PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea fans

Se9 eagles
15-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Just been looking at one of their forums.One bloke 'fearful' when he heard the noise before kick off on the radio,another 'afraid' of Wilf and some saying they were becoming our 'bitches'!What a load of:jerkit:sCOYP:lux:

Winny
15-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Chelsea fans are pricks, end off!

917L
15-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Their support was pathetic yesterday

wedgetail
15-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Its their smell that annoys me.

Reg_Maudling
15-10-2017, 09:29 AM
you don't and won't get atmospheres like that at stamford bridge any more

Pikie Punisher
15-10-2017, 09:29 AM

https://youtu.be/1Z4xtp-a0Lc

https://youtu.be/auX-HKPceVk

Golf Boy
15-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Their support was pathetic yesterday

They were quite loud on the telly

thereichstuff
15-10-2017, 09:35 AM
Has that Chelsea/bwighton fan posted anything yet ?

eaglejez
15-10-2017, 09:36 AM
those fans have had some tough times in the last few years. you have to feel for them

M3 Eagle
15-10-2017, 09:59 AM
They seem to have forgotten they "lost to Crystal Palace" last season too. And the season before that. Jokers.

Nth Kent Eagle
15-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Normally their away fans are quite loud but they were definitely more subdued yesterday. At least we didn't have to listen to 20 non-stop minute of "we're top of the league".

Yoda
15-10-2017, 10:17 AM
I looked at one of their forums last night, for entertainment value.

Before the match there was quite a bit of swagging arrogance about the predictable win, although a few did say we can be a bogey team for them...and it was funny when one guy said later that they’ve become our bitch!

Some did say Zaha only plays well against them....I’d like to know how many other Palace matches they ever watch in order to make that statement? As we’re not in the Champions League, I should imagine most Chelsea fans never watch Palace.

What did make me laugh was the number who accused their board of incompetence because they don’t have strength in depth! They have an enormous squad and have backed successive managers...surely you blame the manager if he hasn’t got the right mix.

And what about the massive stadium plans that they have, including knocking down stands that we’d be happy to have. And yet they’re slagging off their board!

jhc
15-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Those were really funny:supergrin:

Sodermalm
15-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Wanker doing the interviews didn't even go to the game but just turned up outside afterwards.

Bloke on 2nd one slagged off Fabregas who was quality.

redeyed
15-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Those were really funny:supergrin:

ArsenalFanTV mk 2.0 :lux:

CP-RJW
15-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Before the match there was quite a bit of swagging arrogance about the predictable win, although a few did say we can be a bogey team for them...and it was funny when one guy said later that they’ve become our bitch!

Some did say Zaha only plays well against them....I’d like to know how many other Palace matches they ever watch in order to make that statement? As we’re not in the Champions League, I should imagine most Chelsea fans never watch Palace.

What did make me laugh was the number who accused their board of incompetence because they don’t have strength in depth! They have an enormous squad and have backed successive managers...surely you blame the manager if he hasn’t got the right mix.

And what about the massive stadium plans that they have, including knocking down stands that we’d be happy to have. And yet they’re slagging off their board!
All I saw was them going on about how it was our cup final whenever we play Chelsea, and how Zaha only ever turns up against them. Personal favorite was the bloke who said that Wilf had done nothing in the the past two months yet finally decided to turn up against them :D

PoshPalace
15-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Had to laugh at the chubby little kid in full away kit pulling his shorts out of his arse crack at 3.35 on that second video. [emoji23]

jimmy the gent
15-10-2017, 11:21 AM
I always find that most proper chelsea fans i speak to seem to quite like palace, and generally give us credit when we do them. I find their real support (by which i mean the ones who were going when they were shit) to be the least deluded and up their own arse of the big sides. More so than Spurs, Arsenal and United anyway.

TheCharmer1
15-10-2017, 11:24 AM
I thought their defenders were terrified of wilf

MFBias
15-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Walking to the ground yesterday, there was this group of about 7 who I saw who stuck out walking behind me. I could tell they were Chelsea fans by the way they dress before they started talking, all sharp looking wankers with side partings and short sides with a Ben Sherman look (modern version as I dont think people wear it these days but similar shit pink shirts and waist lenght zip up jackets) its obviously Chelsea is part of their apparel, as just a 'fashionable' club.

hdeagle
15-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Many of Chelsea's original fanbase have been priced out of watching them play and they have been replaced by JCL's and tourists who can afford it.

Stamford Bridge is a library compared to Selhurst Park in spite of their success and Palace fans in recent years have really enjoyed showing them up.

dave_who_ru
15-10-2017, 11:39 AM

Matching some of the hysterics on this board sometimes.

Two weeks ago they beat Atletico Madrid away and it was their best performance ever.

Plus they have more players out on loan than we have at our club. And can quite happily tell a 20 goal a season man (Costa) that he is not needed.

CP-RJW
15-10-2017, 11:42 AM
I thought their defenders were terrified of wilf
Which defenders aren't? Most just kick Wilf all game though, yet Chelsea were too soft to do even that. Seems like they're losing the nasty streak they had under Mourinho.

Pikie Punisher
15-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Had to laugh at the chubby little kid in full away kit pulling his shorts out of his arse crack at 3.35 on that second video. [emoji23]

:D Glad to see the Arfur bogs are on form, no toilet paper.

16eagles
15-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Please can we never do a PALACE FAN TV just please.

AJ
15-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Interesting to hear Chelsea fans slag off Batishuyu, I am glad we were of assistance in pushing up the price tag :)

Icy
15-10-2017, 02:39 PM
I didn't realise there were any Chelsea supporters there until I saw a full kit wanker after the game. Unconfirmed rumours it may have been John Terry

red&blue_moomin
15-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Please can we never do a PALACE FAN TV just please.

errrrrrrrr

Lombardo's hair
15-10-2017, 04:43 PM

They have so many quality players out on loan it's scandalous. Why not keep Tammy Abraham or RLC? No they are English. Not good enough. Serves them right. Anyway the team they had out yesterday cost a bloody fortune!!! Chelsea entitlement

spt1978
15-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Used to have a great away fans, guess those days have gone.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
15-10-2017, 04:55 PM
shit***** the lot of them

adman50
15-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Walking up past Emek before the game and a coach of Chinese fans came off the bus must have been about 30 in total including the guide waving an umbrella.

Fancy coming all that way to get beat by the bottom team in the league hahaha

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 05:00 PM
They're a wankers club for wankers.
Always have been.

sw16girl
15-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Used to have a great away fans, guess those days have gone.

I was walking to the ground behind a couple - a lot of complaining about how difficult it is for genuine fans who want to get to away games to get tickets and the fact it was a closed shop - I suspect that is right - a lot of tickets to tourists some more in hospitality, a reasonable number to the supporters club type fans who have been going for years but probably aren't the loudest or most agile any more and then there would be precious few left.

Neither of them were wearing any kind of colours and I had a feeling they were going to go incognito in our part of the ground because they were saying it was the only time this season they were going to be able to get to see an away game.

Crofty
15-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Walking up past Emek before the game and a coach of Chinese fans came off the bus must have been about 30 in total including the guide waving an umbrella.

He He:jerkit::love:

MFBias
15-10-2017, 05:53 PM
I was walking to the ground behind a couple - a lot of complaining about how difficult it is for genuine fans who want to get to away games to get tickets and the fact it was a closed shop - I suspect that is right - a lot of tickets to tourists some more in hospitality, a reasonable number to the supporters club type fans who have been going for years but probably aren't the loudest or most agile any more and then there would be precious few left.

Neither of them were wearing any kind of colours and I had a feeling they were going to go incognito in our part of the ground because they were saying it was the only time this season they were going to be able to get to see an away game.

There was a Chelsea fan behind us, who was motionless and looked in great pain, I wanted to wind him up but resisted, it was enough just to bounce up and down singing 'we follow' in front of him haha, I have no sympathy if you support top clubs...

917L
15-10-2017, 06:29 PM

Well they were almost silent in the ground, (when they actually sang) and that's from the middle of the AW

Reg_Maudling
15-10-2017, 06:42 PM
I don't call them a 'top' or 'better' club just one of the richest clubs

Mr Bo Jangles
15-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Hated the club and their fans since the '76 cup game. Are, and will always be my most hated team since that match. Not sure what it is about Chelsea in particular but just find their fans so arrogant.

RazorsEdge
15-10-2017, 06:46 PM

I think Man city is way richer than Chelsea

CP-RJW
15-10-2017, 06:52 PM
My thoughts on Real Madrid, Barca, Man Ure, Bayern :p

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 06:56 PM
I think it was about 1985 when we played them at home and they brought on a sub called Paul Cannoville.
It was his debut for them.

Bananas were thrown on the pitch and then came the monkey chants. From his own so called fans.
We were all dumbfounded.

Scum club. Scum fans.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
15-10-2017, 07:05 PM
There was a Chelsea fan behind us, who was motionless and looked in great pain, I wanted to wind him up but resisted, it was enough just to bounce up and down singing 'we follow' in front of him haha, I have no sympathy if you support top clubs... I had one next to me. We gave up a season ticket a couple of seasons ago so it's an odd seat in a row of about 10 of us and always interesting to see who is in it :)

When he didn't join in any of the pre-match buildup and instead started texting on his phone it was quite obvious.

Let's just say that he didn't appear for the second half :D

dim
15-10-2017, 07:08 PM
http://www.goaldentimes.org/overcoming-the-clutches-of-racism-the-paul-canoville-story/

A terribly disturbing read, the poor bloke:

“I got really angry and I turned around, and that’s when I was really shocked. Because it wasn’t the Crystal Palace fans, it was my own fans. I couldn’t believe that – my own fans? They don’t even know me.”
As Canoville prepared to enter the fray, a chorus of “We don’t need the n****r”

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 07:19 PM
http://www.goaldentimes.org/overcoming-the-clutches-of-racism-the-paul-canoville-story/

“I got really angry and I turned around, and that’s when I was really shocked. Because it wasn’t the Crystal Palace fans, it was my own fans. I couldn’t believe that – my own fans? They don’t even know me.”
That is what is was like.
Like I said, they are a vile club.

Palace Dan
15-10-2017, 07:19 PM

Power to the man for proving those idiots wrong and creating a good football career for himself - :lux:

cockles
15-10-2017, 07:29 PM
I think it was about 1985 when we played them at home and they brought on a sub called Paul Cannoville.

Bananas were thrown on the pitch and then came the monkey chants. From his own so called fans.
We were all dumbfounded.

Scum club. Scum fans.

Pretty much the same thing in 91/92 or so with Ken Monkou. Maybe most of those perpetrators now live in Hastings or somewhere and 'never make a game'.

There was also the throwing of pork sausages at Spurs fans. I expect they've stopped that by now for obvious reasons.

Coastal Palace
15-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Pretty much the same thing in 91/92 or so with Ken Monkou. Maybe most of those perpetrators now live in Hastings or somewhere and 'never make a game'.

There was also the throwing of pork sausages at Spurs fans. I expect they've stopped that by now for obvious reasons.

They're just scum.

jeffers1960
15-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Loads of chelsea so called "directors" in the main stand yesterday that weren't happy when Palace fans were standing up in the second half when we either nearly scored and at the final whistle ... who do they think they are coming to OUR ground and trying to tell Palace fans to sit down ??? Hello .. go and sit with your own fans in the Arthur if you don't fancy a bit of noise at your opponents home ground :rolleyes::S:... needless to say they got both barrels at full time :D

Salad_Burnet
15-10-2017, 09:11 PM
I liked how the Chelsea kid in the half time challenge was called Perry (or was it Alfie?). I thought, now there's a Chelsea-chav kids name if ever there was one.

Saying that, there was a Chelsea fan next to me. It was quite disappointing how he didn't fit the Chelsea stereotype in the slightest. He was basically a ginger, middle-class, six footer.

Bryan
15-10-2017, 09:35 PM
I liked how the Chelsea kid in the half time challenge was called Perry (or was it Alfie?). I thought, now there's a Chelsea-chav kids name if ever there was one.

Saying that, there was a Chelsea fan next to me. It was quite disappointing how he didn't fit the Chelsea stereotype in the slightest. He was basically a ginger, middle-class, six footer.

You obviously don’t live near Chiswick or Richmond

Yoda
15-10-2017, 09:48 PM

We were all dumbfounded.

Scum club. Scum fans.

That was my first match at Selhurst Park and the shocked, critical reaction of the Palace fans around me endeared me to them from then on.

It was incidents like this and the violence that had become habitual amongst some Chelsea fans that forced Ken Bates into taking action. They had to ‘cleanse’ the worst elements from their club, and pricing them out was part of that process.

If they hadn’t, then the big corporate money wasn’t going to come to them.

Chelsea gradually became a product/brand.

Abramovitch continues to chase the tourist pounds. More money, far less trouble.

Nth Kent Eagle
15-10-2017, 09:57 PM
There are still plenty of old skool Cheksea left but they're steadily becoming more corporate and losing their soul. Still plenty of younger morons as well as aging hard men though. It's just their young morons come from suburbia and the Home Counties whilst the old skool thugs came from Stockwell, Hayes (Middlesex) and Battersea.

adrenalin john
15-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Chelsea, along with West Ham, were always the most racist London club. A Chelsea supporting colleague of mine (season ticket holder and watched them for 50 plus years) told me a story of how he was beaten up by other Chelsea fans when talking about a game they won, because apparently they only drew the game in discussion as one of their goals was scored by a black player and therefore didn't count...

jimmy the gent
15-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Hope they weren't the mini-ones with a toothpic through the middle. Could have someone's eye out with one of those.

Pikie Punisher
15-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Hope they weren't the mini-ones with a toothpic through the middle. Could have someone's eye out with one of those.

One just missed me at Old Trafford, it had cheese and pineapple on it!

Selhurst Flyer
15-10-2017, 10:15 PM
I think Man city is way richer than Chelsea

They are both just rich boys. Look at the 89 division 2 table. Christ we went on to beat Blackburn in the play offs, even they went on to buy the title..

Yoda
15-10-2017, 11:13 PM
There are still plenty of old skool Cheksea left but they're steadily becoming more corporate and losing their soul. Still plenty of younger morons as well as aging hard men though. It's just their young morons come from suburbia and the Home Counties whilst the old skool thugs came from Stockwell, Hayes (Middlesex) and Battersea.

Back in the 70s/80s, many Chelsea fans came from out the area too. Some I knew travelled in from your county, Kent, including middle class places such as Tunbridge Wells.

The posher local residents of Chelsea back then tended to consider the club a nuisance they didn’t want to be associated with, hardly surprising given the fighting in their streets and the occasional damage to their cars. It was an embarrassment.

Residents of the wealthy areas of Parsons Green, Fulham, Barnes etc who wanted to support a team were often happier to go to Fulham. Generally speaking, Fulham was viewed as a more family-friendly acceptable face of football.

I don’t live over there now, but I expect that now Chelsea has become a safer ground to visit, the younger locals are probably more drawn to them and their Prem League product.

Purepalace
15-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Walking to the ground yesterday, there was this group of about 7 who I saw who stuck out walking behind me. I could tell they were Chelsea fans by the way they dress before they started talking, all sharp looking wankers with side partings and short sides with a Ben Sherman look (modern version as I dont think people wear it these days but similar shit pink shirts and waist lenght zip up jackets) its obviously Chelsea is part of their apparel, as just a 'fashionable' club.

And, what did they say after you pointed all that out?

TheMexicanHorse
16-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Scaff scum basically

Se9 eagles
16-10-2017, 05:58 AM
Scaff scum basically

But very,very tasty back in the day.The cup win there in '76 was one of the scariest games I've been to........

Penshaw Eagle
16-10-2017, 06:55 AM

Tv editor will up the level of the microphone by the away fans and fade down the ones in the home stands.

*CPFC*
16-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Amazing to read the first page of their thread on the Palace Match on their forum - first three comments -

"They are complete and absolutely hopeless at the mo",

"Palace ore the worst team in this league, so this team should easily be good enough for the win."

"I hope we stick five on this joke of a club! "

Got to laugh!!

Yoda
16-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Amazing to read the first page of their thread on the Palace Match on their forum - first three comments -

"They are complete and absolutely hopeless at the mo",

"Palace ore the worst team in this league, so this team should easily be good enough for the win."

"I hope we stick five on this joke of a club! "

Got to laugh!!

TBF, we have been the worst team in the league.

And having no recognised striker in our team would give the opposition belief that we were unlikely to break our duck.

Complacency by Chelsea versus hard work on the training pitch by us probably contributed to our win.

Bubble Wrap
16-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Think we have our fair share. See a few trying to kick off with Chelsea fans after the game.

IanH
16-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Chelsea, along with West Ham, were always the most racist London club. A Chelsea supporting colleague of mine (season ticket holder and watched them for 50 plus years) told me a story of how he was beaten up by other Chelsea fans when talking about a game they won, because apparently they only drew the game in discussion as one of their goals was scored by a black player and therefore didn't count...

Chelsea were, West Ham weren’t. I remember Chelsea bringing Paul Canonville on as a sub at Palace and the dogs abuse he got from the whole ground (Chelsea were going for promotion and had something like 18,000 out of a 20,00 crowd). Felt really sorry for him. We went in the away end that day as it was the safest place in the ground for Palace fans! West Ham had loads of black supporters in the early 80’s - I recall the 84 FA Cup game when a lot of them got into the Arthur Wait terracing - loads of them were black.

Celestial Empire
16-10-2017, 11:12 AM

Pork sausages too expensive these days ? ;)

Dave McGregor
16-10-2017, 11:35 AM
We had 3 next to us in the main stand. I knew they were Chelsea as one of them said "they've got Speroni in goal". They left at half time and didn't come back!

Bubble Wrap
16-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Chelsea were, West Ham weren’t. I remember Chelsea bringing Paul Canonville on as a sub at Palace and the dogs abuse he got from the whole ground (Chelsea were going for promotion and had something like 18,000 out of a 20,00 crowd). Felt really sorry for him. We went in the away end that day as it was the safest place in the ground for Palace fans! West Ham had loads of black supporters in the early 80’s - I recall the 84 FA Cup game when a lot of them got into the Arthur Wait terracing - loads of them were black.

I don't think they did, The ICF and Under 5's were mainly white. It was the under 5's that came in the Arthur and as soon as the ref blew to start the match it went off. Cannot recall any black faces and i was right in among'st their lot that day. Luton used to have a lot of Black and Asian fans can remember a huge battle with them at an away game. So glad its not like that anymore.

Se9 eagles
16-10-2017, 02:27 PM
I don't think they did, The ICF and Under 5's were mainly white. It was the under 5's that came in the Arthur and as soon as the ref blew to start the match it went off. Cannot recall any black faces and i was right in among'st their lot that day. Luton used to have a lot of Black and Asian fans can remember a huge battle with them at an away game. So glad its not like that anymore.

Cas Pennant,one of the top boys in the ICF,was black and a right lump.He was interviewed on The Real Football Factories and said there were a few black lads in their firm and race wasn't an issue.....

thereichstuff
16-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Cas Pennant,one of the top boys in the ICF,was black and a right lump.He was interviewed on The Real Football Factories and said there were a few black lads in their firm and race wasn't an issue.....

Penge bloke :p

Yoda
16-10-2017, 04:20 PM

And there were black lads in amongst the Chelsea thugs.

Bizarre, and just demonstrates how little logic there was in some of their actions. Exceptions were made for lads they considered to be part of their group...I hate to think what they had to do to prove themselves.

Scrumpy
16-10-2017, 04:23 PM
I had one behind me in Block D. Didn't celebrate any goals and had a face like a slapped arse all match

Harry Bassett
16-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Chelsea were well supported that day but your figures are extreme ( to make a point ?) no way were we outnumbered nine to one. Chelsea made the noise because of their position in the league but it was much more memorable because of the Cannoville incident.

Reg_Maudling
16-10-2017, 04:41 PM
No doubt those chels fans would badly miss their proper football experience at selhurst if we are relegated whenever that will be

Reg_Maudling
16-10-2017, 04:44 PM
I was neutral about Conte but he went down in my estimation as he hadn't a word of praise for how we played and moaned about sakho's tackle on Willian being a foul before our second goal
Also cahill saying our first goal was fortunate but forgetting to add he couldn't keep up with Zaha or even stay standing at times

SE5eagle
16-10-2017, 04:49 PM
Yerp, Cahill is a tool.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
16-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Cahill is an overrated donkey, who gives a wank what he says or thinks?

Uncle Neal
16-10-2017, 05:19 PM
A large proportion of footballers are morons and Cahill is typical.

Would it kill any of them to say they lost to the better team?

As for the Canoville game, I was there and Chelsum had the corner of the Holmesdale and no more than 3k.

The abuse was incredible and I have never seen the like for your own player since.

redandblue
16-10-2017, 05:30 PM
We had a little shift round of seats this week and lady I sit next moved and sat next to a friend in his 11 year old daughters seat she got hit in the gob by puns coin thrown from the away end

Reg_Maudling
16-10-2017, 05:34 PM
We had a little shift round of seats this week and lady I sit next moved and sat next to a friend in his 11 year old daughters seat she got hit in the gob by puns coin thrown from the away end

Should report this there may be video footage

Mike Elwiss
16-10-2017, 06:14 PM
I didn't think Chelsea played that badly , more of a case that we were so good.

CP-RJW
16-10-2017, 06:28 PM
I didn't think Chelsea played that badly , more of a case that we were so good.
We deserved to win by 2 or 3, that performance was good enough to compete with and even beat Chelsea on a normal day but to genuinely dominate them, they had to be below par.

Spindle
16-10-2017, 08:53 PM

Ha ha ha would've loved to see that

Blind_Eagle
16-10-2017, 10:40 PM
But very,very tasty back in the day.The cup win there in '76 was one of the scariest games I've been to........

That day was the first game I saw Mick - recently departed from this parish ffs - who subsequently became a great friend. It was nuts. :supergrin:

orp pisshead1
17-10-2017, 12:54 AM

2,000 Palace fans at home :hmph: more like 6-7 k was at both games mentioned West Ham had huge support though tbf for us we took a lot over to Upton Park for the replay. Quite a few Palace in the home end at West Ham as I think we sold out.

orp pisshead1
17-10-2017, 12:58 AM
Chelsea were well supported that day but your figures are extreme ( to make a point ?) no way were we outnumbered nine to one. Chelsea made the noise because of their position in the league but it was much more memorable because of the Cannoville incident.

This ^^^^^^^ did we have more than the 6/7 k i suggested? Can’t remember tbh but way more than 2k lol.

Bubble Wrap
17-10-2017, 01:22 PM

I know who Cass Pennant is, My reply was that there wasnt loads of black lads in the ICF. Have seen them first hand several times and apart from Cass Pennant there was a couple of half cast lads but the rest were white.
People might be getting mixed up with the football factory film. :)

Bubble Wrap
17-10-2017, 01:26 PM
We deserved to win by 2 or 3, that performance was good enough to compete with and even beat Chelsea on a normal day but to genuinely dominate them, they had to be below par.

Calm down. By their standards Chelsea were way off their game. They play Champions League this wee and probably came to us over confident. Whilst we put in a good solid performance and imo deserved to win lets not get carried away.

CP-RJW
17-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Calm down. By their standards Chelsea were way off their game. They play Champions League this wee and probably came to us over confident. Whilst we put in a good solid performance and imo deserved to win lets not get carried away.
Think you misunderstood my post, I said that Chelsea were not on their game. Look at the chances both teams had and even the expected goals stat (1.7 for us to Chelsea’s 0.4 as far as I remember,) and losing by one flattered them.

Uncle Neal
17-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Ironically, whilst Chelsea have become mega rich and successful, their support has been watered down by the influx of glory hunters and tourists. I jumped up in the East stand a few years ago when we scored and nothing was said.

That said, it used to be be one of the worst away games and now is one of the best. Perhaps, I am just getting old.

SA Eagle
17-10-2017, 06:52 PM
A large proportion of footballers are morons and Cahill is typical.

Would it kill any of them to say they lost to the better team?

As for the Canoville game, I was there and Chelsum had the corner of the Holmesdale and no more than 3k.

The abuse was incredible and I have never seen the like for your own player since.

No more than 3k, you're having a laugh. They were in the AW enclosure, AW seats and Old Stand seats. For reference, there were 17k in the crowd and our two home games either side got around 7k crowds.

ElwissAtMemphis
17-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Yes... here's the away end that afternoon. There's 3K just there for a start. There were undoubtedly more Chelsea fans than Palace at Selhurst that afternoon sadly. In those days, when teams like Chelsea & Millwall visited, the home support generally went down.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/chelsea-fans-in-the-away-end-of-the-stadium-during-the-division-2-picture-id136165538?s=594x594