PDA

View Full Version : Harry Kane

Jim Cannon
30-09-2017, 11:54 AM
I admit I thought he looked a bit shit when he first got in the team at Spurs, but seriously how good is he? Got to be worth well over 100M by today's prices

lee_cpfc
30-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Worlds first £500m player

beef
30-09-2017, 11:57 AM
He's something else. I remember seeing him play for Norwich and thinking he was useless...

bradpitt
30-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Brilliant player, seems to be a nice guy too

Far East Eagle
30-09-2017, 11:59 AM
Great players, looks like a striker from the 50s, scores the same amount of goals as well. Looking forward to the World Cup next year now

mroakley9
30-09-2017, 12:01 PM
Best striker in the league for me, he's just so good at everything he does

mroakley9
30-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Looking forward to the World Cup next year now

Yeah I wouldn't if I were you

JAS78
30-09-2017, 12:07 PM
I think he'll be on his way in the summer, Real Madrid or similar

Though Moan U and Man City will have the cheque book ready

richdeniro
30-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Can see him replacing Benzema at Madrid.

rhino_mik
30-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Have just put him in my Fantasy League team.

nicky
30-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Can see him replacing Benzema at Madrid.

It's always nice to see someone step up and join a big club

Daniel_Nash
30-09-2017, 01:15 PM
Most Spurs fans didn't think he'd make it when he first debuted. Early round UEFA Cup/Europa League games then out on loan, looked clumsy, no attribute stood out - not fast, not that big - but he was young, and the club kept wasting money on terrible forwards as well. Then he went on loan to Millwall. That seems to be the turning point for him as a player.. came back and was rattling them in for the reserve side, and when he came on as a sub. To the point where the manager (AVB and then Sherwood at the time, I think) was still picking Soldado and fans would sing for Kane. He'd come on as a sub and score then be dropped.

Then it was a game against Villa at Villa Park and he scored a deflected free kick to win the game. After that he went on a run where it seemed he'd score every week. And then the next season, and the next, and now this season.

And, FWIW, I don't think he'll be leaving. It would be utter madness to sell the club's figurehead the same season you move into a new stadium. He signs a new contract every season as well, and although that means nothing in the end.. how much would it take for Spurs to consider selling? 150, 200, 250m? and replace him with...? finding someone like him is nigh on impossible. Not just the goals but the rest of it.

beef
30-09-2017, 01:18 PM
I hope he sticks around. I know there is a dislike of Spurs on here but out of everyone else I'd like to seem them win things. I think they've built up the right way and have a bloody good team now.

Malarkey
30-09-2017, 01:18 PM
******* scary and depressing that he is the same age as me

RazorsEdge
30-09-2017, 01:20 PM
One season wonder......how wrong he has proved his critics.

Louis
30-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Five Live had a big feature on him before the game today. A lot of talk about how hard he works including training on his own after the main training sessions.

glenn.f
30-09-2017, 01:37 PM
For a couple of years i just didn't see it. He seemed to be too hell bent on scoring from just about anywhere in sight of the goal, which is always infuriating. But he's either worked hard on his finishing because now he seems to be capable of scoring any type of goal or his belief is that sky high he doesn't believe he'll miss. Helps that he's in a side that creates him the space and time to get so many chances. He works bloody hard as well.
At this stage i'd be surprised if he leaves for a couple more years yet. On current form i'd be cashing in on Delli Ali because he's been crap of late and looks infinitely replaceable unlike Kane.

lewisuk
30-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Weren’t we linked with signing him in the summer when Holloway was in charge first season in the premier league or did I imagine that ?

mroakley9
30-09-2017, 01:40 PM
Weren’t we linked with signing him in the summer when Holloway was in charge first season in the premier league or did I imagine that ?

Almost certainly would've been a complete donkey if he came to us

RazorsEdge
30-09-2017, 01:44 PM

He scored 13 goals this month for Spurs, if he was playing for us, I would have been happy with 1....this month...

charltonhater
30-09-2017, 01:47 PM
What I like about Harry Kane is I know diddily squat about him as a person. He just seems to plays football and gets on with it. Why do I know things like Wayne Rooney has a child called Kai with his wife Colleen???

Kane is a rare example the Premier League system of clubs loaning out players for experience works. But how many other examples in the past 7/8 years are there?

There is an obnoxious little show-off in the Spurs squad who needs to learn quite a bit from Kane.
I won't embarrass Dele Ali by name, but if that ego-twerp player growd up Spurs would comfortably (and probably deservedly) win the league.

Dingle
30-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Would be a good signing imo

CP-RJW
30-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Would be a good signing imo
We've already got Freddie Ladapo, need to prioritise other positions.

danpalace07
01-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Top 5 strikers in the world. Absolutely lethal, a modern day Shearer

the drexciyan
01-10-2017, 05:30 AM
From what I've read, I like that he just works his bollocks off in training to focus on his attributes and constantly improve them.

Nicebitofgreen
01-10-2017, 08:43 AM
I love him. No longer a surprise to see him on the scoresheet, it's almost expected. Extra points for having an Irish father.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Amazing stats, hate Spurs but like Kane. Could be earning tons more than he currently does.

Nice get out for Levy, player comes demanding £100k plus a week, Levy points to Kane and says are you more important than him as he only earns £100k

Mike Elwiss
01-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Quite funny reading this and how many on here didn't rate him

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252380&highlight=HARRY+KANE

CP-RJW
01-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Top 5 strikers in the world. Absolutely lethal, a modern day Shearer
Not sure about that. Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero, Aubameyang, Higuain, Griezmann. Kane's goal scoring record in the league is just as good if not better than half of them, but banging in goals against midtable prem sides doesn't make you a great striker, you need to do something in the champions league too, and having played two games so far, Kane hasn't had time too. Although 5 goals in 2 games so far ain't bad! Have to consider all round play too, which is an area that all of the aforementioned bar maybe Higuain beat him in.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Quite funny reading this and how many on here didn't rate him

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252380&highlight=HARRY+KANE

I compared him to Wickham :frown: thankfully the next poster compared him to Sears :D

SeanPalace84
01-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Just incredible, really is a special player.

Oli28
01-10-2017, 10:44 AM
I compared him to Wickham :frown: thankfully the next poster compared him to Sears :D
To be fair I think you could name most of the top players around and there's probably a thread on the bbs condemning them as being shit. The one about Sakho not being as good as Hangeland/Delaney when we were first linked is a personal favourite of mine.

macstar
01-10-2017, 10:52 AM

on the subject of overrating/underrating players, im still trying to find the post when someone said Tom Soares will definitely be the next Steven Gerrard.

cantspell
01-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Not many other PL pjayers I like but he is one.

bigGcpfc
01-10-2017, 08:52 PM
What's not to like ?Just seems a jolly decent fellow, he's English and scores goals. Dare we dream of Russia ?

macstar
01-10-2017, 09:19 PM
What's not to like ?Just seems a jolly decent fellow, he's English and scores goals. Dare we dream of Russia ?

No because the midfield is average

andyocpfc
01-10-2017, 09:39 PM
He's a very untypical type of Premier league striker. Doesn't involve himself in controversy and is generally like a guy you'd meet in the park. He's one of a kind in this day and age. Fair play to him. Hate not to like him.

CP-RJW
01-10-2017, 09:41 PM
No because the midfield is average
Same goes for the defence. Our only hope of even getting to the quarters (probably won't happen will it because it's England) is the Alli-Kane combo.

Louis
01-10-2017, 10:00 PM
From what I've read, I like that he just works his bollocks off in training to focus on his attributes and constantly improve them.
That's more or less what they said on Radio Five Live yesterday

Gregz41
01-10-2017, 10:17 PM
His accuracy in finding the corner might be the best in the world. Lethal finisher.

palaceporky
01-10-2017, 10:25 PM
His accuracy in finding the corner might be the best in the world. Lethal finisher.

I give you Bobby Zamora, nobody finds the corner better than him.

Oli28
01-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Certainly got a strong front 3 with Kane, Sterling and Rashford. Not a great deal of quality behind it though.

meee
01-10-2017, 11:45 PM
on the subject of overrating/underrating players, im still trying to find the post when someone said Tom Soares will definitely be the next Steven Gerrard.

This thread helps your case if you ever want to be a scout:

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119445&highlight=soares

strawberry mivi
02-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Five Live had a big feature on him before the game today. A lot of talk about how hard he works including training on his own after the main training sessions.Funny how you always heard this about Beckham, Ronaldo, Jonny Wilkinson - spending their own time making themselves better.
Not a story that you hear about all the players who lower their handicaps or spend all their free time in night clubs with slappers.

I wonder if there could be a connection?

Oli28
02-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Funny how you always heard this about Beckham, Ronaldo, Jonny Wilkinson - spending their own time making themselves better.
Not a story that you hear about all the players who lower their handicaps or spend all their free time in night clubs with slappers.

I wonder if there could be a connection?
Maradona, Best, Gazza, Rooney, Ronaldinho? ;)

Kylie_Tracey
03-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Maradona, Best, Gazza, Rooney, Ronaldinho? ;)

remember what they said about Goergie Best? in 1969 he gave up booze and women, it was the worst 20 minutes of his life

gilesy14
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Certainly got a strong front 3 with Kane, Sterling and Rashford. Not a great deal of quality behind it though.

As much of a cock as he is, I'd still rather have Dele Alli in our side than against us! He hasn't quite carried over his club form to international level, but I'd say he deserves to be listed with those 3. Lallana also seems to perform in an England shirt.

EagleSE24
03-10-2017, 09:44 AM
It's amazing the extent to which he had improved under Pochettino. Oh to have a manager that could raise a player's game to that degree.

sheepy
03-10-2017, 10:18 AM
As much of a cock as he is, I'd still rather have Dele Alli in our side than against us! He hasn't quite carried over his club form to international level, but I'd say he deserves to be listed with those 3. Lallana also seems to perform in an England shirt.

Yup, Lallana is absolutely essential to England's success.

Spurs would be nowhere without Erickson who makes their attacks tick. Lallana seems the only player England have who might be capabile of filling that role but even then there is an enormous gulf in class.

That said, England have probably one of the worst defences in international football so it's all rather pointless talking about how good the front five are.

gilesy14
03-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Yup, Lallana is absolutely essential to England's success.

Spurs would be nowhere without Erickson who makes their attacks tick. Lallana seems the only player England have who might be capabile of filling that role but even then there is an enormous gulf in class.

That said, England have probably one of the worst defences in international football so it's all rather pointless talking about how good the front five are.

Whilst I agree, the Welsh had a bang average defence & midfield - much like we do. However, they had a match winner in Gareth Bale who dragged them through. If one of Kane, Rashford, etc can step up to the plate then we might do ok.

However, we have that absolute drip Southgate in charge of us so it'll never happen. It makes me weep when I imagine that prat in charge of some of the most talented attacking options we've had in years. It makes me weep even more thinking of Jordan Henderson captaining them. He is an absolute shithouse.

eddieskyclad
03-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Wasn't he linked to a loan move to Palace at the start of his breakthrough season? I seem to recall most were aghast at the possibility as everyone thought he was awful.

EagleSE24
03-10-2017, 10:41 AM
This conversation has made me think back to the mid/late 90s when we had Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Fowler, Cole and Owen all completing for places. With Beckham supplying the crosses and Paul Scholes in behind we should have done so much better than we did.

gilesy14
03-10-2017, 10:49 AM
This conversation has made me think back to the mid/late 90s when we had Shearer, Sheringham, Ferdinand, Fowler, Cole and Owen all completing for places. With Beckham supplying the crosses and Paul Scholes in behind we should have done so much better than we did.

That's without mentioning the likes of Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, etc. Criminal really.

Sadly, we just never had the manager to piece it all together...

ebyeeckeagle
03-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Wasn't he linked to a loan move to Palace at the start of his breakthrough season? I seem to recall most were aghast at the possibility as everyone thought he was awful.

Jermaine Jenas on the radio pretty much said most at Spurs have been surprised - he certainly was and never particularly rated Kane.

Oli28
03-10-2017, 11:45 AM
That's without mentioning the likes of Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, etc. Criminal really.

Sadly, we just never had the manager to piece it all together...
2002 was the year we should have won the World Cup. Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Neville, Campbell, Ferdinand etc all more of less at their peak (or not far off) with the likes of Ashley Cole, Joe Cole, Seaman and even Heskey to fill the gaps. If we had held on against Brazil there was also a fairly clear run to lifting the trophy.

gilesy14
03-10-2017, 11:55 AM
2002 was the year we should have won the World Cup. Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Neville, Campbell, Ferdinand etc all more of less at their peak (or not far off) with the likes of Ashley Cole, Joe Cole, Seaman and even Heskey to fill the gaps. If we had held on against Brazil there was also a fairly clear run to lifting the trophy.

I'd say 2004 Euro's also - had it not been for Rooney's broken metatarsal, who knows what would've happened. However, playing Scholes out on the left pretty much embodies everything that was wrong with Sven's time in charge.

I doubt we've had many better squads than the one we brought to the 2006 World Cup as well.

saxoneagle
03-10-2017, 11:57 AM
I'll admit I thought Kane would get found out and be a one-season wonder. But I was wrong, and he's fun to watch.

knowlesyUCLA
03-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Benzema just signed a contract at Real to 2021 but you can see Kane being in the running to join them if they fancy spending £140m.

Personally I would love to see it happen. He’s a world class striker and if you put him into that team, he would go to another level again. He is definitely good enough for them.

As for England next year, central midfield is a big issue for us. Alli, Sterling, Rasford and Kane will cause problems but getting quality ball to them is our big issue.

saxoneagle
03-10-2017, 11:58 AM
I'd say 2004 Euro's also - had it not been for Rooney's broken metatarsal, who knows what would've happened. However, playing Scholes out on the left pretty much embodies everything that was wrong with Sven's time in charge.

I doubt we've had many better squads than the one we brought to the 2006 World Cup as well.

1996 at home, too - the first XI in that squad were brilliant, even if the depth wasn't quite on par. If Gazza was an inch taller we'd have won that.

davematt
03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
If he keeps on going at this rate, he must be a serious contender for the Ballon d'or. His goal scoring stats the last 12 months are Ronaldo/Messi-esque.

saxoneagle
03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Who was the last Englishman to go overseas and be a success?

gilesy14
03-10-2017, 12:00 PM
1996 at home, too - the first XI in that squad were brilliant, even if the depth wasn't quite on par. If Gazza was an inch taller we'd have won that.

Still defies logic how he didn't get a toe to that :sob:

The Omen
03-10-2017, 12:05 PM

Beckham...?

El Aguila
03-10-2017, 12:12 PM
It was Maidstoned Eagle.

saxoneagle
03-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Beckham...?

His brand was certainly successful... :D

Probably right though.

Palace Bear
03-10-2017, 12:26 PM

James Corden?

saxoneagle
03-10-2017, 12:33 PM
James Corden?

The fact Americans like him is merely another indictment on their society.

See also: Morgan, Piers... although at least he was eventually "not re-hired".