PDA

View Full Version : Palace yesterday and Liverpool today

Le Trapper
01-10-2017, 06:01 PM
I thought that the football we played yesterday against Man.U.was better than the football played by Liverpool today against Newcastle
Just need some luck.

st albans
01-10-2017, 06:06 PM
I haven't seen the Liverpool game but I find that pretty much impossible to believe as we were woeful

in-exile
01-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Were you watching in the pub...beer goggles and all that?
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/ten_with_a_two.jpg

AJ
01-10-2017, 06:27 PM
I haven't seen the Liverpool game but I find that pretty much impossible to believe as we were woeful
He is not that wrong. Liverpool and Newcastle were both woeful and their passing was as poor as anything we have seen all season.

Danny_Cheviot
01-10-2017, 06:31 PM
We had a very good spell for about 15 mins in the first half with no outright striker to finish.

2nd goal finished game.

bodger
01-10-2017, 07:01 PM
I thought that the football we played yesterday against Man.U.was better than the football played by Liverpool today against Newcastle
Just need some luck.

Behave we were as bad as it gets they did not break sweat to win 4-0. Luck starts with hard work on that showing PVA will get no luck.

Mr Bo Jangles
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Fortunate they hadn't played a midweek match or spent the night at an airport or flying back several thousand miles until the early hours. Oh wait a minute!

jimmy the gent
01-10-2017, 08:37 PM
we were f*cking shit. not often i agree with Alan Shearer but his assessment of us yesterday was bang on. So many passengers, so little effort, so little heart. As Warnock use to say, you can have a bad day on the ball, but never off it. Lack of application by a few usual suspects made my blood boil. If people are happy with that, then truly this club is f*cked.

Woosie
01-10-2017, 08:41 PM
we were f*cking shit. not often i agree with Alan Shearer but his assessment of us yesterday was bang on. So many passengers, so little effort, so little heart. As Warnock use to say, you can have a bad day on the ball, but never off it. Lack of application by a few usual suspects made my blood boil. If people are happy with that, then truly this club is f*cked.

Agreed, we were worse than we were against Man City. It was an extremely deflating performance which sucked the life out of the away end as well.

Whyteleafe_Sage
01-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Behave we were as bad as it gets they did not break sweat to win 4-0. Luck starts with hard work on that showing PVA will get no luck.

Not a PVA fan myself. Would love to know where he was for Lukaku's goal because he wasn't where he should have been... Either JS or PS at left back against Chelsea please!

That said, I agree that we weren't that bad - yes United played within themselves but the early goal and then the 2nd at a time when we were on top killed the game for us.

pauldrulez
01-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Agreed, we were worse than we were against Man City. It was an extremely deflating performance which sucked the life out of the away end as well.

There was a few little moves (which notably didn't involve Puncheon slowing it down) that looked decent until it got to Sako who either takes too many touches to control it or his first touch goes 25 yards.

If half of our players weren't total bottlers, I'd have a slight confidence that we'd stay up. But, Sakho aside, the starting 11 don't look hugely interested in fighting. I'd have had Townsend on that list as well before he got rinsed by Martial and walked off.

Woosie
01-10-2017, 08:47 PM

Pleased I wasn't the only one who noticed United were barely out of first gear and yet easily beat us.

There was a few little moves (which notably didn't involve Puncheon slowing it down) that looked decent until it got to Sako who either takes too many touches to control it or his first touch goes 25 yards.

If half of our players weren't total bottlers, I'd have a slight confidence that we'd stay up. But, Sakho aside, the starting 11 don't look hugely interested in fighting. I'd have had Townsend on that list as well before he got rinsed by Martial and walked off.

Yeah that 10/15 minute spell aside we were absolutely diabolical. Created barely anything, slow, disinterested, no confidence. Shearer was absolutely spot on for once. Don't think Sakho had a great game though

Whyteleafe_Sage
01-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Townsend should be playing on the left anyway.

palacelad197o
01-10-2017, 09:19 PM
We had a very good spell for about 15 mins in the first half with no outright striker to finish.

2nd goal finished game.

And we have no striker for another 6 weeks pos more

chrisophiex
01-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Townsend should be playing on the left anyway.

Agree. Was watching Ritchie today on the right for Newcastle and watched with jealousy how quickly he can whip in a cross without slowing down the play.

glaziers fan
01-10-2017, 09:50 PM

The old guard back in (Delaney, Ward, Puncheon). Not a coincidence.

glaziers fan
01-10-2017, 09:52 PM

Cabaye also worked his bollocks off.

minch1
01-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Just need some luck.

Agree with you on the need for better luck. Quite a few of the other struggling clubs have got some lucky goals through deflections including West Ham and Even Newcastle today. Hopefully our bad run of sickness and injuries will end. If we can get our squad fit and get some breaks we are in with a chance.

minch1
01-10-2017, 10:21 PM

I thought the CPFC interview with Lewington was interesting when he said they are coaching the players not to keep slowing it down with sideways or backward passes. They want them concentrate on quicker forward passes. We shall see.

GorBlimey
02-10-2017, 12:38 AM
not often i agree with Alan Shearer but his assessment of us yesterday was bang on.

Shearer is a twat; he hates Palace and our chairman too.

He can f*ck off - nothing he says is "bang on".

Hedgehog
02-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Don't think Sakho had a great game though
I kind of thought when he was here last season that yeah he was fantastic, but did notice a couple of times he is not that good with his head, which is odd for a central defender.

I think on Saturday this was really noticeable. Then again nobody seemed good in the air Saturday, except maybe Ladapo when he came on.

cdm61
02-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Lapado

Kai
02-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Some of our players have that deer in the headlights look about them. Frightened out of their wits and doubled with no fight or will to win

AJ
02-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Lapado
Ladapo

Chas
02-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Lopodomy