PDA

View Full Version : Pre Brighton build up 28/11/17

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 12:22 PM
With little over 7 weeks away. Who else keeps thinking about this match with dread? I even had a dream last night we lost 6-0.

Of course 7 weeks is a long time in football and 7 weeks ago we had just started the season so anything can change. You never know, we could be mid table by then but who knows.

Anyhow, this match....shudder!

How you feeling about our first game against them for 5 years?

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Ah mate. Leave it out. Don't even want to think about that right now :(

9Freedman9
05-10-2017, 12:29 PM
They will be right up for this, and I fear we will not. Hopefully players like Wilf and Speroni drum it into the others how much it means to the fans!

davematt
05-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Of course, I'd like to win a game before this point, but it would be utterly hilarious if we are still on zero points and snatch a 1-0 win from a Carlton Cole 35 yard pot shot that takes a MASSIVE deflection off Lewis Dunks arse.

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Ah mate. Leave it out. Don't even want to think about that right now :(

I know, wouldn't have posted if I hadn't dreamt about it last night. I have mates that are Brighton fans (I live in Sussex, so surrounded with the gits) and whilst I've had plenty over the years to get at them, I do worry it could be their turn. [emoji17]

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 12:34 PM
I know, wouldn't have posted if I hadn't dreamt about it last night. I have mates that are Brighton fans (I live in Sussex, so surrounded with the gits) and whilst I've had plenty over the years to get at them, I do worry it could be their turn. [emoji17]

Grew up there. My phone has been inundated by them over the past few weeks. They're revelling in what's happening to us at the moment. We always seem to do well when they're being smug though...

bubbs11
05-10-2017, 12:42 PM
When they started well last season and it looked likely they'd get promoted, I did worry that if we stayed up under Pardew, we were looking particularly powder puff and easy to roll over for a team who will be desperate beyond desperate for revenge.

When Allardyce's magic started working I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that whatever happens, under Sam, we'd be no pushovers.

Just hoping that by the time the game comes around, Roy has well and truely got them playing. I'm still hopeful...it's what he did at Fulham and WBA.

Oli28
05-10-2017, 12:46 PM
Grew up there. My phone has been inundated by them over the past few weeks. They're revelling in what's happening to us at the moment. We always seem to do well when they're being smug though...
I.e. 1-3

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 12:47 PM

I know - went out for a lads night out last Friday and one of the bastards wouldn't shut up about the poxy 'new record' of ours.

Where were you brought up?

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 12:49 PM
I.e. 1-3

And the away play off game where they were strong favourites after a poor 1st leg at ours not to mention the Glenn Murray injury too.

That said, the 3-0 game at theirs was shocking performance for us. I got corporate tickets via a mate as couldn't get ticket in the away end and it was hell. Couldn't wait to leave.

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 12:50 PM
I know - went out for a lads night out last Friday and one of the bastards wouldn't shut up about the poxy 'new record' of ours.

Little village near Billingshurst/Horsham in West Sussex. Whereabouts are you?

Prior to 2011, I knew a handful of hardcore Brighton fans. Since they got their new stadium, every f*cker down there is a poxy Brighton fan.

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Little village near Billingshurst/Horsham in West Sussex. Whereabouts are you?

Prior to 2011, I knew a handful of hardcore Brighton fans. Since they got their new stadium, every f*cker down there is a poxy Brighton fan.

Blimey, we were almost neighbours [emoji4]. Work in Horsham and live in Pulborough.

gilesy14
05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Blimey, we were almost neighbours [emoji4]. Work in Horsham and live in Pulborough.

Haha, no way! I've worked in both Horsham & Pulborough - grew up in Wisborough Green. Glad I'm away from the Seaweed.

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 01:00 PM
Haha, no way! I've worked in both Horsham & Pulborough - grew up in Wisborough Green. Glad I'm away from the Seaweed.

Funny eh. We probably have mutual friends as I've drank in WG before at the cricketers and Bat and ball in years gone by when I was young and single.

Anyhow, yes surrounded with the gits and especially ones that are now Brighton fans that have come to surface since they've started doing well.

foresthillbilly
05-10-2017, 01:07 PM
I am surrounded by weed fans. Disturbingly, my neighbour hasn't yet taken the opportunity to take the pl55.
I think he is keeping his powder dry and waiting for Brighton to tear us a new one.

Chris K
05-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Until they do to us what we did to them in May 2013 we're untouchable, that's been my stance from the night onwards and not just because we're a bit gash at the moment

Chunt
05-10-2017, 01:34 PM
If we have a full strength team by then (Zaha, RLC, TFM, Benteke, Andros, Sahko etc) I reckon we beat 'em.

burgess hill 84
05-10-2017, 01:39 PM
As shit as we are at the moment, and it is shit make no mistake, id still back us to beat that shower of ***** down the road.

eagles #1
05-10-2017, 01:40 PM
I've never met a Brighton fan in my life other than close combat at our games.

Thank God.

beef
05-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Genuinely looking forward to this. I've always liked Brighton and have good memories of going to work functions along the seafront. Is Glenn Murray playing for them at the moment? He deserves an ovation for all he did for us. What I'd give to have him up front at the moment!

CharlieCPFC
05-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Until they do to us what we did to them in May 2013 we're untouchable, that's been my stance from the night onwards and not just because we're a bit gash at the moment

Exactly my thoughts.

Tony Montana
05-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Boys, keep all suggestions RE a meet away from this page, you never know when the OB are watching.

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 02:07 PM
If we have a full strength team by then (Zaha, RLC, TFM, Benteke, Andros, Sahko etc) I reckon we beat 'em.

I think we would beat a lot of teams with a full strength side and a manager knowing how to set us up. Getting that to happen is another matter.

foresthillbilly
05-10-2017, 02:13 PM
am more worried about the second time we meet, with the prospect of them sending us down. :(
But we could also do it to them :)

orp pisshead1
05-10-2017, 03:28 PM

All you had to do was mention Wilf ffs, that would've shut the twat up:D.

orp pisshead1
05-10-2017, 03:28 PM
We'll win don't worry.

bigGcpfc
05-10-2017, 03:33 PM
We'll win don't worry.

Really ? On what evidence ? Have you seen Brighton play this year ? They will easily beat us.

orp pisshead1
05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Really ? On what evidence ? Have you seen Brighton play this year ? They will easily beat us.

On what evidence will they easily beat us?
By time we play them we'll be in a better shape.

Chunt
05-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I think we would beat a lot of teams with a full strength side and a manager knowing how to set us up. Getting that to happen is another matter.

To be fair to Roy, if he sets us up as he did against City but with Zaha in the team I can't really see what more he can do.

Neckinger Eagle
05-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Just when I was thinking that supporting Palace couldn't get any more miserable, this thread pops up to remind us all that Brighton are in our division again and we have to put up with all this nonsense for another couple of months.

CPFC.1990
05-10-2017, 05:18 PM
They beat us at Selhurst back in 2005/06. It was clear from that performance that the players didn't give a toss about the rivalry, twelve years later this current lot REALLY won't give a toss about the rivalry.

CPFC.1990
05-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Boys, keep all suggestions RE a meet away from this page, you never know when the OB are watching.

I didn't know Danny Dyer was a BBSer. :D

Reg_Maudling
05-10-2017, 05:32 PM
I hate brighton

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 05:34 PM
To be fair to Roy, if he sets us up as he did against City but with Zaha in the team I can't really see what more he can do.

I agree and at no point was I having a pop at Roy when I said that. The previous regime of fancy formations and possession football for nothing. Full strength side playing fast counter attacking football with fast wingers and we have more than half a chance IMHO.

andyocpfc
05-10-2017, 05:35 PM
I hate brighton

I don't think you're alone.

cpfc4evandeva
05-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Of course, I'd like to win a game before this point, but it would be utterly hilarious if we are still on zero points and snatch a 1-0 win from a Carlton Cole 35 yard pot shot that takes a MASSIVE deflection off Lewis Dunks arse.

All the Brighton fans in our office are absolutely convinced that something like this will happen :D

IanH
05-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Hopefully we will have closed the gap on them by the time we play them. I知 not sure many of us who went to the play off game thought we were going to win that game but you go anyway.

SeanPalace84
05-10-2017, 06:25 PM
They beat us at Selhurst back in 2005/06. It was clear from that performance that the players didn't give a toss about the rivalry, twelve years later this current lot REALLY won't give a toss about the rivalry.

That game was horrible. We were so close to nicking a point at the end if I remember correctly.

Hate this scum.

Heath eagle
05-10-2017, 06:43 PM
As shit as we are I still think we will beat em

charltonhater
05-10-2017, 06:59 PM
I'd be perfectly happy to go down on a record low of six points and 36 games without scoring, if the two wins were from doing the double over the seaweed.

Plastic club. Symbol of a huge number of things wrong with "modern football'.
Having said that I'll happily sport them in the cup over Charlton, Millwall, AFC Wimbledon or Arsenal.

H.Bomb
05-10-2017, 07:04 PM
I fear of a repeat of 3-0 in the rain...

danpalace07
06-10-2017, 07:23 AM
Absolutely fearing what could happen in this. They are a bit shit but well organised and will be well up for it. I don't trust our gang of overpaid melts one bit.

hopefully Roy has struck gold by then...

Shipp Ahoy!
06-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Confident we will have long since turned the corner.

Think by the time this game comes up we will all be well up for it!

foresthillbilly
06-10-2017, 08:09 AM
I may have to do a 5hlt before the game in the Palace dressing room.

Just to motivate them

AddoWolz
06-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Heard a little whisper about the way tickets and travel to and from the game is going to be handled and if it turns out to be true everyone is going to be pissed off by it .

jimmy the gent
06-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Heard a little whisper about the way tickets and travel to and from the game is going to be handled and if it turns out to be true everyone is going to be pissed off by it .

Tombola in the club shop?

Green Bin
06-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Confident we will have long since turned the corner.

Think by the time this game comes up we will all be well up for it!

Or freeze under the pressure, running around like headless chickens for a bit and then collapse like a back of cards. there is nothing to suggest we have any clue as to what we are doing.

Sadly this is probably going to be one of those game that we're gonna have to tolerate the result and ignore the merciless ribbing from our visitors

Kirby
06-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Already booked our hotel. Lived in Brighton for five years (during the time we beat them at the Amex twice) so I can't wait, albeit with a tinge of trepidation.

We have Everton and Stoke at home before we go there so hopefully we'll pick up 4/6 points and go into it full of confidence and momentum.

Can't bear the thought of a loss, but at least we'd still have the reverse fixture at Selhurst to put things right if the worst happens.

I'll be loading on Glenn Murray to score at any time that's for sure.

Pikie Punisher
06-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Croydon night/day out aka 1974?

HurstpierPalace
06-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I'd be perfectly happy to go down on a record low of six points and 36 games without scoring, if the two wins were from doing the double over the seaweed.

Having said that I'll happily sport them in the cup over Charlton, Millwall, AFC Wimbledon or Arsenal.

Nope. I even want to see Millwall turn the wankers over.

gold76
06-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I wonder if the club will consider a beam back?

HurstpierPalace
06-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately as much as I prefer our team on paper over Brighton's ('on paper' the strongest team we've had in 5 years no less!) these blaggers don't seem to give much of a toss. Hughton is looking a really good manager now too and will know exactly where to get at us. Can see 2/3-0 on the cards. :(

foresthillbilly
06-10-2017, 09:50 AM

when we won 1-3 it cost the club every glass in the bar for the beam-back :D :lux:

sherstonpalace
06-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Already booked our hotel. Lived in Brighton for five years (during the time we beat them at the Amex twice) so I can't wait, albeit with a tinge of trepidation.

We have Everton and Stoke at home before we go there so hopefully we'll pick up 4/6 points and go into it full of confidence and momentum.

Can't bear the thought of a loss, but at least we'd still have the reverse fixture at Selhurst to put things right if the worst happens.

I'll be loading on Glenn Murray to score at any time that's for sure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the only team we have failed to score a single goal against at home in four attempts since promotion? Even when they were down to 10 men?

mcmean
06-10-2017, 09:58 AM

I'm sure sky will latch onto this anyway

andyocpfc
06-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the only team we have failed to score a single goal against at home in four attempts since promotion? Even when they were down to 10 men?

Correct.

0-0
0-1
0-0
0-1

andyocpfc
06-10-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm sure sky will latch onto this anyway

Haven't the Nov games been announced already?

Kirby
06-10-2017, 10:39 AM

Hence why I said 4/6 points ;)

That is a truly awful stat though.

Selhurst Celtic
06-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Bubble?

Selhurst Celtic
06-10-2017, 10:45 AM

Phone calls have already been made, TM. We're taking a leaf out of their book this season and will be plotting up in a boozer in Basingstoke early doors on that Tuesday.

sherstonpalace
06-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Correct.

0-0
0-1
0-0
0-1

Nailed on for 0-0 then!

alfiejay
06-10-2017, 10:52 AM

More than a whisper, especially the allocation.

Richard
06-10-2017, 11:18 AM

Therefore, by the law of averages ...

andyocpfc
06-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Therefore, by the law of averages ...

Wish that law of averages malarky would work against Man Utd. That run of results is truly dreadful and dates back 26 years since we beat them last in the league. 19 fricking games!

glaziers fan
06-10-2017, 12:03 PM

:supergrin:

mcmean
06-10-2017, 12:17 PM

Car to raise the volume and actually share it then?

Oli28
06-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Car to raise the volume and actually share it then?
Yeah lets hear it

Skiddo
06-10-2017, 12:21 PM

Lunacy

foresthillbilly
06-10-2017, 12:28 PM

I think you should share, and not be such a tease

SussexRed&Blue
06-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Just guessing but sounds like it could be match ticket only on coach travel organised by the club? This has happened in a few other Derby matches in other parts of the country. A very restrictive measure.

Payney
06-10-2017, 12:56 PM
There hasn't been too much trouble at recent games, Can't see it being a bubble match.

davematt
06-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Just guessing but sounds like it could be match ticket only on coach travel organised by the club? This has happened in a few other Derby matches in other parts of the country. A very restrictive measure.

Would be a farce if true.

Getting a coach out of South London at rush hour and down to Brighton (well, Falmer) would be a nightmare. Would have to leave at 4pm.

And most will naturally be planning on jumping on a train straight after work.

Really the hope the club don't go along with this.

DaveTuttles
06-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Wont stop us going to the Pier and chucking the ***** off the end. ticket or no ticket, grrr

Chunt
06-10-2017, 01:04 PM

No chance. It's not exactly Leeds Vs Milwall.

Kirby
06-10-2017, 01:07 PM
F*cking better not be. I've already booked a hotel and will be staying down there for a couple of days.

The game's next month. If they were going to implement something so restrictive they should've done it months ago, shirley.

Palace Bear
06-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Tickets only available if purchased with a hymn sheet for Sussex by the sea and a blue and white jesters hat?

Kirby
06-10-2017, 01:16 PM
It's a Tuesday night in November and the whole place is going to be swarming with plastics in their new PL replica shirts.

It was more of a risk in the Championship, even more so when we played them at the Withdean.

Stupid waste of resources if they bother implementing a 'bubble' journey or anything along those lines. I imagine they'll just give us a reduced allocation and only allow entry to people carrying season tickets like last time.

Oli28
06-10-2017, 01:54 PM
I imagine they'll just give us a reduced allocation and only allow entry to people carrying season tickets like last time.
I don't remember that :confused:

SHIPEAGLE
06-10-2017, 02:00 PM
If the Club take or are forced to take a reduced allocation for this match then it is a joke. The authorities don't restrict tickets for Clubs like Chelsea etc when playing at West Ham or Spurs or Man Utd at City or similar so why should Palace not get the full allocation
Also any travel restrictions ie making it a bubble game ie must travel by coach from Selhurst and back would cause many supporters problems with work or for younger ones school as coaches would have to leave no later than 5pm and many would have difficulty making that.
There is also the question of those who live in or around Brighton, Crawley, Worthing etc would they be expected to travel up to Selhurst to get the coach back to Amex.
It may work for some games but not for Brighton v Palace if 3,000 tickets that would be 60 coaches trying to get out of South London in rush hour, Thornton Heath is a nightmare with 5 or 6 coaches on a Saturday morning.
So if this is what is being considered then whoever is considering it please think very carefully before upsetting many supporters and road users

andyocpfc
06-10-2017, 02:05 PM
I would imagine a very large contingent of Palace fans live south of Selhurst. In fact, the vast majority (pure guesswork).

SussexRed&Blue
06-10-2017, 02:09 PM
The last few games down there although tense with a hostile atmosphere have passed off without any trouble and were policed pretty well.

It's not exactly the 80's where people could pretty much turn up at the game and get in.

These days pretty much everyone has to be either a Season Ticket holder or a Member to get in especially in the Premiership so clubs can keep track of who tickets are being sold to.

Dorking .Eagle
06-10-2017, 02:15 PM
I would imagine a very large contingent of Palace fans live south of Selhurst. In fact, the vast majority (pure guesswork).

Palace fans are all over the Southern Counties

Bobby Smith
06-10-2017, 02:27 PM
The OB have gone on record as saying its difficult to bubble this match. I'd have to dig out previous threads on the policing of this fixture to remember the precise reasons.

Lets be clear tho, other police forces are ditching bubbles - Wrexham vs Chester - being a really good example. So there would have to be a really, really good - and new - reason why it would be introduced for this fixture.

Someone ought to contact Amanda at the FSF. She's brilliant at this sort of stuff.

Kirby
06-10-2017, 02:29 PM
I don't remember that :confused:

Yup. For the playoff game the police stated all Palace fans would need to provide a season ticket/photo ID on the door so no tickets could be passed/sold on to others.

Not sure how strictly they implemented it though. I was wasted and just flashed mine on the way in. I think it was more of a scare tactic than anything.

Zohar's Penalty
06-10-2017, 02:53 PM
This is probably all we have to enjoy this season. The players had better be up for these games. Think being turned over by those tossers would be too much to bear for many of us after our recent trials and tribulations.

Never understand the people that don't value this rivalry- this is THE rivalry for me and I didn't see us play them until 2002 so missed all the Mullery shenanigans by a long way. I'd been told the stories & remember thinking it would be similar to playing Millwall or Charlton, but seeing the shear hatred in Brighton fans eyes that day, they were instantly the rival I dislike the most.

Added to that they are such clacker waving, Gerrard clapping, two team supporting, Tofu eating, yoga attending, flip flop wearing, attendence rambling, Reading but by the sea, arrogant plastic Tarquinny ***** these days.

sylvan eagle
06-10-2017, 02:55 PM
The last few games down there although tense with a hostile atmosphere have passed off without any trouble and were policed pretty well.

It's not exactly the 80's where people could pretty much turn up at the game and get in.

These days pretty much everyone has to be either a Season Ticket holder or a Member to get in especially in the Premiership so clubs can keep track of who tickets are being sold to.

Does anyone remember the friendly at the Goldstone when Alan Smith was manager

mcmean
06-10-2017, 03:18 PM
The OB have gone on record as saying its difficult to bubble this match. I'd have to dig out previous threads on the policing of this fixture to remember the precise reasons.

Lets be clear tho, other police forces are ditching bubbles - Wrexham vs Chester - being a really good example. So there would have to be a really, really good - and new - reason why it would be introduced for this fixture.

Someone ought to contact Amanda at the FSF. She's brilliant at this sort of stuff.

Probably best to wait to hear if this is actually the case first. It's all guesswork

cheekychippie
06-10-2017, 03:24 PM
well I live on the Kent coast and I will be pissed off if I have to go up to selhurst 1st ... ive not missed a brighton match since the early 70s , I don't intend missing one now

Ajedman
06-10-2017, 03:35 PM
In 2013 Steve Browett arranged for the club coaches to stop at Starbucks on the A23 in Hooley to make it easier for those of us who don't live near Selhurst.
I have already emailed the box office to ask if this could be offered again, I am waiting to hear back.

Oli28
06-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Yup. For the playoff game the police stated all Palace fans would need to provide a season ticket/photo ID on the door so no tickets could be passed/sold on to others.

Not sure how strictly they implemented it though. I was wasted and just flashed mine on the way in. I think it was more of a scare tactic than anything.
I do remember talk of needing ID cards etc to buy tickets, but I thought it didn't come to anything. I went with a non-season ticket holder who managed to pick up a ticket so it can't have been enforced very well.

Chris K
06-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Why would this be a bubble match or something similar? There's been little trouble when we've played them in recent years since the 3-1. If they don't take such measures for games like Man Utd v Liverpool/Spurs v Arsenal why would they do it for us. Even a reduced allocation makes no sense when the two fixtures I've mentioned have fans seperated by 3 seats, some netting and some stewards. Rumours like these always come about before these fixtures and nothing happens. (I realise i've probably cursed it now)

King William
06-10-2017, 06:20 PM

Was one of the First in the away that game....was refused entry as i refused to show my ID to palace stewards at the entrance

Obviusly i had to back down after a while

CharlieCPFC
06-10-2017, 06:27 PM
It's hardly Galatasaray Fenerbache, ridiculous if they do that and I'd imagine a lot like myself who live in Sussex wouldn't bother if it's the case of having to go to Selhurst to come back again.

I reckon it'll be how it has been previously anyway. No reason to change it.

cpfc4evandeva
06-10-2017, 06:34 PM

I'm with you. We're going down, and it looks like we're going down badly, so this would be absolutely hilarious.

To add though - I'll only accept this scenario if we drag those dickheads down with us.

cpfc4evandeva
06-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Just read that people are wetting themselves because one guy has said it might be a bubble match. Chill. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'd also like to think that by now, we would have heard something.

SE5eagle
06-10-2017, 08:52 PM
Maybe it's a bubble at the request of the coach driver.

Wants to have another pop at the changing room...

Glɑzier
06-10-2017, 09:03 PM
I'm with you. We're going down, and it looks like we're going down badly, so this would be absolutely hilarious.

To add though - I'll only accept this scenario if we drag those dickheads down with us.

I'd take staying up regardless of the result *ducks*

SussexRed&Blue
06-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Maybe it's a bubble at the request of the coach driver.

Wants to have another pop at the changing room...

Ha Ha we need some inspiration from somewhere!

All speculation but i think the arrangements will probably be similar to the Play off Semi Final when Wilf took them apart.

cpfc4evandeva
06-10-2017, 09:21 PM
I'd take staying up regardless of the result *ducks*

If you say we stay up but lose to Brighton twice, I would take that. I just think we're in such a bad way, I can't see it.

andyocpfc
26-10-2017, 07:00 AM
Little over a month now. The more I think about this game the more it makes me shiver with dread. FFS, we should be looking forward to this game thinking how many we池e gonna smash them by yet I知 going into it with dread. Damn you Palace!

ForzaPalace
26-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Think they'll win convincingly but let's be honest, them beating us is long overdue. Will just have to deactivate most social media for a while.

eaglejez
26-10-2017, 08:41 AM
the only postive is that they won't send us down in April

Kirby
26-10-2017, 09:03 AM
FFS, we should be looking forward to this game

Please don't mention FFS :sob:

CharlieCPFC
26-10-2017, 09:22 AM
We will beat those slags.

andyocpfc
26-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Please don't mention FFS :sob:

Ha ha - Sorry. You just know he's going to score....and in front of our fans. :(

SuttonExile
26-10-2017, 10:13 AM
I haven't had the chance to go to a Brighton Palace game as of yet. What are the travel arrangements usually like? I live in Hampshire so surely just a train to Haywards Heath then use their "free travel zone"

3 Beers at HT
26-10-2017, 10:23 AM
Will just have to deactivate most social media for a while.

Snowflake.

mushroom
26-10-2017, 10:25 AM
**** the league... smash these ***** and I値l be the happiest man alive

andyocpfc
26-10-2017, 01:59 PM

If we do indeed get relegated, this will be the only positive that could come out of the season if we could beat them. Even more so (massively) if it meant we took them down with us.

Buzzer
26-10-2017, 02:21 PM
If the Club take or are forced to take a reduced allocation for this match then it is a joke. The authorities don't restrict tickets for Clubs like Chelsea etc when playing at West Ham or Spurs or Man Utd at City or similar so why should Palace not get the full allocation
Also any travel restrictions ie making it a bubble game ie must travel by coach from Selhurst and back would cause many supporters problems with work or for younger ones school as coaches would have to leave no later than 5pm and many would have difficulty making that.
There is also the question of those who live in or around Brighton, Crawley, Worthing etc would they be expected to travel up to Selhurst to get the coach back to Amex.
It may work for some games but not for Brighton v Palace if 3,000 tickets that would be 60 coaches trying to get out of South London in rush hour, Thornton Heath is a nightmare with 5 or 6 coaches on a Saturday morning.
So if this is what is being considered then whoever is considering it please think very carefully before upsetting many supporters and road users

Brighton fan here in peace. I hope it's okay being on your main board. I'm only posting to agree wholeheartedly with the above and to say how ridiculous the police are being with the Brighton-Palace games. We've got one of the most generous away allocations in the league and to have that cut by a 1/3rd to just 2000 is ridiculously heavy-handed. We all know that you could sell-out your allocation twice for this game and so a lot of long-standing, decent fans are going to miss out on the biggest game for us all this year. And a bigger away end means more noise from away fans which in turn makes for noisier home fans which is all part and parcel of what our derbies are all about.

We're being treated like potential criminals when in fact there's very little real trouble at the matches other than the usual verbals. The OTT kettling that will undoubtedly occur for your fans in a few weeks and for us next year does nothing other than increase tensions and bad tempers, likewise the presence of the dogs, the police on horses and the police dressed like South American paramilitary deliberately so as to intimidate. As you point out, Palace fans aren't all from one area and the fans from the Sussex coast are going to have one hell of a nightmare getting back.

I really wish there was some way that the police could be made to justify each of the measures they put in place and that we fans had some sort of influence in their decisions. I've never been a big fan of people who get their phones out and record incidents at football matches but this might be one way to prove how silly things are getting. It's then a matter of trying to persuade the powers that be that there is a better way of handling these games.

As I say, if this post is allowed to stay on the main board then I'm extremely grateful. I'm not here to start trolling, I'm interested to hear what Palace fans think and whether we can have a voice in the matter in future and ultimately, increase allocations for both sets of away fans.

Selhurst Celtic
26-10-2017, 02:27 PM
As I say, if this post is allowed to stay on the main board then I'm extremely grateful. I'm not here to start trolling, I'm interested to hear what Palace fans think

As someone who reads the horseshit you post on North Korea Chat I think you are a penis.

WorthingEagle
26-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Need to win our three upcoming home games so that a win against the two-clubbers would potentially take us back above them and once again put them back firmly in their place.

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 02:36 PM

That's the spirit!

Buzzer
26-10-2017, 02:38 PM
As someone who reads the horseshit you post on North Korea Chat I think you are a penis.

Then I'll apologise for posting here and leave you all in peace.

eagle mart
26-10-2017, 02:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZBE6BXWYAES5kv.jpg

Eaglefoz
26-10-2017, 03:03 PM

Come on Selhurst, he is posting sense on here with this post. It would be good if more of our fans could enjoy the away match and more of their fans could bitterly endure the home game.
No problem with him joining in this discussion :)

thereichstuff
26-10-2017, 03:45 PM

:supergrin:

Sharkba1t
26-10-2017, 03:55 PM
when tickets on sale? eh eh?

Mad Raschic Ken
26-10-2017, 04:17 PM
I haven't had the chance to go to a Brighton Palace game as of yet. What are the travel arrangements usually like? I live in Hampshire so surely just a train to Haywards Heath then use their "free travel zone"

Shambolic. If you go by train and there are stewards saying Brighton fans to the right, Palace fans to the left outside the ground after the game, go with the Brighton fans. They may have changed this, but the first time I went there I reckon it saved me a good hour.

Thefunkymonk
26-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Too early now. Win tomorrow and I’ll be far more optimistic. Lose tomorrow and footballs is dead to me (for 9th time this season)

thereichstuff
26-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Think they'll win convincingly but let's be honest, them beating us is long overdue. Will just have to deactivate most social media for a while.

"Sigh " .

cpfc4evandeva
26-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Come on Selhurst, he is posting sense on here with this post. It would be good if more of our fans could enjoy the away match and more of their fans could bitterly endure the home game.
No problem with him joining in this discussion :)

They have two types of fans - the two-clubbers and the long term vermin. Both are equally dreadful.

petertaylor11
26-10-2017, 06:34 PM
the only postive is that they won't send us down in April

I mentioned this to a mate a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't be so bloody sure.
Four or five games to go after that...

Kirby
26-10-2017, 10:42 PM
There's no way they can impose any sort of bubble match/kettling onto an East Croydon train after the match as plenty of Palace fans will be travelling from all over the south. It's only one month until the game. If they were going to impose that they would've had to announce it weeks ago.

I reckon they'll just mention something about bringing valid ID like last time, which was used more as a scare factor than anything.

JDawg
26-10-2017, 10:45 PM
I just hope Glen Murray doesn't play. Seeing him back in that shirt is bad enough, but if he plays you just know what will happen.

SuttonExile
26-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Shambolic. If you go by train and there are stewards saying Brighton fans to the right, Palace fans to the left outside the ground after the game, go with the Brighton fans. They may have changed this, but the first time I went there I reckon it saved me a good hour.

I'm in two minds about going. If it's a reduced allocation I may not bother. Cheers anyway for the info. Surely they (police) wouldn't make me go all the way to Croydon just to get back to Hampshire? Mental if so.

SuttonExile
26-10-2017, 11:08 PM
I just hope Glen Murray doesn't play. Seeing him back in that shirt is bad enough, but if he plays you just know what will happen.

Score an own goal in front of the Palace end. Rip his Brighton top off to reveal one of his old Palace match shirts and dive in with Palace fans? :D

danpalace07
26-10-2017, 11:49 PM
I beg we get a few wins before this. Something to get a bit of pride back into the club so the team aren't feeling sorry for themselves when heading to the Amex

I'd park the bus for this right now. Just don't ******* lose to Them.

eagle mart
27-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Announcement this morning apparently.

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 07:29 AM
Score an own goal in front of the Palace end. Rip his Brighton top off to reveal one of his old Palace match shirts and dive in with Palace fans? :D

Or even better, rip his shirt off and it displays a Palace/Eagle tattoo plastered on his torso [emoji16]

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Not that it will make a huge difference to the game as such but It痴 good that Roy will know of the importance of this game to us as fans. Some managers in the past haven稚 組ot it. Bar Jules and Wilf, none of the players will have played in this fixture so won稚 know the rivalry.

Kirby
27-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Bar Jules and Wilf, none of the players will have played in this fixture so won稚 know the rivalry.

Joel Ward as well.

All three should play and ram it down every other player's throat how important it is.

jmemour
27-10-2017, 08:24 AM
We'll beat them. We always do.

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Joel Ward as well.

All three should play and ram it down every other player's throat how important it is.

My mistake, quite right [emoji106]

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 08:28 AM
We'll beat them. We always do.

I was in with the wanks (only way I could get a ticket) when we lost there 3-0! Bloody horrible and was in the hospitality lounge area with them smug as F楊 after.

cpfc4evandeva
27-10-2017, 08:45 AM
There's no way they can impose any sort of bubble match/kettling onto an East Croydon train after the match as plenty of Palace fans will be travelling from all over the south. It's only one month until the game. If they were going to impose that they would've had to announce it weeks ago.

I reckon they'll just mention something about bringing valid ID like last time, which was used more as a scare factor than anything.

The police tried their absolute hardest to chuck me and my mate on a direct train to East Croydon last time, despite the fact that we live in the Three Bridges area. One of the dickhead pigs even lied and said the train would stop at Brighton so we could change there.

Harry Holmesdale
27-10-2017, 08:48 AM
When we won 3-1 they herded us onto a train from Brighton fast to east Croydon, and that was after we had stayed behind and had a drink in the away end part of the ground anticipating it being quieter so I wouldn't be so sure that they wont do the same again

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Is there any actual evidence of crime and fans brawling in this fixture over the years?

I know there was an episode when they came to Selhurst where chairs were thrown through a Pub window but aside from that, when was the last time there was mass brawling to take such a heavy handed approach?

Kirby
27-10-2017, 09:03 AM
The police tried their absolute hardest to chuck me and my mate on a direct train to East Croydon last time, despite the fact that we live in the Three Bridges area. One of the dickhead pigs even lied and said the train would stop at Brighton so we could change there.

When we won 3-1 they herded us onto a train from Brighton fast to east Croydon, and that was after we had stayed behind and had a drink in the away end part of the ground anticipating it being quieter so I wouldn't be so sure that they wont do the same again

I went to both the 1-3 and the 0-2 and got straight on a bus to the town centre after the game, so I'm guessing you only get herded onto an East Croydon train if you head towards Falmer station with all the other Palace fans.

cpfc4evandeva
27-10-2017, 09:08 AM
I went to both the 1-3 and the 0-2 and got straight on a bus to the town centre after the game, so I'm guessing you only get herded onto an East Croydon train if you head towards Falmer station with all the other Palace fans.

I'll still go to the train station where it takes 5 minutes to get to Brighton.

Kirby
27-10-2017, 09:13 AM
I'll still go to the train station where it takes 5 minutes to get to Brighton.

Good luck :p

Ooh Betty
27-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Is there any actual evidence of crime and fans brawling in this fixture over the years?

I know there was an episode when they came to Selhurst where chairs were thrown through a Pub window but aside from that, when was the last time there was mass brawling to take such a heavy handed approach?

Over the years ? Are you serious ?

Big off at Kings Cross a couple of years ago. Several banged up for that and we weren't even playing each other.

cpfc4evandeva
27-10-2017, 09:41 AM

Cheers :D

andyocpfc
27-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Over the years ? Are you serious ?

Big off at Kings Cross a couple of years ago. Several banged up for that and we weren't even playing each other.

Was serious. I Don稚 remember that. I fairness that could happen anywhere where fans are mixed at stations etc through meeting trains. Many a game has taken place without issue or restricted to a couple of arrests.

Kirby
27-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Some ageing bald bloke tried chasing us through the tunnel between the Sussex Uni campus and the TwoTeams Bowl because he 'thought we looked like Palace fans'.

That's about the extent of any trouble I've ever seen at Brighton away, although I've never got the train to or from the game so I imagine most (if any) aggro happens around the stations. Certainly never saw anything in the town centre when I was living there.

Pointsforprizes
30-10-2017, 11:58 PM
And did you run Kirby? :bash:

alanlee11
31-10-2017, 02:45 AM
Shudder to think they could send us down in April

foresthillbilly
31-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Shudder to think they could send us down in April

We'll be down by Christmas :D

Kirby
31-10-2017, 08:58 AM
And did you run Kirby? :bash:

No we just walked and laughed. There were families and kids around us. It was all a bit awkward.

Pretty sure he had a tattoo on his face.

Dobbo
02-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Just hired a gutter man to do some work for us. His name............none other than William Buckley. Poyet would be surprised !!

andyocpfc
21-11-2017, 10:04 PM
This time next week, we値l know if they致e beaten us, taken a point or stuffed the bastards! Can稚 wait, albeit with a bit (a lot) of trepidation.

CPFC.1990
21-11-2017, 10:15 PM
There is a thread on here where Palace fans are genuinely loving Brighton legend Glenn Murray and yet some still think this rivalry is a hot as ever?!

I fully understood the reaction Sir Steve got when he came back and we won 5-0.

Simon Rodger didn't get a good reception at all. Would find it unbelievable if Palace fans show any kind of appreciation towards Glenn Murray when we play them next week. That's for another time and place, full support has to go to Palace.

eagles #1
21-11-2017, 10:16 PM
There is a thread on here where Palace fans are genuinely loving Brighton legend Glenn Murray and yet some still think this rivalry is a hot as ever?!

I fully understood the reaction Sir Steve got when he came back and we won 5-0.

Simon Rodger didn't get a good reception at all. Would find it unbelievable if Palace fans show any kind of appreciation towards Glenn Murray when we play them next week. That's for another time and place, full support has to go to Palace. Same. **** him, Judas ****.

Buzz is building for this one now.

HeathfieldEagle
21-11-2017, 10:18 PM
I said to my Dad after watching them play Stoke, "how is their defence going to cope with Zaha, Townsend and Loftus-Cheek tearing into them". I think that's a reasonable enquiry.

Mad Raschic Ken
21-11-2017, 10:53 PM
I will be at an event with two Brighton season ticket holders next Wednesday evening. We simply can't lose next week.

HeathfieldEagle
21-11-2017, 10:58 PM
I was doing ok with it, now neanderthal 80's man is beginning to emerge.

orp pisshead1
22-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Was serious. I Don稚 remember that. I fairness that could happen anywhere where fans are mixed at stations etc through meeting trains. Many a game has taken place without issue or restricted to a couple of arrests.

In recent times yes but 80痴/90痴 kicked off a lot and in 70痴 but was before my time:D.

H.Bomb
22-11-2017, 06:49 AM
We turn our season around against Brighton.

H.Bomb
22-11-2017, 06:50 AM

The Old Bill won稚 let you out at Brighton.

Selhurst Celtic
22-11-2017, 10:14 AM

Embrace him. :vader:

Coastal Palace
22-11-2017, 11:09 AM
With little over 7 weeks away. Who else keeps thinking about this match with dread? I even had a dream last night we lost 6-0.

Of course 7 weeks is a long time in football and 7 weeks ago we had just started the season so anything can change. You never know, we could be mid table by then but who knows.

Anyhow, this match....shudder!

How you feeling about our first game against them for 5 years?

I've been to 'em all from the mid 70's onwards.
I still feel the same now as I did when I was little....do this scum, Palace!
Glenn Murray...he's the enemy now.

Bizarro
22-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Much like when we played them in the playoffs, they just saw a bad run and assumed they'd win. But like then we'd got over the bad performances maybe a win against Stoke and we'll be massively up for this. I'm getting more confident by the day, I think we'll win.

jmemour
23-11-2017, 10:37 AM
We're due to give some an absolute thumping. Hope it's them.

Selhurst Celtic
23-11-2017, 10:43 AM
On and off the pitch.

:vader:

Spindle
23-11-2017, 02:11 PM
How the hell is this match not live on Sky?

Always wanking each other off about the north London derby and the scouse one, but we don't have one? Idiots.

gilesy14
23-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Dreading it.

Spindle
23-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Why? Relish it lad. Those scum have been lording 1/4 season like they've made it. The end of the beginning, let's get them on the back foot and rattle them.

The noise from the Palace end will be immense, I can feel it already.

Spindle
23-11-2017, 02:18 PM

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/highlander/images/5/5e/11547441_gal.png.jpg

switchboard
23-11-2017, 02:22 PM
If social media is anything to go by I expect about 10,000 travelling down without tickets

Mad Raschic Ken
23-11-2017, 04:37 PM
If social media is anything to go by I expect about 10,000 travelling down without tickets

Any minibuses full of Millwall?

Pikie Punisher
23-11-2017, 04:41 PM

My latest estimate is 15,000, it's gonna be the Palace Christmas Party.

cardiffeagle
23-11-2017, 04:53 PM

CPFC.1990
23-11-2017, 06:53 PM
How the hell is this match not live on Sky?

Always wanking each other off about the north London derby and the scouse one, but we don't have one? Idiots.

Can you imagine the outpouring of condemnation our support will be getting when the inevitable chants ring out. If it was live on the TV you would have the whole internet calling for us to be deducted points and Palace to play games behind closed doors. So from that perspective it's probably just as well.

Just hope the back pages the next day are all about us stuffing them 3-0 and not about some chanting.