PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference Live: Pre-Man Utd Friday 12:30pm

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Should be starting any moment.

Although no mention on the official site.

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Loftus-Cheek out with a thigh strain and Tomkins ill.

Shipp Ahoy!
29-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Well we are stuffed then.

No Benteke and no Loftus-Cheek...

Bring on the Sako - Mutch dream team!

29-09-2017, 11:38 AM

Just gets better and better :(

Mr Palace
29-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Unbelievable.

Shipp Ahoy!
29-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Henno

Ward/Kelly - Dann - Sakho - PVA/Schlupp

Reideweld - Luka

Townsend - Cabaye - PVA/Schlupp

Sako/McArthur

wawman_15
We just don't have our s*** together do we

bradpitt
Wow

bubbs11
29-09-2017, 11:41 AM

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_32981820f.gif (https://gifyu.com/image/MqDP)

St.AlbansEagle
29-09-2017, 11:42 AM
And before anyone says it, its not had luck, its bad planning.

This is rapidly becoming laughable...

switchboard
Good, it takes even more pressure off needing anything from this game. Get a couple of the skillful kids on the wing and see what they can do.

AJ
Oh dear...we have been unlucky with injuries for the past couple of years.

exiledeagle

Was bit concerned when he wasn`t shown on Palace website training . I had heard he always gets niggles - good as he is if he isn't going to play regular then a bit of a waste . Tomkins - words fail me .

Danny boy
29-09-2017, 11:44 AM
We might look more solid with Riedewald in midfield with Luka.

Spindle
29-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Oh ffs

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 11:45 AM
"We're working hard not to let Man Utd beat us 5-0, but that doesn't mean they can't do it"

macstar
29-09-2017, 11:45 AM
thatll mean Puncheon playing then :-(

Owngoal
29-09-2017, 11:46 AM
Oh dear...we have been unlucky with injuries for the past couple of years.

RLC does seem a bit injury prone but we knew from the start that Tomkins would miss too many games - can't build a team around players like that. RLC was our main hope of anything tomorrow.

Scifo

Benteke was bad planning this is bad luck. We have other players that can play in RLC & Tomkins positions, they just aren't as good.

Danny boy

He deserves sacking if he plays Puncheon over Riedewald.

sunshine lucas
29-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Tomkins is such a delicate lamb...

Owngoal
29-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Always a bright side. Perhaps he can do a dump in front of the HFs to get them to cheer him on as he is such a favourite. Look forward to lots of finger pointing and failure to get a shot on target.

exiledeagle
29-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Tomkins is such a delicate lamb...

And people constantly moan about Ward , give me him over Tomkins any day

bradpitt
29-09-2017, 11:51 AM
I’m not even going to bother getting arsed with the latest injury woes, they’re all so predicatable.

Ian Hart
29-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Possibly a perfect chance to give Lumeka more minutes from the bench. Nothing to lose, and it would be great experience for him.

His recent U23 performances merit the opportunity

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 11:53 AM
Looks like Sako will play up front.

Roy: "We were satisfied with his performance against Huddersfield"

macstar
29-09-2017, 11:55 AM
I’m not even going to bother getting arsed with the latest injury woes, they’re all so predicatable.

like you , im expecting to hear the Zaha has aggravated his injury in training.

eagles #1
29-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Hennessey's still alive then?

**** sake :(

art malice
Loftus-Cheek should be back in time to be ineligible.

cpfcfan1
**** all creativity tomorrow then.

art malice
29-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Probably picked up a few injuries doing the squad photo

eagles #1
29-09-2017, 11:58 AM
**** all creativity tomorrow then.

:D Yea, we're really going to miss all that creativity we've had for the past 6 games.

jaspercpfc

hdeagle will be along shortly to bemoan the sickness in the squad, which is as a result of the stress caused by the standard of poor refereeing, which weakens the playing staff's immune systems.

exiledeagle
Loftus-Cheek should be back in time to be ineligible.

Another Remy ? hope not

EddieEdwards
29-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Summary from club Twitter feed - bottom up...

That is all from the broadcast section, the conference will be shown in full later this afternoon at http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk

RH: Bakary is a powerful player but doesn't have much experience of playing as a striker but I have seen what he is capable of doing

RH: We will go to Old Trafford with a belief that we can get a result and I know this group will have the confidence for sure.

RH: Freddie Ladapo has been training with the group whilst I have been here. He is in the frame for a place in our situation.

RH: There could be more pain ahead but we wont be fazed as we work on our task that we have ahead of us as a group.

RH: United have a very strong squad but we will be looking to give them a good game and hope for any good luck that is around.

RH: Team News: Benteke, Loftus-Cheek, Tomkins all missing for this weekend

Roy Hodgson is here to preview #MUNCRY - Full press conference will be on http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk soon!

Whoru
29-09-2017, 12:00 PM
I wander what price og to be our leading goalscorer this season?

Stellavista
29-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Normally I'd watch this on an iffy stream, but I just can't be bothered any more. Can't think of a time when my interest in a season vapourised before the end of September.

Maidstoned Eagle
29-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Another Remy ? hope not

He hasn't played regular foot ball for a while, inevitable he will get these strains...annoying as they are. And to compare him to Remy is farcical.

eagles #1
29-09-2017, 12:02 PM

That is all from the broadcast section, the conference will be shown in full later this afternoon at http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk

RH: Bakary is a powerful player but doesn't have much experience of playing as a striker but I have seen what he is capable of doing

RH: We will go to Old Trafford with a belief that we can get a result and I know this group will have the confidence for sure.

RH: Freddie Ladapo has been training with the group whilst I have been here. He is in the frame for a place in our situation.

RH: There could be more pain ahead but we wont be fazed as we work on our task that we have ahead of us as a group.

RH: United have a very strong squad but we will be looking to give them a good game and hope for any good luck that is around.

Roy Hodgson is here to preview #MUNCRY - Full press conference will be on http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk soon!

Shortest press conference ever? Did Roy fall asleep?

JackTheBiscuit
29-09-2017, 12:02 PM

RH: Bakary is a powerful player but doesn't have much experience of playing as a striker but I have seen what he is capable of doing in the canteen

Owngoal
29-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Hennessey's still alive then?

**** sake :(

Yeah, he's the kind of shit who plays when injured because he doesn't care about the team or supporters like you

EagleSE24
29-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Good summary of the press conference from Jim Daly.
http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/roy-hodgson-press-conference-live-13691325

Latvian Eagle
29-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Yeah, he's the kind of shit who plays when injured because he doesn't care about the team or supporters like you

Plays when injured... You mean like those two or three times he has missed games due to a "bad back"? :rolleyes:

brighton_eagle
29-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Normally I'd watch this on an iffy stream, but I just can't be bothered any more. Can't think of a time when my interest in a season vapourised before the end of September.

I'll be watching online, as usual with away games. And I can't help but have hope before any match kicks off. I fully expect to have that crushed and be even more depressed by about 3:15pm Saturday.

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Henno

Reideweld - Luka

Sako/McArthur

You can only laugh at how shit that team is, yet is about as good as we can manage.

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 12:12 PM
This squad is bursting with talent!!!

BillyTKid
29-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Sako 28/1 first goal.

art malice
29-09-2017, 12:14 PM
I'll be watching online, as usual with away games. And I can't help but have hope before any match kicks off. I fully expect to have that crushed and be even more depressed by about 3:15pm Saturday.

Love your optimism

16eagles
Sako 28/1 first goal.

Where is this? And where the **** is RLC?

eagles #1

Haha! I caught an Owngoal fish.

He's shit and you know it.

Braders
29-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Wow. Just wow.

:D

brighton_eagle
29-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Let's just play without a striker and two keepers. We can do that right?

Jules Hen
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Andros Luka Jairo Jimmy Cabaye

brighton_eagle
Love your optimism

I remain optimistic at 1 or even 2 down. :D

jimmy the gent
Possibly a perfect chance to give Lumeka more minutes from the bench. Nothing to lose, and it would be great experience for him.

In the Neitschean sense of what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i suppose.

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 12:17 PM
I remain optimistic at 1 or even 2 down. :D

How do you feel about 4-0 going into the break?

Martin H
I wander what price og to be our leading goalscorer this season?

Six games in and Palace have scored more goals for our opponents than we have scored for ourselves. Is that a first? Has to be surely. Tsk, another record for Palace:D

JackTheBiscuit
Shit we must be at the point where Mutch is back on the bench due to sheer lack of numbers

brighton_eagle
29-09-2017, 12:19 PM
How do you feel about 4-0 going into the break?

I did say by 3:15. By 3:45 I'll be crushed. Again.

Golf Boy
29-09-2017, 12:21 PM
The only positive thing i was looking forward to, was seeing RLC play up front. FFS.

We will win, of course.

Sharkba1t
29-09-2017, 12:28 PM
I was feeling vaguely optimistic when i heard about Man U's injuries until i heard ours.

Palace really know how to crush your hopes.

Stellavista
29-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Roy must be in the safest managerial job in the country. He can't be blamed for this shitfest, and nobody with an ounce of sanity would want it. What the f*ck have you done, Parish?

BillyTKid
29-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Bet365

Thin on Top
29-09-2017, 12:31 PM
How on fking earth did it get this bad ?

Green Bin
29-09-2017, 12:32 PM
He deserves sacking if he plays Puncheon over Riedewald.

He's only got two more games left before we all call for his head.. performance against Southampton was woeful and we fell apart against Man City. Goals conceded even worse than FdB and chances created less as well, yet he's inherited virtually the same team from Big Sam as FdB did. Tactic's and team selection all over the place, how can you drop Puncheon FFS

....I'm sort of joking of course!

Mr Palace
29-09-2017, 12:40 PM
This is awful bad luck combined with the inept planning we already know about.

This is why I get frustrated when some on here say we have a great first XI. I doubt there will ever be a time when we field that team for more than a game or two at best. We seem to consistently pick up niggling injuries and we're also being hit with some big impact ones. We can't cope with 5-6 players out, especially of the quality of attacking player we have missing.

I think it has to be about damage limitation tomorrow. Luka, Riedewald and Cabaye in central midfield with Schlupp and Townsend in support of Sako.

Our resources really are threadbare sadly. Just got to hope that we keep it competitive like we did for the first 44 minutes last week and build from here. Must avoid an early goal against us.

Heath eagle
29-09-2017, 12:43 PM

Yep pretty much just given up with whole absolute farce tbh

Heath eagle
29-09-2017, 12:45 PM

I don't think anyone connected to the club can be arsed anymore

Lombardo's hair
29-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Maybe we are getting all our bad luck out of the way early. We usually have a bad spell mid way through season. Then again we may be well and truly f*****

Terrace Bickle
29-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Maybe Roy could pimp the squad out in Manchester on Friday night and stuff the proceeds in the ref's pocket a la Ferguson's 'joke' at the cup final.

FMH57
29-09-2017, 12:54 PM
He hasn't played regular foot ball for a while, inevitable he will get these strains...annoying as they are

In that case, Sakho must be odds on to get a "strain" against either Man U or Chelsea putting him out of Newcastle and West Ham fixtures.

FMH57
29-09-2017, 12:56 PM
And people constantly moan about Ward , give me him over Tomkins any day

Only £9.6 million difference in the cost of Tomkins and Ward as well.

TheCharmer1
29-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Surprising there were no questions about zaha's availability?

Windsor_Eagle
29-09-2017, 01:10 PM

How is it not bad luck?

Benteke getting injured = very bad planning. RLC and Tomkins are in the most covered areas of the team and so it is far from 'bad planning'.

Anyway - Man U and Chelsea have to be viewed as 'free hits' where anything out of either game is a bonus. Rather have a fully fit squad for the games where getting something is much more achievable.

jaspercpfc
29-09-2017, 01:11 PM
My hunch is Loftus Cheek hasn't fully recovered from his earlier injury and because he's missing ineligible to play at Chelsea in a fortnight coupled with the international break he now has 3 weeks full recovery to bring him up to speed. In essence he could be our key player alongside Wilf once he's back.
People bemoan our bad luck, injuries are part and parcel it just so happens we've lost all our top players and our inept preparation has caught up with us. We are getting everything we deserve at the moment.

Martin H
29-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Zaha, Benteke, Loftus-Cheek, Timbo. For me probably our 4 of our 6 best players all out of the ManU match plus Tomkins and Wickham. Sheesh it's good here isn't it.

Windsor_Eagle
29-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Good summary of the press conference from Jim Daly.
http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/roy-hodgson-press-conference-live-13691325

Thanks - that was a good press conference. Roy talks a lot of sense and provides some perspective in his answers that I think we could all benefit from.

Maidstoned Eagle
29-09-2017, 01:21 PM
In that case, Sakho must be odds on to get a "strain" against either Man U or Chelsea putting him out of Newcastle and West Ham fixtures.

Yep.

Celestial Empire
29-09-2017, 01:22 PM
I was feeling vaguely optimistic when i heard about Man U's injuries until i heard ours.

Palace really know how to crush your hopes.

To hear Mourinho and Guardiola whining on about their "injury lists" is indeed a tough burden to bear.:rolleyes:

Celestial Empire
29-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Roy must be in the safest managerial job in the country. He can't be blamed for this shitfest, and nobody with an ounce of sanity would want it. What the f*ck have you done, Parish?

I have to say, I am impressed with Mr Hodgson's fortitude, faced with this situation. He appears to be gritting his teeth and sticking with his routines, and deserves a major change in fortune pretty soon. Good on him, I say.
Perhaps we should stop with the endless snide jokes about his age ....

chrisophiex
29-09-2017, 01:34 PM
My hunch is Loftus Cheek hasn't fully recovered from his earlier injury and because he's missing ineligible to play at Chelsea in a fortnight coupled with the international break he now has 3 weeks full recovery to bring him up to speed. In essence he could be our key player alongside Wilf once he's back.
People bemoan our bad luck, injuries are part and parcel it just so happens we've lost all our top players and our inept preparation has caught up with us. We are getting everything we deserve at the moment.

Makes perfect sense. Get the niggles out of the key players so they are fresh after the international break.

I wouldn't risk Wilf in the next two even if he thinks he's fit. I hope Sakho doesn't pick up anything in the next two (apart from the match ball, obviously).

Hector
29-09-2017, 01:35 PM

Knees are bad, it's not his fault.

Lombardo's hair
29-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Makes perfect sense. Get the niggles out of the key players so they are fresh after the international break.

I wouldn't risk Wilf in the next two even if he thinks he's fit. I hope Sakho doesn't pick up anything in the next two (apart from the match ball, obviously).

Not while the games on!!!
We are 20/1 tomorrow with bet365 and unbreliebky only 1000/1 to win PL.

ct_
29-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Surprising there were no questions about zaha's availability?

As per Jim Daly's summary:

Wilf’s injury is similar to Christian’s. It’s taken him six weeks to get back to training. We’re hoping next Monday he will be with us and we can use him.

Too early for tomorrow.

Jordan's Jacket
29-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Oh dear. Happy with a single figures loss on Saturday. I am always very optimistic......

cockneyrebel
29-09-2017, 01:56 PM
It's getting to comical proportions now. After we stayed up last season I was quite optimistic. Same the season we finished with Pulis.

Even thought I thought FDB was an odd pick, I still thought we might do ok.

Now I just have to laugh. We are at least setting records. Not scoring for six games is some achievement. I mean you wouldn't be able to do that if you tried, you'd normally get a deflection or own goal or just other team taking their foot off the pedal so much that you get one near the end.

Lee sinnots ear
29-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Quite simply this is one continuous sh*t show which can all be traced back to that useless narcissistic twat Pardew. People blame SP but he backed Pardew and just about everything he did in the transfer market is at the root of our problems.
Not good enough in CYL and Mutch, sick notes in Tompkins Sako and Wickham, not wanting to be here in Mandana and continuous questions over Bentekes attitude. Only Cabaye escapes unscathed.
That team tomorrow would be in a relegation struggle in the Championship

How can that tosser have any credibility on SKY????

Eric the Ginga
29-09-2017, 01:59 PM
I think the declaration will come at about 4.10pm That gives them about 40 mins to survive our onslaught with the new ball

Silks&Tekkers
29-09-2017, 02:00 PM

Great Question! I find myself asking it every effing day.

If it was bad enough Palace losing but having him comment on it like he could solve things when he is the initiator of these problems.

cockneyrebel
29-09-2017, 02:03 PM
That's the great thing about Pardew. He doesn't just screw over teams, he leaves a long standing rot that goes on and on. Maybe Sky could get him to do that dance he does at the end of every show. Utter tosser, and one of the worst managers I've ever seen.

We need to go some to beat the record for most ever consecutive losses as Sunderland did 15. I think we have a chance though. Keep the faith.

cockneyrebel
29-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Most consecutive games without scoring is 11. That's the all time record. We must be in with a chance for that.

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 02:10 PM

Well he did a rap at least.

Worksop Palace
29-09-2017, 02:19 PM
All goes back to piss poor management of the squad depth

It really is a shambolic embarrassment that every time we have an injury we barely have a viable alternative to slot in.

Shameful stuff after 4 years in this league.

Worksop Palace
29-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Most consecutive games without scoring is 11. That's the all time record. We must be in with a chance for that.

Oh we'll piss all over that record

Hector
29-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Things are so bad there's no prediction thread anymore:sob:

TheCharmer1
29-09-2017, 02:21 PM
As per Jim Daly's summary:

Wilf’s injury is similar to Christian’s. It’s taken him six weeks to get back to training. We’re hoping next Monday he will be with us and we can use him.

Too early for tomorrow.

Ta, not good

New LP
29-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Quite simply this is one continuous sh*t show which can all be traced back to that useless narcissistic twat Pardew. People blame SP but he backed Pardew and just about everything he did in the transfer market is at the root of our problems.
Not good enough in CYL and Mutch, sick notes in Tompkins Sako and Wickham, not wanting to be here in Mandana and continuous questions over Bentekes attitude. Only Cabaye escapes unscathed.

Surely your first paragraph shows why people blame SP. well that and what's happened since Pardew left.

orp pisshead1
29-09-2017, 02:24 PM

Not any positives to say so might as well keep it short, unless your having a dig at Roy which is uncalled for.

New LP
29-09-2017, 02:24 PM
The RLC injury just about sums up our luck right now.

Not that we deserve any or haven't had our fair share in the past.

brighton_eagle
29-09-2017, 02:29 PM
Oh we'll piss all over that record

No we won't. Cheer up :)

Worksop Palace
29-09-2017, 02:32 PM
No we won't. Cheer up :)

I'm extremely cheerful thanks

GrayP41ace
29-09-2017, 02:33 PM

Not trying to detract from blaming Pardew..... and whilst I agree that's when it stems back to, apart from the 5 months after that window whereby we were 5th before it all fell apart (IMO due to not doing anything to maintain that start in Jan), by all accounts, CYL, Mutch, Sako were all SP 'signings', Wickham was on our radar prior to Pardew even joining, Mandanda wasn't signed by Pardew/Woodman or them even informed (seemingly well versed posters on these boards have confirmed that).

That leaves Benteke, which tbf, was the exact type of striker we needed a year earlier when we sent Murray on loan, and before we signed Wickham.

If Pardew signed and proposed the players we were signing, what the heck was Tim Coe doing exactly?

I'm all for blaming Pardew for loads, but I am not sure player recruitment was all down to him, it seems anyone we bought that fails, is down to him, yet our Head of Recruitment has proposed no-one at all, let alone a failure.

JackTheBiscuit
29-09-2017, 02:34 PM
That's the great thing about Pardew. He doesn't just screw over teams, he leaves a long standing rot that goes on and on. Maybe Sky could get him to do that dance he does at the end of every show. Utter tosser, and one of the worst managers I've ever seen.

:lux:

glayzier
29-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Mr Puncheon...
Round and round and round he goes,
when will it stop nobody knows..

Suprised old Punch dont get dizzy all the circles he does to get it on his one and only foot.

exiledeagle
29-09-2017, 02:51 PM
The RLC injury just about sums up our luck right now.

Not that we deserve any or haven't had our fair share in the past.

RLC has played in 22 Premier League games for Chelsea since his debut in 2014 . He has played in 4 out of 6 for us . I remember some panellist saying RLC is 21 now and should have gone out on loan somewhere a couple of seasons ago as his body is going to take time adjusting to the intensity of Premier League .

exiledeagle
29-09-2017, 02:54 PM
A lot has been made of us having gone 6 games without scoring but as much a worry is that it is also 6 games without a clean sheet . As Allardyce always said ` keep a clean sheet and you will not lose `

Richard
29-09-2017, 03:09 PM
It's getting to comical proportions now. After we stayed up last season I was quite optimistic. Same the season we finished with Pulis.

Now I just have to laugh. We are at least setting records. Not scoring for six games is some achievement. I mean you wouldn't be able to do that if you tried, you'd normally get a deflection or own goal or just other team taking their foot off the pedal so much that you get one near the end.

It's very Palace !

Penstone Eagle
29-09-2017, 03:20 PM

It really is a shambolic embarrassment that every time we have an injury we barely have a viable alternative to slot in.

Spot on. But the usual suspects will 'put you right' no doubt.

sideburns7
29-09-2017, 03:36 PM
https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_32981820f.gif (https://gifyu.com/image/MqDP)

Made me laugh quality

alanlee11
29-09-2017, 03:40 PM
"Doug Freedman" turning over stones to try and find a striker.

exiledeagle
29-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Difficult to see where goals are to come from without Zaha , RLC and no recognised striker . Whatever combination we have in midfield , none have that extra pace or strength to really hurt opposition . Cabaye , Puncheon , McArthur are all neat tidy players but just lack that bit extra to hurt opposition . Maybe Riedewald will be given a chance . Lets hope we can be nice and compact and somehow grind out a result .

stamford triumph
29-09-2017, 03:43 PM
"Doug Freedman" turning over stones to try and find a striker.

need to be massive boulders in our case surely?

scro
29-09-2017, 03:48 PM

You sort of become proud of the record.. I would be strangely dissapointed if we lost 4-1 and score a late consolation. Much better to keep the record going :supergrin:

Also the record is the thing that highlights beyond any doubt whatsoever that the board got the summer recruitment completely wrong. There is no room for hard luck stories in this level of failure. Yup we only have one striker and yup we might need to get over it.. but i bet there is no chance of winging the second half of the season with so few attacking players. Well not unless they are prepared to admit they gave up on staying up in december.

ElwissAtMemphis
29-09-2017, 03:51 PM
"we will be looking to give them a good game and hope for any good luck that is around"

That's really inspirational oratory. Just what you want to hear from your commander when you're about to go over the top.

DocSavage
29-09-2017, 03:55 PM
"we will be looking to give them a good game and hope for any good luck that is around"

That's really inspirational oratory. Just what you want to hear from your commander when you're about to go over the top.

We'll walk this 1 - 0

scro
29-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Either way you are still getting mowed down.

CPFC.1990
29-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Henno

Reideweld - Luka

Sako/McArthur

Would finish mid-table in the Champ.

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Would finish mid-table in the Champ.

Add a genuine striker and that's play-offs/promotion in the Championship imo.

If the back four have a good day and whoever's up front works their bollocks off, we could be okay. Midfield's been far worse since we've been promoted. My biggest worry, is if/when we go one down, their heads drop - some of our players have been a bag of nerves since Christmas 2015, and if we stand any chance of staying up this season they need to find some mental strength and resilience.

bigGcpfc
29-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Can I ask the BBS bosses ( those with over 3,000 posts ) if it's ok to feel embarrassed yet?

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Can I ask the BBS bosses ( those with over 3,000 posts ) if it's ok to feel embarrassed yet?

By your own posts?

bigGcpfc
29-09-2017, 04:09 PM
By your own posts?

Bitch

Payroll Legend
29-09-2017, 04:10 PM

Great, that's me!

Do what you like. I couldn't give a shit whether you're embarrassed or not you delicate little flower.

CPFC.1990
29-09-2017, 04:15 PM

That's the problem though, we don't have one.

jimmy the gent
29-09-2017, 04:39 PM

My cup runneth over.

TWELLSEagle
29-09-2017, 04:41 PM

This. And I'm fed up with being told it is what it is, accept it and move on. No chance, it's been sheer negligence and arrogance. Absolutely no strategy or clue, complete ineptitude.

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 04:42 PM
Bitch

:D :p

bigGcpfc
29-09-2017, 04:44 PM
Great, that's me!

Do what you like. I couldn't give a shit whether you're embarrassed or not you delicate little flower.

Oh thanks 👍 I didn't think I could hold it in any longer. Feel so much better now.

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 04:46 PM
My cup runneth over.

Henno

Reideweld - Luka

You don't think that team with a decent striker, let's say Wickham, can get into the top 6 of the Championship? It's a tough league for sure, but that's just being negative for the sake of enjoying it.

That said, 'My cup runneth over' is an entirely new phrase for me and I'm simply interpreting it as best as I can.

Lee sinnots ear
29-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Not trying to detract from blaming Pardew..... and whilst I agree that's when it stems back to, apart from the 5 months after that window whereby we were 5th before it all fell apart (IMO due to not doing anything to maintain that start in Jan), by all accounts, CYL, Mutch, Sako were all SP 'signings', Wickham was on our radar prior to Pardew even joining, Mandanda wasn't signed by Pardew/Woodman or them even informed (seemingly well versed posters on these boards have confirmed that).

That leaves Benteke, which tbf, was the exact type of striker we needed a year earlier when we sent Murray on loan, and before we signed Wickham.

If Pardew signed and proposed the players we were signing, what the heck was Tim Coe doing exactly?

I'm all for blaming Pardew for loads, but I am not sure player recruitment was all down to him, it seems anyone we bought that fails, is down to him, yet our Head of Recruitment has proposed no-one at all, let alone a failure.

A good counter argument do just wtf is Tim Coe? Sounds like my old PE teacher and by the looks of just useless:wallbash:

JDawg
29-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Why is RLC so fragile?

TWELLSEagle
29-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Thank God for Roy. He takes me to my happy place, good honest hap, great coach and loyal. I hope we ask him to stay now, whether we stay up or not. Let him mentor dougie. It's about time we thought longer term.

Stellavista
29-09-2017, 07:00 PM
Henno

Reideweld - Luka

You don't think that team with a decent striker, let's say Wickham, can get into the top 6 of the Championship?

Possibly, but half of them won't be here next season.

TWELLSEagle
29-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Henno

Reideweld - Luka

You don't think that team with a decent striker, let's say Wickham, can get into the top 6 of the Championship? It's a tough league for sure, but that's just being negative for the sake of enjoying it.

That said, 'My cup runneth over' is an entirely new phrase for me and I'm simply interpreting it as best as I can.

It's never been about the first team, it's the lack of depth in the squad. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win the championship title with that team. Although I'd expect Cabaye and Townsend to be off and probably sakho.

PeterH
29-09-2017, 07:02 PM

This. Luckily I have classes. That ends early December - we might be worth watching again then. I think I've seen half a game this season.

pauldrulez
29-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Why is RLC so fragile?

A mate of mine who supports Chelsea said that RLC has long-running problems with his back that will hurt his career long term and probably shorten his career considerably.

I almost wonder whether he might over-compensate for it which is causing other injuries now.

PeterH
29-09-2017, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing where this free squad place striker is.

It looks very much as though Palace aren't goint to bother. As in, they actually can't be bothered to get one in or get in another player of any position to make up the 25.

I get the idea, ad SP will say this for sure, that there is no point paying wages to get someone that doesn't add anything to what we already have. BUT, we have a manager, and two pretty well renumerated recruitment people. They'd bloody well better get someone in.

Mictor Voses
29-09-2017, 07:14 PM

Yep. If we had signed another striker, attacking midfielder and winger over the last 18 months like we should've done then we wouldn't be in this mess. Instead we have given new contracts to people who don't deserve them such as Puncheon, Hennessey and Williams and as a result the squad is one of the worst in the league.

meee
29-09-2017, 07:16 PM
We've literally got about 7 Premier League standard players at the moment(not counting Souare who I doubt is close to ready):Zaha,Cabaye,RLC,Sakho,Loftus Cheek,Fosu Mensah and Benteke.I would say Luka and McArthur but both have been very poor this season.Of those 7,only Fosu Mensah hasn't been out injured at some stage this season.We've got 3 out on Saturday again and Fosu Mensah can't play.What a ridiculous situation.

Green Bin
29-09-2017, 07:19 PM
It's never been about the first team, it's the lack of depth in the squad. I'd be disappointed if we didn't win the championship title with that team. Although I'd expect Cabaye and Townsend to be off and probably sakho.

It would be reassuring financially if that was the case, but we paid £26m for him presumably not all up front but spread over a couple of years (or more). If we get relegated his value will take a hit, and there was exactly a queue of clubs for him this season. Add in his massive salary, which must in the region of Benteke and Zaha, and that becomes a real problem. If we can offload him, we could end up paying a substantial part of his wages for the remaining three years of his contract.

Windsor_Eagle
29-09-2017, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't mind knowing where this free squad place striker is.

It looks very much as though Palace aren't goint to bother. As in, they actually can't be bothered to get one in or get in another player of any position to make up the 25.

I get the idea, ad SP will say this for sure, that there is no point paying wages to get someone that doesn't add anything to what we already have. BUT, we have a manager, and two pretty well renumerated recruitment people. They'd bloody well better get someone in.

Sounds very much like Dougie is working in this according to Roy. Cliche I know but the player does need to be decent enough to actually be worth playing and fit in with whatever the wage budget constraints may be.

CPFC.1990
29-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Henno

Reideweld - Luka

Problem is when you get to that lower level then you play against lower ability players. Those lower ability players make up for that by kicking, stopping and generally mixing it up.

Cabaye, for example, would be bullied at that level.

Alfonso
29-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Watch the Press Conference here: https://youtu.be/OOh9MQ1qUqA

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Possibly, but half of them won't be here next season.
This is true, and I realised that when i posted, my point was that the team posted isn't a team that would struggle in the Championship as was suggested.

If we go down we'll lose Wilf, Cabaye will go regardless, Sakho, Benteke, Townsend, Milivojevic and Tomkins will probably go back to West Ham. Although I haven't seen much of them, some of the academy players could come through.

averity
29-09-2017, 10:19 PM
If we went down I wouldn't let anyone leave the first year other than possibly benteke, as then you just find yourself in Sunderlands position!

Nostrils
29-09-2017, 10:21 PM
If we went down I wouldn't let anyone leave the first year other than possibly benteke, as then you just find yourself in Sunderlands position!

You would think most of them would have relegation clauses, as we probably would with the wage structures.

bigGcpfc
29-09-2017, 10:50 PM
We've literally got about 7 Premier League standard players at the moment(not counting Souare who I doubt is close to ready):Zaha,Cabaye,RLC,Sakho,Loftus Cheek,Fosu Mensah and Benteke.I would say Luka and McArthur but both have been very poor this season.Of those 7,only Fosu Mensah hasn't been out injured at some stage this season.We've got 3 out on Saturday again and Fosu Mensah can't play.What a ridiculous situation.
Good honest post mate. I'm surprised you haven't been dragged out of your bed and been hug drawn and quartered by the BBS Bosses. ( Those with at least 3,000 posts ) .

newish eagle
29-09-2017, 10:54 PM
Good luck everybody!

bubbs11
29-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Cabaye was Prem class once upon a time - not now. Not tracking Davis into the box for Southampton's goal was unforgivable for a player playing park football, never mind one of his experience and on his wage. If I was the manager I would've hauled him off by his ear after that.

audreytatou
29-09-2017, 11:11 PM
oh well:( if we were going to have all these injuries, and it was very likely:rolleyes:.....lets have em against the manc wanks and chelski who may well have beaten us anyway. I cant help but like Woy. We will improve.

palacelad197o
29-09-2017, 11:23 PM
On the plus side i do have de gea as my dream team goalkeeper and i have made him captain

Bounce back
29-09-2017, 11:26 PM
We're well and truly in the chit Roy
Go buy yourselves a big shovel your going to need it