PDA

View Full Version : CPFC v Everybody

Johnny Byrne
13-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Iím just sick of everyone belittling our club. The Mata 1% salary sacrifice to charity as ď the first PL player to do thisĒ shown in the media is good but it is the latest insult to one of our own, Wilf Zaha who has done this for years.

Our club might currently be seen as a laughing stock but our fans are better than those of most other clubs. We may well lose tomorrow to Chelsea but time to stand up and be counted.

We have had poor luck but fans stick by their club.

We will always be loud, proud and Palace.

Thefunkymonk
13-10-2017, 10:33 PM
To be fair we have lost 7 in a row without scoring... deserve having the piss taking out of

strawberry mivi
14-10-2017, 06:37 AM
I though giving a percentage of your income to charity was one of the tenents of Islam, so I imagine the practice is quite common for Muslim footballers.

jimmy the gent
14-10-2017, 07:43 AM
When you’ve been as shit on the pitch and in the boardroom as us you have to expect a little blowback

hdeagle
14-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Some Palace fans are no better than the media constantly sniping at the club and revelling in it.

For them to claim to be Palace fans is a joke and you are an insult to those who do support the club and get castigated for doing so.

COYP

ExiledStirling
14-10-2017, 08:38 AM
I though giving a percentage of your income to charity was one of the tenents of Islam, so I imagine the practice is quite common for Muslim footballers.
Think Mormons do the same or is it Jehovah witnesses or perhaps both?

Johnny Byrne
14-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Some Palace fans are no better than the media constantly sniping at the club and revelling in it.

For them to claim to be Palace fans is a joke and you are an insult to those who do support the club and get castigated for doing so.

COYP

Agreed

bigGcpfc
14-10-2017, 08:44 AM

COYP

We have 2 extremes here. The fans who can see we are up shit creek without a paddle and can't help voice their anger and frustrations about how this has been allowed to happen and then there is you.

hdeagle
14-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Lucky that some Palace fans are not prepared to throw the towel in after just 7 games with a very weakened team and can see that this is the reason for our current situation.

Please tell me any other side outside of the big six that would not struggle if they lost as many key players from their team as what Palace have for their opening 7 games.

COYP

bigGcpfc
14-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Lucky that some Palace fans are not prepared to throw the towel in after just 7 games with a very weakened team and can see that this is the reason for our current situation.

Please tell me any other side outside of the big six that would not struggle if they lost as many key players from their team as what Palace have for their opening 7 games.

COYP

Key players ? I can only think of Zaha. You can't include that useless lump Benteke who hadn't scored for at least 12 games prior to his injury. I'm struggling to think of anyone else who would make much of a difference.

sw16girl
14-10-2017, 09:24 AM

COYP

I think you are right but the point is we are not struggling at the moment we are worse than that. Now that is not being anti-Palace - it is accepting facts rather than putting fingers in the ears and going lah-lah-lah very loudly. Things could improve when people are back from injury but that is not certain. We have not acquired the record of the worst start ever in the top flight in nearly 150 years because we are "struggling" and I am not sure that the return of Zaha will cure all our ills although I hope it will provide a welcome boost to morale and may provide just the push we need to move on. I( also do not see the "very weakened" team you refer to - yes it is weakened by injuries - every team is, but it is not as bad as it could be.

As it happens Everton have a lot of key injuries as well and they are struggling. Huddersfield have had a lot of injuries and are not struggling at all, Watford likewise. So I guess it depends really. However I think it is fair to say that only having one fit forward at the beginning of the season was unwise as if that one forward is injured then it is going to be a bigger problem than if we had back up. It is difficult to call that unlucky under any circumstances.

It is possible to support the club and be realistic about our current position without moaning or getting hysterical and saying we are down. So please stop giving it the "I am a better fan than you because I ignore realities and pretend things are better than they are" rubbish. It means people do not listen to your often valid points either.

bigGcpfc
14-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Iím just sick of everyone belittling our club. The Mata 1% salary sacrifice to charity as ď the first PL player to do thisĒ shown in the media is good but it is the latest insult to one of our own, Wilf Zaha who has done this for years.

Our club might currently be seen as a laughing stock but our fans are better than those of most other clubs. We may well lose tomorrow to Chelsea but time to stand up and be counted.

We have had poor luck but fans stick by their club.

We will always be loud, proud and Palace.

Agree we need to stand by our club but don't you think the belittling is deserved ?

Johnny Byrne
14-10-2017, 10:12 AM
BigG - fair point. Players need to deliver beyond the white line. However, I canít recall a period since the late 60ís of wretched luck weíve endured on top of some awful (and a precious few good) performances. Weíre due some good luck soon. Players though have to create the good luck!

COYP

TheMexicanHorse
14-10-2017, 10:20 AM

COYP

Enjoy the game, Brighty.

Buglebob
14-10-2017, 10:38 AM
We have 2 extremes here. The fans who can see we are up shit creek without a paddle and can't help voice their anger and frustrations about how this has been allowed to happen and then there is you.

We have two extremes here. The fans who are prepared to get behind the team and show a bit of fight and those that prefer to whine all day long.

Hal Low
14-10-2017, 10:45 AM
- it is accepting facts rather than putting fingers in the ears and going lah-lah-lah very loudly.

I ignore realities and pretend things are better than they are" rubbish.

If you were proper Palace you'd know that these are essential attributes, not "rubbish".

Anyway - the tone on the BBS will be very different after we beat Chelsea today.

bigGcpfc
14-10-2017, 10:49 AM
If you were proper Palace you'd know that these are essential attributes, not "rubbish".

Anyway - the tone on the BBS will be very different after we beat Chelsea today.

Beat Chelsea ? Your optimism exceeds our talents !!!

sw16girl
14-10-2017, 11:02 AM
Beat Chelsea ? Your optimism exceeds our talents !!!

You have to admire it though and I see his point - if you support Palace you either have to be an optimist or miserable for a lot of the time. The only benefit of my realistic view of our position is that I'm third in the prediction league - it's not a great consolation!

Thefunkymonk
14-10-2017, 11:26 AM

COYP

Nobody is being castigated for supporting the club. Youíre an overly positive (border line delusional on occasions) poster and you get stick for your odd clearly blinkered posts. Hats off to you for your positivity.
We are shit, thatís fact. Iím not revelling in it donít think many are...merely commenting on the state of affairs. Iíll be there again today supporting my team... still think we are shit and deserve to be laughed at

sylvan eagle
14-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Keep the faith Palace fans everywhere

beef
14-10-2017, 11:45 AM
I find it funny that I have work colleagues who now 'don't like Palace' because we changed manager so early on. I enjoy telling them that I've never liked Man Utd, or Liverpool, or Tottenham, or Arsenal.....

Neckinger Eagle
14-10-2017, 11:54 AM

If anybody was entitled to call themselves 'proper Palace' it's sw16girl.

danpalace07
14-10-2017, 12:42 PM
**** em all

dowieslovechild
14-10-2017, 01:31 PM

:lux::lux:

It's admirable to be seen to be getting behind the team, then there's hdeagle overkill, laughable, predictable drivel.

Hal Low
14-10-2017, 08:42 PM
If anybody was entitled to call themselves 'proper Palace' it's sw16girl.

There's proper and there's pwoper and even pwroper

hdeagle
14-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Amazing how quickly the moaners are suddenly absent on the BBS and that is because they have nothing to moan about as Palace beating Chelsea again is a stunning way to kick-start our season.

Onwards and upwards

COYP

sw16girl
15-10-2017, 08:45 AM
They were probably all out getting trollied. Lots more posts on the boards than normally. Just enjoy the win unsullied by a wish to have a pop at other fans.

jaspercpfc
15-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Nobody is being castigated for supporting the club. You’re an overly positive (border line delusional on occasions) poster and you get stick for your odd clearly blinkered posts. Hats off to you for your positivity.
We are shit, that’s fact. I’m not revelling in it don’t think many are...merely commenting on the state of affairs. I’ll be there again today supporting my team... still think we are shit and deserve to be laughed at

Most Palace fans you meet are generally pessimistic (there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that either) We often excel as a club when the shit hits the fan so to speak.

Amazing how quickly the moaners are suddenly absent on the BBS and that is because they have nothing to moan about as Palace beating Chelsea again is a stunning way to kick-start our season.

Onwards and upwards

COYP

I'm sorry but much of the criticsm aimed at individuals and the club has been rightly justified and vindicated. One win is exactly that, no more no less. It was a fine win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It gives us a platform but I still found it alarming how under prepared we have been since our return in 2013 and that needs addressing along with our strength in depth.

Thefunkymonk
15-10-2017, 02:14 PM
They were probably all out getting trollied. Lots more posts on the boards than normally. Just enjoy the win unsullied by a wish to have a pop at other fans.

Yep! Plus that fact that everyone is bloody over the moon from yesterday

Se9 eagles
15-10-2017, 03:18 PM
They ain't laughing at us now are they?:lux:

jaspercpfc
25-10-2017, 01:57 PM
They ain't laughing at us now are they?:lux:

This post hasn't aged well in 10 days has it