Sounded like you'd rather they boo while he signs the contract

As the noises come out about the players FRANK turned down and didn't accept Campbell extending its more and more pointing to the gargantuan **** up that was appointing him. Slagging the club for firefighting is a bit pointless.

We are where we are, the blame shit should be over as the mistake was simply appointing frank. The rest is the fallout not a new mistake, just limited and mainly poor options

I wasn't slamming the club you drama queen, I was poking fun at the media bollocks.

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 11:14 AM
Wayne Hennessey in goal and Carlton Cole up front?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/98/af/6f/98af6f3ae514da1f3c1b82a951dc051f.jpg

bigend1
28-09-2017, 11:20 AM
I wasn't slamming the club you drama queen, I was poking fun at the media bollocks.

Poking fun got lost in a world of moaning then. I'll edit with something appropriate

st albans
28-09-2017, 11:22 AM
surely this isn't a serious option is it??

Martin H
28-09-2017, 11:22 AM
As per post on other thread. If we didn't sign a player in the summer 'just for the sake of it' - WTF would this be then?

Honestly if we actually sign Carlton Cole I would think that Parish, Doog, Roy and Ray would have to have been in a room smoking something 'special' because there could be no other reason surely? i.e can't happen

TWELLSEagle
28-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Poking fun got lost in a world of moaning then. I'll edit with something appropriate

If I can't take some morbid humour in all this I think I will go mad

cpfc4evandeva
28-09-2017, 11:25 AM

If. We don't need to worry about ifs.

What if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow?

bigend1
28-09-2017, 11:30 AM
If I can't take some morbid humour in all this I think I will go mad

I actually couldn't agree more. I'm just expecting ppl to tell Carlton to **** off befores he's kicked a ball and regardless of where we are that stuff grips my shit so wrongly assumed

Gathers54
28-09-2017, 11:31 AM
I just have to laugh, this is beyond comical

Kidofwonder
28-09-2017, 11:33 AM
why not at this point?

davematt
28-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Even funnier that its taking us a while to get a unwanted free agent up till we came knocking over the line :D

Jim Cannon
28-09-2017, 11:34 AM
I actually couldn't agree more. I'm just expecting ppl to tell Carlton to **** off befores he's kicked a ball and regardless of where we are that stuff grips my shit so wrongly assumed

To be fair be only needs to manage one to lead our scoring charts, so here's hoping he can achieve the feat no one else has

bigend1
28-09-2017, 11:36 AM
To be fair be only needs to manage one to lead our scoring charts, so here's hoping he can achieve the feat no one else has

Oh for a goal

In Portugal now and expecting to be surrounded by Utd fans on Saturday watching the game. I might cry if we score, I've forgotten how to react!

Martin H
28-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Oh for a goal

In Portugal now and expecting to be surrounded by Utd fans on Saturday watching the game. I might cry if we score, I've forgotten how to react!

I wouldn't take the Kleenex with you. :(

elgin eagle
28-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Even funnier that its taking us a while to get a unwanted free agent up till we came knocking over the line :D

He's weighing up other offers from the launderette and the bookies.

Son of Ron
28-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Having never seen him play or even heard of him before today I'd rather sign Ruud Boymans than Carlton Cole.

Jim Cannon
28-09-2017, 11:57 AM
He's weighing up other offers from the launderette and the bookies.

Signs for Brighton page 23

Disco
28-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Whats ashley paul robinson upto these days?
Heard he's working for a cleaning firm. He's on dusting

pardew's shorts
28-09-2017, 12:00 PM
People get very embarrassed these days.

And just wanted to check, are we now totally believing things from the Mirror? Because we weren't when it ran a story that was vaguely in Parish's favour the other week.

I get terribly confused.

Jim Cannon
28-09-2017, 12:03 PM
People get very embarrassed these days.

And just wanted to check, are we now totally believing things from the Mirror? Because we weren't when it ran a story that was vaguely in Parish's favour the other week.

I get terribly confused.

When the window is closed and we have no striker we at least want to believe the club might do something about it. Probably made up garbage but gives us something to talk about

bigend1
28-09-2017, 12:11 PM

I'd need a whole box if we actually won...

For tears you dirty minded people

mushroom
28-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Can’t believe we’re replacing our non scoring centre forward with Carlton Cole.

Lombardo's hair
28-09-2017, 12:27 PM

Some of the women are nice.... .

Lombardo's hair
28-09-2017, 12:28 PM

Like for like........unless he managed an own goal

jobiinthelastmi
28-09-2017, 12:29 PM

On that basis it can't be any worse!?

Daddy Long
Or George?

The world is your lobster

Jimmy Eagle

Our pride?

aj4england
28-09-2017, 12:30 PM
Even this, had space in our 25 for weeks, if we were going to end up with Carlton Cole, why not 2/3 weeks ago?

rambo1
28-09-2017, 12:42 PM
Just so embarrassing

The Closure of the Loan window,to the Football League,Last Season.
Caused this,Hence,we Left a Space for Mathieu Flamini,Last Season & Released,Kleton Perntreou,
this to keep a Space,in 25,for a Free-agent
Next Season,when window Closes Earlier,we should be able to off-load,the Un-wanted,after the Closure of the window.
Making things Easier.

pallet
28-09-2017, 12:43 PM
OK so your bottom of the league, have not not won a league game or scored a league goal, just when you think it cant get worst your centre forward gets injured. Your desperate, worried about how your going to get out of this mess, then your Chariman says he is going to sign Cartlon Cole for you. After you have stopped pissing yourself laughing you realise he might actually be serious.
Maybe retirement isnt so bad after all?

beef
28-09-2017, 12:51 PM
People get very embarrassed these days

It's odd isn't it? Maybe it has something to do with social media with all those Palace experts now out there.

I couldn't care less what other fans/clubs think of us. They will never know what being a Palace fan is about.

I've had Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool fans trying to take the piss so far this season. They sound like all of their Palace knowledge comes from Alan Shearer.

Zulu84
28-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Wonder what odds I can get on Cole being our lead scorer this season..

davech
28-09-2017, 01:05 PM
It's odd isn't it? Maybe it has something to do with social media with all those Palace experts now out there.

I couldn't care less what other fans/clubs think of us. They will never know what being a Palace fan is about.

I've had Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool fans trying to take the piss so far this season. They sound like all of their Palace knowledge comes from Alan Shearer.

Or even the other font of all knowledge, Alan "I'm a shit manager but I will write a newspaper column about it" Pardew?

cpfcfan1
28-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Signing him for the meltdown would be funny enough

beef
28-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Or even the other font of all knowledge, Alan "I'm a shit manager but I will write a newspaper column about it" Pardew?

I actually don't mind him as a pundit until I remember what a mess he left us in!

It's easy to be a polished presenter - just look at Alan Shearer's head.

elgin eagle
28-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Signing him for the meltdown would be funny enough

One minute he's in Aldi, the next he's scoring for his local club at Old Trafford.

OK I made the last bit up.

Zulu84
28-09-2017, 01:29 PM
I actually don't mind him as a pundit until I remember what a mess he left us in!

It's easy to be a polished presenter - just look at Alan Shearer's head.

Yea, Pardew isn't stupid he just had no attention to detail whatsoever...being a pundit is a good place for him.

beef
28-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Gary Neville seemed like a genius until you put him in the dugout

Crystal Glitter
28-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Option 1: sign Carlton Cole
Option 2: have a nice cold bath of piss

Tough choice, but I'm leaning towards option 2.

davech
28-09-2017, 01:50 PM
Back to the topic: Carlton Cole - no thanks. I would be tempted to try the youngsters, as other posters have said, other clubs unearth a diamond, why not us?

The flipside is though that there are too many around who would expect miracles and be on their backs at the drop of a hat. It is one thing to introduce a youngster into a winning side, quite another to expect them to dig a struggling one out of an abyss. It could destroy them.

On balance, we need a free agent short term at least, but that should not stop us from introducing the youngsters off the bench. Better options must be explored for January (start NOW, ffs), for when Connor breaks down again after three games, but I hope there is better out there than Carlton Cole.

Sceagle
28-09-2017, 02:24 PM
He's not signing

Jim Cannon
28-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Knowing us, about 50K plus a week:D

cpfcfan1
28-09-2017, 02:33 PM
He's not signing
Sauce

elgin eagle
28-09-2017, 02:34 PM
He's not signing

Is anyone?

JHJ EAGLE
28-09-2017, 02:43 PM
He's not signing

You're a bright ray of positivity!

beef
28-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Source: Ricki Lambert

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Lucky bastards.

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Option 1: sign Carlton Cole
Option 2: have a nice cold bath of piss

Tough choice, but I'm leaning towards option 2.

Not sure which i'd rather, a cold bath of piss, or a warm one. Think i'd go with the former.

Penstone Eagle
28-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Knowing us, about 50K plus a week:D

Wouldn't get hit too hard for goal bonuses though.

Ruskin Old Boy
28-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Guardian has it right - Forget Carlton Cole:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/28/crystal-palace-carlton-cole-striker-shortage-free-agent

Cole's influence was dismissed by the club’s manager as “like playing with 10 men”.

Zulu84
28-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Sauce

Tabasco?

art malice
28-09-2017, 03:46 PM

The Utd fans will have plenty of that to go round

SW11 Andy
28-09-2017, 08:53 PM
We want Whittle !!

tamlamotowner
28-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Is Greavesie doing anything right now?

BECKS66
28-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Besides money, points and self respect you mean?..

The Aquaduct!

NRM the 2nd
28-09-2017, 09:22 PM
Why don't we just pop down to selhurst depot. The southern lot their are pretty decent strikers

bigGcpfc
28-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Just when you thought it can't get any worse. We pull one out of the hat. Is this supposed to bring a smile to our faces after our poor suffering ?

Sick Bucket
28-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Just when you thought it can't get any worse. We pull one out of the hat. Is this supposed to bring a smile to our faces after our poor suffering ?

:supergrin:

Yeah you couldn't make it up could you?

Whatever next...

the drexciyan
28-09-2017, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty Marco Gabbiadini has unfinished business with us. Dig him up!

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Third spell for Shipps for me.

jimmy the gent
28-09-2017, 10:17 PM

gold76
29-09-2017, 07:48 AM

For me its akin to when we were linked with Carl Leaburn about 25 years ago, the old if Leaburn signs, I'm not going!

Possibly the biggest misfit, was Akinbiyi, Gareth Taylor runs him close

Cole a Croydon lad, sounds like one we missed out on when he was originally a prospect

Terrace Bickle
29-09-2017, 07:51 AM

He could tie up two centre backs by sitting on them.

thereichstuff
29-09-2017, 08:54 AM
He could tie up two centre backs by sitting on them.

Sit on the goalie .

audreytatou
29-09-2017, 11:53 PM
is Clinton still playing??

HRP
01-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Carlton is on goals on Sunday today

Big Gav
01-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Says he hasn't heard anything from us

Terrace Bickle
01-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Let's keep it that way.

Kai
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM

Thank goodness. Ladapo is probably the better of the two anyway

cpfcfan1
04-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Let's go get him.

Worksop Palace
04-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Let's go get him.

Er, let's not

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Er, let's not

Lol

4 cryingOutloud
04-10-2017, 10:42 PM
I honestly can't understand why we would want to bring in one of these old farts who's on the scrap heap already (Free Agent). There's a very good reason they're in the position they are, so why should we be foolish enough to give a lucrative last contract to a yesterday player that nobody else wants? We might as well use one of our youngster's, after all, at least they can run and wont be expecting a fortune every week in their pay packet.

JamTheEagle
05-10-2017, 09:19 AM
I honestly can't understand why we would want to bring in one of these old farts who's on the scrap heap already (Free Agent). There's a very good reason they're in the position they are, so why should we be foolish enough to give a lucrative last contract to a yesterday player that nobody else wants? We might as well use one of our youngster's, after all, at least they can run and wont be expecting a fortune every week in their pay packet.

That's common sense though, something we haven't shown consistently in about 3-4 seasons.

Eagle96
05-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Would rather we gave Ladapo a chance with Sako as backup, which probably says more about Cole than anything else.

Kirby
05-10-2017, 09:58 AM
None of these freebie strikers are going to be any better than Sako/Loftus-Cheek up front so we may as well try and get a goalkeeper who doesn't have actual fish hands.

RisZero
05-10-2017, 02:13 PM
I guess my concern is I dont think any of the free options will score and they will all eat up wages we are likely going to need in January

Richwak
06-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Diabate... is completely obvious!