PDA

View Full Version : The Venting Thread

gilesy14
25-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Iím sitting here, in my room in Bristol, completely deflated after the shitshow I witnessed this evening. Iím ok with Palace losing. Iím used to it. Itís what we do. But doing it with showing no backbone? Zero character? I just canít stand it.

Thereís hundreds of other threads on here where you get spoken down to should you dare criticise Parish. Or if youíre relatively negative, despite having the worst start to a Premier League season EVER. Or if you point out we only have 1 striker as weíve apparently never had it so good.

So I just want a thread where people can come & vent after some absolute debacle like this evening. Because I genuinely need to let rip after tonight. If we canít do it here, more shit like that Souare shirt incident will happen. Which we donít need.

gilesy14
25-10-2017, 01:19 AM
To start it off...when did we start signing players who genuinely do not give a ****? Because we’ve collected quite a few over the past 4 years.

cpfc4evandeva
25-10-2017, 01:20 AM
The thing I still don't get, though maybe now opinions will change, is when people talk about how great our squad is.

When everyone is fit, we have a decent first XI. Our squad though... Tonight proved just how weak it really is.

gilesy14
25-10-2017, 01:23 AM
The thing I still don't get, though maybe now opinions will change, is when people talk about how great our squad is.

When everyone is fit, we have a decent first XI. Our squad though... Tonight proved just how weak it really is.

Iíve seen people say itís better than the 1990/91 squad. Not a chance. Other than Wilf, the old boys piss over this lot.

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 01:25 AM
Would you be motivated by 70 year old Roy Hodgson? Fear the bollocking you're gonna get after a 4-1 defeat to Bristol City?

Nah me neither.

AJ
25-10-2017, 03:05 AM
The squad isnt bad, the attitude is what sucks. Luckily it seems that most of the players with better attitudes are in the first team.

CharlieCPFC
25-10-2017, 03:29 AM
People underestimate the influence the likes of Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, etc. Collectively they all bought into the same idea and fought for each other, the scatter gun approach on mediocre players with big wages has just led to players like Mutch not give a flying f**k. I mean he was live streaming himself playing Fifa Saturday an hour before kick off against Newcastle.

When you look at that team last night who can you say are real leaders who will give you 100% and ensure others are doing the same? The proof in the pudding is always when a side goes a goal down how they react and we used to seem to comeback quite often but now we have nothing about us it seems.

I look at the side now and I see a few players who have something about them mentally, Ward, Sakho, Dann, Luka, Cabaye, Macca, Townsend, Zaha, even Schlupp.

We were never a great side technically but what saw us success was our organisation and desire to get in the opposition faces and make life as difficult as possible. Our home record tells its story what's happened.

The board need to have a serious sit down and evaluate this woeful squad and start to get in place a similar transfer policy we had under DF. He always spoke how it wasn't just the ability of the player that was important but also the character.

It's horrible seeing what's become of us in the past few years, I'm sure in time now we'll learn a big lesson from this but hopefully it doesn't punish us this season. Escape this season and we may have a chance to rectify the cock up of a squad we have in place and build again.

Ralph
25-10-2017, 04:07 AM
The attitude to almost everything around the club at the moment is poor.

The food, the stadium, the ticket pricing, the crap shirt sponsor, the playing staff, the management recruitment!

Something is not right behind the scenes...maybe a lack of interest?

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 05:58 AM
Iíve seen people say itís better than the 1990/91 squad. Not a chance. Other than Wilf, the old boys piss over this lot.

I couldn't believe when some people were saying that. We have no characters or leaders in this team whereas the 1990 team had loads of them. The current bunch are losers - they've been doing it solidly for two years now and they don't seem to give a shit. Loads of overpaid tarts who will move on to their next victim if we go down. Players like PvA are forging a career in blood sucking off struggling premier league teams.

They better come out on Saturday and take the game to West Ham. Nothing less than a win against a shit West Ham team should be acceptable. These players are allowed too many excuses. They need to deliver.

Se9 eagles
25-10-2017, 06:09 AM
BFS kept us up but left us with PVA and Schlupp.£25m of utter garbage and no goalkeeper.A poisoned legacy.As for SP allowing the goalkeeping fiasco to go on for 2 years it just beggars belief....

Mr Iguana
25-10-2017, 06:26 AM
So pleased that we have another of these threads.. good stuff

Thefunkymonk
25-10-2017, 06:27 AM
I just can’t get over how ******* piss poor we are being run. This was all foreseen. Absolutely avoidable.

Only person to blame is SP I’m afraid. Can’t go into a season with 1 striker and essentially no goalkeeper.

Benzhiyi
25-10-2017, 06:29 AM
The attitude to almost everything around the club at the moment is poor.

The food, the stadium, the ticket pricing, the crap shirt sponsor, the playing staff, the management recruitment!

Something is not right behind the scenes...maybe a lack of interest?

We're now one of the richest clubs in the world yet every decision seems to be made with penny-pinching in mind. Fannying around until 10:59pm on the last day of the transfer window in order to save a few bob. Milking fans dry with ludicrous category A games. That horrendous sleeve sponsor. I don't know if it's an SP thing, or a PA thing, or a Yanks thing, and I respect the need to avoid risking another admin, but there has to be a middle ground.

We've been in the Premier League for nearly half a decade now and yet our infrastructure reminds me of Wimbledon's top flight days at Plough Lane, all plucky-non-leaguers-just-pleased-to-be-here. Football has moved on hugely since then and we need to do the same, and fast. Although looking at the league table, and reflecting on the worst summer of any PL side in terms of managerial appointments and transfer strategy, it may already be too late.

Eaglesmad123
25-10-2017, 06:43 AM
The phrase champagne lifestyle lemonade money comes to mind.

IanH
25-10-2017, 06:47 AM

It would be interesting if they could play each other at their peaks (so the first half of the season where we went fifth after the win at Stoke). The current players have far more talent but a fraction of the application and determination that the 90/91 side had. What we are currently lacking is character - we had some in the side - Jedinak, Murray but sold them for technically better players who just donít seem at all committed to the cause. I had a beer last night with a Leicester fan - he made an interesting comment about non-League football picking up in popularity recently because people are fed up watching overpaid foreign mercenaries playing in the Premier League who have questionable levels of commitment. I think the problem is far wider than just our club.

philsick
25-10-2017, 06:49 AM
I just can't understand why parish didn't go all out for marco silva. If it's true that allardyce knew he was leaving after the hull game, he had enough time to persuade silva we were a better option than watford. If parish was put off by that performance from hull that's madness, he took an absolute car crash of a club with a wafer thin squad and gave them a chance of survival. Everyone in football could see he is destined for big things and even if he used us as a stepping stone we would be in a better place when he left anyway. FDB was a risk but we shoud've stuck with it IMO and i just can't see hodgson getting us out of this hole. Too many different types of manager and a transfer record to match has left us broken.

MFBias
25-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Would you be motivated by 70 year old Roy Hodgson? Fear the bollocking you're gonna get after a 4-1 defeat to Bristol City?

Nah me neither.

When you command respect, you can convey disappointment which is worth more than a bolloxing from a tyrant.

Hodgson has a media persona and a training ground persona it is reported. Experience is more vital than jumping up and down on the sideline. I dont go into writing Hodgson off due to his age.

Malarkey
25-10-2017, 06:55 AM
To start it off...when did we start signing players who genuinely do not give a ****? Because weíve collected quite a few over the past 4 years.

4 years ago

MFBias
25-10-2017, 07:00 AM
I just can't understand why parish didn't go all out for marco silva. If it's true that allardyce knew he was leaving after the hull game, he had enough time to persuade silva we were a better option than watford. If parish was put off by that performance from hull that's madness, he took an absolute car crash of a club with a wafer thin squad and gave them a chance of survival. Everyone in football could see he is destined for big things and even if he used us as a stepping stone we would be in a better place when he left anyway. FDB was a risk but we shoud've stuck with it IMO and i just can't see hodgson getting us out of this hole. Too many different types of manager and a transfer record to match has left us broken.

There wasnt enough time as he had practically joined Watford by the time Allardyce left, we were used as a pawn by the agent to get a better deal out of Watford probably, and Parish was always going to take his time after having to rush every appointment during a season, he had never had a summer to choose a manager so felt he was in a position to consider his options, and as he admitted on HOL radio, he overthought it. Even so the timing was off with Silva.

As for de Boer, it wasnt about the results, he was destroying the club from the inside, again Parish said after two weeks of preseason he realised he had made a mistake, would you want a manager that our owners knew was harming the club with their arrogance and incompetance?

917L
25-10-2017, 07:01 AM
It would be interesting if they could play each other at their peaks (so the first half of the season where we went fifth after the win at Stoke). The current players have far more talent.

Current players have far more talent? Like who? With the exception of Wilf the 90/91 side puss all over this lot for application and ability

You really are doing the 90/91 team a disservice

Even when we were 5th hardly any of the current side would get in the starting 11 of the 2 squads combined

Currently only Wilf would get anywhere near the first 11

cantspell
25-10-2017, 07:05 AM

Nah me neither.

This is so poor - pva's performance last night was nothing to do with Roy he just can't be arsed, hennessey' s lack of confidence is nothing to do with Roy. Having a lack of leaders is nothing to do with Roy. But yes blame him!

Maidstoned Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:06 AM
No venting, lost interest.

elgin eagle
25-10-2017, 07:06 AM
People underestimate the influence the likes of Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, etc. Collectively they all bought into the same idea and fought for each other, the scatter gun approach on mediocre players with big wages has just led to players like Mutch not give a flying f**k. I mean he was live streaming himself playing Fifa Saturday an hour before kick off against Newcastle.

When you look at that team last night who can you say are real leaders who will give you 100% and ensure others are doing the same? The proof in the pudding is always when a side goes a goal down how they react and we used to seem to comeback quite often but now we have nothing about us it seems.

I look at the side now and I see a few players who have something about them mentally, Ward, Sakho, Dann, Luka, Cabaye, Macca, Townsend, Zaha, even Schlupp.

We were never a great side technically but what saw us success was our organisation and desire to get in the opposition faces and make life as difficult as possible. Our home record tells its story what's happened.

The board need to have a serious sit down and evaluate this woeful squad and start to get in place a similar transfer policy we had under DF. He always spoke how it wasn't just the ability of the player that was important but also the character.

It's horrible seeing what's become of us in the past few years, I'm sure in time now we'll learn a big lesson from this but hopefully it doesn't punish us this season. Escape this season and we may have a chance to rectify the cock up of a squad we have in place and build again.

Best post i've read on here in a while. DF is our biggest hope for survival this season if RH can keep the first team fit and in touch with 19th, 18th and 17th. Should never sell your leaders and your goalscorers. Unfortunately we did both and replaced them with lemons. Now carrying an obscene amount of deadwood we won't be able to sell without taking a financial hit. On the plus side Dann, Sakho, Millivojevic, McArthur, Cabaye, Wilf and Townsend are very good players and form the basis of the survival spine. Need the likes of Schlupp, Loftus Cheek, Sako, Riedewald, Fosu Mensah and possibly Benteke to fit around them alongside some new real hard bastard leaders in January. Sell/Release the rest.

cantspell
25-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Current players have far more talent? Like who? With the exception of Wilf the 90/91 side puss all over this lot for application and ability

Even when we were 5th hardly any of the current side would get in the starting 11 of the 2 squads combined

Give me the 1999 team any day of the week - guts bottle determination.

Maiden Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:08 AM
It would be interesting if they could play each other at their peaks (so the first half of the season where we went fifth after the win at Stoke). The current players have far more talent but a fraction of the application and determination that the 90/91 side had. What we are currently lacking is character - we had some in the side - Jedinak, Murray but sold them for technically better players who just donít seem at all committed to the cause. I had a beer last night with a Leicester fan - he made an interesting comment about non-League football picking up in popularity recently because people are fed up watching overpaid foreign mercenaries playing in the Premier League who have questionable levels of commitment. I think the problem is far wider than just our club.

I think the 90/91 team were pretty talented.

Martyn - Superb keeper

Humphrey - V Good right back

Young and Thorne - Hard to get past those 2

Shaw - Very steady

Thomas and Gray - Powerhouse midfield

Salako - Superb crosser

McGoldrick - Always running at defenders

Bright and Wright - Say no more.

And all were 'winners' not the lily livered bunch of imposters we have now. Even the team of 2 years ago, wouldn't be a match for the 90/91 line up.

JDawg
25-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Think Roy got it spot on with his post match comments

jaspercpfc
25-10-2017, 07:23 AM
No venting, lost interest.

I'd echo this. I've seen a fair few relegation's in my time but simple fact of the matter is most of this crop don't have the heart to stomach a relegation battle. They're mentally shot and we don't have the strength in depth to replace them with any real quality. We've been sleep walking to relegation for 20 months now but this relegation will leave me feeling "meh" maybe because I feel so disconnected from the club. We are merely customers now and the modern game has evolved so much that I genuinely can't be arsed. I sincerely thought this time round we would actively make significant plans on the ground. Come what May we'll have very little to show for the 5 years back in the top flight.

92/93 hurt the most as I was still young as it signalled an end of an era and brought down the curtain on what had been our most successful period in the clubs history culminating in my chuldhood hero sending us down.

94/95 Quality additions which were much needed arrived too late in the form of Houghton & Dowie. Personal issues concerning our star striker saw him missing and we again struggled for goals. We should have comfortably stayed up with the quality we had.

97/98 Club seemed to be in the papers more about the potential buyouts than the team performances. Decimated by injuries it slowly become a circus shipping goals for fun.

04/05 Close but no cigar.

ForzaPalace
25-10-2017, 07:26 AM
I'm past caring now but if you can't see that Steve Parish is solely responsible for this mess then you're an idiot

PalaceForever
25-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Think Roy got it spot on with his post match comments

Agree. Last night hurt, but at least Hodgson would have learnt a lot about who he can and can't rely on, which is very useful when you're fighting for your life. We really need to keep our first 11 players fit to have any chance of beating the drop.

JackTheBiscuit
25-10-2017, 07:28 AM
I'd echo this. I've seen a fair few relegation's in my time but simple fact of the matter is most of this crop don't have the heart to stomach a relegation battle. They're mentally shot and we don't have the strength in depth to replace them with any real quality. We've been sleep walking to relegation for 20 months now but this relegation will leave me feeling "meh" maybe because I feel so disconnected from the club. We are merely customers now and the modern game has evolved so much that I genuinely can't be arsed. I sincerely thought this time round we would actively make significant plans on the ground. Come what May we'll have very little to show for the 5 years back in the top flight.

92/93 hurt the most as I was still young as it signalled an end of an era and brought down the curtain on what had been our most successful period in the clubs history culminating in my chuldhood hero sending us down.

94/95 Quality additions which were much needed arrived too late in the form of Houghton & Dowie. Personal issues concerning our star striker saw him missing and we again struggled for goals. We should have comfortably stayed up with the quality we had.

97/98 Club seemed to be in the papers more about the potential buyouts than the team performances. Decimated by injuries it slowly become a circus shipping goals for fun.

04/05 Close but no cigar.

Says it all - other than losing Wilf, I couldn't give a **** about any of these mercenaries.

foresthillbilly
25-10-2017, 07:42 AM

^^^ my thoughts exactly

I wonder what will happen to the fanbase when we're in the Championship, after what we've been subjected to ?
I also think Palace will struggle to off-load the deadwood in the squad. Which club would pay for any of our current bunch of losers.? The best they can hope for is to just see out their contracts, then fck off

Windsor_Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:44 AM
The club is feeling the longer term impact of Pardew. It pains me that those Geordies were right.

The seeds were sewn when our player recruitment seemed to change and went for marquee signings and didn't prioritise character. We did need to gradually dismantle and replace the promotion winning side etc but he made a complete pigs ear of it.

Newcastle only emerged out of the other side of this shit (and they did go through it) by sticking with a good tried and tested manager after relegation.

I think we will need to the same.

Benzhiyi
25-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Pardew was shit but even he can't have this summer pinned on him.

We wouldn't be anywhere near this bad had we done our due diligence re appointing a manager, and recruiting a first-choice goalkeeper and back-up centre forward.

We've gone into every Premier League season underprepared and playing Deadline Day Russian Roulette. Before, during and after AP.

Asagaya_Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:50 AM

Absolutely this.

Windsor_Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Pardew was shit but even he can't have this summer pinned on him.

We wouldn't be anywhere near this bad had we done our due diligence re appointing a manager, and recruiting a first-choice goalkeeper and back-up centre forward.

We've gone into every Premier League season underprepared and playing Deadline Day Russian Roulette. Before, during and after AP.

This summer was, of course, a disaster. But we've been lurching around like a drunk prick at a wedding since the Pardew bubble burst xmas 2015.

I can't help but feel our transfer **** ups this window have been affected in no small part by an over-inflated wage budget consumed by loads of piss-poor squad players on far too much money that we cannot move on.

eaglejez
25-10-2017, 08:03 AM
the biggest error as others have said is that we never got in a Premier League scouting network.

Benzhiyi
25-10-2017, 08:05 AM
the biggest error as others have said is that we never got in a Premier League scouting network.

Kolinkins and RdS, each sensible fans with at least one contact close to the club, both tweeted on/close to deadline day that our scouting network is modern and thorough but that Tim Coe's advice is routinely passed over.

Very troubling if accurate.

Gilzean
25-10-2017, 08:21 AM
Great Post - The 90/91 team were hungry and they played to their strengths. This was down to good management ( Sir Steve ) however the players wanted to win. Happy days

jmemour
25-10-2017, 08:25 AM
I enjoyed watching our 2010 admin team more than this one.

sl6 Eagle
25-10-2017, 08:39 AM
To me only 6 of the squad are both good enough for the Prem and actually seem to care about CPFC. Sakho, Dann, Cabaye, Luka, Townsend and of course Zaha.
There are many valid posts on here both about Pardew’s legacy and Parish cocking it up this summer. I fear this squad could go down to League 1 next season.
The Geordies were indeed right but I got slated for starting a thread about that in March 2016.
I have never felt so disconnected from the club and have become immune to defeat it is something that just happens every week. The players don’t care so why should we?

Harry Holmesdale
25-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Kolinkins and RdS, each sensible fans with at least one contact close to the club, both tweeted on/close to deadline day that our scouting network is modern and thorough but that Tim Coe's advice is routinely passed over.

And Parish wonders why people think he is heavily involved in transfers..

Kirby
25-10-2017, 08:55 AM
I just can’t get over how ******* piss poor we are being run. This was all foreseen. Absolutely avoidable.

This.

From selling Jedinak/Murray with no replacements to not buying even a half decent goalkeeper - it was all foreseen and many of us said we'd be left in the shit two years ago.

It's embarrassingly incompetent and was completely avoidable.

pallet
25-10-2017, 09:00 AM
Really bored of all of this. Even the appointment of Roy(not having a go at him) is lazy by Parish. He is a local man, former England manager and a name, is he what we need no. This team is going down and needs a hungry young manager to shake the club up and get it going in the right direction again. Yes I am sure Roy will give it a go at keeping us , cant seeing him succeeding as we are too far gone and I can guarantee you now the sort of journeyman footballers we are going to sign in Jan to try and keep us up. Players he thinks he can trust, it may well work out short term but we will be back to square 1 again in the summer.

jimmy the gent
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
First we were Pardewed, now we've been Parished.

Skiddo
25-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Says it all - other than losing Wilf, I couldn't give a **** about any of these mercenaries.

Will be another 25 years until we see a player like Zaha again. A local boy with genuine international & top flight class with nearly 300 appearances for the club.

That's the saddest thing about this whole mess.

crenoleagle
25-10-2017, 10:06 AM
And Parish wonders why people think he is heavily involved in transfers..

He keeps going on about wanting to emulate Southampton yet the chairman/woman at Southampton didn't get involved at all for years. They appointed ruthless chief execs that had the sole purpose of ensuring the club did well, no matter how harsh they appeared to be - they wouldn't even give Matt Le Tissier a complimentary ticket at one point.

Mr Mojo Risin
25-10-2017, 10:11 AM
The phrase champagne lifestyle lemonade money comes to mind.

Champagne money lemonade lifestyle would be more accurate

jimmy the gent
25-10-2017, 10:12 AM
He keeps going on about wanting to emulate Southampton yet the chairman/woman at Southampton didn't get involved at all for years. They appointed ruthless chief execs that had the sole purpose of ensuring the club did well, no matter how harsh they appeared to be - they wouldn't even give Matt Le Tissier a complimentary ticket at one point.

Isn't Les Reed in charge of recruitment over there?

Skiddo
25-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Isn't Les Reed in charge of recruitment over there?

I think we've got Les Dennis.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-10-2017, 10:28 AM
The story I heard was that RH was advising Parish on manager recruitment, he recommended Silva and Pellegrino, SP dithered and procrastinated and missed out on them...SP then panicked and appointed de Boer.

eagles #1
25-10-2017, 10:33 AM
When you command respect, you can convey disappointment which is worth more than a bolloxing from a tyrant.

Hodgson has a media persona and a training ground persona it is reported. Experience is more vital than jumping up and down on the sideline. I dont go into writing Hodgson off due to his age.

Fair enough. What about the 5 defeats out of 7 since he's been in charge then? :D

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Spot on. The 90 side had more quality, heart and determination. The current bunch are so overrated.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Will be another 25 years until we see a player like Zaha again. A local boy with genuine international & top flight class with nearly 300 appearances for the club.

That's the saddest thing about this whole mess.

So true.

jimmy the gent
25-10-2017, 10:41 AM

I don't really know

jimmy the gent
25-10-2017, 10:43 AM
The story I heard was that RH was advising Parish on manager recruitment, he recommended Silva and Pellegrino, SP dithered and procrastinated and missed out on them...SP then panicked and appointed de Boer.

Why on earth would RH be advising Parish on a job he himself applied for? Sounds like bollocks to me.

Robson
25-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Would Clint Hill and Shaun Derry have stood for the mincing in our current dressing room? They'd have been done for GBH by now.

Expat Eagle
25-10-2017, 10:57 AM
If we go down I hope Villa will sell Jedi back to us.

jaspercpfc
25-10-2017, 11:02 AM

For all the love I have for Mile, relying on a midfielder who would be 34 next August to launch a promotion challenge speaks volumes about how deluded some of our fan base are. Sayung that Parish is probably reading this and making a note in his Filofax with the subheader "good transfer suggestion"

ForzaPalace
25-10-2017, 11:04 AM

Hi Steve

Maidstoned Eagle
25-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Why on earth would RH be advising Parish on a job he himself applied for? Sounds like bollocks to me.

He didn't apply for it, Parish approached him when it was obvious deBoer was a problem.

cpfc4evandeva
25-10-2017, 11:20 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/29/article-1298780-02F98DBA0000044D-164_468x443.jpg

Kidofwonder
25-10-2017, 11:25 AM
The biggest problem is we've lurched from identity crisis to identity crisis to identity crisis and we've never really committed to anything.

If you think our scouting network is the problem, look at the players we have identified that have been passed over by the ******* idiots who are running the shit show.

Batshuayi (before he was on Chelsea's radar)
Rincon (now at Juventus, who Pards decided he'd rather have ******* "The Wilsh")
Tosun (who Parish fannied about with the fee for)

The problem is we have a modern scouting network and a bunch of old boy donkeys in the background. If we wanted to sustain at this level we needed a clean sweep.

Thefunkymonk
25-10-2017, 11:38 AM
The biggest problem is we've lurched from identity crisis to identity crisis to identity crisis and we've never really committed to anything.

If you think our scouting network is the problem, look at the players we have identified that have been passed over by the ******* idiots who are running the shit show.

Batshuayi (before he was on Chelsea's radar)
Rincon (now at Juventus, who Pards decided he'd rather have ******* "The Wilsh")
Tosun (who Parish fannied about with the fee for)

The problem is we have a modern scouting network and a bunch of old boy donkeys in the background. If we wanted to sustain at this level we needed a clean sweep.

I was a massive Pardew critic.. but he wanted Rincon. SP went for wilshere. Thatís what Iíve been told by a former coach at the club

Seanee Pawnee
25-10-2017, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=eagles #1;13910955]Would you be motivated by 70 year old Roy Hodgson? Fear the bollocking you're gonna get after a 4-1 defeat to Bristol City?

It was his job to motivate the players and assess what can be changed second half.
Of which that clearly didn't happen. More akin to being told to do the washing up by ya grandad more like.

Reg_Maudling
25-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Roy hodgson is soft on players because he is like a grandad

Amazes me that people would belive that

How could anyone too soft manage for 40 years including four national teams and now four teams in the premier league? It would not be possible

Skiddo
25-10-2017, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=eagles #1;13910955]Would you be motivated by 70 year old Roy Hodgson? Fear the bollocking you're gonna get after a 4-1 defeat to Bristol City?

It was his job to motivate the players and assess what can be changed second half.

Of which that clearly didn't happen. More akin to being told to do the washing up by ya grandad more like.

I wouldn't even say his age has much to do with it really in terms of dishing out a bollocking, more to do with the fact he's been brought in as a stop gap to steer the ship and is not a long term solution for the club and every single person no knows this.

The players have a different manager every few months so they're never really gonna connect with whoever it is. One month they are being coached one thing, the next it's something else from a new manger. They are less likely to stand up and listen to a guy who is effectively 'filling in' until we get someone else.

It's like having a supply teacher in charge of a bunch of no hopers at school.

Reg_Maudling
25-10-2017, 11:55 AM
"Steve, we read about this thing in England called 'relegation'. Sounded unreal. It isn't actually ever enforced is it? Anyway, how are shirt sales going in the Far East?

SussexRed&Blue
25-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Although players like Jedinak, Murray, Bolasie, Ramage were all going to move on at some stage our recruitment to replace them should of been focused more on players with the right character with hunger and desire to be successful. The players above all had that gutsy courage that has been replaced by players happy to jog along and pick up their wages. This all seemed to stem from the changes Pardew made and surrounding himself with other yes men.

De Boer was a mistake after our lucky escape last year.

At least Roy has not been sentimental and has worked out his best 11 quickly. The side should be picked on form shown and everyone has been given a fair chance to impress him.

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 12:07 PM
This is so poor - pva's performance last night was nothing to do with Roy he just can't be arsed, hennessey' s lack of confidence is nothing to do with Roy. Having a lack of leaders is nothing to do with Roy. But yes blame him!

The roy blamers are the same people who slagged off Allardyce as useless when he didn't turn things round overnight. What is happening this season is the result of not addressing issues such as scouting, transfer policy and making signings that are necessary. We have relied on managers coming in and giving us a bounce and keeping us up. Sunderland did this time and again and in the end their luck ran out. Its happening to us now

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 12:10 PM

How could anyone too soft manage for 40 years including four national teams and now four teams in the premier league? It would not be possible

Amazing how once the media mock somebody they become useless and a joke in the eyes of so many

Pikie Punisher
25-10-2017, 12:43 PM

Martyn - Superb keeper

Shaw - Very steady

Salako - Superb crosser

And all were 'winners' not the lily livered bunch of imposters we have now. Even the team of 2 years ago, wouldn't be a match for the 90/91 line up.

Watched some old footage of them the other day, God how refreshing to remember! Men not tarts, not afraid of anybody, powerful, giving it all for the cause, so dangerous on the break, always goals in them and exciting to watch. They would be well up this Premier League believe me.

glaziers fan
25-10-2017, 12:48 PM

You are right (bit in bold). The difference is that on Saturday vs West Ham, and for most of the season hopefully, we will have most of those 8 or 9 players you have mentioned, plus Speroni who also has the same mentality, in the starting line-up. Just don't go to the FA Cup games ;)

glaziers fan
25-10-2017, 12:52 PM
I was a massive Pardew critic.. but he wanted Rincon. SP went for wilshere. Thatís what Iíve been told by a former coach at the club

Hopefully SP will complete the Wilshere deal in January! (But we might need to get some wins on the board first!)

eagle mart
25-10-2017, 12:59 PM

Wow. Tabloid / Meme fodder. Unable to form their own opinion, just assimilate.

Selhurst Celtic
25-10-2017, 01:13 PM
A lot has been covered so far, but what is really pissing me off about Palace at the moment is the decisions to take reduced allocations at away grounds. This season at Old Trafford and at St James' Park so far we've had a smaller section than other years.

I am led to believe that this is because the club is responsible for the entire sale of a block, so if we don't sell out the allocation, Palace have to pick up the slack.

Do the directors look out at the small pocket of away fans doing their best to back the club and give eternal thanks for the few grand they've saved if all the tickets weren't sold whilst a load of shithouse squad players relax on the bench in their tracksuits earning more money* than most of us could wish for?

Steve Coppell said: The only loyalty is between the supporter and his club. That will never die.

Give us the chance to maintain that loyalty and make more tickets available. Despite the dung being served up at the moment.

And fight for the full allocation of fans for the Brighton match.

(*Adlerhorst & Chiswick Eagle aside)

The Vicar
25-10-2017, 01:14 PM
"As for SP allowing the goalkeeping fiasco to go on for 2 years it just beggars belief...."

Yup.

GrayP41ace
25-10-2017, 01:17 PM
There wasnt enough time as he had practically joined Watford by the time Allardyce left, we were used as a pawn by the agent to get a better deal out of Watford probably, and Parish was always going to take his time after having to rush every appointment during a season, he had never had a summer to choose a manager so felt he was in a position to consider his options, and as he admitted on HOL radio, he overthought it. Even so the timing was off with Silva.

As for de Boer, it wasnt about the results, he was destroying the club from the inside, again Parish said after two weeks of preseason he realised he had made a mistake, would you want a manager that our owners knew was harming the club with their arrogance and incompetance?

Isn't it lucky for owners that they can't be forced out when displaying the same...

jimmy the gent
25-10-2017, 01:17 PM
He didn't apply for it, Parish approached him when it was obvious deBoer was a problem.

Not the case. RH applied for it in the summer.

GrayP41ace
25-10-2017, 01:27 PM
^^^ my thoughts exactly

I wonder what will happen to the fanbase when we're in the Championship, after what we've been subjected to ?
I also think Palace will struggle to off-load the deadwood in the squad. Which club would pay for any of our current bunch of losers.? The best they can hope for is to just see out their contracts, then fck off

There will always be clubs that will pay for a lot of our players when we go down. We are in fact one of those specific type of clubs. Someone will take a chance based on history and hope!

When was the last time we signed an up and coming player, performing well in the division below or below us? We sign another clubs failure, in pretty much all transfer dealings, in the feint hope we can re-ignite their careers and get the player the previous club thought they were signing.

Every player the selling club was happy to part with, even more so given the money we're prepared to spend on bang average, some without even bothering to replace them. Says all you need to know about our strategy and process.

We have a squad full of not good enough for the level they were at when we bought them and every one of them knows that, hence the need to pay wages way OTT to get them here, by that point, they just don't give enough of a shit.

Richard
25-10-2017, 01:29 PM

Martyn - Superb keeper

Shaw - Very steady

Salako - Superb crosser

Let's not forget the most important factor in all this - Sir Steve Coppell.

It's a fascinating debate to be had (but possibly not on this thread). I really think that most modern footballers are much better technically than the players of that era - and the same applies if you compare our squads of then and now - but it was the management of Coppell that turned a relatively limited bunch of players (with a few exceptions) into the team they were.

Maidstoned Eagle
25-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Not the case. RH applied for it in the summer.
Again, not what i was told. But not going to argue about it, you have your story I have mine.

Richard
25-10-2017, 01:31 PM

But they really were gutsy and the fans were totally loyal to the cause at that time.

Even more so in 1999/2000.

cybais
25-10-2017, 02:26 PM

^^ Glad someone noticed this about SP and his infatuation with being the next Southampton but half-arseing the other aspects involved. :)

cybais
25-10-2017, 02:32 PM
"Steve, we read about this thing in England called 'relegation'. Sounded unreal. It isn't actually ever enforced is it? Anyway, how are shirt sales going in the Far East?

Our results are that bad, nobody wants to even bootleg our shirts in a region notorious for fakes :)

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 03:28 PM

It's a fascinating debate to be had (but possibly not on this thread). I really think that most modern footballers are much better technically than the players of that era - and the same applies if you compare our squads of then and now - but it was the management of Coppell that turned a relatively limited bunch of players (with a few exceptions) into the team they were.

The salaries players are paid now compared to then; the quality of the training pitches and facilities they have at their disposal; plus all the other numerous luxuries they can call upon mean that players now should be better technically and physically than players a generation ago. The crucial difference is that current players are often soulless mercenaries who don't give a shit about the clubs they play for. The majority are just happy to bank incredible wages and do very little for it. Our squad is flooded with players like that.

fly eagle
25-10-2017, 03:44 PM
The players are just not very good, end of (baring the obvious exceptions).

Its clear that our recruitment policy is a shambles. Do we even have scouts, I can always accurately guess the majority of our targets. Generally any player on high wages not getting a game at another premiership club.

Failure can happen, but what I can accept is the lack of any sort of plan. If we had a plan and stuck with it and it didn't work out. I would be disappointed but could deal with it. We are just a very very unorganised club with what seems like no sort of strategy.

Kidofwonder
25-10-2017, 04:15 PM

John Salako by any chance?

cpfc4evandeva
25-10-2017, 04:20 PM
A lot has been covered so far, but what is really pissing me off about Palace at the moment is the decisions to take reduced allocations at away grounds. This season at Old Trafford and at St James' Park so far we've had a smaller section than other years.

I am led to believe that this is because the club is responsible for the entire sale of a block, so if we don't sell out the allocation, Palace have to pick up the slack.

Do the directors look out at the small pocket of away fans doing their best to back the club and give eternal thanks for the few grand they've saved if all the tickets weren't sold whilst a load of shithouse squad players relax on the bench in their tracksuits earning more money* than most of us could wish for?

Steve Coppell said: The only loyalty is between the supporter and his club. That will never die.

Give us the chance to maintain that loyalty and make more tickets available. Despite the dung being served up at the moment.

And fight for the full allocation of fans for the Brighton match.

(*Adlerhorst & Chiswick Eagle aside)

A thousand tickets that they don't sell is going to effectively be about £30k, or Mutch's weekly wage.

You don't want poor Jordon to go hungry, do you? :(

Seriously though, a reduction in available Brighton tickets is ******* disgrace if true.

Kidofwonder
25-10-2017, 04:45 PM
A thousand tickets that they don't sell is going to effectively be about £30k, or Mutch's weekly wage.

You don't want poor Jordon to go hungry, do you? :(

Seriously though, a reduction in available Brighton tickets is ******* disgrace if true.

we've already got more tickets for Brighton than Brighton police want us to apparently.

foresthillbilly
25-10-2017, 06:51 PM

I thought rod Hull died years ago ? :D

MFBias
25-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Fair enough. What about the 5 defeats out of 7 since he's been in charge then? :D

Doesnt mean a manager shouting at the players would have got any better results from them.

cantspell
25-10-2017, 09:47 PM

Let's add some others that were around this team - pemberton 100% effort - barber the same - madden cultured midfield player - Thompson back up striker - collymore!!

We haven't even a back up striker now

danpalace07
26-10-2017, 01:02 AM
actually hate this team (with a few exceptions). What a set of bottleless *****! There's some ability there but it all goes out the window as soon as they concede, they suddenly turn into Big Dave from the local after 5 pints and a fry up. None of them take any responsibility for their failings as well (even the so-called leaders). Losers.

Chairman Steve can **** off and all, what the **** has he done? The one good thing about us being shit is the likes of Watford and Burnley showing up the lack of strategy and poor running of the club. Even ******* Huddersfield...

might leave the fume there as I can't be arsed any more. This season is taking it out of us all.

danpalace07
26-10-2017, 01:09 AM

Ego knows best

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 11:18 AM

Neither can I. It is as clear as anything that Marco Silva was the right man for us. I think it didn't happen because he wanted to bring his entourage and we wanted to keep Big Sam's backroom staff. But they've all gone now and we have a short term managerial appointment instead of a long term one!

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 11:27 AM
actually hate this team (with a few exceptions).

Really?

Speroni: club legend
Sakho: hero for his work last season with us
Dann: has always appeared pretty popular
Ward: Mr 100%. Always gives his all
Townsend: poor start, but now runs through brick walls
Cabaye: people now seeing what he brings to the table. Meaty tackles + class
Luka: a fan favourite
McArthur: always gives 100%
Zaha: Palace legend

There's 9 of our first team. The truth is things are not as bad as they seem. It's the longevity of the bad results that's getting people down, and making it seem worse than it is. Those players are not bottlers. And they have enough ability to get us up the table. I still think we will be fine. As long as Zaha stays fit for the majority of the rest of the season. Crucial period coming up from Everton at home through to Christmas will decide our fate but I back them to do it.

Skiddo
26-10-2017, 12:32 PM
The truth is things are not as bad as they seem. It's the longevity of the bad results that's getting people down, and making it seem worse than it is.

That's some incredible spin there.

A job at Parish Towers awaits.

carter
26-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Take me back to the ďborn in South LondonĒ posters where players wanted and enjoyed playing for Palace. Having staff that could relate to fans. Iím fed up of seeing the players that weíve signed over 5 years not giving a **** about the club. I donít ask for the players to support Palace like we do but I do ask they give 100% and most of them donít anymore.

My favourite teams were always the Championship teams purely because they always had the most heart and determination. Not always the most technically gifted but always entertained and gave 100%. Could you seriously imagine Schlupp, PVA, CYL, Mutch, Hennessey, Sako, Remy any many more shit weíve signed since being in the Premier League trying to fight out a draw at Hillsborough or fighting in extra time in the play-off final?

Bollocks to them all thereís a lot of players that are being paid by the club that I would not buy a drink for let alone thank them for what theyíve done at the club.

Owngoal
26-10-2017, 01:41 PM
So pleased that we have another of these threads.. good stuff

Too true. If we all start one we could scupper the BBS as well as anything positive about the club.

Better still, go along on Saturday and hope Wilf works some magic and enjoy the likes of Sakho.

Mr Palace
26-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Things are actually worse than they seem if we're honest. It's not as if we have several players coming back from injury to pin our hopes on. We have one player, Benteke, who was out of form and who won't be back for a few more weeks. I'm not sure how our situation could be any worse - well, one thing would make it worse but I won't tempt fate by saying it.

Saturday is massive. Win and we could build some momentum on the back of two successive home wins (when did we last do that?). But lose and it could be curtains.

Sceagle
26-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Also fairly well known that he is tough with the players

Sceagle
26-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Really?

Speroni: club legend
Sakho: hero for his work last season with us
Dann: has always appeared pretty popular
Ward: Mr 100%. Always gives his all
Cabaye: people now seeing what he brings to the table. Meaty tackles + class
Luka: a fan favourite
McArthur: always gives 100%

There's 9 of our first team. The truth is things are not as bad as they seem. It's the longevity of the bad results that's getting people down, and making it seem worse than it is. Those players are not bottlers. And they have enough ability to get us up the table. I still think we will be fine. As long as Zaha stays fit for the majority of the rest of the season. Crucial period coming up from Everton at home through to Christmas will decide our fate but I back them to do it.

Speroni: 2nd worst keeper in the league behind Hennessey (I still love you Jules)
Sakho: top player
Dann: hit and miss recently, mostly miss
Ward: bad at football, probably the worst footballer in the league, definitely the worst right back
Cabaye: poor discipline
Luka: good player
McArthur: gone downhill massively, leans forward when he runs (weird), not good enough

8 players doesn't even make a full team, let alone close to a good squad.
Also WE HAVE NO ******* STRIKERS.

Benteke: does nothing
Wickham: who?
Kelly: 2nd worst player behind Ward
Tomkins: good but sicknote
PVA: dickhead
Schlupp: Championship footballer
Lee: shit
Puncheon: dreadful
RLC: needs to learn when to pass otherwise good
TFM: runs fast
Delaney: should have retired before Dougie picked him up
Sako: my wardrobe runs fast but my wardrobe can't kick a ball?
Reidewald: someone weaker than PVA
Souare: our best left back (somehow)
Kaikai: Championship
Ladapo: Sunday League
Mutch: ****

Awful recruitment. We have half of a very good team and half of a Sunderland-esque team.

gilesy14
26-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Speroni: 2nd worst keeper in the league behind Hennessey (I still love you Jules)
Ward: bad at football, probably the worst footballer in the league, definitely the worst right back
McArthur: gone downhill massively, leans forward when he runs (weird), not good enough

Awful recruitment. We have half of a very good team and half of a Sunderland-esque team.

I'm looking forward to seeing the responses to this...:D

Jim Cannon
26-10-2017, 02:53 PM

Ward is not that bad and is definitely better than Kelly
Some people will disagree with me but I think Kai Kai will find his level is probably eventually league 1 not championship

Sceagle
26-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Ward is not that bad and is definitely better looking than Kelly
Some people will disagree with me but I think Kai Kai will find his level is probably eventually league 1 not championship

Edited for accuracy

fly eagle
26-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Take me back to the ďborn in South LondonĒ posters where players wanted and enjoyed playing for Palace. Having staff that could relate to fans. Iím fed up of seeing the players that weíve signed over 5 years not giving a **** about the club. I donít ask for the players to support Palace like we do but I do ask they give 100% and most of them donít anymore.

My favourite teams were always the Championship teams purely because they always had the most heart and determination. Not always the most technically gifted but always entertained and gave 100%. Could you seriously imagine Schlupp, PVA, CYL, Mutch, Hennessey, Sako, Remy any many more shit weíve signed since being in the Premier League trying to fight out a draw at Hillsborough or fighting in extra time in the play-off final?

Bollocks to them all thereís a lot of players that are being paid by the club that I would not buy a drink for let alone thank them for what theyíve done at the club.

Funnily enough we signed half those players from the championship and one other who was well on the way to being relegated there!!

Selhurst Celtic
26-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Edited for accuracy

Kelly is a dreamboat.

cpfc4evandeva
26-10-2017, 06:07 PM
we've already got more tickets for Brighton than Brighton police want us to apparently.

Do you know how many we have?

The only reason I ask is that the Sussex Police would want us to have zero tickets. That would be their ideal.