PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Team and Formation For: West Ham (home)

glaziers fan
23-10-2017, 12:28 PM
----------------------Speroni----------------------------------
Ward----------Dann---------------Sakho--------Schlupp
Townsend---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic-------RLC
----------------Sako---------------Zaha----------------

Mr Palace
23-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I think we need to be bolder at home against a struggling West Ham who won't attack us like Chelsea did. I'd go 4-3-3 with zaha and Townsend either side of RLC who has the physical attributes to function as a No 9.

I'd have cabaye, Luka and McArthur in midfield, with Schlupp instead of PvA at left back.

I'd also be tempted to play TFM over Ward but I can see that is a tricky choice for Hodgson.

9Freedman9
23-10-2017, 01:02 PM
I think I'd be inclined to have Ward at LB with TFM playing RB, don't trust Schlupp or PVA to be anywhere near the team at the moment. Not saying Ward is a good LB choice but he can't be any worse than that fraud PVA.

Tristanjt
23-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Ward-------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA
McArthur---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic---------RLC
-------------Townsend-----------Zaha------------------

Subs to follow.

Yeah something like that although I might try and get Schlupp in there - I think we want as much pace as possible as we've got a 24 hour advantage over them and I don't think they're the fittest side in the league too.

Buysakho
23-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Time to give zaha the captains armband

Son of Ron
23-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah something like that although I might try and get Schlupp in there - I think we want as much pace as possible as we've got a 24 hour advantage over them and I don't think they're the fittest side in the league too.

In terms of metres covered and sprints made - they're ranked 20th of all teams in the PL. So suggests we got to play with pace and movement

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, PVA
RLC, Cabaye, Luka, Schlupp
-----Zaha, Townsend

Subs
Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, McArthur, Ladapo, Another

grand aigle
23-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Absolute nonsense!.
It doesnt really matter who plays or is captain, Carroll will be back for them so WILL SCORE.. we on the other hand probably wont score!

Buysakho
23-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Absolute nonsense!.
It doesnt really matter who plays or is captain, Carroll will be back for them so WILL SCORE.. we on the other hand probably wont score!

Bloody hell, why don't we just throw the match. It's not like we won our last home match v the champions is it?!

grand aigle
23-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Bloody hell, why don't we just throw the match. It's not like we won our last home match v the champions is it?!

no we lost v newcastle didnt we?
why make Wilf captain?

AddoWolz
23-10-2017, 02:40 PM
.................Hennessey
TFM. .....Dann. ...Sakho. ......PVA

.......McArthur. ...Luka. ...Cabaye

.......................Loftus-Cheek

..............Townsend. .......Zaha

Buysakho
23-10-2017, 02:44 PM
no we lost v newcastle didnt we?
why make Wilf captain?

Yeh they are on a good run and we were unlucky. Why does that mean we should give up on the West Ham game, such a negative attitude.

grand aigle
23-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeh they are on a good run and we were unlucky. Why does that mean we should give up on the West Ham game, such a negative attitude.

Yeah negative....what have you seen that makes you so positive.....we didnt have one single shot on target...never looked like winning, looked like maybe get a 0-0, .we have NO strikers, one who is uninterested and lazy (Benteke) and one who is permanently injured (Wickham), all the goalkeepers we have are not good enough, yet you wanna make Zaha captain? Why?

Stavros 69
23-10-2017, 09:46 PM
In terms of metres covered and sprints made - they're ranked 20th of all teams in the PL. So suggests we got to play with pace and movement

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, PVA
-----Zaha, Townsend

Subs
This for me.

Frisky
23-10-2017, 10:08 PM
.................Hennessey
TFM. .....Dann. ...Sakho. ......PVA

.......McArthur. ...Luka. ...Cabaye

.......................Loftus-Cheek

..............Townsend. .......Zaha

This for me. Midfield diamond with two attacking fullbacks. Suits that 11 pefectly - and its arguably our best 11 players at the moment.

CPFC.1990
23-10-2017, 10:08 PM

No, Wilf is great but he is no captain. A captain is supposed to be a calming influence...... Wilf spends a lot of time having a moan at refs and oppositions.:D

glaziers fan
24-10-2017, 07:06 AM
No, Wilf is great but he is no captain. A captain is supposed to be a calming influence...... Wilf spends a lot of time having a moan at refs and oppositions.:D

So does Rooney, and he was supposedly a good captain.

glaziers fan
24-10-2017, 07:06 AM

:lux::angel::supergrin:

Worksop Palace
24-10-2017, 07:10 AM

Time for you to **** off back to NStwat

Mad Raschic Ken
Speroni

Ward
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp

McArthur
Milivojevic
Cabaye
Townsend

Loftus-Cheek
Zaha

Subs: Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Van Aanholt, Riedewald, Puncheon, Ladapo, Sako

glaziers fan
Actually tempted to play Dann up front in this one, if only because of their aerial power with Andy Carroll. Maybe I'd go something like:

----------------------Hennessey---------------------------
Ward---------Tomkins----------Sakho------------Schlupp
Townsend-----Cabaye-----------Luka--------------RLC
-----------------Dann-------------Zaha---------------------

More aerial ability to deal with Carroll and their crosses into the box. Plus they will probably sit back, so it would be good for us to have aerial power for set pieces of our own.

JackTheBiscuit
24-10-2017, 07:47 AM

Zero shots on target yet we were unlucky. The delusion of some people is unreal.

bigend1
24-10-2017, 08:11 AM
-----------------------Speroni-------------------------
Ward-------Dann---------------Sakho-------------PVA
McArthur---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic-----Townsend
------------------RLC----------Zaha------------------

Ruben loftus-cheek is coming back in. We need his driving runs through the middle that might give us a presence in the area.

Jimmy has done more to keep his place than schlupp so Townsend goes out to the left in place of him. Schlupp can come on against tired legs when Jimmy gets tired with Townsend going back to the right.

I'm almost tempted to put schlupp at left back and pva to the bench... that might change

Skintagain
24-10-2017, 08:14 AM
Hennessy, I feel that WH would have easily saved the N'castle goal, so for me he's back.

The rest of the defence works ok but with the extra physicality of Carroll I'd like to see Reidewald start as a DM. Then the main problem of strikers starts. Lapado and Sako just aren't up to it, although Sako has some merit as I can't help chuckling when he has the ball. Wilf certainly gave Chelsea something to worry about but I think if you know its going to happen you can mark him out of it. Townsend looks good right across the front but not much threat as a striker. Other suggestions I've seen are try RLC or Dann. Very little inspiration from all of this. RLC, why not.

Hennessy
Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp
Luka Reidewald
Wilf Cabs Townsend
RLC

bigend1
24-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Hennessy, I feel that WH would have easily saved the N'castle goal, so for me he's back.

The rest of the defence works ok but with the extra physicality of Carroll I'd like to see Reidewald start as a DM. Then the main problem of strikers starts. Lapado and Sako just aren't up to it, although Sako has some merit as I can't help chuckling when he has the ball. Wilf certainly gave Chelsea something to worry about but I think if you know its going to happen you can mark him out of it. Townsend looks good right across the front but not much threat as a striker. Other suggestions I've seen are try RLC or Dann. Very little inspiration from all of this. RLC, why not.

Hennessy
Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp
Luka Reidewald
Wilf Cabs Townsend
RLC

Wayne would have only saved that if it hit him in the face! That's not insulting Wayne either... it was a high power deflection from 6/7 yards! It's not a shot you can anticipate like most shots/headers as the path of the ball was away from the goal.... but cannoned back hard.

You are either in the way or not, very very little you can do to save it if you aren't in the right place to from that range, at that power when it's a deflection and could go anywhere

Nigelbrag
24-10-2017, 08:38 AM
This will be a very tough game as BOTH clubs are fighting for their pride in a game that is a Must win for Both clubs certainly for Palace, and surely WH are going to do better that what we saw against Brighton.
As for the team I am sure RLC will be back in possibly the only change, also as we are putting together some understanding in our play it then needs continuity to develop further as constant change wont help the cause.
Again i feel we will play without a true forward line more with WZ and AT playing "wider" but cutting inside making them far more dangerous to mark, and in doing so creating space in allowing Loftus-Cheek to burst through the middle, playing in more in a deep laying Centre Forward role.

-------------------------------------Speroni--------------------------------------------

--------Ward-----------------Dann-----------------Sakho--------------PVA--------------------

-----------------Luca--------------Cabaye---------------McArthur---------------------

---------------------------------Loftus-Cheek---------------------------------------

----------------Townsend-----------------------------Zaha------------------------------

bigend1
24-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Hopefully West Ham players want rid of the manager. Be nice to play a side with a soft under belly

CharlieCPFC
24-10-2017, 09:26 AM
Speroni
Ward Dann Sakho PVA
Cabaye Luka McCarthur
Townsend RLC Zaha

whereEaglesFly
24-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Zero shots on target yet we were unlucky. The delusion of some people is unreal.

Judging a performance on one stat is also quite delusional.

JackTheBiscuit
24-10-2017, 10:03 AM
Judging a performance on one stat is also quite delusional.

one stat - it's the only one that matters. You don't have any efforts on target, you don't score. It's what this game is about. Jesus.:wallbash:

firesign
24-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Hopefully West Ham players want rid of the manager. Be nice to play a side with a soft under belly

Iím 100% sure that Bilic will get sacked if we win.

bigend1
24-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Iím 100% sure that Bilic will get sacked if we win.

Yeah I can't see him staying if we win. Hopefully the players know this and want a new manager. Wouldn't be the first time

whereEaglesFly
24-10-2017, 11:13 AM
one stat - it's the only one that matters. You don't have any efforts on target, you don't score. It's what this game is about. Jesus.:wallbash:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/18/crystal-palace-1-watford-0-hosts-grind-third-win-row-without/

:wallbash::wallbash:

JackTheBiscuit
24-10-2017, 11:56 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/18/crystal-palace-1-watford-0-hosts-grind-third-win-row-without/

:wallbash::wallbash:

Yeah brilliant smartarse. About the only time I have seen that happen in 45 years following this team.

The point is how can you be unlucky when you haven't forced the opposition goalkeeper into a single save.

Against Burnley we were unlucky but that is the only time this season.

whereEaglesFly
24-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Yeah brilliant smartarse. About the only time I have seen that happen in 45 years following this team.

The point is how can you be unlucky when you haven't forced the opposition goalkeeper into a single save.

Shots on target is not the only indicator of how you have played? Is it that tough a concept? If you smash the bar and post 20 times are you not unlucky?

Mad Raschic Ken
24-10-2017, 12:12 PM

I think we were a bit unlucky not to get a 0-0, because it was a lucky goal and they were poor, but you can't say we deserved any more than that. I also don't think it's as simple as saying we need a striker. We hardly create a hatful of chances with or without one. It's not like we were prolific until Benteke got injured.

I think we don't have enough quality in attacking positions unfortunately. Some of our more eye-catching players don't create enough opportunities from the great positions they get into. Cooler heads are required at key moments.

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 12:21 PM
I think we were a bit unlucky not to get a 0-0, because it was a lucky goal and they were poor, but you can't say we deserved any more than that. I also don't think it's as simple as saying we need a striker. We hardly create a hatful of chances with or without one. It's not like we were prolific until Benteke got injured.

I think we don't have enough quality in attacking positions unfortunately. Some of our more eye-catching players don't create enough opportunities from the great positions they get into. Cooler heads are required at key moments.

I think this is right and why we have been crying out for a creative no 10 - ie someone who can connect the midfield and attack more effectively. We haven't had one for a long time now and it would really help us. At the moment all teams need to do to beat us is nullify our wingers. Then we're an easy team to beat, especially at our place.

gilesy14
24-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Speroni
TFM-Tomkins-Sakho-Schlupp
Cabaye-Luka
Townsend-RLC-Sako/Kaikai
Zaha

gilesy14
24-10-2017, 12:28 PM
I can’t believe we’re discussing playing Dann up top as a valid option. Really is a damming indictment of what a shite position we find ourselves in.

Mad Raschic Ken
24-10-2017, 12:31 PM
I think this is right and why we have been crying out for a creative no 10 - ie someone who can connect the midfield and attack more effectively. We haven't had one for a long time now and it would really help us. At the moment all teams need to do to beat us is nullify our wingers. Then we're an easy team to beat, especially at our place.

Completely agree. Basically that was what was missing from the largely successful Allardyce team at the end of last season. It should have been our number one priority in the summer in my opinion.

penguin7
24-10-2017, 12:44 PM
There seemed to be a big difference in attitudes between the last two games. Against Chelsea both Wilf and Andros always ran into the box when the other one had the ball. And all of our midfielders and even our fullbacks tried to make runs in behind the defense.

Against Newcastle, particularly in the second half, there were many times when we had the ball in the centre of the park and all of our advanced players were stationary and marked.

Some of this may have been tiredness, or may have been simply following Roys instructions to keep it tight. Maybe too much energy used trying to win the ball back in their half and not enough using our pace and movement when attacking.

glaziers fan
24-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Surely his name is Ruben Loftus Cheek?

There might not be much in the way of squad depth for crucial positions but IMHO, in order to score the goals to win home games on a consistent basis, quality players in the following positions are required:

1) two wingers - TICK
2) A centre forward - TICK
3) A No10/attacking mid - TICK
4) two attacking pacy full backs - TICK

TFM-----------------------PVA
Andros--------------------Zaha
--------------RLC--------------
------------Benteke------------

We just need to keep them fit.

akinbiyifan
24-10-2017, 01:12 PM
------------------Speroni (c)

TFM--------Dann---------Sakho---------- Schlupp

----------------Milivojević

------------RLC------------- Cabaye

Townsend--------Zaha-----------Puncheon

Subs: Hennessey, James Mc, Sako, PVA, Ward, Kelly, Tompkins

jimmy the gent
24-10-2017, 01:20 PM
Too early for Soure?

Braders
I canít believe weíre discussing playing Dann up top as a valid option. Really is a damming indictment of what a shite position we find ourselves in.

Yep.

RLC is the only option at the minute, as Sako, Ladapo etc are clearly thought as toilet by Roy.

Mad Raschic Ken

There might not be much in the way of squad depth for crucial positions but IMHO, in order to score the goals to win home games on a consistent basis, quality players in the following positions are required:

1) two wingers - TICK

No way is Loftus-Cheek a creative no.10. He's an excellent player, but it's all about power and energy rather than unlocking a defence with a killer ball. He's a modern day Frank Lampard rather than our answer to David Silva!

JackTheBiscuit
24-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Shots on target is not the only indicator of how you have played? Is it that tough a concept? If you smash the bar and post 20 times are you not unlucky?

It's the only thing that matters at the end of the day. And remind me how many times we hit the woodwork on saturday? I can only recall twice this season so far.

As Ken said, we aren't creating enough chances, but for the few we do create there is no-one there to put them away. Nothing about luck - pure incompetence in the transfer window.

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 01:36 PM

1) two wingers - TICK

He's not what I had in mind for that position - I think he's better alongside Luka and running from deep. But I think he could do a better job as a no 10 than anyone else we've got at the moment. It really is slim pickings - our squad isn't very good.

Thefunkymonk
24-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Hennessey

TFM Dann sakho schlupp
Luka cabaye
Townsend RLC zaha
Sako

Nostrils
24-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Hennessey

TFM Dann sakho schlupp
Luka cabaye
Townsend RLC zaha
Sako

Looks so much fitter, must've lost close to a stone.

andyocpfc
24-10-2017, 07:43 PM
No way will PVA be playing Saturday. Heís become a liability. Heís not a defender. If we do insist on playing him then he needs to play as a winger in front of the left back.

carter
24-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Speroni
TFM Dann Sakho Ward
Loftus-Cheek Cabaye Milivojevic
Zaha Sako Townsend

Really don’t we what Schlupp or PVA offer other than brain dead defending and positional play. Never mind the laziness during stints of games

Lordbenny
24-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Watch can’t be dropped after his Chelsea and Newcastle performances.

Beneaglee
24-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Pva is shite Sunderland must be laughing at us

palacelad197o
24-10-2017, 08:57 PM
None of the team that played tonight should be anywhere near the team but the sad fact is they will so here is my team

---------Speroni------------

Ward-- Sakho--- Dann--- Schlupp--

Cabaye---- milo---Mcarthur--Rlc--

------townsend ------zaha

bodger
24-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Well after tonight PVA and WH can not start two of the poorest games i can remember the l/b position is back to being a problem so Ward may well have to go in there.

JS
FM Dann Sakho Ward
Cabaye Luka RLC Schlupp
Wilf AT

Banger
24-10-2017, 09:09 PM
RLC is an interesting one. Tonight made me think he only can play 45 mins. The rumours of him carrying a injury seem viable to me. Reckon he won't start against the irons

bigend1
24-10-2017, 09:26 PM
-----------------------Speroni-------------------------
Ward-------Dann---------------Sakho----------schlupp
McArthur---Cabaye-----------Milivojevic-----Townsend
------------------RLC----------Zaha------------------

Ruben loftus-cheek is coming back in. We need his driving runs through the middle that might give us a presence in the area.

Changed mind. Pva is literally giving away goals almost every game at the moment and not doing enough the rest of the time. Schlupp it is.

bodger
24-10-2017, 10:10 PM
RLC is an interesting one. Tonight made me think he only can play 45 mins. The rumours of him carrying a injury seem viable to me. Reckon he won't start against the irons

Good point lets hope he is not another soft Chelsea player we need fighters.

SuttonExile
24-10-2017, 10:21 PM
Speroni

TFM
Dann
Sakho
Ward - left back

RLC
Milo
Cabaye
Schlupp

Townsend
Wilf

Subs: Tomkins, Jairo, Jimmy Mac, Ladapo, Kelly, Punch, Kaikai

orp pisshead1
25-10-2017, 04:35 AM
No way will PVA be playing Saturday. Heís become a liability. Heís not a defender. If we do insist on playing him then he needs to play as a winger in front of the left back.

I havenít disliked a player as much since Pardew played:D
Heís ******* toilet canít defend canít attack and when he does he bottles it. Flog for a couple of mill in January some mugs will buy him. Hope he never wears the shirt again:veryangry

Ov.
25-10-2017, 05:07 AM
------------------------Speroni----------------------
Ward---------Dann-------------Sakho-------Schlupp
---------------Luka-------------RLC-------------------
Zaha------------------Cabaye--------------Townsend
-------------------------Sako--------------------------

orp pisshead1
25-10-2017, 05:56 AM
---------------Luka-------------RLC-------------------
Zaha------------------Cabaye--------------Townsend
-------------------------Sako--------------------------

Swap RLC & Cabaye around and imo thatís spot on :p

eagle101
25-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Speroni
Ward - Dann - Sakho - Schlupp
Cabaye - Milivojevic
Loftus-Cheek - McArthur
Townsend - Zaha

GreatGonzo
25-10-2017, 08:12 AM
How anyone can suggest RLC is going to have changed Hodgsons selection after last night is surely deluded.

It will be 10 players who did not play last night and PVA gave him a real headache about LB with his performance last night.

FMH57
25-10-2017, 08:13 AM
Speroni
Cabaye - Milivojevic
Loftus-Cheek - McArthur
Townsend - Zaha

Should be the team.
Why people are putting Sako in on the basis of a personal good performance in a 1-4 defeat against a 1/2 reserve Championship side, **** knows. Probably the same people that clamoured for Gayle after Dover, Charlton etc.

andyocpfc
25-10-2017, 08:20 AM
How anyone can suggest RLC is going to have changed Hodgsons selection after last night is surely deluded.

It will be 10 players who did not play last night and PVA gave him a real headache about LB with his performance last night.

I assume the last paragraph is sarcasm GG as itís the easiest decision will ever have to make make by not selecting him on Saturday. He should never be at LB again whilst at the club. I donít dislike the bloke really but heís NOT a defender. If he does play he should play in the left wing side ahead of Pape or Schlupp

st albans
25-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Same team as the last two, with RLC in for PvA, and Schlupp to LB

KungFuCharlie
25-10-2017, 08:55 AM
PvA should be dropped.
RLC should be brought back in, somehow.

Other than that I don't see much to think about.

EagleSE24
25-10-2017, 08:58 AM
PvA should be dropped.
RLC should be brought back in, somehow.

Other than that I don't see much to think about.

Yup. Simple as this.

Schlupp to left-back and RLC into midfield with a license to roam forward and interchange with Wilf and Andros.

WHU will sit back confident in the knowledge that we struggle to break teams down and RLC will give us a bit of physical presence to hold up the ball and bring the forwards/wingers into play.

GreatGonzo
25-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I assume the last paragraph is sarcasm GG as itís the easiest decision will ever have to make make by not selecting him on Saturday. He should never be at LB again whilst at the club. I donít dislike the bloke really but heís NOT a defender. If he does play he should play in the left wing side ahead of Pape or Schlupp

Nope it wasn't sarcasm.

At 19:45 last night i would fully have expected RH to have played PVA at LB on Saturday and Schlupp ahead of him.

2 hours later and i think RH must be questioning how he can possibly do that, but if he brings Schlupp back into defence, who plays wide?

From last night the fair thing to do to all the players would be Schlupp at LB and Sako ahead of him on the left wing and maybe interchanging with Wilf and Andros.

wedgetail
25-10-2017, 09:06 AM
PvA's contribution to the first goal rivals Lee's effort for assist of the season. Tis a pity that neither can do as well at the other end of the pitch.

glaziers fan
25-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Nope it wasn't sarcasm.

At 19:45 last night i would fully have expected RH to have played PVA at LB on Saturday and Schlupp ahead of him.

2 hours later and i think RH must be questioning how he can possibly do that, but if he brings Schlupp back into defence, who plays wide?

From last night the fair thing to do to all the players would be Schlupp at LB and Sako ahead of him on the left wing and maybe interchanging with Wilf and Andros.

I think you're right. On last night's performance Sako deserves a chance ahead of RLC.

glaziers fan
25-10-2017, 09:14 AM
------------------------Speroni----------------------------
Ward---------Dann---------------Sakho-----------Schlupp
McArthur----Cabaye-----------Milivojevic---------Sako
-------------Townsend-------------Zaha--------------------

Think I'd now take a point. It's going to be tough to keep them out.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 10:32 AM
A point is not enough. If we can't beat a very poor West Ham at home then we are done for. Sick of all the excuses. It's time to players finally delivered. West Ham are crap.

wrightchipvcfc
25-10-2017, 10:39 AM
After pva performance at Bristol city don't think Roy can play him so schlupp lb with sako or rlc up top and Zaha back on wing last night showed very little in the fring players to put pressure on starting 11. would rather see youngsters like Coker lokilo or lumeka given chance least there hungry not like some old pros who don't look interested just take there money like mutch ect

SteveyHawking
25-10-2017, 11:21 AM
------------------------Speroni----------------------------
Ward---------Dann---------------Sakho-----------Schlupp
McArthur----Cabaye-----------Milivojevic---------Sako
-------------Townsend-------------Zaha--------------------

Think I'd now take a point. It's going to be tough to keep them out.

I'd say you're spot on there.

Bench: Hennessey, Fosu-Mensah, Tomkins, Van Aanholt, Riedewald, Puncheon, Loftus-Cheek.

Reg_Maudling
25-10-2017, 11:26 AM
Speroni
Cabaye - Milivojevic
Loftus-Cheek - McArthur
Townsend - Zaha

Is the best with what is available

I fear rlc may be a luxury type of player so this lineup with milivojevic cabaye and macarthur gives us protection for him to drift in and out of the game

FMH57
25-10-2017, 12:56 PM
If its 50/50 between Sako and Loftus-Cheek, it would make sense to start Loftus -Cheek.

Read at the weekend that Tammy Abraham needs to start 10 Swansea Premier games before the New Year, i.e. over 50%, otherwise Chelsea can recall him. Apparently Chelsea have this in their loan agreements to ensure the player game time. Probably why Bamford was able to **** off so easily at Xmas .(which suited us anyway!) . Loftus- Cheek so far has only started four.

Hope this has been pointed out to Roy. However whether he gets it, as he clearly didn't understand playing Zaha in meaningless friendlies didn't tie him to England, is a different matter.

The Vicar
25-10-2017, 01:08 PM
Same team as the last two, with RLC in for PvA, and Schlupp to LB

No question.

jamieb73
25-10-2017, 01:19 PM
agree with that above, we have to go for it, moment WHU sniff a panic amongst the ranks at Selhurst we will concede. PVA has to be dropped. Ive just seen the goals again on Sky, first one is an utter joke.

I went through the 25 team we have and counted 14 that I just don't think are premiership standard, worrying.

FMH57
25-10-2017, 02:46 PM
If West Ham lose tonight versus Spurs, and get thumped in the process, this match will become pivotal for both clubs futures.

In our case we lose and we are really ****ed. After last night there will be massive fan discontent and on three points getting more and more adrift every game.

In West Ham's case if they lose there will be equal fans discontent, it will be the end of Bilic and the fact that they will be then only two points clear of us, will give us momentum and they will be on a downward spiral.

Both teams have similar squads , full of overpaid players, some not giving a flying ****, with nothing they can really do about it until January. By then it will be too late for one of them. On a positive note, at least we still have Selhurst.

Reg_Maudling
25-10-2017, 02:55 PM
You can't underestimate that

They have no home any more

Penstone Eagle
25-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Anyone that puts PVA in their proposed team clearly didn't go to or watch last night's game.

andyocpfc
25-10-2017, 03:36 PM
I hope they put out a full (or close to) strength side out tonight as they consider spurs big rivals

Son of Ron
25-10-2017, 03:42 PM

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, PVA
-----Zaha, Townsend

Subs

After last night I'm going to contradict myself and change to

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, Schlupp
------Cabaye, Luka
--Zaha---RLC-----Townsend
------------Sako

Subs
Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, McArthur, Ladapo, Souare

GreatGonzo
25-10-2017, 04:13 PM
I hope they put out a full (or close to) strength side out tonight as they consider spurs big rivals

Surely they won't.

RH played a team that meant he had every day this week to train with the players ahead of Saturdays game.

If WHU play 1st teamers tonight, they will not have trained today, would not train properly tomorrow so maybe only a lighter session on Friday. If that happens we will be in real trouble if we cannot beat them.

Spindle
25-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Who are these idiots picking Henessey?

Spindle
25-10-2017, 05:02 PM
A point is not enough. If we can't beat a very poor West Ham at home then we are done for. Sick of all the excuses. It's time to players finally delivered. West Ham are crap.

This

bodger
25-10-2017, 06:07 PM
WHU are always on a bad run when we play them and they beat us,they have a very good team and they have strikers unlike us, this is one tough must not lose game.

Palace Kebab
25-10-2017, 06:33 PM
From BBC...West Ham go two further by making nine changes to the side that were resoundingly beaten at home to Brighton last Friday. Cheikhou Kouyate and Manuel Lanzini the only survivors.

West Ham XI: Adrian, Byram, Ogbonna, Rice, Cresswell, Noble, Kouyate, Fernandes, Lanzini, Ayew, Carroll.

RUSSELL
25-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Hopefully Carroll gets a knock and is out for Sat

jobiinthelastmi
25-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Who are these idiots picking Henessey?

It's bizarre

16eagles
25-10-2017, 07:34 PM
After last night I'm going to contradict myself and change to

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, Schlupp
------Cabaye, Luka
--Zaha---RLC-----Townsend
------------Sako

Subs
Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, McArthur, Ladapo, Souare

Roy plays with 2 STRICT banks of 4. People need to stop putting this!!
10 rested who will play in last role?
I think Schulpp will play left back as in the is soldid defensively.

Question i believe is who will Roy play left midfield. RLC i think with Punch coming on.

wrightchipvcfc
25-10-2017, 07:38 PM

Game being played like a testimonial so far both teams got there eye on weekend can't see a sending off in a game like this

CPFC.1990
25-10-2017, 07:43 PM
Would think sako will start.

RUSSELL
25-10-2017, 08:18 PM

And Ayew!!!

Mad Raschic Ken
25-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Would think sako will start.

Not a bad shout. It would be a message to the rest of last night's team that hard work gets rewarded. Conversely Van Aanholt shouldn't even be on the bench.

cpfcfan1
25-10-2017, 08:26 PM
West ham now 3 2 up

foetus eagle
25-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Bollocks. They're having a recovery.

bradpitt
Christ, they're 3-2 up

in-exile
West ham now 3 2 up
Doesn't look good for us... they're kicking Spud arse.

SussexRed&Blue
25-10-2017, 08:30 PM
2 Goals from Set Pieces from West Ham tonight so far just hope they have used them all up before Saturday!

CP-RJW
25-10-2017, 08:30 PM
Ah. Well then.

Thefunkymonk
25-10-2017, 08:35 PM
Ah a team showing fight.. that’s the difference

RAB
25-10-2017, 08:38 PM
West ham now 3 2 up

Nice headed goal from a corner. Just the sort of basic play Palace find hard to defend. And Carroll hasn't scored yet. West Ham seemed to spark into life after some imagined lack of sportsmanship. Noble needed calming down to avoid being booked. Sometimes these minor things act as a catalyst.

rainbow_child
25-10-2017, 08:47 PM
I think we should really go for it and play Two out and out Strikers!

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 08:49 PM
We better significantly improve our defending at set pieces otherwise this won't be pleasant.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 08:49 PM

We haven't even got one! :-)

palacelad197o
25-10-2017, 08:51 PM
We haven't even got one! :-)

:rolleyes::supergrin::):p:D:hi:

palacelad197o
25-10-2017, 08:51 PM

:D:wallbash:;):D:sob:

andyocpfc
25-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Letís hope itís a case of ďafter the Lord Mayors showĒ for them.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Frustrating that West Ham will take a massive boost from that result into our game. Grrr...

carter
25-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Right now I’m having visions of West Ham fans being up for it and vocal. Palace fans being nervous and quiet with lots of moaning. West Ham bullying us off the park in a game that’s men v boys and them taking 3 points with toxic scenes at the end.

I never look forward to playing West Ham. Probably cos recent games at Selhurst they’ve battered us

Robson
25-10-2017, 09:01 PM
I can smell toast. We're it.

jobiinthelastmi
25-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Drop PVA and slot Schlupp into left back. Start Sako because he can at least hit the target with shots and is our top scorer this season. Townsend and Zaha can support him.

We have to win this game or worst case scenario avoid defeat. Lose and I think we are done.

SussexRed&Blue
25-10-2017, 09:10 PM
We need to take the game to them agressively with pace just like against Chelsea come out of the blocks fast and get that 1st goal.

Do thorough preparation on Set Pieces.

Same positive energy from the fans against Chelsea and keep it going if we are the ones that concede the 1st goal.

Gregz41
25-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Not that it will happen, but I'd go 433.

---------------------------Speroni------------------------
Ward-----------Dann---------------Sakho----------Schlupp
------------------------Milivojevic-------------------------
-------------Cabaye--------------Loftus-Cheek--------------
Townsend---------------Sako--------------------------Zaha

Schlupp and Van Aanholt have been terrible lately, however Schlupp would probably be the lesser of two evils, being a little more trustworthy in defence. I think Sako probably deserves some game time after impressing on Tuesday. As good as Zaha was against Chelsea, he won't get so much space in behind West Ham, so I'd prefer to see him make a dynamic front three, interchanging with Townsend and Sako.

However, I expect Roy will go for the safe formation and personnel that got the points against Chelsea which isn't unreasonable.

Danny_Cheviot
25-10-2017, 09:45 PM
---------------Luka-------------Cabaye-------------------
Zaha------------------RLC--------------Townsend
-------------------------Sako-------------------------

I think after Tuesday night this game will tell us a lot about how the club will progress over the next 2 months.

FMH57
26-10-2017, 10:12 AM
The big problem is now that they beat Spurs last night , a draw against us will seem like a good 4 days for them. And playing against teams happy to draw at Selhurst ain't exactly our forte. If they had lost last night they would have had to go all out for a win and that's what their fans and board would have demanded.
**** respect the point , a draw is no good for us.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Exactly, a draw is no good. If we can't beat these at home then I can't see how we expect to make up the lost ground. It's time for the players to start earning their money and deliver for a change.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Ah a team showing fight.. that’s the difference

Did West Ham put out their first-team, or their reserves like we did?

And following on from that, whose team will be fresher on Saturday? Hopefully we will work our bollocks off, and make it count after 70 mins. COYP.

CPFC.1990
26-10-2017, 11:01 AM

And following on from that, whose team will be fresher on Saturday?

West Ham played at Wembley not in Europe.

Footballers who aren't fresh to compete in 2017 after a 2 day break before a fixture really shouldn't be footballers.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 11:21 AM

And following on from that, whose team will be fresher on Saturday? Hopefully we will work our bollocks off, and make it count after 70 mins. COYP.

West Ham had a mix by the looks of it. Great result for them. Confidence building too. But we have a losing mentality and seem happy to lose to shit like Bristol city. Shame.

Cpfcbob
26-10-2017, 11:48 AM
---------------------------Speroni--------------------------------

--Ward---------------Dann-------Sakho-------------schlupp----

----------------------Luka----------Cabaye-----------------------
---TMF--------------------------------------------------PVA------

--------------------Townsend--------------------------------------
--------------------------------Zaha--------------------------------

Always said about Moxey, he'd be a better winger. PVA should NEVER play left back again but is a decent offensive outlet and has pace.
McArthur is our first sub if we need to shore up the midfield, bring him on for PVA and go 433. Otherwise, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. It will be our best form of defence against a leaky Joe Hart.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Anyway, back to the doom and gloom of team selection. It won't happen but 5 at the back is another option:

--------------------------Speroni---------------------------------
Ward-------Tomkins------Dann------Sakho------------Schlupp
------Cabaye--------------Luka--------------Mcarthur----------
--------------Townsend---------------Zaha----------------------

Subs:

Hen
PVA
TFM
RLC
Punch
Riedewald
Sako

Not wing-backs, just a flat back 5. Seems a weird one, but a bit more aerial strength to deal with their set-piece threat, and the number of crosses coming into the box. Press from the front and bring on Sako and RLC to drive for the winner in the last 25. Won't happen but just thinking outside the box.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 11:56 AM
No to a back 5 - we haven't got the players for it and I still don't think we'd deal with their aerial threat. Our best bet is to attack them from the off like we did with Chelsea. Get the first goal and I think we will beat them: we shouldn't play defensive and give them the initiative.

I'd like to see zaha and Townsend either side of RLC with cabaye, Luka and McArthur in midfield.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:04 PM
No to a back 5 - we haven't got the players for it and I still don't think we'd deal with their aerial threat. Our best bet is to attack them from the off like we did with Chelsea. Get the first goal and I think we will beat them: we shouldn't play defensive and give them the initiative.

I'd like to see zaha and Townsend either side of RLC with cabaye, Luka and McArthur in midfield.

And I agree with this too! Think it is going to be a difficult game for us. Their aerial strength is a serious problem for us. Their style is the most difficult for us to deal with out of all of the Premier League sides, especially without Benteke. My worry is breaking them down. We need to score first, and take our chances. Could be lots of goals. Think they will get at least 2 so we need 3 to win. Sako comes into play, as our top scorer.

SussexRed&Blue
26-10-2017, 12:09 PM
-----------------------Speroni-----------------------------

Ward/Tomkins----Dann-----Sakho--------Schlupp/Ward

--------------Cabaye----Luka-----McArthur---------------

--------------- Townsend-----------Zaha-----------------

Subs: Sako, Tomkins, Puncheon, Riedewald, RLC, TFM, Hennessey

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 12:10 PM

--------------Cabaye----Luka-----McArthur---------------

Subs: Sako, Tomkins, Puncheon, Riedewald, RLC, TFM, Hennessey

4-3-2 then?

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Our total absence of a functional LB is a huge problem. Not sure how we get round it.

redsox
26-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Got to start winning soon before the real rot starts to set in. Charlton, Blackburn, Blackpool, Coventry, Wigan, Portsmouth, Leeds, Sunderland,if it can happen to this lot and others then it sure can happen to us.

SussexRed&Blue
26-10-2017, 12:18 PM
4-3-2 then?

Maybe not?! 4-4-2

----RLC------Cabaye-------Luka-------McArthur--------

Subs: Sako, Tomkins, Puncheon, Riedewald, TFM, Hennessey, Souare

Palacebear
26-10-2017, 12:23 PM

------Ward------------Dann-----Sakho--------Schlupp

-------McArthur-------Cabaye----Luka----------RLC

Subs: Sako, Tomkins, Puncheon, Riedewald, TFM, Hennessey

Go at them from the off, a goal for us in the first 20mins and keep a blo*dy clean sheet!

melteagle
26-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Saturday's game has all the hall marks of the Sunderland last season - you heard it here first but suspect alot of us maybe thinking it - we're doomed

sydnsteve
26-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Actually I'd forgotten that Tomkins can play RB. I'd be inclined to go with Sussex Red and Blue Ward at LB and Tomkins at RB. Far from perfect, as Ward is much much better at RB, but I really don't think we can chance PvA or Schlupp.

desperado
26-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Bobby Madley is playing for West Ham on Saturday

Hudds Eagle
26-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Speroni

TFM/Ward
Dann
Sakho
Schlupp/Souare/Riedewald/Anyone that's not PvA

Luka

RLC
Cabaye

Townsend

Wilf
Sako

Diamond with Luka holding and Townsend behind Wilf and Sako. We need a goal threat and Sako has a couple in cup games so he's definitely worth a try. and please no more PvA, he's an absolute liability both going forward and defensively.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 01:29 PM
And I agree with this too! Think it is going to be a difficult game for us. Their aerial strength is a serious problem for us. Their style is the most difficult for us to deal with out of all of the Premier League sides, especially without Benteke. My worry is breaking them down. We need to score first, and take our chances. Could be lots of goals. Think they will get at least 2 so we need 3 to win. Sako comes into play, as our top scorer.

Yep, get the first goal and we can beat them. I fear for us if we concede first as we look so mentally weak at the moment.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 01:29 PM

He's awful. He denied us several pens last season. That one at home to Boro when he denied McArthur the most blatant pen was incredible.

wrightchipvcfc
26-10-2017, 01:48 PM

Played well for arsenal agaist west brom few weeks back didn't get a game the next weekend funny enough pulis not happy with his performance .

16eagles
26-10-2017, 01:57 PM

------Ward------------Dann-----Sakho--------Schlupp

-------McArthur-------Cabaye----Luka----------RLC

Subs: Sako, Tomkins, Puncheon, Riedewald, TFM, Hennessey

Go at them from the off, a goal for us in the first 20mins and keep a blo*dy clean sheet!

This will be team.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Edit: - The defence, midfield and forwards are listed Right to left

Hennessey - (only because of Carroll, but don't worry, Roy will pick Jules)

Fosu-Mensah - but let him overlap when there is opportunity this time
Dann -
Sakho -
Ward - Carroll always drops onto the FB

Townsend - will need to do 50-50 defence vs attack though
Luka
Cabaye
Loftus-Cheek

Sako
Zaha

Can't really see this team starting but if Andros played a disciplined role it could work. Key point is to leave Schlupp and PvA on the bench TBH.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 02:17 PM
This will be team.

If it is I will be VERY happy. Would love to see RLC left midfield, cutting in.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Dann -
Sakho -

Luka
Cabaye
Loftus-Cheek

Sako
Zaha

Can't really see this team starting but if Andros played a disciplined role it could work. Key point is to leave Schlupp and PvA on the bench TBH.

Hennessey's height didn't help on Tuesday so I think this is a bit of a myth.

I like that midfield and forward line though.

rambo1
26-10-2017, 03:04 PM
-----------Hennessey----------
TFM---Dann---Sakho---Schlupp

Luka---------Cabaye-------RLC

Townsend-----Sako-------Zaha

Subs-
Speroni,Ward,PvA,Puncheon,McArthur,Riedewald,KaiKa i.

Danny_Cheviot
26-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Saturday's game has all the hall marks of the Sunderland last season - you heard it here first but suspect alot of us maybe thinking it - we're doomed

Will be interesting to see what happens after Carroll or Lanzini get their obligatory first goal.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 03:17 PM

Dann -
Sakho -

Luka
Cabaye
Loftus-Cheek

Sako
Zaha

Who's on the left and who's on the right?!

FWIW I reckon Schlupp is better in the air than TFM. If you were hoping for the opposite. Or if it's 3 at the back just say! ;)

jimmy the gent
26-10-2017, 03:18 PM
Carroll is suspended, shirley?

BLUE BOY
26-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Speroni
TFM Sakho Dann Souare

Reiderwald Luca Cabaye

Zaha RLC Townsend

Martin H
26-10-2017, 03:25 PM

FWIW I reckon Schlupp is better in the air than TFM. If you were hoping for the opposite. Or if it's 3 at the back just say! ;)

Sorry - I meant Timbo on the right and play Joel at LB.

Andros on the right side and Ruben on the left side.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 03:27 PM

Nah - I don't think Schlupp is better in the air. He is way better than PVA though. But then I am probably better than PVA in the air when I am sitting down TBH.

EddieEdwards
26-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Carroll is suspended, shirley?No, he's served his one-game suspension.

Johnnieboy
26-10-2017, 03:37 PM

Working that out has been a very long running problem at Selhurst, hence the song

Martin H
26-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Hennessey's height didn't help on Tuesday so I think this is a bit of a myth.

I like that midfield and forward line though.

I agree it didn't help on Tues - but the thought of Carroll v Speroni is marginally worse and TBH almost unfair.

I would have been tempted to swap Tomkins for Dann because Scott has often been pushed around by Carroll and I just wonder if Tomkins might do better. Tuesday put me off a bit because he was shying away from the battle I thought, leaving the big guys to Kelly.

CP-RJW
26-10-2017, 03:48 PM
I agree it didn't help on Tues - but the thought of Carroll v Speroni is marginally worse and TBH almost unfair.

I would have been tempted to swap Tomkins for Dann because Scott has often been pushed around by Carroll and I just wonder if Tomkins might do better. Tuesday put me off a bit because he was shying away from the battle I thought, leaving the big guys to Kelly.
I’d wonder how much Tomkins’ heart would be in it, facing the club who’s colours he bleeds. Suppose he’d either be not keen to beat them or alternatively wanting to prove a point to Billic for selling him. Can’t really remember how he did against the Spammers last season.

Thefunkymonk
26-10-2017, 04:00 PM
It will be

Speroni
Ward Dann sakho pva
Townsend cabaye luka schlupp
Zaha RLC

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 04:46 PM

I really like Tomkins and think he's unlucky to be dropped but he didn't play well on Tuesday as you say.

delboy01
26-10-2017, 04:53 PM

------Fosu-Mensah-----Dann-----Sakho--------Schlupp

-----------------Cabaye------------Luka-------

-------------------------------RLC

----- Townsend----------Sako----------------Zaha----------

I was impressed with sako and would give him a chance. We need to go for it bigtime. Sitting back ain't an option.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 05:11 PM

------Fosu-Mensah-----Dann-----Sakho--------Schlupp

-----------------Cabaye------------Luka-------

-------------------------------RLC

----- Townsend----------Sako----------------Zaha----------

I was impressed with sako and would give him a chance. We need to go for it bigtime. Sitting back ain't an option.

I am not sure 'going for it' is part of Roy's vocabulary and maybe rightly so. I think we will see a narrow 4 in midfield for the rest of the season. It will be interesting to see how he fits in both Wilf and Andros when a striker returns. I am not sure he will unless he does what I did above and asks Andros to play the sort of role that Macca has been playing. I do think he would do OK at it but it would require him to be very disciplined with how far and when he goes forward.

Nostrils
26-10-2017, 05:47 PM

Dann -
Sakho -

Luka
Cabaye
Loftus-Cheek

Sako
Zaha

Wasn't Ward lost at sea last he played left back against Carroll? Another ******* 'worldie'.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Wasn't Ward lost at sea last he played left back against Carroll? Another ******* 'worldie'.

Ahh, did Ward play LB in that match? Oh dear...... back to the drawing board,

TBH it's still my best plan. I can't see any of the others handling him better. I actually think ward is a better LB than the other two anyway. Souare would give him a run for his money but he really looks a way off fitness right now and it would be crazy to try him.

Nostrils
26-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Ahh, did Ward play LB in that match? Oh dear...... back to the drawing board,

TBH it's still my best plan. I can't see any of the others handling him better. I actually think ward is a better LB than the other two anyway. Souare would give him a run for his money but he really looks a way off fitness right now and it would be crazy to try him.

I'd go Schlupp lb. He's had some pretty poor moments this season, but, and I'm probably on my own here, think he's had some decent moments as well. He's the most physical of the players available and always plays on the left. I think Ward was caught out simply because he was out of position - he's usually very reliable in the air imo.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 06:17 PM
I'd go Schlupp lb. He's had some pretty poor moments this season, but, and I'm probably on my own here, think he's had some decent moments as well. He's the most physical of the players available and always plays on the left. I think Ward was caught out simply because he was out of position - he's usually very reliable in the air imo.

I quite like Schlupp and in his earlier games for us I thought he was a better player than I had noticed at Leicester (I had seen him at LB for Leicester and he had a couple of stinkers). But in the last 3 or 4 games he just looks lost somehow. As if he doesn't know where he should be or what he should do. I don't know if he is having trouble coping with the difference in demands of the 3 managers he has had since he arrived 9 months ago or if he has just lost confidence but I would leave him out until it's fixed. PvA seems to be in a proper mess too. I never thought PvA was great at Sunderland but I don't remember him being as bad as he has been lately. Having said that Roy is expecting his FBs to play narrow which suits Ward but is likely a problem for both Jeff and Patrick who are more comfortable as LWBs.

All in all, I would play Ward at LB this week.

exiledeagle
26-10-2017, 06:41 PM
I look at our squad and although it is unbalanced and ageing somewhat , I still think that if we had bought a decent keeper and forward we would probably have been a 12th / 13th side .

jobiinthelastmi
26-10-2017, 06:46 PM
I look at our squad and although it is unbalanced and ageing somewhat , I still think that if we had bought a decent keeper and forward we would probably have been a 12th / 13th side .

Benteke is a decent forward.

exiledeagle
26-10-2017, 06:52 PM

He is when motivated

Se9 eagles
26-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Shame he can't control the ball.....

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Sorry - I meant Timbo on the right and play Joel at LB.

Andros on the right side and Ruben on the left side.

exactly the midfield and forward line i'd go with. don't think roy will though.

16eagles
26-10-2017, 08:18 PM
If it is I will be VERY happy. Would love to see RLC left midfield, cutting in.

Yeah I think itís a cert also Wilf is over that side more so will be real threat. Zalbelta will be targeted. But Bryan who I like played ok other night..

Martin H
26-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Yeah I think itís a cert also Wilf is over that side more so will be real threat. Zalbelta will be targeted. But Bryan who I like played ok other night..

Yeah, that Zalbelta is one spelling mistake to watch out for.......

Better than the original.

thehalifaxman
26-10-2017, 09:02 PM
reading the front page and everyone was picking Hennessey lol

jimmy the gent
26-10-2017, 09:47 PM
I still think that if we had bought a decent keeper and forward...

The words auntie and bollocks come to mind.

Alfonso
26-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Speroni
Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp
Milivojevic Cabaye
Zaha Loftus-Cheek Townsend
Sako

MFBias
26-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Actually tempted to play Dann up front in this one, if only because of their aerial power with Andy Carroll. Maybe I'd go something like:

----------------------Hennessey---------------------------
Ward---------Tomkins----------Sakho------------Schlupp
Townsend-----Cabaye-----------Luka--------------RLC
-----------------Dann-------------Zaha---------------------

More aerial ability to deal with Carroll and their crosses into the box. Plus they will probably sit back, so it would be good for us to have aerial power for set pieces of our own.

You are concerned about Carroll's ariel power, and then play Dann as far away from our own box as possible. It makes no sense.

MFBias
26-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Speroni
Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp
Milivojevic Cabaye
Zaha Loftus-Cheek Townsend
Sako

Sako has no place in the Premier League, he has the grace of a donkey.

The Vicar
26-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Some strange thoughts on this thread. TFM at RB, Schlupp at LB. No Sako.

Jacko1
27-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Speroni

TFM
Dann (simply for height otherwise would have suggested Tomkins)
Sakho
Schlupp

McArthur
Cabaye
Milivojevic
Townsend

RLC

Zaha

MFBias
27-10-2017, 08:12 AM

Have you watched Sako play for us the last two seasons?

FMH57
27-10-2017, 08:24 AM

It's a pity no one explained that to a certain Mr Parish.

Reg_Maudling
27-10-2017, 08:51 AM

shame he is human and can be injured, who would have thought that could happen?

Mr Palace
27-10-2017, 09:18 AM

What's strange about Schlupp at LB? He's the best LB we have. That doesn't say much, mind...

Shipp Ahoy!
27-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Speroni

RLC - Luka - Cabaye - Sako

Wilf - Townsend

Shipp Ahoy!
27-10-2017, 09:26 AM

:D

You joker.

The one thing he CAN do is control the freaking ball.

His control is class.

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 09:27 AM
TFM----------Dann---------------Sakho--------Schlupp/Souare
-------------Sako/Benteke-------Zaha----------------

This is the team I'd like to see going forward, not for this match.

Shipp Ahoy!
27-10-2017, 09:34 AM
TFM----------Dann---------------Sakho--------Schlupp/Souare
-------------Sako/Benteke-------Zaha----------------

:confused:

TFM was god damn awful on Tuesday.

Souare for me looks done, he certainly isn't ready to start a game.

Benteke is weeks away!?

The only time we looked half decent in attack this season was with Wilf and Townsend up front. Sako looked ok against Schitty but will look like a pub player against Premiership opposition up front.

teesdale99
27-10-2017, 09:41 AM
I imagine we will see the same team as past two weeks except with rlc in for either pva, sclupp or MacArthur.

West Ham will not allow zaha and Townsend as much space as Chelsea did and will sit back so it's harder to hit them with pace on the break. I fear this is another game where we will miss a genuine forward/target man.

Hopefully we can play with the same composure and precision that we did against Newcastle for 60 mins (we were better team, looked more threatening but tired and didn't react to Newcastle subs in the right way) but get a few more players especially rlc into the box.

As ever the first goal is massive. I fear this has all the hallmarks of a typical palace home game vs lower half opposition in recent years. A bit of huffing and puffing, unable to break down a team that sits back, concede a goal through a defensive error or poor marking at a corner, and lose 1-0 following another period of possession without threat and the inability to mix things up due to not having a fit decent striker. That's my expectation, god I hope I'm wrong and we had out a thrashing.

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Benteke is weeks away!?

The only time we looked half decent in attack this season was with Wilf and Townsend up front. Sako looked ok against Schitty but will look like a pub player against Premiership opposition up front.

Sorry, have edited, that is my team going forward, not for this one. Joel Ward will be needed for his aerial power vs West Ham. Souare would obviously need to show his original form. And Benteke needs to get fit.

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 10:31 AM
I imagine we will see the same team as past two weeks except with rlc in for either pva, sclupp or MacArthur.

West Ham will not allow zaha and Townsend as much space as Chelsea did and will sit back so it's harder to hit them with pace on the break. I fear this is another game where we will miss a genuine forward/target man.

Hopefully we can play with the same composure and precision that we did against Newcastle for 60 mins (we were better team, looked more threatening but tired and didn't react to Newcastle subs in the right way) but get a few more players especially rlc into the box.

As ever the first goal is massive. I fear this has all the hallmarks of a typical palace home game vs lower half opposition in recent years. A bit of huffing and puffing, unable to break down a team that sits back, concede a goal through a defensive error or poor marking at a corner, and lose 1-0 following another period of possession without threat and the inability to mix things up due to not having a fit decent striker. That's my expectation, god I hope I'm wrong and we had out a thrashing.

I agree, I'm expecting huff and puff and no breakthrough. But that said, Wilf up front will give us more cutting edge in home games as he will receive almost as much of the ball, and it will be in dangerous positions. He needs to shoot on sight. Sako is also a guy who playing as right side centre forward is more of a goal threat than Townsend with his lethal shot; a classic player for home games IMHO.

bigend1
27-10-2017, 10:40 AM

Yep I agree. Has to be really.

My hope... is that rlc provides a presence in the box because boy have we missed that with Ben out. It won't be the same, it won't be hanging a ball in the air for Ben to get a run on his man but so many times we could have also had a ball pulled back across the area in the last 2 games and no-one was in the middle. Rlc will provide that at least rather than trying to find our other winger on the ground through about 3 defenders as we've seen.

His driving runs through the middle will be effective and the threat alone should have the benefit of giving zaha and Townsend a bit more space too.

Cagey game. Assuming we don't conceede early I think we'll dominate large periods as we did at Newcastle, hopefully we capitalise with goal or two this time.

Reg_Maudling
27-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Schlupp was OK for one or two games at left back and abysmal as well for another
Pva is just likely to be abysmal at defending every time

Hector
27-10-2017, 10:58 AM
I guess the way PVA has been playing he'll get the chop, I'm just not sure about Schlupp either

Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka

Townsend McArthur Zaha

RLC

Townsend, Zaha, RLC all interchanging

chrisophiex
27-10-2017, 11:04 AM
I guess the way PVA has been playing he'll get the chop, I'm just not sure about Schlupp either

Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka

Townsend McArthur Zaha

RLC

Close thread , etc.

Seanee Pawnee
27-10-2017, 11:09 AM

Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka

Townsend McArthur Zaha

RLC

Position wise I'd swap Cabz for Mac but that's about as good as we can hope for...

cpfcfan1
27-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Lanzini has scored in the last four games against us apparently

penguin7
27-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Speroni

TFM
Dann (simply for height otherwise would have suggested Tomkins)
Sakho
Schlupp

McArthur
Cabaye
Milivojevic
Townsend

RLC

Zaha

Tomkins is taller than Dann

Jacko1
27-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Tomkins is taller than Dann

Be very surprised if he is having met Tomkins. Also wouldn't believe every stat you see online.

Either way, Dann is better in the air.

gilesy14
27-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Benteke is weeks away!?

You're writing TFM off for being awful in one game? When he's being largely one of the only positives of the season so far? & how many awful games has Ward had over the past 2 seasons? I've lost count.

This place is nuts.

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 12:15 PM
McArthur unlikely to play

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 12:15 PM
You're writing TFM off for being awful in one game? When he's being largely one of the only positives of the season so far? & how many awful games has Ward had over the past 2 seasons? I've lost count.

This place is nuts.

Yep.

AddoWolz
27-10-2017, 12:40 PM
..................Speroni
Ward....Tomkins. .Dann. ...PVA
RLC. ........Luka. ....Cabaye. .Schlupp
...............Townsend. .Zaha

Not my team , but the team is think will be selected.

the digger
27-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Speroni
Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp
Cabaye RLC Luka
Townsend Zaha Sako

The Vicar
27-10-2017, 01:31 PM
What's strange about Schlupp at LB? He's the best LB we have. That doesn't say much, mind...
Ha, no I mean that he should be playing there in the first VI. A bit unclear on my part. I agree with you.

The Vicar
27-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Have you watched Sako play for us the last two seasons?

Exactly, I do not think Sako should be in the first XI. Unclear response on my part.

AddoWolz
27-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Ha, no I mean that he should be playing there in the first VI. A bit unclear on my part. I agree with you.

Better idea to play 11 ( eleven ) rather than 6 (six).

Mr Palace
27-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Good man!

16eagles
27-10-2017, 02:05 PM
McArthur unlikely to play

If this is case maybe punch will be left midfield, RLC Right midfield.

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 02:15 PM
If this is case maybe punch will be left midfield, RLC Right midfield.

Townsend right, schlupp left, RLC and zaha up top.

16eagles
27-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Townsend and Zaha were so effective against Chelsea@selhurst. Don't think this will change. They struggled on the bigger /wider pitch at Newcastle.
So you reckon PVA will be left back?

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 02:45 PM

Sako is our top scorer.

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Townsend and Zaha were so effective against Chelsea@selhurst. Don't think this will change. They struggled on the bigger /wider pitch at Newcastle.

I think that's likely as well. PVA almost certain to play left back.

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 02:48 PM

Probably.

All depends if jimmy Mac is declared fit I suppose.

glaziers fan
27-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Probably.

All depends if jimmy Mac is declared fit I suppose.

Oh I see. PVA or Jimmy Mac with RLC definitely playing. But no Sako despite another goal and a good performance midweek. Seems a bit unfair to me.

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Oh I see. PVA or Jimmy Mac with RLC definitely playing. But no Sako despite another goal and a good performance midweek. Seems a bit unfair to me.

Think sako as a striker would be better than sako as a winger in this system.

It’s more what I think will be the team rather the one I would pick. Personally I would go 4-5-1 with sako up top wilf and Townsend wide with trio of cabaye RLC and luka in midfield.

However think 4-4-2 Type system we played against Chelsea will be played and if jimmy Mac isn’t fit Think RLC will come in behind/up with zaha with Townsend wide.

The Vicar
27-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Better idea to play 11 ( eleven ) rather than 6 (six).

I am Roman numeral challenged today, innit :)

917L
27-10-2017, 07:29 PM
I think that's likely as well. PVA almost certain to play left back.

PVA doesnt deserve to be in the squad, let alone starting

Mad Raschic Ken
27-10-2017, 07:34 PM

I agree. Doesn't deserve a place on the bench. For me the XI should be the same as at Newcastle, but with Sako (only player to emerge with any credit from Tuesday) instead of PVA. Schlupp to left back, Townsend into midfield. Sako and Zaha up front.

Mr Palace
27-10-2017, 08:53 PM

There's no way Roy will play him. He's woefully out of form and his attitude isn't right. It would be madness to pay him. Imagine Antonio against PvA - PvA would get bullied all game. It's a mismatch. Best that PvA spends a few weeks playing in the under 23s to recover some sort of form.

DARZET EAGLE
27-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Sako is our top scorer.

Anybody else think that he looked much fitter and lost some bulk?

Ruskin Old Boy
27-10-2017, 09:41 PM
I agree. Doesn't deserve a place on the bench. For me the XI should be the same as at Newcastle, but with Sako (only player to emerge with any credit from Tuesday) instead of PVA. Schlupp to left back, Townsend into midfield. Sako and Zaha up front.

That would give West Ham something to think about. Scoring an early goal while they were fathoming it out would be a brilliant start.

Agree about PVA. Good to see the South London Press give him 1 for his performance on Tuesday.

the digger
27-10-2017, 10:30 PM
I also think Allardyce's system of sharing a game between Cabaye and Macarthur worked well. Starting both means our midfield tires significantly.

Alfonso
27-10-2017, 10:37 PM
My predicted lineup and team news here: https://youtu.be/90iLBBGMLuI

Johnny Byrne
28-10-2017, 12:13 AM

Schlupp not PVA LB Sakho not Tomkins CB and Sako Striker. Otherwise agreed

mean
28-10-2017, 04:03 AM

You don't think Roy will pick our £26m centre back? Well, thats radical?

glaziers fan
28-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Anybody else think that he looked much fitter and lost some bulk?

All of us who watched it mate! The thing is he's up against slow Championship defences, so it looks better than it is. But I still feel he should get a start off the back of it. He is perfect to play up front in the 4-4-2 alongside Zaha. I just want to see this:

Townsend----Cabaye----Milivojevic-----RLC
---------------Sako--------------Zaha---------

AT and RLC can swap sides. I think it would cause the opposition real problems.

mexicaneagle
28-10-2017, 09:00 AM

------Speroni
TFM, Dann, Sakho, PVA
-----Zaha, Townsend

Subs

Sako deserves at least a place on the bench. He can be your "another".

palacemetros
28-10-2017, 09:03 AM
Does anyone think RH will be daft enough to start PVA after Tuesday...and last Saturday...?

Eagle96
28-10-2017, 09:05 AM
My predicted lineup and team news here: https://youtu.be/90iLBBGMLuI

Your constant advertising of your Youtube channel is getting a bit tedious now mate. Linking it once in a while is fine but virtually every post isn't what this forum was designed for.

bigend1
28-10-2017, 09:44 AM

Speroni

Ward Dann Sakho Schlupp

Cabaye Luka

Townsend McArthur Zaha

RLC

If we'd be playing 4231 then this is the team I think

Roy has had us playing our best with a fluid 442 though and I suspect he may well stick to it as we clearly worked long and hard on it in the international break pre Chelsea and it work well in that game and against Newcastle.

------------------jules--------------------
Ward-----Dann-------Sakho------schlupp
Jimmy-----cabaye----Luka------Townsend
--------------RLC-----zaha---------------

Fairly fluid Townsend, Jimmy, wilf and Ruben all able to swap around of course depending on the game.

Sako coming in if Jimmy isn't fit

Ward will be covering the cbs I suspect doing 'just enough' to stop carol having an easy chance as he does so well last ditch. Far stronger than TFM in the air and i think the cbs will need the support at times today

In truth I think it will start as the solid, organised 442 we've seen against Chelsea and Newcastle but be fluid again. The lack of striker will see Townsend, Ruben, zaha especially running into spaces rather than sticking to a ridged formation and it will become a three up front in posession with Jimmy and cabaye supporting. The difference will hopefully be Ruben providing the runs into the area and driving runs through the middle we've missed so badly thus far.

AddoWolz
28-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Mmmmmm bang on :p

glaziers fan
28-10-2017, 01:09 PM

Well done mate :p

Zohar's Penalty
28-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Who have you been talking to then??

AddoWolz
28-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Who have you been talking to then??