If or when we get relegated

Will it be trips to millwall and Sunny se16

Will it be a full midweek fixture list

Will it be less tv coverage

Will it be able to watch everyone complete at the same level

Will it be the new ground :-)

Will it be losing the plastics

Will it be signing more players from margate

What are you looking forward to the most if we get relegated ?

Benzhiyi
30-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Wayne Hennessey breaking our all-time 'most capped player' record, which he's on pace to do early next season. Quite incredible when you think about it.

Green Bin
30-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Wayne Hennessey breaking our all-time 'most capped player' record, which he's on pace to do early next season. Quite incredible when you think about it.

I think WH is out of contract at the end of the season, only a moron would extend it.....

CP-RJW
30-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Will probably be at a northern uni next season so lots of away days.

danpalace07
30-09-2017, 05:42 PM
I think WH is out of contract at the end of the season, only a moron would extend it.....

step forward St Stevie...

JDawg
30-09-2017, 06:04 PM
It will be shit. Virgin Trains have taken over the East Coast line and have whacked up the prices. So away days no cheaper in the Championship so whats the point?4

jaspercpfc
30-09-2017, 06:14 PM
The end of the tourists
The end of the Yank fan base being able to access our games
The end of half & half scarves
Revisiting 80 second clips on championship on 5 with expert analysis from Chris Illuemo
Being able to get served more efficiently at local watering holes
Opportunity to see some local kids blooded again
Get served with some value for money
The opportunity to return to football fans rather than customers.
Listening to some goon singing "is that all you take away" or "did you come by minibus" when Burton bring 189 fans on a cold Tuesday evening.

NRM the 2nd
30-09-2017, 06:22 PM
The real football feel again and not the soap opera of the premier league.

TheMexicanHorse
30-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Probably the away games

Much I love Palace in the EPL, away games are shite now let’s be honest, doesn’t help we have the most plastic fan base in the league but when you have people ask you who Alan lee is at arsenal away you know you have problems.

Sheffield clubs, Leeds, Derby, Forest = all belting away days

Ruskin Old Boy
30-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Shrewsbury doing well in League 1 this season. Nice to check out their new ground. Even better if Rochdale could get out of League 1.

PeterH
30-09-2017, 06:27 PM
doesn’t help we have the most plastic fan base in the league

?

lee_cpfc
30-09-2017, 06:40 PM
The ability to rock up at any away game without a ticket and then stand where you want.
Millwall and other local derbies
Less tourists
More of a laugh
Might actually win a few games at home. What’s our home record over the past four years?
South London and proud lol

30-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Guaranteed every game of ours on TV for those of not always to make it over matches
When we do get over for games, less jcl "tourists" taking up tickets/seats.

prizesucker
30-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Capt Corporate / tourists going elsewhere

& opposition sides giving the ball away as much as we do

Ryan_the_eagle
30-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Shipping out the overpaid players that have got us into tis position in the first place. Hopefully the board will learn from the mistakes and even if it takes 10 years to get back up won't make them again.

Jarvis cpfc
30-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Losing the plastics for me. Nothing like a relegation to weed out Premier League fans and part timers. Then you're left with the true supporters.

Cally
30-09-2017, 07:42 PM
The deadwood clearout at long last, please god, to rid the club of the ghost of arrogant Pardew.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
30-09-2017, 07:55 PM
We renewed his contract at some point between near the end of last season/ before the start of this one.

He would have been out of contract last summer but we re-signed him. Probably has another 3 years I would guess.

Windsor_Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:02 PM
IF this season comes to relegation (and despite everything a number of you need to dig in to your never say die attitude), then I am hoping we get the recriminations out of the way during this season, offload players who have lost all spirit and belief and can start afresh with a new(ish) team, some hungry kids vying for a place and fans reconnected with the club.

Fed up of the noise associated with the EPL. Load of bollocks.

Yoda
30-09-2017, 08:03 PM
The deadwood clearout at long last, please god, to rid the club of the ghost of arrogant Pardew.

Why would other clubs take them, especially on the Prem wages we’re paying?

We’ll have to subsidise their wages at least,

Penstone Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Being able to park nearer the ground will be great. Too many midweek games at a stupid ko time for my liking really, but a better atmosphere.

Penstone Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Why would we clear out championship quality players? Because that's what we have a lot of.

the drexciyan
30-09-2017, 08:15 PM
No more tourists wondering what colour we're playing in

I can get a ticket

We will play games where we have more than 28% possession

We will win a few more games (I may be making that up)

We have a chance of winning / getting out of the league we're in

No more dodgy foreign sponsors who wouldn't know our club from Brighton

Heath eagle
30-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Getting rid of the toxic poison gutless overpaid players we have , and getting some in who actually care again (bar wilf )

Heath eagle
30-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Oh and I actually like this thread in a strange way

mrB
30-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Prices - able to attend more game again

But if rather we stayed up

CharlieCPFC
30-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Would not phase me in the slightest going down. As long as we remain competitive and reinvest the money that we'd get from sales of Zaha in particular I'm content. I'd love to see Luka stay and rebuild the team around him. The man is a leader and a class act technically.

Lingfield Eagle
30-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Reading this thread I'm actually quite looking forward to playing in the Championship next year. It's just the journey to get there this year that's depressing.

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 09:07 PM
I think WH is out of contract at the end of the season, only a moron would extend it.....3 year deal it will be then

TheMexicanHorse
30-09-2017, 09:10 PM
Prices - able to attend more game again

But if rather we stayed up

'Eh? It's more expensive in the Championship ticket price wise...

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Oh and I actually like this thread in a strange wayLol

Skiddo
30-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Reading this thread I'm actually quite looking forward to playing in the Championship next year. It's just the journey to get there this year that's depressing.

I think a lot of people are kidding themselves into some misty eyed nostalgia about the Championship days when in reality our current situation is like the Lotto Lout from years ago who blew all his winnings smashing up Jags in the back yard of his mansion and had to go back to working as a dustman.

Zaha11
30-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Awful mindsets in here. I'd much rather be an established Premier League club than be in the ******* Championship

Oli28
30-09-2017, 09:53 PM
'Eh? It's more expensive in the Championship ticket price wise...
Aways maybe, but I doubt even Parish would have the cheek to charge £50 for a seat in the main stand when we're playing QPR next season

Zohar's Penalty
30-09-2017, 09:59 PM
Yeah let's all pretend we'll enjoy going down and it's for the best. FFS -It will be ******* shit. Yet more shit after the run of 6 wins in 2016 and the current shit. This club has been a disgrace for two years now. Being able to park my car easier ain't gonna cheer me up.

Oli28
30-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Not going to Old Trafford and the Etihad each season.

I had a seat fairly near the front today and nobody around appeared to have any interest at all in the game. Certainly weren't Palace fans and were presumably comps. Not really what you want next to you at an away game and I'll be glad to see the back of all that next season.

Thefunkymonk
30-09-2017, 10:01 PM
We’d be ****ed if we went down.. proper ****ed

aj4england
30-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Nothing. No Wilf. No good players. 3 years in the champ wasting parachute payments with still no academy or ground improvements. Its the palace rollercoaster. Theres no point fighting it

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 10:05 PM
We’d be ****ed if we went down.. proper ****edSo you will look forward to being f***ed ?

Thefunkymonk
30-09-2017, 10:07 PM
So you will look forward to being f***ed ?

No. There won’t be much to look forward to imo

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 10:08 PM
Margate must be due to release some players soon

Oli28
30-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Yeah let's all pretend we'll enjoy going down and it's for the best. FFS -It will be ******* shit. Yet more shit after the run of 6 wins in 2016 and the current shit. This club has been a disgrace for two years now. Being able to park my car easier ain't gonna cheer me up.
It's shit at the moment and has been for some time. I don't recall a time that I've been this apathetic about the club. I live less than a mile from Old Trafford and at 1pm today I was in two minds about whether I could be bothered to use the ticket I'd bought.

It'll be a shame to lose Wilf (although he'll be off regardless) but there's not one other player I'd miss watching. Everything about the club at the moment is just so poor at the moment; be that to do with the players, the fans or those making the decisions.

As above, there are some great away trips in the championship. The last two Saturdays I've watched us ship 9 goals and not look much like scoring one ourselves. If the alternative is watching a set of players who look like they give a shit putting in a decent performance at places like Forest, Derby etc alongside actual Palace fans then id take that all day.

November85
30-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Playing in a league where you genuinely have no idea who's going to win it at the start of the season.

ebyeeckeagle
30-09-2017, 10:21 PM

We've been in the second division for majority if my years, so Meh.

You contradict yourself by saying how shit it will be, yet the last 2 years in the Prem have been shit also?

There's been the odd great result. But apart from the cup final, what really has it given us? No ground development and a poorer academy. Slightly better training facilities.

But what has it really given say West Brom? Or some such? Unless you've been on a Euro run, bugger all really. I'm not having a Curbishley moment, but genuinely there has to be more to this bollocks than finishing 12th-17th.

TeamSlack
30-09-2017, 10:23 PM
Next week will be just as bad. You're not losing this yank tourist. I feel it will be another surprising season when players become healthy, and there's another window. It'll be amazing. I don't care. I love the whole thing.

richdeniro
30-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Team for the Championship?

----------------- Hennessey ------------------

Ward ------ Kelly ------- Delaney ---- Schlupp

----------- McArthur ------- Mutch ----------

Sako ------------- Williams -------------- Lee

-------------------- Ladapo --------------------

palacelad197o
30-09-2017, 10:27 PM
Playing in a league where you genuinely have no idea who's going to win it at the start of the season.Spot on look at reading this season yet last season they was a penalty away from. The premiership

Chobham Eagle
30-09-2017, 10:28 PM

You contradict yourself by saying how shit it will be, yet the last 2 years in the Prem have been shit also?

There's been the odd great result. But apart from the cup final, what really has it given us? No ground development and a poorer academy. Slightly better training facilities.

But what has it really given say West Brom? Or some such? Unless you've been on a Euro run, bugger all really. I'm not having a Curbishley moment, but genuinely there has to be more to this bollocks than finishing 12th-17th.

Quite right.

Zohar's Penalty
30-09-2017, 10:31 PM

Been the second division for most of mine too.

I want to win a trophy, get to another final, get into Europe, get the ground sorted. I don't just want to give up and enjoy playing Preston and Burton Albion cos that's 'proper' football.

We've ballsed up a massive chance to establish ourselves out of shear incompetence.

Die hard Hoj
30-09-2017, 11:54 PM
FFS you tarts! There will be 30 games to go after Chelsea we're only 4pts adrift and your all throwing the towel in, man up the tide will turn. And if it don't we'll start again next year, that's why we're Palace.

PeterH
01-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Awful mindsets in here. I'd much rather be an established Premier League club than be in the ******* Championship

Mmmm. So would we all, but that is not going to happen. SP threw that chance away in the summer.

bubbs11
01-10-2017, 12:01 AM
I know this is the opposite to the thread title, and I don't want to push any older Palace fans over the edge tonight...

But have you seen who's top of League 1 with a good chance of being a Championship club next season? :eek:

https://image.ibb.co/kPCpLb/IMG_3304.jpg (https://ibb.co/cRo76G)
post picture to web (https://imgbb.com/)

Purepalace
01-10-2017, 12:03 AM
I know this is the opposite to the thread title, and I don't want to push any older Palace fans over the edge tonight...

But have you seen who's top of League 1 with a good chance of being a Championship club next season?

https://image.ibb.co/cm4rYw/IMG_3304.png (https://ibb.co/jijrYw)
post picture to web (https://imgbb.com/)

:D

Braintree Eagle
01-10-2017, 12:11 AM

My god. How depressing. But sadly possible.

Kosowski
01-10-2017, 01:06 AM
My god. How depressing. But sadly possible.

That team would be fighting relegation.

JJ
01-10-2017, 01:36 AM
I'm looking forward to not getting up at stupid o'clock to watch our games.

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2017, 01:44 AM
The end of the tourists
The end of the Yank fan base being able to access our games
The end of half & half scarves
Revisiting 80 second clips on championship on 5 with expert analysis from Chris Illuemo
Being able to get served more efficiently at local watering holes
Opportunity to see some local kids blooded again
Get served with some value for money
The opportunity to return to football fans rather than customers.
Listening to some goon singing "is that all you take away" or "did you come by minibus" when Burton bring 189 fans on a cold Tuesday evening.

Glass half full but yep.

Pointsforprizes
01-10-2017, 02:35 AM
I have been supporting palace since 2012 and that year in the championship was by far more enjoyable than any premier league season!

GorBlimey
01-10-2017, 03:03 AM
I have been supporting palace since 2012 and that year in the championship was by far more enjoyable than any premier league season!

If you're 57 but have only been a supporter for 5 years, have you only just discovered football?

CharlieCPFC
01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
If we manage to stay up with the current regime in place amongst the hierarchy we've seen it will be the same shit every year. Stay up with a struggle, the board will make a couple of decisions to appease the fans but fail to ultimately push us on with key positions need filling. Resigning Zaha on loan, renewing his contract, paying £28M for Benteke (after receiving £30M for Bolasie) and signing Sakho are all ultimately fan appeasing decisions. There's just no long term thought process or ambition how to build the club and turn it into a long term established premier league club.

Pistol Knight
01-10-2017, 07:11 AM
It's shit at the moment and has been for some time. I don't recall a time that I've been this apathetic about the club. I live less than a mile from Old Trafford and at 1pm today I was in two minds about whether I could be bothered to use the ticket I'd bought.

It'll be a shame to lose Wilf (although he'll be off regardless) but there's not one other player I'd miss watching. Everything about the club at the moment is just so poor at the moment; be that to do with the players, the fans or those making the decisions.

As above, there are some great away trips in the championship. The last two Saturdays I've watched us ship 9 goals and not look much like scoring one ourselves. If the alternative is watching a set of players who look like they give a shit putting in a decent performance at places like Forest, Derby etc alongside actual Palace fans then id take that all day.

Strong words for you Oli
my thoughts entirely

Yoda
01-10-2017, 07:26 AM

We are you assuming the club would spend none of the money received for Benteke, Sakho, Zaha, Townsend, Dann, Tompkins etc?

Kai
01-10-2017, 07:39 AM

That team will be in League One by Christmas :sob:

bradpitt
01-10-2017, 07:51 AM
Getting rid of this wretched bunch of players and starting afresh

Mr Bo Jangles
01-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Getting rid of players like Benteke, PVA, Mutch and several others who just don't want to be here and do not earn the ridiculous amounts of money we are paying them.

Personally think the likes of Dann, Sakho, Tomkins, Luka, JMc will stay. Think we will lose Cabaye (totally unsuited to championship) Benteke (no loss) and Zaha (tragic loss). Townsend may well want out, which should net us somewhere in the region of £80-100 million. Buy a new keeper, new winger and new striker (please Mr Parish), which for championship quality players hopefully we could pick up for £30-40 million.

Whilst I think we will still manage to waste our transfer budget again, there may be some hope if we could recruit the right players, get rid of the deadwood and keep some of the players who actually want to be here and play for the shirt and hopefully give some youth players a chance.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 08:26 AM
Nothing absolutely nothing.

will be back to drunken afternoons watching crap football

WorthingEagle
01-10-2017, 08:27 AM

As opposed to the free-flowing champagne stuff we've seen in the last five years? :D

Maiden Eagle
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM

TBF, we've been mostly watching pretty cr*p Football at SP, for the past 2/3 seasons.