PDA

View Full Version : Pubs for: Newcastle

Palace Dan
28-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Aiming for an ale after in crown posada. Super old pub down near quay.

Thin on Top
28-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Anyone who enjoys their gin, there's a great bar in the centre called Pleased to Meet You.

Has about 60 gins on selection.

It helps if you're on a corporate do as I was two years ago. Couldn't walk straight from the taxi to the ground.

Kirby
28-09-2017, 10:25 AM

May check it out. We're staying on the Quayside for the whole weekend.

thehound
28-09-2017, 11:53 AM
I went to a micro brewery pub in Newcastle a couple of years ago overlooking the Tyne. Will try and find out the name.

HOVE EAGLE
28-09-2017, 12:06 PM
The bodega on west gate road
Short walk to ground

Kirby
15-10-2017, 08:56 PM
For anyone hoping to revisit the legendary 'Sam Jacks', unfortunately it closed down back in March.

If anyone knows of anywhere remotely similar please post it on here. Gutted it's gone! :sob:

JannerEagle
15-10-2017, 09:42 PM
May check it out. We're staying on the Quayside for the whole weekend.
Great pub but VERY small!

ProudandPalace
16-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Too many good pubs! Too much choice!

Fedora69
16-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Lovely boozer. As pubs used to be, without the spittoons.

Palace Dan
16-10-2017, 03:58 PM

Although I have yet to see the film - does it have a connection with Michael Caine in 'Get Carter'??

tsunamiman
16-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Anyone wanting food before I can highly recommend the fat hippo.

http://www.fathippo.co.uk/

Nigel_Scarfer
16-10-2017, 04:04 PM
The fat hippo is also what will be wandering round the streets of Newcastle at about 3.00 in the morning in a micro skirt with a large chips and donner meat.

Johnnieboy
16-10-2017, 04:06 PM

They have a record player (singular - excuse the pun) and you can sift through and ask the barman to play one of the records they have.

I specifically differentiate that from a DJ playing requests

Johnnieboy
16-10-2017, 04:08 PM
The fat hippo is also what will be wandering round the streets of Newcastle at about 3.00 in the morning in a micro skirt with a large chips and donner meat.

And a packet of tabs. Never forget the packet of tabs ;-)

Fedora69
16-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Although I have yet to see the film - does it have a connection with Michael Caine in 'Get Carter'??

Unfortunately the pub in Get Carter is an O'Neills bar now but at least it is still
standing. For those that don't know but care it is just outside the railway station.

Ooh Betty
16-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately the pub in Get Carter is an O'Neills bar now but at least it is still
standing. For those that don't know but care it is just outside the railway station.

It hasn't been an O'Neils for ages.

It's the Victoria Comet.

cantspell
16-10-2017, 05:14 PM
I went to bodega last time and was made to feel very welcome by the locals

cod
16-10-2017, 06:00 PM
I went to a micro brewery pub in Newcastle a couple of years ago overlooking the Tyne. Will try and find out the name.

The Split Chimp?
Arch 7 Westgate Road
http://www.splitchimp.pub/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh53sc2z8j...58.49.jpg?dl=0
It has moved location since we last visited but no reason to suspect the beer options are worse.

Fedora69
16-10-2017, 06:12 PM
It hasn't been an O'Neils for ages.

It's the Victoria Comet.

looks better boozer for sure.

charltonhater
16-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Are there any pubs which may sell Ale 'southern style" i.e wiithout the enormous head the sparklers create?
If not I'll stick to bottles up there.

CPFC_Fan
16-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Are there any pubs which may sell Ale 'southern style" i.e wiithout the enormous head the sparklers create?

Pleased to meet you is a good choice. I'll be heading up there after I pop into guitar guitar for a browse.

Ooh Betty
16-10-2017, 09:32 PM

????
All of them.

Penshaw Eagle
18-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Try Newcastle Tap near Central Station
http://tapnewcastle.com/beer-list/
hope there is something there for you there to enjoy

mikethetie2010
18-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Heading out to funchal madeira satudarday. Are there any decent sports bars where i might get the game

Big Fella
18-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Great pub but VERY small!

Sounds perfect for you lot then ;)

HurstpierPalace
18-10-2017, 12:58 PM
What's the general concensus? Heading up there for the first time this weekend and making a full weekend of it so looking for the traditional 'away fans' pub'.

Mad Raschic Ken
18-10-2017, 01:40 PM
What's the general concensus? Heading up there for the first time this weekend and making a full weekend of it so looking for the traditional 'away fans' pub'.

Not sure whether there is a traditional away pub, but we usually go to the Old George Inn. Usually a mixture of Newcastle and Palace in there before and after the game. It's a decent pub and has the live games on TV too. Shiraz across the road for a curry afterwards.

JannerEagle
18-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Sounds perfect for you lot then ;)

Not given the size of our leader!

eagle mart
18-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Arkenside -> Buffalo Joes, followed by Baja Beach club.

If it was 2004.

Mad Raschic Ken
18-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Arkenside -> Buffalo Joes, followed by Baja Beach club.

If it was 2004.

Had a cracking night in Buffalo Joe's a few years back. Some ginger Palace fan was successfully pulling a girl on a hen do by pretending to be Ben Watson!

eagle mart
18-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Had a cracking night in Buffalo Joe's a few years back. Some ginger Palace fan was successfully pulling a girl on a hen do by pretending to be Ben Watson!

Tuxedo Princess. Revolving dance floor.

Johnnieboy
18-10-2017, 02:12 PM

Maybe she thought he was actually Prince Harry trying to keep a low profile

Mad Raschic Ken
18-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Tuxedo Princess. Revolving dance floor.

That was an earlier trip for me. The one where we got relegated.

Bubble Wrap
18-10-2017, 02:40 PM

Everytime i have been generally fill the pub opposite the Station.
Its a dive but cheap enough and i have never seen any trouble.
Saturday night the whole town fills up with women, the blokes drink in the day and go football then go home, Wives come out and are a sight to behold.
Love it there. Staying in a hotel a bit further out this time as am meeting a Geordie bird i have met a few times since meeting her at ou last away game up there. She is very friendly.:)

Gizmo
20-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Anyone in Singapore or know of any pubs showing Newcastle game pls. Think the Penny Black might but just in case. Thanks

FourtyTwo
20-10-2017, 12:55 PM
For any train beers for the return journey CentrAle has opened up "in the heart of Newcastle Central station", and looks to have a good selection of beers.

HurstpierPalace
20-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Everytime i have been generally fill the pub opposite the Station.
Its a dive but cheap enough and i have never seen any trouble.
Saturday night the whole town fills up with women, the blokes drink in the day and go football then go home, Wives come out and are a sight to behold.
Love it there. Staying in a hotel a bit further out this time as am meeting a Geordie bird i have met a few times since meeting her at ou last away game up there. She is very friendly.:)

Sounds good. I'm up here with my bird and her mates though so I'll be meeting no friendly geordie girls.
:frown:

aj4england
21-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Anyone know of any pubs showing the game today?

Gizmo
21-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Off to the Penny Black Singapore they are showing the game

Mick
22-10-2017, 03:01 PM
For any train beers for the return journey CentrAle has opened up "in the heart of Newcastle Central station", and looks to have a good selection of beers.

Thanks for that info. We did stock up on a few for our return journey this morning, and it was just as well as following a hold up at York due to a 'police incident' , they stopped serving alcohol on the train.

Kirby
25-10-2017, 09:49 AM
City Vaults was fun.