PDA

View Full Version : Palace Have Had The 2nd Most Difficult First 7 Games

hdeagle
08-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Only Everton have faced tougher opposition than Palace in their opening 7 games of the new season.

This difficulty level for Palace has been considerably ramped up by us having so many key players missing for many of these games which were difficult enough without this.

At least these difficult games are now out of the way.

COYP

http://www.football365.com/news/which-team-has-had-the-easiest-run-of-fixtures

Worksop Palace
08-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Good God

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 12:28 PM
What a load of rubbish.....

Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton and Burnley should have given us at least 3 wins.

RCUK
08-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Facing a newly promoted team and 2 teams who will be facing a relegation battle as well isn't quite what I'd qualify as a hard start....

917L
08-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Deluded nonsense

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Plus, what exactly constitutes an 'easy' game in this league?

Gregz41
08-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Facing a newly promoted team and 2 teams who will be facing a relegation battle as well isn't quite what I'd qualify as a hard start....

I’m not trying to gloss over the current cluster ****, but after Chelsea we’ll have played 4 of the big 6 in the opening 8 games. After 9 games, we’ll have played 5 of them.

This is a terrible start, but it does suggest kinder fixtures are to come. Fixtures that we can’t squander like we did Huddersfield, Swansea and Burnley.

Wolfnipplechips
08-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Plus, what exactly constitutes an 'easy' game in this league?

Palace away.

jaspercpfc
08-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Palace away.

with Wayne in goal

Mr Palace
08-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Blah blah blah...

Huddersfield, Swansea and Southampton at home are among the most winnable games we will get all season. Burnley away is not that difficult either.

Just more excuses. We have to accept that we have badly underperformed.

Maiden Eagle
08-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Only Everton have faced tougher opposition than Palace in their opening 7 games of the new season.

This difficulty level for Palace has been considerably ramped up by us having so many key players missing for many of these games which were difficult enough without this.

COYP

You really are, full of excuses.

mpfn
08-10-2017, 03:34 PM
I'm all for trying to be positive, but this is a load of bullshit .

sl6 Eagle
08-10-2017, 04:40 PM
What a load of crap - delete thread please.

Windsor_Eagle
08-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Acknowledging that we have been poor, are paying the price for poor decision making and have also been a bit unlucky at times is not paradoxical. These views are not mutually exclusive.

dowieslovechild
08-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Let's just see how the next 7 games go. Fortunately the international break has started to help me to forget the first seven.

CPFC.1990
08-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Acknowledging that we have been poor, are paying the price for poor decision making and have also been a bit unlicky at times is not paradoxical. These views are not mutually exclusive.

:eek:

Windsor_Eagle
08-10-2017, 04:59 PM
:eek:

:D

Edited.

Lee sinnots ear
08-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Absolute Bollocks quite frankly it is difficult to think of an easier opening 5 games when you consider our record at Anfield. Sure the two Manc clubs are no chance matches but the others????

GorBlimey
08-10-2017, 06:58 PM

COYP

We need you hdeagle! :lux::p

foresthillbilly
08-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Huddersfield at home set the mood for the season. Thrashed at home by PL newbies. It was total embarrassment.
So I'm really not interested in trying to make out we are not doing badly.
We are dog5hlt, no matter how you dress it up.

CP-RJW
08-10-2017, 07:13 PM
You really are, full of excuses.
It's Pardew esque.

HurstpierPalace
08-10-2017, 07:15 PM

Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton and Burnley should have given us at least 1 draw.

Edited for accuracy.

HurstpierPalace
08-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Huddersfield at home set the mood for the season. Thrashed at home by PL newbies. It was total embarrassment.

Worth highlighting. 1 or 2 exceptions aside I really can't stand this group of players.

SteveyHawking
08-10-2017, 07:29 PM
We should have been on 7 points by now and confidence wouldn't be shot like it is now if that were the case. We really need to get some sort of positive result in the next three games to just get us up and running.

palace_burger
08-10-2017, 07:41 PM

Huddersfield, Swansea, Southampton and Burnley should have given us at least 3 wins.

I blame that idiot FDB ft those games

10 of the next twelve games are winnable, let's hope in 12 games time things look very different

Sp1Eagle
08-10-2017, 07:43 PM
:wallbash:

hdeagle
08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Let us see how Palace perform when our best players are in the team instead of the makeshift team that injuries have forced us to cobble together.

This season is far from being written off with so many games left to play and the prospect of Palace fielding a far stronger team than they have been able to so far which is not representative of what we are capable of producing with our key players back.

COYP

exiledeagle
08-10-2017, 08:03 PM
Let us see how Palace perform when our best players are in the team instead of the makeshift team that injuries have forced us to cobble together.

This season is far from being written off with so many games left to play and the prospect of Palace fielding a far stronger team than they have been able to so far which is not representative of what we are capable of producing with our key players back.

COYP

We rarely have our best players all available at same time - no different to any other side but they made sure they at least had some cover .

GorBlimey
08-10-2017, 08:20 PM

COYP

Yep.

The depressing pessimism on here is a total pisser.

We're down when we're down - otherwise there is everything to play for.

Plus we're fully capable of f*cking up a few other teams' aspirations as well. :p

sl6 Eagle
08-10-2017, 09:08 PM

COYP

Benteke out until the New Year you’ve got a long wait to see the strongest line up.

JackTheBiscuit
08-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Hd eagle..... I am still waiting for the explanation for the two apparent penalties that we weren't awarded at Burnley

mrgins
08-10-2017, 09:36 PM

It's bullshit to think that a newly promoted team is automatically fodder for a premiership team, especially a bottom third one

Neillo's Son
08-10-2017, 09:36 PM
In our first 10 games, we will have played Spurs, City, Utd and and Liverpool away.

The home games against the most favourable sides have been ones we’ve struggled in anyway in recent years, so we have still got a lot to play for and a winnable run coming up.

We badly need something against Chelsea though, even a goal would be a start!

glenn.f
08-10-2017, 10:04 PM
I thought this was a thread about some factual article that had been printed in some useless red top rag. I'm usually pretty optimistic where Palace are concerned but concur with the majority that this is indeed a load of old baloney. Huddersfield, Burnley, Southampton and Swansea should have yielded a minimum of 6 points for me. Sorry fella (op) but just cannot see where you are coming from on that one because you'd expect any of those four could easily have seen us win if we weren't in the biggest slump of all time.

GorBlimey
08-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Huddersfield, Burnley, Southampton and Swansea should have yielded a minimum of 6 points for me.

How and why?

Absolutely nothing is guaranteed in this league and it is simply arrogance to suggest we should turn over those teams.

We're bottom of the PL and also the mini league in which we compete but there's a hell of a long way to go and we are by no means finished.

We'll face a few more f*ck ups along the way but we'll also bugger up the fortunes of a few clubs too.

Crunchie
08-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Yes, we are the laughing stock of Football at the moment on all sports television & radio shows, but let’s just take a minute to spare a thought for the supports of the other 19 premier league teams who are currently hoping it isn’t them that we score against first & heaven forbid beat :)

I still think 40 points from 30 games is possible!

cpfc4evandeva
08-10-2017, 10:48 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

hdeagle
08-10-2017, 11:17 PM
i posted a genuine article based on Palace's first 7 opponents this season.

This is a factual article comparing which Premier League teams based on their opponents rating have had the most difficult first 7 games of a 38 game season and only Everton have had harder opponents than Palace according to the report.

Some of you find this hard to believe but that is what the article has determined after researching the subject matter.

I had no input into this article and was only bringing it to Palace fans attention.

glenn.f
09-10-2017, 04:33 AM
i posted a genuine article based on Palace's first 7 opponents this season.

This is a factual article comparing which Premier League teams based on their opponents rating have had the most difficult first 7 games of a 38 game season and only Everton have had harder opponents than Palace according to the report.

Some of you find this hard to believe but that is what the article has determined after researching the subject matter.

I had no input into this article and was only bringing it to Palace fans attention.

Sorry Hdeagle I'd missed the link at the bottom of your post so got that one wrong.

glenn.f
09-10-2017, 04:41 AM
How and why?

Absolutely nothing is guaranteed in this league and it is simply arrogance to suggest we should turn over those teams.

We're bottom of the PL and also the mini league in which we compete but there's a hell of a long way to go and we are by no means finished.

We'll face a few more f*ck ups along the way but we'll also bugger up the fortunes of a few clubs too.

May have not been the perfect choice of words but had you looked at any of those four fixtures before the start of the season you'd have fancied to have nicked at least two wins. So hardly arrogance in my post and you don't have to be telling me what we
may or may not do for the rest of the season, I have plenty enough optimism on our capabilities without being needled by you.

gilesy14
09-10-2017, 06:33 AM
I'm looking forward to people claiming we had the toughest 38 games out of everybody once we're relegated.

Maiden Eagle
09-10-2017, 06:40 AM
How and why?

But you would expect more than NIL pts and NIL goals from those 4 games.

Oli28
09-10-2017, 06:57 AM

COYP
Maybe we should have signed some decent backups?

strolling bones
09-10-2017, 07:35 AM
I'm looking forward to people claiming we had the toughest 38 games out of everybody once we're relegated.

This ... and perhaps criticising benteke and hennesey for some truly shocking performances on a forum will have contributed to our demise.

Kylie_Tracey
09-10-2017, 07:47 AM

COYP

good grief if we cant pick up points against Huddersfield,Swansea,Southampton and Burnley we might as well all pack up and follow rugger, I remember some loon on here said words to the effect that Huddersfield was a very very difficult game in which we shouldn't have been expected to win!:sob:

Kylie_Tracey
09-10-2017, 07:53 AM

or a Pizzagate/food poisoning conspiracy

SeanPalace84
09-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Whether we had the 2nd hardest start or not that doesn't excuse 0 wins and 0 goals.

Hector
09-10-2017, 08:17 AM
0 points is one thing but you just cannot get away from the 0 goals as anything other than shocking.

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 08:22 AM
Whether we had the 2nd hardest start or not that doesn't excuse 0 wins and 0 goals.

No that's down to the 15 penalties we haven't been awarded

Mr Palace
09-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Our start in terms of the fixtures has been kind. We've just been horrendous. But we can turn it round. I see us playing well against Chelsea but losing by a close score line and then getting two back to back wins against Newcastle and West Ham. I admit that's a long shot judging by our performances and lack of firepower but it surely has to turn for us and we have Wilf back and Sakho fully match fit.

We can but hope...

Kylie_Tracey
09-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Our start in terms of the fixtures has been kind. We've just been horrendous. But we can turn it round. I see us playing well against Chelsea but losing by a close score line and then getting two back to back wins against Newcastle and West Ham. I admit that's a long shot judging by our performances and lack of firepower but it surely has to turn for us and we have Wilf back and Sakho fully match fit.

We can but hope...

Liverpool couldn't even beat Newcastle with a world class Coutininho in the team at St James how do you suggest we win there? I dont see us getting anything agaisnt WH either, Rafa tactically is a million miles ahead of the game than RH is. The run up to Boxing Day is a bit kinder though;
Spurs 0
Everton possible 3 points
Stoke draw
Weeds draw
WBA 0
Bournemouth draw
Watford 0
LCFC 0
Swansea draw.
Maybe 7 points by the Arsenal game by which time the mountain will be too high to climb.

sw16girl
09-10-2017, 08:45 AM
At this stage of the season those type of stats have one serious flaw. The position any team is in the table is more or less dictated by a very few results. Therefore the only reason it looks as if we have had a tough run is because we have played teams who are now doing well partly because they got three points off us.

And Gilesy that will indeed be the case if we finish bottom. At the end of the season the club in bottom place will always have had the toughest run because they will be the only team that have not played the team in 20th so will have the highest difficulty factor using this incredibly flawed method of calculation. Likewise the team at the top will never have had to play the team in first place so will have the easiest fixture list - fixed! Which shows you can do anything with statistics.

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 08:48 AM
At this stage of the season those type of stats have one serious flaw. The position any team is in the table is more or less dictated by a very few results. Therefore the only reason it looks as if we have had a tough run is because we have played teams who are now doing well partly because they got three points off us.

And Gilesy that will indeed be the case if we finish bottom. At the end of the season the club in bottom place will always have had the toughest run because they will be the only team that have not played themselves so will have the highest difficulty factor. Which shows you can do anything with statistics.

Exactly - we have probably played three of the final bottom six already. Two of them at home.

Spindle
09-10-2017, 08:55 AM
The OP is correct. It was the same in our first season where we played the top 6 sides in the first 7 or 8 games. It makes a big difference and provided we start to compete we will be fine

ForzaPalace
09-10-2017, 08:56 AM

COYP

I hate you

Spindle
09-10-2017, 08:58 AM

And Gilesy that will indeed be the case if we finish bottom. At the end of the season the club in bottom place will always have had the toughest run because they will be the only team that have not played the team in 20th so will have the highest difficulty factor using this incredibly flawed method of calculation. Likewise the team at the top will never have had to play the team in first place so will have the easiest fixture list - fixed! Which shows you can do anything with statistics.

Liverpool Man City Man Utd away from home. Chelsea next. These are not teams up there because of a couple of fluke early results. Burnley have been on top form and we battered them. I'm not saying we've done OK, we haven't, but things look worse than they are.

CPFC.1990
09-10-2017, 08:58 AM

COYP

Have you ever seen a Palace relegation before??

I think this is going to hit you harder than most. Palace relegations are always a thing of 'beauty'. Either last day drama, an old legend scoring to send us down or a complete capitulation. Sadly I haven't seen us this inept before......

CP-RJW
09-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I hate you
:supergrin:

steve hail
09-10-2017, 09:08 AM
I don't think it's fair we don't get to play Palace.

CP-RJW
09-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Can we play us every week?

Mr Palace
09-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Liverpool couldn't even beat Newcastle with a world class Coutininho in the team at St James how do you suggest we win there? I dont see us getting anything agaisnt WH either, Rafa tactically is a million miles ahead of the game than RH is. The run up to Boxing Day is a bit kinder though;
Spurs 0
Everton possible 3 points
Stoke draw
Weeds draw
WBA 0
Bournemouth draw
Watford 0
LCFC 0
Swansea draw.
Maybe 7 points by the Arsenal game by which time the mountain will be too high to climb.

My hope is that Newcastle will have to come out and attack us whereas against Liverpool they just sat back. Their fans won't accept that against the likes of us and we can pick them off on the counter. Their defence is very average. Get the first goal and I'd be confident of beating them. I admit that scoring any goal feels like a long shot though at the moment!

mcmean
09-10-2017, 09:15 AM
A good point was raised on the HOLradio/fyp phone-in; imagine being Leicester, Bournemouth or Swansea thinking "hang on, Palace have lost all their games and not scored, yet they're only two wins away from overtaking us".

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 09:18 AM
A good point was raised on the HOLradio/fyp phone-in; imagine being Leicester, Bournemouth or Swansea thinking "hang on, Palace have lost all their games and not scored, yet they're only two wins away from overtaking us".

"only" - we have won one game in the last 12.

Kylie_Tracey
09-10-2017, 09:20 AM
My hope is that Newcastle will have to come out and attack us whereas against Liverpool they just sat back. Their fans won't accept that against the likes of us and we can pick them off on the counter. Their defence is very average. Get the first goal and I'd be confident of beating them. I admit that scoring any goal feels like a long shot though at the moment!

Rafa doesn't set his team up like that

sw16girl
09-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Liverpool Man City Man Utd away from home. Chelsea next. These are not teams up there because of a couple of fluke early results. Burnley have been on top form and we battered them. I'm not saying we've done OK, we haven't, but things look worse than they are.

No they do not look worse than they are. They look bad and they are bad. Out of seven games we have had three very winnable home games. Because we lost those we are bottom and those teams are higher up than they might otherwise be if we had (as might have been expected) won or even drawn them. We do not have the worst start since the football league began in 1880 odd due to a tricky run of away fixtures.

We are where we are because we are not very good at the moment. That does not mean we will get relegated. Things may get better but it is pointless to underestimate the problems we have and produce spurious figures to make us feel better.

01CPFC
09-10-2017, 09:37 AM
0 points is one thing but you just cannot get away from the 0 goals as anything other than shocking.

You are forgetting a goal deficit of 17 goals,
how will we overcome that?

No problem Chelsea next, with our home form over the past few years definite 0 points, 0 goals, how many goals conceded,
will we be over 20 goals conceded after Chelsea WE ARE DOOMED

COYP

Mr Palace
09-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Rafa doesn't set his team up like that

They are nothing to be scared of. If we can get everyone bar Benteke back then we will be a match for them - and I don't see why we can't beat them.

READING EAGLE
09-10-2017, 09:53 AM
agree it has been difficult but we currently have 3 to 6 points less than we should!

CPFC.1990
09-10-2017, 10:03 AM

But our goal difference is a huge problem. We'd have to win two and Bournemouth would have to lose one and draw the other for us to even get off the bottom. It's soul destroying.

andyocpfc
09-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Can we play us every week?

We did, and we lost to U23 repeatedly! :D

Sharkba1t
09-10-2017, 10:18 AM
No they do not look worse than they are. They look bad and they are bad. Out of seven games we have had three very winnable home games. Because we lost those we are bottom and those teams are higher up than they might otherwise be if we had (as might have been expected) won or even drawn them. We do not have the worst start since the football league began in 1880 odd due to a tricky run of away fixtures.

We are where we are because we are not very good at the moment. That does not mean we will get relegated. Things may get better but it is pointless to underestimate the problems we have and produce spurious figures to make us feel better.

Your logic and reason has no place here. You're not even remotely hysterical. What's wrong with you? :p

Hector
09-10-2017, 11:08 AM

eagle mart
09-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Palace never win all the games they are 'meant' to win or lose all the games they are 'meant' to lose. It's football. We normally lose to the bottom side every year - as we are the bottom side it was only fitting that we lost to the U23's in a BHCD training game with 3 at the back.

We are suffering because of our first two home games... Which were unbelievable performances by a team that has been in this league 4 years. No excuses - forget the actual results - you can play well and still struggle/lose to Hudds and Swansea - that is football, but they were up there with the worst performances given the strength of a side vs the opposition in memory. League one opposition would have gotten something from those games, we were that woeful / clueless / tactically inept. Now we've had three of our four best players injured through a tough run of fixtures which has needlessly added to it all.

I see Merson has wrote us off already, but he when we lost 4-1 at home to Fulham a few years ago. To paraphrase at the time, "a team cant be relegated in October, but if Palace don't beat Fulham, they will be the first one". We got battered at home.

Spindle
09-10-2017, 11:33 AM
agree it has been difficult but we currently have 3 to 6 points less than we should!

Exactly this. If those games happened mid season nobody would be shitting it.

Spindle
09-10-2017, 11:36 AM
And yeah, the fact that Merston has us relegated practically guarantees our survival :lux:

west eagle
09-10-2017, 12:15 PM
When the fixtures came out i was looking at a easy start to be honest, turned into anything but.

Fatboy
09-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Perhaps it was also making allowances for the manager ?

<Puts on tin hat>

Spindle
09-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Only the first 3 were considered easy though, Huddersfield considered a banana skin, and FDB buggered it right up. Who on earth considers 4 of the giants in the first 8 games an 'easy start'? If that were Brighton's final fixtures we'd be rubbing our hands with glee and laughing........oh wait.....:lux:

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Only the first 3 were considered easy though, Huddersfield considered a banana skin, and FDB buggered it right up. Who on earth considers 4 of the giants in the first 8 games an 'easy start'? If that were Brighton's final fixtures we'd be rubbing our hands with glee and laughing........oh wait.....:lux:

So you think scoring 0 goals and conceding 17 in seven games, with four of those teams likely to finish in the bottom half is OK?

Palace Bear
09-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Apart from the fact it is nonsense, even if it wasn't, the negativity and confidence sapping the first set of games has caused, will ultimately be our downfall.

GrayP41ace
09-10-2017, 12:57 PM

COYP

:supergrin: what a load of bungle

In 12 games time we've played everyone, what excuse we going for then? :rolleyes:

GrayP41ace
09-10-2017, 01:00 PM

'The' first goal?? I'd settle for 'A' first goal right now :supergrin:

Chris K
09-10-2017, 01:10 PM
I think that article does have some truths in it but to say our position is solely down to our fixtures is also not right. We've had a perfect storm of new crazy manager trying to implement a new style, injuries to key players, change of manager, not acting in the transfer market as we were going to blow 75% of the budget on a player that wouldn't be back from injury until the end of Septmber, only playing 4 preseason games so ill prepared to hit the ground running.

A couple of those factors hitting you would cause a stutter, all of them hitting at the same time leaves you with zero goals and successive straight defeats.

Hopefully we can get a skanky draw against Chelsea and then get things moving

Fatboy
09-10-2017, 02:02 PM
'and Crystal Palace are bloody awful.'

The only part of the article that rings true.

Spindle
09-10-2017, 02:37 PM
So you think scoring 0 goals and conceding 17 in seven games, with four of those teams likely to finish in the bottom half is OK?

No I don't, but if i'm surprised that you think that Southampton will finish in the bottom half, a team that has finished 8th, 7th, 6th and 8th again in the past 4 seasons, and you expected a win versus Burnley, who had the 3rd best home record last season, which looks set to continue.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10758757/burnley8217s-amazing-home-record-is-the-third-best-in-the-premier-league

Huddersfield was a banana skin. Swansea was utterly dire. I expected little from the bin dippers, citeh, wankers and next week v Chelsea.

We're 3-6 points off were we probably should be, no more.

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 03:31 PM
No I don't, but if i'm surprised that you think that Southampton will finish in the bottom half, a team that has finished 8th, 7th, 6th and 8th again in the past 4 seasons, and you expected a win versus Burnley, who had the 3rd best home record last season, which looks set to continue.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10758757/burnley8217s-amazing-home-record-is-the-third-best-in-the-premier-league

Huddersfield was a banana skin. Swansea was utterly dire. I expected little from the bin dippers, citeh, wankers and next week v Chelsea.

We're 3-6 points off were we probably should be, no more.

How about looking in the here and now and see that Burnley failed to score against Huddersfield and West Brom at home in their other two home games this season, whilst Southampton are struggling to score and nowhere near the team they have been in previous seasons. We simply had to get 7 or 8 points from our first five games at least.

Samh123
09-10-2017, 03:42 PM
That list of schedule strength is a bit oversimplified

Palace will have made their opponents look stronger than they are by giving away 21/21 points.

Spindle
09-10-2017, 04:25 PM
How about looking in the here and now and see that Burnley failed to score against Huddersfield and West Brom at home in their other two home games this season, whilst Southampton are struggling to score and nowhere near the team they have been in previous seasons. We simply had to get 7 or 8 points from our first five games at least.

We HAD to get 7 or 8 points? Are you expecting a European place?

If you are so sure of relegation then put a bet on it. I'm waiting until we lose to Chelsea then backing us to stay up.

Buglebob
09-10-2017, 04:30 PM
I'm waiting until we lose to Chelsea then backing us to stay up.

Same.

Worksop Palace
09-10-2017, 04:39 PM
:supergrin: what a load of bungle

In 12 games time we've played everyone, what excuse we going for then? :rolleyes:

All refs hate us

The FA have conspired against us by making us play everyone. Twice would you believe !

We should have had 274 penalties this season. (Although we would have missed 271 of them)

Playing at Selhurst is a 'cup final' for away teams

It's really bloody bad luck that we have had some injuries. No one else gets injuries.

Hennessey has been really unlucky to have had his hands made out of papier-mâché

Rinse. Repeat

COYP

Sharkba1t
09-10-2017, 04:46 PM
The opening game of the season really pi$$ed me off. But nothing compares to Chungys fk up at Burnley. I still can hardly believe what that **** did. Why the fk hasn't he been sacked for gross incompetence. We haven't had it tougher than anyone else - we just been shyte.

palacemetros
09-10-2017, 06:16 PM

54-60 points over the season.????
You realise this is a Palace forum?

Jim Cannon
09-10-2017, 06:22 PM

COYP

Do you ever stop writing crap? We have been in this division FIVE years. We have been utter shit and no amount of your excuses can explain it away

hdeagle
09-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Palace have finished 11th, 10th, 15th and 14th since promotion.

Not exactly as bad as some fans think.

COYP

Worksop Palace
09-10-2017, 07:04 PM

COYP

And that has to do with what exactly. No one is talking about previous seasons. We're talking about this season. As your original post was.

Seriously mate, stop embarrassing yourself

gilesy14
09-10-2017, 07:12 PM

COYP

It would've been 4 consecutive top 4 finishes were it not for referees, injuries, bad luck & the BBC.

hdeagle
09-10-2017, 07:15 PM
My reply was to Jim Cannon's post which is wide of the mark in saying that Palace have been poor since promotion which does not tally with their finishing positions.

COYP

Worksop Palace
09-10-2017, 07:17 PM
My reply was to Jim Cannon's post which is wide of the mark in saying that Palace have been poor since promotion which does not tally with their finishing positions.

COYP

He didn't say that

Jim Cannon
09-10-2017, 07:32 PM

COYP

Try reading what I said which is nothing of the sort. This thread is about this season. We have been so shite it is embrassing. Trying to blame it on the fixtures is pathetic rubbish. An experienced premier league outfit should have managed better than zero points and zero goals

JackTheBiscuit
09-10-2017, 08:12 PM
54-60 points over the season.????
You realise this is a Palace forum?

Are you thick? To compensate for the likelihood of no points in the next three i.e. 7 or 8 points after 8 games having had two of our "easiest" home games used up. And people thinking we have an easy run after Chelsea...Newcastle away, Everton at home - a team we haven't even scored against at home in four seasons - then Spurs away. Utterly deluded

bigGcpfc
09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
The opening game of the season really pi$$ed me off. But nothing compares to Chungys fk up at Burnley. I still can hardly believe what that **** did. Why the fk hasn't he been sacked for gross incompetence. We haven't had it tougher than anyone else - we just been shyte.

That is just rubbish mate. We still had 88 mins to put that right. We got thumped by the new boys, red hot fav's for relegation and have never recovered.

bigGcpfc
09-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Hdeagle, do you think we can still make Europe this season ?

Sharkba1t
10-10-2017, 05:37 AM
That is just rubbish mate. We still had 88 mins to put that right. We got thumped by the new boys, red hot fav's for relegation and have never recovered.

It’s not rubbish at all. What exactly are you disagreeing with?

palacemetros
10-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Are you thick? To compensate for the likelihood of no points in the next three i.e. 7 or 8 points after 8 games having had two of our "easiest" home games used up. And people thinking we have an easy run after Chelsea...Newcastle away, Everton at home - a team we haven't even scored against at home in four seasons - then Spurs away. Utterly deluded

So all games go to "form" do they? Have a look pal and tell me when was the last time we beat the teams we "should" beat, and lost to the teams we "should" lose to. If it was that easy, we'd all make a fortune on accumulators.

And you reckon I'm thick? Have a look in the mirror.

bigGcpfc
10-10-2017, 09:30 PM
It’s not rubbish at all. What exactly are you disagreeing with?

That losing to Burnley was worse than losing to Huddersfield. We still should have beaten Burnley but were well beaten by the Terriers.

OldPeanutSeller
10-10-2017, 09:42 PM
You could also argue that the "top teams" have had their ratings inflated by 14% by having played a shite team like Crystal Palace.

JJ
11-10-2017, 05:27 AM
The opening game of the season really pi$$ed me off. But nothing compares to Chungys fk up at Burnley. I still can hardly believe what that **** did. Why the fk hasn't he been sacked for gross incompetence

Really? Footballers make mistakes just like everyone else does. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a certain degree of accountability, but I would also argue that Scott Dann missing a clear header from about two fifths of a gnat's chuff out in the same game was almost as bad as CYL getting a back pass wrong.

meee
11-10-2017, 06:02 PM
Really? Footballers make mistakes just like everyone else does. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a certain degree of accountability, but I would also argue that Scott Dann missing a clear header from about two fifths of a gnat's chuff out in the same game was almost as bad as CYL getting a back pass wrong.

It's one thing making a poor mistake but rather than giving it everything to make up for it he just strolled around the pitch for 60 minutes feeling sorry for himself.If we had any options on the bench he'd have been subbed before half time.It was the worst individual performance I've seen in the Premier League and Championship this season.

GrayP41ace
11-10-2017, 09:15 PM
So all games go to "form" do they? Have a look pal and tell me when was the last time we beat the teams we "should" beat, and lost to the teams we "should" lose to. If it was that easy, we'd all make a fortune on accumulators.

To be fair, every game we've been has been true to form!!

Penstone Eagle
12-10-2017, 08:12 AM

COYP

Deluded.

hdeagle
12-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Unusual for you to wait so long Penstone before jumping on your negativity bandwagon.

So called fans like you make me sick.

Fortunately your ilk are in the minority and will soon be a dying breed.

COYP PTID

JackTheBiscuit
12-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Unusual for you to wait so long Penstone before jumping on your negativity bandwagon.

COYP PTID

Tell me what is remotely positive about 7 straight defeats no goals scored, 17 goals conceded, having the worst keeper in the division with no cover and no striker for the next four weeks at least.

JackTheBiscuit
12-10-2017, 12:01 PM

Well we lost to the last two teams that we should have lost to in the previous two games - what's your point?

Let me explain this to you in simple words. We needed to get as many points as possible from the first five games in the knowledge that we had a very tough run of games (7 of the next 8 in my view, 2 of which we have already been soundly beaten in) to follow.

However, I don't expect you to get it in the deluded world that you live in.

sydnsteve
12-10-2017, 01:01 PM
I think the fact that we are likely to be the worst team ever in football in England after Saturday gives a clue as to how bad we are. We managed to make Soton and Swansea look like world beaters, and no we have no CF.

Jim Cannon
12-10-2017, 06:47 PM
All refs hate us

The FA have conspired against us by making us play everyone. Twice would you believe !

We should have had 274 penalties this season. (Although we would have missed 271 of them)

Playing at Selhurst is a 'cup final' for away teams

It's really bloody bad luck that we have had some injuries. No one else gets injuries.

Hennessey has been really unlucky to have had his hands made out of papier-mâché

Rinse. Repeat

COYP

You must spread etc

Penstone Eagle
12-10-2017, 07:35 PM

COYP PTID

Oh do shut up.

palacemetros
12-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Well we lost to the last two teams that we should have lost to in the previous two games - what's your point?

Let me explain this to you in simple words. We needed to get as many points as possible from the first five games in the knowledge that we had a very tough run of games (7 of the next 8 in my view, 2 of which we have already been soundly beaten in) to follow.

However, I don't expect you to get it in the deluded world that you live in.

The sad thing is that you are so focused on dishing out insults that you've lost sight of your own position on this. You stated that we simply had to get 7-8 points from the opening 5 games. I argued that football doesn't work that way and I've followed Palace long enough to know that if any club can defy the pundits, it's us. By that, I meant that while we may also win games that on paper we shouldn't, we are more than capable of losing games we are fancied to win. So far we've done heroically well at the latter this season! It doesn't necessarily follow that we will win games against the bigger teams this year as we have in past seasons. In fact, we've fluked it for three seasons in my opinion by not having any medium term (let alone long term) plan to improve our results against the teams in and around us. That failure may come back to haunt us this season and the odds are looking decidedly as though it will. However, I am not prepared to abandon ship on top flight existence just yet as there is still a long way to go. It's nice to see that you take your football seriously but I'd advise you to lighten up a bit coz Palace will always find a way of dashing your hopes and dreams.

Far from being deluded, I am a realist when it comes to CPFC.

cpfc4evandeva
12-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Oh do shut up.

COYP

New LP
12-10-2017, 09:23 PM

COYP PTID

So Mr Superfan, you are only a 'fan' if you are deluded and live in a constant state of denial about the realities of the situation we are in?

Well thanks for informing many Palace fans with I suspect many more grounds under their belts and years supporting the club than you where they stand.

It's actually childish people like you spoil this forum as a serious place for discussion and opinion who make me slightly nauseous. Not full blown sick as neither you nor the bbs are really that important in the grander scheme of things.

hdeagle
12-10-2017, 09:54 PM
A fan is someone that supports the club through thick and thin not someone that looks at every opportunity to look at things in a negative light and ignore any positivity and put down fans who have this outlook.

Palace has very much been part of my life for over 50 years and I have been a season ticket holder for the last 44 years and in that time I have been to 100's of away games and for many years was a Coach One regular.

Please don't preach to me what supporting Palace means as I did my bit along with other die-hard Palace fans in raising money for the "Save Our Club Campaign" when times were really bad and not just on the pitch as the club was facing extinction.

Times at Palace have been far more dire than losing games at the start of a season but I suspect that very few of the constant moaners were even Palace supporters back then.

When times are bad that is when the true Palace fans get behind the team and do not moan and go missing as if we had done this in the past and just thrown the towel in there would have been no Palace to support now.

COYP PTID

Thefunkymonk
12-10-2017, 10:09 PM
A fan is someone that supports the club through thick and thin not someone that looks at every opportunity to look at things in a negative light and ignore any positivity and put down fans who have this outlook.

Palace has very much been part of my life for over 50 years and I have been a season ticket holder for the last 44 years and in that time I have been to 100's of away games and for many years was a Coach One regular.

Please don't preach to me what supporting Palace means as I did my bit along with other die-hard Palace fans in raising money for the "Save Our Club Campaign" when times were really bad and not just on the pitch as the club was facing extinction.

Times at Palace have been far more dire than losing games at the start of a season but I suspect that very few of the constant moaners were even Palace supporters back then.

When times are bad that is when the true Palace fans get behind the team and do not moan and go missing as if we had done this in the past and just thrown the towel in there would have been no Palace to support now.

COYP PTID

Commedable and probably no different to the majority in here... they just happen to not be as patient and positive as you.

Anyway.. we are shit

palacemetros
13-10-2017, 01:06 PM

COYP PTID

Although you sometimes appear blinkered to the point of denial, this is a decent post and I like it! :p