PDA

View Full Version : Your Brighton fan at work

Spindle
10-10-2017, 08:14 AM
I have one. A guy in his late 50's and I seldom see him. He's learned to avoid the banter after several years of batterings we've handed out since we bumped into each other one day when I was wearing a Palace hat. He's even reluctant give me stick now in case it comes back to haunt him near the end of the season. It started with an "Oh Christ not Palace" that day and we exchanged some unfriendly abuse but that was before the playoffs. Unfortunately we've quelled them so much it means having very realistic football discussions like you would with anybody. :rolleyes:

What are your workplace seaweed(s) like?

Phil's Barber
10-10-2017, 08:24 AM
None at mine. One of my clients a few years ago had a season ticket at the Amex, but it turned out he was actually Tottenham.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
10-10-2017, 09:04 AM
You never see one

CharlieCPFC
10-10-2017, 09:15 AM
I have one at work, good bloke in all fairness. Bought my baby a few bits when he was born but he does seem for me very much in the minority of working class and clued up on football matters Brighton element. I encounter enough in the county to realise the majority are snotty nosed ponces with not much idea on the game.

PIE "N" MASH
10-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Never met one on any site I've worked on,that's 35 years of nothing.Seems quite apt given it's Brighton:p

leicester1
10-10-2017, 12:09 PM
I did see the Brighton wreath in London on Saturday,also the Palace one both heading for London Bridge.:p

Phil's Barber
10-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Not at work but a real weed. My daughter's friend at nursery has a weed dad. An awkward fellow who shuffles about looking at his shoes whenever I'm around. Called his new son Sebastian . Unbelievable.

thereichstuff
10-10-2017, 12:14 PM
None with me . Alough my labourer knows **** all about football so he could pass as one I suppose.

Latvian
10-10-2017, 12:30 PM
Was one in the ticket office that endured the Preistfield and Withdean years and he has since retired. A good egg and always willing to talk about all things football - especially when it comes to betting.

I now work in Eastbourne. There is only one colleague who has supported Br*ghton through the shit. All the others have started taken an interest since that eyesore on Falmer was made. More often than not their first team is Spurs or Liverpool.

Dorking .Eagle
10-10-2017, 01:30 PM
The one in our office always used to support Chelsea. I say 'support' - he'd only watch them when they were on terrestrial tv, mostly in the Champions League.

Then when Br*ghton opened the Amex he got a season ticket there and started referring to them as 'we', for example 'should I be talking to you because we are your rivals'

He is a complete bellend to be honest. Shame because the real hardcore went through years of hard times at Gillingham and the Withdean, only for people like this to jump on the bandwagon.

Big Gav
10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Not at work but a real weed. My daughter's friend at nursery has a weed dad. An awkward fellow who shuffles about looking at his shoes whenever I'm around. Called his new son Sebastian . Unbelievable.

Not Simeon is it?

Silks&Tekkers
10-10-2017, 04:54 PM
We have one but he keeps a low profile, obviously doesn't fancy his chances with me and the three other palace boys in the company. It's hilarious as we work in football analytics and performance data and he can't mention one single thing - even though the stats don't lie - we have been terrible.

thereichstuff
10-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Not Simeon is it?

Has Sebastian got a chunky baby grow ?

mpfn
10-10-2017, 06:03 PM

:lux:

matbha
10-10-2017, 06:09 PM
My main boss is a palace fan and a few in the office ,even 2 of the cleaners are palace STH always giving me stick lol gone silent lol not even mentioned football

Crofty
10-10-2017, 07:30 PM

...a Blue & White onesie with pompoms at the knees and elbows and another pair where they are needed.....

SwoopingGull
11-10-2017, 01:13 PM
My main boss is a palace fan and a few in the office ,even 2 of the cleaners are palace STH always giving me stick lol gone silent lol not even mentioned football

My Manager is a Chelsea/Palace fan. He openly admits he will support whoever is winning at the time. We give him stick about supporting two teams but its water of a ducks back to him.

smileysmith
11-10-2017, 01:27 PM
None at work but I know a couple as mates. One is a proper Brighton boy, born and bred - been there through the tough times. He's a smack addict now though.

The other is bit of **** if I'm honest. Quite well off these days though.

CPFC Since 68
11-10-2017, 01:29 PM
My Manager is a Chelsea/Palace fan. He openly admits he will support whoever is winning at the time. We give him stick about supporting two teams but its water of a ducks back to him.

So predictably.

smileysmith
11-10-2017, 01:41 PM
My Manager is a Chelsea/Brighton fan. He openly admits he will support whoever is winning at the time. We give him stick about supporting two teams but its water of a ducks back to him.

EFA.

relegatedeagle
11-10-2017, 03:07 PM

That means it is possible that Old Git could be your manager:D

old git
11-10-2017, 03:56 PM
That means it is possible that Old Git could be your manager:D

The trouble with this accusation is I can prove it to be bollocks as some posters on here have known me for over 40 years.You on the other hand are not known by any Brighton either on here or at matches except maybe Hitler.Lets face it you are a sad lonely individual who discovered football in 2011 like most of the Amex customers.

Chillo
11-10-2017, 04:00 PM
A fair few years ago, I used to work with two Br*ghton fans; they were Ok really and old-school Br*ghton fans.

One was Paul Welch (RIP) who did a lot for Br*ghton and the creation of the new ground.

SeanPalace84
11-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Only Brighton fan at my place supports Arsenal too.

matbha
11-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Was one in the ticket office that endured the Preistfield and Withdean years and he has since retired. A good egg and always willing to talk about all things football - especially when it comes to betting.

I now work in Eastbourne. There is only one colleague who has supported Br*ghton through the shit. All the others have started taken an interest since that eyesore on Falmer was made. More often than not their first team is Spurs or Liverpool.

Bet you had such an eyesore :p

Jim Cannon
11-10-2017, 05:55 PM
The only one I ever met was about 20 years ago. He attempted to take the piss, I said really? Where would you like me to start on Brighton? End of conversation, forever.

grand aigle
11-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Bet you had such an eyesore :p

?????

eagles #1
11-10-2017, 06:33 PM
I don't know any Brighton fans, thank God.

bestperch
11-10-2017, 06:54 PM
I work for a very large company. We had a director down recently to talk to us about changes they plan to make. I asked him about how changes to Saturdays would affect me watching football and he asked who I supported. When I said Palace he got all excited and told me he had a season ticket at Brighton, showing me photos of his seat, never mentioned the football and couldn't believe I went to away games.

thereichstuff
11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
I work for a very large company. We had a director down recently to talk to us about changes they plan to make. I asked him about how changes to Saturdays would affect me watching football and he asked who I supported. When I said Palace he got all excited and told me he had a season ticket at Brighton, showing me photos of his seat, never mentioned the football and couldn't believe I went to away games.

Very exciting all that padding :love:

matbha
11-10-2017, 07:53 PM
?????

Bet you wish you had such an eyesore

Urine Mattress
11-10-2017, 08:04 PM

Yes, quite common for Chelsea fans to have Palace as their fall back option when Chelsea are going through tough times. As is the phenomena of Brighton fans giving people stick for supporting two teams.

Another insightful, valued contribution from 'Swooping Gull'

mpfn
11-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Bet you wish you had such an eyesore

????

Bipe
12-10-2017, 06:11 AM
None at mine. One of my clients a few years ago had a season ticket at the Amex, but it turned out he was actually Tottenham.

I can replicate that, one of our Board members at work has identical credentials.

To my delight when our daughter started at our tiny local primary school in rural Lincolnshire back in 2006 I quickly discovered that the dad of one of the 12 other members of her class was a Seaweed in exile. It was revealed when he popped round our house to collect his daughter from an after school play session and almost retched when he saw my Palace memorabilia in the downstairs loo.

He's a good lad actually and we have kept the friendly animosity alive throughout the years, to be fair to him he's quite enjoying his brief moment in the sun at present.

thereichstuff
12-10-2017, 11:59 AM
I only ever knew one weed , he was a barman in a club I once used . Once he knew I was palace he wouldnt engage in conversation or maintain eye contact , he was a slippery shit stirrer by all accounts and I didn't get to know him that well which was fine by me .

Far East Eagle
12-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Knew one Brighton supporter. He got thrown out of the Tory Party for calling someone a p**i **** in a pub. Nasty piece of work he was.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
12-10-2017, 02:26 PM
I work in Crawley so we have a few Brighton and quite a few Palace in the office.

I sit next to a bloke called Bill who is half Chelsea / half Brighton. If one or the other wins he'll say, "we did well at the weekend" - and I have to ask him which rteam he is talking about :D

Ruskin Old Boy
12-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Long since retired but one of my former colleagues is a devout Brighton supporter. We both go back a very long way with our respective clubs and respect to the bloke he travels a long way for home games. Saw most of their matches at the Priestfield as well.

Still see him from time to time and despite our respective starts to the season he's looking forward to the first match between us even less than I am. The AJ hat trick and Wilf's two goals 4 years ago still give him nightmares :D

thereichstuff
12-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Long since retired but one of my former colleagues is a devout Brighton supporter. We both go back a very long way with our respective clubs and respect to the bloke he travels a long way for home games. Saw most of their matches at the Priestfield as well.

Still see him from time to time and despite our respective starts to the season he's looking forward to the first match between us even less than I am. The AJ hat trick and Wilf's two goals 4 years ago still give him nightmares :D

Sounds like mat ( one t ) .

relegatedeagle
13-10-2017, 06:41 AM
The trouble with this accusation is I can prove it to be bollocks as some posters on here have known me for over 40 years.You on the other hand are not known by any Brighton either on here or at matches except maybe Hitler.Lets face it you are a sad lonely individual who discovered football in 2011 like most of the Amex customers.

You I am pleased to say know nothing about me, on the other hand, I do know you have a son who posts on here, who did let the cat out of the bag and said sometime back that you were a Chelsea fan at heart.

jjeagle
13-10-2017, 01:46 PM
You I am pleased to say know nothing about me, on the other hand, I do know you have a son who posts on here, who did let the cat out of the bag and said sometime back that you were a Chelsea fan at heart.

Stalker alert kids

old git
13-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Christ you are proper mental.Stop sending PM's as well .I am not interested in your habits.

Coastal Palace
13-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Been working with a Brighton ST holder all this week in Brighton funnily enough. Genuinely nice man too. He wasn't bad either.
We exchanged pleasantries, ribbed each other, shared Palace/Brighton stories from bygone days and at the end of the working day today we shook hands and he wished The Palace well. You could tell that he was waiting for me to reciprocate....but I just couldn't do it. I just said 'come on you Palace.'
Smashing bloke but a Brighton **** nevertheless.

wigman
13-10-2017, 07:10 PM

I have read this accusation a few times over the years on here.
Are you able OG, to finally lay the rumor to bed ?

old git
13-10-2017, 07:38 PM
I have read this accusation a few times over the years on here.
Are you able OG, to finally lay the rumor to bed ?
I am just interested in when and why I would swap from Chelsea to Palace.:angel:

wigman
13-10-2017, 08:02 PM
I am just interested in when and why I would swap from Chelsea to Palace.:angel:

Many posters have cited this rumour over the years.
Still you will have the best of both worlds tomorrow.:p

old git
13-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Many posters have cited this rumour over the years.
Still you will have the best of both worlds tomorrow.:p

Yes and funnily enough they all support Brighton.
You can do your other team a favour by beating their city rivals on Sunday.
Plenty of YNWA being aired I would think.

wigman
13-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Yes and funnily enough they all support Brighton.
You can do your other team a favour by beating their city rivals on Sunday.
Plenty of YNWA being aired I would think.

I'm a one team man, 47 years and counting. :p

old git
13-10-2017, 08:17 PM

47? Is that all?

Coastal Palace
13-10-2017, 11:25 PM
A Brighton fan without a second club!
That's as likely as Chinese pandas successfully breeding in captivity.

Penstone Eagle
14-10-2017, 08:42 PM

Far too young to be living in East Preston.

redandblue
15-10-2017, 07:56 AM
We have one at work absolute top bloke takes more banter than he gives took my little one in when she was 5 introduced her to him a very nice man who supports Brighton he put his hand out and she stared at him and Sian's " I don't like Brighton they are dirty seashula who steal your chips"

thereichstuff
15-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Chatting about palace at work with a client who was palace when the conversation turned to Bwrighton. My labourer ( Iíve mentioned him earlier ) heard us mention them and piped up ď brightons a shithole ď we looked at him , nodded to each other with a wry smile , then carried on .

mpfn
15-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Chatting about palace at work with a client who was palace when the conversation turned to Bwrighton. My labourer ( Iíve mentioned him earlier ) heard us mention them and piped up ď brightons a shithole ď we looked at him , nodded to each other with a wry smile , then carried on .

Ain't that the truth.
Full of junkies/ beggars, and middle class hipsters :jerkit:

wigman
15-10-2017, 07:21 PM
Far too young to be living in East Preston.

It's the Malibu of West Sussex. :D

SJ'sLoveMonkey
15-10-2017, 07:22 PM

More like the White Lightning! :p

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 07:23 PM

And coke.

wigman
15-10-2017, 07:23 PM
More like the White Lightning! :p

Can you still buy that stuff ?

old git
15-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Wigman with the local talent.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EJ10XM/sun-city-az-july-1-residents-of-sun-city-retirement-community-participate-EJ10XM.jpg

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 07:25 PM

I believe you call it champagne round your way.
:supergrin:

wigman
15-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Wigman with the local talent.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EJ10XM/sun-city-az-july-1-residents-of-sun-city-retirement-community-participate-EJ10XM.jpg

Are they your pre match cheerleaders ?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
15-10-2017, 07:27 PM

I still try! :supergrin:

old git

Don't be silly now. Ours are lovely.

SJ'sLoveMonkey