PDA

View Full Version : Non League Day 2017

Croydonman
03-10-2017, 04:59 PM
This Saturday sees the 9th Non League Day, the annual day when Premier League & Championship fans are encouraged to come and visit their local non league sides in the absence of a game.
To mark Non League Day, Croydon FC are giving free entry to everyone who has downloaded the Sportswik app on their phone, and show this at the turnstiles. If you don't have a smartphone, just mention "Non League Day" at the turnstiles and you can get in for half price.
Anyone going to their local non league side on Saturday in the absence of Palace?

RobertCPFC
04-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks for making this thread.

I will post on here later today local non league games taking place on Saturday.

I'm not certain where I will go yet with Bromley away but it will probably be Croydon as I'm yet to see a competitive game there and would like to go somewhere different.

Brett
04-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Horley Town v North Greenford United - Combined Counties League Premier Division

The New Defence, Horley RH6 8SP.

I'm checking with the chairman if we have any special deals on as it's normally £6 for adults, £3 for concessions and under-16's are always free (cheapest in our league!).

You can have a beer in the bar and watch the game through our pitch-length panoramic window plus keep an eye on the tellybox.

Chris Leitch
04-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Horley Town v North Greenford United - Combined Counties League Premier Division

I'm checking with the chairman if we have any special deals on as it's normally £6 for adults, £3 for concessions and under-16's are always free (cheapest in our league!).

You can have a beer in the bar and watch the game through our pitch-length panoramic window plus keep an eye on the tellybox.

I think I might pop down for this. I'm at a birthday function there in the evening anyway so might as well start early and power through.

sw16girl
04-10-2017, 12:42 PM
AFC Sutton are offering any season ticket holders whose clubs are not playing because of the international break entry for £5.

Opposition is AFC Flyde. Sutton are fifth in the Conference and doing well - Kieron Cadogan scored last night and should be playing Saturday so a chance to see some old Palace interest as well.

Ruskin Old Boy
04-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Dulwich Hamlet home to Needham Market in the Isthmian Premier League.

Should be another bumper crowd.

Wolfnipplechips
04-10-2017, 02:24 PM
AFC Sutton are offering any season ticket holders whose clubs are not playing because of the international break entry for £5.

Opposition is AFC Flyde. Sutton are fifth in the Conference and doing well - Kieron Cadogan scored last night and should be playing Saturday so a chance to see some old Palace interest as well.

Will be a great day down the lane. There's a legends game after the first team fixture too. Always good for a laugh.

RobertCPFC
04-10-2017, 09:01 PM
A selection of game taking place on Saturday. Some may be nearer than others.

National League
Sutton United v Fylde
Gateshead v Bromley

FA Trophy
Cray Wanderers v Horsham
Haringey Borough v Whyteleafe

Isthmian Premier League
Dulwich Hamlet v Needham Market
Merstham v Dorking Wanderers
Leatherhead v Harlow Town

Southern Counties East League Premier Division
Beckenham Town v Canterbury City
Croydon v Bearsted
Lordswood v Croydon Athletic
Glebe v Hollands & Blair

Southern Counties East League Division One
Elmstead v Stansfeld

Brett
05-10-2017, 03:55 PM

We are only charging £3 for everyone on Saturday, and kids still go free. Leave your season tickets at home, £3 in, no questions asked.

Ruskin Old Boy
05-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Pay what you like at Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/only-72-hours-to-go-2014857.html

Sam Spade
05-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Having seen my local non league side Bath City progress in the FA Cup last Saturday, I"ll be at Gander Green Lane on Saturday.

desperado
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Farleigh Rovers are at home to Cobham on Saturday in a mid-table clash in the Combined Counties League

Never been there before so don't know what size 'crowds' they get. May ask my sister's dog if he fancies a day out if the weather is okay

Brett
05-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Farleigh Rovers are at home to Cobham on Saturday in a mid-table clash in the Combined Counties League

Never been there before so don't know what size 'crowds' they get. May ask my sister's dog if he fancies a day out if the weather is okay

Normally count their crowds on one hand. You might be lucky and they have the BBQ running, though. :p

richit
06-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Tooting & Mitcham v Worthing is free entry to Palace season ticket holders on Saturday.

TWOSEAT EAGLE
06-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Possibly off to see Clitheroe vs Colne in the FA Trophy tomorrow....depending upon whether I'm in any fit state after a colleagues retirement party this evening!

RobertCPFC
06-10-2017, 02:21 PM
The Surrey FA have made lists with matches in the county taking place tomorrow that you may find useful. Some have been mentioned but there are quite a few others.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdKS5rX0AEpJJv.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdLte3X0AEo_5i.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdMA4YX4AAl0Ty.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLdKzV_W0AEunsA.jpg

sw16girl
07-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Well here at Sutton hoping for some goals for the home team. Lovely friendly atmosphere as usual

TheMexicanHorse
07-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Went Tooting & Mitcham V Worthing, battle of the bottom two.
Cracking game, best game I have seen live this season thus far, 4-3 Tooting. Came back from 2-1 down after going a goal ahead.

And not one of these weirdos who display “refugees welcome” banners at football in sight. See Dulwich or Clapton as an example, thankfully these folk have been priced out the professional game.

Sam Spade
07-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Well here at Sutton hoping for some goals for the home team. Lovely friendly atmosphere as usual

Was there also.Enjoyed the atmosphere and the game. Had a good chat with Steve Kember pre match. Top bloke.

Brett
07-10-2017, 06:49 PM
If you went to Horley today, you got half price admission plus an extra 11 minutes of second half stoppage time, a world class third goal for us, a 22-man brawl and a depleted home side seeing it out to claim their tenth straight win.

I'm exhausted.

the digger
07-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Pay what you like at Dulwich Hamlet on Saturday.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/only-72-hours-to-go-2014857.html

Cue the bloke in front of me paying £2 for a game where all the profits were going to charity!

Still, 2400 there to see a convincing 2-0 win including a great penalty save.

Sick Bucket
07-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I went to Deal Town v's Corinthians, it was marvellously agricultural, thoroughly enjoyed it despite it finishing 0-0

sw16girl
07-10-2017, 11:58 PM
Was there also.Enjoyed the atmosphere and the game. Had a good chat with Steve Kember pre match. Top bloke.

He was scouting Josh Taylor. They have had a lot of interest.

RobertCPFC
08-10-2017, 10:03 AM
I went to watch Croydon for the first time. They won 3-0 against Bearsted. Croydon scored after 15 minutes and then again before half time. Two players were sent off in the last 10 minutes before going on to score a third.

An enjoyably afternoon with a good crowd and was very friendly. The running track did not get in the way as I expected.

Golf Boy
08-10-2017, 11:20 AM

6 quid to watch the ninth level of football - whatever happened to amateur football?

Brett
08-10-2017, 07:07 PM
6 quid to watch the ninth level of football - whatever happened to amateur football?

Thatís the minimum fee we are normally allowed to charge by the Combined Counties League. We have very little leeway other than three matchdays per season to do anything different.