PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Chelsea (home)

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 05:02 PM
----------------------------Speroni----------------------------
TFM-----------Dann---------------------Sakho--------------PVA
---------------------------Milivojevic----------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye------------------Riedewald---------Sako
-----------------------------Zaha---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

4-1-5-0 formation (Zaha playing as a false 9, running the channels to get at their outside centre backs).

1) TFM to tuck in and get close to Hazard
2) Riedewald to help Sako and PVA with Moses
3) Cabaye to press, especially when Fabregas has the ball
4) Milivojevic to hold his position, and help the shape
5) Zaha to run the channels from deep, especially inside right to get at Cahill (with Townsend pushing forward to help expose him).

Gollum
30-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Similar...

Speroni
TFM...Tomkins...Sakho...PVA/Soure
Townsend...Luca...Reidewald...Zaha
......Cabaye.....
......Sako........

Thefunkymonk
30-09-2017, 05:09 PM
----------------------------Hennessey----------------------------
TFM-----------Tomkins-----------------Sakho--------------PVA
----------------------------Milivojevic----------------------------
Townsend----Cabaye------------------Riedewald---------Zaha
-----------------------------Sako---------------------------------

Yeah something like this I suppose

TomEagle
30-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Play the under 16s. They'll probably want it more and the score will end up being roughly the same

Mr Palace
30-09-2017, 06:27 PM
----------------------------Hennessey----------------------------

I'd go for this apart from (1) PvA who is the worst player to have in a relegation battle - he's gutless; and (2) Speroni needs to come in for Hennessey.

bodger
30-09-2017, 07:03 PM
WH made a few good saves today
FM Tomkins Sakho Schlupp
Luka Riedwald
Wilf Cabaye McArthur AT

Danny boy
30-09-2017, 07:07 PM
---------------------------Speroni------------------

Fosu Mensah------Tomkins-------Sakho----Schlupp

------------------Luka-------Riedewald-------------

Townsend---------------Cabaye--------------Zaha

------------------------Ladapo--------------------

bigend1
30-09-2017, 07:19 PM
---------------------------Hennessey----------------------------
Townsend-----------Luka----------cabaye--------------schlupp
-----------------------------zaha---------------------------------
---------------------------Dann----------------------------------

Zaha looking for the second ball from Dann

Assuming guys are fit

grand aigle
30-09-2017, 07:20 PM
why does it matter, were gonna get battered again. Too many 'couldnt give a shit' players, too many injured players, no striker no keeper no real hope! Just end the season, sell the over priced overpaid mercenaries and start again in the Championship. Buy players who want to play for the club not just the money. Sort out the training, why do we have so many injuries? Wickham made of glass, RLC another Chelsea sicknote, Benteke lazy.....etc etc

917L
30-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Amazed anyone would select PVA, irrespective of his ability, which is questionable he really looks like he doesn't the give a shit

Think I'd start Souare', at least he might play like he cares

Mr Palace
30-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Amazed anyone would select PVA, irrespective of his ability, which is questionable he really looks like he doesn't the give a shit

I think you're right. PvA doesn't seem the possess the minerals for a relegation battle.

Danny_Cheviot
30-09-2017, 08:25 PM
City made Chelsea look average. Need to come out of the blocks like a rabbit on a promise or Chelsea will take control and game over at HT.

-----------------------Hennessey------------------

Fosu Mensah------Tomkins-------Sakho----------Schlupp

Zaha---------------Cabaye--------------Townsend

------------------------Sako------------------------

wrightchipvcfc
30-09-2017, 08:26 PM
After watching us get stuffed on 2 perfect prem pitches make the pitch a leveler at selhurst for Chelsea game dry bumpy long grass gives us more chance with what ever 11 we can put out

CPFC_Fan
30-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Posted this last week and will do so again.....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/idgas.gif

Mad Raschic Ken
30-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Speroni

Fosu-Mensah
Tomkins
Sakho
Souare

Milivojevic
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Ladapo
Zaha

sl6 Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Who actually cares?

Jim Cannons Moustache
30-09-2017, 08:48 PM
It really makes **** all difference, we will lose, look pathetic and not score.
I agree with those saying they'd rather have souare throwing himself around kamikaze style at left back than the 25 MILLION pair of softcock duds we have watched there this season.

Palacebear
30-09-2017, 08:54 PM
I've no idea now. It just feels like whatever team we put out we will concede in the first 10mins & the game will effectively be over.

aj4england
30-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Jules, Tim , Topkins, Sakho, Schlupp, Cabaye , Luka, Jairo , Townsend , Wilf, Sako or Macca

exiledeagle
30-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Probably play Ladapo and not risk Zaha either

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 09:14 PM
I'd go for this apart from (1) PvA who is the worst player to have in a relegation battle - he's gutless; and (2) Speroni needs to come in for Hennessey.

Although this is the player who both Big Sam and David Moyes were fighting over for a relegation battle because of his apparent spirit. (Not to say I have seen any of that, but just an aside.) And Schlupp is even more of a bottler IMHO. Would prefer Souare.

rambo1
30-09-2017, 09:25 PM
----------------Hennessey-----------
Fosu-Mensah--Dann--Sakho--Schlupp

Cabaye-----------Luka------Puncheon

Townsend--------Ladapo--------Zaha

in-exile
30-09-2017, 09:29 PM

Think I'd start Souare', at least he might play like he caresThis....we need him back asap.

Mr Palace
30-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Although this is the player who both Big Sam and David Moyes were fighting over for a relegation battle because of his apparent spirit. (Not to say I have seen any of that, but just an aside.) And Schlupp is even more of a bottler IMHO. Would prefer Souare.

You just need to watch PvA with your own eyes mate. I rarely seen such a bottler - he really doesn't seem fussed at all. I'd take Schlupp over him every day. And I hope Souare is fit enough soon to challenge both of them.

palacemetros
30-09-2017, 09:32 PM
If we are having problems with full backs, we could try 3 at the back...........

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 09:35 PM
You just need to watch PvA with your own eyes mate. I rarely seen such a bottler - he really doesn't seem fussed at all. I'd take Schlupp over him every day. And I hope Souare is fit enough soon to challenge both of them.

I imagine they are playing it very safe with Souare, and treading very carefully. Would expect him to play Bristol City and then be back after the November international break. I expect him - judging by Hodgson's remarks of being without 6 first teamers and naming him as missing - to be in serious contention once fully fit and confident.

As for PVA, he is rarely beaten on the ground. He is calm, technically decent and can pass. But I agree, he doesn't seem like the type to roll up his sleeves.

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 09:38 PM
----------------Hennessey-----------
Fosu-Mensah--Dann--Sakho--Schlupp

Cabaye-----------Luka------Puncheon

Townsend--------Ladapo--------Zaha

Puncheon, Ladapo? Wow.

OLD BASING EAGLE
30-09-2017, 09:39 PM
No point, as there are bound to be more injuries between now and the time we actually play them.

spt1978
30-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Roy already sounds like a broken man.

Expect Punch, Ward, Delaney and Kelly to all start. FdB was right about every one of our players.

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 09:41 PM
Probably play Ladapo and not risk Zaha either

You don't 'not risk' Zaha for a home game when we desparately need a spark and a boost of confidence. Wilf to carry us up the table. Again.

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 09:41 PM
No point, as there are bound to be more injuries between now and the time we actually play them.

:D

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Actually, another option could be:

----------------------Hennessey------------------------------
TFM-------Tomkins-----------------Sakho---------PVA/PS/JS
Townsend----Luka----------------Cabaye---------Riedewald
-------------------------Zaha----------------------------------
-------------------------Sako----------------------------------

Riedewald played left midfield when he came on and looked ok. Maybe too attacking, but we are at home. Want see Wilf as far forward as possible. Balls to feet.

JDawg
30-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Speroni
Ward
Delaney
Ramage
Parr

Jedinak
KG

Bolasie
Garvan
Zaha

Murray

I wish

Mr Palace
30-09-2017, 10:05 PM
I imagine they are playing it very safe with Souare, and treading very carefully. Would expect him to play Bristol City and then be back after the November international break. I expect him - judging by Hodgson's remarks of being without 6 first teamers and naming him as missing - to be in serious contention once fully fit and confident.

As for PVA, he is rarely beaten on the ground. He is calm, technically decent and can pass. But I agree, he doesn't seem like the type to roll up his sleeves.

Hopefully that's the case regarding Souare - though he's never been the best defender. But I love his heart and work ethic - not qualities you can say that PvA has in abundance.

alanlee11
30-09-2017, 10:11 PM
I would strongly urge everyone to expect that Wilf will not be ready. This is how things are going for us.

st albans
30-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Actually, another option could be:

----------------------Hennessey------------------------------
TFM-------Tomkins-----------------Sakho---------PVA/PS/JS
Townsend----Luka----------------Cabaye---------Riedewald
-------------------------Zaha----------------------------------
-------------------------Sako----------------------------------

Riedewald played left midfield when he came on and looked ok. Maybe too attacking, but we are at home. Want see Wilf as far forward as possible. Balls to feet.

After all the money spent in Jan on left sided players I can't believe we still don't have a decent left back. We change it every week. You could throw a blanket over all three of them in term s of how average they all are in that position

Neckinger Eagle
30-09-2017, 10:24 PM
It's impossible to say seven days in advance. We have to wait and see which three players will throw sickies during the week.

jobiinthelastmi
30-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Julian Speroni

The rest I don’t care!

brighton_eagle
30-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Jules in goal. He just cannot be worse than Hen. Sakho and whoever is fit to partner him. TFM in Ward out. Pick a left back, they are much of a muchness.

Cabaye, Jairo and Luka

Wilf, Ladapo and Townsend.

glaziers fan
30-09-2017, 11:46 PM
It's impossible to say seven days in advance. We have to wait and see which three players will throw sickies during the week.

It's 14 days. Another six could go down with something in that period!

pauldrulez
01-10-2017, 06:49 AM
-----------------------ó----Speronió----------------------------
TFM-----------Tomkins----------------Sakho--------------Souare

I donít want to see imbeciles like Mutch on the bench.

Subs: Hennessey, Kelly, Ward or Dann, Puncheon, McArthur, Lumeka, Ladapo

SJ'sLoveMonkey
01-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Bingo
Buttons
Sparkles
Ronald McDonald
Bobo
Charlie Caroli
Popple
Cakehole
Gerry Cottle
Binky

mylona
01-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Bingo
Buttons
Sparkles
Ronald McDonald
Bobo
Charlie Caroli
Popple
Cakehole
Gerry Cottle
Binky

Is your point that the Palace team is a bunch of clowns?

Palacebear
01-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Speroni

TFM Dann/Tomkins Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka Riedewald

Townsend RLC Wilf/Sako

Banger
01-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Speroni

TFM Dann/Tomkins Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka Riedewald

Townsend RLC Wilf/Sako
RLC is ineligible unfortunately

Palacebear
01-10-2017, 08:37 AM
RLC is ineligible unfortunately

Ah of course. That means punch will be in the team somewhere.

This is beyond a joke now.

Die hard Hoj
01-10-2017, 11:35 PM
TFM-----------Tomkins----------------Sakho--------------Souare

I donít want to see imbeciles like Mutch on the bench.

Subs: Hennessey, Kelly, Ward or Dann, Puncheon, McArthur, Lumeka, Ladapo

This but McArthur for Riedewald, why would you play Riedewald over McArthur?
The rest and formation is spot on.

RisZero
02-10-2017, 12:53 AM
Chelsea were proper shit against City so expect a gigantic rebound against us

Play whatever Roy wants to test in the final game before our, once again shorter than everyone elses, season begins

Hedgehog
02-10-2017, 01:45 AM
I think Ladapo did enough in 10 minutes to show he is a better option up front than Sako.

TheCharmer1
02-10-2017, 04:30 AM
Why would anyone play sako up front after Old Trafford ? Surely Wilf down the middle is a better option.

djlee
02-10-2017, 06:15 AM
Why would anyone play sako up front after Old Trafford ? Surely Wilf down the middle is a better option.
I'd rather have wilf on the right or left and running at them rather than back to goal trying to stick his head on a Delaney launch

Nostrils
02-10-2017, 06:36 AM
----------Hennessey
TFM-Tomkins-Sakho-Schlupp
----------Milivojevic
Zaha-Cabaye-Riedewald-Townsend
-----------Ladapo

Personally thought Sako put in a decent shift with one intelligent through ball to Cabaye, so a bit harsh to drop him, but he doesn't have the natural instinct required to lead the line imo. Also love the the self belief and enthusiasm that Ladapo showed in his post match interview, he wants to show what he can do. Souare for the last 20.

CharlieCPFC
02-10-2017, 06:44 AM
----------Hennessey
----------Milivojevic
Zaha-Cabaye-Riedewald-Townsend
-----------Ladapo

Personally thought Sako put in a decent shift with one intelligent through ball to Cabaye, so a bit harsh to drop him, but he doesn't have the natural instinct required to lead the line imo. Also love the the self belief and enthusiasm that Ladapo showed in his post match interview, he wants to show what he can do. Souare for the last 20.

This.

Mr Palace
02-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Three players who cannot play if we are to have any chance are Hennessey, Ward and Puncheon.

I'm sure I read some comments by Hodgson over the weekend to say Wilf is unlikely to return for the Chelsea game. Hope that's not the case.

steve hail
02-10-2017, 09:16 AM
We will lose 3-0 and Roy will explain how unlucky we were, that the players are getting the new structure right, that it was anybody's game until the second goal went in, and that the season starts now. Or sometime soon.

Reg_Maudling
02-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Zaha is not fit to play according to Roy

don't risk him for this one, save him for the Newcastle game

bigend1
02-10-2017, 09:38 AM
We will lose 3-0 and Roy will explain how unlucky we were, that the players are getting the new structure right, that it was anybody's game until the second goal went in, and that the season starts now. Or sometime soon.

To be fair he's not hidden or put glitter on any of it so far. He said regardless of opposition you can take no positives when you lose 5-0 post city. He said we performed well in the first half against them and it was hard to take when we didn't do that again in the second.

Same at Utd, said we did some things well but we're simply outclassed

It'll be the same against Chelsea, I expect a fair reflection of the game from Roy and then yes... the season does have to begin there.

His biggest challenge, bar perhaps the striker situation is keeping the players believing. If he can do that we can survive. If he says, well that was shit, we're ****ed then we are

bigend1
02-10-2017, 09:39 AM

Yeah I think so.

Maybe a cameo if he thinks wilf will benefit from it and not be a risk but basically zaha needs to be firing from Newcastle

bigend1
02-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Assuming guys are fit

I know I did put him in my team if 100% :o

glaziers fan
02-10-2017, 10:21 AM

What?! How does he know 14 days in advance, with Wilf training already? That's surely not correct.

Martin H
02-10-2017, 10:26 AM
What?! How does he know 14 days in advance, with Wilf training already? That's surely not correct.

Probably a combination of medical assessment and pragmatism/common sense isn't it? I.e. It's probably not worth risking him against Chelsea where we are unlikely to take 3 points but instead give him an extra week to recover and get his sharpness back ready for the next game.

He might do 10 mins if he is in very good shape or just play safe.

TBH - It's just an answer to an interview question not a commitment.

gilesy14
02-10-2017, 10:30 AM

I'd imagine he has a bit more information available to him than any of us, don't ya think? & maybe it's completely logical to be extra precautious & give him an extra game off in a game we have little chance in, in order to protect him & make doubly sure he doesn't break down having been rushed back?

glaziers fan
02-10-2017, 10:31 AM
I'd imagine he has a bit more information available to him than any of us, don't ya think? & maybe it's completely logical to be extra precautious & give him an extra game off in a game we have little chance in, in order to protect him & make doubly sure he doesn't break down having been rushed back?

When did he say that Wilf would not be back for Chelsea? Has anyone got the quote?

Kai
02-10-2017, 10:34 AM
I rarely do these but I'd go with

Speroni
TFM Tomkins Sakho Souare
Townsend Cabaye Luka Riedewald Sako
Ladapo

exiledeagle
02-10-2017, 10:37 AM

Maybe he has had a set back - with the season we have had would we be surprised ?

sydnsteve
02-10-2017, 11:08 AM

I'd agree with that.PVA has been dreadful.

Son of Ron
02-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Assuming Zaha / Dann not fit I'd go

--------Hennessey
TFM, Tomkins, Sakho, Souare
------Luka, Riedewald
--Townsend, Cabaye, Sako
------------Ladapo

Subs, Speroni, Ward, PVA, Schlupp, McArthur, Gilardino (?!)

Ooh Betty
02-10-2017, 12:37 PM
It

Will
Make
No
Difference

Who
Plays
It's
A

Shambles

Nil

CaterhamEagle
03-10-2017, 04:07 PM
When did he say that Wilf would not be back for Chelsea? Has anyone got the quote?

It originates from a Daily Mail article but there are no direct quotes in it.

Nigelbrag
03-10-2017, 04:59 PM
why does it matter, were gonna get battered again. Too many 'couldnt give a shit' players, too many injured players, no striker no keeper no real hope! Just end the season, sell the over priced overpaid mercenaries and start again in the Championship. Buy players who want to play for the club not just the money. Sort out the training, why do we have so many injuries? Wickham made of glass, RLC another Chelsea sicknote, Benteke lazy.....etc etc

In a weird and strange way there is a lot of truth in what you suggest, but unfortunately we have to tow the line and go through the motions and show willing in fulfilling our obligations and prolong the agony of our long suffering fans further.:sob:
BUT, on the other hand we could end up doing what we did last season, it has to change at sometime.:lux:

SJ'sLoveMonkey
03-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Is your point that the Palace team is a bunch of clowns?

There's no fooling you

beef
03-10-2017, 05:12 PM
TFM-----------Tomkins----------------Sakho--------------Schlupp
------------------------------Luka---------------------------------
-----------------------------Ladapo-------------------------------

I don't think it's really worth risking Zaha for this game.

I'd like to see Riedewald get a full game and for Ladapo to be given a chance. At least he is an actual striker and can hold the ball up.

Schlupp gets in because PvA has been terrible. Not sure how fit Souare is but he would be my first choice left back.

First time I've dropped Ward but he needs to be taken out of the firing line for his own good! The same for Hennessey.

4 cryingOutloud
03-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Hennessey - Speroni - Henry - Funnell - Webber

TFM - Tomkins - Dann - Sakho - Delaney - Reidewell

No point in a midfield, and as we don't have any fit strikers, I haven't bothered to include anyone in that position either..

Subs: Hodgson, Lewington, Freedman, Parish, Bright, and any others who are up for a go.

Nigelbrag
04-10-2017, 08:27 AM

I'd like to see Riedewald get a full game and for Ladapo to be given a chance. At least he is an actual striker and can hold the ball up.

Schlupp gets in because PvA has been terrible. Not sure how fit Souare is but he would be my first choice left back.

First time I've dropped Ward but he needs to be taken out of the firing line for his own good! The same for Hennessey.

Quite right with your selection and for the reasons given, also we don't have too may alternatives to call on. Unfortunately i don't think it will make much difference as they all seem incapable of scoring a goal.

Stavros 69
04-10-2017, 08:39 AM

We should give this a go. Make Punch, Ward, Heno, Dann realise they all can be dropped if they donít perform.

gilesy14
04-10-2017, 08:52 AM
I can't believe in our 5th Premier League season, we're sitting here debating whether we play Scott Dann (a centre half), Bakary Sako (a questionable winger, let alone anything else), Jimmy Mac (a midfielder who has been seriously on the decline for 12 months) or Freddie Ladapo (recently of Margate) up top against the reigning champions. It really is a stinging indictment of just how bad our recruitment policy has largely been.

gilesy14
04-10-2017, 08:54 AM
We should give this a go. Make Punch, Ward, Heno, Dann realise they all can be dropped if they don’t perform.

Turnaround last season was when Big Sam dropped the previously untouchable Dann, Delaney & McArthur.

I was a bit peeved when Roy came in & retained largely the same team - Ward & Puncheon keeping their places for the game vs Saints for example. People argued that Hodgson didn't want to rock the boat, which completely baffled me. If there was ever a time for wholesale changes, it's after 4 games resulting 4 defeats & 0 goals scored. I didn't want the boat rocked - I wanted it flipped & sunk.

Seanee Pawnee
04-10-2017, 09:07 AM
Speroni

TFM
Dann
Sakho
Tompz
Soure

McCartz
Townz
Luka
Cabz
Sako

bigend1
04-10-2017, 09:33 AM

Maybe he thinks he's more valuable in the games after and doesn't want people on his back for not playing him when we lose to Chelsea.

Maybe the feeling that zaha is close but not worth risking is easier to deal with when he doesn't play than he's fit but I didn't play him.

I'd imagine Roy is seeing wilf, Dann, Ruben, TFM, Tomkins and current players like Sakho, cabaye, Luka and Townsend all being fit against Newcastle and thinking finally....GAME ON!!!

JackTheBiscuit
04-10-2017, 09:40 AM
I can't believe in our 5th Premier League season, we're sitting here debating whether we play Scott Dann (a centre half), Bakary Sako (a questionable winger, let alone anything else), Jimmy Mac (a midfielder who has been seriously on the decline for 12 months) or Freddie Ladapo (recently of Margate) up top against the reigning champions. It really is a stinging indictment of just how badly our recruitment policy has largely been.

This

Hector
04-10-2017, 09:48 AM
I can't believe in our 5th Premier League season, we're sitting here debating whether we play Scott Dann (a centre half), Bakary Sako (a questionable winger, let alone anything else), Jimmy Mac (a midfielder who has been seriously on the decline for 12 months) or Freddie Ladapo (recently of Margate) up top against the reigning champions. It really is a stinging indictment of just how bad our recruitment policy has largely been.

Staggering reality of where we are.

Robson
04-10-2017, 09:50 AM

This, and no 'largely' about it. A systematic failure.

Martin H
04-10-2017, 10:58 AM
- Hennessey -

Fosu-Mensah -- Tomkins --- Sakho -- PV Anholt

Luka ------ Reidewald

Townsend ------- Cabaye ------- Puncheon

Sako

Subs:

Speroni, Ward, Kelly, McArthur, Schlupp, Ladapo, Mutch

Plan would really be to be able to defend in depth but also to be able to keep the ball for at least some of the time within the middle 5 etc. Sako is by definition sticking plaster but the objective would for him to support that and get in as many shots as possible. This is a time for him to be a bit greedy on that front. When he does pull wide the wingers MUST get into the box. I would give Ladapo a longer run in the second half and tell Sako to give it a flat out 10-15 mins after HT knowing he will come off.

McArthur to replace Cabaye if flagging. Cabaye has been our main chance creator and put in some good shifts in last few weeks when chips have been down. Will be a tough game for him against their midfield but we need another big effort.

mrgins
04-10-2017, 11:09 AM
- Hennessey -

Fosu-Mensah -- Tomkins --- Sakho -- PV Anholt

Luka ------ Reidewald

Townsend ------- Cabaye ------- Puncheon

Sako

Subs:

Speroni, Ward, Kelly, McArthur, Schlupp, Ladapo, Mutch

Plan would really be to be able to defend in depth but also to be able to keep the ball for at least some of the time within the middle 5 etc. Sako is by definition sticking plaster but the objective would for him to support that and get in as many shots as possible. This is a time for him to be a bit greedy on that front. When he does pull wide the wingers MUST get into the box. I would give Ladapo a longer run in the second half and tell Sako to give it a flat out 10-15 mins after HT knowing he will come off.

McArthur to replace Cabaye if flagging. Cabaye has been our main chance creator and put in some good shifts in last few weeks when chips have been down. Will be a tough game for him against their midfield but we need another big effort.

Surprised you left out souare while debating between schlupp and pva, and included punch in there

Martin H
04-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Surprised you left out souare while debating between schlupp and pva, and included punch in there

I am just not convinced Pape is ready and if he is then he should start on the bench and get some mins later on perhaps. I am not a huge fan of Schlupp or PVA at LB but normally would choose Schlupp over PVA but JS had such a poor game last week I wouldn't risk him at LB or LW/LM - which is why PVA dn Punch start. I think Punch in the wide midfield role is our best option for this match. Punch may not be in great form but he is still better than the other options right now. Macca would have got the nod from me in the middle or the right side.

The problem is that as soon as we have any first choice players out the team starts to be compromised. But that's done to death elsewhere.

cpfcfan1
04-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Would rather play lumeka or kai kai than punch, he offers nothing

SteveyHawking
04-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Speroni
Fosu-Mensah Tomkins Sakho Van Aanholt
Milivojevic Riedewald
Townsend Cabaye Sako
Zaha

Subs: Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Schlupp, McArthur, Puncheon, Ladapo

Mr Palace
04-10-2017, 12:22 PM

So true. I never thought we'd be in this position.

Mr Palace
04-10-2017, 12:26 PM
We can't play Hennessey, Ward, PvA or Puncheon if we are to have any chance of getting a point. I would play Ladapo and just ask him to run his nuts off, close down their defenders and generally make a nuisance of himself. Not expecting any goals from him.

----------------------Speroni--------------

Fosu-Mensah -- Tomkins --- Sakho ----Schlupp

---------------Luka ------ Reidewald

Townsend ------- Cabaye -------------- Sako

--------------------Ladapo----------------------

Sako

Subs:

Hennessey, Ward, Kelly, McArthur, Kaikai, Lumeka, I can't even think of a final sub but I'd rather have 6 subs than include Mutch

jobiinthelastmi
04-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Julian Speroni

Fosu-mensah
Tomkins
Sahko
Schlupp

Luka
Cabaye

Townsend
Jimmy Mac
Pva

Sako

mystery_man
04-10-2017, 12:45 PM
If it were me and assuming Zaha is not yet back as Roy suggests:
Speroni
Fosu-Mensah -- Sakho -- Dann -- Schlupp
Riederwald -- Milivojevic
Townsend -- Cabaye -- KaiKai
Ladapo

Latvian
04-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Speroni

Fosu-Mensah
Tomkins
Sakho
Souare

Milivojevic
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Ladapo
Zaha

Very much so.

Martin H
04-10-2017, 01:00 PM
I thought Dann had a hamstring injury? Noticed some people have picked him. Tomkins was sick and after 2 weeks should be fit(ter).

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 01:02 PM
No chance Souare will start

Shipp Ahoy!
04-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Speroni

TMF - Dann/Tomkins/Kelly - Sakho - PVA

Luka - Jairo

Townsend - Cabaye - Sakho

Zaha

Subs: Hen, DEF, McArthur, Schlupp, Puncheon, Lee, Ladapo

HorleyStu
04-10-2017, 07:24 PM
——————-Speroni————————————
FSU-Mensah..Tomkins..Sakho..Jairo...........
Townsend..MacArthur..Cabaye..Luka..Kaikai
....................Sako.......................... ........

RazorsEdge
04-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Speroni

TEAM BUS
TEAM BUS
TEAM BUS
Sako

That should do it

sylvan eagle
04-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Speroni

TMF - Dann/Tomkins/Kelly - Sakho - PVA

Luka - Jairo

Townsend - Cabaye - Sakho

Zaha

Subs: Hen, DEF, McArthur, Schlupp, Puncheon, Lee, Ladapo

Like having two Benteke's

cybais
04-10-2017, 09:51 PM

Fosu Mensah------Tomkins-------Sakho----Schlupp

^^ This one for me. COYP!:supergrin:

okey eagle
04-10-2017, 11:23 PM

Fosu Mensah------Tomkins-------Sakho----Kelly

Dobbo
05-10-2017, 05:48 AM

Fosu Mensah------Tomkins-------Sakho----Kelly

I assume your left back is a massive typo mate !

thefox
05-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Like having two Benteke's

Think about it. :D

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Wilf back in training by the looks of it & looking sharp (from the 60 seconds of footage anyway!).

When all are fully fit, he has to play out wide for me - but as things stand, I'd be tempted to play him up top. Get RLC playing close to him to help him out, & we might offer way more of a threat.

Speroni
Luka-Cabaye
Townsend-RLC-Sako
Zaha

You could possibly play PvA at left back & Schlupp out wide instead of Sako - whatever happens, it's a pretty weak left hand side. The rest of the team looks decent however...

READING EAGLE
05-10-2017, 10:40 AM
RLC can not play as Chelsea player on loan

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 10:42 AM
True - I kinda meant whilst Benteke is injured anyway, which will be for November.

Take RLC out for Riedewald, put him next to Luka & push Yohan forward for Chelsea.

switchboard
05-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Play for a point and clean sheet.

Speroni

Ward
Tomkins
Sakho
PVA

Luka
Cabaye
McArthur

Townsend
Sako

Ladapo

jamieb73
05-10-2017, 12:07 PM
WH

Fosu Mensah
Tomkins
Sakho
Schlup

Luka
Cabaye
McArthur

Townsend
Zaha

Sako

Green Bin
05-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Being a bit creative here, and assuming both Dann and Tomkins are not fully fit

Speroni (will make less mistakes than WH, is a better shot stopper and will raise fans morale)

TFM Sakho Kelly

Lukas

Townsend MacArthur Riedewald PVA

Loliko Lumeka

Basically Lumeka and Loliko hunt up front as a pair....MacArthur gets upfront in support to harry and lend muscle

Townsend and PVA run the flanks

defensively Lukas, Mac and Riedewald block the centre

Cabaye, swaps with Mac at half time....Schlupp, Puncheon or Lee provide legs in second half...

Mr Palace
05-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Being a bit creative here, and assuming both Dann and Tomkins are not fully fit

Speroni (will make less mistakes than WH, is a better shot stopper and will raise fans morale)

TFM Sakho Kelly

Lukas

Townsend MacArthur Riedewald PVA

Loliko Lumeka

Basically Lumeka and Loliko hunt up front as a pair....MacArthur gets upfront in support to harry and lend muscle

Townsend and PVA run the flanks

defensively Lukas, Mac and Riedewald block the centre

Cabaye, swaps with Mac at half time....Schlupp, Puncheon or Lee provide legs in second half...

Not sure I would call that creative. More like suicide. That team would get punished.

bigend1
06-10-2017, 07:37 AM
-----------------------------jimmy---------------------------------

Sensible head on now.

Sako didn't have the positioning or movement as a striker for me. He's got a left foot but that's about it. Countless times we got forward against Utd we put crosses into an empty penalty area.

If Dann is fit go back to what we were likely to do with Dann being the outlet and Ruben looking for the second ball etc. Jimmy taking Rubens place for this one, staying close to Dann and getting onto a flick on, or if it's a knock down he has the pace of Townsend and schlupp either side who have the engine to be getting forward at full pelt when they see it coming and Jimmy can find them.

Love zaha to play and I think he might but... I'd leave him on the bench. IF we have something to hold onto with say 30 mins to go I'd get zaha on. Might keep Chelsea back a bit when they try to pin us in our own half under siege and if not zaha will have space to run at them if we can get the ball to him and I'd fancy us to score on the break with the pace and skill we have. If we have nothing to hang on to them I wouldn't risk wilf unless a cameo will do him some good for match fitness. Roy will know best about that

bigend1
06-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Townsend-----------Luka---------ridewald--------------schlupp
----------------------------Cabaye--------------------------------

Or this.... same theory though

AddoWolz
06-10-2017, 08:59 AM
........................Hennessey
TFM. .........Tomkins. ...Sakho. ......PVA
.....................Luka. ......McArthur
...Townsend. ......Cabaye. ..........Schlupp
.............................Zaha

adrenalin john
06-10-2017, 09:12 AM
WH
FM Tomkins Sakho Schlupp
Luka Riedwald
Wilf Cabaye AT
Sako

Sako will need to pull wide. And hopefully with either Wilf or AT overload one wing and create a chance for a breaking midfielder.

Straws, clutch

Martin H
06-10-2017, 09:20 AM
-----------------------------jimmy---------------------------------

Sensible head on now.

Sako didn't have the positioning or movement as a striker for me. He's got a left foot but that's about it. Countless times we got forward against Utd we put crosses into an empty penalty area.

If Dann is fit go back to what we were likely to do with Dann being the outlet and Ruben looking for the second ball etc. Jimmy taking Rubens place for this one, staying close to Dann and getting onto a flick on, or if it's a knock down he has the pace of Townsend and schlupp either side who have the engine to be getting forward at full pelt when they see it coming and Jimmy can find them.

Love zaha to play and I think he might but... I'd leave him on the bench. IF we have something to hold onto with say 30 mins to go I'd get zaha on. Might keep Chelsea back a bit when they try to pin us in our own half under siege and if not zaha will have space to run at them if we can get the ball to him and I'd fancy us to score on the break with the pace and skill we have. If we have nothing to hang on to them I wouldn't risk wilf unless a cameo will do him some good for match fitness. Roy will know best about that

Not sure it's that 'sensible' to play Dann up front. I am pretty sure they said last week that he pulled a hamstring last Friday in training. If true then I doubt he will be fit to train fully before Chelsea. The thought of him being asked to charge around as a CF whle nursing a hammy can't be that 'sensible' even if he has recovered. :D :D

I know we are in a real mess for options but I can't see Dann being the answer other than at set pieces even if he is 100% fit. TBH his finishing has been surprisingly bad this season (he has missed some of our easiest chances). He has been at times a clinical finisher but has very little movement and isn't thuggish enough to cause havoc. So I would look to play a midfielder who can at least make the runs and perhaps play in that withdrawn role. But without Ruben I don't see good options, just make-do's

The fundamental problem we have is that we have only scored in one match in our last 12 matches. It is this which makes our failure to buy a striker/forward so ridiculous but there are oodles of threads about that elsewhere. We are forced to expect miracles from Wilf and Ruben when they both return. The thought of Cabaye playing with these two is encouraging but will it bring enough goals? - I hope so

alanlee11
06-10-2017, 09:24 AM
I really only expect Wilf to come on from the bench. Our injuries always run over. Just wait for Roy's press conference "Zaha is close but he won't be ready in time".

Barnstormer
06-10-2017, 09:56 AM
How can anyone suggest playing PVA he can't defend.

Mr Palace
06-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Dann up front would be madness. He's slow and would barely move. And if he wins headers against three Chelsea CBs, who would they go to?

Far better to have a pacy player up there even if they have little goal threat. I'd play Ladapo and just ask him to make a real nuisance and get in their faces, run the channels etc. Like Jerome did to such good effect - even though he was no goal threat.

Pinkie Brown
06-10-2017, 10:26 AM
What is the official FA punishment for not turning up? Might that be better?

jmemour
06-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Speroni FFS surely now

TFM -------- Tomkins (if fit)/Dann ---------- Sakho -------- Schlupp

Luka ----------- Riedewald

Townsend -------- Cabaye ------------- Zaha

Ladapo

Tell Ladapo to be the biggest nuisance he can possibly be, a la Cameron Jerome.

bigend1
07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Not sure it's that 'sensible' to play Dann up front. I am pretty sure they said last week that he pulled a hamstring last Friday in training. If true then I doubt he will be fit to train fully before Chelsea. The thought of him being asked to charge around as a CF whle nursing a hammy can't be that 'sensible' even if he has recovered. :D :D

I know we are in a real mess for options but I can't see Dann being the answer other than at set pieces even if he is 100% fit. TBH his finishing has been surprisingly bad this season (he has missed some of our easiest chances). He has been at times a clinical finisher but has very little movement and isn't thuggish enough to cause havoc. So I would look to play a midfielder who can at least make the runs and perhaps play in that withdrawn role. But without Ruben I don't see good options, just make-do's

The fundamental problem we have is that we have only scored in one match in our last 12 matches. It is this which makes our failure to buy a striker/forward so ridiculous but there are oodles of threads about that elsewhere. We are forced to expect miracles from Wilf and Ruben when they both return. The thought of Cabaye playing with these two is encouraging but will it bring enough goals? - I hope so

Sensible head refers solely to not starting zaha! I don't have enough sensible for all of the players!

If we go pace it has to be schlupp but it will have to be balls into the channel of over the top to exploit that.

If we want an outlet it has to be Dann + someone to pick up the second ball and look to the channels for the runs of Townsend and schlupp

We literally have no one else that's likely to win a ball in the air as an outlet

We will be under siege. Our best chance of a goal is set pieces and without benteke Dann is our biggest threat there.

Tomkins at the back is equal to Dann at least.

If we have anthing to hang onto with 30 to go Dann can drop deeper to shut up shop and zaha can come on as a sole outlet with pace and skill against tired legs

Was it a pulled hamstring? Obviously he'd be out but I thought he felt something in his hamstring in training. 2 weeks could well be enough

Martin H
07-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Sensible head refers solely to not starting zaha! I don't have enough sensible for all of the players!

If we go pace it has to be schlupp but it will have to be balls into the channel of over the top to exploit that.

If we want an outlet it has to be Dann + someone to pick up the second ball and look to the channels for the runs of Townsend and schlupp

We literally have no one else that's likely to win a ball in the air as an outlet

We will be under siege. Our best chance of a goal is set pieces and without benteke Dann is our biggest threat there.

Tomkins at the back is equal to Dann at least.

If we have anthing to hang onto with 30 to go Dann can drop deeper to shut up shop and zaha can come on as a sole outlet with pace and skill against tired legs

Was it a pulled hamstring? Obviously he'd be out but I thought he felt something in his hamstring in training. 2 weeks could well be enough

LOL - nice one.

Probably prefer Tomkins over Dann at the back. Hope you are right re Dann's injury despite that but still wouldn't play him up front.

Dann has shown the finishing ability of a striker (last season, not this :() but that's only when he has the ball in the box. The other 89 mins he would be pretty useless I think. He isn't the 'bully type' to give CBs a hard time, has no pace or movement and for anything more than 5 mins at the end I can't see it being worthwhile.

So I would still prefer to play a midfielder up there, probably start with Sako. If that could be Wilf, then awesome but not if there is any doubt over him getting further injury. I would probably rotate who plays up there during the match too. It's not a long term strategy by any means but giving the defenders as much to think about is our best bet. Someone who can move defenders around and beat them or draw fouls.

TBH it's a real joke having to work around this situation isn't it.

Bipe
08-10-2017, 08:09 AM
I'm starting to talk myself around to the notion that we might get some sort of result against Chelsea. They have their own issues up front with Morata out injured. There is a definite vulnerability down their right flank which we can look to exploit. And Cahill is in serious decline in my view, slow as anything and liable to make game changing errors when he's exposed - just a shame there's no obvious candidate with pace to play up against him and force those errors. If Zaha is fit and if Sakho can start organising the defence like he did last year then we have a chance.

TheCharmer1
08-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Kante has done his hamstring too

Skintagain
08-10-2017, 08:43 AM
City made Chelsea look average. Need to come out of the blocks like a rabbit on a promise or Chelsea will take control and game over at HT.

That's the one for me, got to have 2x DM's, otherwise we'll get overrun.

Can't concede b4 ht, otherwise the game will be over.

The coaching staff need to be chasing them all week, some players aren't working hard enough during the games.

DARZET EAGLE
08-10-2017, 10:45 AM
That's the one for me, got to have 2x DM's, otherwise we'll get overrun.

Can't concede b4 ht, otherwise the game will be over.

The coaching staff need to be chasing them all week, some players aren't working hard enough during the games.

Agreed. They appear to be disinterested and demoralised. It will take time to turn this around. The return of Zaha and Benteke will make a difference.

exiledeagle
08-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Dann up front would be madness. He's slow and would barely move. And if he wins headers against three Chelsea CBs, who would they go to?

Far better to have a pacy player up there even if they have little goal threat. I'd play Ladapo and just ask him to make a real nuisance and get in their faces, run the channels etc. Like Jerome did to such good effect - even though he was no goal threat.

Agree with this , Dann is last resort for 5 minutes at end of game . We need a natural forward , give Ladapo a chance at least he is a forward and will probably give his all and he wont get many opportunities to impress .

HeadofEraser
08-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Agree with this , Dann is last resort for 5 minutes at end of game . We need a natural forward , give Ladapo a chance at least he is a forward and will probably give his all and he wont get many opportunities to impress .

I'm of a mind to give Ladapo a chance as well, if only because watching football this season has been an utterly soul crushing experience and a miraculous fairytale story of some sort is starting to look like the only way out.

My only other justification for taking this line is that before we announced his acquisition, I used to play as Maidstone against Margate in football manager, where Freddie always played unreasonably well. I took that as a sign under faith - as you do.

Imagine it will be Sako though.

Owngoal
08-10-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm of a mind to give Ladapo a chance as well, if only because watching football this season has been an utterly soul crushing experience and a miraculous fairytale story of some sort is starting to look like the only way out.

My only other justification for taking this line is that before we announced his acquisition, I used to play as Maidstone against Margate in football manager, where Freddie always played unreasonably well. I took that as a sign under faith - as you do.

Imagine it will be Sako though.

Will we go with Wilf up front? Him in the middle of Andros and Sako might actually be a pretty effective force for Chelsea to deal with. We don't get crosses into a big man but the pace of those three with Cabaye just behind and Jairo and Luka mopping up could work. Defence should be a lot more solid with Sakho fitter and sharper (TFM-Dann/Tomkins- Shako-PVA/Soure)

penguin7
08-10-2017, 12:09 PM
My hope is that the international break has given Roy and his coaches enough time to really get to know the players he has at his disposal, and that he has some fresh ideas to get us out of this rut.......

Maybe that the energy of Ladapo or the pace of Schlupp offer more up front than Sako ?

Or that Zaha and Townsend are more effective on their natural wings ?

HeadofEraser
08-10-2017, 12:16 PM
Will we go with Wilf up front? Him in the middle of Andros and Sako might actually be a pretty effective force for Chelsea to deal with. We don't get crosses into a big man but the pace of those three with Cabaye just behind and Jairo and Luka mopping up could work. Defence should be a lot more solid with Sakho fitter and sharper (TFM-Dann/Tomkins- Shako-PVA/Soure)

I don't mind that, but based on what we've seen this season the expectation for me against a team like Chelsea is that whoever's playing 9 is going to be isolated for most of the match. My priority would simply be to get Zaha on the ball as much as we can and that's a more feasible proposition if he's a winger.

I know I'm not thinking like much of a tactician, but I figure no matter how you cut it it's going to be makeshift.

Robson
08-10-2017, 01:30 PM
I'm starting to talk myself around to the notion that we might get some sort of result against Chelsea.

Well, talk yourself unround.

Nostrils
08-10-2017, 01:40 PM
The break's been a Godsend imo. An opportunity to recover and as mentioned before, a proper chance for Hodgson to start getting his methods across with the Hen and Milivojevic coming back with some confidence - for me, this is key. We'll probably still lose, but having a chance to start working on a system is massive for the forthcoming games where we have a chance of picking up some points.

Dannea
08-10-2017, 04:55 PM
With Wilf-
Hennessy
TFM
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp
Luka
Riedewald
Wilf
Cabaye
Townsend
Ladapo

Without Wilf-
Hennessy
TFM
Dann
Sakho
PVA
Luka
Riedewald
Cabaye
Townsend
Schlupp
Sako

alanlee11
08-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Kante injured for them. I really really just hope we can keep a clean sheet for the first half an hour, try and get a foot hold in the game if possible.

in-exile
08-10-2017, 05:41 PM

Think I'd start Souare', at least he might play like he caresThis.. PVA is so crap.

CPFC247
08-10-2017, 05:57 PM
This.. PVA is so crap.

This season he often looks like he has no idea what his role is. To say he does not give a shit is rubbish, look at him at the end if last season when he had a clear role and the team was organised.

If you think PVA is crap as a footballer based on his performances, god knows what you make of the fullback on the other side of the pitch!

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 06:02 PM
PVA has been a massive disappointment.

Can't believe we wasted so much money on someone who is clearly out of his depth.

I would take 10 Joel Ward's over him anyday, if for nothing else just the fact that Ward looks like it matters to him.

in-exile
08-10-2017, 06:10 PM

Can't believe we wasted so much money on someone who is clearly out of his depth.

I would take 10 Joel Ward's over him anyday, if for nothing else just the fact that Ward looks like it matters to him.Yep we have lost the old team spirit ... Too many wages players for whom it just looks a job.

exiledeagle
08-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Kante injured for them. I really really just hope we can keep a clean sheet for the first half an hour, try and get a foot hold in the game if possible.

Probably replace him with Fabregas :)

Stockport_Eagle
08-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Like we did against Man City you mean?

Says a lot when we're 'really really' hoping to keep a clean sheet for only 30 minutes!!

jaspercpfc
08-10-2017, 08:54 PM

I would take 10 Joel Ward's over him anyday, if for nothing else just the fact that Ward looks like it matters to him.

Agree with that. He has his limitations but he really has been on a journey with us. Never forget seeing this pic the day after the cup final, he has been a terrific servant for us.

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/BD3E/production/_89764484_033067194-1.jpg

http://d3vlf99qeg6bpx.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2016/05/Joel-Ward.jpg

palacelad197o
08-10-2017, 09:11 PM

------------------Luka-------Mcarthur-------------

jmemour
09-10-2017, 09:24 AM
I'll actually look forward to this if we get confirmation Zaha is in the squad. Not because I think we'll win, just think he could give us a lift and heaven forbid a goal.

Sceagle
09-10-2017, 10:26 AM
I must be one of the few people who would pick PVA over Schlupp. Schlupp barely even looks like a footballer to me sometimes.

Mr Palace
09-10-2017, 10:37 AM
I must be one of the few people who would pick PVA over Schlupp. Schlupp barely even looks like a footballer to me sometimes.

Schlupp has deteriorated a bit - he started off well. I would restore him to LB and hopefully he will get back to where he was. I don't like PvA - he's everything I dislike in a modern day premier league entitled footballer. His attitude is poor and he is exactly the kind of player you don't want in a relegation scrap.

Hector
09-10-2017, 11:12 AM

I am also one of the few. PVA playing well is better than Schlupp. I've never really thought Schlupp's had a good game.

aj4england
09-10-2017, 12:17 PM
schlup is better when we are under pressure and can run the ball out , pva better against lesser teams when he can get foward and nick a goal

Martin H
09-10-2017, 12:22 PM

I have picked Schlupp before PVA but he had such a poor game against ManU that I picked PVA in my 'team'. I don't think either are great TBH.

DARZET EAGLE
09-10-2017, 01:59 PM
I have picked Schlupp before PVA but he had such a poor game against ManU that I picked PVA in my 'team'. I don't think either are great TBH.

Bit of a waste of £20million really. Neither has played consistantly well or even consistantly.:eek:

Excowboy
09-10-2017, 02:11 PM
A lot of the defensive stuff has more to do with organisation and protection from midfield more than individual quality. Remember how well we defended under Pulis with a back four of Kelly, Delaney, Dann and Ward?

stevedb55
09-10-2017, 02:43 PM
A lot of the defensive stuff has more to do with organisation and protection from midfield more than individual quality. Remember how well we defended under Pulis with a back four of Kelly, Delaney, Dann and Ward?

Spot on

gilesy14
09-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Spot on

Well, it's not - considering Kelly never played a game under Pulis.

Excowboy
09-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Well, it's not - considering Kelly never played a game under Pulis.
Crikey, the state of my memory. Mainly Parr at left back with Mariappa and Gabbidon in addition to Dann/Delaney? Still a good defensive record with average defenders.

gilesy14
09-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Crikey, the state of my memory. Mainly Parr at left back with Mariappa and Gabbidon in addition to Dann/Delaney? Still a good defensive record with average defenders.

As fall as I recall, it was mainly Mariappa-Dann-Delaney-Ward. After the Jan transfer window anyway. God knows how TP did what he did beforehand with the players at his disposal.

danpalace07
10-10-2017, 03:15 AM
As fall as I recall, it was mainly Mariappa-Dann-Delaney-Ward. After the Jan transfer window anyway. God knows how TP did what he did beforehand with the players at his disposal.

He's a brilliant manager

H.Bomb
10-10-2017, 07:06 AM
One nil win. Mass hysteria. Defending for our lives. Incredible atmosphere. One hopes...

macstar
10-10-2017, 08:09 AM

PvA was actually one of the reasons we stayed up last year, but its true, the whole of football recognises he in not a left back but a left winger/left-mid, pretty much the same as Schlupp.....we need Souare back ASAP.

Agree with SPeroni....we all have to realise there is no way he is worse than Hennessey.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Van Aanholt is woeful

macstar
10-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Van Aanholt is woeful

scored a couple of important goals last season..... he has that "in his locker"..

cpfcfan1
10-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Pva is very much a confidence player, needs hard coaching to get him to perform, someone like pulis or big sam type.

Sceagle
10-10-2017, 09:51 AM
PVA can't defend well but attacks well, for me, Schlupp can't really do either well.

McpfcS
11-10-2017, 06:39 AM
TFM not involved for Holland last night. Is this cause for concern?

Chris Finch
11-10-2017, 06:42 AM
U-21 not full international

philsick
11-10-2017, 08:01 AM
PVA and schlupp are both poor thanks allardyce. Hurry back papa.

Speroni (stop with the torture of hennessey please)
TFM
tomkins
sakho
PVA :(
luka
jairo
cabaye
zaha
townsend
sako

stevek
11-10-2017, 08:05 AM

TFM
tomkins
sakho
luka
jairo
cabaye
zaha
townsend
sako

Very harsh to criticise Allardyce for signing PVA and Schlupp. We desperately needed a left back; who else was available?; and they undoubtedly played an important part in keeping us up.

Skintagain
11-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Very harsh to criticise Allardyce for signing PVA and Schlupp. We desperately needed a left back; who else was available?; and they undoubtedly played an important part in keeping us up.

Absolutely agree, we had no lhs after Soure got injured and were doomed to relegation because of it.
They, Schlupp in particular were crucial in keeping us up.
The price has nothing to do with them, its because the sellers knew we were desperate.

The last part of last season also proved they are good enough with the right coaching.

teesdale99
11-10-2017, 08:47 AM
This is the team I would like to see. I agree that schlupp and pva have looked poor this year and it's a hard call between the two at the moment. I would favour sclupp marginally as he has a lot of pace and there were glimmers of talent last year. He was poor v Southampton but had little help from punch that day.

Speroni over Hennessy purely as a call to arms and boost for the crowd - both are below premiership standard.

Tomkins/Sakho the way forward in my opinion. Is Dann fit? If so i have a hunch Roy will favour him over Sakho.

Will zaha be deemed fit enough to start? Hope so as we have misssed him hugely. Let's trust that our medical team get it right so he is match fit for the upcoming more winnable games, whether that means 60mins starting or a cameo from the bench v Chelsea. If he doesn't start I guess we will see either sclupp or punch on the left.

Sako up top is probably the best of our extremely limited options. He was ok v Man Utd although clearly not used to playing the tricky line striker/back to goal role. Looks fitter than of late and certainly pressed defenders more than benteke has been.

The biggest question is will Roy have the guts to pick reidewald over punch or macarthur. He will give us more defensive cover, pace and bite in midfield.

Im expecting to see Hen in goal, pva left back with sclupp on left wing (zaha on bench) and a midfield 3 of Luka, cabaye and either puncheon or macarthur (depending on whether Roy feels a 'rested' punch is a better bet than a 'jaded' jimmy after internationals/not qualifying.

On paper not a bad team, certainly one capable of climbing off the bottom. RLC to come too. If only we had done the bleeding obvious and signed another striker and the third goalie that EVERY league team has (i.e. a goalie of premier standard who would start).

People that talk about hindsight in this regard are talking absolute rubbish. It was utterly negligent to not fill these positions. It's not like any foresight was needed, just very basic common sense. If any other business was run in this way there would be a vote of no confidence from shareholders.

Anyway, we can't change the past. As fans the only thing we can do that has any effect is to get behind the team, create a big atmosphere and rouse our rabble.

TFM
tomkins
sakho
luka
jairo
cabaye
zaha
townsend
sako

Skintagain
11-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Absolutely agree, we had no lhs after Soure got injured and were doomed to relegation because of it.
They, Schlupp in particular were crucial in keeping us up.
The price has nothing to do with them, its because the sellers knew we were desperate.

The last part of last season also proved they are good enough with the right coaching.

I had previously regarded Pardew as at fault for that situation but after this summers transfer shenanigans I see it differently.

CaterhamEagle
11-10-2017, 09:55 AM
I had previously regarded Pardew as at fault for that situation but after this summers transfer shenanigans I see it differently.

Pardew admitted in a recent pundit bit he hadn't anticipated it being a problem and hadn't made LB a priority that summer.

Eaglez
11-10-2017, 11:37 AM
This is the team I would like to see. I agree that schlupp and pva have looked poor this year and it's a hard call between the two at the moment. I would favour sclupp marginally as he has a lot of pace and there were glimmers of talent last year. He was poor v Southampton but had little help from punch that day.

Speroni over Hennessy purely as a call to arms and boost for the crowd - both are below premiership standard.

Tomkins/Sakho the way forward in my opinion. Is Dann fit? If so i have a hunch Roy will favour him over Sakho.
Will zaha be deemed fit enough to start? Hope so as we have misssed him hugely. Let's trust that our medical team get it right so he is match fit for the upcoming more winnable games, whether that means 60mins starting or a cameo from the bench v Chelsea. If he doesn't start I guess we will see either sclupp or punch on the left.

Sako up top is probably the best of our extremely limited options. He was ok v Man Utd although clearly not used to playing the tricky line striker/back to goal role. Looks fitter than of late and certainly pressed defenders more than benteke has been.

The biggest question is will Roy have the guts to pick reidewald over punch or macarthur. He will give us more defensive cover, pace and bite in midfield.

Im expecting to see Hen in goal, pva left back with sclupp on left wing (zaha on bench) and a midfield 3 of Luka, cabaye and either puncheon or macarthur (depending on whether Roy feels a 'rested' punch is a better bet than a 'jaded' jimmy after internationals/not qualifying.

On paper not a bad team, certainly one capable of climbing off the bottom. RLC to come too. If only we had done the bleeding obvious and signed another striker and the third goalie that EVERY league team has (i.e. a goalie of premier standard who would start).

People that talk about hindsight in this regard are talking absolute rubbish. It was utterly negligent to not fill these positions. It's not like any foresight was needed, just very basic common sense. If any other business was run in this way there would be a vote of no confidence from shareholders.

Anyway, we can't change the past. As fans the only thing we can do that has any effect is to get behind the team, create a big atmosphere and rouse our rabble.

Dann over Sakho? Jesus Christ I hope not.

TheCharmer1
11-10-2017, 11:58 AM

we didnt need two bang average ones for 26m. One would have sufficed. Not harsh at all

jhc
11-10-2017, 12:45 PM
we didnt need two bang average ones for 26m. One would have sufficed. Not harsh at all

I tend to agree. They were huge purchases for us. Yes, our need was great at that time, but at £10M+ each, we paid well over the odds for their quality.

Neither have shown that they are players who can get you out of trouble, & I really question whether they have 'the right stuff' when you are looking for players to get you out of a fix. They look good when the team is playing well, but do they inspire when you're looking for players of character when the going gets tough?

Average Prem players are now so overpriced that the need to bring promising players through the Academy becomes even more crucial. Academy players tend to have a little more emotional investment in the club, and give their all.

Roy seemed to insinuate earlier in the week that some players didn't have the same desire & commitment as he had. In our predicament, that is telling.

Saturday, we must get something out of the game.

SteveyHawking
11-10-2017, 12:54 PM

And now we have three bang average left backs in the squad in total. If we do go down at least we'll be well stocked there.

gilesy14
11-10-2017, 01:12 PM

Did you miss when PvA got injured last season? Had we only signed one, we'd have been completely f*cked. So you're talking nonsense.

Mr Palace
11-10-2017, 01:53 PM
We needed both left backs last January without a doubt
- Schlupp was very good when PvA was out for over a month.

The £26m we had to pay is a consequence of us not doing our business effectively in the summer. And we'll pay through the nose again this January as we made the same stupid mistakes this summer. That's the killer - the failure to learn anything.

teesdale99
11-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Dann over Sakho? Jesus Christ I hope not.
So do I, but I have a feeling that there is a misguided sense amongst managers that he is a 'leader'

CharlieCPFC
11-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Hennessey

TFM
Tomkins
Sakho
Schlupp

Luka
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Sako
Zaha

Schlupps been criticised in recent times and rightly so but some people have short memeories how good he was last season on his day. Confidence is playing a big part and we need to regain that.

Riedewald will provide a good defensive base with Luka whilst providing a good option when with the ball.

Hennessey is shit but for me Jules age is catching up with him, based on what I saw in that pre season against Schalke. For me there's a reason why every manager has persisted with Hennessey.

JackTheBiscuit
11-10-2017, 02:28 PM
What we are seeing with PVA and Schlupp is how good a manager Big Sam was/is. All that crap about it was just Sakho that got him out of a hole.

Like Pulis he gets average players to play at their peak in a structured system. PVA has played his best under Sam at Sunderland and Palace - outside of those periods he has been shocking for both teams

Eaglez
11-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Jules

TFM
Tomkins
Sakho
Schlupp

Luka
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Delaney
Zaha

gilesy14
11-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Jules

TFM
Tomkins
Sakho
Schlupp

Luka
Riedewald
Cabaye

Townsend
Delaney
Zaha

Ha. You must've watched the QPR friendly!

Eaglez
11-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Ha. You must've watched the QPR friendly!

No mate. Just can't help but laugh now at our awful summer of transfers which has left us in this state.

Did he play up top against QPR?? Surely not?

gilesy14
11-10-2017, 05:43 PM
No mate. Just can't help but laugh now at our awful summer of transfers which has left us in this state.

Did he play up top against QPR?? Surely not?

Nah, was only joking!

Martin H
12-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Not sure if this is helpful but I woke up this morning straight after a dream in which we won 1-0. Woohoo! I can't be 100% sure that it was Chelsea but I have a feeling it was either them or Newcastle. A youngster played on one wing, either Lumeka or Lokilo. The ball bounced high in their 6 yard box and from amidst the ruck a Palace player jumped and just headed the ball backwards over the flailing arms of the keeper - yesssssss........!

My confidence in the accuracy of this was dented a little when the player emerging from the heap of players and running back to the line was no other that Vince Hilaire. :) :)

Couple of things :

- does he still have his boots?
- not sure Vince scored many with his head :(
- I have no track record of accurate predictive dreams
- I guess this might not be real huh?

stevek
12-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Listening to Andy Gray on the FYP podcast convinced me we should throw a centre back up front. I'd also be inclined not to risk Wilf unless we're absolutely sure he's 100% fit. Therefore I'd pick

Speroni
Fosu-Mensah Tomkins Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka Reidewald
Townsend Sako
Dann

Hitchin Eagle
12-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Listening to Andy Gray on the FYP podcast convinced me we should throw a centre back up

Like they do in line-outs in Rugby?

hihi
13-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Actually think Delaney at cf is not a bad shout. At least he would mix it up with their defenders, has a good shot on him, and is good in the air, as our only chance of scoring is from a set piece. He wouldn't have to run around a lot, just stay around the box. As we saw against Moan U, Sako continually drifted out to the wing, leaving no one in the centre

mushroom
13-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Actually think Delaney at cf is not a bad shout. At least he would mix it up with their defenders, has a good shot on him, and is good in the air, as our only chance of scoring is from a set piece. He wouldn't have to run around a lot, just stay around the box. As we saw against Moan U, Sako continually drifted out to the wing, leaving no one in the centre

Yea.... also if they hold a high line, he can sit on the last defenderís shoulder, and get on the end of some through balls.

Iíve always liked the idea of Punch at Centre Half... especially against teams that go long.

Mr Palace
13-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Any talk of playing a centre back up front in the premier league front is bonkers.

I doubt he will score but why not star Ladapo and just ask him to run the channels, close down their defenders and make a nuisance of himself? Jerome used to do that to good effect for us.

nicknackpalace
13-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Any talk of playing a centre back up front in the premier league front is bonkers.

I doubt he will score but why not star Ladapo and just ask him to run the channels, close down their defenders and make a nuisance of himself? Jerome used to do that to good effect for us.

true but when he went up front towards the end of one of our earlier matches dann looked more capable of winning the ball in the area and knocking it down to a palace player than benteke did!

Mr Palace
13-10-2017, 12:24 PM
true but when he went up front towards the end of one of our earlier matches dann looked more capable of winning the ball in the area and knocking it down to a palace player than benteke did!

I admit that benteke's movement has been non-existent but playing a defender up there just feels desperate - though I suppose we are! I can see why you might do it for the last five minutes when you're chasing a game but I wouldn't start that way.

Ladapo will save us :D

Hector
13-10-2017, 01:25 PM
In light of recent news

Speroni

TFM Dann Sakho PVA

Luka Reidewald

Townsend Cabaye Puncheon

Sako

Thefunkymonk
13-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Speroni
TFM Dann sakho pva
Luka reidewald
Zaha cabaye Townsend
Sako

Eagleinmk
13-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Speroni
TFM Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp PVA
Luka Cabaye reidewald Puncheon

Should play the new 6-4-0 formation for this one and try and scrap an exciting 0-0

EagleSE24
13-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Sako a doubt? Wonder if that was reported at the non-broadcast portion of the press conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/13/crystal-palace-chelsea-match-preview

Mr Palace
13-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Sako - you couldn't make it up.

aj4england
13-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Jules, Ward, Tomkins/Dann Sakho Schlup, Tim, Luka , Cabaye, Jairo, Wilf , Andros.

PVA , Macca and central defender up front on Sako for subs.

glaziers fan
13-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Did you miss when PvA got injured last season? Had we only signed one, we'd have been completely f*cked. So you're talking nonsense.

Schlupp did very well last season, winning a pen and helping to keep clean sheets. PVA was less impressive, but without his crucial goal with right foot in a scrappy 1-0 win (Boro?) we might have gone down. Timing is everything. Both have played their part. And worth every penny of their transfer fees

glaziers fan
13-10-2017, 02:58 PM
-------------------Speroni------------------------
TFM------Dann--------------Sakho---------PVA
--------Milivojevic----------Riedewald------------
Townsend---------Cabaye-------------Sako
----------------------Zaha------------------------

-------------------------Speroni------------------------
TFM------------Dann----------------Sakho---------PVA
Townsend----Milivojevic-----------Cabaye----Riedewald
------------------Zaha----------------Sako----------------

Sako and Zaha can swap positions in either formation. Riedewald to cover midfield and also their right wing back; Townsend to help with Alonso. I favour Zaha more advanced, especially as it means he will have less running and tracking back to do on his return, plus more of a threat. Will be annoyed if he plays right wing and Townsend left wing as per Guardian's suggestion.

CaterhamEagle
13-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Speroni
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka Riedewald
Townsend Ladapo Sako

Subs:
GK?, Ward, Dann, Schlupp, Puncheon, McaArthur, Wilf

exiledeagle
13-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Was Dann on any of the training videos ?

glaziers fan
13-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Speroni
TFM Tomkins Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka Riedewald
Townsend Ladapo Sako

Subs:
GK?, Ward, Dann, Schlupp, Puncheon, McaArthur, Wilf

Chelsea are beatable without Kante and Morata. Let's at least test them!

bigend1
13-10-2017, 06:39 PM
--------------------------Hennessey----------------------------

With the exception of Dann lots and lots of pace on the break

bigend1
13-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Photos I think but wouldn't swear to it

Alfonso
13-10-2017, 06:55 PM
---------------- Speroni ------------------
Fosu-Mensah - Sakho - Tomkins - van Aanholt
------- Milivojević - Riedewald -----------
------ Townsend - Cabaye - Schlupp --------
------------------ Sako -------------------

MFBias
13-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Doesnt matter what team you pitch, Jason Punchoen will be the first name on the team sheet.

bodger
13-10-2017, 07:14 PM
JS if WH is unfit
FM Tomkins Sakho PVA or Schlupp toss a coin
Luka Riedwald
Zaha Cabaye McArthur AT

cpfcfan1
13-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Speroni

Tfm tomkins sakho schlupp

Cabaye milo riderwield

Zaha sako townsend

16eagles
13-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Said this many times before but people are still putting weird formations.
Roy plays with 2 strict bank of 4. Wont be anything else.

Probable team:
-----------Speroni-----
TFM-Tomkins-Sakho-Schulp
Tow'end-Mili-Cabaye-Puncheon
----------McCaurtur------------
------------Zaha---------------

glaziers fan
13-10-2017, 08:06 PM

Probable team:
-----------Speroni-----
TFM-Tomkins-Sakho-Schulp

Was 4-1-4-1 vs Man Utd. FYI.

bigend1
13-10-2017, 08:33 PM

Probable team:
-----------Speroni-----
TFM-Tomkins-Sakho-Schulp

Played diamonds with England etc

Think he plays to the strengths of the players to hand. Hopefully/thankfully

16eagles
13-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Was 4-1-4-1 vs Man Utd. FYI.

Ok fair enough was out country would like to see the average formation of team for that day.
Who played in so called Anchor role?

16eagles
13-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Played diamonds with England etc

Think he plays to the strengths of the players to hand. Hopefully/thankfully

I agree. Yeah he won't do that with us. Players are saying its this luckily.

NorthPalace23
13-10-2017, 09:14 PM
What are the chances of Bakary Sako starting?

I have him in my fantasy league team (mad I know) and need to know if it's worth putting him in!

Kai
14-10-2017, 06:52 AM
Bakary Sako will start. We have no one else

MFBias
14-10-2017, 07:17 AM
I agree. Yeah he won't do that with us. Players are saying its this luckily.

Rather than impose a system that doenst suit the players, who would do that?

Cpfcbob
14-10-2017, 08:48 AM
---------------------------Speroni--------------------------------

--TFM------Dann/Delaney-------Sakho-------------schlupp----

----------------------Luka----------Cabaye-----------------------
-Townsend----------------------------------------------PVA------

------------------<--zaha------>---------------------------------
----------------------------Bakary--------------------------------

Cpfcbob
14-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Or

---------------------------Speroni--------------------------------

--TFM------Dann/Delaney---------Sakho-------------schlupp--

------------------------------Luka--------------------------------

---------------------Cabaye---------Punch-----------------------
-Townsend----------------------------------------------PVA------

------------------------------zaha---------------------------------

16eagles
14-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Rather than impose a system that doenst suit the players, who would do that?

I don't think Roy is asking to much for the players to play a 4411 system. Yes we haven't got a striker but that effects every formation unless we play with false 9 but again haven't got that player maybe Will!

Worksop Palace
14-10-2017, 09:31 AM
If punch starts, I think I will cry

glaziers fan
14-10-2017, 10:01 AM
----------------------------Speroni----------------------------
TFM-----------Dann---------------------Sakho--------------PVA
---------------------------Milivojevic----------------------------
-----------------------------Zaha---------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

4-1-5-0 formation (Zaha playing as a false 9, running the channels to get at their outside centre backs).

1) TFM to tuck in and get close to Hazard
2) Riedewald to help Sako and PVA with Moses
3) Cabaye to press, especially when Fabregas has the ball
4) Milivojevic to hold his position, and help the shape
5) Zaha to run the channels from deep, especially inside right to get at Cahill (with Townsend pushing forward to help expose him).

glaziers fan
14-10-2017, 10:01 AM
If punch starts, I think I will cry

Get ready to cry then! I'm sure he will.

Chris K
14-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Speroni

Tfm tomkins sakho schlupp

Cabaye milo riderwield

Zaha sako townsend

Agreed

CPFC since 1989
14-10-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm calling the draw

Martin H
14-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Thought he was on the early one but didn't see him on the last one. Don't think Sako or Cabaye were on the first but half remember Dann being on it. The former 2 were on the latest vid. Think Roy said Bakary had just returned to full training.

Couple of thoughts prompted by the latest video:

Sakho is always gasping for air in all of the videos so far and looks far from match fit unless its a coincidence that they catch him immediately after a really tough session. Bit worrying :( - hasn't captured any of last year's form yet - hopefully that starts today.

Wilf looks in good shape BTW he is moving and holding himself. Has a header (over the bar) and as I can't remember ever seeing a header from him previously, maybe a hint that he is preparing for that central role.

Jairo - there is a nice shot of him receiving the ball and changing direction in one move. This is a bit of a stretch but it reminded me that he has that really good balance, touch and composure that top players have. No guarantees but he certainly has the raw ingredients. Its the same with Reuben too obviously. Would love to see the 3 of them build some sort of partnership. Chuck Cabaye into that mix and it could be very exciting moving the ball from front to back. That assumes they can all stay fit. With the pace of Timbo behind them too, and a fit Sakho - surely we have a nucleus for something. But no fuffing strikers and poor keeper options and some flaky full backs combine will make it hit and miss. If we have everyone fit then must starting racking up some points.

Chris K
14-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Possibly the most important goal scored by Wilf was a header

aj4england
14-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Jules, Ward, Tomkins/Dann Sakho Schlup, Tim, Luka , Cabaye, Jairo, Wilf , Andros.

PVA , Macca and central defender up front on Sako for subs.

Well at least I got the front two right ! Roy and Me understand systems !