PDA

View Full Version : Alan Pardew

Pages : [1] 2

lee_cpfc
20-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Anyone know why a previously well thought of and potential future England / Real Madrid Manager hasn’t had a job since he left Palace nearly a year ago?

Dave
20-10-2017, 09:03 PM
WTF

fioreuk
20-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Because he yet again got found to be a useless ****?

Reg_Maudling
20-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Will never get another premier league job

beef
20-10-2017, 09:26 PM
I think he was eyeing up a top Championship job and nobody was interested.

Louis
20-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Anyone know why a previously well thought of and potential future England / Real Madrid Manager hasn’t had a job since he left Palace nearly a year ago?
Possibly because no one has offered him one?

orp pisshead1
20-10-2017, 09:59 PM

Real Madrid :D:D:D

Ralph
21-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Presumably fighting it out with Sam Allardyce on the shortlist to replace Zidane.

Chas
21-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Remember when we laughed at Newcastle fans for their inability to stop talking about Pardew long after he was gone?

beef
21-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Remember when we laughed at Newcastle fans for their inability to stop talking about Pardew long after he was gone?

You either leave a hero or stay long enough to see yourself become the villain

Scifo
21-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Took us from relegation to 11th and throw in a cup final. We kept him too long but he really doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets here.

The fans of most other clubs wouldn’t want him but in a lot of cases it’s their loss

PauLo
21-10-2017, 01:42 PM
I still love Alan. Don't want him anywhere near the club, though.

brisbane_eagle
21-10-2017, 01:54 PM
He's got completely the wrong temperament; remember his head butt against a Hull player and swearing at Manuel Pellegrini. He's not a great manager - yeah he took us to Wembley but wtf was that stupid dance? I think it seriously distracted the players when they should have been concentrating to seal the win in the last 10 minutes.

macstar
21-10-2017, 01:59 PM
He's got completely the wrong temperament; remember his head butt against a Hull player and swearing at Manuel Pellegrini. He's not a great manager - yeah he took us to Wembley but wtf was that stupid dance? I think it seriously distracted the players when they should have been concentrating to seal the win in the last 10 minutes.

just over emotional and arrogant. He may well be a good coach but those two things show his flaws.

beef
21-10-2017, 02:03 PM
I reckon those traits would make you good with the ladies

brisbane_eagle
21-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Head butting, swearing and dancing in your mid fifties - says a lot for the sort of ladies your into :D!

Leopald Stotch
21-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Head butting, swearing and dancing in your mid fifties - says a lot for the sort of ladies your into :D!

Never thought i'd miss Cinatras, but that comment took me right back there.

jimmy the gent
21-10-2017, 06:05 PM

"naturally dominant of course, although can switch seamlessly to a more giving role."

Jim Cannon
22-10-2017, 06:24 PM

You made up the real madrid bit didn't you

Owngoal
22-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Probably on his normal wage from us still which could be linked to a new job.

Worksop Palace
21-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Linked to WBA job

Interview imminent apparently

Mr Palace
21-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Probably do his usual of giving them a lift, staying up but then eventually leaving them as a disorganised rabble. That seems to be his methodology.

Golf Boy
21-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Took us from relegation to 11th and throw in a cup final. We kept him too long but he really doesn’t deserve the abuse he gets here.

The fans of most other clubs wouldn’t want him but in a lot of cases it’s their loss

He does. He is the ***** ****.

Jim Cannon
21-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Linked to WBA job

Interview imminent apparently

Well they have been losing at home a lot lately, so continuity shouldn't be a problem

Lee sinnots ear
21-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Probably do his usual of giving them a lift, staying up but then eventually leaving them as a disorganised rabble. That seems to be his methodology.

100% Agree ..... I have to say I think he is an absolute arrogant tosser who I would happily about abuse probably about shagging players wives :lux::sob:

west country boy
21-11-2017, 10:51 PM
I still love Alan.You’re too young to remember how mediocre he was as a player.

Golf Boy
21-11-2017, 11:07 PM
He won’t give them a lift - he has had some top players at his last two clubs who can create stuff even if he plays it tight. Has he got that at West Brom? No Yankick or Wilf. No Cabaye or ben arfa.

CP-RJW
21-11-2017, 11:24 PM
He won’t give them a lift - he has had some top players at his last two clubs who can create stuff even if he plays it tight. Has he got that at West Brom? No Yankick or Wilf. No Cabaye or ben arfa.
Chadli and Phillips are good wingers who can beat a man and deliver a ball, and they have a not great but sufficient target man in Rondon. Good keeper in Foster, solid defence, couple of decent workhorses in midfield along with a genuine champions league quality midfielder in Krychowiak. Pardew would keep them up no problem for me. We all know what would happen in the subsequent season(s) though.

danpalace07
22-11-2017, 01:30 AM
you just know he will ******* beat us

busy finding the biggest rock to hide under if so, no way am I looking at his smug face after

RedStripe Eagle
22-11-2017, 05:35 AM

A perfect summary!

JDawg
22-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Read somewhere last week that the issue with young English managers coming through is not necessarily foreign managers, it's the older English ones.

For the likes of Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew and even Warnock, it is a bit of a merry-go-round.

Skintagain
22-11-2017, 08:09 PM
I have a different view of Pardew now he's been gone for 2 windows.

Was he at fault for all the piss poor players that were bought. Was he at fault for no lhs back up to Soare, no proper replacement for Jedi. The evidence may suggest otherwise. I imagine BFS wouldn't come unless those gaps were properly filled. The evidence is our summer buys, i.e no gk and no striker when everybody knew what was needed.

meee
22-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Chadli and Phillips are good wingers who can beat a man and deliver a ball, and they have a not great but sufficient target man in Rondon. Good keeper in Foster, solid defence, couple of decent workhorses in midfield along with a genuine champions league quality midfielder in Krychowiak. Pardew would keep them up no problem for me. We all know what would happen in the subsequent season(s) though.

This.They've got the squad to compete for a top half finish.Pulis's style and tactics were holding them back.Add a bit in January too and they can really go places.Pardew is ideal for them in the medium term.Whether he's ideal in the long term remains to be seen but he took us from a worse position to 10th in far less time.He has a lot of flaws and is very arrogant,but no one can argue with his record.It's pretty good.

Glɑzier
22-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Read somewhere last week that the issue with young English managers coming through is not necessarily foreign managers, it's the older English ones.

For the likes of Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew and even Warnock, it is a bit of a merry-go-round.

Just as well Pulis isn't English then.....

JDawg
22-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Just as well Pulis isn't English then.....

Whatever :rolleyes:

Spindle
22-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Jordan Mutch is available. He can drive their midfield.

Mictor Voses
22-11-2017, 09:19 PM
Has he been sacked by Sky? Haven't seen him on there as much lately.

Reg_Maudling
23-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Pardew is an incompetent manager and I hope west brom choose him

But he may do okay for a while because west bromplayers will take a few months to forget their defensive and set piece routines drummed in to them by pulis
Pardews ideal job is to follow pulis to a club and then he can spout stuff about freeing the players and putting the ball at risk and mavericks and for a while it will be music to the ears of the players and supporters

Vultur
23-11-2017, 09:08 AM
My optimistic view of Palace's survival chances was enhanced by the decision of West Ham to appoint David Moyes. If WBA commit this unaccountable act of self harm, my optimism will increase.

aj4england
23-11-2017, 09:15 AM
If I was West Brom, Pardew would be like a god send. Pulis negative football is the opposite to Pardews recklessness. Pardew may do well there though as they have the potential to have a fairly sound defense.

Would rather have Pardew over Moyes, though West Hams squad is much better. Pulis going to Swansea would be bad news for us

CharlieCPFC
23-11-2017, 09:40 AM
If I was West Brom, Pardew would be like a god send. Pulis negative football is the opposite to Pardews recklessness. Pardew may do well there though as they have the potential to have a fairly sound defense.

Would rather have Pardew over Moyes, though West Hams squad is much better. Pulis going to Swansea would be bad news for us

If I was a West Brom fan I'd be shitting myself at the thought of Pardew. He'll probably initially do a decent job with a good squad. But overtime his arrogance will kick in and money spent on the wrong players on big contracts. The complete opposite of what Pulis done.

Nigelbrag
23-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Staggering logic, here we have a manager (Pardew) who made a pigs ear of his position at Palace and eventually got sacked, we then replace him with Pulis who did a superb job and rescued us from relegation.
Then left Palace for whatever reasons which we will never know why, took the managers job at WBA and gained reasonable success, then gets sacked due to the form they are now in, that's understandable in their thinking. But with no regards to the good work he achieved with them previously also that this current loss of form could just be a temporary blip, but his managerial record suggests he is the best man for any struggling club to have to rescue them from possible relegation, but they decide to sack him rather prematurely in my opinion. Seems like it's the modern fad in football today, patience is a bygone word.
To confound logic, WBA are now considering appointing Pardew which seems very odd after what went before in his managerial roles, and how the Palace situation turned out when Both were in charge, surely a lesson for the WBA Board to heed before they take the plunge.
Just my take on it.

Shipp Ahoy!
23-11-2017, 10:11 AM
If they give him a contract until the end of the season it might work.

Then again, if he does his usual trick and succeeds to start with, would they feel obliged to give him longer?

Shipp Ahoy!
23-11-2017, 10:14 AM
I have a different view of Pardew now he's been gone for 2 windows.

Was he at fault for all the piss poor players that were bought. Was he at fault for no lhs back up to Soare, no proper replacement for Jedi. The evidence may suggest otherwise. I imagine BFS wouldn't come unless those gaps were properly filled. The evidence is our summer buys, i.e no gk and no striker when everybody knew what was needed.

Sure sure :rolleyes:

The point is when Allardyce came in he said I want player x and y and we went and got them.

De Boer is well know to have been shockingly shite with transfers, the club went in for plenty of players in those positions - he kept changing his mind on them. Heard this from many people in and out the club (not just what Parish say so).

El Aguila
23-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Staggering logic, here we have a manager (Pardew) who made a pigs ear of his position at Palace and eventually got sacked, we then replace him with Pulis who did a superb job and rescued us from relegation.
Then left Palace for whatever reasons which we will never know why, took the managers job at WBA and gained reasonable success, then gets sacked due to the form they are now in, that's understandable in their thinking. But with no regards to the good work he achieved with them previously also that this current loss of form could just be a temporary blip, but his managerial record suggests he is the best man for any struggling club to have to rescue them from possible relegation, but they decide to sack him rather prematurely in my opinion. Seems like it's the modern fad in football today, patience is a bygone word.
To confound logic, WBA are now considering appointing Pardew which seems very odd after what went before in his managerial roles, and how the Palace situation turned out when Both were in charge, surely a lesson for the WBA Board to heed before they take the plunge.
Just my take on it.

Have you confused Pardew with Holloway?
Pards did a spectacular job with Palace for a year after taking us over near the bottom of the table, in January. Pulis did a great recue job for half a season. West Brom have sacked him because fans demand to be entertained - football ain't cheap to watch, and if Pulis gets a chance to build his own side, tedium is what you get.

JDawg
23-11-2017, 10:48 AM
We know that he's good with the players and very good at managing upwards and gets the required new manager bounce. I don't particularly care for him, given the mess he left and he is dogmatic rather than pragmatic on style. However, if WBA want a change of emphasis then it could work short-term.

But be careful what you wish for. To date he's divided two PL fanbases.

Jim Cannon
23-11-2017, 11:01 AM

The slight problem is that our defenders were good before he arrived and declined throughout his tenure and haven't really recovered

swissroll
23-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately (for us now) Pardews record in the first season is usually good.

917L
23-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Just my take on it.

You have Pulis and Pardew in the wrong order, and omitted Warnock in between

aj4england
23-11-2017, 11:30 AM
The slight problem is that our defenders were good before he arrived and declined throughout his tenure and haven't really recovered

The same pardew that signed Cabaye, now one of our best players. Can't imagine Pulis or West Brom ever attracting someone like that....

Not blinkered here, but Pardew isnt an awful manager though has his flaws.

aj4england
23-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Other than that small detail you are spot on :supergrin:

Nigelbrag
23-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Have you confused Pardew with Holloway?
Pards did a spectacular job with Palace for a year after taking us over near the bottom of the table, in January. Pulis did a great recue job for half a season. West Brom have sacked him because fans demand to be entertained - football ain't cheap to watch, and if Pulis gets a chance to build his own side, tedium is what you get.

No.
As i was basing my judgement of AP on probably the last 12 months or so of his Palace reign which could only have been described as traumatic for most fans, that was not to say initially when appointed he did not do a decent job and in all honesty i was in favour of his appointment.
The biggest problem that followed was AP not recognising errors that needed rectifying and his failure to do so left the club on the verge, until eventually Steve Parish saw sense and took action that was long overdue.
As for the WBA situation, what i would say is clubs of that standing need to recognise their limitations and and sometimes their over expectancy of what they are really capable off, managers like Pulis and Allardyce are ready made for mid table clubs, as what they do is as good as guarantee you your premiership status and the riches that brings.
As for WBA fans expecting wonderful entertaining football and be competitive against teams like City who spend multi millions to achieve that goal is pure fantasy, similar to West Ham fans who are still living in the glory days of Moore, Hurst and Peters and forgetting the reality of who they really are today and what their true expectations should be.
A similar situation applies to our very own Palace, success would be to achieve mid table security season after season and the odd good Cup run is what our true ambitions should be, and in reality who would complain if it took a manager of Hodgson, Allardyce or even Pulis and the football style they bring, if we can achieve that goal.

whereEaglesFly
23-11-2017, 11:44 AM
800 games as a manager and a 42% win ratio is not a bad manager.

SussexRed&Blue
23-11-2017, 11:55 AM
It may work for them till the end of the season.

Will start to go wrong though when he starts making big changes and if he gets offered a long contract.

macstar
23-11-2017, 12:01 PM
The same pardew that signed Cabaye, now one of our best players. Can't imagine Pulis or West Brom ever attracting someone like that....

but his ego takes over and i think he gets too emotionally unstable.

Sure when he came it thinks were good but then his poor transfers and then lack of fitness was obvious as well as some shite tactics.

Expecting Cabaye to completely boss the midfield when that isnt his thing..... remember Cabaye huffing and puffing after 55 mins every game. Cabaye has improved massively since Luka has come in.

eagles #1
23-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Good appointment for WBA. Yes he has his streaks of winning and losing but almost anyone who knows him rates him very highly as a manager.

Maidstoned Eagle
23-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Just my take on it.

I think your time line is a bit off there fella....Pulis left, then we had Warnock and then Pardew.

redemptionday
23-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I would fancy Pardew to keep them up and even consolidate in 9th or 10th - he's good at doing that. All goes to shit afterwards though when he spends money and tries to "reinvent" the team.

Danny_Cheviot
23-11-2017, 12:15 PM

Alan Pardew gave me one of the greatest days out as a Palace supporter back in 1990.

I've never met the man so can't comment on his persona.

SussexRed&Blue
23-11-2017, 12:15 PM

A good manager is one that improves the players he has under his control.

If you judge Pardew there probably was only one player that improved under his control which was Wilf. Everyone else went backwards.

Cabaye who Pardew signed performed worse for him than any other manager he has had in charge of him.

Allardyce got more out of him last season and this season Cabaye has really shown what he can really do. Looking the fittess he has ever been and playing really well.

It's all very well signing new players but you have to get the best out of them and improve them.

spt1978
23-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Has he actually been appointed ?

st albans
23-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Has he actually been appointed ?

no

Bubble Wrap
23-11-2017, 12:21 PM
If they give him a contract until the end of the season it might work.

Then again, if he does his usual trick and succeeds to start with, would they feel obliged to give him longer?

No chance he will take a short term contract. His Ego would not allow anything other than 2 years. Will be good news for us if he gets the WBA job and they continue to slide as he cannot motivate players that are struggling.The women are ropey up their too so he will start cracking on to the players wives again. The dirty bugger.

st albans
23-11-2017, 12:25 PM
he cannot motivate players that are struggling.

which is exactly what he did do with us....

El Aguila
23-11-2017, 12:25 PM
A similar situation applies to our very own Palace, success would be to achieve mid table security season after season and the odd good Cup run is what our true ambitions should be, and in reality who would complain if it took a manager of Hodgson, Allardyce or even Pulis and the football style they bring, if we can achieve that goal.

I find the way Hodgson's teams play football to be pretty easy on the eye, to be honest. I wouldn't classify him with Pulis in that sense - let's hope he is as effective, though.

Reg_Maudling
23-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Allardyce and Hodgson believe in organisation and sound defence but they are not as extreme as Pulis (noone is) and they have more than a plan A

Sharkba1t
23-11-2017, 12:31 PM
I'm still confused by Nigelbrags post.
I think the order is as follows : We had Holloway, who resigned after being thumped at home to Fulham. Then Pulis stepped in and kept us up. After he left we had Warnock who got sacked after the boxing day home loss to Southampton. We then got Pardew who kept us up and started the following season brilliantly - up to Dec 15. He hung on for a year after that in which we were utter toilet (FA Cup aside) until we got shot of the useless tw@t last December.

Billyd
23-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Other than his first few months Cabaye was largely poor under Pardew. Same applies for Tomkins, Townsend etc.

Like Cabaye they only looked decent under BSF and Hodgson.

aj4england
23-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Not sure you can say Cabaye only looked decent for a few months under Pardew and then say hes looked good for Hodgson as a comparison when hes played about 6 games?

Pardew gets a lot of criticism on these boards and the fact was he shouldve been booted much earlier, but at times, by pure luck perhaps, we got some great results under himand had a lot more memorable days and played better football than those under Pulis. For this reason, and as a contract, WBA fans may want him there.

Billyd
23-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Not sure you can say Cabaye only looked decent for a few months under Pardew and then say hes looked good for Hodgson as a comparison when hes played about 6 games?

Can only judge on what we've seen cant we. And Cabaye looks as good as he has in Palace shirt at the moment.

Pub Idol
23-11-2017, 12:51 PM

Pardew gets a lot of criticism on these boards and the fact was he shouldve been booted much earlier, but at times, by pure luck perhaps, we got some great results under himand had a lot more memorable days and played better football than those under Pulis. For this reason, and as a contract, WBA fans may want him there.

Some very memorable days under Pulis. And I don't recall the football being particularly bad? Granted only 6/7 months so perhaps had he been here longer it might have got harder to watch.

CaterhamEagle
23-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Just my take on it.

Way to mess up your timeline :D

Pardew was great for us in 2015, so much so that even after our dismal run in 2016 he still had a 40% win rate while manage for us overall.

Expect him to do well at West Brom for 6-12 months as well. They have the fitness and drilled defensive shape, what they need is his early management that allows players like Rodriguez, Phillips and Chadli to attack with freedom and purpose. They are decent players and should do well until the inevitable fitness/tactic side unravels.

JDawg
23-11-2017, 04:47 PM

five league wins in a calendar year...............

FourtyTwo
23-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Just goes to show how misleading stats can be.

Nigelbrag
23-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Yes you right, got my years confused. Apologies to all the guys who responded and reminded of it.:confused:

meee
23-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Can only judge on what we've seen cant we. And Cabaye looks as good as he has in Palace shirt at the moment.

So when we were 5th in the league and basically dominating the midfield week in week out Cabaye was poorer than he is now we have 1 win in 12?Don't get me wrong,Cabaye has been outstanding this season but he wasn't even close to being poor under Pardew.He was average at worst in the 2nd half of that season and still played a vital role in the cup run.

meee
23-11-2017, 06:01 PM
A good manager is one that improves the players he has under his control.

If you judge Pardew there probably was only one player that improved under his control which was Wilf. Everyone else went backwards.

Cabaye who Pardew signed performed worse for him than any other manager he has had in charge of him.

Allardyce got more out of him last season and this season Cabaye has really shown what he can really do. Looking the fittess he has ever been and playing really well.

It's all very well signing new players but you have to get the best out of them and improve them.

We were 5th in the league with Hennessey as 1st choice keeper and Wickham(who I like btw)as our main striker with 1 goal from the penalty spot all season.We also had Delaney as a regular centre back and Mutch and CYL were quite heavily involved.Ward was playing well too.If that isn't getting the best out of a squad I don't know what is.

JDawg
23-11-2017, 10:02 PM
But we went stagnant very very quickly

JDawg
26-11-2017, 08:22 PM

He has something if he's had 300+ games as a PL manager. However, he has divided two fan bases which I think is a message in itself. I think his biggest issue is he's dogmatic. One way of playing which can be attractive on the eye, but eventually you get found out. Similar to Holloway's Blackpool way back when. Pardew was as awesome in 2015 as he was shockingly bad in 2016. However the shockingly bad was sufficiently awful over a sustained period that it's that which we remember.

Personally, I don't think he's that good a coach, but he's very good at managing upwards and we, like others fell for it. Look at the fitness work Allardyce had to do after his departure and look how Cabaye, amongst others has come on since he left.

However, perhaps it's him that West Brom needs, if they want to be entertained. His style is the antithesis of Pulis. Allardyce is like-for-like; Koeman and Bilic have been sacked recently for abject failure. O'Neill won't go to West Brom.

If he goes there they'll have a good season. However............

Zohar's Penalty
26-11-2017, 10:03 PM
He’s a momentum manager. When things are going well, he is able to maintain confidence and keep the team playing positive, attacking football and can fool you into thinking he’s a smooth genius.

When things do turn against him and his team though, he finds it very difficult to stop the rot. He then comes across as an arrogant fool.

Always been streaky. It will be crucial for West Brom that he gets off to a flyer like he did with us. If he starts poorly, they will be in the shit.

Worksop Palace
26-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Announced tomorrow apparently

CPFC since 1989
26-11-2017, 10:13 PM
five league wins in a calendar year...............

And an FA Cup final. Selectively forgotten :rolleyes:

Golf Boy
26-11-2017, 10:16 PM
He has something if he's had 300+ games as a PL manager. However, he has divided two fan bases which I think is a message in itself. I think his biggest issue is he's dogmatic. One way of playing which can be attractive on the eye, but eventually you get found out. Similar to Holloway's Blackpool way back when. Pardew was as awesome in 2015 as he was shockingly bad in 2016. However the shockingly bad was sufficiently awful over a sustained period that it's that which we remember.

Personally, I don't think he's that good a coach, but he's very good at managing upwards and we, like others fell for it. Look at the fitness work Allardyce had to do after his departure and look how Cabaye, amongst others has come on since he left.

However, perhaps it's him that West Brom needs, if they want to be entertained. His style is the antithesis of Pulis. Allardyce is like-for-like; Koeman and Bilic have been sacked recently for abject failure. O'Neill won't go to West Brom.

If he goes there they'll have a good season. However............

The ones he hasn`t divided all hate him.

Aki Aki Aki
26-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Our last game of the season is against West Brom

Skiddo
26-11-2017, 10:37 PM
So when we were 5th in the league and basically dominating the midfield week in week out

I remember us reaching 5th but I don't remember the second part at all.

danpalace07
27-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Thank god he won't be on Sky any more...

Glazier69
27-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Shaun Goater on SSN. Sounds like he saw us in 2015 and Wembley not 2016. Unfortunately they will play more attractive football and finish top half this season but I agree look out for the second year tail spin.

eagle mart
27-11-2017, 11:39 AM
He's a Premier League manager. Whether you like him or not means very little. He'll get West Brom playing. So in 18months he'll hit the buffers - but that's not unique only to him as a manager, and so what? He's got a 42% win ratio in one of the most competitive leagues in the world managing unfashionable clubs. One calendar year at Palace doesn't define him. Anybody in the bottom 12 would take 18months of improvement compared what they are currently doing - it's all about the current season.

Ask any West Brom fan. What they've had this season compared to what Pardew could bring to the table, after biting your hand off, they'll fall in love with their club and football again.

eagles #1
27-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Just in time to play us on Saturday. Great.

swissroll
27-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Unfortunately for us now (but not when he joined us) , Pardews year 1 record is good

Golf Boy
27-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately for us now (but not when he joined us) , Pardews year 1 record is good

But now everyone really knows he`s a **** now.

Golf Boy
27-11-2017, 12:30 PM
He`s going to put rhe ball at risk

CP-RJW
27-11-2017, 12:33 PM
West Brom are going to go from one of the most dominant teams in the league at set pieces to the most feeble.

Golf Boy
27-11-2017, 12:35 PM
West Brom are going to go from one of the most dominant teams in the league at set pieces to the most feeble.

“It´s just not us” he`ll be saying for months

gilesy14
27-11-2017, 12:39 PM
The goatee beard means he probably won't be allowed near West Brom's youth players.

CP-RJW
27-11-2017, 12:47 PM
“It´s just not us” he`ll be saying for months
“I can’t defend my defenders. I am certainly strong enough and have been here before. Something about Mavericks etc”

Billyd
27-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Can get 3-1 on West Brom to be relegated. Lump on.

Penstone Eagle
27-11-2017, 01:35 PM

Is that the one that was there to be won, but thrown away due to piss poor in game management?

philsick
27-11-2017, 01:48 PM

So dominant they'e won 2 games since feb:D and both those were 1.0

GreatGonzo
27-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Is that the one that was there to be won, but thrown away due to piss poor in game management?

Took off the player keeping Rooney subdued, brought on the player who scored the opener.

JDawg
27-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Didn't forget it. Hence league wins...Selectively forget to read that bit?

Chillo
27-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Just in time to play us on Saturday. Great.

Hopefully not enough to change massively by Saturday.

Chillo
27-11-2017, 02:11 PM

as well as a ref not being able to play advantage. :veryangry

He did make mistakes, but did bring on Punch who scored.

GreatGonzo
27-11-2017, 02:18 PM
Lost his first game at Reading back in 99.

Apart from that his club have not lost their first game after he has been appointed.

Lets hope it happens today or not until next week!

GreatGonzo
27-11-2017, 02:19 PM
as well as a ref not being able to play advantage. :veryangry

He did make mistakes, but did bring on Punch who scored.

But took off the player who was keeping Rooney subdued, Punch then let him run past for the equaliser.

Philipw
27-11-2017, 02:24 PM
If he's appointed today, Newcastle at home tomorrow and then us on Saturday. Whats the odds on that ....

dufski13
27-11-2017, 02:25 PM
But took off the player who was keeping Rooney subdued, Punch then let him run past for the equaliser.

The way I saw it that day was that Rooney stepped up a level & dragged them over the line. Not all about Pardew.

dufski13
27-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Hope they have a change of heart, because Pardew will have West Brom safe well before the end of the season. Sure 18 mo this in it will all start to u ravel, but they’ll be decent for that 18 months.

dufski13
27-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Was hoping they appoint Megson!

GreatGonzo
27-11-2017, 02:28 PM
The way I saw it that day was that Rooney stepped up a level & dragged them over the line. Not all about Pardew.

Rooney came into the game once Cabaye had gone off, who to that point had spent all game trying to nullify Rooney.

Selhurst Celtic
27-11-2017, 02:30 PM
If he's appointed today, Newcastle at home tomorrow and then us on Saturday.

I thought the same. Pardew would love the attention.

cranesparkeagle
27-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Head butting, swearing and dancing in your mid fifties - says a lot for the sort of ladies your into :D! I dont td the first. do the second quite frequently but on ly do the third one occasionally and Im about the same age!

Reg_Maudling
27-11-2017, 02:42 PM
The west brom players must have been so sick of pulis telling them they weren't good enough players to pass the ball so when super Al comes in and talks the talk and tells them how great they are and how great he is then it may help them for a while
Even though theres no substance behind the buzzwords and the shoes suits and teeth

CP-RJW
27-11-2017, 03:05 PM
So dominant they'e won 2 games since feb:D and both those were 1.0
Because the only thing they’re good at is set pieces: being one dimensional catches up with a team eventually, like us and our pass it to the wingers hope for the best strategy under Pardew.

chrisophiex
27-11-2017, 03:27 PM
If he's appointed today, Newcastle at home tomorrow and then us on Saturday. Whats the odds on that ....

I wonder if we play Charlton next. Oh silly me....

meee
27-11-2017, 06:51 PM

I noticed that as well.Pretty ironic.

LLCOOLSTEVE
28-11-2017, 10:07 PM
So pretty much confirmed, first game against Palace ffs

glenn.f
28-11-2017, 10:20 PM
So pretty much confirmed, first game against Palace ffs

Would you back him to tactically out do us though ? You can imagine him giving it plenty of flannel in the dressing room on how to beat us, but you'd imagine his weakness for the gung ho might confuse the usually ultra defensive West Brom players early doors. Could be an exciting one though.

Reg_Maudling
28-11-2017, 10:49 PM
west brom must be gutted about not winning tonight, the draw was a good result for us for Saturday

Glazier69
29-11-2017, 08:50 AM
He’ll be putting in an offer for Cabaye in January

bradpitt
29-11-2017, 09:25 AM
He’ll be putting in an offer for Cabaye in January

I don’t think Yohan will want to see out the rest of his days in West Brom

Kylie_Tracey
29-11-2017, 10:24 AM
without any shadow of doubt they will benefit from the "new manager bounce" gun-ho and out and out attack, I just hope we are able to soak up the pressure and get a win.

Thanet Eagle
29-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Will be interesting to see how he does there. Can't imagine the Baggies fans being too excited.

Sleeping Giant
29-11-2017, 10:43 AM
without any shadow of doubt they will benefit from the "new manager bounce" gun-ho and out and out attack, I just hope we are able to soak up the pressure and get a win.

But that is alien to many of their players so they should be a bit chaotic. We need to keep our heads, shape and drive and just pick them off.

Purepalace
29-11-2017, 10:47 AM
It's official.

davech
29-11-2017, 10:48 AM
But that is alien to many of their players so they should be a bit chaotic. We need to keep our heads, shape and drive and just pick them off.

With any luck it will be FdB with us all over again.

switchboard
29-11-2017, 10:57 AM
Never quite worked out what West Brom really bring to football to be honest. Good luck to Alan, I don't have any ill feeling towards him but I can't see it working out for him there.

Walter Wort
29-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Cue an outbreak of football pundits' irony: "Pardew's first game in charge, ironically against his former club".

jmemour
29-11-2017, 11:18 AM
The only chance of WBA not having a meltdown in the 18/19 season is if he does so well this year that he gets the England job.

cdm61
29-11-2017, 11:19 AM
https://i.harperapps.com/covers/9780062697547/x145.jpg

mexicaneagle
29-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Cue an outbreak of football pundits' irony: "Pardew's first game in charge, ironically against his former club".

He'll pick Berahino who will score for the first time since feb 2016, against us. Cue more pundit's irony.

Repo Man
29-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Quite optimistic on the West Brom version of this site: http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=20994.0

The poor sods are in for a rude awakening before too long...

Windsor_Eagle
29-11-2017, 11:30 AM
I think they'll rally for a while. Shoot up the league. Look like a good side and then, BANG, they'll not find a win from anywhere and be utterly bemused at how their team went from quality to dogshit overnight.

bubbs11
29-11-2017, 11:35 AM
I think they'll rally for a while. Shoot up the league. Look like a good side and then, BANG, they'll not find a win from anywhere and be utterly bemused at how their team went from quality to dogshit overnight.

Is what the form book says will happen.

Think the Baggies will really take to him initially as his style will feel like a breath of fresh air after the turgid style Pulis inflicted on them. But eventually as you said, there will come that awful realisation that nigh on every club have witnessed under Pards. Hopefully we can offload some of our rubbish onto him.

Just our luck to play them next. Hopefully Pards takes at least a game or so to freshen them up. Problem is, he'll know exactly how to stifle our lads, and let's be honest; we've not got the brightest players at the moment in terms of thinking on their feet and out witting the opposition.

Hector
29-11-2017, 11:35 AM
They will have a great rest of the season then it'll go t1ts up next season. They will be crazily open and wishing for Pulis back.

Pardew at WBA, Sam at Everton and potentially Pulis at Swansea is not good for us.

JamTheEagle
29-11-2017, 11:37 AM
John Carver going with him as well...

BillyTKid
29-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I'm amazed he has got another premier league job. We need to be more like Germany and give some young coaches a go. If you can have a couple of decent seasons as manager in the premier league then you can be recycled into another 3 or 4 jobs over the preceding years.

Pub Idol
29-11-2017, 12:24 PM
He looked finished to me but maybe a year off he may have his mojo back - He certainly lost it with us in the end, like he did at Newcastle, West Ham and Charlton

ChiswickEagle
29-11-2017, 12:31 PM
He'll pick Berahino who will score for the first time since feb 2016, against us. Cue more pundit's irony.

He's allowed to pick the Stoke team too?

Brett
29-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Lock up your (grand)mothers, daughters, WAGS and anything else with a pulse, West Bromwich.

art malice
29-11-2017, 12:39 PM
He’s currently in a behind-closed-doors meeting with the Waggies

Maidstoned Eagle
29-11-2017, 12:42 PM
He's allowed to pick the Stoke team too?

:lux:

Richwak
29-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Good luck to him, I like Pardew

Gregz41
29-11-2017, 01:17 PM

It's actually just a coincidence. Irony would be Pardew installing a decent home record or producing consistent results and not huge streaks of good and bad form. And in the future, actually being able to build something at West Brom. All things he failed to do at Palace.

Cyke20
29-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Hopefully he'll sign Mutch again

SE5eagle
29-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Please God he does.

If Sam takes PVA it'll be a bonus as well.

9Freedman9
29-11-2017, 03:36 PM
WBA fans seem very happy with this appointment.

Give it 12 months......

MasterYoda
29-11-2017, 03:43 PM
"Experience is important. We have a history of delivering. I took Palace from the relegation zone to 10th. These things have to be taken into account."

Ignores that he took us back to within one place of where he started.

RCUK
29-11-2017, 03:46 PM
This man is a muppet.

Walter Wort
29-11-2017, 03:50 PM
It's actually just a coincidence. Irony would be Pardew installing a decent home record or producing consistent results and not huge streaks of good and bad form. And in the future, actually being able to build something at West Brom. All things he failed to do at Palace.
I don't think it is even anything approaching a coincidence. But try convincing the average broadcasting pundit of that!
I think it must be a pundit's in joke.
;)

68johnners
29-11-2017, 03:53 PM
"Experience is important. We have a history of delivering. I took Palace from the relegation zone to 10th. These things have to be taken into account."

Ignores that he took us back to within one place of where he started.

Quality!!!

Beneaglee
29-11-2017, 03:53 PM

He plays for stoke.

Cyneagle
29-11-2017, 04:06 PM
I am qualified to say I've seen a lot of life. It's amazing how some people always seem to land on their feet.

Effing 6 wins in one calendar year.

Sharkba1t
29-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Hopefully not enough to change massively by Saturday.

First job will be to check out the WAGS. Then , next week, on to football, and ignoring tactics.

SussexRed&Blue
29-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Wonder if he is going to ask his team to put the ball at risk?!

Only ball work in training don't worry about any fitness training.

Needs to 1st assess who the Alpha Males are in the club before he removes them out the club!

Zulu84
29-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Pardew will be successful at WBA for however long it takes his defenders to forgot everything Pulis has coached into them.

Celestial Empire
29-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Why do you think he will repeat his Palace/Newcastle form, and not his Southampton/Charlton form ? Both Newcastle and Palace had good players in underperforming teams when he arrived.

Celestial Empire
29-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Is what the form book says will happen.

Think the Baggies will really take to him initially as his style will feel like a breath of fresh air after the turgid style Pulis inflicted on them. But eventually as you said, there will come that awful realisation that nigh on every club have witnessed under Pards. Hopefully we can offload some of our rubbish onto him.

Just our luck to play them next. Hopefully Pards takes at least a game or so to freshen them up. Problem is, he'll know exactly how to stifle our lads, and let's be honest; we've not got the brightest players at the moment in terms of thinking on their feet and out witting the opposition.

How will he "know exactly how to stifle" Schlupp, Milivojevic, Sakho, and RL-C ?

Robin
29-11-2017, 05:49 PM
I hate playing teams who are on long runs without a win.

beef
29-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Excellent appointment. If only there were more Pardews out there to be hired by our relegation rivals.

AddoWolz
29-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Pardew will be a complete failure at West Brom , they would've been much better off sticking with Pulis .

Golf Boy
29-11-2017, 07:52 PM
I don`t think they will get the bounce - haven`t got the quality of players Toons and we had.

elgin eagle
29-11-2017, 07:53 PM
They all dance like that in West Bromwich already. Think they should have stuck with Pukis to be honest. Watch the fitness levels drop along with the training quality.

Lewarse
29-11-2017, 08:08 PM
I think he'll do alright - they are a decent side, who are well organised. They need to be let off the leash a little. I wouldn't have given him a 3 year deal though - that's enough time for him to **** their defence up.

Jordan's Jacket
29-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Who will be their maverick? I suspect the Baggies' ball is looking forward to being put at risk

Jordan's Jacket
29-11-2017, 08:12 PM
"It has been a calculated choice by me. I have had a couple of other options. This one fits much more."

Been checking out the quality of the players' wives, Alan?

Kylie_Tracey
29-11-2017, 08:14 PM
I don`t think they will get the bounce - haven`t got the quality of players Toons and we had.

I think they'll get a bit of a bonce, Chadli,Rodriguez,Rondon and Kanu can all play a bit, but I dont see him being the saviour they think he will be.

Pub Idol
29-11-2017, 08:33 PM
I think they'll get a bit of a bonce, Chadli,Rodriguez,Rondon and Kanu can all play a bit, but I dont see him being the saviour they think he will be.

He got in trouble last time he did that to a Hull player.

BillyTKid
29-11-2017, 09:02 PM

PeterH
30-11-2017, 02:52 AM
I think it is better we play them now rather than in two or three games time. Been a lot of turmoil there recently, and we have sorted ourselves out.

orp pisshead1
30-11-2017, 08:01 AM
Will be interesting to see how he does there. Can't imagine the Baggies fans being too excited.

I’ll let you know later as will be speaking to a few family members ahead of meeting up Saturday:p.

Johnnieboy
30-11-2017, 08:06 AM
"My best teams play on the front foot and put teams under pressure. They sometimes get a bloody nose in doing that. That's what I'll deliver at West Brom."

Looking forward to the Swansea game then Alan...

Spindle
30-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Expect more of the same :jerkit:

'My best teams play on the front foot and put teams under pressure. They sometimes get a bloody nose in doing that. That's what I'll deliver at West Brom.

EDIT, beaten to it :D

Spindle
30-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Alan, it's a Black Friday special for you

https://platform-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/photos/players/250x250/p49438.png

Golf Boy
30-11-2017, 09:33 AM
His success came both at Toon and with us of keeping it very tight and player talent on the break. As soon as he thought he should ‘go on the front foot’ it went pear shaped - doesn’t he see what is happening in front of him?

bigend1
30-11-2017, 09:38 AM
"My best teams play on the front foot and put teams under pressure. They sometimes get a bloody nose in doing that. That's what I'll deliver at West Brom."

Looking forward to the Swansea game then Alan...

Suits us to play that far more than a pulis team. Unless we pass it around the back again and get our selves in trouble. Quick breaks and we’ll smash em! Maybe

Spindle
30-11-2017, 09:38 AM

His ego is just enormous. Narcissistic twat.

Selhurst Celtic
30-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Putting his balls in danger in the west midlands. Just in time for the Christmas do as well.

gilesy14
30-11-2017, 09:48 AM
He'll last 18-24 months. It'll be a classic Pardew scenario - inherits a team with a well drilled defence & solid spine, as at Newcastle & West Brom. After initial success, he'll slowly go about dismantling the squad, seeing off popular players & big characters in the dressing room - replacing them with over priced dross who don't challenge his ego.

All the best Alan. You absolute chancer.

pallet
30-11-2017, 10:15 AM
He'll last 18-24 months. It'll be a class Pardew scenario - inherits a team with a well drilled defence & solid spine, as at Newcastle & West Brom. After initial success, he'll slowly go about dismantling the squad, seeing off popular players & big characters in the dressing room - replacing them with over priced dross who don't challenge his ego.

100% spot on.

Zulu84
30-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Clearly by everything he has said in the press he has learned nothing from his experience at Palace. The bloke has zero ability for introspection.

swissroll
30-11-2017, 12:51 PM
He's lucky that just as at Palace he is inheriting an exceptionally fit, well drilled squad (well Pulis did the preseason before Warnock) who just want to be let off the leash a bit. They will do well until next season when the lack of preseason and fitness will bite them in the rear as the months go by

Palace121
30-11-2017, 12:55 PM
No matter how well he does, we're blatantly going to turn in to Toon fans.

Palace Bear
30-11-2017, 01:28 PM
No matter how well he does, we're blatantly going to turn in to Toon fans.

We already did before he left.

Palace121
30-11-2017, 02:19 PM

That's true. I don't hold as much of a grudge as most Palace fans seem to. He did a great job at first and yes, it all went horribly wrong and whilst he is the most egotistical man in football, I think he holds Palace close to his heart and would have loved to succeed here.

Thanet Eagle
30-11-2017, 02:23 PM
He'll last 18-24 months. It'll be a classic Pardew scenario - inherits a team with a well drilled defence & solid spine, as at Newcastle & West Brom. After initial success, he'll slowly go about dismantling the squad, seeing off popular players & big characters in the dressing room - replacing them with over priced dross who don't challenge his ego.

Nail. Head.

Simmo the Elder
30-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Clearly by everything he has said in the press he has learned nothing from his experience at Palace. The bloke has zero ability for introspection.

Very well put

He gets newly inherited dressing rooms up on a pedestal for a bit...we need to be very tight and be aggressive and measured in the first 65 mins....maybe we should put TFM in the midfield just to add some extra steel and also presence for when defending a corner

stevek
30-11-2017, 03:13 PM

Agreed. I think he had the potential to be a really top manager, but his inability to learn from his mistakes (or even accept he makes any) has prevented him from becoming one.

cockles
30-11-2017, 09:39 PM
I read his full presser.

He's claimed:
* not given enough time at Palace to put things right
* took credit for Wilf and Yannick
* thinks he freed up Palace to play better and will do the same for WBA

Some excellent posts earlier already say it... (WBA may improve initially before a plunge sometime next season)

jimmy the gent
30-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Not sure if having the inside track on half our first team is balanced off with their desire to perform against him or not. Would imagine it's not, as ultimately we'll be up for it come what may. Quite wary of a defeat now he's there tbh.

in-exile
30-11-2017, 10:07 PM
Agreed. I think he had the potential to be a really top manager, but his inability to learn from his mistakes (or even accept he makes any) has prevented him from becoming one.
Top manager! :D Hahahaha! Hahahahaha! Hahahahaha! :moo:

in-exile
30-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Hahahahaha..

in-exile
30-11-2017, 10:10 PM
If Jedinak bumps into him in town there's only one winner!

greybot
30-11-2017, 10:48 PM
:D

NOQVzvStclM

Wolfnipplechips
30-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Ironically this bloke ^^^ has an even bigger ego then Pardew.

Zohar's Penalty
30-11-2017, 11:19 PM
Ironically this bloke ^^^ has an even bigger ego then Pardew.

Indeed. Horrible fat ****, always having a dig at Palace too.

jimmy the gent
30-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Can't stand the bellowing twat. Not remotely funny. Would lay odds he's a tricky c*nt in real life. Get the feeling he'd be the sort to stitch up a business partner or the like.

Zohar's Penalty
30-11-2017, 11:31 PM
Can't stand the bellowing twat. Not remotely funny. Would lay odds he's a tricky c*nt in real life. Get the feeling he'd be the sort to stitch up a business partner or the like.

They don’t have businesses in Newcastle. All the mines shut down and they’ve only replaced them with a big statue with Aeroplane wings.

danpalace07
01-12-2017, 01:41 AM
I wish him the very worst of luck. Deserved more time my arse, should have gone 2 months earlier. At least the baggies know the score with him already

I beg we beat him

elgin eagle
01-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Can't decide if we have more or less chance of getting something from West Brom away now Pulis has been sacked and replaced with Pardew.

Bones14
01-12-2017, 06:03 AM
Blokes an A Grade cock.

KingClinton
01-12-2017, 06:31 AM
You just know they are gonna stuff us tomorrow now.
He'll keep them up this season but half way through next season the baggies fans will start too fall out of love with football after witnessing the spine of their team ripped apart and sold with no real adequate replacements.
On occassaions they may actually witness a decent game of football from their team upon whereby they score 3 eg away from home. Only to inevitably lose 4-3.
They will see some of the most confusing substitutions ever made at their club & they will see some of the most bewildering tactical decisions also.
He will ultimately get them to the semi's of the carabao cup whereby the mighty substitution of the worst player all season comes on and scores the first goal - que a moonwalk and several hip thrusts from Pards. Unfortunately as they will see this will signal the demise of Pardiola where he's ultimately sacked and the baggies are crying out for a saviour to stop the rot.
Stick a fiver on uncle Roy/big Sam for wba 2019

Golf Boy
01-12-2017, 06:37 AM

Everything the toons said was true.

EaglesSnapBack
01-12-2017, 06:38 AM
I'm sorry WBA :( I feel for you!

orp pisshead1
01-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Alan, it's a Black Friday special for you

https://platform-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/photos/players/250x250/p49438.png

Haha superb :p buy one get one( Lee/Sako) free.

orp pisshead1
01-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Pardew or the toon fan?.

orp pisshead1
01-12-2017, 08:51 AM
Luke warm is the response from family and baggies imo certainly won’t warm to him. Told my cousin enjoy this season :).

orp pisshead1
01-12-2017, 08:52 AM
You just know he’ll get off to a win tomorrow:(. Though gut feeling is Late winner for us.

GreatGonzo
01-12-2017, 08:57 AM
Only first game he has lost was his first at Reading in 1999!

Since then he has never lost his opening game with a new club.

Lets hope that changes.

sherstonpalace
01-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Only first game he has lost was his first at Reading in 1999!

Since then he has never lost his opening game with a new club.

Lets hope that changes.

Then again, his first match in charge of us was against the mighty Dover!

elgin eagle
01-12-2017, 09:28 AM
He cant really complain about not being given enough time to turn it round at Palace. I'm all for giving them time, even to the point of relegation if they inherit a mess, but after an amazing 12 months he bought and sold the wrong players.. He was given more than enough time.. Feel much more confident with Roy Hodgson tbh. Think we will win tomorrow.

GreatGonzo
01-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Then again, his first match in charge of us was against the mighty Dover!

Should have said League game.

His first was when we came from behind to beat Spurs!

Celestial Empire
01-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Can't decide if we have more or less chance of getting something from West Brom away now Pulis has been sacked and replaced with Pardew.

Pulis would have got them up to face his pet hate. It's pretty clear he was angling to be fired (not that he had lost his touch).
They have some decent attacking players, good GK and well-drilled defence (and quite a few thugs). We will need to score some goals and dominate midfield to get anything out of this one.

sherstonpalace
01-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Should have said League game.

His first was when we came from behind to beat Spurs!

Absolutely right. I'm trying not to think about the Spurs performance in advance of tomorrow!

Far East Eagle
01-12-2017, 11:38 AM
We will obviously lose tomorrow and Pards will be smug as **** in the post match interviews. He's not a man that does being gracious well

Sureagle
01-12-2017, 04:17 PM
In his press conference today he says about Palace ... " he brought in most of the players into the club ..so it will be strange".

From what i can see ..of our current starting 11 .. he only "brought" in Cabaye, Townsend and Benteke. That is hardly "most of our players". Another example of how deluded Pardew is.

firesign
01-12-2017, 07:22 PM
I like Pardew. There, I said it.

Lee sinnots ear
01-12-2017, 07:22 PM

Absolutely on the money a great summation of this fraud:lux:

Just ask Troy Townsend what he got up to at the club!!!! F***ed up Andros, sold Muzza , Jedders and pissed off the rest!

Hedgehog
02-12-2017, 03:25 AM
Is it me, or is his accent more South London than ever?

Should piss them Brummies off!

bubbs11
02-12-2017, 04:59 AM
He cant really complain about not being given enough time to turn it round at Palace. I'm all for giving them time, even to the point of relegation if they inherit a mess, but after an amazing 12 months he bought and sold the wrong players.. He was given more than enough time.. Feel much more confident with Roy Hodgson tbh. Think we will win tomorrow.

For me his signings worried me more than the year long poor form. Think that's why Parish pulled the trigger before last January as he knew he couldn't let him loose with another window - the damage may well have been irreversible.

Even his two marquee signings: Cabaye and Benteke, who have most definitely contributed, I believe we could've uesd the fee and wages for those two with better affect. Two or more players that weren't technically as good but fitted more with our ethos. Both signings were ego led and have always made me feel uncomfortable.

Les Butler
02-12-2017, 05:14 AM
Don't care what he says now he is an oppo manager feck him now...

Golf Boy
02-12-2017, 07:08 AM
I like Pardew. There, I said it.

Nurse!

cappuccinoeagle
02-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Loves himself,Chocolado Pardew

cockles
02-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Now had a shave.

dave_who_ru
02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Lock up your (grand)mothers, daughters, WAGS and anything else with a pulse, West Bromwich.

When he said need to get my flag up the pole I wondered whether any of the players has a Polish girlfriend or wife.

AddoWolz
02-12-2017, 05:12 PM
All managers live and die by the signings they make , Pardew makes awful signings, letting Gayle go and signing Mutch for 5m is awful business, he's a knob and will eventually drag WBA down.

Spindle
02-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Pardew said of today's encounter

....he said they "bossed" against the club that sacked him last Christmas after a poor run of form.

:jerkit:

Mr Palace
02-12-2017, 08:22 PM
He's a deluded twat.

Shipp Ahoy!
02-12-2017, 09:01 PM
They did boss it against the club that sacked him the other year, in his first game.

Give it a year and once the Pardew influence us in effect we would probably have smashed them 7-3

norwoodeagle
02-12-2017, 09:30 PM
And we will relegate WBA when we beat them at Selhurst last game of the season.

PHIL BARBER
02-12-2017, 10:32 PM
Slimey C......NT Watch out WBA lock up your Wives..........

Golf Boy
02-12-2017, 10:34 PM
And we will relegate WBA when we beat them at Selhurst last game of the season.

As long as we aren`t in the mix then. I couldn`t bear that **** sending us down.

JDawg
03-12-2017, 07:25 PM
That's true. I don't hold as much of a grudge as most Palace fans seem to. He did a great job at first and yes, it all went horribly wrong and whilst he is the most egotistical man in football, I think he holds Palace close to his heart and would have loved to succeed here.

He does love himself, this is true and four years under Ashley shows he is a master of managing upwards. If he is the most egotistical man in football, Allardyce ran him a close second in his post match interview yesterday. But then PL managers aren't noted for their lack of ego.

Whether he holds Palace close to his heart, who knows. Any pain would have been dulled by a rather nice payoff; he's had a year off to recharge the batteries and he's back on the multi-million pound merry-go-round a year later.

As Big Ron rather eloquently put it when he left Villa. He felt he was one good sacking away from retirement.

adrenalin john
03-12-2017, 07:44 PM
He does love himself, this is true and four years under Ashley shows he is a master of managing upwards. If he is the most egotistical man in football, Allardyce ran him a close second in his post match interview yesterday. But then PL managers aren't noted for their lack of ego.

Whether he holds Palace close to his heart, who knows. Any pain would have been dulled by a rather nice payoff; he's had a year off to recharge the batteries and he's back on the multi-million pound merry-go-round a year later.

As Big Ron rather eloquently put it when he left Villa. He felt he was one good sacking away from retirement.

All true. He did well for us for 12 months, signed some good players, and some dross. Overall he did OK, but he had to go when he had to go.

Don't dislike him that much, but am far happier with Hodgson, far happier.

alexcpfc
03-12-2017, 07:49 PM
I read his full presser.

He's claimed:
* not given enough time at Palace to put things right
* took credit for Wilf and Yannick
* thinks he freed up Palace to play better and will do the same for WBA

Some excellent posts earlier already say it... (WBA may improve initially before a plunge sometime next season)

Deluded man.

• How much time did he want? Our record for the calendar year of 2016 was abysmal.

•Wilf And Yannick were already good players all he did was massage their egos as well as his own.

•Freed us up to play better ? I doubt it it very much we just played on the counter and destroyed teams with our pace - he used Pulis foundation of a fit squad which he clearly didn’t continue.

It was unforgivable the mess he put us in last season - we all could clearly see the players weren’t fit - he was stealing a living after he got us to the cup final.

Reg_Maudling
06-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Might be for the best overall if swansea beat west brom

aj4england
06-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Might be for the best overall if swansea beat west brom

Especially if it means it stops Pulis going there as manager before we play them

aj4england
06-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Swansea West Brom
Palace Bournemouth
Huddersfield Brighton

A massive massive saturday for teams who i expect to make up 6 of the bottom 8 places.

PeterH
06-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Bullard detests the man. Check the podcast featuring Salko and a few other podcasts on Magic Sponge. Absolutely detests him.

Lots of references calling him chocolate which apparantly means he loves himself.

beef
06-12-2017, 09:49 PM
I'm just amazed he got a premier league job after the mess he left here. It looked like he was struggling to find Championship work before going down the pundit route.

Reg_Maudling
06-12-2017, 09:52 PM
He was a terrible pundit wasn't he surprise surprise

"They weren't quite at it"

PeterH
06-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Took him a year. And there really wasnt anybody else to employ for WBA.

I hope he fecks up his last chance as much as he fecked up our fitness and squad.

EdMan
06-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Good luck to him I say. He's not likely to ever work at Palace again. And he very nearly got us the FA Cup. I certainly don't hold his managerial limitations against him.

EdMan
06-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Having said that, wouldn't it be funny if him, Allardyce and Pulis took WBA, Everton and Swansea down at the end of the season...

DARZET EAGLE
06-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Having said that, wouldn't it be funny if him, Allardyce and Pulis took WBA, Everton and Swansea down at the end of the season...

Interesting but highly unlikely.

Zohar's Penalty
07-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Interesting but highly unlikely.

I can really see West Brom struggling if Pards doesn’t get off to a flying start. When things are going wrong he can’t change this and turn it around. Hence why his career is so streaky.

DARZET EAGLE
07-12-2017, 01:30 PM
I can really see West Brom struggling if Pards doesn’t get off to a flying start. When things are going wrong he can’t change this and turn it around. Hence why his career is so streaky.

Yes I agree but to reiterate I can't see all three being relegated.

Reg_Maudling
11-12-2017, 10:57 PM
No super Al bounce so far

Reg_Maudling
23-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Not looking good for super al

CamberleyEagle
23-12-2017, 05:45 PM
And just wait until their fitness levels drop off. Gonna be carnage.

Not looking good for super al