PDA

View Full Version : Something is rotten at the club

Pages : [1] 2

Billy Rhino
01-10-2017, 02:09 AM
Now I have defended Parish against a lot of the trolls on here and have tried to keep a balanced view as much as I can, however a small rumour I've heard tonight (which is probably rubbish anyway) has just pushed me over the edge. If it's true it will unfortunately prove all the anti Parish brigade right so I hope to god it's not, however if it is then I will lose any respect I have for him.

I don't want to give details in case they're not true it but it falls along the lines of him wanting out, which we probably all knew anyway, but more the way he has been going about it.

Regardless, things really stink at the club right now and something major needs to happen to change it.

cpfc4evandeva
01-10-2017, 02:16 AM
Don't fancy sharing what you heard?

Seagulleater
01-10-2017, 02:20 AM
I just wish he would come out and explain what the hell is going on, why no players in the transfer window, the FDB saga, come on SP spill the beans.....................SGE

Pointsforprizes
01-10-2017, 02:31 AM
The club is a joke inside and out. Parish played all his aces and jokers a long time ago and his luck has finally run out!

Pointsforprizes
01-10-2017, 02:32 AM

Pointsforprizes
01-10-2017, 02:32 AM

RisZero
01-10-2017, 02:36 AM
Welcome Tony Adams :clown:

mcmean
01-10-2017, 02:43 AM
What’s the point of starting a thread without sharing the details of ‘what you’ve heard’. It’s beyond me

jimmy the gent
01-10-2017, 03:23 AM
can someone explain the point of this thread? Either share the rumour or don't. Why start a thread about 'how concerned' you are without giving the details. Grandstanding?

eagle-leg
01-10-2017, 03:25 AM
Pushed over the edge by a rumour that you think is probably rubbish anyway :rolleyes:

lombardo7
01-10-2017, 04:03 AM
Drama Queen!

the drexciyan
01-10-2017, 05:17 AM
can someone explain the point of this thread? Either share the rumour or don't. Why start a thread about 'how concerned' you are without giving the details. Grandstanding?

Agree.

H.Bomb
01-10-2017, 05:43 AM
Now I have defended Parish against a lot of the trolls on here and have tried to keep a balanced view as much as I can, however a small rumour I've heard tonight (which is probably rubbish anyway) has just pushed me over the edge. If it's true it will unfortunately prove all the anti Parish brigade right so I hope to god it's not, however if it is then I will lose any respect I have for him.

I don't want to give details in case they're not true it but it falls along the lines of him wanting out, which we probably all knew anyway, but more the way he has been going about it.

Regardless, things really stink at the club right now and something major needs to happen to change it.

Ridiculous thread.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 05:50 AM
Billy - journo mate of mine has been hinting at much the same! Remember how a Parish got hold of the club...!

Ralph
01-10-2017, 05:55 AM
Essentially for those that want to hear the "rumour" I've heard is that Parish either wants out or wants the Yanks out.

He's really struggling to lead the club the way he wants and has gotten himself in a position whereby most decisions at the club are being made to prove the other party wrong or make life difficult for them.

Journo mate of mine is angling that Parish is prepared to let the club tank so that the Yanks sell their share cheap.

HRP
01-10-2017, 05:58 AM
Essentially for those that want to hear the "rumour" I've heard is that Parish either wants out or wants the Yanks out.

He's really struggling to lead the club the way he wants and has gotten himself in a position whereby most decisions at the club are being made to prove the other party wrong or make life difficult for them.

Journo mate of mine is angling that Parish is prepared to let the club tank so that the Yanks sell their share cheap.

Exactly , so Parish has 100% overall control of the club , and what a cluster**** that would be. Might as well name it Steve Parish FC

doogleboy
01-10-2017, 06:00 AM
The sammy lee comments seem to back this up. Parish out

mroakley9
01-10-2017, 06:06 AM

Well it's nice to hear the club is being run by responsible, mature adults

laths
01-10-2017, 06:06 AM
The time we know any snippets of what’s been going on it will be too late anyway. I would have loved to know what Sammy Lee told Ronald Koeman over dinner the other day .
The more bullshlt that comes from SP mouth the more I’m disliking him.
He should have fooked off Dragons Den, clearly he sees himself as a celebrity .
Just lay the facts into the open, I could take any crap news over this smoke and mirrors nonsense.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Well it's nice to hear the club is being run by responsible, mature adults

I would add that this from a barrage of texts from a mate (who is a journo) who knows I support Palace and does love to wind me up.

He did however confirm Warnock (both times) and Allardyce both joining and leaving well in advance.

Oh and he was behind a big story about a Premier League Manager having an affair and texting about his boring training sessions too.

Eagle's Nest
01-10-2017, 06:10 AM
I'd be interested to hear exactly what the Americans have done at Palace since they arrived.

bubbs11
01-10-2017, 06:11 AM

What did Sammy say?

*edit: just seen other thread*

Ralph
01-10-2017, 06:14 AM
What did Sammy say?

Nothing publicly.

Koeman had dinner with him and then said that Everton need to be patient and not "do a Palace" as from what Lee told him we're a shambles.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 06:18 AM
I'd be interested to hear exactly what the Americans have done at Palace since they arrived.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-pattern-deceit-begins-and-ends-owner-josh-harris/amp/

Eagle's Nest
01-10-2017, 06:23 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-pattern-deceit-begins-and-ends-owner-josh-harris/amp/

This all coincided with their arrival.

We should be supporting Parish against the Americans.

Bipe
01-10-2017, 06:28 AM
Sounds like it's potentially a similar situation to what Liverpool had when the relationship between Hicks and Gillette broke down.

Hope it's not true.

Not sure I could stand the sight of Simon Jordan watching on smugly from the sidelines.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Sounds like it's potentially a similar situation to what Liverpool had when the relationship between Hicks and Gillette broke down.

Hope it's not true.

Not sure I could stand the sight of Simon Jordan watching on smugly from the sidelines.

You do realise Harris and Blitzer are just the new front for Jordan don't you???

(That one is not from my journo mate!)

Neckinger Eagle
01-10-2017, 06:40 AM

For starters, if the owners are not united in the Palace cause then it is bad news whoever you support. It can only damage the club. I don't support Parish, I don't support the Americans, I support Palace.

The owners need to behave like responsible adults.

If this tittle tattle is true then it is a shocking betrayal.

Winny
01-10-2017, 07:19 AM
I would add that this from a barrage of texts from a mate (who is a journo) who knows I support Palace and does love to wind me up.

He did however confirm Warnock (both times) and Allardyce both joining and leaving well in advance.

Oh and he was behind a big story about a Premier League Manager having an affair and texting about his boring training sessions too.

Can you ask him whether the sun will come up tomorrow?

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Totally untrue

west eagle
01-10-2017, 07:30 AM
so salako a few weeks back now Lee ??

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:33 AM
so salako a few weeks back now Lee ??

Firstly we have no idea what Lee said and secondly both these individuals have an incentive to paint the club in a poor light.

Levski
01-10-2017, 07:37 AM
This is why I voted "strongly against" on that poll years ago about the Americans coming in. A private equity model to run a football club has failed every time its been tried.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Firstly we have no idea what Lee said and secondly both these individuals have an incentive to paint the club in a poor light.

ok. so why did Lee leave, hasn't really been explained why he'd rather be unemployed?

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Totally untrue

You know this how ?

Usual bullshit spring forth

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:42 AM
You know this how ?

How was the party?

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:43 AM
ok. so why did Lee leave, hasn't really been explained why he'd rather be unemployed?

He was told their was no role for him under Roy.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 07:45 AM
He was told their was no role for him under Roy.

by who? Roy would rather Steven Reid??

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:46 AM
by who? Roy would rather Steven Reid??

By Steve obviously. Roy had Ray Lew and wanted to bring Steven Reid in as well.

Interesting that Popovic is leaving West Sydney to "pursue coaching options overseas".

TheCharmer1
01-10-2017, 07:49 AM

What sammy lee comments ?

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:50 AM
What sammy lee comments ?

They mean Ronald Koeman's comments in which he claimed Sammy Lee had suggested that things were not good behind the scenes.

Wolfnipplechips
01-10-2017, 07:50 AM
I've only been a participant on this site for a few years.....

BUT

This is without doubt the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 07:51 AM

Interesting that Popovic is leaving West Sydney to "pursue coaching options overseas".

don't know if Reid is the next big thing but from the outside Lee looks like the better option, but then its upto Roy I guess.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:52 AM
I've only been a participant on this site for a few years.....

BUT

This is without doubt the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.

Quite

This idea that there's something "rotten" going on because we've lost a few football matches to teams that are far, far better than us (in the last couple of weeks) is ridiculous.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:52 AM
don't know if Reid is the next big thing but from the outside Lee looks like the better option, but then its upto Roy I guess.

Exactly.

Steve was also clear on HOL radio that he felt keeping Sam on to work with FdeB had been a mistake in hindsight.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 07:53 AM
You know this how ?

In fairness I'm only posting what a friend sent me. Could be a joke or it could be 2+2=5 or it could be spot on.

Just interested to hear if the OPs insinuation of a story matches the one I posted, then I might believe there's some truth in it.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 07:55 AM
In fairness I'm only posting what a friend sent me. Could be a joke or it could be 2+2=5 or it could be spot on.

Just interested to hear if the OPs insinuation of a story matches the one I posted, then I might believe there's some truth in it.

I should also say that I'm not criticising you for passing on what you've heard - I just know it not to be true.

917L
01-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Quite

This idea that there's something "rotten" going on because we've lost a few football matches to teams that are far, far better than us (in the last couple of weeks) is ridiculous.

But he's not just talking about a couple of weeks,

Huddersfield, Burnley, Swansea, Southampton......

IanH
01-10-2017, 08:03 AM
What a bombshell! Who would have guessed that the US and UK owners don't get along! A little clue might have been Parish's tweet about us all needing to stick together after Burnley only for De Boer to go in the morning. Let's not forget that Parish is a diehard Palace fan so it might just be that relegation and then a cheap buy out of the Yanks may be the only way forwards for the club long term. Although clearly Parish brought them in in the first place so it's his mess to clean up.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:04 AM
But he's not just talking about a couple of weeks,

Huddersfield, Burnley, Swansea, Southampton......

Yes I think most of us realise that period was shambolic largely due to the manager and his staff.

And yes, before anyone jumps, we all understand Steve hired him and therefore takes ultimate responsibility.

IanH
01-10-2017, 08:05 AM
Quite

Lol! How long have you been supporting Palace? Pardew? Worst team of all of the 92 league teams in 2016? 20 odd games without a win. Worst home form in the league for the last 2 seasons. A few football matches?!

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:05 AM
What a bombshell! Who would have guessed that the US and UK owners don't get along! A little clue might have been Parish's tweet about us all needing to stick together after Burnley only for De Boer to go in the morning. Let's not forget that Parish is a diehard Palace fan so it might just be that relegation and then a cheap buy out of the Yanks may be the only way forwards for the club long term. Although clearly Parish brought them in in the first place so it's his mess to clean up.

Steve decided De Boer had to go quite independently - you can be sure about that.

mroakley9
01-10-2017, 08:06 AM

gone to some random shitty turkish club

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Lol! How long have you been supporting Palace? Pardew? Worst team of all of the 92 league teams in 2016? 20 odd games without a win. Worst home form in the league for the last 2 seasons. A few football matches?!

No one said trying to survive and hopefully prosper in the PL was going to be easy for a club of our modest size.

01-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Whatís the point of starting a thread without sharing the details of Ďwhat youíve heardí. Itís beyond me

Attention seeking.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Again more navel gazing just seems like a waste of energy. We're in a tight spot, we all have a fair idea what the problems are and we all understand many of them cannot be rectified until Jan.

Our only option is to do everything we can to amass as many points as possible before Xmas.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Sounds too far-fetched for me.

Letting the club tank and get relegated could see us in admin again, surely no one would want that.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Again more navel gazing just seems like a waste of energy. We're in a tight spot, we all have a fair idea what the problems are and we all understand many of them cannot be rectified until Jan.

Our only option is to do everything we can to amass as many points as possible before Xmas.

Tight Spot?, not having a pop but this is a bit more than a tight spot

L'head Eagle
01-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Whatever the truth is, we are unlikely to find out, we can only draw conclusions from actual outcomes. Parish is difficult to believe as he is all PR spin and misdirection, any honesty he may have is hidden in the noise of BS. US investors just want to make money or if needed keep losses to a minimum and move onto to next investment. How to run a football club effectively has been forgotten by those up top and I fear it will take years to recover from this inevitable relegation. Unfortunately this will get worse, with figures like Freedman and the other band of merry men Parish has assembled, still about the spiral downwards will go on for a few years yet.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 08:13 AM
How was the party?

Yeah yeah yeah whatever. I've already said I'm having you about that you nonce so I suggest you don't make it worse for yourself

Anyway, try answering the question

How do you know it's not true ?

You don't

You're full of shit

Who knew

newish eagle
01-10-2017, 08:14 AM
This seasons Sunderland.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:18 AM
This seasons Sunderland.

I don't think so. Just hold your nerve.

bubbs11
01-10-2017, 08:19 AM
This seasons Sunderland.

A Liverpool fan mate of mine just sent me that exact text.

I'm still hopeful :)

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:20 AM

:supergrin: says the guy who has posted 14 times on this thread already.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Look at me everybody I know a secret.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 08:21 AM
A mate texted me this, which sort of brought it home a little...

Apple have launched 2 new iPhones since Palace last scored in the league

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:21 AM
:supergrin: says the guy who has posted 14 times on this thread already.

Don't get your point?

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:22 AM

North Korea have advanced their Nuclear program significantly since we last scored :D

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:24 AM

What a stupid point - bet you thought you were really clever when you posted that.

If Palace had failed to score in the week they released the new iPhone your point would still hold - and be equally pointless.

HRP
01-10-2017, 08:26 AM
and be equally pointless.

:hi::lux:

New LP
01-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Yes because everyone who questions the job Parish is doing is a troll.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Why?

thereichstuff
01-10-2017, 08:30 AM

Only some .

Sp1Eagle
01-10-2017, 08:31 AM
The day FDB was sacked, there was an article (can't find it now) which said Parish had been trying to sell the club on the quiet.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 08:32 AM
What a stupid point - bet you thought you were really clever when you posted that.

If Palace had failed to score in the week they released the new iPhone your point would still hold - and be equally pointless.

You're actually as thick as mince as well as a nonce aren't you ?

New LP
01-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Quite

If that was an accurate description of the situation which exists at the club then then it would indeed be ridiculous.

SE25 exile
01-10-2017, 08:36 AM
The day FDB was sacked, there was an article (can't find it now) which said Parish had been trying to sell the club on the quiet.

Makes sense. When you are likely to be relegated and have chaos within, and possibly a lot more on the horizon that SP can see, but we can't as yet, you need to cash in now, before the value deteriorates even further into the season.

gilesy14
This seasons Sunderland.

That's means one of our players is a nonce...

Reg_Maudling

what were the sammy lee comments?

edit: have just seen other thread

newish eagle
Really hope you're correct.

But from memory, I recall the Sunderland board failed to invest in the necessary areas pre season, and proceeded to sink like a stone getting defeated by all around them (early home defeats to Boro and us amongst others)? They also lost Big Sam at the end of the previous season.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Makes sense. When you are likely to be relegated and have chaos within, and possibly a lot more on the horizon that SP can see, but we can't as yet, you need to cash in now, before the value deteriorates even further into the season.

Don't get distracted by that rumour - not true in anyway.

Windsor_Eagle
01-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Sounds too far-fetched for me.

Letting the club tank and get relegated could see us in admin again, surely no one would want that.

This, really.

All sorts of outlandish rumours surface when things are inexplicably poor. Because everyone needs to find a simple, single reason to explain something otherwise too complex to explain.

These sorts of rumours need to be looked at rationally. Let's look at the claims individually.

1) The American's and Parish's relationship has broken down

Possible, certainly. However, other than rumour I can see no evidence that this is the case.

2) One party is keen to get out

Again, this is plausible. It is known that the American's are looking for a return and may be looking at cutting loses. This could also explain the rumours in the summer about Chinese buyers etc.

3) Because of 1 and 2 (above) decisions are being taken to piss off the other party and that Parish is willing to let the club tank in order to make the others sell at a knockdown price.

Eh? This makes no sense at all. Neither party gain from that. The club tanking means that outside buyers would either a) not bother buying at all or b) will offer far, far less than they'd get if the club was more competitive. It also flies in the face of £30m+ spend in the summer. What's more, Parish buying out the yanks at a cut down price in the championship serves him little purpose. Full ownership and cost of accruing a championship club on the decline with a high wage bill means that you are obtaining a huge liability at a premium with little to no chance of gaining anything from that. As much as he is a fan and there is a certain amount of hubris he surely takes from owning the club he loves - I can't see how that sequence of events benefits any party. At all.

That's not to say that there aren't issues at the club - I'm sure there are and to lessening degrees, there will be at all clubs. We must also be acutely aware that this 'noise' that I have spoken about before, manifests like this. As soon as a club has hit the buffers on the pitch a million and one rumours, half-truths and suggestions fill the air because everyone looks for an easy answer to what is probably a complex issue. The difficulty in this is separating fact from fiction. Only once results start improving does this noise disappear.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 08:40 AM
You're actually as thick as mince as well as a nonce aren't you ?

Did the Dominoes work?

Apple announced the release of both iPhones on 16 Sept (?) therefore it's hardly damning that we haven't scored in the last two weeks is it.

No wonder the north is totally ruined with idiots like you there. Don't worry the job centre will be open again in 24 hours.

Reg_Maudling
01-10-2017, 08:41 AM
i would like to know who wanted fdb because it didn't fit with all parish's previous comments about getting a PL experienced manager

Maz
01-10-2017, 08:42 AM
That's a fine analysis, Windsor.

In short 2+2 normally does not equal 5.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:42 AM
That's means one of our players is a nonce...

That word has appeared so many times on here over the last 24 hours.

Billy Rhino
01-10-2017, 08:44 AM

It's a similar story to your one and like I said it may or may not be true but it would explain a lot if it is. In hindsight I probably should've kept it to myself, it's like the chap who tweeted earlier in the summer that Parish hated FDB and was going to buy Sakho regardless, yet was slated for it.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:47 AM
It's a similar story to your one and like I said it may or may not be true but it would explain a lot if it is. In hindsight I probably should've kept it to myself, it's like the chap who tweeted earlier in the summer that Parish hated FDB and was going to buy Sakho regardless, yet was slated for it.

Was looking for that post but cant remember where is was. Would be interesting to tick off what came true.

west eagle
01-10-2017, 08:48 AM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but out with your story man, cats out of the bag now!

Windsor_Eagle
01-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Just to add that if one party is 'tanking' the club it would be much more likely to be the American's with the power balance in their favour and their track record of tanking in other sports. HOWEVER, the extremely high risk strategy with no clear reward remains in place. Given that they don't have the primary emotional attachment to the club and their motivations are financial, I cannot see that this is plausible at all really.

I'd actually be a little surprised if Parish and the American's aren't tetchy at the moment and if there aren't a few crossed words. Management figures at any company where there are real operational issues playing out is likely to produce quite fractious meetings. However, that does not then inevitably follow that these are indicative of acrimony at the top.

thereichstuff
01-10-2017, 08:53 AM
People will believe what they want .

spt1978
01-10-2017, 08:53 AM
Also, I hadn't seen this from Zaha on FdB:

Zaha believes De Boer was unfairly sacked and should have been given more time to coach Palace into his way of playing. The winger added: “I slightly think he should have got a bit more time, as it’s not easy to transition from how we used to play to the way we play now. But football is ruthless; if you’re not getting the results you get fired.”

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/crystal-palace-fc-exclusive-wilfried-zaha-tells-talksport-he-hoping-be-fit-chelsea-clash#xKKdsCZXV4PeQK2R.99

HRP
01-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Just to add that if one party is 'tanking' the club it would be much more likely to be the American's with the power balance in their favour and their track record of tanking in other sports. HOWEVER, the extremely high risk strategy with no clear reward remains in place. Given that they don't have the primary emotional attachment to the club and their motivations are financial, I cannot see that this is plausible at all really.

I'd actually be a little surprised if Parish and the American's aren't tetchy at the moment and if there aren't a few crossed words. Management figures at any company where there are real operational issues playing out is likely to produce quite fractious meetings. However, that does not then inevitably follow that these are indicative of acrimony at the top.

You slam other posters for posting rumours and untruths yet in your second line you spout crap about the Americans have the power balance . Your mate Parish has gone on record saying this isnít true and he has the backing of Browett how is still a part owner along with the other two of 2010.

Now either you are lying or Parish is?

Billy Rhino
01-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but out with your story man, cats out of the bag now!

I don't know where I stand legally with it so can't but if true we will all find out one day soon. It apparently came from a Palace director but I'm fully aware it could be bullshit.

What would you guys do if you got some info like this? I honestly don't give a shit about seeking attention.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 08:59 AM
You slam other posters for posting rumours and untruths yet in your second line you spout crap about the Americans have the power balance . Your mate Parish has gone on record saying this isn’t true and he has the backing of Browett how is still a part owner along with the other two of 2010.

The Yanks own 67%, now I don't know what's in the shareholder agreement but whatever it is at 67% I can't see them not having the last say.

Windsor's view is the logical one.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 09:00 AM
I don't know where I stand legally with it so can't but if true we will all find out one day soon. It apparently came from a Palace director but I'm fully aware it could be bullshit.

What would you guys do if you got some info like this? I honestly don't give a shit about seeking attention.

No one likely to take anything you say seriously so you're pretty safe, just say it.

little al
01-10-2017, 09:00 AM

I agree. Parish was brought into line by Browett, Hoskings and Long imho, and things were working fine, the yanks have screwed us. Parish isn't allowed to to do what he thinks is best, and is getting all the blame. Unfairly imho.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:01 AM
The Yanks own 67%, now I don't know what's in the shareholder agreement but whatever it is at 67% I can't see them not having the last say.

Windsor's view is the logical one.

Harris and Blitzer don't own anything like that. I understood it's 18-20% each in terms of equity. Of course they make up two thirds of the Board.

Windsor_Eagle
01-10-2017, 09:02 AM
You slam other posters for posting rumours and untruths yet in your second line you spout crap about the Americans have the power balance . Your mate Parish has gone on record saying this isnít true and he has the backing of Browett how is still a part owner along with the other two of 2010.

Nope - I suggested that IF the club was being tanked (and I laid out a reasoned response as to why that is very unlikely) that the American's would be more likely to be able to execute it than Parish. I don't think either party is trying to steer the club downwards - it is illogical.

But, do you deny that the holding company owned by the American's is the majority shareholder? They have the final say -no doubt.

Parish (I think) he a veto power and has been left the day to day running, but he is not the majority shareholder and IF things went acrimoniously they have a much greater chance of ousting Parish than Parish has of ousting them.

That (alongside my earlier reasoning) is why I am calling 'bullshit' on this particular rumour.

Unlike you, I don't have an ideological position. I do like Parish on the whole because he has, on the whole, been a big reason for 7 years of great success relative to the decade or more before. However, I also think that there are some big issues right now and that he's certainly got some stuff quite badly wrong. You, however, will selectively focus on any hints that confirm your pre-conceived thoughts on Parish.

Windsor_Eagle
01-10-2017, 09:06 AM
I agree. Parish was brought into line by Browett, Hoskings and Long imho, and things were working fine, the yanks have screwed us. Parish isn't allowed to to do what he thinks is best, and is getting all the blame. Unfairly imho.

I have absolutely no knowledge to support the assertion you make here. It, therefore must be treated suspiciously until proved to be the case. My own gut feeling is that there could be something in your take on it as the drop off in our performances etc tallies too perfectly with the investment and our change in approach.

However, I am sure it is more complex than just that and I am sure that SP has been as influential in terms of club direction as the American's. I think the stepping back of Browett, Long and Hosking has been significant. Perhaps the original dynamics of the board just worked better and kept the thinking more pragmatic. Who knows?

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Harris and Blitzer don't own anything like that. I understood it's 18-20% each in terms of equity. Of course they make up two thirds of the Board.

Palace Holdco own 67%, its Harris, Blitzer and their mates. Parish 18%, the other 3, 5% each.

Elgin posted on it sometime ago, that's just off the top of my head. There's another name missing with a small amount.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Palace Holdco own 67%, its Harris, Blitzer and their mates. Parish 18%, the other 3, 5% each.

Elgin posted on it sometime ago, that's just off the top of my head. There's another name missing with a small amount.

Harris and Blitzer are at 18% each of the Holdco equity. All other shareholders make up the rest. This doesn't mean that Harris and Blitzer have a controlling stake. In fact there is no UBO - which some think is good model and others don't.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 09:11 AM
from wiki,

Later company accounts showed that the ownership figures were: Steve Parish 18%, Steve Browett 5%, Jeremy Hosking 5% and Martin Long 2.5% with the remainder being owned by Palace Holdco LP (a limited partnership registered in Delaware) 67.5% and Palace Parallel LLC (a company also registered in Delaware) 1.5%. Both Palace Holdco and Palace Parallel have 180 preference shares each. As the Delaware companies do not have to reveal their owners the exact ownership of the club is therefore unknown but Steve Parish confirmed that each of Harris and Blitzer had an 18% share to match his own.

There is a published list of Palace Holdco owners somewhere, I think Elgin posted it.

Sleeping Giant
01-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Zaha believes De Boer was unfairly sacked

You do realise that FDB was trying to relieve Wilf of defensive duties but with the change back he is back on them? Now, do we think Wilf would prefer any defensive duties or not?

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Elgin posted on it sometime ago, that's just off the top of my head. There's another name missing with a small amount. Something we were mislead about by the old owners...the general info was that the slight majority % advantage was still UK controlled. At the time of selling.
I thought the percentages were roughly 23% each to the three voting shareholding directors leaving us to believe the Yanks had 23+23+ plus a few small % holding US friends.
Seems we were slightly mislead.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:16 AM
You do realise that FDB was trying to relieve Wilf of defensive duties but with the change back he is back on them? Now, do we think Wilf would prefer any defensive duties or not? Don't know but he's very good at it... Works hard and I think does well.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Something we were mislead about by the old owners...the general info was that the slight majority % advantage was still UK controlled. At the time of selling.
I thought the percentages were roughly 23% each to the three voting shareholding directors leaving us to believe the Yanks had 23+23+ plus a few small % holding US friends.
Seems we were slightly mislead.

I don't think we were misled. We were told that Harris and Blitzer did not have a controlling interest and they don't.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Harris and Blitzer are at 18% each of the Holdco equity. All other shareholders make up the rest. This doesn't mean that Harris and Blitzer have a controlling stake. In fact there is no UBO - which some think is good model and others don't.

Other American investors hold 34%, this has been done to death.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:20 AM
from wiki,

Later company accounts showed that the ownership figures were: Steve Parish 18%, Steve Browett 5%, Jeremy Hosking 5% and Martin Long 2.5% with the remainder being owned by Palace Holdco LP (a limited partnership registered in Delaware) 67.5% and Palace Parallel LLC (a company also registered in Delaware) 1.5%. Both Palace Holdco and Palace Parallel have 180 preference shares each. As the Delaware companies do not have to reveal their owners the exact ownership of the club is therefore unknown but Steve Parish confirmed that each of Harris and Blitzer had an 18% share to match his own.

There is a published list of Palace Holdco owners somewhere, I think Elgin posted it.So no Palace 2010 control.... What a s*** hole!

spt1978
I don't think we were misled. We were told that Harris and Blitzer did not have a controlling interest and they don't.

Ok, the American's as a whole body of investors have a majority, happy?

cdm61
Yes they do the Holdco is the controlling company.

McpfcS
Other American investors hold 34%, this has been done to death.

Sure - I'm not disputing that?

HRP
Nope - I suggested that IF the club was being tanked (and I laid out a reasoned response as to why that is very unlikely) that the American's would be more likely to be able to execute it than Parish. I don't think either party is trying to steer the club downwards - it is illogical.

But, do you deny that the holding company owned by the American's is the majority shareholder? They have the final say -no doubt.

Parish (I think) he a veto power and has been left the day to day running, but he is not the majority shareholder and IF things went acrimoniously they have a much greater chance of ousting Parish than Parish has of ousting them.

That (alongside my earlier reasoning) is why I am calling 'bullshit' on this particular rumour.

Unlike you, I don't have an ideological position. I do like Parish on the whole because he has, on the whole, been a big reason for 7 years of great success relative to the decade or more before. However, I also think that there are some big issues right now and that he's certainly got some stuff quite badly wrong. You, however, will selectively focus on any hints that confirm your pre-conceived thoughts on Parish.

Well my pre-conceived thoughts on him seem to have been pretty good , why does he get praise for what a group of 4 people did but doesn’t get criticism when 3 of them walk away .

Look back and all the statements Parish has come out with 99% have not been fulfilled .

The season we went up was going to be a selling season as he decided to work in 3 year Cycles .
The changing of the club colours from red shorts to blue , the new club crest all for his own ego.
The ‘only so much you can do with stripes ‘ comment
The ridiculous new ground at Crystal Palace park
The treatment of long term season ticket holders in the directors box , from closing one of the Lounges , charging an extra £100 for a new seat , pricing oap’s out and saying move to the Arthur wait for a similar view.
The stupid flashing light show ,that caused epilepsy attacks
The gantry across the whole of the rather wait blocking the view
The 3000 seats he claimed he had to remove to make room for disabled suppprters.
The numerous claims he has learnt from his mistakes and not learnt anything
Giving players new contracts that were not in the managers plans
The promise he made to palace fans on the pitch after the cup final saying he was going to reward us for our support
Saying we should push on and not battle relegation every year
Replacing comfortable wooden seats with hard plastic ones , reducing the legroom
Every transfer window bar one has been a failure long term for the club with a very low net spend
Saying he would never sell the club unless the new buyers could prove they were good people or along those lines
Spending millions on payoffs to managers ( Burley,Warnock,Pardew and De Boer)
The ridiculous fan zone in the car park that took over two years to build
Claims to have not missed a Saturday game in the programme once despite having been missing regularly when he was off driving race cars in the championship .
Long term office staff members leaving
Replacing long term palace staff with ‘Dollie birds ‘
We probably have the highest turnover of Players, coaches and managers in Parish’s 7 year regime than over the last 15 year before hand

I can’t wait for the south London and proud tag line to come back next season with regular 1/2 year season tickets given away and free under 10 tickets .

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:21 AM
I don't think we were misled. We were told that Harris and Blitzer did not have a controlling interest and they don't.But they control the controlling interest.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Ok, the American's as a whole body of investors have a majority, happy?

Nope because you have no idea who those individual investors are so can't describe them as the "Americans". I expect they include a number of family offices, funds and HNWs.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:23 AM
But they control the controlling interest.

That's not how it works. There's three board members who control the club - the equity breakdown is irrelevant outside of that boardroom.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Nope because you have no idea who those individual investors are so can't describe them as the "Americans". I expect they include a number of family offices, funds and HNWs.

They were all listed in the original takeover thread, please keep up.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes they do the Holdco is the controlling company.

Doesn't work like that - see above. Equity breakdown is irrelevant.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
They were all listed in the original takeover thread, please keep up.

They weren't - it's Delaware registered so there are no details available.

Please keep up

the drexciyan
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Totally untrue

What a complete 'fake itk' bullshitter you are.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:26 AM
That's not how it works. There's three board members who control the club - the equity breakdown is irrelevant outside of that boardroom.Two Yanks V one Plum.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:26 AM
What a complete 'fake itk' bullshitter you are.

And what a twat you are. Not claiming to be in ITK - never have.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Two Yanks V one Plum.

That is of course correct. I think you'll find boardrooms are much more of partnership and much less hostile than you expect.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:28 AM
A what a twat you areToe to Toe hardcore BBS.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Toe to Toe hardcore BBS.

Quite

Has Worksop updated us on his evening yet? Or is he too busy trying to find me to fight me [emoji23]

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:29 AM
That is of course correct. I think you'll find boardrooms are much more of partnership and much less hostile than you expect. Depending on the state on affairs the company is in ... In my experiences.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Depending on the state on affairs the company is in ... In my experiences.

That's fair. But he in my experience serious and highly intelligent people tend to stick together and work in their mutual interests.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 09:35 AM
They weren't - it's Delaware registered so there are no details available.

Please keep up

True they don't have to reveal themselves but it appears they have.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=13744608&postcount=349

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 09:39 AM
That's fair. But he in my experience serious and highly intelligent people tend to stick together and work in their mutual interests.

What are their interest's? I suspect the Americans are only interested in Sky's money whereas Parish is living the dream. Once relegation looms the fur will start to fly.

Looking at the list of Palace Holdco owners what do you think the chances of a new stand are?

New LP
01-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Also, I hadn't seen this from Zaha on FdB:
But football is ruthless; if youíre not getting the results you get fired.Ē
[/url]

Unless your name's Alan Pardew.

Brett
01-10-2017, 09:42 AM
I should also say that I'm not criticising you for passing on what you've heard - I just know it not to be true.

Iím trying to work out which Steve you are.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:44 AM
We put every single egg into the fa cup final, and when we lost, Steve Parish lost that little spark that every single game mattered as much as the next. But right now they don't.

I haven't really 'cared' as much since that game. I love when we win and hate when we lose, but just feels like not as much as before, or perhaps enough. I'm already over yesterday but still not over a game 17 months ago. Read it quite a few times from different people on here recently, and spoke about it with mates, about the 90's one and 2016's one and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that is what SP is feeling too.

Rotten still perhaps, but just seems the whole club is non plussed about everything.

Celestial Empire
01-10-2017, 09:46 AM
I just wish he would come out and explain what the hell is going on, why no players in the transfer window, the FDB saga, come on SP spill the beans.....................SGE

So you missed the Holmesdale Radio interview then ? Pay attention.
Tittle-tattle merchants (OP) live by dark hints and unfounded rumours, don't expect "details".

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 09:46 AM
What are there interest's? I suspect the Americans are only interested in Sky's money whereas Parish is living the dream. Once relegation looms the fur will start to fly.

Looking at the list of Palace Holdco owners what do you think the chances of a new stand are?

I would assume, like all investors, they are motivated by adding value to the business in order that they eventually make money themselves.

They will have no say in whether we re-build the ground or not unless the Board ask current investors for more funding - which would likely come with a further share issue.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Iím trying to work out which Steve you are.

I don't think either of the Steves would throw around paedo insults on a Palace board to be honest.

I do think Steve B is posting on here still.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Or a quick sell on to the Chinese ... Which was on the cards a few months back.
You don't put new tyres on a car you're about to sell!

Brett
01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I don't think either of the Steves would throw around paedo insults on a Palace board to be honest.

I do think Steve B is posting on here still.

Then I can only think Martin or Jeremy, possibly Teflon Phil or a complete bullshitter.

Maybe Gor Blimey has another log-in.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM

You do if the tyres you have are bolloxed, and they would put the buyer off....

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Then I can only think Martin or Jeremy, possibly Teflon Phil or a complete bullshitter.

Maybe Gor Blimey has another log-in.

Haha an alter ego ;)

I do think one of your guesses is correct though :D

in-exile

I do think Steve B is posting on here still.If SB is still posting could he tell us why our younger female representative teams have to buy their own training and playing kit and don't have any support from the nutritionists or physiotherapists have to train late in the evening and I'm not supplied with any club transportation?
We are a joke compared to the facilities that Brighton have and the kit and facilities they supply to all their teams..
Community club my ass!

spt1978
I’m trying to work out which Steve you are.

Going toe-to-toe blood, are you dizzy bruv.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:54 AM
If SB is still posting could he tell us why our younger female representative teams have to buy their own training and playing kit and don't have any support from the nutritionists or physiotherapists have to train late in the evening and i'm not supplied with any club transportation?

You should make your way to games like everyone else, lazy bastard ;)

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he is still around. He shouldn't have to answer that stuff if he doesn't have any active say/decision in mind. Rightly so, as he may be just as disappointed in that as you are.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:55 AM
You do if the tyres you have are bolloxed, and they would put the buyer off.... So you buy second-hand tyres or if it's us football stand cladding. And give OAP players like Delaney and speroni new contracts to make the numbers up!

spt1978
01-10-2017, 09:56 AM

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he is still around. He shouldn't have to answer that stuff if he doesn't have any day in it mind. Rightly so, he may be just as disappointed in that as you are.

Think someone said he posts under a different username now. Do not blame him.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 09:57 AM

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure he is still around. He shouldn't have to answer that stuff if he doesn't have any active say/decision in mind. Rightly so, as he may be just as disappointed in that as you are.We all Should be ashamed of some aspects of our club that is far from Premier League.

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:58 AM
Think someone said he posts under a different username now. Do not blame him.

Me neither.

Kylie_Tracey
01-10-2017, 09:59 AM

no but you put sawdust in the gearbox, I sense something about the Chinese as well, I think SP forged some strong contacts there this summer

GrayP41ace
01-10-2017, 09:59 AM
We all Should be ashamed of some aspects of our club that is far from Premier League.

Yep. I'm sure SB is.

dave_who_ru
01-10-2017, 10:09 AM
You do realise that FDB was trying to relieve Wilf of defensive duties but with the change back he is back on them? Now, do we think Wilf would prefer any defensive duties or not?

On the basis he hasn't played since the first game clear nonsense.

CPFC.1990
01-10-2017, 10:36 AM
You don't need to be a detective to know things are a complete mess at the club.

In January we will see a mass exodus. Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye will be off for starters. World cup year and we will have to get a premium price for them.

When we get relegated, clubs will pick off our players for peanuts. And we will HAVE to sell. Imagine us in the championship with a squad of players on 35k-95k per week!!

Townsend, Luka, Dann, Tomkins, PVA all gone... and we'd be lucky to get near £10m for any of them.

97/98 was a walk in the park compared to this mess. That ultimately ended up in admin the next season....

macstar
01-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Parish is clearly dazzled by nostalgia. As they said on Soccer saturday yesterday the ownrs of the club have been negligent.

ForzaPalace
01-10-2017, 10:37 AM
We're more than likely to be in administration by next Christmas the way the club is being run

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 10:45 AM
You don't need to be a detective to know things are a complete mess at the club.

In January we will see a mass exodus. Zaha, Benteke, Cabaye will be off for starters. World cup year and we will have to get a premium price for them.

When we get relegated, clubs will pick off our players for peanuts. And we will HAVE to sell. Imagine us in the championship with a squad of players on 35k-95k per week!!

Townsend, Luka, Dann, Tomkins, PVA all gone... and we'd be lucky to get near £10m for any of them.

97/98 was a walk in the park compared to this mess. That ultimately ended up in admin the next season....

Wow things sound terrible.

CPFC.1990
01-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Wow things sound terrible.

Seen it before....People can close their eyes to it all they want but the club is a shambles.

jimmy the gent
01-10-2017, 10:48 AM
So did OP 'come out' and reveal the rumour, or is this just 8 pages of bollocks?

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
So did OP 'come out' and reveal the rumour, or is this just 8 pages of bollocks?

The latter - except anything I said obviously.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Seen it before....People can close their eyes to it all they want but the club is a shambles.

So what do we do about it?

I don't understand the value in keep pronouncing what a shambles we are.

dmf73
01-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Doesn't sound good at all.

This season has been one big mess from the very start. After 40 years of supporting Palace I have never felt so detached from the club.

KingClinton
01-10-2017, 11:09 AM
If anyone in charge of a company/business/office/retail outlet falls woefully short of the required standard before the opening of said company/business/office/ retail outlet. He should be asked to step down.

It doesn't matter which way anyone on here with super Steve parish rosy specs on want too look at things. He has failed. He saved the club. Took us up. Got lucky and we are now in free fall and have been for some years.

The same people refusing too see sir Steve of parish isn't the problem are the same people who still defended Pardew until his last palace breath.

Some people are happy to come to games to pay money to watch some shower of shite where a team they have following since birth have no passion, talent, desire or fight.

Some people are happy we were saved to now sit and go backwards. After all. It might not have been aye ?

Our team and infrastructure has been worefully inept for 2/3 years now.

As I said when we signed benteke. Our squad is still crap.
As I said when bfs rescued us. Our squad is still crap.

There has been a seriously concerning amount of nothing being done to improve us as a team a squad and a club.

Parish should be fired. Let alone resign. It's negligence at the very least.

This has all been boiling for years now. Had we not got lucky after holloway we would be in exactly the same place if not light years behind.

Doesn't that tell you anything ?

Super savvy advertising mogul..that's all he is ladies and gents.

CPFC.1990
01-10-2017, 11:15 AM
So what do we do about it?

I don't understand the value in keep pronouncing what a shambles we are.

We can do nothing, that's why you put your trust in the hierarchy to run the club in the correct way for the benefit of us.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 11:18 AM
We can do nothing, that's why you put your trust in the hierarchy to run the club in the correct way for the benefit of us.

We can support the team fully and see what we can achieve by Xmas.

CPFC.1990
01-10-2017, 11:21 AM
We can support the team fully and see what we can achieve by Xmas.

We've been supporting the club through thick and thin since the Cup final, it's made zero difference. Our support at Selhurst has rewarded us with one of the worst home records in the football league.

This is bigger than relegation, which to be honest, really doesn't bother me, i'll support whatever division.

Martin H
01-10-2017, 11:21 AM

I spotted that and wondered with Doog (Poppa was his asst mgr) back in the fold and SP's apparent obsession with former players if he was headed our way with a view to replacing Hodgson when he moves on. Cheaper option, all in the family b*******. So half expecting an announcement next week. Either that or Roy will be sacked because he has lost his 4 matches :D :D

Billy Rhino
01-10-2017, 11:25 AM

The OP was a bit drunk last night and now realises he probably should've kept things to himself. I've explained things to a decent poster on here so we will see in time whether it's true or not.

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 11:28 AM
The OP was a bit drunk last night and now realises he probably should've kept things to himself. I've explained things to a decent poster on here so we will see in time whether it's true or not.

Fair enough

Nigelbrag
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
What so many on here forget is Steve Parish IS a businessman first and foremost so any "deals" arranged would be linked to what profit can be gained, which is only right when in business if it is to be a success.
So when he came to our rescue which all Palace fans will always be grateful for, but he was well aware of the risks involved but also the rewards it could bring, it is the same gamble as if he was taking over a failing business. Fortunately for him we gained promotion to the lucrative premiership and the riches it then offered, which made his involvement into Palace a very good investment, with the added bonus to follow of the American partnership money, making his taking over of Palace a very beneficial and lucrative one.
Nobody will deny his affection for this club also his sincerity in wanting to see us succeed, but somewhere along the line he seemed to have lost direction/focus that has seen us in this mess, and when he is allegedly also paid a salary of 680k p.a in addition to his other duties, then yes it is only fair that he is answerable when things do go wrong as this has been a long time decline in its happening.
Make no mistake, i feel should a lucrative offer for the club come along i have no doubt he would gladly accept it as most businessmen would, as that is what he IS first and foremost.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Edit - posted to another thread.

IanH
01-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Make no mistake, i feel should a lucrative offer for the club come along i have no doubt he would gladly accept it as most businessmen would, as that is what he IS first and foremost.

I would be amazed if anyone bought the club In its current predicament - without the Premier League cash coming in then it is a loss maker. This is why a lot of relegated Premier League clubs disappear through the Championship the wrong way fairly quickly. I think our best bet (if we do drop) is that the US guys sell their stake back to Parish on the cheap and Freedman brings in some Bolasie, Jedinak types again, so that we can rebuild a strong Championship squad that could hopefully come back up fairly quickly.

TouchyAndalou
01-10-2017, 12:03 PM
And what a twat you are. Not claiming to be in ITK - never have.You stated with certainty that it was exclusively Parish's decision to sack FDB. What are you basing that on if not "ITK" information?

Worksop Palace
01-10-2017, 12:04 PM
You stated with certainty that it was exclusively Parish's decision to sack FDB. What are you basing that on if not "ITK" information?

He's full of shit. Always has been.

And he's a nonce

exiledeagle1
01-10-2017, 12:48 PM

So....you were out having dinner with somebody last night....:confused:

Malarkey
01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
We are a joke club.

Nigelbrag
01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
I would be amazed if anyone bought the club In its current predicament - without the Premier League cash coming in then it is a loss maker. This is why a lot of relegated Premier League clubs disappear through the Championship the wrong way fairly quickly. I think our best bet (if we do drop) is that the US guys sell their stake back to Parish on the cheap and Freedman brings in some Bolasie, Jedinak types again, so that we can rebuild a strong Championship squad that could hopefully come back up fairly quickly.

Admittedly relegation would be a massive cloud hanging over the club and the potential of any buyer wanting into taking over, but the owners may feel it is better to cut your losses initially and accept a sensible offer knowing the huge rebuilding task that would lay ahead.
Will be interesting to see what the Americans do if relegated, could it be they see an opportunity to stamp their mark by taking over full control?
The other point you raised about the manager, i feel it is a pity that we panicked with the sacking of FdB as quickly as we did, i have said from the start his appointment was wrong for the premiership as it did not allow Him or the Club the time needed to implement the changes.
But the Championship was the perfect place to do so and we should have shown the courage to have allowed him time to continue with the much needed rebuilding of the club, and then hopefully return in a Couple of years to the Premiership a much better prepared club to cope for a longer and more successful period in this division.
The one ray of light is the payments we will continue to receive (all be it reducing) for three seasons will give us breathing space to stay afloat, but that will not mean there wont be a clear out to reduce wages which in turn sets your ambitions back of a quick return, which personally i feel will be a long process before we return.
But i feel we Must make every effort to keep Wilf Zaha should we be relegated so as to give the club our ONE focal point to build the team around next season would be a massive boost, and hopefully he will also see the need to repay the club that is his "home" or maybe i am being too optimistic.
This is going to be a huge rebuilding task ahead, and in all honesty i can't see Palace able to return for the foreseeable future sadly.

Crofty
01-10-2017, 12:54 PM
We are a joke club.

We are not. The club and supporters are sound. The current situation is a joke....and not madly funny.:o:frown:

eaglejez
01-10-2017, 12:57 PM
We are not. The club and supporters are sound. The current situation is a joke....and not madly funny.:o:frown:

we are a total joke at the moment. Our scouting is a total embarrasment. Has been for years. Our transfer windows since we came up have generally been an absolute and utter joke. We've all known this. Proving the BBS correct is the worst thing of all :(:(

ps - we are actually a laughing stock throughout the football world at the moment

SE5eagle
01-10-2017, 01:00 PM
If we do go down (I still think we won't, as I've gone through the looking glass,) we haven't a cat in hell's chance of keeping Wilf.

He is a Premier League player and doesn't deserve to be in the championship.

bigGcpfc
01-10-2017, 01:01 PM
The only reason I would say we are not a joke club is that jokes are meant to be funny and I don't find anything about our situation funny.

Malarkey
01-10-2017, 01:09 PM
The only reason I would say we are not a joke club is that jokes are meant to be funny and I don't find anything about our situation funny.

But everyone else does

Anneseagles
01-10-2017, 01:10 PM

Most of the pre premiership supporters are sound, but some of the newer I want instant success or the manager sacked after 4 games brigade certainly don't seem to be.

Gazza2
01-10-2017, 01:17 PM
If we do go down (I still think we won't, as I've gone through the looking glass,) we haven't a cat in hell's chance of keeping Wilf.

Agree. And we cannot afford to pay £100k per week wages in The Championship. With zero parachute payments, to break even in The Championship we'd need an average wage of under £10k per week.
Even with the year 1 parachute payment (year 1 being when you get the highest payment), income would be around £50m less than this season so wage bill would need to be cut by around 50%.

Ralph
01-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Agree. And we cannot afford to pay £100k per week wages in The Championship. With zero parachute payments, to break even in The Championship we'd need an average wage of under £10k per week.
Even with the year 1 parachute payment (year 1 being when you get the highest payment), income would be around £50m less than this season so wage bill would need to be cut by around 50%.

But the new stadium will bring in increased revenue.

macstar
01-10-2017, 01:27 PM

if weve only got 8 points by january...should we sell Wilf then if we get a good price?

cdm61
01-10-2017, 01:31 PM
if weve only got 8 points by january...should we sell Wilf then if we get a good price?

It will be done the Yanks will want cash in lieu of their takeover payments made to CPFC2010

racehorse-80s
01-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Clubs will be sniffing like vultures anyway if that is the case , A real shame as he has been my favourite Palace player for years and like part of the clubs fabric for many .

foresthillbilly
01-10-2017, 01:33 PM
I did a big shit in the bogs after 10minutes against Huddersfield. Call it a protest, if you like.

Is that what people can smell ?

bigGcpfc
01-10-2017, 01:37 PM
But everyone else does

You should know you are not allowed to worry about what anyone else thinks about our beloved club.

Martin H
01-10-2017, 01:41 PM

It's difficult to work out what would happen TBH.

Selling the club to different overseas investors would be very unlikely. We are a club with an ageing ground with real problems redeveloping the stadium and generally speaking poor facilities and infrastructure, a smallish fan base compared to other options such as Villa. Our main asset last summer for such a deal was our Premier League status but no investor would gamble on that right now.

So, selling the club back to Parish etc cheap seems unlikely as that simply realises a loss. So maybe for same price might be an option and they get their 'stadium money' back. But that would leave us with very little cash and back to square one but with a sizeable wage bill and frankly the club in disarray.

Re the Championship, I am not sure it's so easy 5 years later is it? The Championship now has a lot of big clubs with strong squads that are filled with players that 5 or so years ago would be in the top tier. It looks a lot harder and I can't see a bunch of misfits and wannabes (and I mean this with some affection) can do that today.

I did joke elsewhere that maybe Poppa is leaving Oz to take over from Roy after he loses his 4th game but sitting here watching Burnley take the lead at Everton and suddenly it seems possible. Nah, surely not.

Gazza2
01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
USA owners were looking at a big profit if club had been sold in the Summer. If I were them and were offered what I'd paid right now then I'd take it.
As Ian righly says the value will collapse after relegation. But they may be able to get their money back right now.

MENTALLY TOUGH
01-10-2017, 02:05 PM
I did a big shit in the bogs after 10minutes against Huddersfield. Call it a protest, if you like.

Is that what people can smell ?

Must be the highlight of the season any chance it will be on the end of season DVD ?

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 03:05 PM
I would assume, like all investors, they are motivated by adding value to the business in order that they eventually make money themselves.

They will have no say in whether we re-build the ground or not unless the Board ask current investors for more funding - which would likely come with a further share issue.

I don't think you're following any of this, palace holdco are primarily harris and blitzer, according to previous announcements there was £100mil ringfenced for stadia I hardly think they are going to stump up the cash again especially as there is no logical reason to expect they would get a return on their money in the reasonable term.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 03:07 PM
But the new stadium will bring in increased revenue.

Therein lies the problem. History suggests in the championship our crowd would eventually shrink to 15k making a higher ground capacity pointless.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 03:20 PM
He's full of shit. Always has been.

And he's a nonce

You're the one that allegedly couldn't keep it in your pants at a teenager's party [emoji51]

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 03:22 PM
I don't think you're following any of this, palace holdco are primarily harris and blitzer, according to previous announcements there was £100mil ringfenced for stadia I hardly think they are going to stump up the cash again especially as there is no logical reason to expect they would get a return on their money in the reasonable term.

I'm not suggesting they would. That money is available to the Board (not the investors) to do what they want with - subject to any other agreement (which might well include ring fencing it for the ground).

I don't get what you don't understand about this? Seems straightforward.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 03:23 PM
I'm not suggesting they would. That money is available to the Board (not the investors) to do what they want with - subject to any other agreement (which might well include ring fencing it for the ground).

I don't get what you don't understand about this? Seems straightforward.

Well, here's a tip, don't hold your breath waiting for the new stand.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Well, here's a tip, don't hold your breath waiting for the new stand.

I'm not. tbh I don't care much for the ground in any case - much rather we were paying PL football.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
I'm not. tbh I don't care much for the ground in any case - much rather we were paying PL football.

Ps what weren't you able to follow in my argument?

Heppolette
01-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I think a higher ground capacity would be pointless even if we stay up unless you want it full of Chelsea, United and Arsenal fans.

A couple of things stick in my mind. We failed to fill the ground when we played Liverpool in the FA Cup 5th round in 2015. We managed 12,000 against Man City in the FA Cup earlier this year. Not sure but I think both games my ticket was £20 and my son's £5.

The most rotten thing I've seen in recent history is the absolute abortion of an effort de Boer made of two home games where he and the team were massively underprepared.

If Parish wants to sell I'd imagine most would be very happy. Interesting to hear Holloway and Warnock, the latter being a paragon of virtue, sticking the boot in some three or so years after they each departed clearly out of their depth.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 03:50 PM
So the 50 million plus 50 million loan the yanks paid in to the club plus the other smaller yank investors...
This bought nearly out three of the 2010 Palace hero's it seems..... interested to know what PROFIT on the original investment these guys made???

Brett
01-10-2017, 03:52 PM

Parish

Sam Spade
01-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Maybe he just disagreed or ignored it. It's just your opinion after all.

Kylie_Tracey
01-10-2017, 03:59 PM
You're the one that allegedly couldn't keep it in your pants at a teenager's party [emoji51]

you are the one that keeps suggesting this no one else, makes me think you clearly have an issue in this area

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 04:05 PM

The problem with your argument is that the investors and the board are the same people, the board are hardly likely to do anything the investors don't fully back. Like a share issue for example.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 04:08 PM
I think a higher ground capacity would be pointless even if we stay up unless you want it full of Chelsea, United and Arsenal fans.

A couple of things stick in my mind...............

This is where the dream lies to grow the support base to compete with those clubs. We have the catchment area.

Heppolette
01-10-2017, 04:21 PM
This is where the dream lies to grow the support base to compete with those clubs. We have the catchment area.

Agreed and I understand the argument. But unless we offer Champions League level football it will just be a dream. Like an idiot I started to dream in December 2015 but woke up pretty quickly.

West Ham fans don't seem to be enjoying their ground much.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 04:26 PM
you are the one that keeps suggesting this no one else, makes me think you clearly have an issue in this area

Yeh tbh I'm not massive fan of paedophilia - that's all

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 04:27 PM
The problem with your argument is that the investors and the board are the same people, the board are hardly likely to do anything the investors don't fully back. Like a share issue for example.

They're not the same people at all. But of course one of the Boards aims will be to satisfy its shareholders.

Kylie_Tracey
01-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Yeh tbh I'm not massive fan of paedophilia - that's all

it strikes me as the very opposite, you clearly have issues, you seem obsessed by it.

palacea
01-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Agreed and I understand the argument. But unless we offer Champions League level football it will just be a dream. Like an idiot I started to dream in December 2015 but woke up pretty quickly.

West Ham fans don't seem to be enjoying their ground much.

I think you're the only one dreaming of 55k seater stadium. Most and the probable reality was just to have a much newer stadium with a modest increase in capacity. It should and could have been achievable.

dave_who_ru
01-10-2017, 04:32 PM
So the 50 million plus 50 million loan the yanks paid in to the club plus the other smaller yank investors...
This bought nearly out three of the 2010 Palace hero's it seems..... interested to know what PROFIT on the original investment these guys made???

And the relevance is ?

palacea
01-10-2017, 04:38 PM
And the relevance is ?

As much relevance as they saved the club.

Slimbloke'H'
01-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Worksop/McpfcS - I think it's time you put each other on ignore and moved on, don't you?

It is starting to get a bit tiresome fellas.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 05:03 PM
it strikes me as the very opposite, you clearly have issues, you seem obsessed by it.

Oh no were you at Worksop's party as well?

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 05:04 PM
Worksop/McpfcS - I think it's time you put each other on ignore and moved on, don't you?

Agreed. But he seems to want to keep posting that I'm a "nonce" [emoji23]

Kylie_Tracey
01-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Oh no were you at Worksop's party as well?

you're the one obsessed by this kind of thing no one else :jerkit:

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 05:09 PM
you're the one obsessed by this kind of thing no one else :jerkit:

But your best mate keeps calling me a "nonce" which I'm fine with but I'd like the abuse to be a bit more creative / amusing if at all possible.

Maz
01-10-2017, 05:15 PM
As much relevance as they saved the club.

Except that's a fact.

The risk they were willing to take saved the club. Do you begrudge them a profit on that risk?

Hedgehog
01-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Give Harris and Blitzer their principle investment back plus 15% and let's move on.

PeterH
01-10-2017, 05:19 PM

LOL. He brought them in. And he had ample time to pull out of that deal. In fact, he was ridiculously persistant in getting them on board.

That, and employing FdeB, is totally down to SP.

Most on here didnt want the Yanks to come in. But SP made it very clear that he knew best and that we couldnt consolidate or rebuild the ground without the investment. We had no choice ut to trust him.

That appears to be two huge errors of judgement.

Are we now being asked to take his side in this fight - to trust him again.

That saving the club goodwill is being stretched a bit here.

little al
01-10-2017, 05:27 PM
LOL. He brought them in. And he had ample time to pull out of that deal. In fact, he was ridiculously persistant in getting them on board.

That, and employing FdeB, is totally down to SP.

Most on here didnt want the Yanks to come in. But SP made it very clear that he knew best and that we couldnt consolidate or rebuild the ground without the investment. We had no choice ut to trust him.

That appears to be two huge errors of judgement.

Are we now being asked to take his side in this fight - to trust him again.

That saving the club goodwill is being stretched a bit here.

And ALL of those "most" didn't have their own cash in jepordy.

Maidstoned Eagle
01-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Agreed. But he seems to want to keep posting that I'm a "nonce" [emoji23]

Are you?

maxcpfc
01-10-2017, 05:30 PM
the premier league has ****ed us, parish has sought premier league survival by going for Short term manager fixes but thats f@cked us in the long term, we haven't had a manager thats lasted longer than 2 seasons to build a team so we have a squad thats a mix of different managers players and too many journeymen who wouldn't give a shit about relegation because they will get contracts with another premier league team,
going down without a fight is the worst part!

Maz
01-10-2017, 05:33 PM

Yup.

rhiannapaul
01-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Our club is imploding, internal turmoil, clueless football tactics the fans getting angry fighting amongst each other, players still playing who are clearly not putting in a shift.Roy isnt strong enough too nice. Some arses need kicking. new club captain needed.go down fighting not limp wet shambles we are at the moment

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Are you?

Yes

Ps what is a nonce?

PeterH
01-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Most of the pre premiership supporters are sound, but some of the newer I want instant success or the manager sacked after 4 games brigade certainly don't seem to be.

The supporters didnt sack FdeB. Most felt he was worth a few more games after Burnley.

SP sacked him. By definition that makes SP one of the newer brigade of Premier supporter you refer to.

PeterH
01-10-2017, 05:43 PM

I believe you made that comment - in the war of words yesterday.

Al From Bromley
01-10-2017, 05:45 PM
The club is imploding/a shambles, Parish is a clueless c**t, the team is awful, blah blah blah. As much as the internet was a great invention it didn't half give the moaning minnies the chance to give it their best shot. Listen, Palace almost went out of business seven years ago, yet have been in the top flight for the past four seasons and aren't out of it yet. try being a Coventry, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd/Wednesday or one of the other former top flight clubs, many of whom are struggling just to stay in business these days. OK, things are a bit shit this season, but rather than blame anything that moves why not accept the fact that it is what it is and hope that it gets better soon? Abusing the owners or slagging off certain players isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Palace always find a way to bounce back. I'm sure there weren't quite so many whingers when they were in the championship.

Pub Idol
01-10-2017, 05:50 PM
The club is imploding/a shambles, Parish is a clueless c**t, the team is awful, blah blah blah. As much as the internet was a great invention it didn't half give the moaning minnies the chance to give it their best shot. Listen, Palace almost went out of business seven years ago, yet have been in the top flight for the past four seasons and aren't out of it yet. try being a Coventry, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd/Wednesday or one of the other former top flight clubs, many of whom are struggling just to stay in business these days. OK, things are a bit shit this season, but rather than blame anything that moves why not accept the fact that it is what it is and hope that it gets better soon? Abusing the owners or slagging off certain players isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Palace always find a way to bounce back. I'm sure there weren't quite so many whingers when they were in the championship.

No points no goals. Should that have happened in the championship or at anytime in the last 112 years then people would be pissed off. Very proud pissed off. Nothing wrong with that.

spt1978
01-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Well said.

Eagle96
01-10-2017, 05:53 PM
the premier league has ****ed us, parish has sought premier league survival by going for Short term manager fixes but thats f@cked us in the long term, we haven't had a manager thats lasted longer than 2 seasons to build a team so we have a squad thats a mix of different managers players and too many journeymen who wouldn't give a shit about relegation because they will get contracts with another premier league team,
going down without a fight is the worst part!

Nope sorry don't buy that. Truth is that Parish has f*cked us, made terrible decision after terrible decision but because he saved the club 7 years ago he's immune to criticism. Let's call a spade a spade - he's desperately out of his depth and taking the club down with him.

palacemetros
01-10-2017, 05:59 PM

Either that or start your own thread and feck off onto that for a bit.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:00 PM
I believe you made that comment - in the war of words yesterday.

Just passing on something I've heard that's all - like many posts on here. I have no idea if it's true or not.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Are you?

Shame you're getting involved. I thought you spoke very well at your mate's funeral.

PeterH
01-10-2017, 06:06 PM

But their cash wasnt in jeapordy. We were sitting happily in the premier with TV cash coming out of our ears. They could have sold their stakes for a small profit to anyone and still been happy.

They could have taken a slice of the TV money and given one share to the Supporters Trust. That would have been more beneficial than either of the Schlupp or PVA purchases.

Easy with hindight, agreed.

It comes down to a simple situation.

They sold out for a good sum of money. The idea being that up to 100 million was going to be ringfenced for stadium development. It appears that that money has disappeared into thin air - and we could be going down and into a financial crisis with NO money available for the developments we were ALL sold the idea of the original investment on.

Apparantly, according to some on the BBS, that makes me an entitled supporter. Personally, I prefer to be viewed as someone that doesnt like to be fed bullshit and false promises, and then chastised by mates and fellow Palace fans when I have the temerity to point it out.

If it had been put to us that we coud either spend 30 million on Benteke and another 25 million on left backs, and 25 on Sakho, and another 15 on manager compensation and wages, or spend it on the stadium and acadamy dev. I honestly think we would have gone for the stadium.

To potentially end up with nothing, will break the spirit between Club and supporters. The hardcore will stick around. But those fans that disappear will not only be Premier glory hunters. They will see another media big mouth chairman giving it large about being a savvy businessman, crash and burn and ruin perhaps by far the biggest opportunity we have ever had (in terms of money available). SP was suckered into believing that Palace were bigger than they are. In terms of players bought, wages paid - based on the infrastructure in place. Maybe that is why the managers left, they couldnt see a long term improvement to facilities and networks that would avoid constant fire-fighting.

It is just all too depressing. But I am not offering positive solutions. So, I should stop moaning. Although if the positive solutions are on a par with bringing in the Yanks or employing FdeB and not supporting him, then we should problem limit those.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 06:08 PM
They're not the same people at all. But of course one of the Boards aims will be to satisfy its shareholders.

Alrighty, and who is on the board.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:08 PM
Alrighty, and who is on the board.

Harris, Blitzer and Parish - that is all.

Reg_Maudling
01-10-2017, 06:12 PM
i would have always taken a new stand instead of benteke if that had been the choice

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Worksop's private message to me:

When and where scummer ?

Just let me know. Next time you're at a game

:hi:

Shitting myself mate

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Harris, Blitzer and Parish - that is all.

Bingo, the main shareholders.

Lombardo's hair
01-10-2017, 06:17 PM
As much as I think there are issues at the Club whereby I believe SP is too close to some players I do not think SP wants the club to "tank" otherwise he would have left FDB in place. But then again replacing him with RH..........

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Bingo, the main shareholders.

Sorry mate - I've lost all sense of what your point is?

PeterH
01-10-2017, 06:19 PM
i would have always taken a new stand instead of benteke if that had been the choice

We are constantly told it is not as easy as that. I have no idea what a stadium redevelopment would cost. Last time it was mentioned on here, people were quoting 60/80 million just for the main stand - and I couldnt get my head around those figures - that suggested 300 million for the stadium. That cant be correct.

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Sorry mate - I've lost all sense of what your point is?

TBH, I've lost your point and can't be bothered to go back over it.

dave_who_ru
01-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Give Harris and Blitzer their principle investment back plus 15% and let's move on.

And then where do we get the money to build a new stand? We need investors who have deep pockets to buy players and rebuild the infrastructure.

EryrExile
01-10-2017, 06:28 PM
All I've learnt from this thread is that Worksop and McpfcS are almost certainly Parish and Blitzer.

McpfcS
01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
All I've learnt from this thread is that Worksop and McpfcS are almost certainly Parish and Blitzer.

[emoji23]

Hedgehog
01-10-2017, 06:31 PM
And then where do we get the money to build a new stand? We need investors who have deep pockets to buy players and rebuild the infrastructure.
Totally agree... but if what we have now is the cost, screw it.

It's not like we have seen or heard any news regarding spending the investment money on the infrastructure.

I fear with either relegation or survival there will be no movement of the ground improvements.

As Reg alluded to above, a new stand will last about 75 years, Bentake will be here a total of 3 years tops.

in-exile
01-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Just passing on something I've heard that's all - like many posts on here. I have no idea if it's true or not.Don't make stuff up, Worksop posted that he had a family teenage girls party (obviously his daughter and friends) with Domino's Pizzas for them all to look forward to that night... meaning that it would be a bit of a tiring family time after a painful Football result...
All very innocent...you put a disgusting abuse angle onto it .. which prompted a reaction that you seem to enjoy... And you have carried on for several posts since...

Skintagain
01-10-2017, 06:33 PM
We are constantly told it is not as easy as that. I have no idea what a stadium redevelopment would cost. Last time it was mentioned on here, people were quoting 60/80 million just for the main stand - and I couldnt get my head around those figures - that suggested 300 million for the stadium. That cant be correct.

Its only worth considering the old stand, the others are limited by physical restrictions and Sainsburys.

I imagine the old stand would be the most expensive as it would have to carry all the facilities but it should be relatively easy to add 10k to capacity. While in the prem it should be easy enough to fill.

Because it houses the current facilities we would have to move out temporarily.

dave_who_ru
01-10-2017, 06:36 PM

So a shiny new stand and the Championship.

Whatever floats your boat.