PDA

View Full Version : Catalan Football Clubs

Latvian Eagle
02-10-2017, 05:54 AM
I was just reading about what will happen to clubs from Catalunya if this whole mess over in Spain goes ahead / gets worse. Apparently the Spanish League have said they will have to leave. I guess naturally A Catalan League would have to be formed... However some bloke in this article seems to think Barcelona etc can just waltz off and play in Italy or England. Not sure if he is taking the piss or just that arrogant to think Barcelona can just pitch up where they want.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-could-join-premier-league-11257616

Thoughts?

Littlecaesar
02-10-2017, 03:55 PM
Looks like a general article written to try and show the mirror being able to keep abreast with current affairs.

I doubt it would happen, one of the posters at the bottom of the article talks about FIFA's rules on having to be part of your national league, in fairness there is the regional section of Spain's lower leagues but the whole league would have to break away resulting in Barca, Espanyol and Girona playing team's at best League 2 level every week, hardly something that would help keep it competitive but then you can argue it's hardly like that throughout the whole of La Liga.

Saying that though Barca have got away with football murder in the past hiding behind the "club voted by the fans" stuff. Personally I've always felt they are corrupt but given how much worse Real are, I still much prefer Barca.

Latvian Eagle
02-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Looks like a general article written to try and show the mirror being able to keep abreast with current affairs.

I doubt it would happen, one of the posters at the bottom of the article talks about FIFA's rules on having to be part of your national league, in fairness there is the regional section of Spain's lower leagues but the whole league would have to break away resulting in Barca, Espanyol and Girona playing team's at best League 2 level every week, hardly something that would help keep it competitive but then you can argue it's hardly like that throughout the whole of La Liga.

Saying that though Barca have got away with football murder in the past hiding behind the "club voted by the fans" stuff. Personally I've always felt they are corrupt but given how much worse Real are, I still much prefer Barca.

Someone mentioned the same three teams earlier. Funnily there are more clubs in Catalonia than those three... Nastic, Sabadell and Reus off the top of my head. :D

Littlecaesar
02-10-2017, 04:09 PM
They were the first three I knew without checking. I had some grasp of the set up in the lower leagues as I follow CP Cacereņo (based in Extremadura) with my girlfriend being from Caceres. They've been doing really well lately too which makes a nice escape from our own poor form.

the drexciyan
02-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Barcelona in the Catalan league should be the right thing to do but it will never happen.

Leopald Stotch
02-10-2017, 04:15 PM
My prediction is that on the back of our disasterous start, we pull it round and finish 4th from bottom. In the meantime, the PL welcome Barca with open arms, but have to increase the number of teams relegated by one to accomodate them. We appeal, but all the other clubs vote us down, as apparently the lure of a trip to Catalunya is preferable to Selhurst (weird, I know)!!

Latvian Eagle
02-10-2017, 04:20 PM
They were the first three I knew without checking. I had some grasp of the set up in the lower leagues as I follow CP Cacereņo (based in Extremadura) with my girlfriend being from Caceres. They've been doing really well lately too which makes a nice escape from our own poor form.

3rd division I see. They would be in the same division as my sister's local team (and lower league team that I follow) if they got promoted.

hong_kong_hg
02-10-2017, 04:22 PM
My prediction is that on the back of our disasterous start, we pull it round and finish 4th from bottom. In the meantime, the PL welcome Barca with open arms, but have to increase the number of teams relegated by one to accomodate them. We appeal, but all the other clubs vote us down, as apparently the lure of a trip to Catalunya is preferable to Selhurst (weird, I know)!!

:supergrin:

Latvian Eagle
02-10-2017, 04:25 PM
:supergrin:

He's probably not far off the truth to be fair. We always seem to get stitched up with shit like that.