Or not..........

dmf73
19-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Benteke and Wickham progressing well

Benteke says he is ahead of schedule

Hennessey back fit

Kirby
19-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Not on eagles.cpfc.co.uk or the official facebook page?

Who's in charge of broadcasting the press conferences this season? They're making a right hash of it.

Palace Bear
19-10-2017, 12:15 PM

Hennessey back fit

Don't get any silly ideas Roy. :frown:

averity
19-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Some of its on cpfc Twitter,

Ron Dodgers
http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/hodgson-press-conference-live-palace-13782749

exiledeagle1

Who's in charge of broadcasting the press conferences this season? They're making a right hash of it.

It is so amateurish its embarrassing at times....

Penstone Eagle
19-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Can't believe anyone expects to see the press conference anymore, shambolic.

Maidstoned Eagle
19-10-2017, 12:30 PM
It is so amateurish its embarrassing at times....

Whats more amatuerish, the fact they arenīt covering it at all and will show highlights on the website later, or the problems they had when streams apparently kept dropping out etc?

EagleSE24
19-10-2017, 12:35 PM
http://www.football.london/crystal-palace-fc/hodgson-press-conference-live-palace-13782749

Roy recap

Here’s a little recap on what Roy said today during the broadcast section...
•Everyone is fit bar the long term injuries (Benteke and Wickham)

•Benteke’s recovery is ahead of schedule but still no return date

•Will need a similar performance up at Newcastle.

•Wilf can be Palace’s talisman again this season

•Roy not prepared to talk about the FA’s case vs Eni Aluko

•Roy doesn’t know what banter means...and doesn’t care

sw16girl
19-10-2017, 12:36 PM
He looks 10 years younger in the photo - amazing what a win can do.

Harry Holmesdale
19-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Amazing how a big win sees all players fit bar the longer term injuries

Maidstoned Eagle
19-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Amazing how a big win sees all players fit bar the longer term injuries

I said that to Mik59 yesterday. :D

EddieEdwards
19-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Summary from club Twitter feed - bottom up...

That's it from the gaffer. The full video will be on http://eagles.cpfc.co.uk shortly. Thanks for following.

RH: Football is about victories and defeats, a constant succession of parties and funerals. Any coach has to try to bring balance.

RH: Interesting theory (that Wilf was less affected by poor run due to missing most). I hadn't thought of that, but it's possible.

RH: The players will be more confident after Saturday. They've transferred training work on to the pitch and shown they can do it.

RH: It's always a challenge going to NUFC. They've had a good start, a deservedly good start. We must be ready for them.

RH: If you asked me if he's a great player with a very bright future, who can only get better, I'd answer with a resounding yes.

RH: Wilf has been the talisman for Crystal Palace, but it's not down to one man, it's about the team. Delighted with him Saturday.

RH: We have to work hard to produce performances like the one on Saturday. We have to keep doing that.

RH: I don't want to put a timeframe on Christian, but he's feeling very confident and is on schedule.

RH: We're lucky. No further injuries, just the two long-term ones. Wayne has recovered, so a clean bill of health.

The boss is here! #CPFC

davech
19-10-2017, 01:10 PM

Hennessey back fit

Every silver lining has a cloud :(

PALACEWU
19-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Nice to see him deflect a little from the Wilf fan fayre, Newcastle will have spent the week with him in mind.

Pinkie Brown
19-10-2017, 02:16 PM
He better not play WH, if he drops Jules I'm going medieval on his arse!

Celestial Empire
19-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Who are the "two long-term injuries" ?
- Benteke,
- Wickham (who we have seen training in the final stages of recuperation -
allegedly, weeks ago) ?
- Souare (still not match fit, but has had one run-out) ?

If Souare is now "fit", why isn't he on the bench ? And how many more seasons will Wickham need to recover and make a modest contribution towards his club's cause ? :hmph:

Pinkie Brown
19-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Has Wickham got the same 'injury' as Andy Carroll?

Dobbo
19-10-2017, 04:08 PM

No, Wickham's brain works fine.

Loafster
19-10-2017, 04:28 PM
starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling for our Roy

ben1987
19-10-2017, 04:28 PM
- Benteke,
allegedly, weeks ago) ?

If Souare is now "fit", why isn't he on the bench ? And how many more seasons will Wickham need to recover and make a modest contribution towards his club's cause ? :hmph:

Because you don't need three left backs in a match day squad and he was never that great.

Zulu84
19-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Because you don't need three left backs in a match day squad and he was never that great.

Would rather see Pape get a runout than VanAanholt

orp pisshead1
19-10-2017, 05:12 PM

Hasnít there been cut backs in that department? Shocking if true but hope itís just typical Palace being league 1 off the pitch.

glenn.f
19-10-2017, 05:54 PM
Cannot believe that Wickham is getting hammered by some for not having a miracle recovery from a torn acl. Behave for Christ sake its one hell of an injury and plenty of others have taken a year or more to get back playing.

ChrisOnMyFace
19-10-2017, 06:05 PM

We didn't advertise we were live streaming it today and we haven't done so for a few weeks because we didn't want the connection to drop out (something that was out of our control) like it has done in the past.

Currently trialling a solution to the connectivity problems which should be great and allow us to do a lot more live hits wherever we are. We're just making sure it's 100% before we go live with it. In the meantime we're getting the full press conference online as soon as we can.

Nth Kent Eagle
19-10-2017, 06:26 PM
- Benteke,
allegedly, weeks ago) ?

I wonder if Pap will play on Tuesday? I suspect so.

Newfie
19-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Is RLC fit?

Alfonso
19-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Would rather see Pape get a runout than VanAanholt

Think he'll get a run-out in the cup against Bristol City

Alfonso
19-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Watch Roy's Pre Newcastle United Press Conference here: https://youtu.be/nsPm8nHeFjo

Celestial Empire
19-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Cannot believe that Wickham is getting hammered by some for not having a miracle recovery from a torn acl. Behave for Christ sake its one hell of an injury and plenty of others have taken a year or more to get back playing.

RH never talks about him, I get the feeling the club has more or less written him off.

jimmy the gent
19-10-2017, 09:32 PM
RH never talks about him, I get the feeling the club has more or less written him off.

I get the feeling this is bollocks.

alanlee11
19-10-2017, 09:38 PM
What a load of made up conjecture.

MFBias
19-10-2017, 09:38 PM
Wouldnt be the smartest move to rush an injury prone player back from a serious long term injury.

Celestial Empire
19-10-2017, 09:41 PM
I get the feeling this is bollocks.

What do you reckon will happen to Wickham when we spend a lot of money on a new striker in January then ?

jimmy the gent
19-10-2017, 09:51 PM
What do you reckon will happen to Wickham when we spend a lot of money on a new striker in January then ?

I don't know. It's possible he'll be loaned out to regain sharpness, then reassessed. I find it conceivable Benteke may not be with us from next summer, in which case he may return from his loan to be second to the new striker. It's also conceivable we won't sign a new striker in january (or not one that costs 'a lot of money) on the basis that Roy's seen CW in training, rates him as CB's cover doesnt loan him out and decides the money is best spent elsewhere. Given the performance of zaha /andros last saturday, i'd say recovery permitting that is a fair possibility, and not necessarily a bad one.

Celestial Empire
19-10-2017, 09:57 PM
I don't know. It's possible he'll be loaned out to regain sharpness, then reassessed. I find it conceivable Benteke may not be with us from next summer, in which case he may return from his loan to be second to the new striker. It's also conceivable we won't sign a new striker in january (or not one that costs 'a lot of money) on the basis that Roy's seen CW in training, rates him as CB's cover doesnt loan him out and decides the money is best spent elsewhere. Given the performance of zaha /andros last saturday, i'd say recovery permitting that is a fair possibility, and not necessarily a bad one.

Or sold to a Champs club, a level where he did well previously.
You may be right, we tend to cling on to sick-notes way, way, too long.

DARZET EAGLE
19-10-2017, 10:12 PM

He will be on the bench.

Maidstoned Eagle
19-10-2017, 10:22 PM
We didn't advertise we were live streaming it today and we haven't done so for a few weeks because we didn't want the connection to drop out (something that was out of our control) like it has done in the past.

Currently trialling a solution to the connectivity problems which should be great and allow us to do a lot more live hits wherever we are. We're just making sure it's 100% before we go live with it. In the meantime we're getting the full press conference online as soon as we can.
:p

East-End Eagle
20-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Loved his comment about football being a procession of parties and funerals. I think it sums up the bbs post match perfectly!

rhino_mik
20-10-2017, 09:55 AM

No, he doesn't have bruised elbows.

eagle mart
20-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Loved his comment about football being a procession of parties and funerals. I think it sums up the bbs post match perfectly!

Yep. And cpfc twitter.

Louis
20-10-2017, 02:01 PM
I haven't heard it described like that, but I like the expression - I think in financial markets it's called short-termism ...

Lose 5-0 at Newcastle = Chelsea result was a one-off, we're going down
Win 1-0 at Newcastle = Can we qualify for Europe?

RH seems to have the wisdom to put it all in context

Neckinger Eagle
20-10-2017, 05:26 PM
I kind of understand that people get the hump about the poor streaming quality or no streaming at all.

It's a bit of a modern world problem though isn't it? Oh no, we can't watch an old bloke answering banal questions.

Why do you need a stream at all? I always find this thread is all I need.

Maz
20-10-2017, 05:33 PM
I kind of understand that people get the hump about the poor streaming quality or no streaming at all.

It's a bit of a modern world problem though isn't it? Oh no, we can't watch an old bloke answering banal questions.

Why do you need a stream at all? I always find this thread is all I need.

Spot on, on all counts.