PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: Bristol City (Away - Carabao Cup )

Shipp Ahoy!
23-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Surprised no one has started this yet.

Torn, a win would put us into the latter stages and perhaps build some confidence. Then again a trip all the way to Bristol a few days before an important 6 pointer against West Ham...

Mix and match team again perhaps? Wouldn't be surprised to see a fairly strong line up and the likes of Wilf on the bench.

Hennessey

TFM - Tomkins - Delaney - Souare

Reideweld

KaiKai - RLC - Chungy

Ladapo - Sako

Subs: Speroni, Kelly and then 5 from: PVA/Schlupp, Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Townsend, Wilf

Shipp Ahoy!
23-10-2017, 10:24 AM
double post

DARZET EAGLE
23-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Hopefully we will field some of our youngsters again and Lapado to see how he fares in front of goal. We will have experienced players in the squad, it would be good to progress in the competition, but Bristol will look to bounce back after their 3-0 drubbing by Leeds on Saturday.

aj4england
23-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Hennessey

TFM
Tomkins
Kelly
Souare

Ridewald
Puncheon
RLC

KaiKai
Sako
Schlupp

Great Lombardi
23-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Would like to see Lumeka given a run out.

MFBias
23-10-2017, 10:38 AM

Was he any better than Kaikai, or just something different and unknown?

Sp1Eagle
23-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Surprised no one has started this yet.

Torn, a win would put us into the latter stages and perhaps build some confidence. Then again a trip all the way to Bristol a few days before an important 6 pointer against West Ham...

Mix and match team again perhaps? Wouldn't be surprised to see a fairly strong line up and the likes of Wilf on the bench.

Roy after the Newcastle game:

There’s lots of situations where people are crying out for a game, and it would be wrong of me not to give them a chance to show what they can do.

We’ll have a strong team I’m hoping, we’ll go there trying to win.

It’s not a case of not caring about it.

We have no reason to start protecting ourselves, more a question of getting one or two players a chance.

Maybe RLC and Fosu-Mensah might play seeing as neither have started in the last 2 games.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 10:41 AM

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Hennessey

TFM - Tomkins - Delaney - Souare

Reideweld

KaiKai - RLC - Chungy

Ladapo - Sako

Subs: Speroni, Kelly and then 5 from: PVA/Schlupp, Cabaye, Luka, McArthur, Townsend, Wilf

Punch in for Chungy and thatís the team for me.

mushroom
23-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Jules

Ward
Kelly
Delaney
Papa

Punch
Reideweld
Chungy

Kai-Kai
Sako
Lokilo

Gazpacho
23-10-2017, 10:52 AM
U23's playing today ( Monday ) so that will help confirm which youngsters will be involved tomorrow evening at Bristol - if any.

MFBias
23-10-2017, 10:58 AM
We should play a 2nd string, so that we are fully fresh for West Ham and that our reserves have match fitness and competition for the first team.

I would keep Speroni in goal though as to give him gametime if we are going to continue him as number 1.

Hodgson clearly doesnt rate Ladapo as he isnt even on the bench when we dont have a striker in the starting line up, I would then therefore keep the same tactic off using our wingers as forwards. Has Hodgson created a new position/tactics, or is this just deploying two 'Wide Forwards'?

Sp1Eagle
23-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Playing for the U23's today so doubt he will play tomorrow.

Shoreditch CPFC
23-10-2017, 11:08 AM
U23's playing today ( Monday ) so that will help confirm which youngsters will be involved tomorrow evening at Bristol - if any.

I guess Souare, Lumeka and Lokilo all won't be involved then https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM0VCIlW0AAaC_L.jpg:large

Sp1Eagle
23-10-2017, 11:09 AM

BalpEU-HpSR

Mr Palace
23-10-2017, 11:10 AM
I'd go with a reasonably strong team as we need to get in the habit of scoring goals and winning games again. But I don't think we much choice but to rest the likes of Zaha, Townsend, Cabaye etc. Another defeat won't do our confidence any good - even if it's our reserves.

-------------------------Speroni-----------------------

TFM------------Tomkins---------Kelly-----------Souare

----------McArthur---Riedewald----Puncheon--------

----------KaiKai--------RLC--------Sako

Subs: Hennessey, Ward, Delaney, Lee, Schlupp, Loliko, Lumeka,

aj4england
23-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Souare playing today means either Kelly at left back or PVA/Schlupp to play at LB.

switchboard
23-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Speroni

Soare
Dann
Sakho
Ward

Rideweld
Puncheon
McArthur
RLC

KaiKai
Chungy

Shipp Ahoy!
23-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Punch in for Chungy and thatís the team for me.

I'd forgotten all about him :D

Nigelbrag
23-10-2017, 11:25 AM
I'd go with a reasonably strong team as we need to get in the habit of scoring goals and winning games again. But I don't think we much choice but to rest the likes of Zaha, Townsend, Cabaye etc. Another defeat won't do our confidence any good - even if it's our reserves.

Hard to disagree with this as a starting lineup, only that if Souare is playing this afternoon then i can't see us risking him starting tomorrow. The other possibility i would like to see is RLC in the "hole" so as to protect him from the "cruncher" defenders with maybe give Ladappo the opportunity to show what he can do especially at this easier level and if all goes well we then have an alternative genuine striker to call on, and he alongside Sako in a 4-3-1-2 to give us more punch to get a result.

Mr Palace
23-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Hard to disagree with this as a starting lineup, only that if Souare is playing this afternoon then i can't see us risking him starting tomorrow. The other possibility i would like to see is RLC in the "hole" so as to protect him from the "cruncher" defenders with maybe give Ladappo the opportunity to show what he can do especially at this easier level and if all goes well we then have an alternative genuine striker to call on, and he alongside Sako in a 4-3-1-2 to give us more punch to get a result.

Agreed - and that's probably RLC's best position too.

Ladapo is a funny one as you'd have thought he would be given a chance but clearly Roy doesn't rate him.

Gazpacho
23-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Hennessey
TFM, Tomkins, Delaney, Kelly
Puncheon, RLC, Reidewald,
Lee, Mutch, Sako

Subs : Speroni, Ladapo, McArthur, Ward, KaiKai, Dann, Schlupp.

After Newcastle, if whole squad to get a game, possibly something like this for the team?

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Please don't call them bristol
Rovers are the better club in that city

penguin7
23-10-2017, 12:10 PM
I doubt if anyone who started on Saturday will start tomorrow. Todays U23 team appears to rule out Souare and a few of the youngsters.

So the defense will be from Kelly/Delaney/TFM/Tomkins/Riedewald with LB the hardest to call. Though Riedewald may be preferred at DM.

Up front so few choices may mean Ladapo starts, probably better than Sako out of position, leaving him, Chungy and Kaikai as wide options.

Puncheon may have to take responsibility in central midfield with RLC in front of him {RLC probably would not play 90 mins)

.................................Speroni

Tomkins........... TFM .................Delaney...............Kelly

............... Riedewald....................Puncheon

Sako............................RLC............... ............Kaikai

................................Ladapo

glaziers fan
23-10-2017, 12:18 PM
--------------------Hennessey------------------------------
TFM--------Tomkins------------Delaney------------Schlupp
CYL---------Puncheon---------Riedewald----------Sako
----------------RLC--------------Ladapo------------------------

Subs:

Speroni
Kelly
McArthur
Milivojevic
Townsend
Lumeka
Kai-kai

I wouldn't give any of the starters against West Ham a game, apart from RLC who needs game time; however, I'd look to play as strong a team as possible. Hopefully some of these lads can put some pressure on the current guys.

Danny_Cheviot
23-10-2017, 12:38 PM
-------------------------Hennessey-----------------------

------TFM------------Tomkins---------Delaney-----------Kelly

------McArthur------Riedewald----Puncheon--------Chungy

---------------------KaiKai--------Sako-------

jmemour
23-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Going to this and hoping that shithouses like Chung-Yong Lee and Mutch are nowhere near the squad.

CharlieCPFC
23-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Hennessey
TFM Tomkins Kelly Schlupp
Riedewald Puncheon
Kaikai RLC Sako
Ladapo

Terrace Bickle
23-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Souare playing today means either Kelly at left back or PVA/Schlupp to play at LB.
PVA needs all the practice he can get.

9Freedman9
23-10-2017, 01:04 PM
BalpEU-HpSR

Had to laugh when I saw someone comment 'Been looking forward to this one for a while'

OriginalNutter
23-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Going to this and hoping that shithouses like Chung-Yong Lee and Mutch are nowhere near the squad.

Me too..

Hector
23-10-2017, 01:47 PM
I'll be surprised if RLC plays with West Ham saturday

AddoWolz
23-10-2017, 02:22 PM
......................Speroni
TFM. .......Tomkins. ..Delaney. ....Kelly

.....Riedewald. ...Puncheon. ...Chungy
.....................Loftus-Cheek

.............Ladapo. .........Sako

Tristanjt
23-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Reading the pre match comments, it seems pretty certain that Old Speckled, Kelly and Tomkins will start. I think we'll see Kaikai as well, maybe Ladapo. Would be good to see Schlupp, RLC and Timbo feature, Jairo should be starting in midfield too. I think a pretty strong bench is need. My combination of what I want and what I expect is:

Hennessey

Fosu-Mensah - Kelly - Tomkins - Schlupp

RLC - Lee - Jairo - Punch - Kaikai

Sako

Subs (something like): Speroni, Dann, Damo, Luka, Andros, Wilf, Ladapo

Perhaps one of the last three on the bench swapped for Mac or Yo.

In theory that should be enough, but we're cursed at Ashton Gate and the lack of game time for some players will mean they're slow off the mark. That said, City will have one eye on their trip away to Sunderland on Saturday, so I think they'll rest too.

Banger
23-10-2017, 05:08 PM
I would play Zaha. Needs game time.

Speroni
TFM
Kelly
Tomkins
PVA
Jairo
RLC
Punch
Zaha
Ladapo
Sako

Subs
Dann
Hennessey
Mcarthur
KaiKai
Luca
Mutch

andyocpfc
23-10-2017, 09:03 PM
They donít really like us it would seem....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189704-our-rivalry-with-palace/

Spindle
23-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Yes they've gone a bit Brighton since they bought a new stand or two. Have a look at Google maps to still see the utter dump that Ashton gate was. They've already forgotten their roots. You should hear them go on about the place as if they fill it. It's 8-10k of empty seats every week.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/bristol-city-v-crystal-palace-27-august-2013-305012/

Check out our squad when we last played them. Awful.

Good Shipp
23-10-2017, 09:46 PM

I remember been at a Bristol City game a few years ago when I was over there with a few friends. Around 2011 I'd say. They beat Barsnley 5-3 on the night and Keith Millen was in charge at the time. At the end they gave the Championship full time scores and I vividly remember a couple of fans cheering and shouting 'yes!' when our defeat was announced amongst the scores. I can't remember who we were playing but I do remember thinking that our result had no impact on Bristol City whatsoever as neither us nor Bristol were doing anything that season. So yeah it seems we are not their favourites which is odd considering it is us who have suffered at their hands in recent years rather than the other way around. Maybe they are annoyed at our swoop for Bolasie! Or maybe it even relates to when we signed Carle who I recall was very popular there even though he never really excelled for us afterwards.

cappuccinoeagle
23-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Please don't call them bristol
Rovers are the better club in that city
Agree,got a soft spot for Rovers with their blue and white squared shirts and back in the day when Smash And Grab played up front.

Dobbo
23-10-2017, 10:28 PM
“We don’t have an enormous amount of midweek games, and once we’re out of this cup we won’t have any more until we perhaps play in the FA Cup, so we have no reason to protect ourselves."

Not portraying a great deal of confidence in our ability to progress further in this competition then Woy !

aj4england
23-10-2017, 10:40 PM
More Roy negativity

Son of Coveta
23-10-2017, 10:42 PM
I remember being in the Arthur i think in 2008 when we were very close to getting overrun by City the stewards did an amazing job that day. A few of us stayed to hold our ground the rest legged it as we had bottles and coins raining in on us. I hate this mob and looking back the few of us that stayed were extremely lucky that the stewards just about held them back.

New LP
23-10-2017, 10:49 PM
I remember been at a Bristol City game a few years ago when I was over there with a few friends. Around 2011 I'd say. They beat Barsnley 5-3 on the night and Keith Millen was in charge at the time. At the end they gave the Championship full time scores and I vividly remember a couple of fans cheering and shouting 'yes!' when our defeat was announced amongst the scores. I can't remember who we were playing but I do remember thinking that our result had no impact on Bristol City whatsoever as neither us nor Bristol were doing anything that season. So yeah it seems we are not their favourites which is odd considering it is us who have suffered at their hands in recent years rather than the other way around. Maybe they are annoyed at our swoop for Bolasie! Or maybe it even relates to when we signed Carle who I recall was very popular there even though he never really excelled for us afterwards.

They were one of those tinpot teams we had a few grudge matches with for a bit. See also QPR. Although they generally seemed to have the better of them. The Play off semi and ghost goal game being an example.

aashman12
24-10-2017, 06:35 AM

How does that line up scoring goals do anything for our league side? Unless you think that's a premier league side

Spindle
24-10-2017, 10:46 AM
ďWe donít have an enormous amount of midweek games, and once weíre out of this cup we wonít have any more until we perhaps play in the FA Cup, so we have no reason to protect ourselves."

Not portraying a great deal of confidence in our ability to progress further in this competition then Woy !

He means that we aren't busy midweek so no real reason to rest players at this time

cdm61
24-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Lets hope if he takes a risk and plays Wilf he isn't injured...

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 11:48 AM
How does that line up scoring goals do anything for our league side? Unless you think that's a premier league side

Well, we don't have much choice but to rest zaha and Townsend as we have no other realistic forwards to call on for West Ham. But I still think playing a decent team and getting a win will help confidence wise. Another defeat to lower league opposition will be a further downer going into Saturday.

If we weren't in such a ridiculous situation of having no fuxking strikers in the squad, I would suggest playing our best team, get a win and build momentum. But as we all know we shit the bed this summer and now have no options.

aashman12
24-10-2017, 11:57 AM
Agreed - and that's probably RLC's best position too.

Ladapo is a funny one as you'd have thought he would be given a chance but clearly Roy doesn't rate him.

Not that funny. We got him from Margate. He was never going to be the answer

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Not that funny. We got him from Margate. He was never going to be the answer

If this is the case, and I think you're probably right, it begs the question why we gave him a place in the squad. It really is unbelievable. We went with a 24 man squad and two of those were long term injuries (wickham and Souare); one was never likely to play (Ladapo); and one is utterly useless (Mutch). We really haven't given ourselves much of a chance.

Mad Raschic Ken
24-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Speroni

Fosu-Mensah
Tomkins
Kelly
Souare

Lee
Riedewald
Loftus-Cheek
Puncheon

Ladapo
Kaikai

Maiden Eagle
24-10-2017, 12:46 PM
They don’t really like us it would seem....

Don't really care what they think of us, but looking at those set of results at Ashton Gate in the last 10 years, is there really a bigger jinx ground for us ?
Obviously I remember the 95th minute goal of there's, the play off game and the 'ghost' goal, but I forgot the late, late equalisier in what must of been one of Burley's last games and the 2-2, when we were cruising. Also, we lost narrowly to them at the end of 2008, when we had been on a really good run under Warnock and after that game, our form went down the toilet.
I noticed a couple of them said we were wierdos, but rather that than being a bunch of inbred pikeys !!

jimmy the gent
24-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Bristol City are a good side, and in fine form. Think some people are underestimating them on here.

jaspercpfc
24-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Yohan definitely won't be involved tonight, he's taken his girls out to a Halloween themed activity centre.

Scoot
24-10-2017, 02:14 PM

Weird bunch

CharlieCPFC
24-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Why do I get a sense of jealousy amongst the Inbreds?

in-exile
24-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Bristol City are a good side, and in fine form. Think some people are underestimating them on here.No they are ***** and we will smash them.

wawman_15
24-10-2017, 02:48 PM
I got a feeling tonight is the night we see a Jason Puncheon goal

Johnny Byrne
24-10-2017, 03:48 PM
... really? Punch scoring?

gilesy14
24-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Hennessey
TFM-Kelly-Tomkins-PvA
Riedewald-Punch
CYL-RLC-Kaikai
Sako

Crunchie
24-10-2017, 05:12 PM
Would like to see how RLC would get on upfront.

adrenalin john
24-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Would like to see how RLC would get on upfront.

Me too. And to play some minutes with Wilf and Andros.

Braders
24-10-2017, 05:42 PM
I honestly do not care what Bristol City think of us and considering how thread bare and important Saturday is, hope we rest all that are due to play on Sat - perhaps give a centre forward (RLC in that role or FL) a chance.

Shit cup and waste of time, never going to win it.

9Freedman9
24-10-2017, 05:58 PM
They're an odd bunch, must be because they don't know if they're Welsh or English. Welsh *****.

cantspell
24-10-2017, 06:07 PM
They're an odd bunch, must be because they don't know if they're Welsh or English. Welsh *****.

I've to say the few Bristol City fans I have met today have been great one showed me a place to park the other showed me to the ground - excellent service

jimmy the gent
24-10-2017, 06:38 PM
I got a feeling tonight is the night we see a Jason Puncheon goal

You've been posting this every game for 15 months, havent you?

TC EAGLE
24-10-2017, 07:18 PM
PVA you twat