PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now? Premier league ones to from 2014

firesign
02-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Interesting, illuminating and sobering article in Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/ng-interactive/2014/oct/13/next-generation-2014-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Includes Corie Andrews from Palace, who seemed to be going along quite nicely and now at the age of 20 is without a club.

Some other notables includes goalie Sam Howes - West Ham - who was part of the England under-17 squad that won the European Championships and is now without a club aged 19.

A few of them are still at their respective clubs but not yet made the breakthrough and a few of them are on loan at lower league clubs. Only real success so far is Marcus Rashford.

richdeniro
02-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Some other notables includes goalie Sam Howes - West Ham - who was part of the England under-17 squad that won the European Championships and is now without a club aged 19.

Could probably walk into our first team.

Leopald Stotch
02-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Stefan Broccoli- Newcastle. I'm 47- why am I giggling so much at his name.
Grow the f**k up!!

eddieskyclad
02-10-2017, 04:43 PM
It's funny how some of the top teenagers never make it as professionals and yet players who were just average as a teenager have good careers in the top flight. Years ago I used to date Phil Gilchrist's sister. His dad used to tell me that as a youth Phil was only ever a decent player and that nobody ever thought he would make it. But he stuck with it and something clicked... he ended up carving out a decent journeyman career for himself playing 61 games in the Premier League for Leicester/West Brom.

Big Gav
02-10-2017, 04:54 PM
It's funny how some of the top teenagers never make it as professionals and yet players who were just average as a teenager have good careers in the top flight. Years ago I used to date Phil Gilchrist's sister. His dad used to tell me that as a youth Phil was only ever a decent player and that nobody ever thought he would make it. But he stuck with it and something clicked... he ended up carving out a decent journeyman career for himself playing 61 games in the Premier League for Leicester/West Brom.

My mate went to school with Simon Osborn. Ok he wasn't a great but went on to have a career in football and was apparently a pretty shit footballer at school