PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Koeman

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Sacked. Return of Moyesy? :D

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 12:39 PM
The short termism in football is amazing. Been one of the best coaches in the premier league for the last three seasons. Bad start to the season but they wouldn't have gone down.

art malice
23-10-2017, 12:41 PM
He’ll be getting Sammy Lee round for another bitching session

TheMexicanHorse
23-10-2017, 12:43 PM
The short termism in football is amazing. Been one of the best coaches in the premier league for the last three seasons. Bad start to the season but they wouldn't have gone down.

He did Ok at Southampton, a club which is so well run that even frank de fraud could keep them up

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 12:44 PM
I don’t rate him that highly personally, in fact he’s just a fashionable Tony Pulis really, most long balls in the Prem last season and consistently turgid football papered over by Lukaku. However, when you bring in half a first 11s worth of new players, you need time to settle them all into the team and get them playing together, and the Koeman deserved more time to do this.

adman50
23-10-2017, 12:44 PM
Madness they spent £140m and didn't sign a goal scorer.

You thought we had a shit transfer policy!

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Early in the season but looking like Rooney could easily hit 15 goals.

TheMexicanHorse
23-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Net spend wasnít that much was it?

Maiden Eagle
23-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Shame - I was hoping we would put the final nail in his coffin on 18/11.
Never liked the man after his foul 'outside the box' Vs England and then the snidey remarks he made about us, recently and also after we beat his Soton side 1-0, when he said about us basically being a long ball team. As if his teams played such good Football,
But of course now, they will probably have Ancelotti or Pellegrini in charge and will be flying by the time they come to us:(

adman50
23-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Net spend wasnít that much was it?

I'm not sure it was a figure I saw this morning. Guess the Rooney Lukaku deal didnt have figures but the below were confirmed.

Sigurdsson £50m
Keane £30m
Pickford £30m
Klaasen £24m

adman50
23-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Early in the season but looking like Rooney could easily hit 15 goals.

Potentially guess it depends if he finishes his community service on time :D

Shipp Ahoy!
23-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Saw that one coming.

foetus eagle
23-10-2017, 01:00 PM
The bloke couldn't manage for toffee.

firesign
23-10-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure it was a figure I saw this morning. Guess the Rooney Lukaku deal didnt have figures but the below were confirmed.

Sigurdsson £50m
Keane £30m
Pickford £30m
Klaasen £24m

and factor in Rooney's high wages

Selhurst Celtic
23-10-2017, 01:16 PM
But of course now, they will probably have Ancelotti or Pellegrini in charge and will be flying by the time they come to us:(

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f1483fabc84df27f1b78d63babdff9cf/tumblr_naroi9yD1r1tf8a5ao1_400.gif

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 01:20 PM
He did Ok at Southampton, a club which is so well run that even frank de fraud could keep them up

He had league finishes of 7th and 6th at Southampton with points totals of 60 and 63. That was at a time when Southampton sold a lot of their best players to Liverpool and many predicted a bottom half finish in his first season. Puel got 46 points last season by comparison and I know it's early days but current Southampton would get 50 points if they continue at their current rate. He also got 61 points for Everton last season and finished 7th.

Palace121
23-10-2017, 01:28 PM

I still donít understand the attitude some people have towards Frank. Yes, not the ideal start as manager but he was only given 4 games in the league and not backed in the transfer window.

Bet he goes on to do alright somewhere else.

Oikboy
23-10-2017, 01:29 PM

Or, to be more accurate, couldn't manage the Toffees.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 01:33 PM
He had league finishes of 7th and 6th at Southampton with points totals of 60 and 63. That was at a time when Southampton sold a lot of their best players to Liverpool and many predicted a bottom half finish in his first season. Puel got 46 points last season by comparison and I know it's early days but current Southampton would get 50 points if they continue at their current rate. He also got 61 points for Everton last season and finished 7th.
One trick pony manager, can make a team solid at the back but has little attacking nous. At Southampton this worked very well as he could make them defensively sound (pretty easy with genuine top class defenders like Alderwiereld, Fonte, Van Djik, Clyne, Bertrand etc at the club,) and then let class attacking players like Mane, Pelle, Tadic do their thing (important to note that these players were not scouted or uncovered by Koeman himself.) Similar story at Everton, defensively sound and Lukaku to score all the goals. Now with a lack of reliable goals up front, although Rooney has started well, he’s being exposed.

art malice
23-10-2017, 01:33 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/f1483fabc84df27f1b78d63babdff9cf/tumblr_naroi9yD1r1tf8a5ao1_400.gif

What is that faked forced PG Tips chimp smile all about? He did that at the Holmesdale after we beat Spurs in his first League game. Surely a genuine smile would have sufficed?

cdm61
23-10-2017, 01:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM0sv1cW4AE7N88.jpg

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 01:46 PM
One trick pony manager, can make a team solid at the back but has little attacking nous. At Southampton this worked very well as he could make them defensively sound (pretty easy with genuine top class defenders like Alderwiereld, Fonte, Van Djik, Clyne, Bertrand etc at the club,) and then let class attacking players like Mane, Pelle, Tadic do their thing (important to note that these players were not scouted or uncovered by Koeman himself.) Similar story at Everton, defensively sound and Lukaku to score all the goals. Now with a lack of reliable goals up front, although Rooney has started well, heís being exposed.

I'm not sure it can be described as one trick when he did it over three different seasons and two different clubs. I wish someone could do that trick with Palace.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure it can be described as one trick when he did it over three different seasons and two different clubs. I wish someone could do that trick with Palace.
Why not? Guardiola at Barca, Bayern, Man City, brilliant passing football but struggles to play different styles and when they can’t pass their way through teams which leaves them vulnerable in certain situations. Pulis at Stoke, Palace, West Brom, same long ball oriented defensive football. Being a one trick pony doesn’t mean Koeman’s a bad manager, I’m just expressing the view that his league finishes were far from down to his managerial prowess alone.

orp pisshead1
23-10-2017, 01:57 PM

Wonder why he took training this morning then. Yes Moyes would be best option for us!:)

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Haven't liked koeman since 1993 and his foul on platt

Not that I bear grudges

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 02:02 PM
And he was one of those players like David Luiz who was a midfielder pretending to be a defender

9Freedman9
23-10-2017, 02:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM0sv1cW4AE7N88.jpg

Beat me too it!

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Why don't they try frank de boer?

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Why not? Guardiola at Barca, Bayern, Man City, brilliant passing football but struggles to play different styles and when they canít pass their way through teams which leaves them vulnerable in certain situations. Pulis at Stoke, Palace, West Brom, same long ball oriented defensive football. Being a one trick pony doesnít mean Koemanís a bad manager, Iím just expressing the view that his league finishes were far from down to his managerial prowess alone.

Isn't that the case for all managers though? Every manager has a style. Koemans style brought over 60 points over the last three seasons which is a great achievement. I don't think many managers would have got those points totals for those clubs (particularly Southampton who lost a lot of good players). That brings me to the conclusion he is good at maximising what he has. Everton has a high net spend this summer of £65m but it was only £27m and £21m in the previous two seasons. I think any club outside the top 6 would be lucky to have him as a manager.

stayingup
23-10-2017, 02:09 PM
funnily enough a friend of mine is a everton fan and he says they all wanted de boar before koeman was appointed, not sure they will now...

Olympian2
23-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Haven't liked koeman since 1993 and his foul on platt

Not that I bear grudges

Funny, I have wonderful memories of that evening. But that's more to do with a rather wonderfully adventurous & accommodating Polish girl I was seeing at the time.

meee
23-10-2017, 02:16 PM
I still donít understand the attitude some people have towards Frank. Yes, not the ideal start as manager but he was only given 4 games in the league and not backed in the transfer window.

Bet he goes on to do alright somewhere else.

Because people are simplistic and it's much easier to blame everything at the club on one person than think about multiple things.That goes for owners too.

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Funny, I have wonderful memories of that evening. But that's more to do with a rather wonderfully adventurous & accommodating Polish girl I was seeing at the time.

You should share those wonderful memories with your missus she will love to hear them

Reg_Maudling
23-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Or, to be more accurate, couldn't manage the Toffees.

Are you two a double act?

Owngoal
23-10-2017, 02:24 PM
They backed him to the hilt with big money transfers. Have any really come off? Even Siggi is not as good as he was previously. New manager might just get them flying, unless they are stupid enough to go for Moyes.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Isn't that the case for all managers though? Every manager has a style. Koemans style brought over 60 points over the last three seasons which is a great achievement. I don't think many managers would have got those points totals for those clubs (particularly Southampton who lost a lot of good players). That brings me to the conclusion he is good at maximising what he has. Everton has a high net spend this summer of £65m but it was only £27m and £21m in the previous two seasons. I think any club outside the top 6 would be lucky to have him as a manager.
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I haven’t seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isn’t that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon he’d be decent.

AddoWolz
23-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Hopefully , Moyes is a dreadful manager and if they reappoint him it will really go tits up and be very funny for us .

Nigelbrag
23-10-2017, 02:33 PM
It was inevitable he would be sacked, as of late the whole club looked and felt like a morgue and yesterdays result/performance was the final nail in the coffin.
Having spent 140m on very average players and by Not replacing his talisman goalscorer he was always doomed to failure, he needed to have secured Giroud and along with Rooney would have given them the goals Lukaku provided.

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Nowhere near all managers have a set style, Mourinho, Poch, Silva, Wagner, Benitez are Prem managers who are all adaptable, some others like Pellegrino I havenít seen enough of to even judge. Maximising the best of what he has with straightforward defensive football and long balls, sounds like Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce does it not? Like the aforementioned two, Koeman is not a bad manager by any means but he isnít that good either, probably not what Everton need for their aim of being a top 6 club. Put him in charge of Palace though and I reckon heíd be decent.

I would say Mourinho is quite similiar to Koeman and Pulis but he just has better players available. Wagner has a really set system and style of play. I think Pochetino like your comments on Koeman has a strong defense as a priority and then lets the flair players build from there, whereas Silva is the opposite and looks to outscore the opposition and play with a high tempo. I can't think of many examples of managers having success playing a certain way and then changing that massively. The changes only tend to happen when the budgets get bigger or smaller. Koeman played in some teams that played fantastic football and was (I think) one of the highest scoring defenders of all time. Who's to say that if he was given the managers job at Arsenal he wouldn't change things? My best guess is he would play with as much flair as the likes of Mourinho.

Nelson Muntz
23-10-2017, 02:44 PM

I saw what you did there.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 02:56 PM
I would say Mourinho is quite similiar to Koeman and Pulis but he just has better players available. Wagner has a really set system and style of play. I think Pochetino like your comments on Koeman has a strong defense as a priority and then lets the flair players build from there, whereas Silva is the opposite and looks to outscore the opposition and play with a high tempo. I can't think of many examples of managers having success playing a certain way and then changing that massively. The changes only tend to happen when the budgets get bigger or smaller. Koeman played in some teams that played fantastic football and was (I think) one of the highest scoring defenders of all time. Who's to say that if he was given the managers job at Arsenal he wouldn't change things? My best guess is he would play with as much flair as the likes of Mourinho.
Ah you see I’m not saying the managers I named change their styles massively (although perhaps you could say this for Ancelloti,) as in going from West Brom football to Barcelona football, but they are adaptable and can change the way their teams play to an extent depending on the match/situation. Mourinho likes a bus park but his teams have played fantastic passing football at points and have come out of their shell, particularly at Chelsea. Silva likes a high press but when needed his teams can be comfortable sitting with 10 men behind the ball rigidly and playing on the counter. Not going to analyse every manager named as that'll take a century. The one trick pony managers though, like Koeman, are the ones who look completely hopeless when their one way of playing doesn’t work and can’t adapt at all. When Lukaku wasn’t firing at a couple of points last season, Everton weren’t pretty to say the least, long ball after long ball with nothing happening. Money definitely comes into it too you’re right there.

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 03:17 PM
Ah you see Iím not saying the managers I named change their styles massively (although perhaps you could say this for Ancelloti,) as in going from West Brom football to Barcelona football, but they are adaptable and can change the way their teams play to an extent depending on the match/situation. Mourinho likes a bus park but his teams have played fantastic passing football at points and have come out of their shell, particularly at Chelsea. Silva likes a high press but when needed his teams can be comfortable sitting with 10 men behind the ball rigidly and playing on the counter. Not going to analyse every manager named as that'll take a century. The one trick pony managers though, like Koeman, are the ones who look completely hopeless when their one way of playing doesnít work and canít adapt at all. When Lukaku wasnít firing at a couple of points last season, Everton werenít pretty to say the least, long ball after long ball with nothing happening. Money definitely comes into it too youíre right there.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He may have been overly reliant on Lakaku but that because of the squad he inherited. At Southampton he built that solid defence and the goals were shared around Mane, Pelle and Tadic, all of which he bought at bargain levels. If his teams were that easy to figure out then I don't think he would have come 7th, 6th and 7th with teams that probably spent sufficient to put them mid table.

CP-RJW
23-10-2017, 03:27 PM
We will have to agree to disagree on this one. He may have been overly reliant on Lakaku but that because of the squad he inherited. At Southampton he built that solid defence and the goals were shared around Mane, Pelle and Tadic, all of which he bought at bargain levels. If his teams were that easy to figure out then I don't think he would have come 7th, 6th and 7th with teams that probably spent sufficient to put them mid table.
Yeah, agree to disagree, we’ll be here all day otherwise :D Although at Southampton the manager doesn’t really buy players or have that big a say in transfers as far as I know, the scouts do that for him. It’s a good model, having an infrastructure in place that means managers can be hired and sacked with minimal problems as they’re merely a cog in the machine.

BillyTKid
23-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Yeah, agree to disagree, weíll be here all day otherwise :D Although at Southampton the manager doesnít really buy players or have that big a say in transfers as far as I know, the scouts do that for him. Itís a good model, having an infrastructure in place that means managers can be hired and sacked with minimal problems as theyíre merely a cog in the machine.

Yeah they do have a good scouting network and its a well run club but the likes of Tadic and Pelle were definitely his picks as he managed them before.

Kylie_Tracey
23-10-2017, 03:48 PM
surprising that, I thought they would have given him longer, madness if Moyes returns there, what next The Wally with the Brolly to Liverpool?

JDawg
23-10-2017, 04:23 PM
I think his post-match interview gave the tone. I don't think he was that surprised.

Can we do the Wilf repo on Yala when he's fit?

Sceagle
23-10-2017, 04:29 PM
si34IwvfFeg

This is interesting.

Duffle Coat
23-10-2017, 04:39 PM
si34IwvfFeg

This is interesting.

#1 transfer torget on Jan 1

newish eagle
23-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Get Pardew in there. He’s the perfect fit for an ambitious club like Everton #maverick

Jim Cannon
23-10-2017, 05:01 PM
This is bad news, they were going along nicely shit. Of course by the time we play them they will have new manager bounce

Jim Cannon
23-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Can we do the Wilf repo on Yala when he's fit?

Could you translate that into English for me

JDawg
23-10-2017, 05:10 PM
Sell something and then re purchase, generally at a discount

Jim Cannon
23-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Sell something and then re purchase, generally at a discount

JDawg
23-10-2017, 09:05 PM
See Giggs has sort of thrown his hat in the ring for both Everton and Leicester.

I think those with their Class A BBS posting badges should also apply on this basis.

TouchyAndalou
23-10-2017, 11:47 PM
Everton should definitely get Pards in to finish the job.

PeterH
24-10-2017, 01:22 AM
Tosspot Giggs is interested in the Leicester and Everton jobs.

What a fecking wanker. How about serving an apprenticeship first.

Some BBSers call other Palace fans entitled, but who does this wanker think he is. LOL

Hedgehog
24-10-2017, 02:38 AM
Koeman and FdB are now in some cafe in Amsterdam without a care in the world, bad mouthing those ******* English.

Golf Boy
24-10-2017, 03:58 AM
Like the Titanic, he should have stayed at Southampton.

Ralph
24-10-2017, 04:56 AM

Some BBSers call other Palace fans entitled, but who does this wanker think he is. LOL

Heís the biggest bell end in world football.

Didnít he describe the Swansea job as not ambitious enough for him. Biggest club in his home country.

PeterH
24-10-2017, 05:57 AM
BUT, how great it would be if one of them actually employed him.

The very idea that he has that because he was a legend in football, at least in Man Utd and the BBCs eyes, he can walk straight into a premier job.

And you thinking he is the biggest bellend in world football is really saying something.

I was looking for a comments area to that article, but there wasnt one.

Eagle's Nest
24-10-2017, 06:31 AM
This latest sacking should at least go some way to extinguishing the aura that's been around Dutch football since the Cruyff turn.

Overrated for many decades now.

Kylie_Tracey
24-10-2017, 06:53 AM
This latest sacking should at least go some way to extinguishing the aura that's been around Dutch football since the Cruyff turn.

Overrated for many decades now.

agree, the list is very long now de Boar,LVG,Koeman,Meulenstien,Advocaat,all underwhelming the only one I really rated was Frank Rikkaard and god knows whats happened to him.

orp pisshead1
24-10-2017, 07:27 AM
See Giggs has sort of thrown his hat in the ring for both Everton and Leicester.

I think those with their Class A BBS posting badges should also apply on this basis.

GF is on it :p also means he wonít have time to post on here.

CP-RJW
24-10-2017, 08:05 AM
agree, the list is very long now de Boar,LVG,Koeman,Meulenstien,Advocaat,all underwhelming the only one I really rated was Frank Rikkaard and god knows whats happened to him.
LVG is one of the most decorated managers of all time, a couple of meh years at the :jerkit: and you donít rate him? Heís funny as **** too :supergrin:

Reg_Maudling
24-10-2017, 08:10 AM
The football world were unanimous that palace should not have sacked frank de boer after four league games

why aren't Everton Leicester and west ham fighting over him as their next manager?

Kylie_Tracey
24-10-2017, 08:14 AM
LVG is one of the most decorated managers of all time, a couple of meh years at the :jerkit: and you donít rate him? Heís funny as **** too :supergrin:

I bet ManU fans cant wait for him to return.

CP-RJW
24-10-2017, 08:16 AM
I bet ManU fans cant wait for him to return.
Who really cares what those plastic twats think though?

Kylie_Tracey
24-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Who really cares what those plastic twats think though?

us or any other club, would you welcome him here with open arms?

CP-RJW
24-10-2017, 08:40 AM
us or any other club, would you welcome him here with open arms?
Yes, I do believe that with all due respect, LVG is a superior manager to Roy Hodgson :D

Nigelbrag
24-10-2017, 10:20 AM
To be honest i would say Koeman would be a perfect fit for Leicester if they could tempt him back so soon after his sacking, afterall he was one of the most highly rated managers around prior to things going pear shape at Everton.
In my opinion the reasons for failure there being far too many average signings in too short a period when quality rather than quantity was needed, also in Not realising the importance of Lukaku and how crucial it was getting in the right person at all cost in replacing his goals, that person should have been Giroud.
But at Leicester he would have a ready made setup especially and crucially up front to work with, with maybe just a slight tweeking of the squad in January necessary to comfortably make them a Top 8/10 team, and then plan for the future.

JDawg
24-10-2017, 10:46 AM

And now Phil Neville has chucked his hat in the ring. Where does the class of 92 get off?

Hope they hire him. That would be one less team for to worry about. Better still, Giggs at Leicester and Neville at Everton. Two less to worry about.

Latvian Eagle
24-10-2017, 11:16 AM
He's a dick. Him and FdB deserve one another. I'm sure Sammy Lee isn't happy being sold down the river by Koeman either after his outburst about how we are run. :hi:

Jim Cannon
24-10-2017, 11:32 AM

Personally I hope he gets one of the jobs and makes Solskjaer look like a great manager

PALACEWU
24-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Giggs will crash and burn at any job he's given so he may as well start at the top.

Pikie Punisher
24-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Koeman comes over as a boring dislikeable carnt.

Terrace Bickle
24-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Him and FdB seem very dislikeable characters with huge egos.

Excowboy
30-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Sam Allardyce would 'consider' Everton job - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41807662

CPFC.1990
30-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Sam Allardyce would 'consider' Everton job - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41807662

But he's Palace through and through and wouldn't dream of taking another job. Certainly a job whereby he would be competing against his beloved Eagles.

Latvian Eagle
30-10-2017, 06:06 PM
There's £2m to waste on another shit Goalkeeper then.

Worksop Palace
30-10-2017, 06:09 PM
But he's Palace through and through and wouldn't dream of taking another job. Certainly a job whereby he would be competing against his beloved Eagles.

When did he or anyone ever say he was 'Palace through and through' ?

Johnnieboy
30-10-2017, 06:18 PM
When did he or anyone ever say he was 'Palace through and through' ?

He said he was through with Palace was what I heard

cpfcfan1
31-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Sounds as if they want Dyche

Ralph
31-10-2017, 11:51 AM
There's £2m to waste on another shit Goalkeeper then.

Probably wouldn't even cover Hennessy's wages for the year.

:frown:

Marksf
31-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Allardyce to take over at Everton.
Big bid for Wilf in Jan.
Wilf & Bolasie line up against Palace 10th Feb
All Palace fans :sob::sob::sob:

Stavros 69
31-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Allardyce to take over at Everton.
Big bid for Wilf in Jan.
Wilf & Bolasie line up against Palace 10th Feb
All Palace fans :sob::sob::sob:

With Benteke

JDawg
31-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Sounds as if they want Dyche

Dyche is good, but is he right? Didn't pull up trees at Watford but has done a brilliant job at Burnley but its taken 5 years. He's been given time to build from the ground up and has had a Board who stuck with it even when they were relegated.

Is he going to get that at Everton? Doubt it. They strike me as wanting instant gardening. But equally does he have further upside at Burnley?

Everton may well go for Dyche. Not sure the fit would be great. Right now. Allardyce may well be better.

Ralph
31-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Dyche is good, but is he right? Didn't pull up trees at Watford...

I think if Everton do their due diligence theyíll know that what Dyche achieved at Watford was the start of something that they continued to build on.

They achieved their highest position in 3/4 years and he effectively stopped ďthe rotĒ and got them back on a positive trajectory.

Kylie_Tracey
01-11-2017, 09:20 AM
lots of permutations for Everton, I sense Moushsiri will go for a heart over head manager with no PL experience, a sexy overseas name but Kenright will opt for a safe proven belts and braces name like Duche or BfS, maybe BfS will go to Burnely one thing is for sure though his retirement will have been very short lived.

cpfcfan1
02-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Everton look done, who ever takes over had major work to do

Eagle's Nest
02-11-2017, 08:33 PM
I like Everton. Of the constant top tier sides they seem to be the only one to.maintain that 'proper' football club feel.

Having spent £140m they must have thought somethimg great would happen this season. They must have expectedt to finally challenge the top of the table rather than finish 8th.

Some clubs aren't allowed anything

GreatGonzo
02-11-2017, 08:36 PM
They sold a 20 goal a season striker and didn't replace him with any quality - was always going to be a problem.

Eagle's Nest
02-11-2017, 08:43 PM
They sold a 20 goal a season striker and didn't replace him with any quality - was always going to be a problem.

They've spent a lot of money of defence and they're shit. They need Dyche to make Keane look good again.

rhiannapaul
02-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Everton form will turn around v us always happens to us

GreatGonzo
02-11-2017, 08:52 PM
They've spent a lot of money of defence and they're shit. They need Dyche to make Keane look good again.

Their problems are more scoring goals. Last season they had 4 players involved in 7 or more goals in the PL:

Lukaku - sold
Barkley - injured but replaced by Sigurddson
Mirallas - played 74 minutes
Coleman - injured

They replaced a £90m 25 goal striker with a £5m signing from spain who they now realise is not very good.

Walsh seems to have the aura around hi because of 1 great season for Leicester but the recruitment at Everton has been shocking.

Eagle's Nest
02-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Their problems are more scoring goals. Last season they had 4 players involved in 7 or more goals in the PL:

Lukaku - sold
Barkley - injured but replaced by Sigurddson
Mirallas - played 74 minutes
Coleman - injured

They replaced a £90m 25 goal striker with a £5m signing from spain who they now realise is not very good.

Walsh seems to have the aura around hi because of 1 great season for Leicester but the recruitment at Everton has been shocking.

Didn't Spurs recruit a similar DoF to waste all the Bale money?

JAS78
02-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Having spent £140m they must have thought somethimg great would happen this season. They must have expectedt to finally challenge the top of the table rather than finish 8th.

Outside the media hype of the money they were spending did anyone really think they would be anywhere near the top four?

To name two, Rooney should have retired 3 years a go heís now stealing a living, Sigurdsson is a really good player but £45M is ridiculous and now heís looking like a lazy player whoís just had a huge pay day.

Squad looks unbalanced and unhappy but Iím guessing the influx of these average very high earners has put some noses seriously out of joint, which I think might be the main problem.

Eagle's Nest
02-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Outside the media hype of the money they were spending did anyone really think they would be anywhere near the top four?

To name two, Rooney should have retired 3 years a go heís now stealing a living, Sigurdsson is a really good player but £45M is ridiculous and now heís looking like a lazy player whoís just had a huge pay day.

Squad looks unbalanced and unhappy but Iím guessing the influx of these average very high earners has put some noses seriously out of joint, which I think might be the main problem.

But it was clear before they made the signings that they were going to spend big? I thought they would challenge with that sort of money.

I'm still working out who the hell Davy Klaasen is. I wouldn't recognise him if I walked past him in the street.

dim
02-11-2017, 09:16 PM

Worth repeating.

Celestial Empire
02-11-2017, 10:18 PM
I like Everton. Of the constant top tier sides they seem to be the only one to.maintain that 'proper' football club feel.

Moshiri (possibly with his mate Usmanov), just can't wait to ditch the "proper football club" schtick and join the trophy ownership crowd, preferably at the expense of Liverpool or Arsenal, who can never compete on spending. :rolleyes:

CP-RJW
02-11-2017, 10:30 PM
But it was clear before they made the signings that they were going to spend big? I thought they would challenge with that sort of money

Why though? Baffles me how anyone could see Everton finishing above 3 of the big 6, i.e, a champions league spot.

swissroll
05-11-2017, 07:41 PM
Everton are in deep 5hit with the leaks today on how they are financed

bradpitt
13-11-2017, 09:11 PM
They’re sniffing around Marco Silva according to the BBC

Kylie_Tracey
13-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Theyíre sniffing around Marco Silva according to the BBC

would he go there? they are a basket case waiting to implode

Jim Cannon
13-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Theyíre sniffing around Marco Silva according to the BBC

Would be happy with that if it derails Watford.

eagles #1
13-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Would be happy with that if it derails Watford.

Lost their last 3 - They're not all that.

Jim Cannon
13-11-2017, 09:50 PM

They can score but can't defend. We can't score or defend too well so it makes them better than us though

meee
13-11-2017, 10:48 PM

Because their defence is an utter mess.He had them above Chelsea with Mariappa and Kabasele at centre back for most of the season.And they should have beaten both Chelsea and Everton away.Silva is a very good manager but I can't see why you would leave Watford for Everton right now.

Happy Arthur
13-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Bit naughty trying to poach a manager that's been at a club 6 months.

elgin eagle
13-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Bit naughty trying to poach a manager that's been at a club 6 months.

I know. We'd kill for loyalty like that.

cpfcfan1
14-11-2017, 08:08 AM
I know. We'd kill for loyalty like that.
[emoji1]

GreatGonzo
14-11-2017, 09:04 AM
They can score but can't defend. We can't score or defend too well so it makes them better than us though

Last 3 games we have conceded 4 and scored 2. Watford have conceded 8 and scored 4.

Like a few teams, they have had a flying start and whilst our position is probably artificially low for the quality we have, there are a few teams, including Watford that are probably artificially high at the moment.

bubbs11
14-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Last 3 games we have conceded 4 and scored 2. Watford have conceded 8 and scored 4.

Like a few teams, they have had a flying start and whilst our position is probably artificially low for the quality we have, there are a few teams, including Watford that are probably artificially high at the moment.

Yes I agree with that. I think fans are finding it hard to adapt to the fact that there are 6 clubs that you just can't touch, then the other 14 are pretty much on a level with each other and fight it out.

Go through a good run - as we did at the start of 2015/16, and you're knocking on Europe and seems you're a class side with a top manager. A few bad results and you're in relegation trouble, manager seems clueless and fans calling for his head.

The margins are so fine in that league of 14. One minute Pardew, Koeman and Howe are flavour of the month, the next they look awful; now it's Silva and Dyche's turn to have people creaming over them, but give it a bad spell and suddenly they won't look so good.

It's probably accounting for the quick turnover of managers. This 'new' 2 tier Premier League is giving a exaggerated sense of how well or badly you're doing.

Prince Phillip
14-11-2017, 10:02 AM
Yes I agree with that. I think fans are finding it hard to adapt to the fact that there are 6 clubs that you just can't touch, then the other 14 are pretty much on a level with each other and fight it out.

Go through a good run - as we did at the start of 2015/16, and you're knocking on Europe and seems you're a class side with a top manager. A few bad results and you're in relegation trouble, manager seems clueless and fans calling for his head.

The margins are so fine in that league of 14. One minute Pardew, Koeman and Howe are flavour of the month, the next they look awful; now it's Silva and Dyche's turn to have people creaming over them, but give it a bad spell and suddenly they won't look so good.

It's probably accounting for the quick turnover of managers. This 'new' 2 tier Premier League is giving a exaggerated sense of how well or badly you're doing.

Great post. It's almost like an extended version of the "Manager of the Month Curse" from the old days.
The BBC Football Correspondent recently spewed out a thousand words online about the magnificence of Watford's setup and they promptly went and lost the next three!

MFBias
14-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Journalists and pundits just simply report recent events as a prophecy, that they know something ordaned when really they may have just won afew games and are playing well at that moment, its isnt analytical, just very obvious. It quickly changes and they will be the first to point to failure when the same players/managers are out of form or have a bad spell.

GreatGonzo
14-11-2017, 11:51 AM

There is also the fact that for most of those 14 teams they might have 1 or 2 players who could get into a top 6 side, then they have a number of PL quality players but very few have a squad with depth to having 2 PL players in 1 position let alone every position like the top 6. You therefore have to rely to an extent on the luck of when injuries and suspensions come.

We have 3 players who might get into a top 6 side in Zaha, Sakho and Benteke. All have missed over half the games so far and never started together. Other clubs who have kept their best players fit and playing week in week out are higher in the table.

If those 3 stay fit from now through to Christmas i do not think we will be in the drop zone when we are tucking into our Turkey.

Celestial Empire
14-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Journalists and pundits just simply report recent events as a prophecy, that they know something ordaned when really they may have just won afew games and are playing well at that moment, its isnt analytical, just very obvious. It quickly changes and they will be the first to point to failure when the same players/managers are out of form or have a bad spell.

It was painfully obvious that none of the punditry had bothered to watch Ruben's games for Palace. Was never going to stop them prattling on though.

Nigelbrag
14-11-2017, 03:27 PM
I am sure i read over the weekend that Silva was happy to stay at Watford for now, and for me that makes sense as he needs to grow his reputation further for now rather than take a risky step too soon, and Everton is a big risk.

meee
20-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Van Gaal heavily backed.