PDA

View Full Version : Talksport

Pages : [1] 2

jamieb73
03-10-2017, 09:13 AM
BFS and Kevin Day on here with Jim White gonna talk about our beloved club until 1pm...BFS already said he is loving life too much to go back to footy, yawn...

Ralph
03-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Listening to it myself.

Can't stand Jim White.

Will update you all as and when (or if) anything interesting is said so that you also don't have to listen to the Selco adverts.

Dorking .Eagle
03-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Had the misfortune of listening to Simon Jordan on that station last night. Jeezes they lap up the stuff he comes out with.

At least if Kevin Day is on there, he can put them right on a few casual assumptions made by people who haven't actually watched a lot of us.

beef
03-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Sam is so reluctant to get a job that he keeps doing the media rounds...

Dorking .Eagle
03-10-2017, 09:21 AM
if) anything interesting is said so that you also don't have to listen to the Selco adverts.

...it's where the trade go

beef
03-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Forgot that this station is 80% adverts

Worksop Palace
03-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Forgot that this station is 80% adverts

And 20% bullshit

jamieb73
03-10-2017, 09:27 AM
its been 3 mins 43 seconds without an advert so far, must be a record. Looking foeward to what Kevin has to say

beef
03-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Couldn't listen beyond 5 minutes. Talking about Ozil's wages....

Kylie_Tracey
03-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Listening to it myself.

Can't stand Jim White.

Will update you all as and when (or if) anything interesting is said so that you also don't have to listen to the Selco adverts.

I cant stand White either, he reminds me of a Jock Motty

Maz
03-10-2017, 09:44 AM
Sam is so reluctant to get a job that he keeps doing the media rounds...

In fairness, it was management he retired from. Punditry is still very much a viable option.

beef
03-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Absolutely. He just seems like the type that likes a challenge though. Would not be surprised to see him back as manager soon.

Tim
03-10-2017, 09:57 AM
In fairness, it was management he retired from. Punditry is still very much a viable option.

That remains to be seen..

JackTheBiscuit
03-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Absolutely. He just seems like the type that likes a challenge though. Would not be surprised to see him back as manager soon.

Leicester looking likely to me. Easy call for owners to demote Shakespeare back to assistant as he was with Sam before

TouchyAndalou
03-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Sam: Dele Alli and Harry Kane can win England the World Cup.

Ok Sam :D

firesign
03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
I reckon he’ll end up becoming the next manager of one of Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Rep of Ireland.

TouchyAndalou
03-10-2017, 10:19 AM
I reckon heíll end up becoming the next manager of one of Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Rep of Ireland. He'll be back managing in the Premier League by January.

jamieb73
03-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Talking Palace now...

MasterYoda
03-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Kevin not holding back.

Ralph
03-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Day having a pop at some of Hodgsons press comments.

"Hadn't heard of Ladapo" and "What am I meant to do, I've got a player from Championship Wolves up front (ref: Sako)"

Hector
03-10-2017, 10:47 AM
I reckon heíll end up becoming the next manager of one of Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Rep of Ireland.

How about the next England manager? Seriously in 3 or 4 years times may well have changed.

Ralph
03-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Big Sam very guarded in his comments.

dim
03-10-2017, 10:53 AM
He's turned down Turkey as he's not ready.

They should have waited until Christmas.

Asagaya_Eagle
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Absolutely. He just seems like the type that likes a challenge though. Would not be surprised to see him back as our manager soon.

EFA

jimmy the gent
03-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Sam: Dele Alli and Harry Kane can win England the World Cup.

Ok Sam :D

I think it's fair to say they would feature for almost any team in the world in international competition. They wont win the WC for England though, as good as they are / may become the problem lies with the inept spineless management and culture, and mediocrity in the squad.

jimmy the gent
03-10-2017, 12:53 PM

"Hadn't heard of Ladapo" and "What am I meant to do, I've got a player from Championship Wolves up front (ref: Sako)"

Well that's all very unnecessary and snide of him (day). What a surprise.

andyocpfc
03-10-2017, 02:04 PM
What time were they talking Palace please so I can get on listen again?

Ralph
03-10-2017, 02:15 PM
What time were they talking Palace please so I can get on listen again?

About 11:45am - so I guess that's about an hour and 45 minutes into the show.

glaziers fan
03-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Big Sam will end up at Everton in December I reckon.

Ralph
03-10-2017, 02:25 PM

That's quite a good call but also wonder if they'll fancy a more glamourous name. Ancelotti?

andyocpfc
03-10-2017, 02:26 PM
About 11:45am - so I guess that's about an hour and 45 minutes into the show.

Thanks Ralph :p

johnp
03-10-2017, 03:18 PM

He could well go to Everton, but it may depend on how long he has to stay "retired" to fulfil his pay off agreement with Parish.

west eagle
03-10-2017, 03:39 PM
anyone got a quick overview what was said ??

TouchyAndalou
03-10-2017, 03:50 PM
I think it's fair to say they would feature for almost any team in the world in international competition. They wont win the WC for England though, as good as they are / may become the problem lies with the inept spineless management and culture, and mediocrity in the squad.I agree with your comments about the footballing culture, but I also think that part of that is hugely overrating English players. Back when Rooney broke onto the scene a bit like Kane has now, everybody was all "wow, one of the best 2 or 3 in the world!" when in reality he was miles off that. Or the nation's awe of Wilshire years ago thinking he was uniquely talented for his age, but then Pep, managing Barca at the time, said that yes he's a talented player, but Barcelona has a dozen youngsters just as good. It's difficult to argue with that now. There are numerous other examples.

I don't think Alli is a player who would walk into Germany's or Spain's or Brazil's midfields for a second or even some other sides. Kane is in great form at the moment but again he's done nothing in International or European club competition. The top International teams are made up of players who have delivered in big International and Champion's League games time after time.

Harry Holmesdale
03-10-2017, 04:49 PM
He could well go to Everton, but it may depend on how long he has to stay "retired" to fulfil his pay off agreement with Parish.

Couple of million wasn't it?

Peanuts to a team wanting to stave off relegation / revitalise their season

It's the lying that gets me - retiring changed to when I feel ready to now, if so and so came knocking I couldn't say no to the inevitable - the wife was fed up of me moping about the house so I reluctantly accepted the offer from XYZ FC

Only at Palace can we let these type of people slip through and replace them with numpties when there were great options available for all to see, terrible

Zohar's Penalty
03-10-2017, 04:57 PM

Are these comments genuine?

beef
03-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Are these comments genuine?

Similar to what Roy said but mixed with a bit of cynicism.

Roy said he didn't know much about Ladapo, and that he hadn't played much for Palace since signing from Margate. He also said we have a winger from Wolves playing the striker role after failing to land a striker in the transfer window.

Not sure what the problem is....

Terrace Bickle
03-10-2017, 05:27 PM
anyone got a quick overview what was said ??
Yes, everything has gone a bit shit.

jimmy the gent
03-10-2017, 05:40 PM
I agree with your comments about the footballing culture, but I also think that part of that is hugely overrating English players. Back when Rooney broke onto the scene a bit like Kane has now, everybody was all "wow, one of the best 2 or 3 in the world!" when in reality he was miles off that. Or the nation's awe of Wilshire years ago thinking he was uniquely talented for his age, but then Pep, managing Barca at the time, said that yes he's a talented player, but Barcelona has a dozen youngsters just as good. It's difficult to argue with that now. There are numerous other examples.

I don't think Alli is a player who would walk into Germany's or Spain's or Brazil's midfields for a second or even some other sides. Kane is in great form at the moment but again he's done nothing in International or European club competition. The top International teams are made up of players who have delivered in big International and Champion's League games time after time.

I agree re the overrating. However i stand by the fact that Kane and Alli would be picked for any Int teams for a world cup (ie included in squad of 24). Certainly Kane, and highly likely Alli at least.

Yoda
03-10-2017, 05:55 PM
I agree re the overrating. However i stand by the fact that Kane and Alli would be picked for any Int teams for a world cup (ie included in squad of 24). Certainly Kane, and highly likely Alli at least.

Kane froze at the last tournament, so has yet to prove himself as a great international player, in my opinion.

However, he does have the potential and is probably the best we have at the moment. I think heíd make most international squads, but not necessarily the starting 11.

JDawg
03-10-2017, 06:07 PM

In fairness most of us hadn't heard of Ladapo until this season.

johnp
03-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Couple of million wasn't it?

Peanuts to a team wanting to stave off relegation / revitalise their season

It's the lying that gets me - retiring changed to when I feel ready to now, if so and so came knocking I couldn't say no to the inevitable - the wife was fed up of me moping about the house so I reluctantly accepted the offer from XYZ FC

Only at Palace can we let these type of people slip through and replace them with numpties when there were great options available for all to see, terrible

I still believe that Sam used "retirement" as a reason to leave to be respectful to the club, rather than "I walked out because my plans and ambitions to bring the club to another level were not matched by the chairman"

cpfc4evandeva
03-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Similar to what Roy said but mixed with a bit of cynicism.

Roy said he didn't know much about Ladapo, and that he hadn't played much for Palace since signing from Margate. He also said we have a winger from Wolves playing the striker role after failing to land a striker in the transfer window.

Not sure what the problem is....

That's a really unnecessary and wanky comment in my view. Did Hodgson really say that?

Stellavista
03-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Jordan and Pearce. Now that's a meeting of minds. Could they mangle the English language any more effectively?

beef
03-10-2017, 07:12 PM
That's a really unnecessary and wanky comment in my view. Did Hodgson really say that?

Yes but I don't think it was meant maliciously. It's hardly an ideal situation is it? I think he was saying Sako has been asked to do a job he's not familiar with and is doing well.

Neckinger Eagle
03-10-2017, 07:13 PM

It's not inaccurate is it? For all we know Roy and Bakary had a conversation where Sako said 'look guv, I'm not very comfortable playing up front, I was a winger during my time at Wolves. I'll give it a go though'.

TWELLSEagle
03-10-2017, 07:38 PM
The more I read about Kevin Day the more I come to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick!

Oli28
03-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Yes but I don't think it was meant maliciously. It's hardly an ideal situation is it? I think he was saying Sako has been asked to do a job he's not familiar with and is doing well.
Yes, in a way. It's the "from wolves" but that's a bit snide. I'm sure that Sako doesn't see himself as a championship player. Didn't hear it myself so I don't know the context but it doesn't read well in terms of giving the player a boost.

Optimistic Kev
03-10-2017, 08:23 PM
The more I read about Kevin Day the more I come to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick!

You could it be more wrong.

beef
03-10-2017, 08:24 PM
It's worth listening to the interview. I took it to mean that Roy didn't know the players too well yet - especially the fringe players. No backhanded comments, I just don't think RH is that kind of guy...

stayingup
03-10-2017, 08:28 PM
it would be nice to hear a bit of chat in between the adverts on that crap station

New LP
03-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Yes, in a way. It's the "from wolves" but that's a bit snide. I'm sure that Sako doesn't see himself as a championship player. Didn't hear it myself so I don't know the context but it doesn't read well in terms of giving the player a boost.

Does he see himself as a league one player then?

SA Eagle
03-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Not exactly according to the BBC website:

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," added Hodgson of Sako

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.

eagle-leg
03-10-2017, 09:28 PM

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," added Hodgson of Sako

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.

Kevin Day getting his knickers in a twist over not a lot then.

Cant say im surprised.

beef
03-10-2017, 09:32 PM
He wanted FdB and he didn't want Hodgson...

TWELLSEagle
03-10-2017, 10:01 PM
You could it be more wrong.

Iím not sure itís a question of right or wrong.

Optimistic Kev
03-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Iím not sure itís a question of right or wrong.

It is with regards to your statement.

cpfc4evandeva
03-10-2017, 10:17 PM

That's the bit is totally wanky. Sako has been here for over two years and whilst not a success, the dismissive way Hodgson has effectively described him as a Wolves player just doesn't sound good to me.

If de Boer had said that, people would be pointing out that it shows how unharmonius the manager-player relationship was.

cpfc4evandeva
03-10-2017, 10:21 PM
It's not inaccurate is it? For all we know Roy and Bakary had a conversation where Sako said 'look guv, I'm not very comfortable playing up front, I was a winger during my time at Wolves. I'll give it a go though'.

No problem with him pointing out that Sako was playing out of position, but the 'from Wolves' bit? He's been at Palace longer than 10 other players in the 25.

Kylie_Tracey
03-10-2017, 10:51 PM
No problem with him pointing out that Sako was playing out of position, but the 'from Wolves' bit? He's been at Palace longer than 10 other players in the 25.

that just about sums up the clown and we really shouldn't be surprised, expect more of the same in the coming weeks, hopefully we'll have BFS back on board soon.

eagles #1
03-10-2017, 11:33 PM
that just about sums up the clown and we really shouldn't be surprised, expect more of the same in the coming weeks, hopefully we'll have BFS back on board soon.

Yep. Hodgson is a ******* joke. What was Parish thinking ffs?

cockles
04-10-2017, 12:20 AM
He's turned down Turkey as he's not ready.

They should have waited until Christmas.

Turkeys can't wait until Christmas dude, too late for them by then.

beef
04-10-2017, 03:09 AM
I would have preferred Sam but he clearly doesn't want the job. I don't really get what makes Hodgson a 'clown' and a 'joke'. Is it because he failed a England? Is it because he's old? or is it to do with the way he speaks? Such an odd bunch on here.

MFBias
04-10-2017, 03:46 AM
Failed with England just like every other manager in recent history but with one of the more average of players available in his era?

bigGcpfc
04-10-2017, 06:00 AM
I would have preferred Sam but he clearly doesn't want the job. I don't really get what makes Hodgson a 'clown' and a 'joke'. Is it because he failed a England? Is it because he's old? or is it to do with the way he speaks? Such an odd bunch on here.

I don't think people being concerned about RH as our manager is odd. We are really down at the moment and we have a guy in charge who hardly looks like he will inspire or motivate a group of players on their knees right now. We are where we are now and we aren't going to get rid of RH but his general manner hardly excites me.

beef
04-10-2017, 06:02 AM
So it's about how he looks/sounds then - at least that explains it.

So far I think the fact that he sets up with 4 at the back, plays people in the right position and makes sense during interviews puts him miles above FdB. We'll just have to wait and see if that translates into results.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 06:09 AM

What a load of rubbish - nothing wrong with Roy's comments. Why are you so desperate to beat up Roy?

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Yep. Hodgson is a ******* joke. What was Parish thinking ffs?

Your post is a ******* joke

FMH57
04-10-2017, 06:47 AM
What a load of rubbish - nothing wrong with Roy's comments. Why are you so desperate to beat up Roy?

Commiting to a contract longer than 12 months to anyone who has turned 70 is pretty strange in any business , let alone a sport.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Commiting to a contract longer than 12 months to anyone who has turned 70 is pretty strange in any business , let alone a sport.

I don't see why?

FMH57
04-10-2017, 07:08 AM
I don't see why?

Because the average life expectancy for males in the UK is 79.6 years. Which is why the retirement age is set at 65. That is because towards the end of their lives, people lose their faculties and capability of doing their jobs. This is particularly relevant if someones job involves short sudden stress and physical exercise such as sport.

beef
04-10-2017, 07:09 AM
******* hell

Lombardo 888
04-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Because the average life expectancy for males in the UK is 79.6 years. Which is why the retirement age is set at 65. That is because towards the end of their lives, people lose their faculties and capability of doing their jobs. This is particularly relevant if someones job involves short sudden stress and physical exercise such as sport.

What a pile of crap

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 07:12 AM

very true and very relevant and good points, yet dare to mention facts like this and one gets shot down and the "ageist" card is raised, RH should have been put out to pasture years ago.

SussexRed&Blue
04-10-2017, 07:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that we would not be in this mess if RH had been appointed early in the Summer with a full pre season and transfer window. A safe pair of hands with vast experience. Like Allardyce he is a good communicator and have much more confidence in him than with FDB. It didn't take RH long at all to work out our best team which has now been disrupted by injuries.

FDB even after a full pre season was still experimenting in the 1st 3 important games of the season when he should of had a settled plan and known the side he wanted to play.

With RH he will work out which players need an arm round the shoulder or the ones that need a big stick to motivate them!

Feel this team is very much one that relies on confidence and could get on a run if something finally goes our way.

With Wilf back in the side and maybe a forward that we can source from somewhere we may have a chance to recover.

Groinstrain
04-10-2017, 07:22 AM

**** me! Roy playing wing back now then?

FMH57
04-10-2017, 07:23 AM
very true and very relevant and good points, yet dare to mention facts like this and one gets shot down and the "ageist" card is raised, RH should have been put out to pasture years ago.

I didn't actually say it was wrong to appoint Roy. Just it is "strange", in any business to commit to a two year contract to someone who older than 70 years.

FMH57
04-10-2017, 07:23 AM
**** me! Roy playing wing back now then?

Does he not like to take training sessions himself ?

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 07:25 AM

Delete account

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Disgusting post. Shows you up to be a small minded idiot.

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Your post is a ******* joke

It's true though isn't it? Hodgson is a national joke. The rest of the country is taking the piss out of us. Take your rose tinted glasses off. We'd be pissing ourselves if another club appointed Roy 'ummm mmm ummm' Hodgson.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 07:53 AM
It is with regards to your statement.

I think youíll find that whether or not someone is ďa bit of a dickĒ is entirely subjective. So, ironically youíre wrong. Quotes Iíve read and pods Iíve listened to have led me to consider this. My opinion of course may change, perhaps he just sounds like one

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 07:53 AM
It's true though isn't it? Hodgson is a national joke. The rest of the country is taking the piss out of us. Take your rose tinted glasses off. We'd be pissing ourselves if another club appointed Roy 'ummm mmm ummm' Hodgson.

the biggest joke in world football, to think he could have taken the greatest most successful club in British football down had he stayed, I cant see how folks dont see what a hopeless clown he has become, the spells at Blackburn,Liverpool and England show that, very high profile roles and the three ended in abysmal embarrassing failure

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Delete account

put him on ignore if you dont like his/mine or anyone's comments because there is going to be far more of the same in the coming weeks, div.

Jordan's Jacket
04-10-2017, 08:02 AM
If you believe that Roy is a joke ((which I don't ) then we are a perfect match.

Pinkie Brown
04-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Disgrace!! if anyone is a shit failed Wolves reject playing out of position its Hennessey! :D

SA Eagle
04-10-2017, 08:13 AM
the biggest joke in world football, to think he could have taken the greatest most successful club in British football down had he stayed, I cant see how folks dont see what a hopeless clown he has become, the spells at Blackburn,Liverpool and England show that, very high profile roles and the three ended in abysmal embarrassing failure

You've lost the plot mate. Go have a lie down.

FMH57
04-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Delete account

For what reason? Having the opinion that someone aged above 70 being offered a two year contract is wrong and then stating facts on why I think that is wrong?

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 08:16 AM
You've lost the plot mate. Go have a lie down.

I've got a memory like an elephant sadly

Urine Mattress
04-10-2017, 08:17 AM

Oh no, are all the nasty men laughing at us

beef
04-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Bit sad really isn't it. I doubt RH was many peoples first choice but given our shambolic start to the season, who did we expect to appoint? To come out of it with a manager who has a good track record at our level is quite an achievement.

JackTheBiscuit
04-10-2017, 08:24 AM
We can be laughed at for many reasons at the moment - no goals, no points, thrashings at both Manchester clubs in successive weeks, giving a manager four games before sacking him, a shite ground and infrastructure despite 5 years of PL money, no fit striker at the club, the worst goalkeeper in the league by a distance, Jordon Mutch being anywhere near the first team.....................

Roy Hodgson is way down the list.

Stavros 69
04-10-2017, 08:36 AM
When the players have more power than the manager and owners, then we as a team are finished. Thatís the key in all this. Forget FdB and RH, if the players have too much power, are not performing and are in the owners ear then weíre properly screwed. It doesnít matter what manager we have.

beef
04-10-2017, 08:53 AM
When the players have more power than the manager and owners, then we as a team are finished. Thatís the key in all this. Forget FdB and RH, if the players have too much power, are not performing and are in the owners ear then weíre properly screwed. It doesnít matter what manager we have.

You could argue the same thing happened under Holloway and it got sorted. I don't think players raising grievances is the same as having more power than the manager and board. If anything it's good that they want to play a system that they know will work.

Simple&Stupid
04-10-2017, 08:55 AM

Just seen this. If there were to be a General election in, say, 2 years time, then its quite possible a 70 year old Jeremy Corbyn would be given a 5 year contract in what's a fairly stressful job.

Jordan's Jacket
04-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Just seen this. If there were to be a General election in, say, 2 years time, then its quite possible a 70 year old Jeremy Corbyn would be given a 5 year contract in what's a fairly stressful job.

tbf if that is the case then we are all f#cked

Harry Holmesdale
04-10-2017, 09:32 AM
I still believe that Sam used "retirement" as a reason to leave to be respectful to the club, rather than "I walked out because my plans and ambitions to bring the club to another level were not matched by the chairman"

Yep

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 09:39 AM

If BFS has retired then my name is Joshua N' Kono

TouchyAndalou
04-10-2017, 10:09 AM
tbf if that is the case then we are all f#cked
Worrying about Jeremy Corbyn getting the job when Theresa May currently has the job is like worrying about Roberto Martinez becoming your manager when Tim Sherwood is already your manager.

HRS
04-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Sam saw this coming, knew we still needed strengthening and knew be wouldn't be given funds or transfer freedom from director of football Steve Parish and got out while his stock was high.

IMO of course.

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Sam saw this coming, knew we still needed strengthening and knew be wouldn't be given funds or transfer freedom from director of football Steve Parish and got out while his stock was high.

IMO of course.

But did it in a dignified and respectful manor , shame the same can't be said of a certain England ex manager who left the position disgracefully

beef
04-10-2017, 10:17 AM
lol what about the way Allardyce left the England job?

TouchyAndalou
04-10-2017, 10:28 AM
But did it in a dignified and respectful manor , shame the same can't be said of a certain England ex manager who left the position disgracefullyYour hand-wringing over Hodgson is... weird. I didn't particularly want him either, but he's here now and who gives a shit how he left the England job, which was years ago. It's hard to make a case for him being anything but a thoroughly decent fellow, so why are you so concerned about him not wanting to give an interview immediately after he'd left an International post? It has literally no bearing on the job he's tasked with here. Weird.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 10:31 AM

I wouldn't be. You might be laughing along with all the other idiots.

He's clearly a very successful football manager with a far better chance of keeping us in the league than FdeB.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 10:32 AM
put him on ignore if you dont like his/mine or anyone's comments because there is going to be far more of the same in the coming weeks, div.

No thanks I'd rather just rile you by responding with sense. Now go and get an education.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 10:33 AM
For what reason? Having the opinion that someone aged above 70 being offered a two year contract is wrong and then stating facts on why I think that is wrong?

Yes

beef
04-10-2017, 10:33 AM
This level of debate is what you would expect on Talksport, so I guess we're in the right thread!

It's pretty obvious why RH didn't want to face the press again after going out in such an embarrassing way. Resigning is surely enough of a statement isn't it?

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't be. You might be laughing along with all the other idiots.

He's clearly a very successful football manager with a far better chance of keeping us in the league than FdeB.
We'll see.

Hope you're right. But I know if I was a 25 year old Premier League footballer on £80k a week and I had 70 year old Roy Hodgson, wearing shorts on the training pitch trying to mumble his way in to giving me instructions, I'd soon lose concentration, and certainly wouldn't 'fear' him in the dressing room if I'd put in a shit performance. In fact I'd have to hold back my laughter.

Optimistic Kev
04-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I think youíll find that whether or not someone is ďa bit of a dickĒ is entirely subjective. So, ironically youíre wrong. Quotes Iíve read and pods Iíve listened to have led me to consider this. My opinion of course may change, perhaps he just sounds like one

OK, I'll indulge you.

Please give me some examples of statements\quotes he has made, details of pod's etc where you feel he may have come across as a 'bit of a dick'. If you make your subjective statements you shouldn't have a problem in backing them up.

"she said", "a mate of mine heard" etc don't really count.

Over to you.....

beef
04-10-2017, 10:43 AM
We'll see.

Hope you're right. But I know if I was a 25 year old Premier League footballer on £80k a week and I had 70 year old Roy Hodgson, wearing shorts on the training pitch trying to mumble his way in to giving me instructions, I'd soon lose concentration, and certainly wouldn't 'fear' him in the dressing room if I'd put in a shit performance. In fact I'd have to hold back my laughter.

Depends on your outlook and attitude I suppose. Personally I'd be impressed by someone who has a wealth of experience, likes to improve players and speaks multiple languages. I thought the interview with Dean Kiely on FYP gave a really good insight into what it's like to work with RH.

eagle mart
04-10-2017, 10:46 AM
We'll see.

That just shows a lack of respect. When someone who rocks up in skinny jeans garners more respect from a 25 year old player rather than an Internationally successful manager, who speaks 5 languages, and managed players much better than them, then that player is already doomed to have an average career. And their perception of their world is all just... a bit wrong

beef
04-10-2017, 10:47 AM
We'd have a lot more to worry about if that was the general attitude of Palace players too....

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 10:55 AM
That just shows a lack of respect. When someone who rocks up in skinny jeans garners more respect from a 25 year old player rather than an Internationally successful manager, who speaks 5 languages, and managed players much better than them, then that player is already doomed to have an average career. And their perception of their world is all just... a bit wrong

He's not been in club football for 6/7 years? He was a national joke in his last job.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 10:59 AM
We'll see.

Well that makes you an idiot then.

Ps I don't think 'fear' is a tactic any PL manager can successfully apply these days.

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Well that makes you an idiot then.

Ps I don't think 'fear' is a tactic any PL manager can successfully apply these days.

I'm assuming you're quite old. I'm sorry to tell you, a lot of this generation of footballers will have the mindset I've posted above. As sad as it is.

I work with young footballers.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 11:13 AM
I'm assuming you're quite old. I'm sorry to tell you, a lot of this generation of footballers will have the mindset I've posted above. As sad as it is.

I work with young footballers.

Haha depends how you define old. I'm in my mid 30s.

I think working with "young footballers" and working with "young professional footballers" might be a very different experience.

I understand that the squad are highly impressed with Roy and the testimonials from players he has previously managed also suggests he is very highly regarded.

eagle mart
04-10-2017, 11:18 AM
He's not been in club football for 6/7 years? He was a national joke in his last job.

Every England manager is a 'national joke'. The team is a 'national joke' and has been every tournament since 1990. He hasn't managed a club, because he was managing England. You know the team that won all their qualifying games? And these squads of the last 6 years, are some of the weakest we've had in 25 years... I reckon.

He's managed Inter Milan, ffs. God knows how many national sides, and in tournaments, I think.

You seem more worried about what your mates think. Brush it off, rather than letting it eat you up inside.

Hodgson wasn't my choice, but I'd take him over FDB, and the other dross hanging around out of work.

My mate at work is best mates with an England analyst. Hodgson might be older now and cant swivel and bang one in the top corner like he used to. But still breathes football. When the group was together he worked 15 hour days, up at 6am with the analysts going over data. Planning the training, and then taking to the field. Organising the coaches, when he wasn't working directly with the players. A real grafter. Sandown Eagle had a thread on twitter, after seeing every England game over Hodgson's tenure.

The Iceland game doesn't define an entire career - it only does to the meme generation.

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Haha depends how you define old. I'm in my mid 30s.

I think working with "young footballers" and working with "young professional footballers" might be a very different experience.

I understand that the squad are highly impressed with Roy and the testimonials from players he has previously managed also suggests he is very highly regarded.We'll have to agree to disagree. Zaha said he thinks De Boer should have been given more time...After Hodgson had been appointed.

Not a great vote of confidence for our current boss I'd suggest..

Stavros 69
04-10-2017, 11:28 AM
You could argue the same thing happened under Holloway and it got sorted. I don't think players raising grievances is the same as having more power than the manager and board. If anything it's good that they want to play a system that they know will work.

Itís not their choice. The manager should be in charge end of.

McpfcS
04-10-2017, 11:32 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree. Zaha said he thinks De Boer should have been given more time...After Hodgson had been appointed.

Haha he was being diplomatic and making a point about the general harshness of being a football manager.

eagles #1
04-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Haha he was being diplomatic and making a point about the general harshness of being a football manager.

Haha, of course he was.

Harry Bassett
04-10-2017, 11:55 AM
A seventy year old may not look as good as a thirty year old in football shorts but what the seventy year old has that a thirty year old cannot match is experience,knowledge and thinking ability acquired over time.

Do not assume that because a bloke has a few wrinkles and a speech impediment that his brain goes into decline.

Players will perhaps suss out a manager or coach but they also know when they dealing with some one they can respect. Many on here think they have superior knowledge and ability to those involved professionally in the game.

It has to be said that for people like Roy to survive this long in the game it indicates that he must have something about him which stands out in a profession which operates on the basis of " show us your medals"

Jordan's Jacket
04-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Worrying about Jeremy Corbyn getting the job when Theresa May currently has the job is like worrying about Roberto Martinez becoming your manager when Tim Sherwood is already your manager.

More like FdB to be replaced by Pete the Eagle

Psych
04-10-2017, 01:11 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. Zaha said he thinks De Boer should have been given more time...After Hodgson had been appointed.

Says more about Zaha than Hodgson tbf

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 01:13 PM
A seventy year old may not look as good as a thirty year old in football shorts but what the seventy year old has that a thirty year old cannot match is experience,knowledge and thinking ability acquired over time.

Do not assume that because a bloke has a few wrinkles and a speech impediment that his brain goes into decline.

Players will perhaps suss out a manager or coach but they also know when they dealing with some one they can respect. Many on here think they have superior knowledge and ability to those involved professionally in the game.

It has to be said that for people like Roy to survive this long in the game it indicates that he must have something about him which stands out in a profession which operates on the basis of " show us your medals"

a 70 year old is also far likely to show symptoms of dementia and Alzheimers than a 40 year old, thats just Mother Nature at work and nothing can halt that and sadly his brain whilst England manager seemed to be in decline especially bringing on Rashford in injury time when we were all but smashed against Iceland, it was clear he'd lost all sense of time and his surroundings, how can we trust someone with such huge responsibility if a similar scenario was to happen again and our PL survival depended on it?

Reg_Maudling
04-10-2017, 01:16 PM
A lot of people seem to think roy might be too soft
Well those people should just ask themselves would he have managed for 40 years including three previous pl teams and four national teams if he was too soft?

Barbara4003
04-10-2017, 01:22 PM
a 70 year old is also far likely to show symptoms of dementia and Alzheimers than a 40 year old, thats just Mother Nature at work and nothing can halt that and sadly his brain whilst England manager seemed to be in decline especially bringing on Rashford in injury time when we were all but smashed against Iceland, it was clear he'd lost all sense of time and his surroundings, how can we trust someone with such huge responsibility if a similar scenario was to happen again and our PL survival depended on it?

You really are a prize tw*t.

Apart from all the crud posting from you on this thread (and possibly other threads, I wouldn't know) the fact you referred to RH as 'Woy' on another thread says an awful lot about you.

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 01:29 PM
You really are a prize tw*t.

Apart from all the crud posting from you on this thread (and possibly other threads, I wouldn't know) the fact you referred to RH as 'Woy' on another thread says an awful lot about you.

its only a nickname good grief, how many years has Big Sam been called Big Fat Sam throughout his entire career and did he ever get his knickers in a twist and make an issue of it? dont be such a silly sausage now!:supergrin:

Maidstoned Eagle
04-10-2017, 01:42 PM
its only a nickname good grief, how many years has Big Sam been called Big Fat Sam throughout his entire career and did he ever get his knickers in a twist and make an issue of it? dont be such a silly sausage now!:supergrin:

Youīve upset barbs......thatīs difficult.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 04:12 PM
OK, I'll indulge you.

Please give me some examples of statements\quotes he has made, details of pod's etc where you feel he may have come across as a 'bit of a dick'. If you make your subjective statements you shouldn't have a problem in backing them up.

"she said", "a mate of mine heard" etc don't really count.

Over to you.....

His comments about BBS posters were arrogant and conceited and the comments attributed to him earlier in this thread, mocking hodgeson and twisting his quotes, make him seem to me like a “bit of a dick.”

You seem very protective over him. Not sure why. Everybody says stupid things now and again. I don’t know him. He may well not be a dick, which is why my statement was qualified.

Worksop Palace
04-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Youīve upset barbs......thatīs difficult.

You've upset me with those spaces between the letters and whatever Spanish equivalent you've inserted in place of an apostrophe.

Heathen

Simple&Stupid
04-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Jeremy Corbyn becoming premier is a worry but that wasn't my point. Why do people think 70 is too old to manage a football club (!) but not too old to manage a country?

Optimistic Kev
04-10-2017, 05:42 PM
His comments about BBS posters were arrogant and conceited and the comments attributed to him earlier in this thread, mocking hodgeson and twisting his quotes, make him seem to me like a ďbit of a dick.Ē

You seem very protective over him. Not sure why. Everybody says stupid things now and again. I donít know him. He may well not be a dick, which is why my statement was qualified.

So youíve based it on one statement that you didnít actually hear from yourself? Yet you think this qualifies him as a dick.

Thatís genius.

Not over protective at all but every time I have heard him speak, seen him on the TV etc he has never come across as this at all.

You on the other hand.............

Yoda
04-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Jeremy Corbyn becoming premier is a worry but that wasn't my point. Why do people think 70 is too old to manage a football club (!) but not too old to manage a country?

Possibly because international management is a bit more part-time, except during tournaments?

The role involves team selection, formations etc....but less tracksuit-wearing coaching every morning at the training ground on an almost daily basis for your club.

Thereís also the issue of relating to and being credible to young players, who youíll work with more at club level.

Ofcourse some 70 year olds have done a great job and age shouldnít preclude Hodgson.

bubbs11
04-10-2017, 06:54 PM

Exactly. Take a listen to Dean Kiley's interview on FYP pod I think a couple of weeks ago. He talked so highly about Roy as a manager and said he was well liked by his players.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 07:04 PM
So you’ve based it on one statement that you didn’t actually hear from yourself? Yet you think this qualifies him as a dick.

That’s genius.

Not over protective at all but every time I have heard him speak, seen him on the TV etc he has never come across as this at all.

No, again you’re quite wrong and perfectly content to twist my words. Either that or you’re hard of thinking. I said I was “coming to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick.” I’m not so sure why you’re personally affronted. You’re being a drama queen. He may very well be a top bloke. Whatever, I don’t really care.

And of course it’s not genius ffs, I’m idly speculating.

Maz
04-10-2017, 07:08 PM
. I said I was ďcoming to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick.Ē .
No you didn't.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 07:43 PM

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 07:43 PM
No you didn't.

Oh ffs, I wish Iíd never said anything, bunch of precious pedants.

Nostrils
04-10-2017, 08:07 PM
bunch of precious pendants.

https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/507400/142774495/stock-photo-illustration-of-a-set-of-necklace-women-with-precious-stones-142774495.jpg

FMH57
04-10-2017, 08:10 PM

Maybe because the oldest elected PM in history is William Gladstone (82) wheras they has never been a manager appointed in first flight European football older than 70 ?

beef
04-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Our youth obsessed media has left a lot of us morons not respecting our elders

Maz
04-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Oh ffs, I wish Iíd never said anything, bunch of precious pedants.

So do I. But you did, and then - oddly - lied about what you said.

Maidstoned Eagle
04-10-2017, 09:19 PM
You've upset me with those spaces between the letters and whatever Spanish equivalent you've inserted in place of an apostrophe.

Its my new style , I'm going to be a Spanish ramb01

Purepalace
04-10-2017, 09:24 PM

I think it may have been said before but Rambo1 may be posting by speech to text. I don't know if that's true but I'm willing to accept that until told otherwise.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
04-10-2017, 09:27 PM
I think it may have been said before but Rambo1 may be posting by speech to text. I don't know if that's true but I'm willing to except that until told otherwise.
You should accept it rather than except it.

Purepalace
04-10-2017, 09:31 PM
You should accept it rather than except it.

Do one x

Optimistic Kev
04-10-2017, 09:33 PM
No, again youíre quite wrong and perfectly content to twist my words. Either that or youíre hard of thinking. I said I was ďcoming to the conclusion he may be a bit of a dick.Ē Iím not so sure why youíre personally affronted. Youíre being a drama queen. He may very well be a top bloke. Whatever, I donít really care.

And of course itís not genius ffs, Iím idly speculating.

So then you chose to insult people on the BBS but Iím the drama queen!

I, unfortunately, see you infect every thread on the BBS but when you get called out on it you become precious and insult people.

There are names for people like you but I choose not to resort to that.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 09:49 PM
So then you chose to insult people on the BBS but Iím the drama queen!

I, unfortunately, see you infect every thread on the BBS but when you get called out on it you become precious and insult people.

There are names for people like you but I choose not to resort to that.

Of course you do. And yes you are a drama queen. Now go tend your wounds.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
So do I. But you did, and then - oddly - lied about what you said.

But you are the one lying, as I have evidenced what I posted. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up. Baffling. I mean there it is, what I posted and what I claimed to have posted, on this very page, just above, yet you call me a liar. The audacity is utterly incredible. There’s literally no point in engaging with people like you.

Optimistic Kev
04-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Youíve proved every point I made about you.

An utterly pathetic response but I shouldnít have expected anything different from you.

Iím done on this now but no doubt youíll want the last word so over to you.

Worksop Palace
04-10-2017, 09:54 PM

You would make more sense to be fair

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 09:57 PM
So youíve based it on one statement that you didnít actually hear from yourself? Yet you think this qualifies him as a dick.

Thatís genius.

And might I point out the hypocrisy here. I donít really give a damn what you call me, whether itís snide like the above or more forthright like I choose, but donít sit on your high horse and pretend youíre above insult. Youíre totally transparent.

TWELLSEagle
04-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Youíve proved every point I made about you.

An utterly pathetic response but I shouldnít have expected anything different from you.

Iím done on this now but no doubt youíll want the last word so over to you.

You were done on this a long time ago. Iím not even sure why you started. Cheerio

chandlem68
04-10-2017, 09:59 PM
What does FMH stand for ?

A) Foolish Mendacious Half-wit?
B) Fatuous Meat Head ?
C) Foul Mouthed Harassment ?
D) Find Me Hodgson ?

Worksop Palace
04-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Feed my horse

TouchyAndalou
04-10-2017, 10:16 PM
"**** me, Hennessey!"

Worksop Palace
04-10-2017, 10:17 PM
"**** me, Hennessey!"

:supergrin: winner

Very good

TouchyAndalou
04-10-2017, 10:17 PM
Fifty more hours ( until we're relegated)

Urine Mattress
04-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Haha, of course he was.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, are they. We could have appointed Jose Mourinho and he could still make the point that a manager should have more than 4 games to prove themselves.

Any way don't let me interrupt. Continue with

Blah blah Parish
something Hodgson
Joke, everyone's laughing
The melting ice caps is clearly a withering indictment on Hodgson's training methods
Embarrassment

Etc

Kylie_Tracey
04-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Fifty more hours ( until we're relegated)

I wonder how many more managers we'll have in that time? the clown we have ATM cant have long left

4 cryingOutloud
04-10-2017, 10:47 PM
You were done on this a long time ago. Iím not even sure why you started. Cheerio

Oh right. Goodbye, and please don't return until you mature somewhat.

Billy Rhino
04-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Full Metal Handbags

PeterH
05-10-2017, 03:25 AM
Forwards Might Help

TWELLSEagle
05-10-2017, 06:10 AM
Oh right. Goodbye, and please don't return until you mature somewhat.

Iím not going anywhere, sorry to disappoint you.

Simple&Stupid
05-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Possibly because international management is a bit more part-time, except during tournaments?

The role involves team selection, formations etc....but less tracksuit-wearing coaching every morning at the training ground on an almost daily basis for your club.

Thereís also the issue of relating to and being credible to young players, who youíll work with more at club level.

Ofcourse some 70 year olds have done a great job and age shouldnít preclude Hodgson.

I meant Corbyn as Prime Minister at 70 not Corbyn managing the England team. But then again.....

old traf
05-10-2017, 08:53 AM
You would still be writting bull sh1t combined with football ignorance

Simple&Stupid
05-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Maybe because the oldest elected PM in history is William Gladstone (82) wheras they has never been a manager appointed in first flight European football older than 70 ?

Again this misses the point. Roy's mental capabilities are being questioned simply because he's 70. Whereas a significant section of the population, including, apparently, many yoofs, see no mental capability issues with a 70 year old Corbyn leading a Government. I'd suggest the stresses of leading a government outweigh those of managing a football club.

Kylie_Tracey
05-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Again this misses the point. Roy's mental capabilities are being questioned simply because he's 70. Whereas a significant section of the population, including, apparently, many yoofs, see no mental capability issues with a 70 year old Corbyn leading a Government. I'd suggest the stresses of leading a government outweigh those of managing a football club.

comparing the mental capabilities of the Labour leader and a manager of a football club is like comparing one of the Chuckle Brothers to Stephen Hawkin

Worksop Palace
05-10-2017, 09:02 AM
comparing the mental capability of the Labour leader and a manager of a football club is like comparing one of the Chuckle Brothers to Stephen Hawkin

Chuckle Brothers > Corbyn

Hector
05-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Chuckle Brothers > Corbyn

:lux:

Terrace Bickle
05-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Again this misses the point. Roy's mental capabilities are being questioned simply because he's 70.

I've spoken to many a 30 year old who sound like they're in their 70's and vice versa. I've no doubt Roy has had the money and taken the opportunity to look after himself very well.

4 cryingOutloud
05-10-2017, 02:08 PM
I’m not going anywhere, sorry to disappoint you.

But you said Cheerio, did you not? By the way, are you really 36?

GrayP41ace
05-10-2017, 02:15 PM

Sorted probably isn't the right term, prolonged morelike.

Pulis straightened some of the shit out, and promptly done the off.
Warnock was walked over.
Pardew did a bit of steadying, until he and the players fell out.
Sam's turn to straighten the same shit out, before promptly doing the off.
FDB and the players fell out instantly.

This whole system that works thing is nonsense too. Every system will work, if everyone is doing what needs to be done and well enough. It's the ones that don't want to do it that will **** it up.

Our system of sit back, soak up attacks, hit clubs on the counter, has worked less and less and less every season we have been here. Something needed to change, Pardew and de Boer went too quick, but they were right to try it.

beef
05-10-2017, 02:21 PM
I agree with you on a lot of that apart from the system. We don't have wing backs or anyone who can adapt to play the role well. Playing 3-5-2 with our players was madness.

Hector
05-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Sorted probably isn't the right term, prolonged morelike.

Pulis straightened some of the shit out, and promptly done the off.
Warnock was walked over.
Pardew did a bit of steadying, until he and the players fell out.
Sam's turn to straighten the same shit out, before promptly doing the off.
FDB and the players fell out instantly.

This whole system that works thing is nonsense too. Every system will work, if everyone is doing what needs to be done and well enough. It's the ones that don't want to do it that will **** it up.

Our system of sit back, soak up attacks, hit clubs on the counter, has worked less and less and less every season we have been here. Something needed to change, Pardew and de Boer went too quick, but they were right to try it.

Is that right? Pulis and Sam both play the counter attack and those were successful periods. Holloway and Warnock weren't up to the job so essentially the style didn't matter then. Pardew had a flyer of a six months then the wheels blow off. FdB is less said the better.

AJ8
05-10-2017, 02:37 PM
comparing the mental capabilities of the Labour leader and a manager of a football club is like comparing one of the Chuckle Brothers to Stephen Hawkin

Who's Steven Hawkin?

TWELLSEagle
05-10-2017, 04:53 PM
But you said Cheerio, did you not? By the way, are you really 36?

Your pal announced he had had enough, after using the classic, I will leave you have the last word, how very mature. I was merely being polite.

Been checking out my profile then. Yes I am 36. Are you really? Oh wait, I haven’t a clue who you are and I don’t really care.

beef
05-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Your age is in the top right of each post

TWELLSEagle
05-10-2017, 04:58 PM

So it is! For some it would seem. I’m happy with 36, feel much older

TWELLSEagle
05-10-2017, 05:02 PM
For what it’s worth, and in an attempt to engage in the actual thread, I do think we might still survive

thereichstuff
05-10-2017, 05:04 PM

Yours isn't :)

Reg_Maudling
05-10-2017, 05:13 PM
For what itís worth, and in an attempt to engage in the actual thread, I do think we might still survive

It is still possible

COYP!

Cyneagle
06-10-2017, 09:29 AM
10.30AM

Ray Wilkins on now. Take a listen.

WLYWLYAWYPWF
06-10-2017, 09:31 AM
10.30AM

Tanked up

Cyneagle
06-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Tanked up

Very sad.

thereichstuff
06-10-2017, 09:44 AM
10.30AM

Smashing

Kylie_Tracey
06-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Tanked up

I thought he's joined AA?

radiomike
06-10-2017, 10:13 AM
amazingly wilkins and fellow sot brazil the other Friday giving advice to Rooney

SA Eagle
06-10-2017, 03:05 PM
All those gnashing their teeth over Hodgson's age should thank their lucky stars they don't support Bayern Munich; appointing a 72 year old as manager, how embarrassing!

Kylie_Tracey
06-10-2017, 03:45 PM
All those gnashing their teeth over Hodgson's age should thank their lucky stars they don't support Bayern Munich; appointing a 72 year old as manager, how embarrassing!

his CV is just a little bit more impressive though, he was winning the CL while RH was making a complete fool of himself with England, I've said it once and I'll say it again Woy is a clown, always has been always will be.

Sleeping Giant
06-10-2017, 03:48 PM

And Dino Zoff, world cup winning keeper at 40 with Italy in '82. Speroni might not be good enough but it isn't just due to age necessarily.

SA Eagle
06-10-2017, 06:56 PM
his CV is just a little bit more impressive though, he was winning the CL while RH was making a complete fool of himself with England, I've said it once and I'll say it again Woy is a clown, always has been always will be.

And you're Wanker giving it the "Woy" stuff but it doesn't need to stated over and over

Kylie_Tracey
06-10-2017, 10:51 PM
And you're Wanker giving it the "Woy" stuff but it doesn't need to stated over and over

big poofter :supergrin:

PALACEWU
06-10-2017, 11:02 PM

What a tosser you come across as. I'm fairly certain you are a stonewall twat.

Kylie_Tracey
06-10-2017, 11:04 PM
What a tosser you come across as. I'm fairly certain you are a stonewall twat.

I'm fairly certain you are just as much as one, follow the sheep like the rest of the brain dead fools

Kylie_Tracey
06-10-2017, 11:13 PM

so you think his tenure as the England manager was one of managerial excellence? tactical brilliance? and a PR masterclass? I tend to think he came across as a clueless buffoon? did his performance lead you to think contrary?

cod
07-10-2017, 12:00 AM
so you think his tenure as the England manager was one of managerial excellence? tactical brilliance? and a PR masterclass? I tend to think he came across as a clueless buffoon? did his performance lead you to think contrary?
Perhaps as England manager he did under perform.
Fact is, he was good enough to be appointed England manager.
Funnily enough, our last manager was also good enough to become England manager.
I must have missed the point when ex-England managers were not good enough to manage the biggest club in ...... London, England, Europe ....Croydon.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Perhaps as England manager he did under perform.
Fact is, he was good enough to be appointed England manager.
Funnily enough, our last manager was also good enough to become England manager.
I must have missed the point when ex-England managers were not good enough to manage the biggest club in ...... London, England, Europe ....Croydon.

what are we going to do if he has Tekkers taking the corners?

glenn.f
07-10-2017, 08:15 AM

No different to virtually any manager in the England hotseat when you gauge the opinions of many a supporter.
Its more about your general level of respect fella that gets the pulse rising. Must be a generational thing I reckon.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 08:22 AM
No different to virtually any manager in the England hotseat when you gauge the opinions of many a supporter.
Its more about your general level of respect fella that gets the pulse rising. Must be a generational thing I reckon.

doesn't respect have to be earned?

sw16girl
07-10-2017, 10:03 AM
doesn't respect have to be earned?

It does which is why a lot of people respect him - having looked at his achievements as a manager.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 10:39 AM
England managers who have been disasters since 66... Revie, Taylor, McLaren.

You could certainly argue that Keegan and Hodgson are worthy candidates to join that list though.

Hodgson won 3 games out of 11 at tournament football, culminating of course in losing to a country that has a similar population to that of Croydon. In fact is it up for debate? Hodgson was a disaster for England, surely?

I wouldn't have minded if he had blooded youngsters but it was the same old tired selections. Gerrard as captain for WC2014 was such a depressing choice.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 10:56 AM

You could certainly argue that Keegan and Hodgson are worthy candidates to join that list though.

Hodgson won 3 games out of 11 at tournament football, culminating of course in losing to a country that has a similar population to that of Croydon. In fact is it up for debate? Hodgson was a disaster for England, surely?

I wouldn't have minded if he had blooded youngsters but it was the same old tired selections. Gerrard as captain for WC2014 was such a depressing choice.

constantly picking an out of form Sterling, and his constant selection of the useless Rooney as well, Kane taking the corners forgetting to bring on Rashford and that "I dont know why I'm here" press conference, he clearly is a clown, the laughing stock of world football. I drink with a guy who is Spurs and every time I walk into the pub he looks at me,smiles raises his finger and points than says "Benteke taking corners ha ha ha ha", walks away and sits down, the ridicule gets quite tiring at times, so unfair so hurtful :sob:

SA Eagle
07-10-2017, 11:09 AM
constantly picking an out of form Sterling, and his constant selection of the useless Rooney as well, Kane taking the corners forgetting to bring on Rashford and that "I dont know why I'm here" press conference, he clearly is a clown, the laughing stock of world football. I drink with a guy who is Spurs and every time I walk into the pub he looks at me,smiles raises his finger and points that says "Benteke taking corners ha ha ha ha", walks away and sits down, the ridicule gets quite tiring at times, so unfair so hurtful :sob:

You must have had to turn into a hermit when Noades, Goldberg and Jordan made real laughing stocks of the club.

#prayforkylietracey

Neckinger Eagle
07-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Let's face it, anybody who thinks that managing a national side is the same job as managing a club side hasn't really been paying attention.

MFBias
07-10-2017, 11:48 AM
constantly picking an out of form Sterling, and his constant selection of the useless Rooney as well, Kane taking the corners forgetting to bring on Rashford and that "I dont know why I'm here" press conference, he clearly is a clown, the laughing stock of world football. I drink with a guy who is Spurs and every time I walk into the pub he looks at me,smiles raises his finger and points that says "Benteke taking corners ha ha ha ha", walks away and sits down, the ridicule gets quite tiring at times, so unfair so hurtful :sob:

Sounds devastating, I could barely finish me Shandy.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 11:50 AM
Let's face it, anybody who thinks that managing a national side is the same job as managing a club side hasn't really been paying attention.

I don't. I was just simply pointing out that anyone who says 'he was an average England manager' is incorrect. Better than McLaren and Taylor, but that's basically it. A very poor England manager in reality.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Sounds devastating, I could barely finish me Shandy.

its not very nice

jimmy the gent
07-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Wonít somebody think of the banter!!!!

New LP
07-10-2017, 12:21 PM

Talking about the population of Iceland ignores that they are a decent side. It was a poor result but they aren't they minnows people make out.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 12:28 PM
They are minnows. The only player of theirs who would make the England squad is Sigurdsson.

Billy Rhino
07-10-2017, 12:44 PM
They are minnows. The only player of theirs who would make the England squad is Sigurdsson.

They just won 3-0 in Turkey and are top of a tough group. It wasn't that long ago we were celebrating a 0-0 draw in Turkey. The size of their country is completely irrelevant, it's the quality of the team that is relevant.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Which is why I pointed out that only one of their players would make the England squad.

And 'not long ago'... try 14 years ago.

Billy Gilbert
07-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I don't. I was just simply pointing out that anyone who says 'he was an average England manager' is incorrect. Better than McLaren and Taylor, but that's basically it. A very poor England manager in reality.

Add Keegan to the list too. It's hard to defend Hodgon's England record but he certainly didn't have the players that for example Eriksson had at his disposal.

Billy Rhino
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Likewise the Palace players who beat Chelsea a few months ago getting in the Chelsea team. Etc, etc

AJ
07-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Which is why I pointed out that only one of their players would make the England squad.

And 'not long ago'... try 14 years ago.
And that is why England are so shit as there is no team play, just a bunch of overpaid Diva's.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Likewise the Palace players who beat Chelsea a few months ago getting in the Chelsea team. Etc, etc

Palace players who would get in the Chelsea squad.

Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Sakho

Would they be first teamers? Aside from Zaha, I doubt it. But that's still 3 more than the amount of Icelandic players that would get in the England squad.

And let's not base this all on game. Again - 11 tournament games and 3 wins. That an appalling record.

Worksop Palace
07-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Sakho

Would they be first teamers? Aside from Zaha, I doubt it. But that's still 3 more than the amount of Icelandic players that would get in the England squad.

And let's not base this all on game. Again - 11 tournament games and 3 wins. That an appalling record.

I really like cabaye but he would get nowhere near the Chelsea squad

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Add Keegan to the list too. It's hard to defend Hodgon's England record but he certainly didn't have the players that for example Eriksson had at his disposal.

I'd probably put him on a par with Hodgson. A nice bloke, but he was just out of his depth.

cpfc4evandeva
07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
I really like cabaye but he would get nowhere near the Chelsea squad

I disagree but admit that this one is not a certainty. I'm basing it on his first six months with us, and the six months under Allardyce.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 03:47 PM
I'd probably put him on a par with Hodgson. A nice bloke, but he was just out of his depth.

and he walked away with dignity no " I dont know why I'm here" statements to the press.

Maiden Eagle
07-10-2017, 03:53 PM

I even think Hodgson's out of his depth, managing us:(

beef
07-10-2017, 07:33 PM
and he walked away with dignity no " I dont know why I'm here" statements to the press.

I liked Keegan as a manager. He actually achieved things and was prepared to walk away rather than just cling on for the money. A bit like Coppell in that respect.

I know you'll keep banging on about this forever but what was the need to have a press conference for RH's England resignation? Surely the resignation says everything you need to know. There's not much to say after you get beaten by bloody Iceland! If anything forcing a press conference lacks dignity. It's like Simon Jordan was pulling the strings!

Spindle
07-10-2017, 08:00 PM

Why are you drinking with a cockhead like that?

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Why are you drinking with a cockhead like that?

I dont partake in drinking with him, I walk into the pub he ridicules me I sit down and he sits down on opposite sides of the pub, repeat 5 times per week.

Kylie_Tracey
07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
I liked Keegan as a manager. He actually achieved things and was prepared to walk away rather than just cling on for the money. A bit like Coppell in that respect.

I know you'll keep banging on about this forever but what was the need to have a press conference for RH's England resignation? Surely the resignation says everything you need to know. There's not much to say after you get beaten by bloody Iceland! If anything forcing a press conference lacks dignity. It's like Simon Jordan was pulling the strings!

Keegan had passion Beef, you could see it in his eyes, his voice, Woy seemed to treat the job like a factory worker would after stamping buttons on teddy bears all day long, bereft of passion, decency and a lack of empathy to the millions of hard core fans who retired to their beds that fateful night last June heartbroken after witnessing the worst England performance in memory, talk about an anticlimax, the man exposed himself as the biggest clown in footballing history and he hasn't shaken off that label IMO.

jimmy the gent
07-10-2017, 09:39 PM
and he walked away with dignity.

Lol he quit in the toilets in the bowels of Wembley, after being beaten by the Hun.

DARZET EAGLE
07-10-2017, 10:22 PM
I dont partake in drinking with him, I walk into the pub he ridicules me I sit down and he sits down on opposite sides of the pub, repeat 5 times per week.

Ever thought of going to another pub?

WLYWLYAWYPWF
07-10-2017, 11:06 PM

He's a shithouse who will be nowhere near premier league football management ever again in his life let alone when he is 70. Be a prick about Hodgson if you must but at least wait until he's had his four games.:jerkit:

Urine Mattress
08-10-2017, 12:17 AM

Not sure if my recollections are out of whack with the rest of the world's, but rather than dignity, I felt Keegan had a tendency to petulantly throw in the towel and walk away whenever the going got tough.

Oli28
08-10-2017, 12:25 AM

Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Sakho

Zaha maybe but the other three wouldn't.

Shipp Ahoy!
08-10-2017, 01:16 AM
what are we going to do if he he has Tekkers taking the corners?

And what if he gets Hennessey taking penatlies?

What a total nonsense statement. How many did CB take against Southampton and the 65mins or so he played against City? Big fat zero.

Just because for England he had Kane taking them doesn't mean its some quirk he now insists on the centre forward taking all corners now. To suggest it is is just madness!

cpfc4evandeva
08-10-2017, 05:10 AM
Zaha maybe but the other three wouldn't.

As above, Cabaye is debatable but I don't think the other 3 really are.

Benteke gets in as he scored 15 last season in a team that didn't excel. People are forgetting that because of how poor he's started this season. Chelsea also only ended the window with 2 proper centre forwards and are now seeing that this was a mistake. Not as bad as us though, of course :clown:

Sakho would easily make their squad imo. The only 'proper' centre backs they have in their squad are Cahill and Luiz, and I wouldn't say Sakho is really much worse than them. I think if he was on Chelsea's books, he would make their 25 without any thought.

Billy Rhino
08-10-2017, 05:41 AM
As above, Cabaye is debatable but I don't think the other 3 really are.

Benteke gets in as he scored 15 last season in a team that didn't excel. People are forgetting that because of how poor he's started this season. Chelsea also only ended the window with 2 proper centre forwards and are now seeing that this was a mistake. Not as bad as us though, of course :clown:

Sakho would easily make their squad imo. The only 'proper' centre backs they have in their squad are Cahill and Luiz, and I wouldn't say Sakho is really much worse than them. I think if he was on Chelsea's books, he would make their 25 without any thought.

From a squad point of view I'd agree with those 3. Sort of detracts from the point I was making though, in that none of our players would get in their team and yet we beat them, but I was just using it as an example as that sort of thing happens all the time in football.

I was frustrated and annoyed as everyone else with our performances in the Euros and World Cup and accept Hodgson deserved blame for that, but England's problems are much deeper than that, as evidenced by that poor performance against Slovenia the other night which was yet another insipid performance.

Hodgson has been a very good manager over the length of his career. Whether he is still as capable now is something we'll find out but we have to show some sort of faith in him.

Socrates
08-10-2017, 05:55 AM

Is there a pool table? Selhurst Celtic can give you a few tips to break this cycle.

Roadblock
08-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Not sure if my recollections are out of whack with the rest of the world's, but rather than dignity, I felt Keegan had a tendency to petulantly throw in the towel and walk away whenever the going got tough.

With his clubs maybe, but with England he admitted he was out of his depth and quit which was the right decision. He'd have been hounded out anyway.

Kylie_Tracey
08-10-2017, 07:29 AM
And what if he gets Hennessey taking penatlies?

What a total nonsense statement. How many did CB take against Southampton and the 65mins or so he played against City? Big fat zero.

Just because for England he had Kane taking them doesn't mean its some quirk he now insists on the centre forward taking all corners now. To suggest it is is just madness!

well he did it with England and Kane, how can we be sure he wont do it again?

Worksop Palace
08-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Is there a pool table? Selhurst Celtic can give you a few tips to break this cycle.

:supergrin:

eagleincroydon
08-10-2017, 11:16 AM
i wish keegan got the better of fergie in the title race all them years ago

MFBias
08-10-2017, 12:10 PM
i wish keegan got the better of fergie in the title race all them years ago

Time shows who the better manager was.

Keegan would have loved it though.

Johnnieboy
08-10-2017, 12:10 PM
i would have loved it, just loved it, if keegan got the better of fergie in the title race all them years ago

EFA :)

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Zaha
Benteke
Cabaye
Sakho

Zaha wouldn't get in ahead of Moses. I know we're Palace, but come on, not one of our players would get in the Chelsea team.

Moses, Hazard, Pedro, Willian all better than Zaha.

mushroom
08-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Zaha wouldn't get in ahead of Moses. I know we're Palace, but come on, not one of our players would get in the Chelsea team.

Pedro/Willian/Moses arenít better than Zaha.

cpfc4evandeva
08-10-2017, 12:29 PM
From a squad point of view I'd agree with those 3. Sort of detracts from the point I was making though, in that none of our players would get in their team and yet we beat them, but I was just using it as an example as that sort of thing happens all the time in football.

I was frustrated and annoyed as everyone else with our performances in the Euros and World Cup and accept Hodgson deserved blame for that, but England's problems are much deeper than that, as evidenced by that poor performance against Slovenia the other night which was yet another insipid performance.

Hodgson has been a very good manager over the length of his career. Whether he is still as capable now is something we'll find out but we have to show some sort of faith in him.

Problems run deeper than one man of course, I would never suggest that everything was Hodgson's fault. But some on here talk as if his time with England wasn't a disaster, but unfortunately it was. Someone said that Iceland aren't minnows, but they certainly are.

And it's now history repeating itself with Southgate. Another nice bloke who's totally out of his depth in such a hard job.

I also have to say that how you perform with England isn't necessarily going to transfer over to your next job. I'm not saying Hodgson won't work for us because of England, but I just cannot understand how he can really get much benefit of the doubt from his England tenure.

He came across as the typical FA yes man, who simply wasn't good enough.

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Pedro/Willian/Moses arenít better than Zaha.

Yeah ok, maybe on Fifa...

cpfc4evandeva
08-10-2017, 12:31 PM

Crazy how many people apparently don't understand what squad means.

I also disagree with your point anyway. Willian is a totally different player to Zaha, so a silly comparison. Hazard is better, I'll give you that.

But Zaha is far more consistent than Moses and Pedro.

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 12:33 PM

Crazy how you clearly said 'aside from Zaha' which meant in the first team. So i'll await your apology.:hi:

mushroom
08-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Yeah ok, maybe on Fifa...

Would you swap Pedro for Zaha?

mushroom
08-10-2017, 12:50 PM

I also disagree with your point anyway. Willian is a totally different player to Zaha, so a silly comparison. Hazard is better, I'll give you that.

But Zaha is far more consistent than Moses and Pedro.

Willian is good... but he canít do what Zaha can