PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Danny Ings

Ov.
25-10-2017, 05:46 AM
Rumours of Ings in January.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/10/24/liverpool-outcast-danny-ings-set-be-rescued-crystal-palace-january

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15615425.Crystal_Palace_interested_in_Liverpool_ou tcast/

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 05:53 AM
Yay, another sick note striker!

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 06:02 AM
a very easy rumour to invent, he doesn't play, we are desperate.

rudeboy
25-10-2017, 06:18 AM
Already recruiting for the championship

orp pisshead1
25-10-2017, 06:29 AM
If this was remotely true Do we ever learn :wallbash: bad enough with CW missing.

chelmsfordeagle
25-10-2017, 06:29 AM
Yay, another sick note striker!

Is he or is he a player that had one terrible injury and then hasn't been able to get into a very good Liverpool frontline? I wasn't aware that he'd loads of injuries.

Lego Knight
25-10-2017, 06:31 AM
Is he or is he a player that had one terrible injury and then hasn't been able to get into a very good Liverpool frontline? I wasn't aware that he'd loads of injuries.

Had quite a bad one at Burnley as well I seem to recall. Definitely a good player when he's fit, but he's had some long lay-offs.

Neckinger Eagle
25-10-2017, 06:46 AM
Finding valid injury information on the internet is a bit hit and miss. I went to Transfermarkt and the first thing I saw was that a comparable player was Connor Wickham.

15/16 Cruciate Rupture 50 games missed
16/17 Knee Op 35 games missed

Still, as per usual, Liverpool now have enough warning to inflate the price and then hold out until 11pm on transfer deadline day.

It might just be a rumour, of course. I wonder whether Southampton or Watford would look at a player like Ings as a target?

Worksop Palace
25-10-2017, 07:24 AM
Frankly, who cares. We're going down. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and we'd still go down

Latvian Eagle
25-10-2017, 07:50 AM
What's he like in goal?

whereEaglesFly
25-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Frankly, who cares. We're going down. We could sign Messi and Ronaldo and we'd still go down

Stupid :jerkit:

Worksop Palace
25-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Stupid :jerkit:

Why ?

ForzaPalace
25-10-2017, 09:04 AM
No

Roadblock
25-10-2017, 09:10 AM
I wonder whether Southampton or Watford would look at a player like Ings as a target?

Three or four years ago they might have. But I think both clubs transfer strategies have developed way beyond this.

Tim
25-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Another Steve Parish brainwave. Him & Wickham should be Match fit for next season..

Bubble Wrap
25-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Another Parish Scouting mission

V.Meldrew
25-10-2017, 09:23 AM
How would we get him as we already have 2 season long loans ?

ForzaPalace
25-10-2017, 09:50 AM
How would we get him as we already have 2 season long loans ?

Lazy journalism, that's how

brisbane_eagle
25-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Ings is not the answer; is he actually fit to play?

Nigelbrag
25-10-2017, 11:01 AM
Obviously he has got to have fully recovered to be interested in signing him, but if he has then he would make a superb signing especially if we went for a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 system. But i thought i had read that Liverpool are NOT interested in selling, and only on a loan deal which we currently can't do.

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Obviously he has got to have fully recovered to be interested in signing him, but if he has then he would make a superb signing especially if we went for a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 system. But i thought i had read that Liverpool are NOT interested in selling, and only on a loan deal which we currently can't do.

This is like signing Remy or Jack Wilshere. We can't afford these kinds of risks now.

Roadblock
25-10-2017, 11:28 AM
This is like signing Remy or Jack Wilshere. We can't afford these kinds of risks now.

Yep.

Eaglefoz
25-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Finding valid injury information on the internet is a bit hit and miss. I went to Transfermarkt and the first thing I saw was that a comparable player was Connor Wickham.

15/16 Cruciate Rupture 50 games missed
16/17 Knee Op 35 games missed

Still, as per usual, Liverpool now have enough warning to inflate the price and then hold out until 11pm on transfer deadline day.

It might just be a rumour, of course. I wonder whether Southampton or Watford would look at a player like Ings as a target?

Charlie Austin!

Zohar's Penalty
25-10-2017, 12:06 PM
This would be the most Palace signing. Almost guaranteed to happen. 14 million.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 12:50 PM

When has he last played a game? He's barely played for Liverpool. We've got wickham so we don't need another sicknote. It's not worth the gamble.

chelmsfordeagle
25-10-2017, 01:34 PM
When has he last played a game? He's barely played for Liverpool. We've got wickham so we don't need another sicknote. It's not worth the gamble.

Not sure, someone else said he has had two serious injuries. I think both since joining Liverpool. I am fairly sure he has been fully fit for at least 2017 but he is 6th or 7th choice and can't even make the bench.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Not sure, someone else said he has had two serious injuries. I think both since joining Liverpool. I am fairly sure he has been fully fit for at least 2017 but he is 6th or 7th choice and can't even make the bench.

He was a very good striker at Burnley so he would be good if he was fit but I don't see how we can afford to take the risk. Fine if we had three other strikers all fit and playing well but we haven't.

Nigelbrag
25-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Hence why i said IF FULLY RECOVERED.
Surely if He along with with the other Two mentioned again if fit would walk into our team. I would take Wilshire and Ings all day long.

chelmsfordeagle
25-10-2017, 03:20 PM
He was a very good striker at Burnley so he would be good if he was fit but I don't see how we can afford to take the risk. Fine if we had three other strikers all fit and playing well but we haven't.

I agree with you. The issues we might well have is that risks will be our only options.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 03:33 PM
I agree with you. The issues we might well have is that risks will be our only options.

I fear that will be the case.

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Hence why i said IF FULLY RECOVERED.
Surely if He along with with the other Two mentioned again if fit would walk into our team. I would take Wilshire and Ings all day long.

But this is where the risk is. At the moment you could say Wipshere is fully recovered from his injuries - he is fit and features mostly in cup games but is fit and available. If called upon regularly how long before another injury though? I think Ings falls into the kind of risk category that a club like us simply can't afford to take

Nigelbrag
25-10-2017, 07:42 PM
But this is where the risk is. At the moment you could say Wipshere is fully recovered from his injuries - he is fit and features mostly in cup games but is fit and available. If called upon regularly how long before another injury though? I think Ings falls into the kind of risk category that a club like us simply can't afford to take

Is the situation any different to what we have with Connor Wickham? all be it he is already on our books. What i am saying is should they play now until January it would give us an indication of their fitness before making any decisions about signing them is made.
But in any case all of this is irrelevant as i cant see Wilshire wanting to join a struggling outfit, and as Liverpool have said Ings will not be sold only a loan deal which we cant do.

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Is the situation any different to what we have with Connor Wickham? all be it he is already on our books. What i am saying is should they play now until January it would give us an indication of their fitness before making any decisions about signing them is made.
But in any case all of this is irrelevant as i cant see Wilshire wanting to join a struggling outfit, and as Liverpool have said Ings will not be sold only a loan deal which we cant do.

No it is not any different. But whickham arrived here without having a record as a sicknote. I am against bringing in players known to have shocking injury records. So many were excited about Remy and completely chose to ignore his injury record amd we must have wasted millions on him and he was no use to us at all

orp pisshead1
26-10-2017, 03:49 AM
No it is not any different. But whickham arrived here without having a record as a sicknote. I am against bringing in players known to have shocking injury records. So many were excited about Remy and completely chose to ignore his injury record amd we must have wasted millions on him and he was no use to us at all

This all day long ^^^^^^

Tim
26-10-2017, 06:25 AM
This all day long ^^^^^^

So, yet again no lessons have been learnt from past mistakes.

orp pisshead1
26-10-2017, 10:46 AM
So, yet again no lessons have been learnt from past mistakes.

Did you not read JC post correctly?.

glaziers fan
26-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Remy was injury prone, picking up hamstring injuries. This guy played regularly until serious injuries finished his last 2 seasons. Danny Ings would be a brilliant signing. Hard working and knows where the goal is. Also a good age. My concern would be whether the pace is still there after the injuries.

olly cromwell
26-10-2017, 11:57 AM
ings can only get better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWm0s7ZwDY

AJ
26-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Remy was injury prone, picking up hamstring injuries. This guy played regularly until serious injuries finished his last 2 seasons. Danny Ings would be a brilliant signing. Hard working and knows where the goal is. Also a good age. My concern would be whether the pace is still there after the injuries.
Would be good on a perm for the right price as long as his injuries have not ruined him. He would be good in the championship with Wickham next season.

chelmsfordeagle
26-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Have we signed him yet?

Sceagle
26-10-2017, 01:50 PM
He's currently fit and when fit is a very good player. I'd expect him to go to the Championship at the moment though. Sturridge more likely IMO.

jimmy the gent
26-10-2017, 02:04 PM
I'd expect him to go to the Championship at the moment though.

I expect us to do likewise, sadly.

ForzaPalace
26-10-2017, 02:22 PM
'When fit is a good player'. Heard that before. Wickham. Remy. Etc etc

ANDI29
26-10-2017, 02:49 PM
I think this has freedmanís suggestion all over, he was very keen on him when he was at Bournemouth

Worksop Palace
26-10-2017, 03:43 PM
He's currently fit and when fit is a very good player. I'd expect him to go to the Championship at the moment though. Sturridge more likely IMO.

Sturridge more likely, what ?

Thefunkymonk
26-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Sturridge.. despite being one of the most injury prone players around.. us quality... but his worst trait.. the most greedy player I have ever watched. Dont like him.

Danny Ings.. if fit is ideal. But he is never fit

Jim Cannon
26-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Sturridge.. despite being one of the most injury prone players around.. us quality... but his worst trait.. the most greedy player I have ever watched. Dont like him.

Sturridge deserves to be injured for that celebration alone

bgh2172
26-10-2017, 08:03 PM
At this rate we may as well find out what Liverpool want for a starting eleven!?

eagles #1
26-10-2017, 08:23 PM

He's really not. Has looked like a donkey every time I've seen him for Liverpool and England this season. Suarez and Sterling made him look good for a couple of seasons and he's been injured for the rest.

Chillo
26-10-2017, 09:34 PM
Sturridge deserves to be injured for that celebration alone

^^^^^ this