PDA

View Full Version : The fans were an embarrassment

cpfcben
24-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Yes the performance was awful but our so called brilliant support was quite frankly embarrassing. I am ashamed to be a palace fan tonight.

The treatment of Wayne and Pape was a disgrace.

Neillo's Son
24-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Incoming...

jimmy the gent
24-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Won't somebody think of the millionaires.

CPFC.1990
24-10-2017, 09:30 PM
Everytime Wayne Hennessey is picked to represent Crystal Palace Football Club the fans do indeed feel disrespected.

Terrible treatment of Pape though.

CPFC.1990
24-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Yes the performance was awful but our so called brilliant support was quite frankly embarrassing. I am ashamed to be a palace fan tonight.

BTW, you are Hennessey's second biggest fan aren't you? You vote him MOTM in every ratings thread...

SA Eagle
24-10-2017, 09:32 PM

What happened to Hennessey?

Thefunkymonk
24-10-2017, 09:32 PM

Whilst I donít condone what Iíve seen happened to pape.. you honestly think people are going to cheer when we have been served up utter shit for 2 years.. win 1 league game in 9.. travel to Bristol on a Tuesday night to watch that performance. Players are the disgrace ( plus the throbber that threw papes shirt)

NorthPalace23
24-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Criticise the fans. Laughable.

NO other club would be as tolerant as us.

8 defeats out of 9 league games.

No goals in 8 out of 9 league games.

Thumped 4-1 by a Championship club in the cup.

Our support is ******* amazing.

Zohar's Penalty
24-10-2017, 09:33 PM

If you went to restaurant and ordered a chicken Kiev and a can of Fanta, yet you were served a huge plate of steaming excriment with a side of piss, how much would you eat and drink before you complained?

jobiinthelastmi
24-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Hennessey is an embarrassment

newish eagle
24-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Someone told him he had to go in goal on Saturday..

MENTALLY TOUGH
24-10-2017, 09:36 PM

He reached unlucky 13 in his last 3 games

Ooh Betty
If you went to restaurant and ordered a chicken Kiev and a can of Fanta, yet you were served a huge plate of steaming excriment with a side of piss, how much would you eat and drink before you complained?

Apart from the miss spelling of excrement this is the best post on here i have seen.

Hd Eagle would leave a big tip.

SamTheOldGoat

Greatest analogy of all time.

Jim Cannon
24-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Insert calamity joke of your choice here

CPFC.1990
You horrible Palace fans, travelling all that way and not clapping and cheering Wayne on as he expertly collected the ball from the back of the net, graciously kicking it up field for the restart FOUR times.

H.Bomb
Itís funny how fans who Ďvoiceí their disgust at a 4-1 loss (away) are seen as Ďembarrassingí.

palacemetros
24-10-2017, 09:38 PM

:D

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 09:38 PM

What happened to both of them?

I'd be amazed if the fans criticised Pape but I wasn't at the game - only watched it on a stream. Disappointing if this is true.

I feel sorry for the fans who went who were served up such garbage. To be honest, I feel sorry for all of having to watch this team.

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-10-2017, 09:39 PM
2300 Palace fans there tonight. The players don’t deserve such brilliant support

MENTALLY TOUGH
24-10-2017, 09:39 PM

Mmmmmm,Mmmmmmm on sale in the fan zone this Saturday.

Billy Rhino
24-10-2017, 09:40 PM

What sort of restaurants do you go to?:eek::confused:

CPFC.1990
24-10-2017, 09:40 PM
2300 Palace fans there tonight. The players don’t deserve such brilliant support

The thread starter has called ALL 2300 Palace fans in attendance an embarrassment to the club.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 09:41 PM
What was the treatment of Hennessey?

But let's keep this thread realistic too. Criticise some of the fans, by all means, but I am pretty sure you are talking about a very small minority of them.

bodger
24-10-2017, 09:41 PM
Sometimes you need to vent, well done to all the Palace fans who wasted a lot of time and money to watch that dross they deserved better.

Gazza2
24-10-2017, 09:43 PM
2049 Palace there tonight

dim
24-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Fair point...but people are eating there every week....

Zohar's Penalty
24-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Apart from the miss spelling of excrement this is the best post on here i have seen.

Hd Eagle would leave a big tip.

I donít write the word to often to be fair!

In all seriousness I have zero sympathy for the players and every sympathy with our supporters who deserve so much better.

Pikie Punisher
24-10-2017, 09:46 PM

Most of it if it was KFC, better alternative to the former!

Pub Idol
24-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Excellent support until the gutless wankers on the pitch gave up. As usual...

stamford triumph
24-10-2017, 09:47 PM
The fans were fantastic tonight until we went 4-1 down. Understandably there was incredulity amongst us at the inept defending and goalkeeping. Some sang Speroni's name, some got into fisticuffs with each other. Most of us just stood there with a look of bemusement and resignation on our faces.

Mr Palace
24-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Also, let's not tar all our fans with the same brush. A small minority doesn't have to reflect on all those brilliant 2,000 fans that travelled. Respect to them. It's garbage watching us these days and we deserve better.

jmemour
24-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Hennessey had the whole away end cheering when he made even basic catches. After the fourth goal the whole away end chanted Julesí name. He got dogs abuse at the end of the game.

All thoroughly deserved.

Winny
24-10-2017, 09:49 PM

You some sort of prick?

Treatment of pape was unjust but I think every single ******* fan whoís been the length and width of the country this season following this pile of piss has a right to vent their aggressions now.

The team deserved 200 fans at best not the 2000 that took a day of work, lost money in going down there to watch that turgid shite.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Hennessey had the whole away end cheering when he made even basic catches. After the fourth goal the whole away end chanted Julesí name. He got dogs abuse at the end of the game.

All thoroughly deserved.

Thanks for the info. I do have some sympathy for him in that case as it can't be easy. But at the same time his performances have been poor for far too long and he obviously has struggled to find any consistent form (in a Palace shirt) ever since he dropped that clanger against Villa almost 2 years ago.

Vicious circle though. He plays poorly, he gets abuse, which affects his performances even more, so then he gets even worse abuse. It's a sad situation for him and the fans.

Penstone Eagle
24-10-2017, 09:53 PM

Get lost.

Only one embarrassment tonight and that was yet another display of incompetence, it's rife at this club.

TomEagle
24-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Yeah, ******* embarrassing fans, travelling all the way to Bristol on a Tuesday night and watching that shit... and paying for the pleasure of it. They should have just kept their mouths shut and politely applauded the team at the end for all their hard work and endeavours.

Palace121
24-10-2017, 09:55 PM
Will somebody please say what happened to Pape?

palacemetros
24-10-2017, 09:56 PM
The fans were fantastic tonight until we went 4-1 down. Understandably there was incredulity amongst us at the inept defending and goalkeeping. Some sang Speroni's name, some got into fisticuffs with each other. Most of us just stood there with a look of bemusement and resignation on our faces.

Now, that sounds familiar.....

IanH
24-10-2017, 09:57 PM
This is probably not going to go down well on here but these players are living in a complete bubble and have no connection with the real world. The money they are earning is a disgrace considering the rubbish that they have been producing on the pitch for 2 years now. It will only be when the fans turn on the players that they might wake up and smell the coffee. I donít think we are quite there yet but I feel it is coming. And when it does happen the fall out will be immense.

Harry Holmesdale
24-10-2017, 09:58 PM
What happened to Pape?

H.Bomb
24-10-2017, 09:59 PM

Letís all clap another inept performance.

AddoWolz
24-10-2017, 09:59 PM
The fans weren't an embarrassment , The fans were magnificent ,The players , each and every one of them except RLC were a ******* disgrace.

Big Gav
24-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I do have some sympathy for him in that case as it can't be easy. But at the same time his performances have been poor for far too long and he obviously has struggled to find any consistent form (in a Palace shirt) ever since he dropped that clanger against Villa almost 2 years ago.

Vicious circle though. He plays poorly, he gets abuse, which affects his performances even more, so then he gets even worse abuse. It's a sad situation for him and the fans.

As far as I can remember he hasn't received any abuse, at least not that I have heard. But enough is enough now he's poor performances have been going on far too long and understandably fans have had enough

CP-RJW
24-10-2017, 10:01 PM
I’ve been fairly vocal on here about how I hated the booing at the Swansea and Huddersfield matches as I believe only negative consequences can come from it, but **** me, 4-1 loss to Bristol away on a Tuesday night. Fans who paid and travelled for shite of that magnitude can say, scream, shout, chant, whatever the **** they want. Shame about Pape but luckily a small minority of the away end if ‘reports’ are to be believed.

jmemour
24-10-2017, 10:02 PM

Iím sorry, maybe Iím just more of a cynic than you, but I think the reason that he gets this abuse is that he doesnít appear to give a flying f... Palace fans will embrace crap players who care, what they wonít have is people who look like they donít want to get hurt or dig in and put in a performance.

Hennessey gets the brunt of it because heís proved these lack of qualities for so fckn long that weíre all getting to the end of our tether.

Se9 eagles
24-10-2017, 10:02 PM

Best he ****s off then...

tompalace
24-10-2017, 10:03 PM
A group of fans at the front of the stand gestured for the Palace players to come over. Souare (the only on to do so) went over to the group and chucked his shirt in. The group continued to gesture for players to come over, I think they particularity wanted Puncheon to do so. Another fan then ran down the steps got hold of Souares shirt and threw it back on the pitch. This was very very unfair on a player who has been out injured for almost a year and has worked extremely hard to get back. But, as with anything, this was the action of a minority and most probably just one fan, who after watching that performance was angry and upset, and unfortunately expressed it in this way.

tompalace
24-10-2017, 10:04 PM
What happened to Pape?

A group of fans at the front of the stand gestured for the Palace players to come over. Souare (the only on to do so) went over to the group and chucked his shirt in. The group continued to gesture for players to come over, I think they particularity wanted Puncheon to do so. Another fan then ran down the steps got hold of Souares shirt and threw it back on the pitch. This was very very unfair on a player who has been out injured for almost a year and has worked extremely hard to get back. But, as with anything, this was the action of a minority and most probably just one fan, who after watching that performance was angry and upset, and unfortunately expressed it in this way.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

TouchyAndalou

Hd Eagle would leave a big tip.Paging Miss Spelling. Are you there, Miss?

cpfcben
BTW, you are Hennessey's second biggest fan aren't you? You vote him MOTM in every ratings thread...

I am not Wayne biggest fan at all. He is an average keeper but the actions of the fans at the ground is nothing short of moronic.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Best he ****s off then...

Well, yeah, although I'm not using that term, it may well be best to part company. But of course that would leave us with only 1 first team keeper. The biggest problem is that we didn't replace Mandanda.

Penstone Eagle
24-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Yeah, ******* embarrassing fans, travelling all the way to Bristol on a Tuesday night and watching that shit... and paying for the pleasure of it. They should have just kept their mouths shut and politely applauded the team at the end for all their hard work and endeavours.

I left when the 4th went in many did. Gutless overpaid wankers.

RLC didn't give a toss, PVA was Bristol's best player.

Perhaps the club might just squeeze an apology out, doubt it though.

This club stinks at the moment.

TouchyAndalou
24-10-2017, 10:08 PM
2300 Palace fans there tonight. The players donít deserve such brilliant supportOh yeah? Well the fans don't deserve such brilliant players, how about that?! Henners, Kelly, PVA...

Um nevermind.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
I’m sorry, maybe I’m just more of a cynic than you, but I think the reason that he gets this abuse is that he doesn’t appear to give a flying f... Palace fans will embrace crap players who care, what they won’t have is people who look like they don’t want to get hurt or dig in and put in a performance.

Hennessey gets the brunt of it because he’s proved these lack of qualities for so fckn long that we’re all getting to the end of our tether.

I do think he cares, I really do. But I think he is hopelessly out of form, playing at a level above his ability and really struggling with that.

I completely understand why fans express their frustrations with too though. I feel at the end of my tether with most of this squad too. Gutless all round tonight and very few of them have the mentality to play at this level of football.

He shouldn't be have been our number 1 keeper at the start of the season (and neither should Jules) but that's because this club made a complete and utter mess of the transfer window.

CPFC.1990
I am not Wayne biggest fan at all. He is an average keeper but the actions of the fans at the ground is nothing short of moronic.

It seems 99% on here disagree.

stamford triumph
24-10-2017, 10:09 PM
The more I think about it the more I think our support was immense tonight. How many other teams would take 2000 to a midweek nothing cup game and sing continuously until 4-1 down. Even managed to get a laugh towards the end by singing 'you're nothing special we lose every week'. Most also stayed until the end but then no one knew quite what to do - clap, boo, laugh, cry. Some couldn't decide so traded punches with each other. Ridiculous thread title.

CP-RJW
He is an average keeper .

Good one :D Needed a laugh.

Penstone Eagle
The fans weren't an embarrassment , The fans were magnificent ,The players , each and every one of them except RLC were a ******* disgrace.

RLC was pony.

Penstone Eagle
24-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Excellent support until the gutless wankers on the pitch gave up. As usual...

Spot on.

Se9 eagles
24-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Well, yeah, although I'm not using that term, it may well be best to part company. But of course that would leave us with only 1 first team keeper. The biggest problem is that we didn't replace Mandanda.

Yes but we've had a year to sort this out.It really beggars belief.As I posted earlier it's criminal negligence by the club....

shropfan
24-10-2017, 10:12 PM
He came on for about 10-15 mins, tried hard and was no worse than the rest. At the end, presumably pleased to have had another first team outing under his belt on his road to recovery, he came across and threw his shirt to the fans at the front. Unfortunately, the mindless 'lads' who were giving general abuse to the team, threw it back on the pitch. It was disrespectful to a guy who suffered an horrendous accident, has worked hard to get back and in no way was responsible for what happened tonight.
He collected it and was consoled by Puncheon as a large contingent chanted his name and somebody confronted the moron who threw it.

The person who was responsible for what happened tonight was PVA who was absolutely dreadful throughout, changed the entire course of the game when he served up their first goal on a plate and wasn't on the pitch to face the anger of the fans at the end!

I am certainly not a Hennessey man, but would never boo a player in a Palace shirt. He was not too blame for tonight and the abuse was harsh. The only goal I blame him for was the third. But he never produces that great save which lifts fans and players like a striker's goal would. He makes the bread and butter stuff look difficult!

Penstone Eagle
24-10-2017, 10:17 PM
He came on for about 10-15 mins, tried hard and was no worse than the rest. At the end, presumably pleased to have had another first team outing under his belt on his road to recovery, he came across and threw his shirt to the fans at the front. Unfortunately, the mindless 'lads' who were giving general abuse to the team, threw it back on the pitch. It was disrespectful to a guy who suffered an horrendous accident, has worked hard to get back and in no way was responsible for what happened tonight.
He collected and was consoled by Puncheonas a large contingent chanted his name and somebody confronted the moron who threw it.

The person who was responsible for what happened tonight was PVA who was absolutely dreadful throughout, changed the entire course of the game when he served up their first goal on a plate and wasn't on the pitch to face the anger of the fans at the end!

I am certainly not a Hennessey man, but would never boo a player in a Palace shirt. He was not too blame for tonight and the abuse was harsh. The only goal I blame him for was the third. But he never produces that great save which lifts fans and players like a striker's goal would. He makes the bread and butter stuff look difficult!

PVA was City's best player, he clearly doesn't want to be here, he's a liability and never acknowledges his errors.

Complete wanker.

stamford triumph
24-10-2017, 10:20 PM
PVA was City's best player, he clearly doesn't want to be here, he's a liability and never acknowledges his errors.

Complete wanker.
When they showed the replay of their first on the big screen it seemed as though he was looking straight at their forward for ages before he headed it to him. Made me think of far east betting syndicates for some reason.

CP-RJW
24-10-2017, 10:22 PM

Complete wanker.
Sunderland fans did warn us.

western eagle
24-10-2017, 10:26 PM
He collected it and was consoled by Puncheon as a large contingent chanted his name and somebody confronted the moron who threw it.

This is exactly what I saw and is exactly how I feel about the match and Hennessey. You are my Palace twin.

It's not as bad as Sunderland at home yet, but it's getting there. Somehow we need to make West Ham on Saturday like Middlesborough at home was.

Meanwhile, I bet Bristol City wish they could play us every week. It's always a disaster there.

Jon_C-Pal
24-10-2017, 10:35 PM
So PVA followed up missing 2 open goals with what can only be described as a weak, worthless, pitiful performance and fans are being called an embarassment? Well **** me

shropfan
24-10-2017, 10:43 PM
Up till their equaliser we were coasting. The gulf in class was clear. We moved the ball slickly and effectively at speed; there was energy and pace. Sakho was lively and scored a well taken goal, Lee hit a thunderous volley against the bar.
Then PVA worked hard to giftwrap their goal and it all unravelled!

richdeniro
24-10-2017, 10:45 PM
The players were more of an embarrassment than the fans. I don’t get to many away games often due to the cost but saved up for this one since the draw was announced and to see a performance like that makes me wonder what’s the point. You don’t mind it so much when it’s a home game as it’s part and parcel of the season ticket but to blow £100+ and two days annual leave and then see the players show so little makes me question wtf I’m doing wasting so much money on a night like tonight. Could accept it more even if we were a Championship club like we were in the Peter Taylor era but we’re supposed to be a Premier League club with 100k a week players.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 10:47 PM
Yes but we've had a year to sort this out.It really beggars belief.As I posted earlier it's criminal negligence by the club....

Well I'm pretty sure it isn't criminal but, yes, it is abysmal leadership from the top.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 10:50 PM

While I agree with a lot of what you say and that PVA's lazy, bored defending cost us the first goal - I think the whole team have to take responsibility for their pathetic reaction to the goal. Whenever we concede one we look likely to collapse and Players like Kelly and Tomkins particularly seem to fold.

LegalEagle
24-10-2017, 10:53 PM

That's a perfect summary. Souare came on, misplaced a few passes, much like the rest of them. The mess of a second half wasn't his fault - they were all really poor, quality and confidence completely draining after a decent first 20 mins. When we went 3-1 down I said to my sons 'let's see who stands up to be counted'. None of the players did, except perhaps Sako, who kept working hard.

Zohar's Penalty
24-10-2017, 10:55 PM
So PVA followed up missing 2 open goals with what can only be described as a weak, worthless, pitiful performance and fans are being called an embarassment? Well **** me

Itís starting to look like PVA is a complete thundercunt of a human. The defending for the first goal is beyond a joke. You would do well to see that on a Sunday morning on Clapham Common. Iíve watched it back and genuinely think he might be trying to assist their forward.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash
24-10-2017, 10:56 PM
That's a perfect summary. Souare came on, misplaced a few passes, much like the rest of them. The mess of a second half wasn't his fault - they were all really poor, quality and confidence completely draining after a decent first 20 mins. When we went 3-1 down I said to my sons 'let's see who stands up to be counted'. None of the players did, except perhaps Sako, who kept working hard.

That's why I'm so fed up with them tonight. The likes of Tomkins and Kelly are shrinking violets once things go wrong. And they are our centre backs!! No signs of leadership from Puncheon, Lee went in to hiding and even Loftus-Cheek, so positive early on, faded out of the game.

Yoda
24-10-2017, 11:06 PM
When they showed the replay of their first on the big screen it seemed as though he was looking straight at their forward for ages before he headed it to him. Made me think of far east betting syndicates for some reason.

As did I, which also reminded me of Leeís appalling back pass earlier this season.

And the two great chances to score recently that PVA didnít get close to putting away.

Can one team really make so many terrible mistakes...yes, ofcourse it can.

Be we do seem to be having more than our fair share of total screw ups.

topseagle
24-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Dear CPFC Ben, try going to a game one day ... you may learn something! Over 2000 of us went today, a fair distance on a Tuesday night. Five or so fans indeed disgraced themselves by throwing the shirt but the rest of us loudly applauded him when he came on and gave him a good reception, as true fans should. Hennessey has been terrible and so you can't blame fans for chanting against him. Even if you disagree with that treatment you should also respect that the vast majority of us stayed until the end and shows true commitment tonight. From what I've read it's you that is the disgrace.

Langers
24-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Hennessey had the whole away end cheering when he made even basic catches. After the fourth goal the whole away end chanted Jules’ name. He got dogs abuse at the end of the game.

All thoroughly deserved.

The vast majority who were there tonight didn’t join in with the boo boy abuse of WH - counter productive scapegoating.

Yoda
24-10-2017, 11:15 PM
The players were more of an embarrassment than the fans. I donít get to many away games often due to the cost but saved up for this one since the draw was announced and to see a performance like that makes me wonder whatís the point. You donít mind it so much when itís a home game as itís part and parcel of the season ticket but to blow £100+ and two days annual leave and then see the players show so little makes me question wtf Iím doing wasting so much money on a night like tonight. Could accept it more even if we were a Championship club like we were in the Peter Taylor era but weíre supposed to be a Premier League club with 100k a week players.

I sympathise. We nearly went, but decided we couldnít devote 2 days to the trip, which I now view as a lucky escape.

Some of those players earn more in a week than fans earn in a year...thatís the shocking truth.

Yes, Palace knocked it around nicely at first and their first goal was down to human error/stupidity. But Iíd expect my sonís team to fight back with more passion than most of these showed after that.

Did a Palace player even receive a yellow card? I didnít see one, but our coverage was glitchy. I saw a couple of robust tackles by TF-M, but what about the rest of them. Powder puff.

danpalace07
24-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Superfan alert! Superfan alert! Superfan alert!

Zohar's Penalty
24-10-2017, 11:19 PM
The vast majority who were there tonight didn’t join in with the boo boy abuse - counter productive scapegoating.

Agggggjhhhjjhhhhh ffs. Counter productive?? We were the worst team in the entire league in 2016. We have made the worst start to a season in Premier League history. We now find ourselves bottom with 3 points from a possible 27, we have zero centre forwards, we have only scored twice all season in the league, and one was an own goal. We haven’t scored a goal away from home in 6 whole months. We seem to have two backup keepers and zero first team keepers. We’ve just been humped 4-1 by Bristol bloody City.

Counter productive?!? How can it be- it literally couldn’t get any worse! If people want to have a ******* boo and shout some abuse, then let them.

Also at what point does a scapegoat stop and a dogshit footballer start?

SJ'sLoveMonkey
24-10-2017, 11:20 PM
Agggggjhhhjjhhhhh ffs. Counter productive?? We were the worst team in the entire league in 2016. We have mad the worst start to a season in Premier League history. We now find ourselves bottom with 3 points from a possible 27, we have zero centre forwards, we have only scored twice all season in the league, and one was an own goal. We havenít scored a goal away from home in 6 whole months. We seem to have two backup keepers and zero first team keepers. Weíve just been humped 4-1 by Bristol bloody City.

Counter productive?!? How can it be- it literally couldnít get any worse! If people want to have a ******* boo and shout some abuse, then let them.

At Patrick Van Aanholt

Langers
24-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Agggggjhhhjjhhhhh ffs. Counter productive?? We were the worst team in the entire league in 2016. We have made the worst start to a season in Premier League history. We now find ourselves bottom with 3 points from a possible 27, we have zero centre forwards, we have only scored twice all season in the league, and one was an own goal. We havenít scored a goal away from home in 6 whole months. We seem to have two backup keepers and zero first team keepers. Weíve just been humped 4-1 by Bristol bloody City.

Counter productive?!? How can it be- it literally couldnít get any worse! If people want to have a ******* boo and shout some abuse, then let them.

Iím knackered from the round trip and hacked off with that performance.

But why single out WH tonight? Iím no fan but if Jules gets injured or loses form then who do we turn to? Fans favourite WH?

Some how we need to stay up and we may well need a confident WH.

Sp1Eagle
24-10-2017, 11:30 PM

Support was superb tonight.

Kylie_Tracey
24-10-2017, 11:32 PM

going to have to give you a neg for this, the team and the management were an utter embarrassment and disgrace tonight, our hard working fans have a right to voice their displeasure.

dim
24-10-2017, 11:34 PM
Agggggjhhhjjhhhhh ffs. Counter productive?? We were the worst team in the entire league in 2016. We have made the worst start to a season in Premier League history. We now find ourselves bottom with 3 points from a possible 27, we have zero centre forwards, we have only scored twice all season in the league, and one was an own goal. We havenít scored a goal away from home in 6 whole months. We seem to have two backup keepers and zero first team keepers. Weíve just been humped 4-1 by Bristol bloody City.

Two posts of the year tonight ZP.

Kylie_Tracey
24-10-2017, 11:36 PM

add to that an idiot of a manager

tasty_snacks
24-10-2017, 11:51 PM
at what point does a scapegoat stop and a dogshit footballer start?

If you accept that supporters create a positive experience for their team by dint of the atmosphere they create, you have to accept that they are also capable of creating a negative experience.

For a player, coming out and playing every other week in front of supporters who have taken a dislike to you - and make that known - is going to demotivate you. Unless you're the Roy Keane sort who thrives on being a ****.

So it begs the question, if you support Palace above all else and want the club to succeed, what can be gained by behaving in the way a few people did this evening? It's illogical and incompatible with your end goals.

But anyway, I thought the support on the whole was ******* fantastic.

jmemour
24-10-2017, 11:53 PM
I do think he cares, I really do. But I think he is hopelessly out of form, playing at a level above his ability and really struggling with that.

I completely understand why fans express their frustrations with too though. I feel at the end of my tether with most of this squad too. Gutless all round tonight and very few of them have the mentality to play at this level of football.

He shouldn't be have been our number 1 keeper at the start of the season (and neither should Jules) but that's because this club made a complete and utter mess of the transfer window.

No mate sorry. He doesnít give a toss, he lacks any bravery and commitment. Iíve never seen a keeper less willing to get hurt to save a goal. I can handle rubbish players I canít handle shithouses who decide to turn up and play well for their country but not the people that actually fkn pay them. The guy can be released as far as Iím concerned, Iíve had enough of him.

Dorking .Eagle
25-10-2017, 12:00 AM
I'm amazed so many seemingly bothered to stay till the end to express their feelings - 82 minutes was all I could muster really couldn't face the same gridlock we had getting across the city before the game again!!! An early exit was more attractive than staying to the bitter end TBH.

gilesy14
25-10-2017, 12:03 AM

Tarring every fan who was there with that brush? **** off you stupid ****.

cpfcben
25-10-2017, 12:07 AM

Ironic cheers every time he touched the ball. Singing for Julian Speroni. If we want to blame individuals for tonight WH is nowhere near the first show should be picked out.

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 12:08 AM
Got home about 10 minutes ago.

**** you Roy Hodgson, **** you Wayne Hennessey and **** you Patrick van Aanholt.

Absolute shithouse *****.

cpfcben
25-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Tarring every fan who was there with that brush? **** off you stupid ****.

I am not saying it was everyone but there was a reasonable percentage joining in.

danpalace07
25-10-2017, 12:10 AM
I am not saying it was everyone but there was a reasonable percentage joining in.

good

Robson
25-10-2017, 12:17 AM
As has already been written, we have been dogshit for 22 months (bar a cup final, which we lost). Since the 4-0 Sunderland, we slipped from being merely dogshit - us Palace fans are used to that, after all - to being an embarrassment, which many fans are understandably finding it hard to tolerate.

Sure, there's been the odd headline result against the big boys, but the week in week out stuff has been appalling.

Well done to the club for assembling such a spineless and/or incompetent bunch of individuals for such vast sums of money. It is, in its own way, quite some achievement.

laths
25-10-2017, 12:40 AM
Baldrick for manager - he must have some untried cunning plans that might just work.

OriginalNutter
25-10-2017, 12:44 AM
RLC was pony.

I've just got back. Dont agree with this at all. I thought until 3-1 he was the best palace player on the pitch. After the 3rd went in he quite rightly must have been thought why should he bother if no one else is.

Groinstrain
25-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Just back to my holiday apartment in Cornwall to a load of piss taking. Threw my shirt on the bed while getting changed and my missus threw it back at me! But I'm not complaining; just gonna go have a word with myself about why I thought it a good idea to go tonight!
I'm hoping all the players involved tonight are also having a word with themselves; somehow I don't think they give a shit though

macstar
25-10-2017, 12:49 AM
PVA getting loads of stick. Clearly not many of you watched much of the premier league before he came to palace. Its clear he isnt a defender, but he actually helped us stay up last year and should be chipping in with a few goals..unfortunately not so far this season...but then who else has been....

he should play left mid/wing but not left back.

gilesy14
25-10-2017, 12:51 AM
PVA getting loads of stick. Clearly not many of you watched much of the premier league before he came to palace. Its clear he isnt a defender, but he actually helped us stay up last year and should be chipping in with a few goals..unfortunately not so far this season...but then who else has been....

Schlupp played far more of a role in us staying up than PvA.

OriginalNutter
25-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Support was superb tonight.

I agree.:p

aj4england
25-10-2017, 01:14 AM

Yes but unfortunately dothering Roy doesn't know this or who are his best players

alf
25-10-2017, 01:16 AM

Err, not all of the travelling fans chanted Speroni's name so let's not tar everyone with the same brush.

Also the fans (dressed in dark clothing) who gestured Pape over, took his shirt and then threw it back on the pitch should be ashamed of themselves. At least Pape came over to the supporters at the end. If you don't like what you see don't bother going. I've had over 53 years of it following Palace. It's the Palace way.....get use to it....or go and support someone else!

CharlieCPFC
25-10-2017, 05:20 AM
I salute each and every person who made the effort for that last night.

They deserved much more than that. That team on paper should at least be competing with Bristol City not getting walked on like that.

TheMexicanHorse
25-10-2017, 05:24 AM
The biggest shock here is reading that Papa Soure wasn’t filming himself on social media at the time.
Suspect he left that For his car journey home as per normal

Ralph
25-10-2017, 05:33 AM
Yes but unfortunately dothering Roy doesn't know this or who are his best players

He clearly does know who his best players are. None of those who played last night.

He himself said itís our second string.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 06:09 AM

Spot on. And at least he tries.

Penstone Eagle
25-10-2017, 06:15 AM

He's turd.

Sulks, doesn't want to be here.

Sooner he **** off the better.

spt1978
25-10-2017, 06:26 AM
Completely forgot about this match, makes me a rubbish fan but I feel lucky to have forgotten.

IanH
25-10-2017, 06:52 AM

For away games, I would play PVA ahead of Schlupp to solidify that side. Maybe move Townsend up top as a false 9. Schlupp seems a better defender to me - I seem to remember he had a really good game at Chelsea last year.

jaspercpfc
25-10-2017, 07:02 AM
The biggest shock here is reading that Papa Soure wasnít filming himself on social media at the time.

Sako took it one step further last week, by filming himself whilst having his car cleaned by some eastern Europeans. Talk about being out of touch with reality. This is the shithouse who wears bespoke Ryu boots, and picks up 50k a week. BTWl All credit to the fans who went last night. Special mention for Bentram who somehow still manages a smile despite doing every away game and spending his hard earneed £££ on that dross.

JDawg
25-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Fans were an embarrassment? Grow up! I think the fans have been very supportive over the past two years and do not just sing when were winning. Theres been precious little of that. Perhaps this episode may just underline to the player how unacceptable that was and not to take things for granted.

lofty3rgj
25-10-2017, 09:03 AM
:):)

GreatGonzo
25-10-2017, 09:07 AM

We disagree on so much but could not agree with you more here. Spot on.

GreatGonzo
25-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Fans were an embarrassment? Grow up! I think the fans have been very supportive over the past two years and do not just sing when were winning. Theres been precious little of that. Perhaps this episode may just underline to the player how unacceptable that was and not to take things for granted.

Some fans were an embarrassment.

There is no doubt that for most of the first half the support was exceptional and better than anyone could have expected
The majority of that team last night deserved to be booed and criticised and the displeasure of those that travelled was rightly shown
The singling out of WH as the closest and easiest target was counter productive and unfair on a player who was far from the worst performer on the night
Throwing a players shirt back at him whne he has thrown it into the crowd, agan when he was far from the worst on the night was incredibly poor too

Pub Idol
25-10-2017, 09:28 AM
I don't really care if Wayne got stick - Not even fussed that one person threw Papes shirt back. More worried about myself and the fact that supporting Palace is becoming a bit of a misery these days. That's my main concern.

Sp1Eagle
25-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Ironic cheers every time he touched the ball. Singing for Julian Speroni. If we want to blame individuals for tonight WH is nowhere near the first show should be picked out.
Go watch the sky highlights. You can hear us chanting WH name ffs.

switchboard
25-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Some fans were an embarrassment.

There is no doubt that for most of the first half the support was exceptional and better than anyone could have expected
The majority of that team last night deserved to be booed and criticised and the displeasure of those that travelled was rightly shown
The singling out of WH as the closest and easiest target was counter productive and unfair on a player who was far from the worst performer on the night
Throwing a players shirt back at him whne he has thrown it into the crowd, agan when he was far from the worst on the night was incredibly poor too

I know Soare has only come back but what was he thinking throwing his shirt into the crowd when we lost 4-1?!

OriginalNutter
25-10-2017, 09:36 AM
He clearly does know who his best players are. None of those who played last night.

They are still Premier League players playing for a Premier league club. It's embarrassing

PT109
25-10-2017, 09:46 AM
....More worried about myself and the fact that supporting Palace is becoming a bit of a misery these days. That's my main concern.
Mate you are not even new here and you are saying that. You must have a very, very short memory ha.

sw16girl
25-10-2017, 09:48 AM

For gods sake give it a rest. You do not like Roy - in fact you are probably sitting there hoping we are going to lose matches so you can leap in and have a go - we get it.

sw16girl
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM

Do you think he might have play PVA instead of Schlupp in a midweek cup game because he does know exactly who his best players are - or are you suggesting we should have put out our strongest team yesterday?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
25-10-2017, 10:02 AM
The treatment of Souare was way out of order. The bloke has been through such a tough time, at one point doubtful that he would ever play football again, and his hard work behind the scenes to recovery has been fantastic.

Hennessey, on the other hand, can f*** off.

Yoda
25-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Didn’t go to the match, but had an intermittent stream.

Fans sounded v supportive until 3-1, after which I can understand them giving up the ghost...clearly most of the team had already.

I’m not one for booing, so it’s not something I condone. If I’m at the match, then I support or go home. So if fans have had enough or want a refund (there’s another thread on that), I suggest they don’t buy a ticket for the next away match and spend the money doing something else they enjoy.

Give yourselves a Saturday off, you deserve it.

Sad to read what happened with Papa, but I guess he misread the mood, and maybe that fan didn’t click who it was in the heat of the moment? Maybe they both regret their actions and would happily man-hug this morning?!

Groinstrain
25-10-2017, 10:29 AM
The treatment of Souare was way out of order. The bloke has been through such a tough time, at one point doubtful that he would ever play football again, and his hard work behind the scenes to recovery has been fantastic.

Maybe it was out of order; but what it does do is demonstrate how out of touch the players are with the fans. It's one thing throwing your shirt into the crowd after a match winning performance and another after 'showcasing' how to give the ball away continuously! A bit of self awareness required?

palacemetros
25-10-2017, 10:32 AM
The players were more of an embarrassment than the fans. I donít get to many away games often due to the cost but saved up for this one since the draw was announced and to see a performance like that makes me wonder whatís the point. You donít mind it so much when itís a home game as itís part and parcel of the season ticket but to blow £100+ and two days annual leave and then see the players show so little makes me question wtf Iím doing wasting so much money on a night like tonight. Could accept it more even if we were a Championship club like we were in the Peter Taylor era but weíre supposed to be a Premier League club with 100k a week players.

It may have been said already but the players, management, chairman/owners should read this and feel nothing but shame! I understand that following your team is a choice, but this club will soon find that the it will become associated with fickle fans who only go in the good times - the mark of a proper Premier League Club. Well done CPFC. Guys like this poster will be lost to you but I am beginning to get the impression that you don't care!

As for the OP's comments - I think overall you may regret what you have said.

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
25-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Maybe it was out of order; but what it does do is demonstrate how out of touch the players are with the fans. It's one thing throwing your shirt into the crowd after a match winning performance and another after showcasing how to give the ball away continuously! Yeah fair enough - I suppose he was just thinking about his own recovery path rather than how the fans might be feeling on a shitty Tuesday evening away having seen the team self-destruct against a bunch of wankers like Bristol City. Perhaps his multi-million pound wage packet will make him feel better.

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 10:43 AM
I know Soare has only come back but what was he thinking throwing his shirt into the crowd when we lost 4-1?!

:D

He completely misread the situation.

The lads at the front were telling the players to come over and ******* explain themselves (Which of course they bottled)...And poor Pape thought they were asking for his shirt :D

Quite funny really.

waddoneagle
25-10-2017, 10:45 AM

Spot on

davematt
25-10-2017, 10:48 AM
This is probably not going to go down well on here but these players are living in a complete bubble and have no connection with the real world. The money they are earning is a disgrace considering the rubbish that they have been producing on the pitch for 2 years now. It will only be when the fans turn on the players that they might wake up and smell the coffee. I donít think we are quite there yet but I feel it is coming. And when it does happen the fall out will be immense.

Well, it happened vs. Sunderland.

Think history might repeat itself on Saturday x5 IF we put in a stinking performance.

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Well, it happened vs. Sunderland.

Think history might repeat itself on Saturday x5 IF we put in a stinking performance.

:p

Eaglefoz
25-10-2017, 11:07 AM
I was there last night. Did not see any reason for Pape or Hennessey in particular to be given a bad time.
However Hennessey has become the focus of fans hate not for what he did or did not do last night but for what has gone on before.
I joined in the general booing of the team after the game (first time I have ever done so), they deserved it (as a team not any particular individuals). If I was to pick anybody who was worse than the others it would have been PVA, not Pape or Hennessey based on the nights performance.

I do feel, instead of giving him shit, we need to give the guy some confidence, can you imagine Jules getting injured on Saturday and Wayne coming on with zero confidence having to play in front of his home fans being shouted and screamed at by us. Yes he earns a lot of money, but why the **** should he give a **** for us.

For the record I have always said I will support whichever keeper is in goal, when the shirt was Speroni's I defended him against some idiots on here who wanted to criticise everything he did, I have also defended Hennessey from other idiots doing the same to him. They are what we have, rightly or wrongly, and confidence is what any keeper needs more than anything.

The blame for all this lies at the Managements door solely for such a crap transfer window. We should have replaced Steve Mandanda, should have got another striker in.

Pub Idol
25-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Agree with the players living in a bubble - PVA seems like a right tool.

Groinstrain
25-10-2017, 11:15 AM
Yeah fair enough - I suppose he was just thinking about his own recovery path rather than how the fans might be feeling on a shitty Tuesday evening away having seen the team self-destruct against a bunch of wankers like Bristol City. Perhaps his multi-million pound wage packet will make him feel better.

He's done amazingly well with his recovery; I guess we can all agree there will hopefully be a more positive time where we can all celebrate his efforts. We all need to stay positive, these players have shown in the past they are capable and need to do so again quickly!

davematt
25-10-2017, 11:16 AM
The disconnect between fans and clubs in general has never been so big in this country.

I know many other fans of PL clubs who feel the same.

It doesn't help that the money has become so much that your seeing pretty average joe's (we have more than a handful of good examples) that are earning more in a week than your average fan earns in a year.

And yes, it does cause a disconnect. Its harder for fans to relate to players more than ever. And when your seeing such poor, lethargic performances it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

aj4england
25-10-2017, 11:19 AM

We will see if PVA lines up on saturday.

Ultimately the frustration of the fans is being aimed at the players, when in the most part, it lies firmly at the feet of the board who have continuously made poor transfer and manager dealings over the last 2 1/2 years and it has all come to a head now.

aj4england
25-10-2017, 11:21 AM
As for fans were an embarrassment, first 40 mins was some of the best support iv seen us give an away side in years, baring in mind
A. We havent scored a goal away from home all season
B. We are rock bottom of the league
C. We fielded a team of players who either didnt care or if they did, simply arent good enough

CP-RJW
25-10-2017, 11:23 AM
The disconnect between fans and clubs in general has never been so big in this country.

It doesn't help that the money has become so much that your seeing pretty average joe's (we have more than a handful of good examples) that are earning more in a week than your average fan earns in a year.

And yes, it does cause a disconnect. Its harder for fans to relate to players more than ever. And when your seeing such poor, lethargic performances it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.
When we’re shit, the club is a shambles, players are disconnected from fanbase etc. When we’re decent, special club, great spirit etc. Look at Watford right now, genuinely one of the the most mercenary squads in the league, a load of random players from Granada and Udinese, yet none of their fans are worried about a disconnect are they because they’re doing well.

jmemour
25-10-2017, 11:27 AM
As for fans were an embarrassment, first 40 mins was some of the best support iv seen us give an away side in years, baring in mind
A. We havent scored a goal away from home all season
B. We are rock bottom of the league
C. We fielded a team of players who either didnt care or if they did, simply arent good enough

One of Bristol City's fans said on their forums that it was the best away support he'd seen in years. It only went flat at 4-1 when the team gave up.

917L
25-10-2017, 11:28 AM
We will see if PVA lines up on saturday.

I wouldn't even want to see him on the bench

If he starts it would be interesting to hear the reaction from the stands.

Maz
25-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Maybe it was out of order; but what it does do is demonstrate how out of touch the players are with the fans. It's one thing throwing your shirt into the crowd after a match winning performance and another after 'showcasing' how to give the ball away continuously! A bit of self awareness required?

Maybe Papa did it because he was just glad to be back on a pitch?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels
25-10-2017, 11:30 AM
The disconnect between fans and clubs in general has never been so big in this country. Yup - you only have to look at the empty seats at Wembley for England games, and the almost total lack of England shirts or support in the pubs on match days compared to, say, 10+ years ago to realise how bad things are.

Lee sinnots ear
25-10-2017, 11:48 AM
So we are a disgrace are we?
We have endured two years of misery (all bar the cup run) lost 8 games out 9 this season not scoring in 8 on top of the horror end to last season. this is the third relegation fight in a row one that now looks likely to be the last for a bit. On our fourth manager in 10 months and have a squad that a five year old could tell you is chronically unbalanced.
YET.. we take 2300 to Bristol, sell out at Newcastle and sell out every home match . And we are a disgrace????? I suggest the thread starter is another of these awful snowflakes who get offended at anything. Please GET REAL

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't even want to see him on the bench

If he starts it would be interesting to hear the reaction from the stands.

Fully agree. He should be banished to the under 23s until he can demonstrate he has a brain and that he gives a shit.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 12:24 PM
We have endured two years of misery (all bar the cup run) lost 8 games out 9 this season not scoring in 8 on top of the horror end to last season. this is the third relegation fight in a row one that now looks likely to be the last for a bit. On our fourth manager in 10 months and have a squad that a five year old could tell you is chronically unbalanced.
YET.. we take 2300 to Bristol, sell out at Newcastle and sell out every home match . And we are a disgrace????? I suggest the thread starter is another of these awful snowflakes who get offended at anything. Please GET REAL

Well said - top post.

Forever Stripes
25-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Well I just have to say every fan that went down to that game are really brilliant fans. Over 2000 on a weekday, in a second tier cup computation, fielding a second string team, (as we knew they would), in one of the worst seasons I've ever seen (over 48 years). Bloody brilliant, I take my hat off to you. (If I wore one anyway).

Most of the people there would have taken a half day off work too, and spent good money to go) OK I may personally have been stunned into silence by the diabolical performance, but anyone registering their dissatisfaction has every right to.

Excellent turn out.

The truth is, with prices for away fans at least in the league capped at £30, I had intended going to many more away games but I just cannot on current performances. Those that went are better fans than me, I'm happy to admit.

They are not a disgrace, but I expect deeply embarrassed.

cantspell
25-10-2017, 12:42 PM

He deserves stick useless mercenary and couldn't care less attitude- sooner he goes the better.

cantspell
25-10-2017, 12:46 PM

All we have left - I have hardly ever given a player stick but i dished out some to pva last night. The support was immense until 4-1- hennessey deserves everything he is getting as he's a liability.

Lee and Sako did well last night though

Theo88
25-10-2017, 01:15 PM

Over 2000 fans away to see us get battered 4-1 by a championship are you having a laugh??? You are the embarrassment!!

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Over 2000 fans away to see us get battered 4-1 by a championship are you having a laugh??? You are the embarrassment!!

Spot on.

**** cpfcben.

newish eagle
25-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Given what the lad has been through this year with his accident, he’s a resilient bloke who’ll get over having a shirt lobbed at him. His twitter feed today suggests he saw it for what it was.

Yep, it can’t have been nice for him, but perhaps some perspective would be helpful also.

Yoda
25-10-2017, 08:31 PM
He sometimes walks along the front of the Main Stand before kick-off. If he’s not on the bench on Saturday (which is unlikely), I suggest those of us in the stand give him a rousing reception.

He gets warm applause anyway, if people spot him, so I’m sure he knows what the vast majority think. Write off last night’s incident, stuff happens when people get ‘tired and emotional’.

You can’t let one plonker get you down.

Hector
26-10-2017, 11:30 AM

Superb post. It seems no matter what sh11 we get served up people think we have to take it and keep cheering. When it's sh11 tell them.

The Pape incident was poor and I bet the guy feels bad now.

Penstone Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Spot on.

Penstone Eagle
26-10-2017, 12:04 PM
All we have left - I have hardly ever given a player stick but i dished out some to pva last night. The support was immense until 4-1- hennessey deserves everything he is getting as he's a liability.

Lee and Sako did well last night though

Difficult not to get angry with PVA, doesn't even aknowledge his errors that cost us, instead he just walks away and avoids eye contact with his team mates, he really doesn't give a toss.

cantspell
26-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Difficult not to get angry with PVA, doesn't even aknowledge his errors that cost us, instead he just walks away and avoids eye contact with his team mates, he really doesn't give a toss.

Exactly - you can give a poor performance because someone isn't up to it - you can also forgive someone when they have tried.

But he doesn't qualify in either of those categories - no wonder chelsea got rid.

Sick Bucket
26-10-2017, 01:16 PM

Yeah true in a way this shirt throwing incident might be a good reality check for some of the players, I think Pape knows the anger wasn't aimed at him specifically.

cdm61
26-10-2017, 01:50 PM

Great post - Any club would be on their knees for fans like us - its unbelievable what we've put up with

Garfy
26-10-2017, 08:21 PM

Just watched Deportivo lose 4 v1 at home to Las Palmas. No shirt throwing in sight. Drawing nil nil at home to Halifax was depressing or being thrashed 5 v 0 by Wimbledon not losing away to Bristol City. Some of the guys under 40 on here need to get real!

andyocpfc
26-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Add Wigan away to that.

We must also remember these results happen. Weíre in shit form. Even the amazing early 90s brigade lost away to Hartlepool and I think prior to that game we had been on a 5/6 game winning streak.

eagles #1
26-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Just watched Deportivo lose 4 v1 at home to Las Palmas. No shirt throwing in sight. Drawing nil nil at home to Halifax was depressing or being thrashed 5 v 0 by Wimbledon not losing away to Bristol City. Some of the guys under 40 on here need to get real!

Or maybe some of those guys under 40 aren't going to take players mugging us off like little bitches. Just because those over 40 just mutter under their breath and shake their heads "Should've seen us 20 years ago" etc etc.

**** that, let the players know they're a disgrace.

PeterH
26-10-2017, 08:42 PM
I cant agree with using Wimbledon and Halifax as examples.

On Tuesday we looked imperious for 30 minutes. They were fearing a thrashing. Really poor play afterwards, by very highly paid players, meant we received the thrashing. One of the mistakes was a number of errors rolled in to one giant feck up.

I think the result and performance on Tuesday were very comparable indeed.

PeterH
26-10-2017, 08:44 PM
We cant go around excusing really crap displays by citing horrendous displays from time long past. LOL

It doesnt excuse the ineptitude.

Garfy
26-10-2017, 08:44 PM
The point was that we’ve experienced worse and stuck together. Less we forget that the season we got stuffed at Wigan we then got promoted under Dowle.

Garfy
26-10-2017, 08:46 PM
We cant go around excusing really crap displays by citing horrendous displays from time long past. LOL

It doesnt excuse the ineptitude.

And does that make it right throwing Souareís shirt back at him?

PeterH
26-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Did I say it did?

PeterH
26-10-2017, 08:51 PM
But other than the muppets that did - and even those giving our goalie such a hard time, embarrassment is hardly a word to use against the 2,000 hardy souls who travelled.

The vast majority who will still be going to Tuesday night away games in the Championship.

It is a poor show, when we are debating our relative levels of shiteness over the years.

Garfy
26-10-2017, 08:51 PM
There’s no excuse for bad performances but we still stick together afterwards and abusing Soaure after the journey he’s been on was wrong.

Garfy
26-10-2017, 08:54 PM
But other than the muppets that did - and even those giving our goalie such a hard time, embarrassment is hardly a word to use against the 2,000 hardy souls who travelled.

The vast majority who will still be going to Tuesday night away games in the Championship.

It is a poor show, when we are debating our relative levels of shiteness over the years.

I would never call the Palace supporters an embarrassment and never have. Sorry if you think I have done so and can show me when.

Martin H
26-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Add Wigan away to that.

We must also remember these results happen. Weíre in shit form. Even the amazing early 90s brigade lost away to Hartlepool and I think prior to that game we had been on a 5/6 game winning streak.

DONT mention that fuffing Wigan game! That means a nightmare again tonight. That was beyond a capitulation.

Skiddo
26-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Thereís no excuse for bad performances but we still stick together afterwards and abusing Soaure after the journey heís been on was wrong

:lux:

Langers
27-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Let’s move on - Bristol City away will go down as a “You think things are bad, I was at the 4-1 hammering by the cider drinkers” - BBS in 3 years time

Low water mark - onwards and upwards

Hedgehog
27-10-2017, 01:36 AM
+ Dougie's meeting in the car park... it seems to be a place of turning points.

Jason
27-10-2017, 06:05 AM

I would agree with this, and ultimately it's why he has to be moved on. I personally don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some on here make out, you only have to look at some of his displays for Wales (the recent clanger aside) to see that. But far too often his performances for us have been terrible. The fans have decided he's rubbish, his confidence is shot, and it's just not going to turn around for him here.

A fresh start for him somewhere else is the best thing all round. But that does of course need us to sign a decent keeper, something we've now failed to do for years

Eaglez
27-10-2017, 06:43 AM
You some sort of prick?

Treatment of pape was unjust but I think every single ******* fan whoís been the length and width of the country this season following this pile of piss has a right to vent their aggressions now.

The team deserved 200 fans at best not the 2000 that took a day of work, lost money in going down there to watch that turgid shite.

Don't go then you stupid old toad. Do you want a pat on the head for going to a football match? It's your choice. Personally I have better things to do than go to Bristol city for a league cup game. Fair play to anyone that goes but don't expect a well done, you're no super fan.

It's a game of football. There is no guarantee of a result or a performance. Some people really need to get a grip.

Biggineagle
27-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Don't go then you stupid old toad. Do you want a pat on the head for going to a football match? It's your choice. Personally I have better things to do than go to Bristol city for a league cup game. Fair play to anyone that goes but don't expect a well done, you're no super fan.

It's a game of football. There is no guarantee of a result or a performance. Some people really need to get a grip.
Spot on.

switchboard
27-10-2017, 08:43 AM

Premier League summed up in one comment. Can guarantee at least 90% of the faces at Bristol City the other night will be going to Ashton Gate if we play them next season in the Championship whereas Eaglez will never be heard from again.

New LP
27-10-2017, 08:55 AM

He shouldnít have been our number one keeper at the beginning of last season. Itís fine booing WH. Truth is though he is a symptom of the mismanagement of the club for several years. Not the cause.

As for this thread. The support was excellent regardless of a couple of people throwing a shirt back to a player. Itís wound a few people up though so the original poster has succeeded I guess.

tasty_snacks
27-10-2017, 09:57 AM
The biggest shock here is reading that Papa Soure wasn’t filming himself on social media at the time.

Clearly a reference to his near death car crash. What an arsehole you are.

tasty_snacks
27-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Yup - you only have to look at the empty seats at Wembley for England games, and the almost total lack of England shirts or support in the pubs on match days compared to, say, 10+ years ago to realise how bad things are.

Which is why non-league attendances have been rising for a decade now.

How can you possibly reconcile the pretext of a local club with spunking 120k on players who are clearly only in their latest iteration of pension fund building? I think the majority of us (those of us that were here before our latest PL adventure at least) would sooner see a local lad putting his balls on the line than a disinterested, internationally capped name banking a wedge.

Modern football sucks, and people are starting to realise that.

cantspell
27-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Which is why non-league attendances have been rising for a decade now.

How can you possibly reconcile the pretext of a local club with spunking 120k on players who are clearly only in their latest iteration of pension fund building? I think the majority of us (those of us that were here before our latest PL adventure at least) would sooner see a local lad putting his balls on the line than a disinterested, internationally capped name banking a wedge.

Modern football sucks, and people are starting to realise that.

Log of great points here - who do I really like as a footballer generally other than some palace players ? harry Kane and that's about it. Years ago plenty of others I liked.

I have enjoyed going to bromley games you get people who try and are people you can relate to and can a decent drink at the bar.

Nigelbrag
27-10-2017, 10:25 AM
The Souare incident was the reaction of One individual which was probably a spur of the moment reaction, but wrong. However, in fairness what can the players have expected after yet Another abysmal result except this time against what was inferior opposition, and even more galling was having taken the lead to then completely fall apart and concede FOUR goals was to say the least unforgivable.
It is time the players took responsibility for the mess we are in is mainly down to Their own inability to perform, and stop hiding behind excuses it is all due to the behind scenes turmoil of management, i am sure they don't have any qualms about accepting their huge monthly salaries even after dismal under performing performances.
So yes it quite understandable for fans to express their anger when seeing their team capitulate as they did, having given up their time along with the great financial expense incurred to then vent their feelings is only natural.

Kirby
27-10-2017, 10:40 AM
The only ones embarrassing the club at the moment are the board and the players.

I'm amazed how patient our fans have been. The atmosphere against Chelsea was one of the best I've ever witnessed at Selhurst. If that was Villa Park or St James's Park it'd would've been toxic from kick-off.

rambo1
27-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Or maybe some of those guys under 40 aren't going to take players mugging us off like little bitches. Just because those over 40 just mutter under their breath and shake their heads "Should've seen us 20 years ago" etc etc.

**** that, let the players know they're a disgrace.

Which is of No use to Anyone,Learn How to Support.
Roy Hodgson used the,Carabao Cup Game,to Look at some Fringe Players.
The side will Revert Back to the Premier League Line-up,with the Possible Inclusion of Bakary Sako.
Some think the Signing of a Player & 1 from the Starting 11 will Leave,which won't Strengthen the Squad.
The Fringe Players Need Replacing.

Skiddo
27-10-2017, 11:08 AM
"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off"

Ooh Betty
27-10-2017, 11:09 AM

So does your keyboard.

JackTheBiscuit
27-10-2017, 11:42 AM
The side will Revert Back to the Premier League Line-up,with the Possible Inclusion of Bakary Sako.
Some think the Signing of a Player & 1 from the Starting 11 will Leave,which won't Strengthen the Squad.

In case you haven't noticed, the bench these days is almost as important as the starting 11 - at least 7 of those involved on Tuesday will be in the 18 tomorrow. Says everything about how much of a mess we are in.

WorthingEagle
27-10-2017, 11:54 AM

The great support the players have had over the last few years has really done the trick, eh?

They're taking the piss out of you, laughing at the dribbling oddballs in anoraks who worship their every move, clap them off the coach, and ask them for autographs while they turn in half-arsed performances for £50k a week.

tasty_snacks
27-10-2017, 12:06 PM
The great support the players have had over the last few years has really done the trick, eh?

They're taking the piss out of you, laughing at the dribbling oddballs in anoraks who worship their every move, clap them off the coach, and ask them for autographs while they turn in half-arsed performances for £50k a week.

Following your point through to its logical conclusion - that vociferous support doesn't matter, therefore none of us should bother hollering and getting behind the team in the first instance - is a depressing state of affairs.

If you agree that offering encouragement to a team improves its fortunes, then you must accept that the opposite action will have an opposite effect.

If not, that's cool. Each to their own.

Fans are disgruntled. We all get that because we're all on the same damn rat infested boat. But I will always fail to see how vituperative terraces help matters.

Eaglez
27-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Premier League summed up in one comment. Can guarantee at least 90% of the faces at Bristol City the other night will be going to Ashton Gate if we play them next season in the Championship whereas Eaglez will never be heard from again.

Well I've been twice before to Ashton Gate so you are talking absolute shite there pal, but crack on.

Olympian2
27-10-2017, 12:31 PM
So does your keyboard.

:lux::lux::lux:

gilesy14
27-10-2017, 12:31 PM
How about when fans threw their season tickets at Alan Smith when we lost vs Wolves? Probably the same lot on their high horses now telling us young Palace fans are brats & it never happened back in their day, etc.

For a club who's home record has been nothing short of diabolical for 4 years, the fans at Selhurst have been largely extremely patient & supportive.

WorthingEagle
27-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Following your point through to its logical conclusion - that vociferous support doesn't matter, therefore none of us should bother hollering and getting behind the team in the first instance - is a depressing state of affairs.

If you agree that offering encouragement to a team improves its fortunes, then you must accept that the opposite action will have an opposite effect.

The evidence would suggest there's little to no correlation between encouragement and effort/performances.

I mean, if there was, how shit would we have been if the crowd had turned after the first few home defeats? We encouraged, we were sympathetic - they've still been shit and half-arsed.

And how come players who play for clubs whose fans just sit there waiting to be entertained, and when they score applaud politely like it's a lucky single edged down to third man, manage to put in effort and quality performances regardless?

If anything, our high level of patience has backfired. The players know full well what they can get away with and still get clapped off, so they do exactly that.

Ooh Betty
27-10-2017, 12:43 PM
dribbling oddballs in anoraks

Quote of the year. :D:lux::lux::D:p

TheMexicanHorse
27-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Clearly a reference to his near death car crash. What an arsehole you are.

Thankfully He learnt his lesson and didnít repeat the same mistake...

Oh. This is awkward.

tasty_snacks
27-10-2017, 01:28 PM
The evidence would suggest there's little to no correlation between encouragement and effort/performances.

I mean, if there was, how shit would we have been if the crowd had turned after the first few home defeats? We encouraged, we were sympathetic - they've still been shit and half-arsed.

And how come players who play for clubs whose fans just sit there waiting to be entertained, and when they score applaud politely like it's a lucky single edged down to third man, manage to put in effort and quality performances regardless?

If anything, our high level of patience has backfired. The players know full well what they can get away with and still get clapped off, so they do exactly that.

That's a point of view - and one I sympathize with - but it's not evidence. Ultimately like most things in football, whether the fans make a difference can't be empirically supported one way or another. All we've got to go on is instinct and intent. I was fortunate in my younger days to play in front of a few decent crowds and my own experience is that support and encouragement spurs you on.

So you either think that support from the terraces makes a difference, or you don't. And at the very least, being part of a supportive atmosphere helps me to enjoy the occasion - everyone remembers the games when Selhurst was rocking.

Negative reactions from the crowd only serve to reinforce the very thing fans rail against - that the player doesn't give a shit.

Kai
27-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Yup - you only have to look at the empty seats at Wembley for England games, and the almost total lack of England shirts or support in the pubs on match days compared to, say, 10+ years ago to realise how bad things are.

If it continues like today there will not be any English players left in the Premier League to support. How much crap are supporters supposed to take?

burgess hill 84
27-10-2017, 02:16 PM
The only ones embarrassing the club at the moment are the board and the players.

I'm amazed how patient our fans have been. The atmosphere against Chelsea was one of the best I've ever witnessed at Selhurst. If that was Villa Park or St James's Park it'd would've been toxic from kick-off.

Bang on, totally agree.

TouchyAndalou
27-10-2017, 02:17 PM
He shouldnít have been our number one keeper at the beginning of last season. Itís fine booing WH. Truth is though he is a symptom of the mismanagement of the club for several years. Not the cause.

As for this thread. The support was excellent regardless of a couple of people throwing a shirt back to a player. Itís wound a few people up though so the original poster has succeeded I guess. It seems stupid and counterproductive to abuse Hennessey. If he's not good enough he's not good enough - it isn't through lack of effort or not caring. He's selected by the management and he hasn't been replaced, none of which is his fault.

WorthingEagle
27-10-2017, 02:29 PM
So you either think that support from the terraces makes a difference, or you don't. And at the very least, being part of a supportive atmosphere helps me to enjoy the occasion - everyone remembers the games when Selhurst was rocking.

Personally, I'd enjoy the occasion a lot more if they at least won their fair share of games. If the players need a rocket up their arses for a couple of matches to get the message and the atmosphere isn't so happy-clappy for a while, so be it.

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Since January 2016 we have won 8 Home games in 28... 8... in nearly 2 years

That is ******* woeful.

We are the lowest scorers this calendar year with 23..

We are currently 1 win in 9

Yet the fans are embarrassing?? Give it a rest you utter wankpuffins

Olympian2
27-10-2017, 02:38 PM

That is ******* woeful.

Difficult to argue with this....

N
27-10-2017, 02:52 PM
My few words,went to the game,unfortunately the team were just not good enough,lower end championship squad was picked and it showed.I disagree with the first post our fans were excellent. I was one of a few who stayed behind for when the players left the ground as my daughter wanted a few autographs. Most signed her ball which I must admit was excellent and Steve Parish thanked us for our support. Unfortunately some did not wish to sign autographs so would you call them a disgrace.Perhaps our fans were a disgrace, we walked out with £120 Mitre ball and the steward was fully aware.

Sharkba1t
27-10-2017, 03:33 PM

That is ******* woeful.

Wankpuffins....what a word!:lux:

Son of Ron
27-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Give it a rest you utter wankpuffins

in the middle of our woe, this phrase has put a smile on my face !!
like when I heard the revision to "bulldog chewing a wasp" as "bulldog licking piss of a thistle"....can't help but smile...

Anyway back to the point - although I haven't been to that many games I think our support has been extremely patient with most of the shite served up this season and at home the last 3 years. Since Pulis left we've looked like rabbits in the headlights more often than not at home.

Lee sinnots ear
27-10-2017, 04:09 PM

Mate please let me assure you I am not one of those under 40 who don't know how lucky they are!!!

I was there in1973 when we didn't win a game until Nov11 ironically down at Bristol City ,I also watched all of the disasters of 1980/81 when our start mirrored this campaign.

So I am as real as you are going to get, and irrespective of who you are how old you are etc etc this is a mis managed pile of shitvand ot has been for two years and so I fully understand the anger. No I don't like it ,and would rather it didn't happen but please don't patronise us all.

newish eagle
27-10-2017, 04:57 PM
My few words,went to the game,unfortunately the team were just not good enough,lower end championship squad was picked and it showed.I disagree with the first post our fans were excellent. I was one of a few who stayed behind for when the players left the ground as my daughter wanted a few autographs. Most signed her ball which I must admit was excellent and Steve Parish thanked us for our support. Unfortunately some did not wish to sign autographs so would you call them a disgrace.Perhaps our fans were a disgrace, we walked out with £120 Mitre ball and the steward was fully aware.
Glad your daughter had a special time mate, thatís magic stuff of which memories are made.

Penstone Eagle
27-10-2017, 05:11 PM

That is ******* woeful.

:p

eastend eagle
27-10-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm calling the Oxford English Dictionary for that one! :supergrin:

Baffled Bob 2
27-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Wankpuffins :lux:

Gonna use that on tomorrow's matchday thread

MFBias
27-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Everyone get out of his arse, its not that good.

MFBias
27-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Mate please let me assure you I am not one of those under 40 who don't know how lucky they are!!!

I was there in1973 when we didn't win a game until Nov11 ironically down at Bristol City ,I also watched all of the disasters of 1980/81 when our start mirrored this campaign.

So I am as real as you are going to get, and irrespective of who you are how old you are etc etc this is a mis managed pile of shitvand ot has been for two years and so I fully understand the anger. No I don't like it ,and would rather it didn't happen but please don't patronise us all.

It seems people expect to come into the Premier League and be able to dominate, they so easily forget where we have come from. I would rather be losing to Man City 4-0 rather than Scunthorpe 4-0, these times were not that long ago. Getting promotion it seems bring out the dormant glory supporter in some who see the riches and expect wins. Yes we have had a shit start to the season, let just see how the rest unfolds...

cpfc4evandeva
27-10-2017, 06:03 PM
It seems people expect to come into the Premier League and be able to dominate, they so easily forget where we have come from. I would rather be losing to Man City 4-0 rather than Scunthorpe 4-0, these times were not that long ago. Getting promotion it seems bring out the dormant glory supporter in some who see the riches and expect wins. Yes we have had a shit start to the season, let just see how the rest unfolds...

Who expects to dominate? We've won a single league game this season out of ten, and not scored in nine of those :D

Thefunkymonk
27-10-2017, 06:12 PM
You are all welcome.. it’s a awesome word and felt appropriate

MFBias
27-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Who expects to dominate? We've won a single league game this season out of ten, and not scored in nine of those :D

I said 'able to dominate' rather dominate, even to win a single game is tough in this division, each victory is a hard fought battle, and the margins are tiny. We are one of the weakest 20 sides in the Premier League and have been for the last 5 years, it seems people think we are better than that. Through the process of elimination; Aston Villa and Sunderland who had resisted for years we relegated after afew seasons of continued strife. We need to face reality that this could be us this year. All kinds of jumping up and down and pulling your hair out wont help, you will only damage your own health with stress.

I guess it's part of my philosophy on life that I dont get stressed about things I cant control, and we all cant control what happens on the pitch or at the club. I say lets just see what happens. This is what I was saying last year in posts to people getting all irate, and we stayed up. Who knows we may not this year, but so what, try to enjoy the season? Otherwise it's just sado-machism

We are always going to lose games in the Premier League, even Leicester who had the worlds aligning for it to happen (the media got behind it for a start as 'fairytale') are now back to mainly losing games, and they cant handle it.

Im saying this because I think the display of 'supporters' were disgusting at Bristol City, yes it was only one punk who threw the shirt at Souare but he represents a portion of the crowd who think that way, who think that just because they 'support' the club they can ignorantly insult Souare who should be applauded for his determination to pull on the red and blue again. People moan about the players distancing themselves from fans in the modern game, do you really blame them when they can be subjected to abuse like this?

Spindle
27-10-2017, 06:37 PM

Piss off.

Spindle
27-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Twat. Hodgson is the one thing that may keep us in this league

MFBias
27-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Piss off.

That is the first time on this message board that the over and misused term 'disgrace' was appropriately used, how the ''fans' treated Souare was a disgrace.

Skiddo
27-10-2017, 06:46 PM
That is the first time on this message board that the over and misused term 'disgrace' was appropriately used, how the ''fans' treated Souare was a disgrace.

One dipstick threw the shirt back, no doubt pissed off at the pathetic performance from the team.

People do things in the heat of the moment that they regret and I'd imagine the fella wished he hadn't now, but let's not make out that this was some kind of pre-meditated, vindictive personal attack on Soaure.

kark
27-10-2017, 06:46 PM

That is ******* woeful.

The wankpuffins need to wipe the self-deluding jizz out of their eyes and take a good look at these numbers, well said sir

Se9 eagles
27-10-2017, 06:51 PM
One dipstick threw the shirt back, no doubt pissed off at the pathetic performance from the team.

People do things in the heat of the moment that they regret and I'd imagine the fella wished he hadn't now, but let's not make out that this was some kind of pre-meditated, vindictive personal attack on Soaure.

Pissed off or pissed up:confused:?

MFBias
27-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Getting to be abit of a regular occurrence if you remember the fan who confronted Delaney. There are plenty of people who who get that worked up and think just because they bought a ticket gives them the right to abuse the players.

I dont care what this twat thought, but what would he have prefered that the players all disappeared down the tunnel? He should have considered who it was walking over to him, there is no sympathy, I would happily ban this bloke for life for being a c nut.

adrenalin john
27-10-2017, 06:58 PM
The support for the team in what has been many episodes of utter tripe, under Holloway, Pulis (yes he had a great 5 game spell but also served up unwatchable tripe) Warnock, Pardew, De Boer and Hodgson has been good. In comparison to the typical silent premier entitled crowd found elsewhere in the league our support has been truly outstanding.

However, even if the team have been utter shit that does not excuse the match day abuse of Hennessey and Souare. It really doesn't.

adrenalin john
27-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Boo the team as a whole if they don't put in enough effort, boo the manager when they are clearly getting it wrong but don't undermine individual players during a game or abuse someone who has come back from a horrendous event and just wanted to appreciate the support he received.

MFBias
28-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Boo the team as a whole if they don't put in enough effort, boo the manager when they are clearly getting it wrong but don't undermine individual players during a game or abuse someone who has come back from a horrendous event and just wanted to appreciate the support he received.

I agree, this is reasonable, to show your discontent to the the team as an entity but to aggressively pick out players is abusive and unnecessary behaviour. Is football really that important to hatefully target an individual who hasnt performed to a supporter's expectation? This kind of behaviour makes me resent football more than Sky's money, agents and player power.

Spindle
29-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Exactly.

Hodgson got it right in his pre match presser anyway

Sir.S.C Remembered
29-10-2017, 08:52 AM
I very rarely boo a Palace side. About 2 times in almost 20 years of being a season ticket holder.

But I actually thought it was going to come from the masses at half time yesterday. And I wouldn't have blamed them as I thought we were poor in that first half, lacked intensity... But it didn't come and to be fair the fans really stuck with the lads until the final whistle.

At times I've been disgusted with our fans in recent times. But then there are plenty of examples of pride as well.

One thing that really wound me up was the stick Hart got yesterday. If there's 1 England player who always shows passion and desire then it is Joe Hart. Can only ask for that. Ironic that our fans sing to him about letting his country down given who our manager is!

Thefunkymonk
29-10-2017, 08:54 AM
I very rarely boo a Palace side. About 2 times in almost 20 years of being a season ticket holder.

But I actually thought it was going to come from the masses at half time yesterday. And I wouldn't have blamed them as I thought we were poor in that first half, lacked intensity... But it didn't come and to be fair the fans really stuck with the lads until the final whistle.

At times I've been disgusted with our fans in recent times. But then there are plenty of examples of pride as well.

One thing that really wound me up was the stick Hart got yesterday. If there's 1 England player who always shows passion and desire then it is Joe Hart. Can only ask for that. Ironic that our fans sing to him about letting his country down given who our manager is!

Agree I thought there were going to be boos at half time.. complete opposite.. this is why this thread is the embarrassment!

Donít care about joe hart mind you

ForzaPalace
29-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I booed PvA when he went off

alanlee11
29-10-2017, 10:23 AM
I booed PvA when he went off

Nice one buddy.

Owngoal
29-10-2017, 10:35 AM

Hart was booed and reminded of his England shame because he was having a good game. Sorry he does not play for us and if it puts him off great. Same for the likes of Crouch, Rooney, etc over the years. Our own players are a different matter and the crap given to one in particular has been dreadful.