PDA

View Full Version : FFP catching up with clubs?

Johnnieboy
25-10-2017, 07:54 AM
"Queens Park Rangers have been ordered to pay a world-record £40million fine after losing a three-year battle against being found guilty of breaching Financial Fair Play rules during their most recent promotion-winning campaign"

They have another appeal to come but the fine is thought to be the largest ever in sport. Leicester and Bournemouth also being pursued.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40million-ffp-fine-losing-three/

CharlieCPFC
25-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Good.

art malice
25-10-2017, 08:05 AM
By the time offenders are punished, any teams they may have gained an advantage over will have been relegated

swissroll
25-10-2017, 08:22 AM
If QPR have to record the fine in their accounts they may fall foul of FFP again ROFLMAO

Yoda
25-10-2017, 08:58 AM
By the time offenders are punished, any teams they may have gained an advantage over will have been relegated

True.

But, a huge fine will serve as a deterrent to most clubs in the future.

QPR will be held up as an example.

dave_who_ru
25-10-2017, 09:07 AM

I agree it is ridiculous that this has taken so long. No wonder some fans on here and SP have queried whether there are any effective rules in place now.

I know our bug bear is the wage cap rather than overall losses but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

wrightchipvcfc
25-10-2017, 11:41 AM
To certain owners who are billionaires they will take the fine taking points would hurt them more

Spindle
25-10-2017, 11:51 AM
Take Leicester's title away from them and dock them and Bournemouth 10 points now. And Brighton too who have clearly cheated thanks to the penguin.

brighton_eagle
25-10-2017, 11:58 AM
A fine seems a ridiculous punishment. Just means big clubs will take the hit and build it into their accounting. Points deduction should be the way forward. You can guarantee that would be more likely stop clubs like Man City etc from breaking the rules.

Zohar's Penalty
25-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Everybody cheats though. Why are Manchester City, Chelsea etc able to spend with impunity? City do stupid shit like the owners “sponsoring” the stadium for 500 million. You can bet they won’t be fined anything. I don’t like QPR but the likes of City are the ones that should be penalised. And bloody PSG- how does that add up? The game is basically a load of old bollocks now isn’t it.

25-10-2017, 12:16 PM
If QPR have to record the fine in their accounts they may fall foul of FFP again ROFLMAO

It was unclear last night whether the club would have to record any fine in their latest annual accounts - putting them in danger of failing FFP again this season - or would be allowed to exclude it.

:supergrin:

CT_Palace
25-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Everybody cheats though. Why are Manchester City, Chelsea etc able to spend with impunity? City do stupid shit like the owners “sponsoring” the stadium for 500 million. You can bet they won’t be fined anything. I don’t like QPR but the likes of City are the ones that should be penalised. And bloody PSG- how does that add up? The game is basically a load of old bollocks now isn’t it.

this

money makes the ball go round, the ball go round etc etc

Nicebitofgreen
25-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Strike me down for this but anyone paying money for a PL ticket needs their head read. Money in the game is beyond a joke.

meee
25-10-2017, 06:43 PM
1. Money in football is ridiculous.

2. FFP is ridiculous because it gives the biggest clubs a huge advantage.

Kylie_Tracey
25-10-2017, 06:45 PM
good, but why has it taken so long? it was clear from the outset they were paying silly money in salaries and transfers

Kylie_Tracey
25-10-2017, 06:53 PM

even if they were fined they'd pay it in an instant.

Terrace Bickle
25-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Strike me down for this but anyone paying money for a PL ticket needs their head read. Money in the game is beyond a joke.
No, it's total common sense. I refuse to pay the price now because frankly they're ridiculous.

bradpitt
25-10-2017, 08:00 PM
So they pay the £40m, where does that money go?

Jim Cannon
25-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Good that QPR might get done at last but until they have exhausted every legal manoevre possible to avoud paying or get the fine reduced, I remain sceptical. I am glad Bournemouth are being mentioned - lots on here have shouted me down when I have said they must be in breach with all their spending when they have a small fanbase and capacity. Hope it bites them on the backside