PDA

View Full Version : No points, no goals yet Everton category A?

topseagle
04-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Palace have today announced that the home match with Everton will be a category A fixture. I think this is totally unacceptable - in a time when fans are having to watch terrible football surely the club should at least be reasonable with their pricing. Everton are hardly doing much better! I think this is a very poor decision by the club and shows a lack of respect for fans.

Benzhiyi
04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Bigger club than Watford and/or Leicester who have both (ridiculously) been Cat A for the past two seasons.

The notion of the club doing favours for its fan in terms of matchday ticket costs was lost the minute our board justified escalating prices by pointing out that we were/are still cheaper than West Ham. As in, notorious run-by-grot-barons rip-off merchants West Ham.

(I should add, for the sake of balance, that a season ticket still represents exceptional value. No issue in that respect whatsoever.)

OriginalNutter
04-10-2017, 12:49 PM
I dont think the category is decided on how well the teams are playing..

PeterH
10-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Yeah, it is decided on the basis of common sense instead. Jeez.

It cannot be based on where Everton are in the league.

EddieEdwards
10-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Pretty sure they decide the categories at the beginning of the season and they're unlikely to change their minds based on results, performances or league position.

foresthillbilly
10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
I think every ticket should be half price, because they'll only be one team playing football on the pitch.

Spindle
10-10-2017, 08:31 AM
How many are left as category B?

Billyd
10-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Greed. We deserve to go down lets face it.

New LP
19-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Palace have today announced that the home match with Everton will be a category A fixture. I think this is totally unacceptable - in a time when fans are having to watch terrible football surely the club should at least be reasonable with their pricing. Everton are hardly doing much better! I think this is a very poor decision by the club and shows a lack of respect for fans.

The huge financial difference between charging that and say a tenner less must be massive to the club. A club that receives 10's of millions of tv revenue each summer.

laggin
02-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Cat A for this game. is it because they are doing well or is it another local derby? :D

Johnnieboy
02-11-2017, 04:09 AM
Tourists will pay top prices to watch Rrrrrrroooney!

RedStripe Eagle
02-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Tourists will pay top prices to watch Rrrrrrroooney!

Grannies needing extra cash for their winter heating bills?

New LP
03-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Cat A for this game. is it because they are doing well or is it another local derby? :D

Itís because making an inordinately small amount of money matters more to Parish than the fans. See also the Brighton away allocation.