PDA

View Full Version : Football is coming home!

Buysakho
05-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Just got a feeling we will win World Cup next summer . Kane and rashford sensational partnership.

Southgate being manager just feels like it is meant to be that we end the years of hurt with all his history with three lions.

Get alli and lallana back in side and I just have a feeling it's ours .

eagles #1
05-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Just got a feeling we will win World Cup next summer . Kane and rashford sensational partnership.

Southgate being manager just feels like it is meant to be that we end the years of hurt with all his history with three lions.

:D:D

CT_Palace
05-10-2017, 11:11 PM

Just out of interest, did you predict the best ever Palace start to the season?

ExiledStirling
After 15 plus years of being served up dull and boring crap by a bunch of overpaid 'superstars' my interest in the fortunes of my national team are close to zero.

Good on you though for still caring.

greybot
How old are you Buysakho?

Brett
06-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Poor man’s Carlos fingerball.

big bad John
06-10-2017, 02:35 AM

Let me guess. Date of Birth. 1992. First memory: 1996. Started supporting Palace: 2012 Finest moment. Finding Pokemon (or whatever you millennials call it) Worst moment in football: Palace finishing in the bottom half of the Prem. The shame of it.

Hedgehog
06-10-2017, 03:15 AM
60 years of hurt!

RedStripe Eagle
06-10-2017, 04:46 AM
Nice to know they have wifi in mental asylums!!

SeanPalace84
06-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Rashford and Kane are brilliant players.....the rest?

Ralph
06-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Ah yes the BBS...here to destroy your positivity, belief and dreams.

Good on you mate! I too think we can win it and look forward to the draw to work out our route to the final and book the day's off work to watch it all.

bellalove
06-10-2017, 05:44 AM
Best of luck! Keep us posted! LOL

Bipe
06-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Come on Buysahko, no-one really buys your persona anymore. You've had a decent run but time to wind it down now.

You forgot to mention Joel Ward fighting his way into the starting eleven anyway.

Phil's Barber
06-10-2017, 06:14 AM
Let me guess. Date of Birth. 1992. First memory: 1996. Started supporting Palace: 2012 Finest moment. Finding Pokemon (or whatever you millennials call it) Worst moment in football: Palace finishing in the bottom half of the Prem. The shame of it.

:D Shut up grandad.

I for one will be supporting England all the way to the quarter finals.

Les Butler
06-10-2017, 06:28 AM
I don't know what to say LOL :D

Are you Joe "we were Brilliant" Hart ?

orp pisshead1
06-10-2017, 06:30 AM

Can you pm your dealers number mate? Ta :p

orp pisshead1
06-10-2017, 06:35 AM
After 15 plus years of being served up dull and boring crap by a bunch of overpaid 'superstars' my interest in the fortunes of my national team are close to zero.

Good on you though for still caring.

Mate I'm a hugely passionate England fan as it's my country but while those wankers at the fa employ yes men like Southgate even I struggle to watch every game tho i do. I'll be pleased to get out of the group to be honest as not enough passion for their country from the players. I accept there's pressure playing for arguably the biggest football nation in the world but there's just no passion. Huge game for the Scots pressure wise last night and they stuck straight in and looked on the highlights to play some good stuff at times.

Buysakho
06-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Keeping Phil Jones for will be key , he has a dash of Terry Butcher about him.

orp pisshead1
06-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Nice to know they have wifi in mental asylums!!

How else do you think glaziers fan posts :rolleyes:

:D

pallet
06-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Keeping Phil Jones for will be key , he has a dash of Terry Butcher about him.

What about Jordan "Gazza" Henderson?

switchboard
06-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Not sure why England fail so badly at playing football, the starting 11 really isn't that bad, he can play a youthful side full of pace but having Henderson anywhere near the starting 11 just slows everything down.

Rashford, Kane, Sterling, Alli, Lallana, Lingaard, Townsend, Sturridge... The pace is there to hurt people.

BBK
06-10-2017, 09:03 AM
I've never been entertained watching an England match. Even when we (Palace) are losing there's some drama but England are the most boring side in football. Quite an achievement tbf.

Yoda
06-10-2017, 09:34 AM
I have been entertained by England in the past, but not for many years.

It’s not just dull football, I suspect it’s also because the individual players are rather bland.

Kane has something about him and puts in the effort now. Rashford has moments. But most of the rest are so dull themselves, almost corporate in their blandness.

Where are the characters?

tsunamiman
06-10-2017, 10:28 AM
It's 16 years since Beckham scored 'that' free kick against Greece. Pretty sure this might be the last time I truly cared about the England team because it's the last time the players cared.

Yoda
06-10-2017, 10:34 AM
It's 16 years since Beckham scored 'that' free kick against Greece. Pretty sure this might be the last time I truly cared about the England team because it's the last time the players cared.

Could be wrong, but my memory of that match is that England struggled to break Greece down, and then Beckham’s excellent free kick got us through. Possibly more than we deserved then.

JamTheEagle
06-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Not sure why England fail so badly at playing football, the starting 11 really isn't that bad, he can play a youthful side full of pace but having Henderson anywhere near the starting 11 just slows everything down.

Rashford, Kane, Sterling, Alli, Lallana, Lingaard, Townsend, Sturridge... The pace is there to hurt people.

Henderson has been stealing a living for years, he is woeful. Pointless him being there when all he does is pass the ball backward at every opportunity.

tsunamiman
06-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Could be wrong, but my memory of that match is that England struggled to break Greece down, and then Beckham’s excellent free kick got us through. Possibly more than we deserved then.

Not saying we played well. Quite the opposite. Its just the last time I cared.

BBK
06-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Henderson has been stealing a living for years, he is woeful. Pointless him being there when all he does is pass the ball backward at every opportunity.

I never got why some people love him. He is very average at everything. A midfield 3 of Dier, Alli and Lallana would be good if we were playing that way.

Every English Tottenham player should get in the team. I think the Chelsea/Spurs formation would work well as we don't have good genuine wide players. Not sure who would play CM with Lallana if Dier played in a back 3 and Alli and Sterling player off Kane though. Rose and Trippier or Clyne wide would be good.

Tbf to the players I think a major problem with England is we always employ boring managers. Why Gareth Southgate is the manager ill never understand, not only have his tactics always been boring but he is a very dull and uncharismatic person. Wenger would bring some entertainment.

brighton_eagle
06-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Henderson sums up everything that is wrong with the England set up. He was earmarked at a very young age as a future England prospect and that has come to pass irrelevant of his actual performances. He's there because his face fits. It's exactly the opposite of why Wilf isn't in the England team.

We will never succeed on the international stage whilst this sort of thing happens, and whilst players are picked based on their attitude and 'professionalism' over their ability.

ebyeeckeagle
06-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Nudge Gareth aside, bung Carlo Ancelloti £5m for less than a year's work (or some such eye brow raising amount) - job done. Quarter finals reached.

ExiledStirling
06-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Other than Martyn in goal (iirc it was him in goal) and Beckham the other 9 on the pitch were very poor.

Not just because of his goal, Beckhams performance that night was one of the best I have seen by anybody in an England shirt. He was all over the park and showed the type of passion and single minded determination that is so sadly lacking these days.

switchboard
06-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Get Joe Hart out of goal as well, if he isn't confident in his own ability by now then he isn't the one.

---------------------------Butland ---------------------------

Spurs full back ---- Cahill --- Stones ---- Spurs full back
----------------------------- Dier ----------------------------
------------- Lallana ------------------------- Alli -----------
Sterling ------------------------------------------- Rashford
-----------------------------Kane ----------------------------

Get absolute pace on the bench and take either Crouch or Carroll as a back up.

United have shown how to finish teams off this season with pace off the bench.

If Cahill, Stones and Dier can't look after Slovenian attacks they shouldn't be near the team.

Alas I haven't watched England since the Iceland game but it is baffling how all those guys in the team above are having great seasons at club level and coming into the England set up looking like they have never played football before. We should have appointed a foreign manager if there was no decent English option instead of appoint Southgate solely because he is English.

ExiledStirling
06-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Mate I'm a hugely passionate England fan as it's my country but while those wankers at the fa employ yes men like Southgate even I struggle to watch every game tho i do. I'll be pleased to get out of the group to be honest as not enough passion for their country from the players. I accept there's pressure playing for arguably the biggest football nation in the world but there's just no passion. Huge game for the Scots pressure wise last night and they stuck straight in and looked on the highlights to play some good stuff at times.
I know you are and I admire the fact that you have stuck through thin and thin.

Funnily enough I was speaking to Elgin last night on the phone while the England game was on (neither of I were watching it) and you came up in conversation re your loyalty to the cause, and other things as well (all complimentary you will be pleased to know :))

orp pisshead1
06-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I know you are and I admire the fact that you have stuck through thin and thin.

Funnily enough I was speaking to Elgin last night on the phone while the England game was on (neither of I were watching it) and you came up in conversation re your loyalty to the cause, and other things as well (all complimentary you will be pleased to know :))

Blimey! Thanks :D.