PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Lex Allan

gold76
06-10-2017, 08:44 AM
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-talk-crystal-palace-battle-578647

Young non league defender

Was on beeb gossip the other day too..

Cool name, Lex Luger, Lex Luthor spring to mind

Galo
06-10-2017, 09:02 AM
Sounds perfect for us, Lex in lots of goals

jaspercpfc
06-10-2017, 09:09 AM
expect Lex Luger to rock up then

Lords Eagle
11-10-2017, 07:11 PM
expect Lex Luger to rock up then

I'm all for taking on young guns

Shipp Ahoy!
11-10-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm always in favour of these signings, takes about a thousand of them costwise to cost as much as a Jordan Mutch and if 1 in even 200 comes good we are squids (and talent) up.

That said, can't remember the last time one did. Possibly because it feels like we have only signed about 5 of these types of players in the last 5 years...

Guess we just have to wait for another 195 signings/years...

Neillo's Son
11-10-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm always in favour of these signings, takes about a thousand of them costwise to cost as much as a Jordan Mutch and if 1 in even 200 comes good we are squids (and talent) up.

That said, can't remember the last time one did. Possibly because it feels like we have only signed about 5 of these types of players in the last 5 years...

Guess we just have to wait for another 195 signings/years...

Agreed, although it annoys me no end when people say they could be the next Ian Wright etc, that was 30 years ago and has no bearing on the current game.

Good luck to the lad if he signs though, every lads dream to get spotted by a Prem club!

Maidstoned Eagle
11-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Agreed, although it annoys me no end when people say they could be the next Ian Wright etc, that was 30 years ago and has no bearing on the current game.

Good luck to the lad if he signs though, every lads dream to get spotted by a Prem club!

The next Jamie Vardy?

DARZET EAGLE
11-10-2017, 10:00 PM
The next Jamie Vardy?

Possibly but he's a defender.;)

Woosie
17-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Played for a hybrid 23s/18s side which defeated Pick Up Academy 6-0 today (at least, he was due to play) http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/sport/allan-lands-palace-trial-133765/

jimmy the gent
18-10-2017, 03:39 AM
Pick Up have really dropped off of late

Jman
18-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Played for a hybrid 23s/18s side which defeated Pick Up Academy 6-0 today (at least, he was due to play) http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sittingbourne/sport/allan-lands-palace-trial-133765/

Woah 6ft 7 and only 18!

Maidstoned Eagle
18-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Possibly but he's a defender.;)

Bung him up front

jimmy the gent
18-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Woah 6ft 7 and only 18!

If he's that size and not been picked up by a league team i wouldn't have much hopes for his ability. Youth scouts are always hoovering up the specimens at a young age, it's one reason we have traditionally had wingers and tricky players coming through the academy. If they were bigger and stronger they'd have gone to Chelsea or another big academy. Traditionally the smaller clubs get the smaller players...

Celestial Empire
18-10-2017, 04:49 PM
If he's that size and not been picked up by a league team i wouldn't have much hopes for his ability. Youth scouts are always hoovering up the specimens at a young age, it's one reason we have traditionally had wingers and tricky players coming through the academy. If they were bigger and stronger they'd have gone to Chelsea or another big academy. Traditionally the smaller clubs get the smaller players...

Yeah, that must be why Burnley have a bunch of dwarves ....

MFBias
18-10-2017, 06:21 PM

As the article says, he has only played semi-pro since the summer.

aashman12
19-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Doesn't really look like a specimen. No weight on that 6ft 7 frame at all

Palace Bear
19-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Doesn't really look like a specimen. No weight on that 6ft 7 frame at all

If his name was Peter, everyone would be shouting "Freeeeeeeeak".

mexicaneagle
20-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Heard he can be a bit lex in concentration but would be able to fit in snugly and become key for us.