PDA

View Full Version : Overpaid for players, sold our soul

Johnny Byrne
25-10-2017, 12:20 PM
All very sad.

Pikie Punisher
25-10-2017, 12:25 PM
Football 2017 all over mate, the game as we knew it is dead, the players only kiss the not the badge.

Mr Palace
25-10-2017, 12:29 PM
So true. Many of the current squad are mercenaries who don't care. The rest are not good enough bar 3 or 4 players who are being let down by the others.

Ifill Over
25-10-2017, 01:55 PM
After supporting for over 40 years this is the first time I feel disenfranchised with football in general. Not only with Palace, but the over saturation. I am getting to the point I need a break from it and put my energy else where. Pretty sure l am not alone feeling this way.

Wolfnipplechips
25-10-2017, 02:00 PM
......I went to watch Aldershot v Sutton last night. National League.

Bloody great. Excellent game finished 2-2 and the football was as good as anything we've played this year.

jaspercpfc
25-10-2017, 02:07 PM
All very sad.

what was the banner at home to city in 2014? you've got the money we've got the soul

Windsor_Eagle
25-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Could this not have been put on any of the other 100 threads discussing the carcass of CPFC?

Scifo
25-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Makes a nice change to be spreading the blame around now rather than on the signing of Mutch & Lee over 2 years ago

Thanet Eagle
25-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Don't think it's just a question of overpaying for players , but also bringing the wrong type of players to the club, whether panic buying or bad fits.

JDawg
25-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Could this not have been put on any of the other 100 threads discussing the carcass of CPFC?

Nope. Although they should be graded by the level of hysteria.

NickinOx
25-10-2017, 02:27 PM

Bloody great. Excellent game finished 2-2 and the football was as good as anything we've played this year.

I used to watch non-league and Division 2 quite regularly.

When I see people claim our players can't be expected to pass accurately and move into space, I think of watching Oxford United or some other lower league teams do exactly that.

Reg_Maudling
25-10-2017, 02:36 PM
The problem is that the longer you stay in the premier league the more you will lose your soul

Look at Stoke west brom etc not just the global brands

Best to be a yo yo club really

Championship is not so bad so long as you don't carry on the slide

in-exile
25-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Footballers see it as just as business and just a job ... Think Wilf and Kane are above the average for loving their club ...most think about who's got the best car or Watch..and I do include all the Palace players I've driven... (don't ask its 3)

CP-RJW
25-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Footballers see it as just as business and just a job ... Think Wilf and Kane are above the average for loving their club ...most think about who's got the best car or Watch..and I do include all the Palace players I've driven... (don't ask its 3)
Exactly, the vast majority of footballers in the Prem are mercenaries, so evidently that isn’t the issue here. It’d be deluded to pretend that even players our fanbase respect like Luka, Andros, Yohan etc really care about Palace on a substantial level, they’re just trying to make careers for themselves.

dim
25-10-2017, 05:30 PM
The Premier League is designed for this. It has a 15% turnover in clubs every year.... clubs overspend to avoid being one of the 15%......it kills them year by year. Each year a squad gets a bit worse. You arrive in the premier with good people on a good screw and leave it screwed with no good people all on fortunes.

It is crazy.

radiomike
25-10-2017, 05:44 PM
The so called big 6 are clearly angling for a breakaway incredibly demanding an even bigger share of resources. Thee greed that encapsulates the PL is obscene but fans, sorry consumers are buying it either attending or paying to watch. Until that changes little else will.

Smithers-Jones
25-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Speroni ward kelly sakho dann MacArthur Puncheon wilf Townsend. All good honest professionals. That's just off the top of my head and I'm not saying anyone else isn't but I think all this sold our soul stuff is a bit dramatic.
The only thing we've done is fail to improve the squad as a whole each year (and bought some bang average players).

And to balance things up I laughed when I heard about the shirt been thrown back last night. There - I've said it.

SeanPalace84
25-10-2017, 05:49 PM
I have personally lost so much passion for football in general over the last few months.

Spindle
25-10-2017, 05:50 PM

What did you think of Cameron Pring? I think he came on as sub, now a fullback. He's a loanee now signed with Bristol City, he's my old club manager's kid and used to play for us sometimes. It was funny playing division 2 district league with a (then) Cheltenham Town U-19 winger playing for us.

loz
25-10-2017, 06:07 PM
After supporting for over 40 years this is the first time I feel disenfranchised with football in general. Not only with Palace, but the over saturation. I am getting to the point I need a break from it and put my energy else where. Pretty sure l am not alone feeling this way.

I feel just the same mate, it's not just palace it's all pro football. I have been going to watch East grinstead in the Rymans south division and really enjoying it, can have a drink and a smoke and watch football on a terrace while have a chat with your mates.

Try going to watch you local side it may restore your mojo ?

Trainspotter
25-10-2017, 06:14 PM
I have been watching Walton Casuals in the Ryman South. The whole experience is far more enjoyable than at Selhurst. The players care more, the football is frenetic and entertaining and the whole atmosphere positive and friendly. I dread the Palace home games coming round because my son and I have a season ticket and I feel indebted to go. Never thought after 40 years of supporting Palace I would ever say this, but this whole Premier League experience has virtually killed all my interest in the club.

sheepy
25-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Basically there's still a Jedinak sized hole in our squad identity.

Said at the time that selling him wasn't a problem, it was the fact Pardew had no idea where to find players with the same level of character (and truth be told wasn't all that bothered about it). Well and truely come back to bite us in the arse

RAB
25-10-2017, 06:54 PM
The 'teamwork' scene in 'The Untouchables', with either Jedinak or Derry patting a baseball bat in one hand whilst nice guys Roy and Ray talked tactics.