PDA

View Full Version : We've got our Palace back.

Wolfnipplechips
14-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Everything about today just felt right.

Against the odds, sticking it to the plastic wide boys, Zaha and Speroni back.

A dignified manager, the whole team scrapping for every ball.

The crowd behind the team for 95 minutes.

This is what makes us Palace, forget your 3 4 3, your fan zone and your megastore.

We're Crystal Palace......and we're taking the piss.

MFBias
14-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Anything to do with winning?

Wolfnipplechips
14-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Anything to do with winning?

Possibly.:D

And two enormous vodka martinis.

But tell me I'm wrong.

Salad_Burnet
14-10-2017, 06:02 PM
We've got our premiership franchise back, more like.

Palace are currently playing in another universe and still haven't scored!

Jim Cannon
14-10-2017, 06:03 PM
International break helped us. Not many call ups so time for the gaffer to get to work. We didn't look remotely like a team that had lost 7 on the bounce, we looked decent right from the off. Great to have Wilf back and the media can give us a break for a week at least. Happy days

Tony Montana
14-10-2017, 06:03 PM
So, after all that, Parish isn't a ****, we haven't wasted all our premier league money without a thought for infrastructure, we haven't appointed a director of football with no prior experience, Bright isn't Parishes puppet, Woy isn't a decrepit past it failure, the De Boer incident wasn't an embarrassing debacle, something isn't rotten at the club, there isn't an alarming lack of togetherness/spirit within the palace support, the beer don't taste like shit, the disabled facilities arnt a disgrace to the human race, the fanzone isn't a waste of money.

After all that, we are in actual fact a special club, unique, like no other in world football. love the rollercoaster, always positive not like the big boys.

Hmmmm

Slimbloke'H'
14-10-2017, 06:06 PM
We've got our premiership franchise back, more like...

Give it a rest, FFS!

NorthPalace23
14-10-2017, 06:08 PM
All this crap about evolving our playing style to some crap formation and style which didn't suit our players was a load of ******* shite!

**** off De Fraud!

This style suits us best. Generally defensive. Counter attacking. Tough tackles. In the faces of our opponents. Less possesion but making the most of our chances. Fully commited players working their bollocks off.

jaspercpfc
14-10-2017, 06:10 PM
This was talked about this a few weeks ago but our DNA for me has always been pressing teams, being direct whilst being physical and built on pace and power.

When you talk about the DNA of CPFC I can only go as far back as 88' but I think many harp back to the Coppell era. We were never fashionable, we seldom got any praise from the media but the whole club was built on unity and a togetherness. Many of the squad grew together, and many of the players had a point to prove. We were exactly that today. Question marks have been quite rightly raised over certain individuals in the current squad, but things clicked and seeing Speroni back between the sticks felt right. I'm not saying he's the long term answer, far from it but he is everything this club epitomises.

Yohan and Luka were superb together breaking up play. Our heady days back in the late 80's early 90's generally consisted of a solid foundation and although defensively our current team we have much to improve on, today was significantly improved and positionally very good. We did the simple things extremely well which is something we've continually struggled at and we looked comfortable in position. Kudos to Roy based on today we looked resolute and played to our strengths and defensively held a tight line with players well marshalled.

If you look at the luxury players we've had in the last 20 years, very few have really ever blossomed and many have ever managed to establish themselves, with the club primarily excelling with industrious workman like individuals. (Lombardo/Jansen being notable exceptions) The game has evolved since that time but I would always associate us as an “up them and at them kinda team”

As football fans too many are too precious or sentimental, but for us we rekindled our DNA today and looked deadly despite not playing with a recognised striker.

Jim Cannon
14-10-2017, 06:11 PM
All this crap about evolving our playing style to some crap formation and style which didn't suit our players was a load of ******* shite!

**** off De Fraud!

This style suits us best. Generally defensive. Counter attacking. Tough tackles. In the faces of our opponents. Less possesion but making the most of our chances. Fully commited players working their bollocks off.

Coaches will scoff that fans never know what they are talking about, but you know what, sometimes not ******* about with things that work is the best option.

Thefunkymonk
14-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Proper performance. Loved it

charltonhater
14-10-2017, 06:27 PM

This is what makes us Palace, forget your 3 4 3, your fan zone and your megastore.

Buddy, I agree

art malice
14-10-2017, 06:30 PM

:lux:

Al From Bromley
14-10-2017, 06:31 PM
I was saying on the way back from the game that was typical palace. It is what supporting them is, and has always been, all about. Down and out, written off, laughed at, ridiculed, derided etc. etc. for their woeful start to the season then they come out and give as good a performance as you'll see against Chelsea all season. Amazing what a couple of weeks off to come up with a system that suits the players can do. Long may it continues.

JDawg
14-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Where has that sort of performance been all season?

Massive ratings to Roy and Ray. They used the international break well.
It feels like a corner may have been turned although this would only be confirmed if we get something from Newcastle

greybot
14-10-2017, 06:32 PM
You win. Everything is great.
You lose a few in a row. Everything is shit.

If we could play like we did today and like we did v Liverpool and CHelsea away last season as well as Arsenal at home against teams in the bottom half of the table, it would be much less stressful.

917L
14-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Think the OP has it spot on

Today felt like Palace, everything before was just some footballers wearing our shirts

scissors10
14-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Absolutely fantastic team performance today that was a game of old school hard work & lots of lovely one touch passing long may it continue would love to see a performance like that against the so called lesser teams then we can truly say we will be alright

Tony Montana
22-10-2017, 06:53 AM
So, after yesterday's result Parish is again a ****, we have no infrastructure, we should have brought a striker, something is rotten, the fans are disjointed and we are not special and unique. We haven't got our palace back unless we beat Wham at home.

eagleincroydon
22-10-2017, 08:16 AM

**** off De Fraud!

agree

eaglejez
22-10-2017, 09:59 AM
yesterday was very Palace :):(

Nostrils
22-10-2017, 10:10 AM
They were all committed and for the most part, the better team. In the light of day, there's still something to build on. We may have lost, but it wasn't anywhere close to Pardew/Allardyce/deBoer (for more recent comparison) losses where we looked out of our depth. There was nothing to be ashamed of, just a huge disappointment we don't have a striker available.

MFBias
22-10-2017, 10:22 AM
It's Palace when we win, team spirit and the ghosts of Jedinak.

When we lose it's a disgrace and pathetic and all because of the toxic microdicks.

No grey area.

Mr Palace
22-10-2017, 10:24 AM
There is no grey area as this bunch loses virtually every game they play. They are paid incredibly yet many can't do the basics sadly.

gilesy14
22-10-2017, 10:29 AM
We haven’t scored in 12 of our last 14 games. But yeah. We’re being too negative...

MFBias
22-10-2017, 08:24 PM
There is no grey area as this bunch loses virtually every game they play. They are paid incredibly yet many can't do the basics sadly.

I thought the basics were done quite well against Newcastle.

Mr Palace
22-10-2017, 09:03 PM
I thought the basics were done quite well against Newcastle.

Is goalscoring not one of the fundamental basics?

But saying that, we did defend well and also I ept the ball well at times. We just had no cutting edge again. And our defence isn't ever going to be good enough to guarantee clean sheets.

rambo1
22-10-2017, 09:23 PM
They were all committed and for the most part, the better team. In the light of day, there's still something to build on. We may have lost, but it wasn't anywhere close to Pardew/Allardyce/deBoer (for more recent comparison) losses where we looked out of our depth. There was nothing to be ashamed of, just a huge disappointment we don't have a striker available.

Absolutely.
Don't Get to Down-Hearted,after a Defeat,or to Excited after a Victory.
Its a Long-Season &,we won't be Relegated.

rambo1
22-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Is goalscoring not one of the fundamental basics?

But saying that, we did defend well and also I ept the ball well at times. We just had no cutting edge again. And our defence isn't ever going to be good enough to guarantee clean sheets.

Keeping a Clean Sheet,is the Fundamental Basic,that way you Pick-up,
at Least a Point & 1 Goal would secure a Victory.

DARZET EAGLE
22-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Absolutely.
Don't Get to Down-Hearted,after a Defeat,or to Excited after a Victory.
Its a Long-Season &,we won't be Relegated.

That's the spirit Rambo.

MFBias
23-10-2017, 11:16 AM
We did the basics better than any other game apart from Chelsea and maybe Liverpool this season. Do you remember how bad it was under de Boer?

Mr Palace
23-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Keeping a Clean Sheet,is the Fundamental Basic,that way you Pick-up,
at Least a Point & 1 Goal would secure a Victory.

We haven't kept a clean sheet all season though, or had you not noticed?

It's very hard to keep clean sheets in this league. Saturday was a classic example where we set up defensively for a point and it backfired. That game was there for the taking.

At least we are looking more solid though. The question is whether we can score enough goals. Everything suggests not at this point but hopefully it will change.

Mr Palace
23-10-2017, 11:29 AM
We did the basics better than any other game apart from Chelsea and maybe Liverpool this season. Do you remember how bad it was under de Boer?

We're definitely moving in the right direction. It was horrendous under FDB - a complete car crash. This reminds me of when Sam solidified things although there were some bumps in the road. I think Hodgson is doing ok - I'd like to see him be braver in games like Saturday but I can see why he wants to do everything to ensure we don't lose games first of all. This team with benteke back and firing on all cylinders will be a much better one.